[PFS] GM Skipper's #5–20 The Sealed Gate (Inactive)

Game Master SkipperD

Maps, handouts 'n stuff
Buff overview


51 to 100 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Tian-Sing Human Occultist L8 | HP: 83/83 | AC:23 T:13 FF:22 | CMB:12 CMD:25 | Saves F:12 R:5 W:9 | Init:+2 | Per:+14 | Spd: 20 | Reroll 1/1 | Mental Focus: abj 4, div 4, ill 0, trans 6 | Spell Slots: L1 5/5, L2 5/5, L3 3/3 | Conditions:

"Be warned! I sense two entities to the southeast, both radiating strong chaos and evil! One a single focused and overwhelming one, and the other a diffused strong one!"

perception, HA: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29

GM, I'm assuming I can't actually see anything? If so...
While drawing his greatsword, Bambang lays one hand on his leather headband, calling upon the remnant spirit residing there to grant him sight of that which is unseen.

cast see invisibility

Grand Lodge

hp 50/50; AC 24, 19, 22 (22, t19, ff 20), fort +7 refl +8, will +12;, bab 4, melee 7 (flurry +4, +4, -1), ranged 6, cmb 9 cmd 26; init +2; ki 6/7, ef 6/6, move 50, 1d8+3+1d4 unarmed dmg; csw 6, clw 35, mg armor 47; wih 46; folio reroll 1/1 | oni-spawn tiefling monk of the four winds 6 / sorceror 1 | -3 *
skills:
Acro +10 (+24 jump), Disable +14, Disguise +10, Escape +7, Heal +6, Intimidate +0, Know arcane +4, Perc +10, Prof (cartographer) +8, SM +8, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +6, Survival +4, Swim +7

perc: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

"I don't hear anything..." still, with the report of great evil nearby, Kenji taps himself with his wand of mage armor, just to be safe.


GM secrets:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

You assume correctly, Bambang.

As if answering Bambang's warning, creatures somewhat appear in the direction he indicated. It seems as if they're peaking out of square holes in reality and a horrid, giant locust beast steps out through what could be understood as an invisible doorway. The low buzzing all around you increases in volume, and a swarm of fiendish locusts pour out from another unseen door.

Initiative:
Kenji: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Bambang: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 4 = 19
Fahd: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Mavarion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Zeno: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 4 = 26
Periel: 1d20 ⇒ 15
D: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
V: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Tie-breaker:
Zeno: 1d20 ⇒ 19
V: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Combat Round 1
Bold may act
________________________________________
Zeno
Locust beast
Kenji, Bambang, Fahd, Periel
Swarms
Mavarion (invisible)

I've triggered both Bambang and Zeno's Heightened Awareness spells.

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 4
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 36/36|F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +12|CMB +9 CMD 22|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Arcane Bond, 1/1 Pearl

I actually would have opted NOT to expend my heightened awareness - at least not so soon - but I'll trust to the DM's discretion this time....

Knowledge (Planes) regarding reality rifts: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Knowledge (Planes) regarding 'Locust beast': 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Knowledge (Planes) regarding swarms: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Zeno imbues his bow with power, perceptibly bending space around it.

I cast gravity bow.


@Zeno: Purely a force of habit on my part, but I'm sure you'll be happy with going first after the first baddie's turn...

Zeno has no idea what the strange rift phenomena or the large insectoid fiend are, but the swarms are definitely vescavor swarms. Diminutive outsider (chaotic, evil, extraplanar, swarm). You have a single question.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 25 on the rifts:
This is most likely caused by a Mirage Arcana spell, possibly cast by Aram Zey to hide the camp from prying eyes.

The large creature takes to the air and zooms menacingly towards the party with a mind shattering drone.

