[PFS] GM Livgin Silverhex (Inactive)

Game Master DM Livgin

Silverhex Chronicles [PFS]
Maps and Notes


1 to 50 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Silverhex Maps

.


Test

The Exchange

Your instructions were clear but not very helpful.

"Field Agent"

"The Pathfinder Agent Ulisha has gone underground (figuratively) in the River Kingdoms after provoking an unknown enemy. She intends to pay off the assassins on her trail but needs the Society's help in amassing the required gold to buy out her contract."

"The Society is no charity for Agents who step on too many toes, but this is an opportunity for mutual back scratching. Cooperation. I have negotiated with Ulisha the sale of an artifact known as Silverhex, in exchange for the timely delivery of a down payment, she is offering a discounted price on the artifact and the locations of several profitable leads that she had earmarked for a rainy day."

"I have delivered Ulisha's journal with the profitable leads marked to a contact in Gralton. Go to the Black Boar within Gralton, rendezvous with the rest of your team, and collect the journal from my contact. From there follow the profitable leads until you have amassed a suitable down payment. Do not approach Ulisha until you have collected an adequate payment."

"Speak to the the barkeep at the Black Boar, he is my contact. The sign is 'Open Road', the countersign is 'Moustache Wax'."

"Respectfully,"
"Trade Prince Val Covan, Field Agent"

It is late afternoon as you arrive in Gralton, and the Black Boar sits on a major trade street and is impossible to miss.

Meet your team, collect the journal, we will begin the first quest once everyone is settled in.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Catfolk Brawler 2 | HP: 7/20 12 NL | Init: +5 Perception: +1 | AC: 19 T: 15 FF: 14 CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 Refl: +8 Will: -1 | Unarmed Strike +7 [1d6+1] | Martial Flexibility [3/4]

The tavern doors burst open, and a shorter woman of lean muscle enters with a glowing grin. Her long curly blond hair falls to the middle of her back, and her tail swishes happily as she comes in the door. Scanning the room with her piercing blue eyes, she quickly spots the barkeep and sits comfortably at the bar. "Ayla hear you have good drink here! Came down Open Road for best drink in Gralton! Ayla bring many shiny stone!"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +3, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +7, AC 14/ touch 14/ ff 11; hp 8/8, F+2, R+3, W+5, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

An 8-foot tall treant sapling ducks under the door frame to enter and approaches the back row of the party. Hanging by her tail on one of the treant's upper branches is a very shy petite varana female who has partially taken refuge behind the sentient plant's foliage. Upon hearing the loud voices inside the establishment she further retreats in the treant's leafy canopy, eyeing all Pathfinder Agents furtively.

As far as my character goes, there will be only one counter on the map: my treant is 8 foot tall and my petite vanara female just hangs off its branches at all times via Tree Hanger feat. Basically the tree does the walking and she hangs out, casting the occasional spell. :) I'm roleplaying her 5 charisma as extreme, almost debilitating shyness accompanied by stuttering; if this makes any players uncomfortable please let me know and I will take another approach. She's highly nimble but very weak physically, trusting her treant sapling Lakadee to handle most physically demanding tasks. Some kind of bag or backpack seems to be stuffed between some of the treant's upper branches as well, almost impossible to spot.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

Janus had travelled far, only to come home again. The Dragon Empires did have weapon masters, and Janus even trained at the House of the Jade Ogre. But the fighting schools in Quain seemed more interested in showmanship than results.

In Thuvia, pre-occupation with hidden knowledge was a gateway to unholy corruption. In the desert it was difficult to connect with the Green.

We should not be surprised to find that there is work for us in the River Kingdoms. We will learn things that our training here did not cover. We will defend the Green.

A tall, lean, androgynous-looking Ulfen rises from a seat near the bar. "We also walked the Open Road. It has been long. We are thirsty." He wears black-and-white checked traveller's clothing over a chain shirt. He pulls back his hood to reveal shoulder-length stark white hair, with several black streaks running through it. His eyes are ice-blue. At his feet, under the seat, is a small reptile, a long-snouted dwarf caiman. Its scales are a black-and-white checker pattern, and its eyes are the same shade of ice-blue as the Ulfen's.

Janus is sexless, like his deity, but I'll probably stick to masculine pronouns. Janus refers to himself in the first person plural, being unable to distinguish between the human and the familiar (the croc).


Silverhex Maps

The barkeep makes his rounds with warm mead and hot stew, you are among many travellers stopping in for supper. "Welcome to the Black Boar, try the stew it is a fresh boar from this morning."

