Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Rinaldo's Frozen Fingers of Midnight

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

| Maps and Images |


1 to 50 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Level 50 GM

You have been called to the Grand Lodge of Absalom for a briefing. Seated in a small chamber around a darkwood table, various trophies gathered from across the face of Golarion hang from the walls. A monkey-shaped mask with a serpent’s tongue glares out from the center of one wall, a strange halberd with gold rings piercing its thick blade and dragons carved along its haft hangs opposite the monkey mask. You are alone save your fellow Pathfinders, who apparently have been called here for the same purpose.

Character introduction time!

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

A middling sized man from the East, enters with a longbow slung over his shoulder, pushes the hood back revealing a very bald head. He shyly surveys the room and his soon to be companions...and bows. "I am Egg..." He then finds a chair in which to sit.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo Beezle, an elderly Samsaran wizard, is running through the sewers. Don't I have somewhere to be? Ah, these old bones can only run so fast!

Barbo is finishing up a game at the moment, but will be along within a few days. If we do want to start early, I can choose one of my other characters. Or, perhaps he can just be late to the briefing.


Level 50 GM
Barbo Beezle wrote:

Barbo Beezle, an elderly Samsaran wizard, is running through the sewers. Don't I have somewhere to be? Ah, these old bones can only run so fast!

Barbo is finishing up a game at the moment, but will be along within a few days. If we do want to start early, I can choose one of my other characters. Or, perhaps he can just be late to the briefing.

No worries, I expected that might be the case when I opened up the thread ahead of schedule. Just post when you are finished with the other game and have had time to make between-session purchases and changes.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

A chipper little red-headed gnome sits in a chair, swinging her dangling feet back and forth. A bright, enthusiastic smile takes up most of her face, and her too-big eyes are bright blue and twinkling.

"Hiya, Egg! Nice to meet ya'!" she exclaims happily, speaking quite fast. "I can't wait to get going! Ya' know this is my first adventure? Well, not my first adventure at all, but my first sanctioned adventure! Man, that training took a LIFETIME! I mean, four years? It's agony, agony, agony to be out of the discovery game for that long!"

Ayla continues to ramble on without pausing for breath.

"You know what I mean? Of course you do--you're a wise fellow, I can see that! And you're not from around here, are ya'? Don't think you can fool me! No, siree! Ayla Vivendor let's NOTHING pass her by! Not wind, not words, not time! So you're from the East, good with a bow, shy-- Oh! there's no need to be shy ya' big fella' I ain't gonna bite ya'! Gnomes don't eat people, hon, although come to think of it, if ya' get a real creative gnomish chef you never know what they might toss in there! I suppose I can't tell ya' what I've eaten in my lifetime, really."

Suddenly her hand flies to her mouth and her eyes widen. "Oh, listen to me, rambling on! Why you didn't even get a word in edgewise! How rude of me, you want a chance to speak, don't ya'?" Without pausing to hear what Egg has to say Ayla continues her rapid prattling. "Of course ya' do! You're a clever fellow, ain't ya'? Plenty going on it that big old head of your, eh? Plenty to know, plenty to share."

"Wow, this is taking forever! How long has it been, an hour? Ah, jeez! A minute! Blasted time always dragging along, eh?"

Ayla pauses her rambling to take a deep breath.

The Exchange

LN Dwarf HP: 25/25 | F: 6 R 5 W 7 (+3 vs spells and poisons) | AC 19 T: 12 FF: 17 CMD 17 | Per + 9 SM + 9 | Init + 2

A well dressed ball of muscle, vim and vigor bounds into the room with the proud golden abacus of the Church of Abadar pinned to his chest and an armful of pamphlets that read Mutual Insurance and You - because when your basement is haunted and a Pathfinder sets it ablaze, it will be too late or Pathfinder Insurance - how just two silver a day keeps disease at bay

His long ginger beard is in a single braid and his clothing is a set of green and golden tartans that you might expect from a certain class of Drumish dwarves.

Before examining his fellow pathfinders he instead views the glaive and the masks and tries to ballpark a value for each of these things - his pitch to insure this room was certain to include them.

