Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

[PFS] GM Rinaldo's Frozen Fingers of Midnight

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

| Maps and Images |


51 to 100 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Yeah, that's not really going to work for me," Ayla replies, nimbly stepping around the guards. "Places to go, people to save, you know how it is, yeah? I'll just go the back way then. Maybe break in through a window. See ya'!"

Ayla then turns and starts to walk around the house, clearly about to get up to some mischief.

Ayla is trying to trick the guards into chasing her off the grounds, preferably leaving the doors unguarded. If they don't follow her, she really will break an window and climb in through there. So... kind of a bluff check, but also the truth. lol

Bluff to try to trick them away from the front doors.: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

Krennel Slowly walks toward the steps, unstrapping his battle ax. "We will be on our way. I had hoped to meet this warrior and have him assess the strength of my weapon. Perhaps you could take it in for me. Well, that is if you aren't busy chasing the gnome over there." Leaning in conspiratorially with a hand to his mouth, "Between you and me, she's not right in the head. A few muffins short of a basket as my mom would say."

Bluff (aid): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

The Exchange

LN Dwarf HP: 25/25 | F: 6 R 5 W 7 (+3 vs spells and poisons) | AC 19 T: 12 FF: 17 CMD 17 | Per + 9 SM + 9 | Init + 2

Geico nods appreciatively at the gambit of Ayla and stays out of the way.


Level 50 GM
Geico All-Hearth wrote:
Geico nods appreciatively at the gambit of Ayla and stays out of the way.

We'll call that a "delay", then. Egg, anything from you before you see how the guards respond?

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg shakes his head, thinking, We should attack...never give enemy first strike...but since his companions are not, he'll delay until he sees the actions of the 'guards'...


Level 50 GM

"Hey, get back here you <expletive> gnome!"

As Ayla runs off, one of the guards runs after her, while the other stands by the door, watching the others.

Combat Order:

D Geico
D Egg

----
Krennel
Ayla
----
Blue
----
Barbo
Lilianna

----
Red

Barbo and Lilianna are up! Geico and Egg can come off delay if they wish.

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

I don't suppose the guard provoked an AoO?

Just in case AoO:

Battle Ax: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 171d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/5 |

Barbo laughs as the gnome runs around the corner. "Well, I guess we're committed to acting like fools. " He begins to move his fingers in arcane motions.

Suddenly, he points to the right side of the house. " Look! Our dastardly gnome companion! She ran around the house! "

To the right, you can see Ayla peeking around the corner, then breaking into a window!

Will Save, DC 17:

Wait a minute... That's not Ayla! And that window isn't broken either! That's an illusion!!

The Exchange

LN Dwarf HP: 25/25 | F: 6 R 5 W 7 (+3 vs spells and poisons) | AC 19 T: 12 FF: 17 CMD 17 | Per + 9 SM + 9 | Init + 2

Geico hustles forward while moving with a pick drawn and tries to spike it in the guards head!

Pick Charge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Level 50 GM

Barbo: I need to know what actual spell you are casting, and on whom.
Krennel: He had room to give you a wide berth, so no AoO.

As one guard chases after Ayla, Geico runs up the stairs and stabs at the other, but his pick glances off the Ulfen's chain shirt. Even flat-footed, that didn't quite hit.

Lilianna and Egg have actions!

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 7/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

So much for a peaceful resolution! For all the talking they did, they sure seem eager to get in a fight. Lilianna draws her wand and grants a gentle, warm glow to her companions. They feel as though someone were watching over them, keeping them safe and guiding their weapons. "May Sarenrae help you strike true!"
________
Bless on everyone, +1 attack/saves vs fear

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/5 |
GM Rinaldo wrote:
Barbo: I need to know what actual spell you are casting, and on whom.

Silent image. It doesn't target anyone specifically, but anyone who sees the image has an opportunity to disbelieve it if it is "interacted with".

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

I knew we should strike first! Egg will move 5' north and fire off a couple of arrows at the guard by the door...

MW Composite Longbow (+8/+1), Flurry of Blows (-2/0), Point Blank Shot (+1/+1), Bless (+1/0), Precise Shot (no fire into melee penalty), Deadeye Bowman (no soft cover bonus for target)

Longbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Longbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Level 50 GM
Barbo Beezle wrote:
GM Rinaldo wrote:
Barbo: I need to know what actual spell you are casting, and on whom.
Silent image. It doesn't target anyone specifically, but anyone who sees the image has an opportunity to disbelieve it if it is "interacted with".

