[PFS] GM Mjolbeard's "Between the Lines" (#7-01) (Inactive)

Game Master Mjolbeard89

On the Table


201 to 250 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
The Exchange

CN Male elf ranger (transporter) 1/unchained rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC 20, T15, F15 | CMD: 18 (20 vs Grapple) | F +4, R +10, W +2 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Sneak Atk +2d6 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee +1 elven curve blade +10 (1d10+8/18-20) Ranged composite shortbow +8 (1d6/×3)
Other Skills:
Acro +12, Appraise +6, Climb +4, Disable D. +15, Escape A. +11, Know(Geo) +6, Know(Local) +9, Linguistics +9, Sleight of H. +12, Spellc. +6, Stealth +12, Survival +5, Swim +4, UMD +6

"Keep your weapons close but your wits closer, your axe honed and your wits sharp. A friendly dwarf once told me that when we got lost in the Fangwood, although, when we found ourselves near Kyonin, all friendliness had disappeared from his semblance.

"Indeed, let's go ahead."

Grand Lodge

M Human Slayer (Ankou's Shadow) 1 HP:8/10 AC: 17 FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 5 Will: 1 Melee Attack: 2 Init: 5 Acrobatics: 5 Climb: 4 Disguise: 4 Knowledge (local): 6 Perception: 5 Sense Motive: 5 Stealth: 9 Survival: 5 Swim:

At Eldeyr and Fargrim's suggestion, Crypt will nod, and tiptoe quietly ahead.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Into the Unknown

As the passage curves toward a set of doors, the glass tiles suddenly give way to worked stone. Behind, the structure remains uniform, as though the glowing glass hallway were never there.

What's this? A mysterious corridor ending in a menacing set of double doors? Must be innocent enough! What would you like to do?

The Exchange

CN Male elf ranger (transporter) 1/unchained rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC 20, T15, F15 | CMD: 18 (20 vs Grapple) | F +4, R +10, W +2 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Sneak Atk +2d6 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee +1 elven curve blade +10 (1d10+8/18-20) Ranged composite shortbow +8 (1d6/×3)
Other Skills:
Acro +12, Appraise +6, Climb +4, Disable D. +15, Escape A. +11, Know(Geo) +6, Know(Local) +9, Linguistics +9, Sleight of H. +12, Spellc. +6, Stealth +12, Survival +5, Swim +4, UMD +6

The elf approaches the large set of doors and carefully inspects them for traps, they are not his forte, but even his search is better than kicking it open.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Unless something explodes on my face...

"I thinks it's safe to go through."

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

Fargrim moves up next to Eldeyr.

"Can you make anything out?" she asks, peering at them herself.

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Into the Unknown

Neither Eldeyr nor Fargrim find any signs of traps, though they door hear the faint sound of rushing wind from the other side.

The Exchange

CN Male elf ranger (transporter) 1/unchained rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC 20, T15, F15 | CMD: 18 (20 vs Grapple) | F +4, R +10, W +2 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Sneak Atk +2d6 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee +1 elven curve blade +10 (1d10+8/18-20) Ranged composite shortbow +8 (1d6/×3)
Other Skills:
Acro +12, Appraise +6, Climb +4, Disable D. +15, Escape A. +11, Know(Geo) +6, Know(Local) +9, Linguistics +9, Sleight of H. +12, Spellc. +6, Stealth +12, Survival +5, Swim +4, UMD +6

I wasn't able to check in here before or after the website update. Is everyone else still with us?

"There's the sound of wind coming from the other side, everyone ready?"

After waiting for the rest of the team the wiry one pushes the door open.

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

Fargrim makes sure she is off to the side of the door so wouldn't be hit by any blast of wind coming through.


Into the Unknown

I think we have most everyone still with us. I'll make the rounds and PM folks if things continue to be overly quiet.

Grand Lodge

M Human Slayer (Ankou's Shadow) 1 HP:8/10 AC: 17 FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 5 Will: 1 Melee Attack: 2 Init: 5 Acrobatics: 5 Climb: 4 Disguise: 4 Knowledge (local): 6 Perception: 5 Sense Motive: 5 Stealth: 9 Survival: 5 Swim:

Crpyt will stand back also, uncertain of what lies ahead.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Witch 4 - HP: 26/26 - Init: +2 - Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+4/+5 (+1 vs fear) - Perception: +2 - AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 12 - CMD: 15

Alexander pats Crypt on the shoulder, warding him as he does, and then nods to show that he's ready to face what's behind the door.


