Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

[PFS] GM ShieldBug's The Silverhex Chronicles (Inactive)

Game Master ShieldBug

Maps and Handouts

Silverhex:

As you may have gathered from my absence, I’ve made a few enemies who would be all too pleased to see me leave the region—or worse. Like so many matters in the River Kingdoms, the range of thugs that might want an honest explorer dead are as diverse and numerous as the kingdoms
themselves. The last several months of my time here have been exciting and perilous enough that exactly who my real enemies are is unclear. Until I can sort out the sides, I’m lying low in a nearby hideout. I should be safe there and can meet with you soon to complete our transaction.


401 to 450 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"You stay in the cave, Ulisha, so they're drawn into the ambush." Danicka remarks, uncharacteristically taking on a leadership role. "I'll hide in the cave. When they come too close I can try to knock them out with a spell. It's short range, but has a wide area, so I need the rest of you to keep clear of the entrance."

Danicka's going to hang back with Ulisha in the cave, and fire a colour spray as soon as anyone comes in range of the cave mouth. You guys can spring the ambush sooner than that though. Maybe when they're between the other two clumps of rocks?

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The Exchange

Male Human Cavalier [Ghost Rider] - 1 | Init +1, Senses Perception +5 | | AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, ) | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0 | HP 12/12 | Hss HP 10/10 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Condition:

Brock follows Sin to the pile of rocks by the cave, "Aye, these rocks will give us a clean shot but be close enough to charge after we loose." He settles as best he can with his crossbow, ready to loose a bolt then charge.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.2 | AC 17 (T 11/FF 16) | CMB +6 CMD 17 (FF 16) | HP 15/15 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 (+2 Temp HP, -2 AC, +2 Hit/Dam, +2 Will) | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Yaiho hides behind the biggest rock due to his size and in a position to come from behind when the assassins appear.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Stealth: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 1 Panache 4/4
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+4[/dice]
| HP: 12 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks

Forrest dashes behind a rock, then falls, upsetting the whole pile and leaving a small indent in the ground.

Stealth : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dark Archive

Minatan Wayang NG Alchemist (Mindchemist) L1 | HP: 8/8 | AC:18(+4) T:15 FF:14(+4) | CMB:-2 CMD:11 | Saves F:1 R:6 W:0 | Init:+4 | Per:+6 | Spd: 20 | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: bombs 7/8, cognatogen 0/1, dissolution's child 1/1, light & dark 1/1 | Condition: cognatogen (10m), shield 91m)

Knowing that he is extremely defenseless is close combat, Umbrutan fears getting trapped in the cave. He studies the ground somewhat, then paces over to Yaiho and crouches into the shadows cast by the large rocks.

"My plan is to launch one of my bombs into them as soon as they come within range. Draw them to Yaiho, and perhaps the rest can flank them from the rear. Danicka is the final defence should any get through." And if they get too close for comfort, I'll disappear into the shadows.

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Doh!

As soon as he spots the assassins, Umbru will down the following in this order (i) cognatogen, (ii) extract of shield, and (iii) extract of heightened awareness (which he will dismiss in combat to get the initiative bonus). GM, let me know how many he actually manages to quaff. :)

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

When Danicka sees them coming she uses a scroll of mage armour on herself. When they enter the map she also uses a scroll of shield.


Silverhex Chronicles

"Draw them in and give them the ol' blammo, huh?" Ulisha says as she draws a silver sickle from her belt and nods, "I like it!" She moves into the cave and crouches down, hides her sickle behind a leg, and tries her best to look inconspicuous, "How did I get myself into this mess?"