Outside the rain had just stopped, "A man from Absalom told me Moustache Wax is great for waterproofing your boots and cloak, works like magic. Been doing it ever since. Here, try it yourself, on the house." And the barkeep passes over a wrapped bundle of 'Moustache Wax'. It is thin and square.

"There are a couple private dining rooms in the back if you wish." He glances between the catfolk, the treant, and the pale ulfen. "The locals can be bigoted sometimes. I'll send the others your way"

The journal

Grand Lodge

M Human (Ulfen) Cleric 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 (T11, FF16, CMD 12) | F +5, R +1, W +5 | Mv 30' | Channel 2/4 | Luck 5/6 | Agile 6/6 | Perc +4

Another Ulfen sits nearby. Like Janus, he is also tall and fairly lean, but Mohag is bearded and wears a fur cloak of a more traditional Ulfen style. He regards Janus's black-and-white checkered outfit with some curiosity.
"I have heard that too, of Moustache Wax. Come, let us move to the private dining rooms."
Mohag is not that likely to draw attention, but his colleagues are indeed exotic sorts.

He leaves the barkeep two silver and takes a mead and stew to the back.

Silver Crusade

[retired]

A serene-looking, slender young man enters the bar quietly. If it weren't for the variety of races already in attendance, he would seem out of place. His sky-blue skin and dark blue eyes mark him as a samsaran. He wears his shoulder length black hair tied behind his head plainly, and he is dressed in simple robes (although an uncomfortable looking mitre balances precariously atop his head). Around his neck is a weathered wooden holy symbol of an eye between a pair of wings.

He gingerly unstraps an overloaded backpack and thoughtfully sets it down at the bar before speaking somewhat nervously, "Salvete! Salvete! How good it is to rest a bit. The Open Road, it is harsh on simple footwear."

After the barkeep suggests the booth in the back, the young man approaches the group as nervously as he did when he first walked in the bar, "Aroden vobiscum! My name is Eliphaz! How is everyone on this day?"

If you speak Azlanti:
"Salvete" is the equivalent of "Greetings", and "Aroden vobiscum" translates as "Aroden be with you" (I'm using Google Translate for Latin)

Grand Lodge

M Human (Ulfen) Cleric 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 (T11, FF16, CMD 12) | F +5, R +1, W +5 | Mv 30' | Channel 2/4 | Luck 5/6 | Agile 6/6 | Perc +4

Hmm. We are a most unusual group, aren't we?
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Is that the holy symbol of Aroden? On a Samsaran? How interesting. I wonder if he knows that Aroden Reincarnated fellow.
Another PFS character of mine. Would be funny to have them on a mission together.
"I am well, thank you. And you?"

Dark Archive

Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

"Eliphaz. We are Janus Grey. We make endings."

An Ulfen. But he does not wear the garb of home. A native ancestor? We would like to visit the North. Janus the human gazes down at Janus the crocodile, then back up at Mohag. But we must prepare for a colder climate.

"Du er ikke fra Uringen."

skald:
"You are not from Uringen."

It is a statement, rather than a question.

Janus tucks into his boar stew, feeding chunks of meat to his reptilian aspect. Deducting a couple of silvers to pay the barkeep.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (Ulfen) Cleric 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 (T11, FF16, CMD 12) | F +5, R +1, W +5 | Mv 30' | Channel 2/4 | Luck 5/6 | Agile 6/6 | Perc +4

"Oh, yes, where are my manners? I am Mohag."
Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Uringen? Never heard of it. Strange fellow.

Dark Archive

Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

On the subject of obscure religions, you may notice that Janus' cloak clasp is in the form of two hands grasping the opposing forearm.

knowledge (religion) DC15:
The clasp is a holy symbol of Imbrex, Eldest of endings, twins and statues.

Do inquisitors need a divine focus for spellcasting? This is my first inquisitor. The PRD doesn't seem to specify.

Grand Lodge

M Human (Ulfen) Cleric 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 (T11, FF16, CMD 12) | F +5, R +1, W +5 | Mv 30' | Channel 2/4 | Luck 5/6 | Agile 6/6 | Perc +4

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Ah, fey-touched. That explains it. The First World would be an interesting place to explore, but I do not think I would come back unchanged.
Mohag's own holy symbol is the far more familiar butterfly.

Silver Crusade

[retired]
Mohag the Wanderer wrote:
"I am well, thank you. And you?"

"Geesh! This is the farthest... I... have travelled from Kortos!"

Eliphaz leans over to remove a slipper, but nearly loses his mitre in the process! It's all a rather embarrassing collection of movement.

Eventually, as he massages the bottom of one foot, he adds, "My poor feet! Dolor! I have not walked this much over unpaved roads since my Confirmation! Oh! But what have we here?"

