Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Mjolbeard's 'Scions of the Sky Key' Series (Inactive)

Game Master Mjolbeard89

On the Table

Initiative:
[dice=Farshaya]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Jann]1d20[/dice
[dice=Laiashi]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Meredith]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Denair]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Saritirnen]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Willem]1d20+2[/dice


501 to 550 of 918 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

HP 27/27 | Spells -/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 16 | Saves 4/2/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 3 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

"Sorry kid, it's either you or me. Denair, help me push this rock over. That fruit won't mean anything if we're dino chow."

Str Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Denair is excited, she caught the fruit! She wants to investigate it but she can't concentrate with all the chaos. She bounds up to the rock and tilts it.

Denair's Str Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Scarab Sages

HP 27/27; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+4, R+1, W+4; Perc +0, darkvision 60', Init +0; CMD 12

Jann nods and uses his staff to help lever a rock over the edge! Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 2

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7 (+1 vs traps), Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

Laiashi makes a dash for a low-hanging vine, and notices as she does so that a leaning branch isn't just leaning-- it seems to be stuck in place, lodged beneath a boulder high up on the cliff. "Got an idea. Everybody look out!" She swings herself over to the branch, hoping to use her momentum to snap the wood in half and send the boulder tumbling.

Dexterity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +12 | Handle Animal: +11 | Perc: +2 | Ride: +6 | SM: +9

Ser Willem goads Destrier towards the rock to give it a final push..

Des Strength : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

-Posted with Wayfinder


Midnight Mauler

Wow! Guess you guys didn't like the tyrannosaur much, eh? Haha!

As you climb, you all cooperate in classic Pathfinder fashion to send a cascade of rocks tumbling down onto the distraught momma dinosaur's head. The rocks certainly leave an impression, and the beast abandons the chase as it recovers from its dazed state at the base of the cliff.

While the dino wanders back to see what it can salvage of its ruined nest, you all crest the ravine and finally make it out in one piece! You've even managed to keep the eggs in one piece, despite Jann's best efforts otherwise. As you continue to take stock of yourselves after your thrilling escape from Deepblood Ravine, Denair looks closely at the glowing fruit she plucked as she had run along the jungle path toward the cliff.

Give me a Knowledge (nature) check, Denair!
Anyone else with the skill can assist.


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Denair's HP 19/19 | AC 15 T 12 FF14 | CMD 17 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

"Sorry!" Denair yells at the dinosaur. "She'll be okay, and she can find more later."

Meredith gives her a little bit of guidance. "Thanks, boss! Now, to identify this fruit..."
Knowledge(Nature), Guidance: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Pffft

"It's...tasty?" She sniffs it. "I'm gonna hold onto it!"


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Denair's HP 19/19 | AC 15 T 12 FF14 | CMD 17 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

I haven't used my GM Reroll yet! Perfect timing! Also my k nature is +5, not +4.

GM Reroll +1: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 14

Better than a 1, I guess.

Meredith nudges Denair, urging her to think harder.


Midnight Mauler

Denair studies the fruit carefully, and even gets Meredith's magical assistance, but she is only able to recall that the fruit is called a Kaava sun pear, and that it is edible. Whether eating the sun pear will be of any benefit, however, remains a mystery.

With that brief investigation completed, you make your way back through the Kaava lands toward the village. At the outskirts of the Krihirik village, grippli possessions lie scattered about as if they were dropped or tossed carelessly from the dwellings above. Where before gripplis hurried about the village, now none are to be found. Shouting from the direction of the elders’ hut carries through the empty jungle—“Find the others!”—followed by the loud crash of something falling to the jungle floor.

Initiative:
Jann: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Laiashi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Meredith: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Denair: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Saritirnen: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Willem: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Kalim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Safira: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Aspis Agent (green): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Aspis Agent (orange): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

GM Rolls:
Target: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

An arrow flies from one of the rope bridges overhead and catches Saritirnen across his side as you enter the village center. Gazing up to find where the arrow came from, you see a woman with a bow drawn and aimed at you, a big red serpent painted on her tunic with the letters AC emblazoned upon it. "Boss," she shouts, "The Pathfinders made it back! Look out!"