Perception (Forrest): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Perception (Umbrutani): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Nothing to see here:

Stealth (Punchy): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Stealth (Shooty): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Perception (Punchy): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception (Shooty): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Who Goes First?:
init, Forrest: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
init, Yaiho: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
init, Brock: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
init, Danicka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
init, Umbrutani: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
init, Sinaryn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
init, Ulisha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
init, Baddies: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Roll off to see who goes first, Sinaryn or the Baddies:
Roll off (Sinaryn): 1d20 ⇒ 20
Roll off (Baddies): 1d20 ⇒ 8

Barely two minutes later, Umbru spots a lone unarmed human woman dressed in dull greens and greys trying to sneak up the hill. A few hand signals later, and everybody is aware of the incoming traveller. Danicka immediately starts to read a few of her scrolls in preparation, and Umbru quickly drinks his cognatogen, he also manages to quaff one more of his extracts before everyone hears the yell...

Just cognatogen and shield this time, Umbru. ;)

"Its an Ambush!" A halfling man suddenly appears out of the shadows of the hillside drawing his bow and aiming straight for Umbru, "Behind the rocks!" The human starts looking desperately around at all the rocks surrounding her, but she finally settles on the one Umbru is hiding behind when the halfling's arrow harmlessly ricochets off it.

Atk. Shortbow; Range, Cover: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15
Dmg. Piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Umbru is the only one who could see either of the baddies, and so he let everyone know and you got some of the buffs in. However, no one saw the particularly sneaky and observant halfling, and he spotted Umbru before you were ready to set off your trap. As such, he got a surprise round and now we're in initiative proper. ;)
____

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Forrest ( )
Umbrutani (cognatogen, shield)
Sinaryn ( )
---------------------------
Yellow ( )
Blue ( )
---------------------------
Ulisha ( )
Yaiho ( )
Brock ( )
Danicka (mage armour, shield)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Forrest, Brock, Sinaryn, and Danicka are all still hidden.

PENDING
None

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Poor life decisions and a lack of morals," Danicka remarks curtly at Ulisha.

---

Danicka finishes using her scrolls and ducks low, trying to keep out of sight while keeping her eye on the battle.

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 1 Panache 4/4
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+4[/dice]
| HP: 12 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks

Forrest runs out into the open and spreads his arms wide. With a wink he says, "You came for the wrong mark, Assassins! Ulisha's bodyguard Danicka is a murderous brute! "

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Totally believable. ;)

The Exchange

Male Human Cavalier [Ghost Rider] - 1 | Init +1, Senses Perception +5 | | AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, ) | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0 | HP 12/12 | Hss HP 10/10 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Condition:

In reality Brock and Forrest should have been just standing there taunting/challenging them the whole time.

I just didnt want to ruin the ambush for the group.

Liberty's Edge

CG Female Undine Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:0 , CMD:0 | F:3 R:6 W:3 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Grit 1: 2/3 | Hydrated Vitality: 2/2HP | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 8 | Craft: 5 | Perception: 7 | Sense Motive: 4 | Slight of Hand: 8

Yeah, in reality I don't think we are the stealthiest bunch, lol. The convoy heist scenario is going to go great!

Sinaryn waits in hiding trying to not laugh at Forrests antics.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Danicka's eyes widen, then she puts on her fiercest face--just in case the enemy can see her.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Why is she always better at intimidate than diplomacy?

Dark Archive

Minatan Wayang NG Alchemist (Mindchemist) L1 | HP: 8/8 | AC:18(+4) T:15 FF:14(+4) | CMB:-2 CMD:11 | Saves F:1 R:6 W:0 | Init:+4 | Per:+6 | Spd: 20 | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: bombs 7/8, cognatogen 0/1, dissolution's child 1/1, light & dark 1/1 | Condition: cognatogen (10m), shield 91m)

Seeing Forrest going straight for the woman, Umbru decides that the halfling with the bow is the biggest threat. Rather more reckless that he should, he moves forward to close the distance (although still keeping behind Forrest), he pulls out a bomb and with a mighty swing, lobs it overhead straight towards the (blue) halfling.

bomb vs blue touch AC, 2 range increments: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 4 = 17 dmg: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
If miss, miss direction: 1d8 ⇒ 2, 8 splash dmg with 5ft.