Will, Bambang: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Will, Fahd: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13
Will, Kenji: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Will, Periel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Will, Mavarion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Kenji and Fahd can't withstand the otherworldly noise and start lashing out and gibbering. Confusion-like effect.
Adding insult to injury, it casts a swift spell causing a swarm of blod thirsty bats to appear out of thin air and rips into Bambang, Fahd, Periel and even the invisible Mavarion.

swarm Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 +1 bleed

Fort, Bambang: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Fort, Fahd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Fort, Periel: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Fort, Mavarion: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Not satisfyied with its mayhem yet, it points a finger at Periel and a black ray shoots forth.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

Luckily, it punches harmlessly into the ground.

Spellcraft DC 21 for the swarm spell:
Quickened Summon Swarm

Spellcraft DC 19 for the ray spell:
Enervation

Combat Round 1
Bold may act
________________________________________
Zeno
Locust beast
Kenji (6 damage, confused 1 bleed), Bambang (6 damage, 1 bleed), Fahd (6 damage, confused 1 bleed), Periel (6 damage, 1 bleed)
Vescavor Swarms
Mavarion (6 damage, 1 bleed, invisible)

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 4
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 36/36|F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +12|CMB +9 CMD 22|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Arcane Bond, 1/1 Pearl

Special offensive powers (particularly any the range of which extend beyond its own boundaries)?

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Spellcraft DC 21: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Spellcraft DC 19: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Zeno figures out after a moment that the 'rifts' are nothing more than mundane doors and windows, and lifts an approving eyebrow at what must be Zey's shrewd and powerful illusion. Too bad it's kind of backfiring for them under the circumstances. Now they have way to even guess how extensive this 'pest problem' might be....

Grand Lodge

hp 50/50; AC 24, 19, 22 (22, t19, ff 20), fort +7 refl +8, will +12;, bab 4, melee 7 (flurry +4, +4, -1), ranged 6, cmb 9 cmd 26; init +2; ki 6/7, ef 6/6, move 50, 1d8+3+1d4 unarmed dmg; csw 6, clw 35, mg armor 47; wih 46; folio reroll 1/1 | oni-spawn tiefling monk of the four winds 6 / sorceror 1 | -3 *
skills:
Acro +10 (+24 jump), Disable +14, Disguise +10, Escape +7, Heal +6, Intimidate +0, Know arcane +4, Perc +10, Prof (cartographer) +8, SM +8, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +6, Survival +4, Swim +7

confusion?: 1d100 ⇒ 60

Kenji hits himself for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 dmg.

Scarab Sages

Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 8; HP 76/76; AC (22)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +13; F+10,R+10,W+6 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +13 (+20 on Sunder), CMD 25 (30 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Confusion effects 1d100 ⇒ 42

Fahd was unable to shake off the effects of the magic and stood, babbling incoherently.

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 134/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

The damage doesn't exceed my force ward, so I'm not bleeding yet. Kineticists are crazy.

Mavarion swoops back a few paces, then charges up. This results in an incredibly loud blast of noise and a cloud of detritus swirling around the dwarf, though for the moment he cannot be seen. A second later, he appears and hurls a crossbow of all things into the swarm, which explodes outwards without risking his allies.

Maximized Empowered TK Blast, PBS, Precise, Invisibility(?) vs. Swarm: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 17 + 1 + 2 = 27
6d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3, 1, 1, 3) = 16 Maximum damage (36+17) plus 1 for PBS and half of rolled result (8) for 62 damage total.

5' step back, move action to gather power, standard to attack. Deals full damage to swarms, but not 1.5x.

Silver Crusade

Male Asimar Angel Born Paladin8
Spoiler:
AC 22/T10/FF18 HP 76/76 F+11 R+6 W+9 Init +0 Perception +0 CMD 22

Periel quickly moves forward to attack the Locust beast.
Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 141d8 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26.
But the Locusts did distract him badly and he misses.