I'm afraid I'm not quite getting what the image was then ... did you make a duplicate of Ayla going in a different direction? That might confuse them slightly, but isn't very believable ... am I misunderstanding what you are trying to do?

-------------

Egg fires off a pair of arrows at the guard by the door; the first misses, but the second hits the guard solidly just above his armor and drops him.

Red guard is unconscious, so on his turn he simply rolls to stabilize.
Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Success

Krennel an Ayla are up. After their actions I'll be awaiting clarification from Barbo on the illusion before determining Blue's action.

Combat Order:

Krennel
Ayla

----
Blue
----
Geico
Barbo
Lilianna
Egg
----
Red (unconscious)

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/5 |
GM Rinaldo wrote:


...did you make a duplicate of Ayla going in a different direction? That might confuse them slightly, but isn't very believable ...

You're correct, that's pretty much what I was going for. The intention was to distract or draw away the red guard. But he's unconscious now so I'll stop concentrating on the illusion and dismiss it on my next round.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

Ayla waggles her butt at the enemy, taunting him, then rolls wildly out of his reach.

Acrobatics to move away from the guards threatened space without provoking: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Once out of his reach she scampers off around the corner. Using the rest of her move action, and a second move action to draw him away from the front of the building. NOTE: I counted the bush as difficult terrain.


Level 50 GM
Barbo Beezle wrote:
You're correct, that's pretty much what I was going for. The intention was to distract or draw away the red guard. But he's unconscious now so I'll stop concentrating on the illusion and dismiss it on my next round.

Got it. That would definitely have confused him if he'd still been there on his turn. A self-replicating gnome! AAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Ayla Vivindor wrote:

Ayla waggles her butt at the enemy, taunting him, then rolls wildly out of his reach.

[dice=Acrobatics to move away from the guards threatened space without provoking]1d20+7
Once out of his reach she scampers off around the corner. Using the rest of her move action, and a second move action to draw him away from the front of the building. NOTE: I counted the bush as difficult terrain.

Your Acrobatics check was awesome, but you do realize you could have achieved the same result with a Withdraw action, without the risk of rolling poorly, right? :-)

Ayla taunts the poor guard as she continues to draw him away. The building is roughly square, and Ayla can see that there are first and second story windows on this side, but they are all closed and shuttered.

Krennel is up!

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

The orc comes up behind the guard chasing Ayla and swings at his back.

Not honorable, but then again, I'm no Eagle Knight!

Battle Ax: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 171d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

Pfft! Withdraw is way less flashy! lol


Level 50 GM

Krennel chases the guard chasing Ayla and brings his axe down, cutting into the man's armor and wounding him severely.

The Ulfen roars, his eyes glazed over, as he turns to face Krennel. He brings his own axe down across the half-orc's chest, giving nearly as good as he got. However, the exertion of the attack appears to have been too much, as the man crumples to the ground.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Krennel staggered the fellow, then took 5 damage for his trouble. The guard knocked himself out with the attack, so combat is over!

How do you wish to proceed? That went pretty quick, so most likely nobody heard the commotion, either inside the manor or on the street. You have two unconscious ulfens.

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 7/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

Lilianna rushes over to the unconscious Ulfen on the stairs and begins dragging him to the other. "Let's stop the bleeding, bind them together, and tuck them away. We don't know enough about them to turn them in to the guards or anything, backwards uniform or not. I pray nothing darker is going on inside."

Once the Ulfens have been dealt with, she draws her wand and heals Krennel. "Doesn't look too deep. Won't even leave a scar, unless you really pick at it..." she mutters as she works her magic.
________

Rolls:

CLW vs Krennel: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg shakes his head. "Why we not attack when we know they bad men? We strike first, Krennel may no get hurt..."

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

"Who says they're bad?" Ayla asks. "Troublesome, sure. But I've been stopped from getting into a lot of places, ain't I? Don't mean those folks were bad! And, I mean, who DOESN'T put their clothes on backwards now and then, yeah?"

Ayla wanders up to the front door and checks if it's locked. "Don't worry," she tells the unconscious guards. "I'll let myself in!"


Level 50 GM

Both Ulfens appear to be stable, though they won't be waking up of their own accord for some time. It is fairly easy work to bind them and place them along the stone fence where they won't be visible from the outside.

Lilliana's wand almost completely erases the wound across Krennel's chest, leaving him a small reminder of his adversary.

The front door is locked.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

Ayla cracks her fingers and smiles widely. She whips out her thieves tools and sets to work on picking the lock, clearly not caring that the unconscious guards might gave the key.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Ahahahaha. Smooth.

"Hey, what's wrong with this stupid thing? Open up!" Ayla scolds the door.