Silverhex Chronicles

The unarmed human quickly glances towards the cave, and actually seems to buy it, "Well... Maybe I'll start with you then!" She says as she stalks up to Forrest and attempts to punch him in the neck. Maybe it's because of the awkward size difference for such a blow, or maybe it's because she caught a glimpse of the menacing face of Danicka, peering out from behind the rocks. Whatever it was, the human misses Forrest by quite some distance.

Atk. Fist; Shaken: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 2 = 10
Dmg. Bludgeoning + Stun: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Umbru's bomb sails through the air some 60ft, and as the halfling watches it arc towards him, the glass phial almost seems to move in slow motion. That is, until is explodes in a giant ball of flames right at his feet, the halfling screams as he is surrounded by flames and jumps back behind the hillside for cover. Quickly, he plucks a potion from his belt and chugs back the contents in one go. His blistering skin immediately looks a lot better and he breathes a sigh of relief.

Potion CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Ulisha is taken aback by Danicka's curt remarks, but she has no time to reply before the assassins show up. She stands up and steps out of the cave, and in a strong, confident voice says, "Never before in history have a group of seven exceptional individuals, such as us, ever failed to do the task they have set out to perform..." She then launches into a story about just seven people defending a whole village from a considerably larger group of assassins than are standing before you right now.

She's inspiring courage. ;)
____

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Ulisha (inspiring courage)
Yaiho ( )
Brock ( )
Danicka (mage armour, shield)
---------------------------
Round 2 - Bold may act
---------------------------
Forrest ( )
Umbrutani (cognatogen, shield)
Sinaryn ( )
---------------------------
Yellow (shaken 2/3)
Blue (-4hp)
---------------------------

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Ulisha is inspiring courage, +1 to hit and damage rolls for everyone

PENDING
None

The Exchange

Male Human Cavalier [Ghost Rider] - 1 | Init +1, Senses Perception +5 | | AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, ) | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0 | HP 12/12 | Hss HP 10/10 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Condition:

Seven Samurai? Or Magnificent Seven?

Seeing that he will be unable to get a clean shot with his crossbow, Brock drops it and stands, "Their armor looks weak on the sides, stab it like this..." he instructs as he stands and stalks towards the assassins, drawing his blade.

standard, Tactician, move and draw

Sin, Ulisha, Forrest and Brock get Precise Strike: if flanking you get +1d6 damage

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 1 Panache 4/4
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+4[/dice]
| HP: 12 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks

Yellow is about to be very very dead, me thinks.

Forrest has a glint in his eye as the enemy falls for his trap. As she swings her fist, he dodges and responds with his rapier.

Parry vs Medium: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
EDIT: This hits, because it beats her attack vs me.
Riposte: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
3/4 Panache remaining.

Then, in one smooth motion, he works with Brock to find her weaknesses.
Vs Flat Footed: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + (5) = 14

Slipping in the grass, Forrest winks at Brock. "Alright, I guess I'll share this one with you. "
Well, that's what I get for saying I'd do well, I suppose. Funny that the cavalier who is all about single challenges can buff flankers.

The Exchange

Male Human Cavalier [Ghost Rider] - 1 | Init +1, Senses Perception +5 | | AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, ) | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0 | HP 12/12 | Hss HP 10/10 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Condition:

Yeah, selecting Order of the Cockatrice should replace Tactician with the Inquisitors Solo Tactics I think. Why would I help my teammates steal my Glory with a class mechanic? Figure I better use it if I like Ghost Rider as that archive drops it

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

IF Yellow is still conscious after the others get at her:

Danicka draws a scroll, peeks up from behind the boulder and activates it, causing a shimmering bolt to fly at the yellow assassin, striking her in the chest.

Using a scroll of magic missile.

Force Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

---

IF Yellow is unconscious:

Danicka readies an action to fire a colour spray if an enemy comes within range and her friends aren't in the blast area.