Dark Archive

Tian-Sing Human Occultist L8 | HP: 83/83 | AC:23 T:13 FF:22 | CMB:12 CMD:25 | Saves F:12 R:5 W:9 | Init:+2 | Per:+14 | Spd: 20 | Reroll 1/1 | Mental Focus: abj 4, div 4, ill 0, trans 6 | Spell Slots: L1 5/5, L2 5/5, L3 3/3 | Conditions:

knowledge(planes) on locust beast: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Bambang curses under his breath, seeing the many swarms, knowing that he is not equipped to fight well against them. So he turns his attention on the giant locust beast, wondering what being it might be.

For now, however, Bambang pulls away from the battle, but that is so that he can call upon the warrior spirit residing in his sword and enchant the weapon further against the creature.

Use one transmutation mental focus to activate legacy weapon, to add bane(outsider), assuming that Bambang identifies it as an outsider that it, and also add another +1 enhancement.


@Zeno: They gibber, causing confusion near them, and prolonged exposure to the gibbering can have unforeseen consequences.

Kenji and Fahd gibber and lash out while Mavarion completely obliterates the bat swarm.

AoO v Periel: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Fort, Periel: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Periels brave charge only results in an opportune strike from the locust beasts stinger, though he lives up to his moniker and resists the foul fluid injected into him.

Bambang recognizes the large fiend as a Derakni, a favored of Deskari, the Demon Lord of Infestation and Locusts. Two questions. He then enhances his weapon accordingly.

The two vescavor swarms fly closer, and one of them engulfs Periel.

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Reflex, Periel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Fort, Periel: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Will, Periel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Will, Periel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Will, Bambang: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Will, Fahd: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15
Will, Kenji: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Will, Kenji: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

The paladin more or less resists the swarm and realizes that it's trying to devour his equipment just as the madness takes him. Bambang joins him as well.

Combat Round 2
Bold may act
________________________________________
Zeno
Locust beast
Kenji (11 damage, confused 1 bleed), Bambang (7 damage, 1 bleed, confused), Fahd (7 damage, confused 1 bleed), Periel (26 damage, 1 bleed, confused)
Vescavor Swarms
Mavarion (6 damage)

Dark Archive

Tian-Sing Human Occultist L8 | HP: 83/83 | AC:23 T:13 FF:22 | CMB:12 CMD:25 | Saves F:12 R:5 W:9 | Init:+2 | Per:+14 | Spd: 20 | Reroll 1/1 | Mental Focus: abj 4, div 4, ill 0, trans 6 | Spell Slots: L1 5/5, L2 5/5, L3 3/3 | Conditions:

Bambang will, as immediate action, spends one divination mental focus to activate danger sight, gaining +4 to saving throw. That would bring the will save to 15. Does that clear the DC?

Sudden Sight:
As an immediate action, you can protect yourself from harm by expending 1 point of mental focus. You can use this ability whenever you are the target of an attack or are required to attempt a saving throw against a special ability, spell, or trap. Doing so grants you an insight bonus to your AC or on your saving throw equal to 1/2 your occultist level. This bonus applies only to the next attack against you or saving throw you attempt, and if not applied by the end of the round, the protection fades and you gain no benefit. You must be at least 3rd level to select this focus power.

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 4
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 36/36|F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +12|CMB +9 CMD 22|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Arcane Bond, 1/1 Pearl

Zeno takes a shot at the major demon, guided by preternatural acuity...

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 1

...noticing, and immediately averting, what might almost have been a disastrous mistake on his part...

Comet" (Arcane +2 Adaptive Composite Longbow), gravity bow, Precise, Focused Shot, Deadly Aim, cold iron arrow vs "locust beast": 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
cold iron damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 6) + 13 = 24
Holy clams, CRITICAL THREAT!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Critical damage?: 4d6 + 26 ⇒ (4, 4, 6, 3) + 26 = 43

...and shoots the fiend right in the (you tell me, DM)!


@Bambang: That does make it then. On that note, you're all free to use any ability shenanigans/re-rolls on some of the many saving throws if you can and want to.
Bambang still has two questions concerning the Derakni, by the way.