Greetings my fellow Pathfinders. My name is Geico All-Hearth, Abadaran insurance adjustor and Pathfinder extraordinaire he will hand Egg and Ayla and Barbo each a copy of the Pathfinder Insurance pamphlet Could I interest any of of you in Pathfinder Insurance? For the low, low price of just 1 silver piece per day paid in escrow to the Church of Abadar you purchase my healing services - otherwise my magic is better spent in other ways.

He will wait a beat and regardless of whether his fellows accept his offer he will continue In addition to my services as a master of the insurance laws of all the various nations and international spaces of Golarion, I am a keen hand with all the traditional dwarven weapons - battleaxes, picks, warhammers, I have applied knowledge on all the various beasties of the world, and I of course dabble in Divine Magic. I am just an all around useful to have around resource and it is my pleasure to be helping the team toward accomplishing its goals and becoming world famous in the Pathfinder Chronicles - which I have several copies of my previous work here. The latest issue details my journey into Irrisen where I narrowly avoided being eaten by Winter Wolves, saved a princess and helped identify her as a sage (and sold her an insurance policy on her entire palace, though they left that out of the published report), and did some keen work on identifying the whereabouts of some missing artefacts. But hopefully we top that one here today, eh?

He smiles and pays the gnome on the head. he had known her sort to be useful and merely humored her mile a minute speech trampling over his carefully worded sortie.

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg flashes a friendly grin at Ayla but has a hard time keeping up with her words...and he fails to comprehend Geico's talk of insurance. He muses, Much more talking, here in the west...

Thinking more words are required from him, he blurts out awkwardly, "I...am Egg..."

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

A women with silvery blonde hair and lightly tanned skin stares with wide eyes as the deluge of language floods her ears. They are going to be quite the pair, may the Dawnflower prevent any argument between them... When a pause finally arises, she seizes it.

"I am Lilianna Thraller, I hail from Osirion and am especially blessed in my abilities to purge the taint of undead from these lands," she says proudly. Clearly a cleric of Sarenrae, her angelic ankh hangs by her side. Her clothing is designed for warm weather and consists of flowing blue and gold cloth that envelopes her lean build.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all," smiling warmly. "I won't be needing a pamphlet, thank you," raising both her hands in response to Geico's handout.

Let's give this poor guy a lifeline... "Egg, please, tell us where you are from! Perhaps you have some talents that earned your position with this team? That bow looks very well made!" Please speak before the others, please speak, please speak.
________
Any wands or other consumables for me to hold on to?

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Whoah! Insurance adjustor? That sounds pretty swanky! You got a card or something--whoah! Hey, a pamphlet! Man I love pamphlets! They just seem so professional, ya' know! Man, I should make myself a pamphlet, eh, Egg? What do ya' think? Would it make me seem more respectable?"

"Yeah, of course! I'll pay you 1 sp a day for your services, and you can pay 1 sp a day for my services. Why, you might not know it but you happen to be looking at a master trap smith, locksmith and all around sneaky gnome! You might want to pay soon--otherwise MY services might be better spent in other ways!" Ayla smiles cheekily at Geico.

"Whaddya' say, pal? Do we have a-- Whoah! You're published in the Pathfinder Chronicles already? That's amazing! This is going to be my first mission! I'm going to get published soon, though, I just KNOW IT!"

"Hey, did I tell you I'm an author? I'm not published for my real-life exploits yet, but I am a published adventure novelist! Here, here! Take a copy!"

Ayla digs around in her bag a produces a few professional looking novels and passes them out to everyone here. They're entitled Ada Mantine and the Longboat of Doom. "Read it, read it! You'll love it, I swear!"

She waits a whopping four seconds before asking "Well, whaddya' think? Pretty swanky, huh? Want me to sign it for you?"

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Wow, another religious type, hey? I've never really understood religion, myself. They're so consistent, ya' know? Yeah, of course you know! You're a religious type! Some people like that, though, I hear. Not everyone can be as flexible as we gnomes are."