Into the Unknown

The doors open onto a balcony overlooking a wide chamber. A winged statue formed out of the stone wall looms ominously from across the room. Catwalks wind around the edges and across the room, leading to a primitive altar in front of the statue. Above and below the suspended middle level of the room, gratings in the floor and ceiling produce a constant upward-moving breeze. While the statue seems crafted to represent a male human-avian hybrid, its face is unmistakably that of Wulessa Yuul.

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

"Hello Wulessa..." stammers Fargrim, addressing her comments to the statue. "What can you tell us about this place?"

If there is no answer, she takes the mirror and asks it the same question.

Grand Lodge

M Human Slayer (Ankou's Shadow) 1 HP:8/10 AC: 17 FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 5 Will: 1 Melee Attack: 2 Init: 5 Acrobatics: 5 Climb: 4 Disguise: 4 Knowledge (local): 6 Perception: 5 Sense Motive: 5 Stealth: 9 Survival: 5 Swim:

Crypt quickly scans the room for threats and danger. If none present themselves, he moves closer to the stature, inspecting it for clues as to what it is and what the altar may represent.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Into the Unknown

Crypt's quick scan doesn't reveal anything suspicious, so he continues on into the room. Fargrim follows on the slayer's heels and addresses the statue, which actually blinks as if waking from being lost in thought, and replies.

“Oh! I remember this place. It was my first expedition after joining the Pathfinder Society. We discovered a lost shrine to—I will not speak his name—The King of Wind Demons. We sought a golden icon hidden in the altar. The way down was easier than expected. There were traps, but we bypassed them. The way to the shrine was hidden, but we found the trigger to open it. And then... there were guardians. Here. Two of us died. They came from the air itself. I think you are in danger! Here, take this; it may aid you against the dangers here.” As Wulessa speaks, the sound of wind
pouring from the vents below increases. Almost at the same instant, a rope falls from the ceiling, right at Crypt's feet.

Rope Spellcraft DC :

Initiative:
Crypt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Fargrim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Alexander: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Eldeyr: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Mihstu 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Mihstu 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 1
Bold may go!
Crypt
???
Fargrim
???
Eldeyr
Alexander

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

Fargrim readies an attack against an obvious opponent, but sees none just yet...

readied attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

M Human Slayer (Ankou's Shadow) 1 HP:8/10 AC: 17 FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 5 Will: 1 Melee Attack: 2 Init: 5 Acrobatics: 5 Climb: 4 Disguise: 4 Knowledge (local): 6 Perception: 5 Sense Motive: 5 Stealth: 9 Survival: 5 Swim:

Crypt grabs the rope and takes a cue from Fargrim, readying himself for an attack against an enemy, should the Captain's fears come true.

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sovereign Court

Male Human Witch 4 - HP: 26/26 - Init: +2 - Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+4/+5 (+1 vs fear) - Perception: +2 - AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 12 - CMD: 15

Alexander braces himself and readies to give whatever threat materializes the ol' stink-eye.

Readying Evil Eye to reduce the attack bonus of the first enemy to get within 30 ft of Alexander. Will DC 18


Into the Unknown

Not knowing what's going on or what is coming, Eldeyr delays.

As you ready yourselves, vapor begins to pool down below the catwalks on which you stand, and Wulessa calls out again from the statue, "Here they come! Hold on, let me see if I can help you with something else..." Suddenly, a vial appears on the altar, a clear, shining liquid of swirling, changing color contained within. "Take this, I guess this is what happens when I try to cast a spell in here!"

There is a potion/oil sitting on the altar for you. You may choose what spell the potion contains from the following options (CL 8): blur, cure moderate wounds, enlarge person, or magic
weapon.

INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 2
Bold may go!
Crypt
Spooky vapors
Fargrim
More spooky vapors
Eldeyr
Alexander

The Exchange

CN Male elf ranger (transporter) 1/unchained rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC 20, T15, F15 | CMD: 18 (20 vs Grapple) | F +4, R +10, W +2 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Sneak Atk +2d6 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee +1 elven curve blade +10 (1d10+8/18-20) Ranged composite shortbow +8 (1d6/×3)
Other Skills:
Acro +12, Appraise +6, Climb +4, Disable D. +15, Escape A. +11, Know(Geo) +6, Know(Local) +9, Linguistics +9, Sleight of H. +12, Spellc. +6, Stealth +12, Survival +5, Swim +4, UMD +6

Delaying appeared to be the right answer for turn 1 =P, thanks GM!