He reaches for the journal and begins turning the pages.

If you speak Azlanti:
"Geesh" is an audible exhalation of exhaustion, and "Dolor" is an expression of physical discomfort and/or pain.

Dark Archive

Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

"Walk any road, float any river. The third of the River Freedoms. Better get used to unpaved roads in the River Kingdoms, Eliphaz. Nobody's paying for paving. Tolls are illegal, so nobody raises money for paving. Rivers are faster anyway. If you have your own boat, you're a king.

We are from Uringen, in the Embeth Forest. Scarce forty leagues east from here."

Silver Crusade

[retired]

"Ah! I shall meditate on it when my focus is not needed elsewhere. I may have a memor... Oh! What nice teeth you have!"

With eyes lacking pupils or irises, you can't tell whether he's addressing the reptile or the human...

Grand Lodge

Human Swashbuckler 18/18 HP | 18 AC | 14 Tch | 14 Flt | +3 Initative | +5 Perception | +1 Fort | +6 Ref | +0 Will | +6 MW Silver Rapier 1d6+1 18-20x2 | +5 Cold Iron Dart 1d5+1 20ft | 4/4 Panache | 3/3 Charmed Life | 2/2 Cold Iron Darts

A straggler joins the group. Pretty forgettable looking with brown hair and eyes and nothing of particular note. He has a bow and quiver with scimitar at his side. He mumbles as he enters.

Sorry, sorry. I got a little turned around." before getting himself together and look at the group with a broad smile.

"Name's Herman. Nice to meet you all. Boy I do get to meet a diverse group of people in the society."

Liberty's Edge

CG Female Catfolk Brawler 2 | HP: 7/20 12 NL | Init: +5 Perception: +1 | AC: 19 T: 15 FF: 14 CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 Refl: +8 Will: -1 | Unarmed Strike +7 [1d6+1] | Martial Flexibility [3/4]

Ayla's eyes narrow as the rest of her soon-to-be compatriots arrive. "Ayla no get it. What funny hat for cold man? Lizard dinner later? How you make Wood Man walk? Fire scary Wood Man? Why you wear bug around neck?"

Obviously confused, she begins to flip through the journal before obviously getting frustrated. "Cold man, What book say? You need Ayla Smash? You tell Ayla when smash?" Alya then promptly thrusts the book toward Eliphaz, before finally noticing Vina. "You be Ayla Friend?"

Dark Archive

Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

is it a fey? know.nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"What are you?" Janus addresses the walking tree. "Vi serverer den grønne"

sylvan:
"We serve the Green."

Silver Crusade

[retired]
Ayla Brawler wrote:
"Ayla no get it. What funny hat for cold man?"

Eliphaz fidgets with his mitre again, "That question is actually rather humorous and multifaceted. This... "hat"... is a recent acquisition. And it was worn by a woman before it fell into my possession. The entire outfit is rather ill fitting. But it is part of my past, and I am deign to experience it."

Ayla Brawler wrote:
"Cold man, What book say?"

"It is a rather... Unruly request. We are being tasked with procuring an item from a deceased individual. Ironically just as humorous and multifaceted as your earlier question."

He fidgets with his mitre again.

"Might anyone know about these two families who are at odds?"

Grand Lodge

Companion to Vina Sitha | Male N Sapling Treant Plant Companion | HD 2 | HP 11/11 | AC 11 T 10 FF 11 | CMD 13 | F +4 R +3 W +1 | Init +0 | Low Light Vision, Perc +1 | Speed 30 ft Climb 30 ft | Special Attack: double damage against objects
Janus Grey wrote:
"What are you?" Janus addresses the walking tree.

"..."

Lakadee slowly turns his head towards Janus, and stares blankly. He then extends an arm in a beam of sunlight filtering through the window, and he starts to sway gently, while Vina constantly fidget around him, climbing all over his trunk and upper branches.

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +3, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +7, AC 14/ touch 14/ ff 11; hp 8/8, F+2, R+3, W+5, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

You notice Vina is not missing a word of what's being said, yet she's constantly fidgeting and darting left and right. She remains half hidden in the treant leaves, and as she listens to the Pathfinders she nervously starts chewing on one of Lakadee's small branch. The treant sapling's eyes widen and he shakes his leafy head in protest, and the vanara jumps to the ground and backflips a few steps away from the offended plant. A few moments later she shamefully returns and after tentatively prodding Lakadee for permission she climbs back on top of him.

Silver Crusade

[retired]

"It is sometimes difficult, I have noticed, to distinguish exactly who is a Pathfinder, based solely on appearance."