"Yeah, Egg, you a good archer or what?" Ayla waits only long enough to take a breath before continuing "I've never been one for bows myself, but then I've always favoured the crossbow. Something about that click it makes, ya' know? Yeah, you know. You're more of a twang fellow than a click fellow, clearly. Or you wouldn't have a bow."

"Speaking of bows, I've been thinking of getting one. A big yellow one, right here," she point at the hair on the top of her head. "Right there up on the top of my head! Not a bow, like a weapon, of course, but a bow bow. Ya' know? Like a ribbon? Whaddya' think?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg nods at Lilianna and rises. "I from Tian Xia...student of Master Chung for many year. He said Pathfinder good for Egg...I get on boat for Absalom. Master Chung say no good to brag on skill...he say action speak louder than word...I show Venture-Captain skill with bow...he put me on four missions now. " He bows and sits back down.

The Exchange

LN Dwarf HP: 25/25 | F: 6 R 5 W 7 (+3 vs spells and poisons) | AC 19 T: 12 FF: 17 CMD 17 | Per + 9 SM + 9 | Init + 2

The dwarf grins at Ayla " sure thing miss - that all comes down the 2 copper piece surcharge on the Church of Abadar overseeing this trade and all will be well."

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

A older blue-skinned man bursts through the door, smelling of filth and looking like he's slept on the streets for a few days. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I hate being late to a party!" Seeing the looks he is getting, he looks down and realizes his purple robes are covered in sewage. "Just a moment." He smiles awkwardly and backs out the door. You hear the mumble of some arcane words and suddenly he is back, perfectly clean.

"Hello! My name is Barbo Beezle, wizard extraordinaire! I am here for our mission! I hope I haven't missed the briefing?"

After calming down and getting introduced, he speaks to Geico and Lilianna. "You are both religious! How wonderful! I am deeply curious about religion. Please, a pamphlet! Yes, thank you! I will be sure to study this!" As he bends over to accept the pamphlet you see his hair...move. Once you look closer it is apparent that his platinum blonde hair is nothing more than a wig! He casually adjusts it back into place. At this point he bows deeply to Ayla, which knocks the wig out of place once again. "If you don't mind me saying so, I think a bow would look lovely in your hair, young lady."

"Babe! C'mon in, darlin!" A small pot bellied pig comes in and nuzzles up next to Barbo's leg. Barbo and Babe walk over and take a seat besides Egg. "So, the strong silent type, huh? I tried that once. Ended up getting me knocked out. Now I stick to weak and chatty."

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Whoah! You sure do stink, fella! Oh! Now you don't! That's a handy trick, hey? I bet you're a clever type, a spell caster of some such! Ah, of course ya' are! You just cast something!"

"A wizard, hey? That's right useful! Nice to meet ya', Barbo Beezle!"

Ayla smile happily at the fellows compliments. "Right?!" she exclaims happily. "It'll look smashing! Whoah! You've got a pig? You know I knew a farmer once who..." Ayla chatters on for a few minutes about farmers, farming, and an unfortunate incident involving a pig, an apple pie, two teenage boys, thirteen wooden nails, and a gnomish inventor. "And that's why ya' never use a pickle!" she finishes.

No one's quite sure what the point of the story was...

"Two coppers? What?" Ayla asks Geico, apparently having forgotten about their half-forged deal. "What are you talking about? You know I once escaped a prison with two coppers and an eggshell! Now that's a tale!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

A well dressed half-orc enters the room. His leather armor is clean, with a slight scent of lemon emanating from it. "Well met one and all. It looks very much like this is the place I am supposed to be. My name is Krennel Halfstool, of the Almas Halfstools from Andoran's beautiful capital. I say, I hope I haven't missed the briefing yet." He catches a whiff of the samsaran and pulls out a handkerchief. Covering his nose, "Well...this mission must be more important than I thought as some of us were ...in more of a hurry than others." With that, the alchemist sits as far from Barbo as possible.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Nice to meet ya', Krennel! Halfstools, hey? Are they fruit mongers? Cause you smell like lemons. In a delicious kind of way. Did you know? Ahhh, of course you know. You're a clever guy, too, ain't ya'?" She gives another deep sniff and smiles. "Man, I'm gonna have to work hard to remember not to lick you. Though, I bet you don't taste as good as you smell. You know? Yeah, of course you know! You probably lick yourself all the time! I mean, who doesn't! Right?"