Silverhex Chronicles

I think more magnificent seven, you have a pistol after all. :)

Forrest takes advantage of the assassin's clumsy attack, dodging her fist and slashing a deep cut on the back of her shoulder "Aaagh!" He then follows Brock's advice, and attempts to stab at the exposed point under the assassin's armpit, but in his haste to deal what would surely be a fatal blow, Forrest slips on the grass, allowing the her to recover in time to dodge out of the way. However, she sidesteps right into Danicka's bolt of arcane energy, the force hitting her with considerable power, "Ooof!" and she's starting to look worse for wear.
____

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Ulisha (inspiring courage)
Yaiho ( )
Brock ( )
Danicka (mage armour, shield)
---------------------------
Round 2 - Bold may act
---------------------------
Forrest ( )
Umbrutani (cognatogen, shield)
Sinaryn ( )
---------------------------
Yellow (-12hp, shaken 2/3)
Blue (-4hp)
---------------------------

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Ulisha is inspiring courage, +1 to hit and damage rolls for everyone

PENDING
None

Liberty's Edge

CG Female Undine Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:0 , CMD:0 | F:3 R:6 W:3 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Grit 1: 2/3 | Hydrated Vitality: 2/2HP | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 8 | Craft: 5 | Perception: 7 | Sense Motive: 4 | Slight of Hand: 8

Sinaryn comes out from behind the rocks and with a sigh fires off a shot. "Surprise." she says unenthusiastically bummed she didn't get to ambush them.

Pistol vs. Touch: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Silverhex Chronicles

You folks are really skilled at taking opponents to exactly 0hp. :)

Still reeling from the attacks of Forrest and Danicka, the assassin is actually very surprised when yet another person appears from nowhere, "How many-" Is all that she can get out before the bullet bursts through her other shoulder. Wobbling on her feet, she starts glancing around at the Pathfinders surrounding her, clutching at the wound on her shoulder, and looking panicked. "Get out of there you fool!" Is the only encouragement she gets from the halfling down below.
____

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Ulisha (inspiring courage)
Yaiho ( )
Brock ( )
Danicka (mage armour, shield)
---------------------------
Round 2 - Bold may act
---------------------------
Forrest ( )
Umbrutani (cognatogen, shield)
Sinaryn ( )
---------------------------
Yellow (-17hp, disabled, shaken 2/3)
Blue (-4hp)
---------------------------

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Ulisha is inspiring courage, +1 to hit and damage rolls for everyone

PENDING
None

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.2 | AC 17 (T 11/FF 16) | CMB +6 CMD 17 (FF 16) | HP 15/15 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 (+2 Temp HP, -2 AC, +2 Hit/Dam, +2 Will) | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Not wanting the Halfling to get away and since the other enemy is surrounded, Yaiho takes off in a full run toward the Halfling and stops right in front of him, smiling with malice. "Surrender or Yaiho kill you."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Full-round action: Run (moved 70')

Liberty's Edge

CG Female Undine Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:0 , CMD:0 | F:3 R:6 W:3 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Grit 1: 2/3 | Hydrated Vitality: 2/2HP | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 8 | Craft: 5 | Perception: 7 | Sense Motive: 4 | Slight of Hand: 8

Idk about that guy but I would surrender if Yaiho was barreling down at me. If not faint.

The Exchange

Male Human Cavalier [Ghost Rider] - 1 | Init +1, Senses Perception +5 | | AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, ) | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0 | HP 12/12 | Hss HP 10/10 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Condition:

The poor halfling doesn't know what we know, hasn't seen what we can't unsee

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 1 Panache 4/4
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+4[/dice]
| HP: 12 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks

Forrest covers his eyes. "Here comes the blood spray. "

Yaiho, I think intimidate is a standard action in combat. Brock, do you know?


Silverhex Chronicles

It is, unfortunately, a standard action. Although, Brock has an ability to do it as a swift, and there are rage powers that I think let you do it as a free or a move action. If it's alright with Yaiho, I'll just use the roll for roleplay, unless you want to retcon and move back a little?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.2 | AC 17 (T 11/FF 16) | CMB +6 CMD 17 (FF 16) | HP 15/15 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 (+2 Temp HP, -2 AC, +2 Hit/Dam, +2 Will) | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Forgot it was a standard action. Just make it a roleplay.