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 1
Bold may go
Aspis agent (orange)
Laiashi
Denair
Willem

Safira
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim
Saritirnen
Aspis agent (green)
Jann


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Denair's HP 19/19 | AC 15 T 12 FF14 | CMD 17 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

"Looks yummy." Denair focuses. "It's called a Kaava fruit, and even you can eat it! I don't remember anything special about it, though..."

Denair becomes alert as an arrow flies by. "Oh no! They attacked the village!"

What are our options for getting up the tree? Climb checks? Farshaya is the only good climber around here.

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7 (+1 vs traps), Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

"Hey!" Laiashi calls out, drawing her daggers. "We're on your side!"

"I have an idea," she says quietly to the others. "Follow my lead."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +12 | Handle Animal: +11 | Perc: +2 | Ride: +6 | SM: +9

Willem slowly pulls back the reins on Destrier as Laiashi quiets them. Whatever you're going to do, do it fast.", he whispers.

Ready to charge any assailant that gets within charge range.


Midnight Mauler

With her outstanding perceptive abilities, Denair is instantly able to tell that the crashing sound you heard was the sound of a 20 foot tall ladder crashing down to the jungle floor. Following the sound up to the rope bridges and platforms in which the grippli live, you see that your attackers are not the grippli, as Laiashi thought at first, but are in fact more Aspis agents, who had apparently hung back or returned to the village earlier to pursue other means of obtaining the Krihirik's sacred talisman.

As Denair points out the ladder, she also sees a large panther, its face covered in long scars, skulking away into the jungle.

The map is posted in the slide show for your reference, just so you can get a better idea of what you're looking at here.
As for options to get up to the walkways, here's the breakdown: You can approach the center of the village along the jungle floor, or you can climb into the trees and use the rope bridges to approach from the north or west. Navigating from the jungle floor to the trees might present a challenge without the ability to cast spells like fly or levitate. However, there are a few other ways that you can ascend. The fallen ladder near the center of the village is simple to lift and set against the trees—lifting it or knocking it down again requires a move action. You can also climb the trees unaided with a successful DC 15 Climb check. The tree houses are all 20 feet off the ground.
If you decide to move around to the northern or western walkways off-map, we'll temporarily go out of initiative order, but there may be consequences if you take too long. The Aspis know you're here...

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 1
Bold may go
Aspis agent (orange)
Laiashi
Denair
Willem
Safira
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim
Saritirnen
Aspis agent (green)
Jann

Liberty's Edge

HP 27/27 | Spells -/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 16 | Saves 4/2/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 3 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

Laiashi, what's your plan? To bluff them? May as make the roll. I have a +6 to assist, looks like you have a +9.

Bluff (Aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Yeah, what are you guys doing? No wonder the boss sent us to help you louts." Meredith gives Laiashi a look. "Lower a rope or something. Whatever, I can get the ladder myself."

Would Unseen Servant be able to pick up the ladder?


Midnight Mauler
Meredith Ulmari wrote:
Would Unseen Servant be able to pick up the ladder?

While the scenario doesn't give me the weight of the ladder, I'd say a 20ft long solid wooden ladder probably weighs more than 20 pounds, which is the lift capacity for Unseen Servant, so unfortunately, I'll have to say no to that, Meredith.

Laiashi, please give me a bluff check to go forward with your plan.

GM Rolls:
Sense Motive (Kalim): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Sense Motive (Green): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Sense Motive (Orange): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

As you strategize and try to pull your ruse on the Aspis agents, all else seems relatively quiet. All that remains is to see if they will fall for it.

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7 (+1 vs traps), Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

I'd like to take 10 on this, but I'm guessing that's a no since we're going on rounds.

Bluff + aid: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13
Well poop.

Laiashi runs a hand down the front of her shirt, and where she does the material adds to itself an Aspis Consortium badge to match the one she'd seen on the dead agent they'd found-- but with her own name on it instead of his. "Weren't you told to expect us? We've been working undercover."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Midnight Mauler

The two agents along the rope bridges look at Laiashi and notice her badge. "Boss, it's okay! She's got a badge and everything." There's a moment of silence, and you see a figure appear in one of the crude windows of the structure on the central platform, then you hear him laugh loudly. "Hah! That's just some cheap disguise. She probably stole the badge off of one of your dead friends. Kill them!"