Level 50 GM

Ayla attempts to open the door, but in her hurry pulls out a set of spaghetti noodles instead of her lockpicks, with predictable results.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/5 |

Barbo snaps out of focus as Krennel's axe falls. At the same time, the moving picture of Ayla disappears, like it never existed. Barbo quickly helps maneuver the guards into a better position. Holding his back, he slowly stands up. "Ayla, the door is locked? Does anybody know their way around locks? " He chuckles. "If not, it may be time for Ayla's skills to shine! There appear to be many windows to choose from. "

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

"Auww, shucks," Ayla exclaims. "Where'd these come from?!? She puts the dry spaghetti noodles in her mouth and chomps on them, then rifles through her bag for proper tools. "Aha!" she exclaims.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 7/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

"While I don't agree with the speed of his judgement on their morality, I agree with Egg. If we aren't going to attempt to speak with ruffians, we need to strike them quickly. To be clear, I'd rather try to settle disputes with words first, but there is merit to striking hostiles before they strike us," she decides.

Seeing Ayla fumble with the lock, Lilianna searches the guards for a key. She also takes any other items of note. Naturally, as soon as she returns, Ayla has deftly popped the lock open. Every time... "Nice work there!"
________
Added a little edit towards the end :)

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

"Many thanks Lilianna. That hurt more than I care to admit."


Level 50 GM

Just as Lilianna retrieves a likely-looking key from the guards, she finds that Ayla has switched to more appropriate tools and the door is now open.

Peeking inside, you see a nicely appointed entry hall, with the usual assortment of salons, libraries, and the like along the sides, and stairs leading upward.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

Ayla bows proudly to her comrades. "Thank you, thank you. No need to applaud!" Then she leads the way inside the manor.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

The Exchange

LN Dwarf HP: 25/25 | F: 6 R 5 W 7 (+3 vs spells and poisons) | AC 19 T: 12 FF: 17 CMD 17 | Per + 9 SM + 9 | Init + 2

Geico shrugs Something felt a little off and Ayla basically forced our hand - besides they said he was consigning himself to death. Anyone who can keep up with Venture-Captain Hestram in the sparring ring wouldn't go down like that. Let's hurry and see what's happening

And with that the golden-lade Dwarf leads the way into the manse.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/5 |

Barbo nods, then laughs as they cross the threshold. "Geico, you may want to sell Skelg some insurance. It appears his home security is lacking. "

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 7/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

Following the others inside, she looks around. "I'm torn. We should probably head straight for Skelg, but I can't imagine there would be only two of those people guarding a place this big..."
________

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg enters the house with bow drawn...he'll survey the area for foes...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

If he sees nothing to be alarmed about, he'll turn to his companions. "I check upstair...since he be sick, he in bed..."

He tries to quietly sneak upstairs and look for Skelg...

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

"Whoah, would ya' look at the finery in this place!" Ayla announces as she wanders around the main floor's finely appointed room.

Appraise to see if the furnishings and valuable are as nice as they look: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Perception on the main floor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Level 50 GM
Ayla Vivindor wrote:
[dice=Appraise to see if the furnishings and valuable are as nice as they look]1d20+5

They are.

As the group steps warily into the house, Anya notes that everything about the place is genuine - there is no gold paint or artificial anything there. The ground floor appears mostly deserted.

As Egg moves upstairs, he notices that only one door is closed. Moving closer, he thinks he can hear a faint moaning, and he can feel heat coming off of the door.

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

Krennel follows the archer up the stairs.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Do you hear that? More important, do you feel the heat? Only a fire can throw that much heat off through a closed door!" Krennel wraps a handkerchief around his and and opens the door.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

Ayla covetously eyes the furnishings and valuables as she wanders around, loudly exclaiming about how much each object costs and what its made of before rushing off to ogle the next bit of easily pilfer-able wealth.

Luckily, she recalls who she's hanging out with today and resists the urge to rob old Skelg the Ripper blind.

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg enters the room. "Master Skelg?"

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 7/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

Silently, Lilianna follows as well. As she scales the stairs, she worries at her holy symbol, stroking the wings nervously. Never a good sign...
________
In an alternative dimension, we loot the place, flee Absalom, and retire! XD


Level 50 GM

Entering the master bedroom you are greeted by a blast of heat. A roaring fire blazes in the fireplace even though the day is swelteringly hot. A huge bearded man shivers under his blankets, his bed pushed dangerously close to the fire. A thin servant sits in the far corner by a window, fanning himself with a handkerchief. The bearded man looks at you and blinks a few times, then speaks through chattering teeth. “Are y-you the P-path-f-finders?”