Dark Archive

Minatan Wayang NG Alchemist (Mindchemist) L1 | HP: 8/8 | AC:18(+4) T:15 FF:14(+4) | CMB:-2 CMD:11 | Saves F:1 R:6 W:0 | Init:+4 | Per:+6 | Spd: 20 | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: bombs 7/8, cognatogen 0/1, dissolution's child 1/1, light & dark 1/1 | Condition: cognatogen (10m), shield 91m)

With the woman being flanked by Brock and Forrest, there is no safe way for him to throw a bomb at her without injuring his friends. Instead, he moves past that group of combatants towards Yaiho. He pulls out his flask, and gets ready to throw it at the foot of the halfling, should he bizarrely not be cowed by Yaiho and choose to continue fighting.

ready action to throw bomb at indicated grid intersection should halfling not surrender.

bomb vs floor AC5, two range increments, inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 14
9 splash dmg on halfing, ref DC15 for half


Silverhex Chronicles

Surrounded and with little chance of being able to drink the potion that hangs so temptingly from her belt, the wounded assassin strikes out like a cornered animal. She kicks viciously at Brock's shin, desperately hoping to hear a crack, and attempts to spin around to do the same to Forrest, but her leg gives way, and she crumples to the floor with a thud. She lays motionless and bleeding from several nasty looking wounds after, again, completely missing her opponents.

Atk. Kick + Scorpion Strike (Brock); Shaken: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 2 = 12
Dmg. Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

So she basically just spun around and fell over... Hmm, that's a bit anticlimactic.

The halfling gulps as Yaiho bounds towards him and shakily raises his bow, stepping back, he attempts to fire an arrow straight up and through the big half-orc's jaw. Unfortunately for the halfling, his hands were shaking too much, and the arrow falls to the floor having been improperly notched, "Heh!" He laughs nervously, "How about we forget I did that, eh? Umm, w-whatever she's paying you, we can double it!" He's obviously lying though, and while one hand is held out in a placatory gesture, you can easily see the other hand slowly reaching for what is surely a poisoned dagger. A scant second later, one of Umbru's bombs smashes on the floor in front of the murderous halfling, and fire once again licks at his body. This time, however, he is able to shield himself from the worst of it by hunkering down behind his heavy cape.

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Atk. Shortbow (Yaiho); Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
Dmg. Piercing; Point Blank Shot: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sense Motive (DC 4):
Bluff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Normally the saying goes 'you can trust him about as far as you can throw him', but in this case, you feel that it's definitely much less than that.

Meanwhile, Ulisha continues her story, taking great delight in pointing out how historically accurate her telling is.
____

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Ulisha (inspiring courage)
Yaiho ( )
Brock ( )
Danicka (mage armour, shield)
---------------------------
Round 3 - Bold may act
---------------------------
Forrest ( )
Umbrutani (cognatogen, shield)
Sinaryn ( )
---------------------------
Yellow (-18hp, dying, shaken 1/3)
Blue (-8hp)
---------------------------

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Ulisha is inspiring courage, +1 to hit and damage rolls for everyone

PENDING
None

The Exchange

Male Human Cavalier [Ghost Rider] - 1 | Init +1, Senses Perception +5 | | AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, ) | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0 | HP 12/12 | Hss HP 10/10 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Condition:

Chuckling at the ineptitude of the monk as she apparently kicked herself unconscious Brock resists the urge to pass his blade through her in sheer spite and hustles down the path to assist the barbarian with the halfling.