Good idea, but that would be a tough check no matter how good your disguise was. Back into the action!

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 1
Bold may go
Aspis agent (orange)
Laiashi
Denair
Willem
Safira
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim
Saritirnen
Aspis agent (green)
Jann

Grand Lodge

Neutral | Elf Male | Oracle 2 | AC 17 (T 13/Fl 14) | hp 13/13 | Init +4 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +4 | Perception +3 | Conditions: None | Spells: L1 (DC13): 5/5 | CLW wand: 50/50
Expendables:
Wands:CLW: 10/12 charges | Lesser Restore: 5/5

Securing his spear he takes out his short bow with disgust at what the Aspis agents have done to the grippli village.


Midnight Mauler

The Aspis agent with the green head scarf nods as his boss gives the command to kill these people who are clearly other agents. "Sorry, guys. Orders are orders." He levels his bow at Laiashi and fires off an arrow.

Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

The arrow flies into the trees behind the ifrit, however, and Jann prepares to take his own action against these vile Aspis slime.

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 2
Bold may go
Aspis agent (orange)
Laiashi
Denair
Willem
Safira
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim
Saritirnen
Aspis agent (green)
Jann

Scarab Sages

HP 27/27; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+4, R+1, W+4; Perc +0, darkvision 60', Init +0; CMD 12

Jann strolls up to stand next to (in the cover of) the big tree. He nods to the archer in orange and says "Kill your friend."

Murderous command, DC 15!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7 (+1 vs traps), Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

Heh. An orange Aspis agent. Agent Orange.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Midnight Mauler

And now he has a new name... Heheh!

Will vs Command: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"Uh....no? I'm gonna kill you!" Agent Orange barely manages to shake off the power of Jann's enchantment thanks to his elven blood, then fires an arrow at Denair, who is one of the few targets not concealed by trees or bushes or horses.

Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The arrow fails to meet its mark, however, and so the Pathfinders prepare their counter-counter attack!

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 2
Bold may go
Aspis agent (orange)
Laiashi
Denair
Willem

Safira
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim
Saritirnen
Aspis agent (green)
Jann


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Denair's HP 19/19 | AC 15 T 12 FF14 | CMD 17 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

Ignoring the arrow, Denair lumbers up to the ladder and grabs it.

"This wouldn't be a problem if I could climb..."

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7 (+1 vs traps), Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

Nine hells. I could've sworn I had all the details right. Holding both daggers in one hand, Laiashi climbs up the nearest ladder.

I guess that's two move actions-- one to get to the ladder and another to get 15' up it.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +12 | Handle Animal: +11 | Perc: +2 | Ride: +6 | SM: +9

"How about you come down here and fight like men instead of hiding in treehouses like little children?"

Willem knows he can't climb well in his armor, but is ready to trounce the first goon that accepts his challenge.

Ready to charge first goon that hits the ground near Laiashi..


Midnight Mauler

Denair moves to and sets up the ladder. Laiashi begins to climb.

Willem hears a chorus of ""Umm....no, that would be stupid!" in response to his taunt. Apparently, these Aspis goons know a thing or two about tactics.

Speaking of tactics, a sudden rustle in the leaves to Denair's left reveals a charging panther making straight for her! The big cat runs at full pace, then leaps through the air at the fey being, its dagger-like claws fully extended.

Claw, charge: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22 Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 2
Bold may go
Aspis agent (orange)
Laiashi
Denair
Willem
Safira
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim
Saritirnen
Aspis agent (green)
Jann

Liberty's Edge

HP 27/27 | Spells -/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 16 | Saves 4/2/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 3 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

"You know what we don't need? A panther." Meredith grabs her longspear and begins casting. Vines erupt around her arm.

Casting Longarm on myself. Moving and drawing a longspear.