Bambang and Zeno both divine themselves out of their respective predicaments, and the derakni looks on in shock as an arrow pierces its unnatural hide. No crit and DR applies, though. It answers Zeno by flying up and closer to him, its horrid wings droning on.

Will, Fahd: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Will, Kenji: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Will, Zeno: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17

Zeno falls victim to the maddening sound just as Kenji regains his composure. It's revenge in place, the fiend then shoots another black ray, this time at Bambang.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Negative Levels: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Combat Round 2
Bold may act
________________________________________
Zeno (confused)
Derakni (14 damage)
Kenji (11 damage, 1 bleed), Bambang (7 damage, 1 bleed, 4 negative levels), Fahd (7 damage, confused, 1 bleed), Periel (26 damage, 1 bleed, confused)
Vescavor Swarms
Mavarion (6 damage)

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 4
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 36/36|F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +12|CMB +9 CMD 22|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Arcane Bond, 1/1 Pearl

Fair enough...

Will save, folio reroll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Grand Lodge

hp 50/50; AC 24, 19, 22 (22, t19, ff 20), fort +7 refl +8, will +12;, bab 4, melee 7 (flurry +4, +4, -1), ranged 6, cmb 9 cmd 26; init +2; ki 6/7, ef 6/6, move 50, 1d8+3+1d4 unarmed dmg; csw 6, clw 35, mg armor 47; wih 46; folio reroll 1/1 | oni-spawn tiefling monk of the four winds 6 / sorceror 1 | -3 *
skills:
Acro +10 (+24 jump), Disable +14, Disguise +10, Escape +7, Heal +6, Intimidate +0, Know arcane +4, Perc +10, Prof (cartographer) +8, SM +8, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +6, Survival +4, Swim +7

Kenji spends a ki point for high jump and leaps for the demon ten feet up.

acro to jump, with running start: 1d20 + 6 + 11 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 11 + 20 = 56

He attempts to grapple the demon.

cmb to grapple: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28

Scarab Sages

Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 8; HP 76/76; AC (22)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +13; F+10,R+10,W+6 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +13 (+20 on Sunder), CMD 25 (30 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Confusion effect 1d100 ⇒ 28

Still addled from the magic, Fahd continues to be overwhelmed and takes no action.

Dark Archive

Tian-Sing Human Occultist L8 | HP: 83/83 | AC:23 T:13 FF:22 | CMB:12 CMD:25 | Saves F:12 R:5 W:9 | Init:+2 | Per:+14 | Spd: 20 | Reroll 1/1 | Mental Focus: abj 4, div 4, ill 0, trans 6 | Spell Slots: L1 5/5, L2 5/5, L3 3/3 | Conditions:

Ouch, that hurts!
Like to find out about DR and resistances.

Bambang while managing to resist the confusion of the vescavor swarm, but fails to duck away from the life draining bolt from the derakni. Almost collapsing to the floor from the sudden weakness, he grits his teeth and pulls himself together. He focuses his sole attention on the demon and charges straight towards it, slamming his empowered greatsword down on the evil entity

Bambang's greatsword is usually +2. With legacy weapon, it is now +3 bane, which makes it +5 vs outsiders. That should clear all possible DR?

+2 greatsword, legacy weapon, bane, power attack, furious focus, negative level, charge: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 33 dmg: 2d6 + 9 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 9 + 6 + 1 + 2 + (3, 2) = 30
crit?: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 26 dmg: 2d6 + 9 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 9 + 6 + 1 + 2 + (3, 5) = 37

Silver Crusade

Male Asimar Angel Born Paladin8
Spoiler:
AC 22/T10/FF18 HP 76/76 F+11 R+6 W+9 Init +0 Perception +0 CMD 22

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 8
Not fazed in the slightest Periel calls upon his memory fighting the giants.
He swells and enlarges, moving closer to the flying demon, calling his divine smite on it.