As he approaches he growls to the halfling, "You should have listened to Yaiho. The mess he turned the last seven foot Kellid barbarian into was an awe inspiring sight. Have you ever seen a humanoid hit so hard it literally turns into a fine mist?"

double move, swift to demoralize

Demoralize: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 1 Panache 4/4
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+4[/dice]
| HP: 12 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks

Forrest looks down at the dying assassin with contempt, then runs around her body. Surprisingly, he doesn't run after Brock and Yaiho but instead runs up to the edge of the cliff overlooking the assassin. He turns to Sin. "Don't worry. No way I'm going to jump. "

Liberty's Edge

CG Female Undine Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:0 , CMD:0 | F:3 R:6 W:3 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Grit 1: 2/3 | Hydrated Vitality: 2/2HP | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 8 | Craft: 5 | Perception: 7 | Sense Motive: 4 | Slight of Hand: 8

As Sin runs along the ledge she notices Forrest matching her stride. "And here I thought you were going to do a daring dive onto the enemy! Shooting them from up here is just as fun though." she adds as she gets in place and reloads.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Danicka readies a colour spray, just in case....

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.2 | AC 15 (T 9/FF 14) | CMB +8 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 17/17 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +2 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 14

"Wrong answer!" Yaiho says as he visibly goes into Rage Mode.

He then swings his earthbreaker down on the Halfling while following with a massive bite with his razortusk.

Earthbreaker vs Halfling: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 6) + 9 = 18

Razortusk (Secondary Attack) vs Halfling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Free Action: 5' Step
Free Action: Rage
Full-Round Action: 2 Attacks

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Hearing horrible screams, growls and wails of pain, Danicka lets out a squeal of alarm.

Oh, dear! Was that... Yaiho?

Slowly, and with great hesitation, Danicka creeps her way out of the cave and towards the path down the hill, not entirely sure she wants to see what's going on.

Be brave... Be brave!


Silverhex Chronicles

I forgot to say last time, I really like your use of a rage alias Yaiho. :)

As if the halfling wasn't worried enough, Brock comes charging down the hill and fills the assassin in on what is just about to happen to him. Meanwhile, Forrest and Sinaryn hustle to the edge of the cliff just in time to have a fine view of Yaiho in all his glory. The hammer comes down square on the top of the halfling's head, caving it in with a sickening *squelch*, killing him instantly. However, the raging orc is not done yet, and before the assassin flops to the ground Yaiho bites a big chunk out of his shoulder and neck, spraying the nearby hillside with arterial blood.

He's already dead with the first hit, so the second would technically still hit. ;)

Combat Over!!!

Ulisha doesn't go to see what happened to the second assassin, but she gets the gist and whistles appreciatively, "I'd offer to heal your wounds, but it looks like you don't need my help." She shakes her head in disbelief and heads back to the now dwindling campfire, "Trained assassins and they didn't leave even a single scratch on any of you! You truly are an impressive bunch." She threads her silver sickle back through her belt, inspects the now ruined squirrel with a sigh, and sits down, saying, "Well now, I believe I was promised a long story about meteors? I'll get the coffee on..."

The Exchange

Male Human Cavalier [Ghost Rider] - 1 | Init +1, Senses Perception +5 | | AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, ) | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0 | HP 12/12 | Hss HP 10/10 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Condition:

Brock deftly dodges the spray of halfling ... stuff... as the Raging barbarian does what he does best.

And he does it well

Shaking his head, he tisks at the corpse before chiding it "You should have listened little one." Barking our a cynical laugh, he moves to sheathe his longsword before stopping.

Frowning at the unbloodied blade, he sighs and finally sheathes it muttering, "I need to go back to working on my own, getting through a fight with assassins and I dont even get my sword wet. What a shame."

Moving back to the cave, he prepares to regale the Pathfinder with their tale, possibly elevating his prowess a bit if he can sneak it in.

Retro Edit

Stepping over the body of Danicka he snickers sardonicly and turns to Ulisha with an upraised eyebrow? "What happened? She have the vapors? I do wonder how she's survived this long."

Reaching the cave, he adds.

"Coffee? Got any ale? Or something harder?"