The Exchange

LN Dwarf HP: 25/25 | F: 6 R 5 W 7 (+3 vs spells and poisons) | AC 19 T: 12 FF: 17 CMD 17 | Per + 9 SM + 9 | Init + 2

Geico gives a smile to the Samsaran. His tone was a little off. But A sale was a sale after all.

You're making a wise decision today, Barbo. Just a small investment today will reap dividends down the line. Can I speak to you some time about term Adventure Insurance? You can place your money with the Mutual of Abadar - a subsidiary branch of the Church of Abadar - and when you are in mortal danger, say in need of a Rescue team, you can cash in your policy and have your needs cared for. Just something to consider

He noted the hair. Geico had met a witch with moving hair once...but this didn't quite seem like that.

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

Clearly aghast with the conversation's recent direction, "Ah...no. My father was a captain with the Eagle Knights actually. Let's all try to keep our tongues to ourselves AND in our mouths, shall we?" Who the devil is the Society letting in these days? This gnome is carrying on as if she is rabid!

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

Lilianna sits, stunned, in her seat. From stifling a gag from sewage, to threats of licking the half-orc, and more words about insurance, this has been the most exciting pre-briefing she has ever attended. Sarenrae, please grant me the strength to endure this trying time. May this mission in your honor be swift and efficient.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Barbo and Krennel. I am Lilianna Thraller," followed by a quick gulp of what is hopefully a glass of wine in front of her. While she waits for the Venture-Captain to arrive, she polishes and cleans her holy symbol. "What talents do you two bring to the team?"

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo pulls Babe into the folds of his cloak as Ayla continues her story about the farm. No bacon today...

When she is finally done, he turns to Geico,eager to switch topics. " Adventure insurance, eh? I doubt I have to money for that kind of thing! To be honest, I'm more interested in the religion than the financial gains. " He shrugs his shoulders noncommittally.

To Lilianna's question, his eyes light up. "My specialty is illusions. I love the thrill of crafting a lifelike portrait to distract my enemies! " He stares off into space for a moment, probably designing a new illusion. He snaps back, continuing. "I also have spent many nights studying ancient texts, so I often find myself with pertinent information. "


Level 50 GM

Finally, a huge human man wearing creaking leathers marches into the room. He looks at each of you, as if he were appraising a handful of gemstones freshly pulled from the earth, and nods curtly. Some of you know him as Adril Hestram, a longtime Pathfinder and rumored to be the unwitting architect of the famed Katapesh slave riot of 4702. Adril’s physique puts most half-orcs to shame.

“Welcome, friends. We have a serious problem. Skelg the Ripper came to Absalom one month ago. Like many Ulfen warriors, he joined the Longaxes, the Taldan Emperor’s personal guard whose duty it is to protect the embassy and Taldan visitors. Skelg also dropped a hefty sum of gold to purchase a manor in the Ivy district, something a Longaxe isn’t paid well enough to do. It is widely assumed that he brought most of his wealth with him from the north—a rumor I know to be true.

“It seems that Skelg also brought a curse with him. In his letter to me, he speaks of lying abed in this miserable summer dying from the cold. Neither physician nor priest has been able to cure his ailment, and there are no signs of disease or poison. Of course, for such a man, there is no greater dishonor than to die in bed instead of in battle.

“Normally, the Pathfinder Society would monitor these events and let the authorities deal with them. However, there are three factors that have drawn our interest. First, Skelg is himself a member of our Society and has asked for our help. Second, he is a personal friend of mine, and finding a sparring partner as worthy as Skelg to replace him would be a trying task. Last, he claims that artifacts of great power are involved, and that we may be able to recover them for the vaults of the Grand Lodge.