"Can anyone see the guardians the VeeCee is talking about?"

Eldeyr pulls out his blade and takes one step towards the corner, waiting for the spooky vapors to pool below the Pathfinders.

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

Fargrim steps forward and takes a potion of blur from the altar and quickly drinks it.

Grand Lodge

M Human Slayer (Ankou's Shadow) 1 HP:8/10 AC: 17 FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 5 Will: 1 Melee Attack: 2 Init: 5 Acrobatics: 5 Climb: 4 Disguise: 4 Knowledge (local): 6 Perception: 5 Sense Motive: 5 Stealth: 9 Survival: 5 Swim:

Crypt continues to wait for an attack, though he cautiously moves closer to the catwalks, suspecting an attack from there.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Witch 4 - HP: 26/26 - Init: +2 - Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+4/+5 (+1 vs fear) - Perception: +2 - AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 12 - CMD: 15

"Naught but the pooling vapor, Eldeyr..."

Alexander moves up to the altar together with Fargrim.

Readying Evil Eye to reduce the attack bonus of the first enemy to get within 30 ft of Alexander. Will DC 18


Into the Unknown

"Here they come," shouts Wulessa, and indeed, her warnings finally seem to yield some result, as shapes begin to form in the smokes and vapors down below...

Alright, now the fight starts for real! Thanks for keeping on top of posting for these pre-fight rounds. Let's keep up the pace!

INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 3
Bold may go!
Crypt
Spooky vapor (yellow)
Fargrim
Spooky vapor (red)
Eldeyr
Alexander


Into the Unknown

Crypt delays

With surprising speed, a creature made of swirling white smoke, shot through with streaks of pale yellow, rises from the vapor below and moves toward you. As it approaches, a tendril of its smoky form coalesces into a kind of barbed talon, and it strikes out at Fargrim, who stands closest to the altar which it appears to be guarding. As it rises, Alexander's gaze turns upon the smoky creature, and it feels his power weaken its ability to attack with accuracy.

Will save vs Evil Eye (attack): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Tendril: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 2 = 15 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Luckily, Fargrim stands ready, and she avoids the attack. As she dodges the attack, however, a strange intuition comes to her.

Fargrim, please give me a will save

INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 3
Bold may go!
Crypt (delayed)
Spooky vapor (yellow) (Evil Eye -2 Att)
Fargrim (will save)
Spooky vapor (red)
Eldeyr
Alexander

Grand Lodge

M Human Slayer (Ankou's Shadow) 1 HP:8/10 AC: 17 FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 5 Will: 1 Melee Attack: 2 Init: 5 Acrobatics: 5 Climb: 4 Disguise: 4 Knowledge (local): 6 Perception: 5 Sense Motive: 5 Stealth: 9 Survival: 5 Swim:

Crypt moves to attack the creature of swirling vapor- he had waited for so long, but this was not the enemy he was expecting! The creature so shocks him his attack is momentarily halted, before charging forward again to attack.

melee Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Fargrim gazes in horror at the thing.


Into the Unknown

Despite the fear gripping her, Fargrim sees something that strikes her as odd about the cloudy being as it attacks her...

Fargrim:
The creature is somehow an illusion. Knowing this makes it weaker against you. Yay!

Crypt steps forward and swings his blade at the smoke monster, but his attack goes far wide of its mark. Still, something odd occurs to him as he interacts with it.

Crypt, please give me a Will save. If you hit DC 14, go ahead and read the spoiler I gave Fargrim above.

INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 3
Bold may go!
Spooky vapor (yellow) (Evil Eye -2 Att)
Crypt
Fargrim*
Spooky vapor (red)
Eldeyr
Alexander

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

"It's not really there.." says Fargrim. "Well, not fully anyway."

She lashes out with her starknife
attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

But as she does so, her attention is distracted by the crazy room and she misses badly.


Into the Unknown

Another creature forms from the smoke and flies up to attack Alexander, it's tendrils lashing out wickedly.

Tendril: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Grab: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

It strikes the wielder of the strange magic and wraps its tendril around his chest and arms, holding him in place!