I like the rage alt too, might do that with my Skald, assuming he survives the encounter he is currently bleeding out in. I suspect that may be a TPK, however.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Eeeeeeek!" Danicka screams.

Seeing her dear friend Yaiho devour part of the poor halfling, her eyes roll up into her head and she faints, falling on the hillside in an undignified heap.

Liberty's Edge

CG Female Undine Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:0 , CMD:0 | F:3 R:6 W:3 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Grit 1: 2/3 | Hydrated Vitality: 2/2HP | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 8 | Craft: 5 | Perception: 7 | Sense Motive: 4 | Slight of Hand: 8

"What a show! That Yaiho is something else..." Sin says as she heads back glad she didn't get covered in whats left of the other assassin.

She sees Danicka faint and runs over to at least prop her head up.

She turns to Yaiho, "If she has traveled with you...you would think she is used to a little blood by now. Poor silly girl. Hand me a wet cloth." she sighs as she stretches a hand out to Ulisha.


Silverhex Chronicles

"Not a lot, but I think you earned a sip from my hip flask..." Ulisha says, glancing between Brock and Danicka, "Are you really going to leave her like that?" She asks as she produces a beat up old hip flask and hands it to Brock, "I get the feeling she doesn't like me very much, but it still seems kind of wrong. Does it happen often?" Ulisha watches as Sinaryn rushes over to Danicka with what is an expression of either curiosity or worry, "The fainting, I mean..."

The Exchange

Male Human Cavalier [Ghost Rider] - 1 | Init +1, Senses Perception +5 | | AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, ) | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0 | HP 12/12 | Hss HP 10/10 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Condition:

Brock accepts the flask with a greatful smile at and takes a pull.

Handing it back he grunts at Ulisha's question with a glance to the fainted wizardress, "Eh? Oh, I'm sure she'll be fine or the halfling will help her." seeing the gunslinger help her, he nods "she's always been squeamish about fighting but that's hee first fainting spell I've seen." with a grunt and his customary sardonic smile, he adds "Probably won't be the last, with this group. Assuming we didnt scare her straight to a convent."


Silverhex Chronicles

Woops, missed the last part of your post Sinaryn...

Ulisha nods at Brock and takes a swig of the flask herself, "Well, I better see what I can do, in any case..." She starts scrambling around her little camp and produces a clean-ish cloth, empties a little of her waterskin on it, and passes it to Sinaryn, "You sure she doesn't just need a swig of the good stuff instead?" She asks, proffering the flask.

Liberty's Edge

CG Female Undine Gunslinger (Pistolero) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:0 , CMD:0 | F:3 R:6 W:3 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Grit 1: 2/3 | Hydrated Vitality: 2/2HP | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 8 | Craft: 5 | Perception: 7 | Sense Motive: 4 | Slight of Hand: 8

"Aye, I would gladly take a swig but she would be wobbling for days." Sin can't help but laugh more at the thought of a drunken Danicka.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

That would be HORRIBLE. She'd probably turn into the biggest party girl, dance like Elaine, throw herself at some random guy, and wake up completely mortified in some strange location the next day, barely able to pick her head off the floor, wondering why she can't find her undergarments and who vomited in her shoe. Don't do it. I'd like to think one of you would save her from that outcome though...

The Exchange

Male Human Cavalier [Ghost Rider] - 1 | Init +1, Senses Perception +5 | | AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, ) | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0 | HP 12/12 | Hss HP 10/10 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Condition:

Now I have the thought of Danicka dancing like Elaine stuck in my head. Awesome! Annnnnnd, Brock might have a new goal to work on down time ;P

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.2 | AC 17 (T 11/FF 16) | CMB +6 CMD 17 (FF 16) | HP 15/15 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 (+2 Temp HP, -2 AC, +2 Hit/Dam, +2 Will) | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Yaiho lets his rage subside and then spits the halfling's blood out of his mouth. "Taste like chicken." He rips some of the halfling's cloths off to clean his face before rejoining the group.

"Yaiho surprise only 2 assassins." He takes his waterskin out and washes the blood out before spitting the water clear.