Eliphaz peers into the canopy.

"Either way, I think she might be able to help us with this particular task. She's clearly good at squeezing into hard to reach places."

Dark Archive

Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

"Do not harm the Green! We are sworn to defend it."

Janus (both the human and the reptile) snaps at Vina, then turns back to Eliphaz. "This town, Gralton, is full of exiles from Galt. Every man and his dog claims a noble title. None of them mean anything. They are here because in the River Kingdoms, they live free."

"This Ulisha is a thief. You have what you hold. If you can take it and hold onto it, it's yours. What we take is ours. If we choose to barter with Ulisha for this Silverhex once we've found her hidden prizes, well that is what the Society is asking for."


Silverhex Maps

Having made introductions and reviewed the journal, you are able to easily find your way the the first promising lead: the Tullivor Mausoleum.

The sun is setting low as you arrive at the Gralton Cemetery, finding the gates ajar and guards absent.

knowledge(local) 10:
It is odd that there are no guards. Any cemetery of this size should have a token guard to discourage grave robbing.

To your left is the Tullivor Mausoleum, this baroque marble tomb clamors for attention like a gaudy flag waving for a once noble house. Its most audacious feature is a sculpted badger that looms, gargoyle-like, above the door. The iron door is decorated not only with the Tullivor name and crest, but also with an elaborate arcane rune.

detect magic + knowledge(arcane) 16:
The rune gives off a faint evocation aura.

A few steps in front of the Tullivor Mausoleum is a human body slumped over a small marble pedestal.

Grand Lodge

Human Swashbuckler 18/18 HP | 18 AC | 14 Tch | 14 Flt | +3 Initative | +5 Perception | +1 Fort | +6 Ref | +0 Will | +6 MW Silver Rapier 1d6+1 18-20x2 | +5 Cold Iron Dart 1d5+1 20ft | 4/4 Panache | 3/3 Charmed Life | 2/2 Cold Iron Darts

"Right so this is the place I guess?"

He looks at his companions again and is... well... mostly confused by his companions. So many races of the world and so many I have not seen. So many races know nothing of... best to keep my council to myself..

He particularly watches the druid and shaman, having never seen quite such exotic people before.

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +3, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +7, AC 14/ touch 14/ ff 11; hp 8/8, F+2, R+3, W+5, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

Lakadee smiles as she catches Herman stare at her naked furred body. She turns to stare at the arcane rune, and her smile disappears as she utters a few strange words while wiggling her nimble, long fingers in a complicated pattern. She brings her fingers to her temples and her eyes start glowing blue. Thus empowered she utters another syllable and puts both hands, palms outward towards the mausoleum's rune.

Detect Magic + Guidance + Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17

"ਧਿਆਨ ਨਾਲ ਅੱਗੇ ਵਧਣ ਦੇ ਬਾਰੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਹੈ!!!" says Vina, appearing worried.

Grand Lodge

M Human (Ulfen) Cleric 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 (T11, FF16, CMD 12) | F +5, R +1, W +5 | Mv 30' | Channel 2/4 | Luck 5/6 | Agile 6/6 | Perc +4

"Look! Is that person in need of help, or are they beyond helping?"
Mohag points at the body slumped over the pedestal.
As he approaches to look at the body, he says a quick prayer and examines the ground for tracks.
Survival, Guidance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Silverhex Maps

The body is obviously dead, slumped face down over a marble pedestal. You can see fresh blood on the ground.

Mohag / survival 10:
Someone must have stepped in the blood, as you can make out bloody footprints leaving the bust and heading to the west. They are accompanied by deep hoofprints also.

Liberty's Edge

CG Female Catfolk Brawler 2 | HP: 7/20 12 NL | Init: +5 Perception: +1 | AC: 19 T: 15 FF: 14 CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 Refl: +8 Will: -1 | Unarmed Strike +7 [1d6+1] | Martial Flexibility [3/4]

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Ayla follows Mohag up to the Marble Pedestal, goes hands-and-knees to the ground looking at the blood marked footsteps.
"Footsteps! We follow?"

Silver Crusade

[retired]

"Oh, dear. How terrible!"

Eliphaz draws out a pearlescent wand as he rushes over to the slumped body, but quickly realizes it is too late.

"Be careful. This blood looks fresh. Here, Ayla, a word of encouragement..."

Eliphaz casts Guidance on Ayla.

Dark Archive

Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

Janus is taken aback when Vina's first words summon magic. A realisation dawns on him.

"You are a Keeper of the Green? We will defend you!"

know.local, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 3
survival, take 10: 10 + 6 = 16

"One humanoid and one horse. The rider dismounted. Someone else looking for Tullivor's treasure."