“We view this situation as having enough importance to assign you to investigate it. Go to the home of Skelg the Ripper, learn what you can, and do your best to help him. If you find an item that is somehow connected to the curse, either retrieve it or glean as much information as you can about it.

“I trust there are no questions?”

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo listens intently. "Helping a fellow Pathfinder is always a worthy task! I do have one question. Are the Longaxes aware of his curse or our intervention? Would they have strong feelings about either?" He steps back and listens. I would hate to anger a group of elite Ulfen warriors.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Ayla bounces in her seat in anticipation.

"Nope! No questions here! I can't wait to set out! Man, this Skelg is going to be peachy keen in no time! I mean it, sir, in a flash he'll be right as rain, and you won't catch me holding that up! No way, no how! In fact, I'm already gone! Consider me there! You'll blink and know that your old pal is up on his feet again! He'll be dancing a jig before dinner!"

She jumps up from her chair and points to the door. "Onward! To the Ivy District!"

Despite her enthusiasm, she doesn't actually leave until everyone's ready to go with her.

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

"I cannot speak for the other agents, but I am honored that you trust my ability enough to help with your friend." Though if the city's wizards and priests couldn't solve it, I doubt my own abilities will fair much better...

"Excellent question Barbo, causing unnecessary diplomatic strains is unwise," she declares and waits for the answer.

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg shakes his head. "Egg is ready..."

The Exchange

LN Dwarf HP: 25/25 | F: 6 R 5 W 7 (+3 vs spells and poisons) | AC 19 T: 12 FF: 17 CMD 17 | Per + 9 SM + 9 | Init + 2

Geico hears dollar signs when he hears news of a strange curse befalling an ambassador of sorts but tries to conceal his motive. Well of course, if the Society thinks this is important, then so do I! Just one bit - curses like this don't tend to come from no where - any idea what may have put the curse on him in the first place?

That's the key to a sale of course - know your customer, better than they know themselves if possible.


Level 50 GM
Barbo Beezle wrote:
Are the Longaxes aware of his curse or our intervention?

"I expect they are aware that he is ill. Whether they know more than that, I couldn't say. I doubt they care about us, though."

Geico All-Hearth wrote:
Any idea what may have put the curse on him in the first place?

"If I knew, I would have said. Go ask Skelg."

Ayla Vivindor wrote:
"Onward! To the Ivy District!"

"That's the spirit! Get on it, you lot!"

Let me know if you do anything else before heading out, or if you have any further questions.

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

"Very well, lead the way to the Ivy District Ayla," she says, standing up and gathering her things.
________
No questions, ready to go.

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Barbo stands on aching knees. "Alrighty! To the Ivy District it is! " On his way out the door he stops and points at Ayla. "Now, little one. This Skelg may have messed with the wrong magical item and gotten cursed. Ensure you are extra careful today. "

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Aha!" Ayla exclaims happily, pleased to finally spring into action. Besides, her arm was getting sore.

"No problem, Barbo! In fact, cautious is my middle name! Well, not really, but you know what I mean, yeah? Of course you do! You're a clever fellow ain't ya'? And I'M a cautious one! Like a wary, alert, careful, contemplative..." Ayla continues on for a while, listing at least a dozen more synonyms for cautious, before finally losing her train of thought. Her speech gets particularly convoluted after that, and somehow she ends up talking about vineyards."And that's why the best grapes are green! Speaking of green, here we are! The Ivy District! Home of rich dudes, and trees! And our poor, unfortunate, sick guy, of course!"

She smiles widely. "I am so excited! Come on, let's go!"

Suddenly she stops. "What's his address again?" realizing she forgot to ask, Ayla shrugs. "I'm sure we'll know it when we see it!" She scampers off to find the manor of Skelg the Ripper, hoping it's got big Ulfen warriors outside, a flag that shows a really long axe, or a fancy brass nameplate that reads 'Skelg the Ripper.'

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg silently nods, gathers himself and his bow, and sets out after the others...

The Exchange

LN Dwarf HP: 25/25 | F: 6 R 5 W 7 (+3 vs spells and poisons) | AC 19 T: 12 FF: 17 CMD 17 | Per + 9 SM + 9 | Init + 2

Geico seems a little disappointed at the lack of intel but proceeds regardless. He stops to grab a bottle of mead as a sort of gift but then proceeds as normal.