Everyone who interacts with one of these (by attacking or being attacked), can give me a DC 14 Will save. If you pass, you disbelieve the creature's full existence.
@Alexander, typical grapple rules apply if you want to escape. Either an grapple check or escape artist to get out of there!"

INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 3
Bold may go!
Spooky vapor (yellow) (Evil Eye -2 Att)
Crypt
Fargrim*
Spooky vapor (red)
Eldeyr
Alexander (-4 hp, grappled)

Grand Lodge

M Human Slayer (Ankou's Shadow) 1 HP:8/10 AC: 17 FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 5 Will: 1 Melee Attack: 2 Init: 5 Acrobatics: 5 Climb: 4 Disguise: 4 Knowledge (local): 6 Perception: 5 Sense Motive: 5 Stealth: 9 Survival: 5 Swim:

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

It's an illusion! Crypt thinks to himself. I want to know how to do that.

The Exchange

CN Male elf ranger (transporter) 1/unchained rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC 20, T15, F15 | CMD: 18 (20 vs Grapple) | F +4, R +10, W +2 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Sneak Atk +2d6 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee +1 elven curve blade +10 (1d10+8/18-20) Ranged composite shortbow +8 (1d6/×3)
Other Skills:
Acro +12, Appraise +6, Climb +4, Disable D. +15, Escape A. +11, Know(Geo) +6, Know(Local) +9, Linguistics +9, Sleight of H. +12, Spellc. +6, Stealth +12, Survival +5, Swim +4, UMD +6

Chock runs around the gap in the floor, before trying to slash the mist dead... Can mist be killed? Guess I'll find out!

Attack; Damage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Good attack rolls were bound to end sometime xD Do I need to roll for will on a miss? Or I think it's a miss...

Just in case I need to roll the Will save, it's hidden here.:
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Sovereign Court

Male Human Witch 4 - HP: 26/26 - Init: +2 - Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+4/+5 (+1 vs fear) - Perception: +2 - AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 12 - CMD: 15

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"Ah! Get it off me!"

Knowing that he is not the brawniest of Pathfinders, Alexander tries to muddy the smoke monsters mind, if any.

Slumber hex. Will DC 18.
Also, I'd like to roll a knowledge check on it:
Knowledge (arcana/local/nature/planes): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Into the Unknown

A deep, rasping wheeze of laughter comes from the smoke surrounding Alexander as his hex fails to affect the creature, which he recognizes too late as a Mihstu, an elemental creature known for its deadly embrace. He knows that...

Defensive Abilities include "wind defense"; DR 10/magic; Immune electricity, elemental traits; SR 19
Wind Defense: The churning winds of a mihstu’s body automatically deflect nonmagical projectiles (such as arrows, bolts, and sling stones). All other ranged weapons (including magical projectiles and thrown weapons) have a 20% miss chance. Weapons of significant size, such as giant-thrown boulders, siege engine projectiles, and other massive ranged weapons are not affected by this ability.
@Alexander, you can ask me for one additional piece of information besides its defenses due to your high knowledge roll.

Unfortunately, Eldeyr's attack also misses its mark, leaving the mihstu to continue to hold tight to Alexander.

With Eldeyr and Alexander occupied, the yellow-streaked mihstu materializes more tendrils and spreads its vicious attacks out against both Crypt and Fargrim. It manages to strike both Pathfinders, but the sting of its wicked tendrils somehow doesn't hurt as much as they had assumed it would, based on the appearance of its appendages. It is real enough to grab hold of Crypt, however, keeping him from effectively using his deadly blade.

Tendril (C): 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 2 = 23 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Tendril (C): 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 - 2 = 31 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Tendril (F): 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 2 = 15 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Tendril (F): 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 2 = 30 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Grab (C): 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 2 = 29

INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 4
Bold may go!
Spooky vapor (yellow) (Evil Eye -2 Att)
Crypt* (-2 hp, grappled)
Fargrim* (-1 hp)

Spooky vapor (red)
Eldeyr*
Alexander (-4 hp, grappled)

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

Fargrim seeing things starting to go south, slashes again at the mist, hoping she can finish it off quickly.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Did you remember Fargrim is blurred?
miss on 01-20: 1d100 ⇒ 16

Sovereign Court

Male Human Witch 4 - HP: 26/26 - Init: +2 - Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+4/+5 (+1 vs fear) - Perception: +2 - AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 12 - CMD: 15

Special attacks, if any.