AoO: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

Kneji makes a magnificent leap, but the derakni dodges him and, though its opportunistic lash is likewise dodged.

@Bambang: DR/good. Resist acid, cold and fire.

Bambang and Periel charge in, occult and divine power on full display, and Bambang lands a punishing blow on the demon. DR is bypassed, but the bane dice aren't multiplied on a crit. Periel's smite is of course succesful.

Fahd continues to supply his own monotone noise to the droning corous as the two swarms swoop in.

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Reflex, Periel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Fort, Periel: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Reflex, Bambang: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 7
Fort, Bambang: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 4 = 17
Reflex, Kenji: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Fort, Kenji: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Reflex, Fahd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Fort, Fahd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Will, Periel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Will, Bambang: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 4 = 16
Will, Fahd: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Will, Mavarion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Will, Mavarion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

The swarms get to work with their cutting mandibles, and Bambang sees with dread that they've chewed into one of his wands. Your Wand of Heightened Awareness now has the broken condition. Luckily, there are no new victims of their incessant gibbering.

Combat Round 2/3
Bold may act
________________________________________
Zeno
Derakni (73 damage)
Kenji (16 damage, 1 bleed), Bambang (12 damage, 1 bleed, 4 negative levels), Fahd (13 damage, confused, 1 bleed), Periel (31 damage, 1 bleed)
Vescavor Swarms
Mavarion (6 damage)

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 134/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

"Damn bugs!" Mavarion roars as, with another burst of sound and power, a small hailstorm of pebbles rises from the ground. A flick of his hand directs them at the swarm menacing the most of his allies, skillfully manipulating them around friendlies. "Know yer superior!"

Max Emp TK Blast, PBS, Precise vs. Blue Swarm: 1d29 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 17 + 1 = 38
Confirmation: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 17 + 1 = 19
((6d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 6, 6, 1) = 26 + 17) / 2) + 17 + 1 + 36 = 75 damage total.

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 4
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 36/36|F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +12|CMB +9 CMD 22|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Arcane Bond, 1/1 Pearl

Zeno maintains a moderate distance from the horrible demon, and takes another shot...

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 16

"Comet," gravity bow, Point-Blank, Precise, Focused Shot, Deadly Aim vs "locust beast": 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 4) + 14 = 19


Mavarion blasts one swarm into oblivion and Zeno wounds the derakni even further.

Seemingly not realiating that the tides of battle are turning against it, the derakni buzzes slightly north and lays into Periel with tooth, claw and vicious stinger.

Bite: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34
Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Fort, Periel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Con Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Claw: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Claw: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Sting: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Fort, Periel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

The paladin fares poorly, but... With the Con damage you're currently at -9 HP, but I'll hazard a guess and say that you want to use one of your Hero's Defiance spells.

Combat Round 3
Bold may act
________________________________________
Zeno
Derakni (81 damage)
Kenji (16 damage, 1 bleed)
Bambang (12 damage, 1 bleed, 4 negative levels)
Fahd (13 damage, confused, 1 bleed)
Periel (77 damage, 1 bleed, poisoned, 3 Con damage)

Vescavor Swarms
Mavarion (6 damage)

Dark Archive

Tian-Sing Human Occultist L8 | HP: 83/83 | AC:23 T:13 FF:22 | CMB:12 CMD:25 | Saves F:12 R:5 W:9 | Init:+2 | Per:+14 | Spd: 20 | Reroll 1/1 | Mental Focus: abj 4, div 4, ill 0, trans 6 | Spell Slots: L1 5/5, L2 5/5, L3 3/3 | Conditions:

Kenji or Periel, can you 5-foot step to one side so that Bambang can 5-foot step in, and full attack?