Midnight Mauler

As Meredith moves toward the bridge, a man with a cruel look in his eyes emerges from the elder's hut, a long knife held in his hand. He stalks along the bridge and begins to flip the knife back and forth between his hands. He moves just far enough along the bridge that he can clearly see Laiashi climbing the ladder, then catches the knife by the tip of its blade, pulls back, and throws the knife spinning at the ifrit.

Dagger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 2
Bold may go
Aspis agent (orange)
Laiashi (-6)
Denair (-4)
Willem
Safira
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim
Saritirnen (-1)
Aspis agent (green)
Jann

Grand Lodge

Neutral | Elf Male | Oracle 2 | AC 17 (T 13/Fl 14) | hp 13/13 | Init +4 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +4 | Perception +3 | Conditions: None | Spells: L1 (DC13): 5/5 | CLW wand: 50/50
Expendables:
Wands:CLW: 10/12 charges | Lesser Restore: 5/5

Bow in hand Saritirnen moves forward to get a better shot at the Aspis agent Orange who is firing at Meredith and lets loose his own arrow at the elf.

short bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Midnight Mauler

Saritirnen, short bow crits are x3! I'll roll the extra damage for you here.

More crit damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Saritirnen's arrow slices through the air and punches into Agent Orange's rib cage, sending him flying off the twenty-foot-high bridge to the jungle floor below.

Filled with rage at his fellow agent's demise, Agent Green steps away from the ladder and aims an arrow at Laiashi from point-blank range.

Longbow, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18 Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The arrow strikes true, but the agent's anger makes the shot less powerful, so Laiashi only receives a superficial wound this time.

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 2, beginning round 3
Bold may go
Laiashi (-8)
Denair (-4)
Willem

Safira
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim
Saritirnen (-1)
Aspis agent (green)
Jann


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Denair's HP 19/19 | AC 15 T 12 FF14 | CMD 17 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

Denair continues to wait by the ladder while pummeling the the panther.

Power Attack Slam: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 21
Power Attack Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14

She then wheels around the creature to open up a flanking opportunity.
"Boss, I could use some help! The panther tore some of my bark away and it hurts and someone's going to try to drink syrup from me and ewww!"

Scarab Sages

HP 27/27; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+4, R+1, W+4; Perc +0, darkvision 60', Init +0; CMD 12

Jann nods as the orange man falls. "Effective. Very effective." He moves over toward the leader-type fellow. He reaches toward him, offering him the gift the void. Interstellar Void, cold damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 Fort DC 15 for half damage!

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7 (+1 vs traps), Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

"I was willing to let you go before," she lies. "But now you're dead!" Both her blades start to glow red-hot (swift action) as she reaches the top (move action). Laiashi tosses one of her daggers into her free hand (free action) and strikes with the other (standard action).

Dagger vs green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Can I stand next to green? If not I'll move one square up, but would rather not have to be in flank.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +12 | Handle Animal: +11 | Perc: +2 | Ride: +6 | SM: +9

Willem glowers his eyes at the knife throwing man. "Fine, coward, have it your way. I will come to you."

Free Dismount: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Willem pats Destrier on the head, and gets down off his high horse, drawing his blade and marching towards the ladder. He points the sharp end at the knife wielder. "You and me, pondscum."

So close...Move to dismount, Move to ladder, Swift to activate challenge.


Midnight Mauler

Yes, Laiashi, I'll allow you to stand there. The bridge is pretty narrow, and the way it's angled makes it hard to be precise about position, so I'm definitely willing to be flexible on that point.

GM Rolls:
Bossman Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The boss flinches somewhat against Jann's magical gift, but he shakes off the worst of the effects. The flinch does cause him to wobble on the swinging rope bridge, but his quick reflexes keep him in place easily enough.

The panther reels as Denair hits it with a crushing blow. Despite the grievous attack, however, the beast lashes out at the eidolon in return. This time with a full retinue of claws and bites.

Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The first attack lands solidly, tearing away more of Denair's bark. She is able to resist the other attacks, however.