Upon hearing your affirmative, he tries to say more, but can't get anything through his shivers. The servant, Tyros, tells you, "A week ago, Skelg caught his rival Bengeirr’s men in his basement vault, mistaking them for common thieves. One of the intruders had lit a lantern he found in the vault. When the light from the lantern struck Skelg, he began to freeze. When the light shone on a tapestry hanging on a wall in the hallway outside of the vault, a shimmering doorway appeared, frightening the intruders enough to flee the manor. With Skelg in a weakened state from the immediate effect of the cold, the thieves easily escaped him and fled with the lantern and other valuables from inside the vault.

After the raid, one of our men, a fellow named Tirfyr, walked into the portal on the tapestry to investigate. He returned a moment later saying that it led to a ship encased in ice. He went back to investigate further, but after half an hour, the portal disappeared, trapping poor Tirfyr on the other side.

Two days ago, Bengeirr’s men returned with Bengeirr himself and killed Skelg’s guards. Bengeirr spat on Skelg, snarling, “Now you’ll die in bed like an old woman.” He left his guards to prevent anyone from saving Skelg and tossed the corpses of Skelg’s other guards and servants into the vault in the basement. In his current state, Skelg was unable to do anything to defend himself. He wrote a cryptic letter to his friend Adril. I tied it to a rock and threw it out the window and over the wall as a neighbor child passed by, hoping he would deliver the letter and not just take the two coppers I had wrapped in it."

Tyros looks at you with a worried expression, while Skelg just lies there, shivering.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/5 |
Lilianna Thraller wrote:


________
In an alternative dimension, we loot the place, flee Absalom, and retire! XD

annnnnnd that's why we aren't allowed evil characters. Ha!

Barbo steps into the toasty room and addresses the servant. " This lantern. It was a magical item which Skelg found on his journeys, yes? Do you know anything about it? "

He listens carefully, then continues. " And do you know of any way to reopen this portal? "

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg frowns, looking at his companions. "We get lantern from bad men, make Master Skelg better. Maybe best we take look at tapestry? Find way in portal?"

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 0/1, Ghost Sound: 0/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Sunrod

Alternate dimension? I think you mean Ayla's days off...

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

"Well Tyros, the guards have been taken care of, so you should alert the authorities. We will seek out the thieves and the lantern. I don't suppose you saw which way they went?"

If all this is true, why wouldn't the Venture Captain come himself?
This is serious.

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 7/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

"I am so sorry to hear about this Sir," Lilianna says, deeply concerned. "We will find your missing items and hopefully a way to lift the cloying cold from your bones. May the sun warm your skin again." Nobody should be deprived of the sun's sacred love.

"Good idea Egg, let's check this basement out." She turns to the servant. "Is the door locked or can we just walk right in? As Barbo here said already, do you know of a way to reopen the portal?"
________

Rolls:

Sense Motive vs Servant: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Is he lying about anything? Don't want to be ordered around by one of Bengeirr's men!


Level 50 GM
Krennel Halfstool wrote:
[i]If all this is true, why wouldn't the Venture Captain come himself?

Just to be clear, the note Adril Hestram received was very brief. It mentioned that Skelg was freezing from some curse, and he was asking for help.

Tyros leads you to the basement stairs to show you the Trophy Room.

"Bengeirr and his men took most of the valuable items from Skelg's hoard, including the lantern. If anything would open the portal again, it would be the lantern."

He shows you the room, which is now mostly bare. Tyros points to the tapestry. "The tapestry originally depicted a meadow scene with shepherd and flock. Since the lantern shined on it, it depicts an Ulfen longship on a rolling sea, mostly encased in an iceberg. Skelg says it resembles the funerary ship of his old enemy, Jarl Haldyr Bjornsson. Most of the items in the vault came from Skelg's raid on Bjornsson's funeral ship. Skelg took the lantern from the bow of the ship, along with most of the funeral offerings. He left the ship with Haldyr’s wife, an Irrisen woman named Natalya who had been set adrift on the ship to die alongside her husband, as is the Ulfen custom."

DC 15 Perception:
A large lantern ring hangs from the mouth of the dragon figurehead in the tapestry, but no lantern hangs there.

Krennel Halfstool wrote:
"I don't suppose you saw which way they went?"

"You took out the guards he left behind ... if they still live, they might know where Bengeirr is staying."

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg studies the tapestry...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Look. Tapestry show dragon figurehead have lantern ring...but no lantern..."

51 to 100 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rinaldo's Frozen Fingers of Midnight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.