Silver Crusade

Male Asimar Angel Born Paladin8
Spoiler:
AC 22/T10/FF18 HP 76/76 F+11 R+6 W+9 Init +0 Perception +0 CMD 22

Absolutely. Periel uses his heroes defiance.
LoH: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 5) = 14

Silver Crusade

Male Asimar Angel Born Paladin8
Spoiler:
AC 22/T10/FF18 HP 76/76 F+11 R+6 W+9 Init +0 Perception +0 CMD 22

He then slashes at the evil thing. While he has been damaged by the beast, his fury is not to be denied.
Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 4 = 351d8 + 35 ⇒ (4) + 35 = 39
Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 4 = 311d8 + 27 ⇒ (7) + 27 = 34
Confirm1: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 4 = 371d8 + 35 ⇒ (7) + 35 = 42
Confirm 2: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 4 = 221d8 + 27 ⇒ (3) + 27 = 30
No damage reduction, as this is smite evil. This should be 115 damage

Scarab Sages

Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 8; HP 76/76; AC (22)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +13; F+10,R+10,W+6 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +13 (+20 on Sunder), CMD 25 (30 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Confusion 1d100 ⇒ 86

Fahd takes a 5’ step and swings at Bambang, thoroughly confused by the magic affecting him.

Attack 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
Damage 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Oh no...

Possible critical 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Damage 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Silver Crusade

Male Asimar Angel Born Paladin8
Spoiler:
AC 22/T10/FF18 HP 76/76 F+11 R+6 W+9 Init +0 Perception +0 CMD 22

Arg, forgot to include being large.
Damage Crit: 4d6 + 72 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 5) + 72 = 85
Damage Crit: 2d6 + 28 ⇒ (6, 6) + 28 = 40

Dark Archive

Tian-Sing Human Occultist L8 | HP: 83/83 | AC:23 T:13 FF:22 | CMB:12 CMD:25 | Saves F:12 R:5 W:9 | Init:+2 | Per:+14 | Spd: 20 | Reroll 1/1 | Mental Focus: abj 4, div 4, ill 0, trans 6 | Spell Slots: L1 5/5, L2 5/5, L3 3/3 | Conditions:

Bambang grunts in pain as he feels a mighty blow from behind. He swings around, ready to chop down with his greatsword but holds back once he sees who dealt the blow. Almost immediately, he figures out what has happen. Weak on his feet and seeing the mighty attack from Periel, Bambang decides to withdraw from battle.

Sorry, don't think Bambang can afford to take another hit. Besides, Periel's attack should take it out? :) And Bambang has nothing useful against the swarm.

He pulls out his wand of healing as he retreats and attempts to activate it.
UMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
wand of clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Periel shines with the divine light of the Inheritor and smites the derakni into what looks like a fine paste.

Fort, Periel: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 1 = 27

Fahd however still sees demons everywhere and lands a solid blow against the nearest one. Unfortunately for Bambang, he's the "demon", and deciding that discretion is the better part of valor he moves away from the fray to heal himself.

Botting Kenji:

Kenji tries to drag Fahd away from the remaining swarm,

CMB: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

which he succeeds at, despite Fahd's constant squirming and muttering.

The vescavors engulf Mavarion, their slicing mandibles cutting into the dwarf.

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
Reflex, Mavarion: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Fort, Mavarion: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Combat Round 3/4
Bold may act
________________________________________
Zeno
Kenji (16 damage, 1 bleed)
Bambang (44 damage, 4 negative levels)
Fahd (14 damage, confused, 1 bleed)
Periel (63 damage, poisoned (1 save), 3 Con damage)

Vescavor Swarm
Mavarion (15 damage)

Silver Crusade

Male Asimar Angel Born Paladin8
Spoiler:
AC 22/T10/FF18 HP 76/76 F+11 R+6 W+9 Init +0 Perception +0 CMD 22

Quickly repeating the quick Lay on hands.
LoH: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3, 2) = 12
He then concentrates on his medallion.
False Life: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 134/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

"Are you mindless, like a horde'a bugs? If not, what made ya think this was a good idea?!" Mavarion roars as he swoops away from the swarm and continues slinging deadly pebbles at it.