GM Rolls:
Kalim Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 3
Bold may go
Laiashi (-8)
Denair (-9)
Willem
Safira (-14)
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim (-2)
Saritirnen (-1)
Aspis agent (green)
Jann

Liberty's Edge

HP 27/27 | Spells -/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 16 | Saves 4/2/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 3 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

Meredith runs up with her Gold Crown (TM) longspear, and magically enchants it. She jabs it into the panther. "Denair, fall back! I got this."

I have 15 foot reach with the longspear and longarm.

Masterwork Longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Arcane Strike, Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


Midnight Mauler

Despite Meredith's ridiculous reach, the panther manages to avoid her attack, and the cat bares his long fangs at the woman.

Up on the bridge, the knife-wielding figure pulls another blade from a sheath on the back of his belt and throws it at Laiashi. The knife strikes Laiashi squarely between the shoulders, wounding her deeply.

Dagger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 3
Bold may go
Laiashi (-16)
Denair (-9)
Willem
Safira (-14)
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim (-2)
Saritirnen (-1)
Aspis agent (green)
Jann

Grand Lodge

Neutral | Elf Male | Oracle 2 | AC 17 (T 13/Fl 14) | hp 13/13 | Init +4 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +4 | Perception +3 | Conditions: None | Spells: L1 (DC13): 5/5 | CLW wand: 50/50
Expendables:
Wands:CLW: 10/12 charges | Lesser Restore: 5/5

Saritirnen moves as quickly as he can to get into a better position to help out Meredith and Denair. Finally stopping behind Destrier he sends an arrow at the panther but it flies well high of the big cat.

Short bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Midnight Mauler

Saritirnen displays an overabundance of caution as his arrow flies far above its target to safely avoid hitting Meredith and Denair.

Agent Green, on the other hand, decides it's time to abandon his bow. He drops the bow and draws a sword from his side, slashing at Laiashi's shoulder. The nimble ifrit avoids the attack, however, and dodges away fromt the stroke.

Longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 3
Bold may go
Jann
-------------
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 4
Bold may go
Laiashi (-16)
Denair (-9)
Willem

Safira (-14)
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim (-2)
Saritirnen (-1)
Aspis agent (green)
Jann


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Denair's HP 19/19 | AC 15 T 12 FF14 | CMD 17 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

"Boss. Really sorry! This panther is shredding me!" She takes a step back, flanks with Meredith, and swings, carefully.

Drawing a straight line, connecting their centers, Denair is attacking the panther's left side, and Meredith attacks the right. Yay for 10 and 15 foot reach!

Slam, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Denair hopes she bludgeoned the panther silly as she can't take another scratch at this point.

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7 (+1 vs traps), Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

That was close, Lai thinks as she dodges the blow. Not sure how much more of this I can take. "Just die, won't you?"

Dagger 1 vs green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 +1 fire

Dagger 2 vs green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 +1 fire

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

HP 27/27; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+4, R+1, W+4; Perc +0, darkvision 60', Init +0; CMD 12

Jann reaches out again and offers the void to the nice man in charge!

Cold damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6 Fort DC 15 for half!

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +12 | Handle Animal: +11 | Perc: +2 | Ride: +6 | SM: +9

Not sure how close I can get with Willem to 5 Knives, but that's his goal. I believe it will take him these two moves to do it.

Willem takes hold of the ladder and climbs as fast as he can to get to the bridge. When he gets to the top, he climbs over and brings his sword to bear at the knife wielder. He only locks eyes with the man, his mind preparing for the fight ahead.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Midnight Mauler

I believe it's a DC 0 to climb the ladder, but if you want to move half-speed (rather than the normal quarter-speed for a climb) and get all the way to the top this round, you can take a -5 to your climb check, meaning I'll actually need you to roll.

GM Rolls:
Kalim Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Jann's ability to share the void catches the knife-throwing boss once again, but still he seems to resist some of its effects. Perhaps there is too much darkness in him for the void to trouble him all that much.

Down on the ground, Denair wallops the panther once again, and the beast, having obviously suffered years of pain as is clear from the scarring on its face, turns to the camera with a look that says, "Screw this! I'm out!" The panther begins to run wildly out of the Krihirk village.