Level 50 GM
Ayla Vivindor wrote:
Suddenly she stops. "What's his address again?" realizing she forgot to ask, Ayla shrugs. "I'm sure we'll know it when we see it!" She scampers off to find the manor of Skelg the Ripper, hoping it's got big Ulfen warriors outside, a flag that shows a really long axe, or a fancy brass nameplate that reads 'Skelg the Ripper.'

As it turns out, the Ivy District is a rather large place, with meandering roads and large estates. It would take you all morning to simply wander up and down every one, hoping to run across the right place.

If anyone wishes to make a Knowledge (local) check, they might have heard the news when Skelg moved in. Alternately, you could use Diplomacy to ask around, or you could go back the the Lodge and ask the Venture-Captain.

And yes, the scenario did anticipate the party running off without asking for the address. ;-)

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

If that fails, Ayla resorts to using her magnetic personality and silver tongue!

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Reasons I played a Wizard, right here!

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Barbo turns to Ayla and chuckles. "No need to go bothering folks! You think I'd let is leave without knowing where we're going? When I arrived in the harbor I heard some sailors talking about the enormous Ulfen warrior who moved in. Follow me! " With that he sets off, at a particularly fast pace for a man of his age.


Level 50 GM

Barbo recalls hearing about the Ulfen man moving in - the warrior is somewhat out of place in the refined Ivy District, but once it was discovered he was a Longaxe, people decided not to push the issue too hard. He moved into an estate known as Greydog Manor on Parkview Street.

Parkview Street is true to its name, running the entire length of the Ivy District park. Standing like a tomb in a flower garden, Greydog Manor is easy to find. Six-foot-high walls surround the massive, stone building and an immense iron gate flanked by granite statues of hunting dogs stands open, offering access to the interior. Looking along the street, it is clear that locals give the estate a wide berth. The manor has several windows that can be seen from the street, but all have curtains drawn.

A quick glance through the gate reveals a pair of guards standing outside the front door.

You are now on the street outside the walls of the manor.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"A-hah! Perfect! Well done, Barbo!" she exclaims.

"Time to case the place!" she remarks, rubbing her hands together in glee. She glances behind her, realizing which comrades she's hanging out with today... Suddenly she laughs. "Just kidding!"

Bluff to act like she's never robbed a manor before: 1d20 ⇒ 8

"Let's go fix this sick dude!" Ayla corrects. She points at the front door, waiting or the others to catch up and be ready to head inside. Once they're all prepared she dashes up to the front door, waving cheerily at the guards.

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Egg enters the gate but stays towards the rear, near the wall, and silently draws his bow, preparing to cover Ayla, if needed...maybe the guards are friendly but, in his past missions with the society, he's never surprised when routine missions turn suddenly violent...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Level 50 GM
Egg Fu wrote:
Egg enters the gate but stays towards the rear, near the wall, and silently draws his bow, preparing to cover Ayla, if needed...maybe the guards are friendly but, in his past missions with the society, he's never surprised when routine missions turn suddenly violent...

Egg, entering with a drawn weapon would be an overtly hostile act ... is really what you intend?

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Guess not then...

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

Panting, Lilianna finally catches up with the group and puts her hands on her head. "Can we... stop for... a moment... Ayla is... a lot... to handle..."

When she finally recovers after a moment of calm, she follows the excitable gnome to the front door. "Hopefully we are expected! and won't have to resort to what appear to be Ayla's preferred methods of entry..." she mutters under her breath.
________

Rolls:

Sense Motive, DC 8: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

Equally exacerbated by the energetic gnome, Krennel nods to the cleric, "She could be worse. I am not certain how, but the day is young. Perhaps we should see to our 'patient'."

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 16 (T14, FF 13) | CMB: -1 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+5 W:+1* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, DisDev +9*, SM +1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Sneak Attack +1d6 | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Ayla dashes forward with her hand waving excitedly in greeting.