Into the Unknown

@Fargrim, sorry I had forgotten that! Looks like you took no damage then!
@Alexander, good choice!

Fargrim swings at the mihstu holding Crypt, but it bats away her weapon with one of its many tendrils.

As he struggles in the grasp of the mihstu, Alexander suddenly remembers that these particular elemental creatures are known for their deadly embrace. When a mihstu manages to embrace a foe with its body, it drains away the creature’s vital fluids at an alarming rate. These fluids churn in the creature’s body for a few rounds before spattering against nearby walls or on the floor—the mihstu seems to gain no nourishment from these fluids, so this attack may be nothing more than a favorite method of cruelty.

In other words, a mihstu that pins an opponent completely surrounds that creature and deals 1d2 Constitution damage every round as it siphons away blood, tears, and other vital fluids. Maintaining a pin is a free action for a mihstu and it does not gain the grappled condition (allowing it to attack other creatures with its tentacles).

INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 4
Bold may go!
Spooky vapor (yellow) (Evil Eye -2 Att)
Crypt* (-2 hp, grappled)
Fargrim*
Spooky vapor (red)
Eldeyr*
Alexander (-4 hp, grappled)

Grand Lodge

M Human Slayer (Ankou's Shadow) 1 HP:8/10 AC: 17 FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 5 Will: 1 Melee Attack: 2 Init: 5 Acrobatics: 5 Climb: 4 Disguise: 4 Knowledge (local): 6 Perception: 5 Sense Motive: 5 Stealth: 9 Survival: 5 Swim:

Crypt simply attempts to break free of the grapple, and attempts to wriggle free.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Despite the illusions, however, something prevents him from really thinking that it's not real. It just seems to to hold on so tight....


Into the Unknown

While Crypt struggles to free himself, the red-streaked mihstu moves to envelope Alexander completely in its embrace. As it does so, however, it opens itself to an attack from Eldeyr.

Grapple to pin: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 Alexander is now [url=http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/glossary.html#pinnedpinned[/url]!
@Crypt, you get an Attack of Opportunity against the mihstu. For whatever reason, it doesn't have Improved Grapple... ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

With Alexander fully in its grasp, the mihstu begins to siphon away his vitality.

Constitution damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 4
Bold may go!
Spooky vapor (yellow) (Evil Eye -2 Att)
Crypt* (-2 hp, grappled)
Fargrim*
Spooky vapor (red)
Eldeyr*
Alexander (-4 hp, -1 Con, pinned)

The Exchange

CN Male elf ranger (transporter) 1/unchained rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC 20, T15, F15 | CMD: 18 (20 vs Grapple) | F +4, R +10, W +2 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Sneak Atk +2d6 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee +1 elven curve blade +10 (1d10+8/18-20) Ranged composite shortbow +8 (1d6/×3)
Other Skills:
Acro +12, Appraise +6, Climb +4, Disable D. +15, Escape A. +11, Know(Geo) +6, Know(Local) +9, Linguistics +9, Sleight of H. +12, Spellc. +6, Stealth +12, Survival +5, Swim +4, UMD +6

The elf tries to take advantage of the mihstu's dropped guard, and then swings again for good measure.

AoO; Damage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 251d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Attack; Damage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d10 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Sovereign Court

Male Human Witch 4 - HP: 26/26 - Init: +2 - Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+4/+5 (+1 vs fear) - Perception: +2 - AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 12 - CMD: 15

"Be quick, Eldeyr," Alexander manages to shout as the mihstu envelops him. He then stares at it in an attempt to help the elf.

Evil Eye on red to lower its AC for 9 rounds. A Will DC 18 reduces it to 1 round.


Into the Unknown

The mihstu reels as Eldeyr's magical blade cuts through it. Against all expectations, the blade doesn't simply pass through the smoky body of the elemental, but seems to catch and tear its very form and substance. With a couple quick strikes, the mihstu grasping Alexander dissipates and fades from view.

While Alexander's immediate danger is over, however, Crypt is still in great peril, as his mihstu moves to engulf him entirely.

Grapple to pin, evil eye: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 2 = 23

@Fargrim gets an attack of opportunity against the mihstu if she is wielding a weapon.

It is easily able to trap Crypt, and begins to siphon away his blood, his sweat, every bit of vital fluid within him, to slowly and cruelly kill him.