The panther is in full withdraw mode. Denair, it gets out of the first threatened square alright, but still provokes in the second. You may take an AoO if you like.

Back up on the bridge, Laiashi tries and fails to harm the still-pristine Agent Green, while Willem begins the climb to join the fight.

If anyone else wants to climb without waiting for Willem, you can scale the trees themselves with a DC15 climb check

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 4
Bold may go
Laiashi (-16)
Denair (-9)
Willem
Safira (-20) Byyeeee!!!
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim (-3)
Saritirnen (-1)
Aspis agent (green)
Jann


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Denair's HP 19/19 | AC 15 T 12 FF14 | CMD 17 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

Denair watches the panther flee. "Bye kitty! Try not to bite off more than you can chew." She will not take an AoO.

Liberty's Edge

HP 27/27 | Spells -/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 16 | Saves 4/2/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 3 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

"Yeah, you better run!" Meredith hoots as the panther flees. She gives Denair a perplexed look. "Its guard is down, what are you waiting for?"

Denair simply shakes her head and points up to the treeline. Meredith pauses and then calms down. "Yeah, you're right."

Meredith runs right up to the tree, below the green Aspis agent. Using her Gold Crown (TM) longspear and her elongated arms, she jabs up from below.

Longarm + Longspear gives me 15 foot reach. I think that's enough to jab at them from 15 feet below?

Masterwork Longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Arcane Strike, Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8


Midnight Mauler

Technically, the treehouse are all 20ft off the ground, so I don't think that would quite reach, but I'll allow it because a) I want to get you guys on to the third part of this series already, and b) DAT ROLL THO!

Meredith's spear finds its mark, seemingly out of nowhere, as she stabs up into the green agent's belly from all the way down on the forest floor! The sight is not enough to put the boss out, though, as he pulls yet another dagger. He raises the blade, give's Willem a cruel look and says, "This one's for you, Ser Knight," and he throws the knife, once again, at Laiashi.

Dagger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Inexplicably, Laiashi dodges out of the knife's way, and avoids further harm...for now!

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 4
Bold may go
Laiashi (-16)
Denair (-9)
Willem
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim (-3)
Saritirnen (-1)
Aspis agent (green) (-8)
Jann

Grand Lodge

Neutral | Elf Male | Oracle 2 | AC 17 (T 13/Fl 14) | hp 13/13 | Init +4 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +4 | Perception +3 | Conditions: None | Spells: L1 (DC13): 5/5 | CLW wand: 50/50
Expendables:
Wands:CLW: 10/12 charges | Lesser Restore: 5/5

Sartirnen hops forward getting a little closer to the leader of the Aspis party and sends an arrow his way. However, his feet are not able to get the footing he needs and the arrow plants itself into the underside of the walkway.

short bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +12 | Handle Animal: +11 | Perc: +2 | Ride: +6 | SM: +9

Climb: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 5 = 13

Willem scrambles up the ladder, destruction in his mind. He breathes deep to not allow the vile scum into his head.


Midnight Mauler

Saritirnen's arrow misses its mark unfortunately!

The green Aspis agent, whom Laiashi can tell is a half-elf from this close distance, swings his sword at her once again, hoping she will either fall or back off.

Longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

It still remains to be seen whether she will retreat, but that attack certainly did not make her fall! The agent takes a step back and draws a small vial from a pouch at his belt.

Willem finally makes it to the top of the ladder and onto the rope bridge, where he stands face to face with the knife master.

INITIATIVE!
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 4
Bold may go
Jann
-------------
Battle at the Krihirik Village - Round 5
Bold may go
Laiashi (-16)
Denair (-9)

Willem
Meredith
Five-Knives Kalim (-2)
Saritirnen (-1)
Aspis agent (green) (-8)
Jann

Liberty's Edge

HP 27/27 | Spells -/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 16 | Saves 4/2/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 3 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

Meredith puts the longspear away and climbs up the ladder. "When I get up there..."

Denair, meanwhile tries to climb the tree directly.
Denair's Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
"Heehee! Just like old times!" She giggles.

501 to 550 of 918 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Mjolbeard's 'Scions of the Sky Key' Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.