Max Emp TK Blast, PBS vs. Red: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 1 = 31
6d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 1, 5, 4, 2) = 20
72 damage total.

Scarab Sages

Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 8; HP 76/76; AC (22)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +13; F+10,R+10,W+6 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +13 (+20 on Sunder), CMD 25 (30 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Confusion 1d100 ⇒ 91

Sigh. I hate Confusion spells, lol.

Fahd swings at Kenji, the closest opponent.

Attack 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Damage 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Fort, Periel: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 1 = 23

Mavarion blasts the last swarm to smithereens just as Fahd clobbers Kenji. Luckily, he regains his wits shortly thereafter.

----Combat Over----

Current party status (do correct me if I'm wrong):
Zeno
Kenji (38 damage)
Bambang (44 damage, 4 negative levels)
Fahd (14 damage)
Periel (51 damage, 3 Con damage)
Mavarion (15 damage)

On the bright side, none of you managed to get afflicted with schizophrenia, which is nice...

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 4
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 36/36|F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +12|CMB +9 CMD 22|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Arcane Bond, 1/1 Pearl
GM Skipper wrote:


On the bright side, none of you managed to get afflicted with schizophrenia, which is nice...

Bad joke, or was that actually something they could have done to us...?

Silver Crusade

Male Asimar Angel Born Paladin8
Spoiler:
AC 22/T10/FF18 HP 76/76 F+11 R+6 W+9 Init +0 Perception +0 CMD 22

Using a wand Periel will heal himself. Can we take 2 charges for average 11 hp healed.

Dark Archive

Tian-Sing Human Occultist L8 | HP: 83/83 | AC:23 T:13 FF:22 | CMB:12 CMD:25 | Saves F:12 R:5 W:9 | Init:+2 | Per:+14 | Spd: 20 | Reroll 1/1 | Mental Focus: abj 4, div 4, ill 0, trans 6 | Spell Slots: L1 5/5, L2 5/5, L3 3/3 | Conditions:

With the last demon destroyed, Bambang starts panting heavily, feeling the weight of his armor bearing down on him. The life drained from him leaves him weak. He activates his healing wand to heal part of the damage but there are some deeper wounds that the wand is unable to fix.

wand of clw: 8d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 8, 7, 2, 8, 2) + 8 = 46

No one happen to have a restoration lying around somewhere? :) Oh well...

Oh, how do I fix the broken wand of heightened awareness? Would a mending spell fix it? And if so, can anyone casts it?

Scarab Sages

Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 8; HP 76/76; AC (22)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +13; F+10,R+10,W+6 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +13 (+20 on Sunder), CMD 25 (30 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Fahd looked on in horror, seeing that he had inflicted terrible wounds on his friends. ”I’m very sorry, everyone. That magic got into my mind. I’ll try to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future,” he says apologetically.

He also pulls out a CLW wand, asking one of the others to heal him.

CLW 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 5) + 4 = 15

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 134/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

"Now, what was that all about?" Mav mutters. Formerly unseen, there is now a thin force barrier covering the dwarf's body, sporting a few translucent cracks. These begin to patch themselves up as the party does. "I can heal too, big time, but it's better fer emergencies. Patches you up, but wears you or I out."


@Zeno: That's a thing that could have happened... This scenario does a have a reputation for a good reason.
@Periel: Eh, sure.
@Bambang: A CL 1 mending spell will do. Let's hope someone has it prepared...

Poking around the veiled camp, you all eventually manage to see through Zey's illusion.

The camp is empty and shows no signs of battle, apart from some chewed-up furniture the vescavors had been eating. The large amount of supplies one would expect from a operation of this size are also conspicuously missing.

Survival DC 10:
Though the ground is covered with booted footprints, only five sets exit the camp to the north.

Survival DC 20:
An additional set of tracks—appearing as spiky marks in the ground, as if a large thorn-covered arachnid was skittering through the grass—is discernible along the perimeter of the camp and follows the same path north.