"Hey, there, guys! I'm Ayla Vivindor, famed author of the Ada Mantine adventure series and Pathfinder extraordinaire! I'm sure you've heard of me! You look like cultured fellows, ya'? Yeah, of course you are! We're here to meet with Skelg the Ripper! So let us in as soon as possible! It's super important! He's got be up dancing a jig and stuff! Come on, let's go!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Nailed it!

The Exchange

LN Dwarf HP: 25/25 | F: 6 R 5 W 7 (+3 vs spells and poisons) | AC 19 T: 12 FF: 17 CMD 17 | Per + 9 SM + 9 | Init + 2

Geico tries not to look TOO embarassed when Ayla goes off Hail, nevermind the idiot, we are here to see the proud Ulfen Warrior, Skelg the Ripper to cure him of what ails him so he can die not in bed, but on the battlefield as the Ancient Linnorm Kings would have wanted.

Also gents, could I perhaps interest you in the beneficial security - and peace of mind - that comes with knowing your affairs are in order? We at Mutual of Abadar offer will execution services - seeing Skelf out of sorts must have you considering your own mortality. Best to make arrangements while one is still able, don't you think?


Level 50 GM

The courtyard is cool and shady compared to the street outside. Dead leaves are scattered across the flagstones and the granite steps where the two Ulfen warriors stand. Each man wears a chain shirt and a surcoat bearing the Taldan crest and carries the traditional imperial guard long axe. The guards look at you sternly, and one of them speaks. “Skelg is very ill. He has decided to die in peace. He wants no visitors. ”

DC 15 Knowledge(Nobility) or DC 20 Perception:
The guards are wearing the surcoats backwards.

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 2nd | HP:16/16 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:2 CMD:18 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Egg frowns and draws his bow, no longer caring if he's overtly hostile, and alerts the others. "They no guard...coat on backward!"

Scarab Sages

Human Cleric of Sarenrae 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 13 CMD: 10 | F+5 R+2 W+5 | Init +1 | Perception +2
Tracked Resources:
Wand CLW 37/50 Wand Bless 41/50; Touch of Glory 4/5; Channel Positive 9/9; Spells: 1st 3+1/3+1 2nd 2+1/2+1

"Backwards? What's going on here?" Seeing Egg draw his weapon, she takes a step away from the guards. If this is how it is going to be, I don't want to be any closer than I have to be.
________

Rolls:

Sense Motive (Are they lying?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Perception, DC 20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Scarab Sages

M NG Samsaran Wizard 2 | HP: 14 | AC: 13 (12 Tch, 11 FF) | CMB: -1, CMD: 9 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 |

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Barbo, leading from the back as usual, looks at the guards with a critical eye. Why, either Skelg is the least self-respecting member of this neighborhood or... shoot.

He speaks up as Egg draws a weapon. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we should respect his wishes, don't you? " At this point he backs up about ten feet and turns his back on the group. Mumbling soft arcane words, he moves his fingers quickly.

Suddenly, Geico hears Barbo whisper in his ear. "These men are not the real guards. Use caution. "

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc alchemist (grenadier) 1 HP: 8 | AC: 14 (T12/FF12) | F: +2/R: +4/ W: +0 | Init: +2 | Percep: +4 Alchemist

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

What are they all prattling on about?


Level 50 GM

As Egg draws his weapon, the guards stiffen up and heft their greataxes. "I think it is best you move along now. Skelg doesn't want your company."

Hostility seems inevitable, so I'll go ahead and roll initiative now. I've positioned people based on my interpretation of their actions.

Initiative:

Krennel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Barbo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Lilianna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Egg: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Geico: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Ayla: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Combat Order:

21 Krennel
17 Geico
13 Egg
13 Ayla
----
12 Blue
----
12 Barbo
08 Lilianna
----
04 Red

Krennel, Geico, Egg, and Ayla may take actions. If you don't attack, it may be possible to resolve this peacefully, but I wanted to do this in an orderly fashion.

Map on slide show.

1 to 50 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rinaldo's Frozen Fingers of Midnight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.