In another game, I saw someone else create an alt for his barbarian enraged and thought it was a cool idea so copied it. :P

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 1 Panache 4/4
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+4[/dice]
| HP: 12 | AC: 18 (15 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +6, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks

Further complements to the alt alias. Forgot to comment on it before.

Forrest sits down on the cliff, disappointed. "But... I was gonna... I was gonna jump ... " He walks back to the cave, frustrated. As he passes Danicka, he softens however. Pulling a small tin from his belt pouch, he opens it a crack and holds it under her nose. "My own special recipe, gunpowder and paprika. Gets 'em everytime. "

Definitely never expected an ally would be the reason I had to use Smelling Salts.

Dark Archive

Minatan Wayang NG Alchemist (Mindchemist) L1 | HP: 8/8 | AC:18(+4) T:15 FF:14(+4) | CMB:-2 CMD:11 | Saves F:1 R:6 W:0 | Init:+4 | Per:+6 | Spd: 20 | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: bombs 7/8, cognatogen 0/1, dissolution's child 1/1, light & dark 1/1 | Condition: cognatogen (10m), shield 91m)

Umbru sighs as he shakes his head. Yes, you indeed should have surrendered when facing a raging half-orc barbarian. He does pull the dead halfling's cloak to cover the mess that has remained as he looks up at Yaiho. "We would have to go back this way. Let's not subject Danicka to the sight."

He then goes over to the other assassin who is at least still alive, trying to find some ways to staunch her wounds. But he is unskilled in the healing arts, and fail to make any difference.
heal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Finally giving up, he gathers with the rest of the group.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Danicka jerks awake, coughing from the potent smell, and nearly banging heads with Forrest. She gasps a few times, trying to breathe, then settles, slowly calming down.

"Eww! What is that?" she mutters quietly, waving her hand back and forth in front of her nose.

Looking around, and realizing she's on the ground she looks confused for a moment. Suddenly her eyes widen and she blushes bright red.

Did I faint? Oh, no! How embarrassing! They'll never trust me now...

"I am SO s-s-sorry!" she stutters to Forrest.

---

At the sight of Yaiho, Danicka squeaks in terror, and scurries backwards with her head downturned and her eyes glued to the ground. She's clearly scared of her humanoid-devouring teammate. Fortunately she says nothing about it, instead staying quiet throughout the evening, and staying as far from Yaiho as possible.

---

After a while, Danicka excuses herself and tends to the bodies of the dead. Does someone have a shovel she can use? I can't recall.


Silverhex Chronicles

With everyone settled down, and the fire rekindled, Ulisha listens to Brock and the others with some interest as they recall the tales of their exploits over the last couple of months, "Murder, mind control, and a wonderful discovery! Well it sounds like you all have had quite some fun while I have been stuck here... Glad I didn't meet that Sarvio though! Murdering someone just to solve a stupid riddle. It's people like that who suck all the fun out of treasure hunting!"

After a little while Ulisha finally decides to bring up the subject of Silverhex. Reluctantly she pulls a sickle out of her belt, the fire reflecting off of it's brilliant silver blade, "I guess you're going to want to negotiate a price for this now, eh?" She starts to sound a little unsure for the first time since you met her, "I know I told your superiors that I'm willing to part with this beautiful artefact for a steal, but I'm not so sure anymore..." She says, looking at you apologetically, "If the Vessel Between are after me, I'm going to need every penny I can get just to stay alive. That guild has a reputation to keep, and there's no way they'll just leave me alone after this, not while I'm still breathing and have a contract on my head." She pauses, looking thoughtful for a moment, "What I need is some way to convince that stuck up toff, Anwald Tullivor, to call off the dogs. You lot must know your stuff if you did everything you say you did! Do you have you any ideas that might help me out. Hell, if you do, and you can get the guild to leave me alone, I'll give you Silverhex for free!"

401 to 450 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM ShieldBug's The Silverhex Chronicles Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.