Survival DC 25:
You find another path to the west bearing multiple sets of the same spiky tracks, leading both to and from the camp several times.

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Diviner 4/Archer 4
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 36/36|F +4, R +6, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment and red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +12|CMB +9 CMD 22|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Arcane Bond, 1/1 Pearl

The others feel a momentary cool breeze in their ears as Zeno places a minor but useful enchantment on the party.

"That will help us coordinate. If you hear my voice on the breeze, you can whisper something back and I will hear it."

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"Hmm...once one disentangles all these bootprints, there are only five leaving the site."

Can anyone do better?

Scarab Sages

Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 8; HP 76/76; AC (22)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +13; F+10,R+10,W+6 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +13 (+20 on Sunder), CMD 25 (30 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

Survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"And those five sets of boot prints head off to the north," Fahd agrees.

Grand Lodge

hp 50/50; AC 24, 19, 22 (22, t19, ff 20), fort +7 refl +8, will +12;, bab 4, melee 7 (flurry +4, +4, -1), ranged 6, cmb 9 cmd 26; init +2; ki 6/7, ef 6/6, move 50, 1d8+3+1d4 unarmed dmg; csw 6, clw 35, mg armor 47; wih 46; folio reroll 1/1 | oni-spawn tiefling monk of the four winds 6 / sorceror 1 | -3 *
skills:
Acro +10 (+24 jump), Disable +14, Disguise +10, Escape +7, Heal +6, Intimidate +0, Know arcane +4, Perc +10, Prof (cartographer) +8, SM +8, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +6, Survival +4, Swim +7

Kenji, badly hurt, uses his wand of infernal healing on himself 4 times in succession, once per minute, which heals him completely.

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 134/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

Survival (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"Five, ye say?" Mavarion lazily floats over the site without paying it much mind. "Looks more like dozens. They goin' in about the same direction?"


So, what's the plan? The camp's abandoned, but you've found boot prints leading north.

Silver Crusade

Male Asimar Angel Born Paladin8
Spoiler:
AC 22/T10/FF18 HP 76/76 F+11 R+6 W+9 Init +0 Perception +0 CMD 22

"Well, without better clues I think we should follow the bootprints!" The Paladin looks around for any other clues.

Scarab Sages

Brawler (Mutagenic Mauler/Steelbreaker) 8; HP 76/76; AC (22)20/ T 14/ FF 18; (+2 damage while using Mutagen) Perception +13; F+10,R+10,W+6 (+2 vs. Charms, Compulsions and Emotion effects); CMB +13 (+20 on Sunder), CMD 25 (30 vs. Sunder), Speed 30'; Init.+2

”Sounds like the best plan to me. Let’s get moving,” he directs, heading out to the north.

Grand Lodge

Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 31/31, regenerates 3/minute, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 134/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 24 | Init +6 | Perc +17

"Away go," Mav concurs as he vanishes once again. "Don't worry, I'm still here. Haven't bailed on ya yet."

Grand Lodge

hp 50/50; AC 24, 19, 22 (22, t19, ff 20), fort +7 refl +8, will +12;, bab 4, melee 7 (flurry +4, +4, -1), ranged 6, cmb 9 cmd 26; init +2; ki 6/7, ef 6/6, move 50, 1d8+3+1d4 unarmed dmg; csw 6, clw 35, mg armor 47; wih 46; folio reroll 1/1 | oni-spawn tiefling monk of the four winds 6 / sorceror 1 | -3 *
skills:
Acro +10 (+24 jump), Disable +14, Disguise +10, Escape +7, Heal +6, Intimidate +0, Know arcane +4, Perc +10, Prof (cartographer) +8, SM +8, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +6, Survival +4, Swim +7

"Yet? I hope that doesn't mean you plan on doing so... " He gives a wry smile, showing the comment was more in jest than accusation... and begins following the bootprints with the others...

51 to 100 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Skipper's #5–20 The Sealed Gate All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.