Constitution damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Pinned condition

[ooc]INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 5
Bold may go!
Spooky vapor (yellow) (Evil Eye -2 Att)
Crypt* (-2 hp, -2 Con, pinned)
Fargrim*
Eldeyr*
Alexander (-4 hp, -1 Con)

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Fargrim lashes out when the creatures gives an opening, but can't make the most of her opportunity.

She steps sideways to allow the others to benefit from a flank, and then stabs it again.
attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
But that attack is no better.

Arghh, give me at least double digits RNG

Grand Lodge

M Human Slayer (Ankou's Shadow) 1 HP:8/10 AC: 17 FF: 14 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 5 Will: 1 Melee Attack: 2 Init: 5 Acrobatics: 5 Climb: 4 Disguise: 4 Knowledge (local): 6 Perception: 5 Sense Motive: 5 Stealth: 9 Survival: 5 Swim:

Crypt passes out when the creature attacks.

Con check to Stabilize, Con Drain, -1 HP: 1d20 + 0 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 0 - 1 - 1 = 17

Sovereign Court

Male Human Witch 4 - HP: 26/26 - Init: +2 - Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+4/+5 (+1 vs fear) - Perception: +2 - AC: 14, T: 13, FF: 12 - CMD: 15

Alexander moves past crypt, drawing a wand as he goes. He then stares as the surviving mihstu in an attempt to help the others kill it.

Evil Eye on yellow to lower its AC for 9 rounds. A Will DC 18 reduces it to 1 round.


Into the Unknown

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 FAIL!

The mihstu seems to recoil and lose some of its shifting, unpredictable nature as Alexander turns an eye upon it. It is too late, however, as the elemental has already knocked Crypt unconscious. Thankfully, the young human is stout of heart, and he is able to hold onto life despite his lack of consciousness. Now it falls to the rest of you to finish the creature off!

[ooc]INITIATIVE
Echo of Exploration - Round 5
Bold may go!
Spooky vapor (yellow) (Evil Eye -2 Att (practically forever)/-2 AC (9 rounds))
Crypt* (-2 hp, -2 Con, unconscious, stable)
Fargrim*
Eldeyr*
Alexander (-4 hp, -1 Con)

The Exchange

CN Male elf ranger (transporter) 1/unchained rogue 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC 20, T15, F15 | CMD: 18 (20 vs Grapple) | F +4, R +10, W +2 | Init: +10 | Perc: +10, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft | Sneak Atk +2d6 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee +1 elven curve blade +10 (1d10+8/18-20) Ranged composite shortbow +8 (1d6/×3)
Other Skills:
Acro +12, Appraise +6, Climb +4, Disable D. +15, Escape A. +11, Know(Geo) +6, Know(Local) +9, Linguistics +9, Sleight of H. +12, Spellc. +6, Stealth +12, Survival +5, Swim +4, UMD +6

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Running and tumbling over a languishing Crypt, Eldeyr gets closer to the mihstu before striking the creature for the first time.

Can it be flanked? Is it immune to precision damage? Just asking because it didn't come up with the first one, I won't add the flanking bonus to attack, and will roll Sneak Attack on a spoiler for this round.

Attack; Damage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 181d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

If not immune:
+2 flanking bonus to hit, and Sneak Attack: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7


Into the Unknown

As an elemental it is immune to both flanking and precision damage, but...

Once again, Eldeyr proves to the the deliverance his company needs as he brings his enchanted blade around in a deadly arc to slice the mihstu into ribbons of slowly fading vapors.

COMBAT OVER!!!

From her place in the statue, the face of Wulessa Yuul breathes a sigh of relief. ”Thank goodness those were only shadows of their true forms! You did well, but the real thing is much deadlier, trust me. Now, how to get you out of here...” The venture captain gazed around the room, then an idea occurs to her! ”Ah! The relic! See if it’s there. We found it inside the altar. It was a golden artifact of some sort....”

Liberty's Edge

HP 45/45; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6; Discern lies 6/6; Reroll @+4 1/1; Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5; AC 18(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +6*| Ref +2*| Will +9* (* +1 for each adjacent ally)| Init +4 | Perc +15|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+25 vs first attack)

"First..." Fargrim goes over to Crypt to try and work out why he is unconscious.

"Several of us have minor wounds..." she notes in passing.

She places a gentle hand on Crypt, restoring some of his health.

lesser restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Con restored.

201 to 250 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Mjolbeard's "Between the Lines" (#7-01) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.