I've never played a 'damsel' before. It's actually lots of fun. Haha.
Love it! She certainly is different than I've ever played with. I've had a few "we shouldn't just blow all the security guards cause they have families probably" teammates in Shadowrun, but nothing like Danicka.
I was trying to think of spell options she'd use, like ray of exhaustion/enfeeblement/sickening but those are all probably too mean, plus they'd just let me Forrest and Yaiho murderize them better.
Sleep and colorspray I guess, maybe some Charm or something?
I am quite interested to see where you go with her, should be great. Especially in our rather... morally ambivalent... group.
It's going to be interesting! lol
With merciful spell she can still have damaging options, so that's nice. Definitely sleep.
I think charm might also be too edgy, for her. Messing with people's feelings is 'so MEAN!' lol For her, anyway.
Because everything she can use as non-lethal combat options need to be prepped with her meta magic feat or rely on a saving throw, she'll have to rely on scrolls for her more utilitarian spells--like shield and mage armour and things.
Anyway, I'm excited to see how it goes. And how she grows.
I like her more than Lawmaster Malora, hehe. Malora would probably have had us arrested by now.
Alchemist was the class I fell in love with when I started Pathfinder actually. In homebrew I had a Goblin Grenadier (Sadly, they are a unicorn of a boon to play PFS) that was a ton of fun and then another Elf Master Chymist which let me role play two very different personalities.
Hey, Malora is awesome! I can't wait until she tries to arrest someone. And they resist. And I finally get to pass judgement on a lawbreaker! Hahaha. (Life goals.)
Those are actually my two hardest characters to get along with. You lucky person!
- Did defeating the Razmiran Priest count as: 'Defeat a divine spellcaster whose patron is an evil deity and whose CR is at least equal to your character level.'
- Did freeing the people from the Razmiran's priest control count as: 'In the course of an adventure, purify a corrupted object or location, or remove an evil force that is possessing or otherwise controlling a creature.'
- Did Danicka saving or sparing any of the people she saved or spared/convinced the others to spare throughout these quests count as: 'Accept the surrender of an enemy combatant (other than an evil outsider or an undead creature), and ensure his fair treatment until he can safely be released, ransomed, or delivered to authorities for justice. Alternatively, allow such an enemy combatant with no means of escape to flee without further harm.
Did any count?
There are two questions I wanted to ask y'all:
1) Before I go about finding a sixth member of our party, do any of you have someone in mind who you know or have enjoyed playing with in the past who you think will fit in well with this group? If you do, either contact them and let me know if they are interested, or just send me a message with their username. ;)
2) This series will likely end over the weekend, but with Christmas, Birthdays, and Anniversaries all crowded within a week or two of each other, I wasn't planning on doing much in the way of posting between 20th of December and the 1st of January. With time needed to prep and recruit, would y'all mind if we start the next scenario on the 1st or 2nd of January?
1) Hmm... I can't think of anybody at the moment.
2) Jan. 1st or 2nd is fine with me. All of the games I am involved in look like they will be on hiatus during the second half of December.
1. I would recommend reaching out to "Massee" if you're looking for someone in particular. He is another heavy RP player with a high posting rate who would fit in here splendidly.
2. Phew, I was hoping we would take a little break. That sounds great.
1. If Massee doesn't want to join I can put out feelers as well.
2. The break is fine with me. Jan it is!.
1) I'm still new to PFS and pbp, so nope! I don't have any suggestions.
2) Yup, that's fine with me.
I'm guessing a shovel will be high on Danicka's shopping list after this scenario then. ;)
Thanks everybody, January it is! I have absolutely loved playing with Massee in the past, but unfortunately they have played in a lot of the early scenarios and won't be able to join us. If you have anyone in mind, Sinaryn, then by all means put out the feelers. If not, I can just go to the lodge. :)
It appears that we may be racing for a key together Shieldbug.
Hopefully this group can keep up with the pace, my soulscar group got probably 80% of oue encounters cut short, and even missed a few entirely.
I will be at your table as well! With my melee cleric, Lumo.
I can't wait to have a higher tiered character, haha. Tier 1-2 fill up super quick. Y'all get to play with Kahwen/Ebonfist too! I have ended up at a few tables with em.
Don't forget that Umbru will be GM as well! They're awesome, and I've played with one or two of the other players on that table as well, it looks like we're in for an great special. :)
An update will be slower this morning because my internet connection has decided to play up. It has taken ages just to post this. :(
I am reminded of one of my other groups where we had an important diplomacy check.
My bard, the sorceress, and the cleric all failed and, naturally, our no CHA fighter drops a nat 20 and saves our bacon.
The eccentricities of low level skill checks.
Thank you every one for a fantastic game! I had so much fun on this one with y'all, and I look forward to the long campaign with those of you who are taking part. This session has been reported and here are your Chronicle Sheets, please let me know if there are any issues.
Any feedback on my GM skills is always appreciated, so if there was anything you particularly liked or disliked, just drop me a PM and I'll try to do more or less of it in the future. ;)
I'll post the conclusion to the gameplay thread sometime tomorrow, until then, have fun! :)
Thanks, GM! That was a great game!
And oops, I forgot to roll for my dayjob earlier. Can I still do it?
dayjob, craft(alchemy), alchemy, crafter's fortune: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 + 5 = 29
Hmm, just for the heck of it, I'm going to use my GM reroll. :)
dayjob, craft(alchemy), alchemy, crafter's fortune, GM Star: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 + 5 + 1 = 31
I had a blast, guys! Thanks for a great game!
Definitely my favorite session so far. Gave me lots of inspiration and examples for when I try my hand at GM'ing on PbP. Looking forward to the further journeys.
All thr same, great game, great group, great GM.
Super excited that we get to continue the journey
Thanks Danicka! I'm trusting y'all to fill out your chronicle sheets accurately gold-wise. However, since we're going to be playing together for a while, it'll be quite nice if y'all let me know what purchases you make when you make them (major purchases at the very least,) just so that I don't get caught out in the middle of a scenario. ;)
Okay then, I think I'll leave this campaign active for a day or two just in case, and I'll PM y'all once I have opened the new official long campaign thread. :)
I'm debating on purchasing a MW Agile Breastplate or not. Will increase my AC by 1 and lower the ACP for Climb and Acrobatics greatly. But would mean longer for me to get the 2k gold I will need to enchant my earthbreaker.
I'm looking forward to many adventures with this group! Shieldbug, thank you for making the investment! This will be fun.
Yaiho, with how much your climb and armor have come in handy, that's not a bad call... Maybe compromise and don't get the Agile enchantment?
The Agile Breastplate doesn't have the Agile enchantment. It is normal armor found in the Ultimate Equipment book. Cost 400gp, gives +6 Armor, +3 Max Dex, -4 ACP (Only -1 ACP with Climb/Jump which Masterwork would negate.)
Ahhhhhhhhhh I forgot that existed! For 400 GP, that won't set you back to far. Worth it, I'd say.
Okay. Bought a Masterwork Agile Breastplate for 550 gp. Already added to my Tracking Sheet.
Boost my AC by 1, gives a +1 total mod to Jump and changes my Climb from +1 to +5. :P And opens it up for enchantments later on.