Janus readies his double flail, and casts Guidance upon himself.

Grand Lodge

Human Swashbuckler 18/18 HP | 18 AC | 14 Tch | 14 Flt | +3 Initative | +5 Perception | +1 Fort | +6 Ref | +0 Will | +6 MW Silver Rapier 1d6+1 18-20x2 | +5 Cold Iron Dart 1d5+1 20ft | 4/4 Panache | 3/3 Charmed Life | 2/2 Cold Iron Darts

Herman squirms that he was caught staring. I hope she doesn't.... ok get to work.

"Killed with tracks? If they are looking for the same thing lets see if we can catch up."

He quickly searches the body for any other information.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +3, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +7, AC 14/ touch 14/ ff 11; hp 8/8, F+2, R+3, W+5, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

"ਧਿਆਨ ਨਾਲ ਅੱਗੇ... s-s-sorry... I-I m-meant: careful, e-evocation lie ahead!" says Vina, now in Taldane but with a heavy Vudrani accent as she points towards the mausoleum's arcane rune.


Silverhex Maps

As Herman turns over the corpse, you reveal that he was slumped against a blood covered marble bust. As the body is set on the ground you hear an arrogant voice ”“When the last sun falls upon this spot, receive my thanks.” The voice sounded like it came from the marble bust.

knowledge(arcane) 22:
It appears you have triggered a magic mouth spell.

The body itself is of a finely dressed young adult male. His face has been scratched and his clothes are stained with blood in multiple locations.

perception 10:
He has a silver belt buckle stylized as a badger, it closely matches the badger on the Tullivor Mausoleum. His face also has the same sunken cheek bones and large nose as the marble bust. This must be a member of the Tullivor family.

knowledge(nobility) 15:
The badger is the Tullivor sigil, and this must be Northis Tullivor. Last son of the deceased Laban Tullivor

heal or perception 15 (use same perception roll):
Deep scratches on the face aside, this man died of repeated stab wounds, likely from a short sword.

survival or knowledge(nature) 15:
Those deep scratches on his face, you’ve seen the like before hunting rabbits. Those are from a hawk.

Dark Archive

Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

perception, take 10: 10 + 8 = 18
survival, take 10: 10 + 6 = 16

"One of the Tullivors. Stab wounds, here and here, from a piercing blade. Killer wanted to get up close. Scratches from a raptor, probably a hawk. A noble's pet. Likely that one of the Sarvios did this, and recently. Question is, did Sarvio leave with the treasure or is it still inside the mausoleum?

Green-Keeper, was that voice from the bust the evocation you sensed? We can sense magic too, but we have too little lore to make that determination."

Janus also casts Detect Magic and scans the bust and mausoleum. No knowledge (arcana) or spellcraft yet though.

Grand Lodge

Human Swashbuckler 18/18 HP | 18 AC | 14 Tch | 14 Flt | +3 Initative | +5 Perception | +1 Fort | +6 Ref | +0 Will | +6 MW Silver Rapier 1d6+1 18-20x2 | +5 Cold Iron Dart 1d5+1 20ft | 4/4 Panache | 3/3 Charmed Life | 2/2 Cold Iron Darts

"Yes, there is a clear resemblance between the corpse and the bust."

He shrugs and looks around. "I don't think there is much more to be gained from this poor fellow."

Grand Lodge

M Human (Ulfen) Cleric 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 (T11, FF16, CMD 12) | F +5, R +1, W +5 | Mv 30' | Channel 2/4 | Luck 5/6 | Agile 6/6 | Perc +4

Reacting to the post in the Discussion thread that I think was for Gameplay.
Mohag draws his crossbow and whispers to his companions.
"There. Behind the masoleum. The killer? Should we outflank her so she can't escape?"

Silver Crusade

[retired]

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Heh. Would have rather had that for Initiative =P

Eliphaz, also next to the body, whispers to those close by, "I think I see our murderer hiding behind the mausoleum. And a hawk watching us so intently cannot be coincidence. Be vigilant."

EDIT: HA! We were even posting at the same time =P

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +3, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +7, AC 14/ touch 14/ ff 11; hp 8/8, F+2, R+3, W+5, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Heal/Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Vina appears confused a little, and focuses a lot of her time on the deceased man's belt buckle.

Psychometry/Appraise + Guidance for 1min: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

Seeing that she can't read anything out of the buckle, she closes her eyes and starts examining the dead man's skull.

Phrenology/Knowledge Arcana + Guidance for 1min ==> 1d20+6+1 [Secret GM roll required]

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +3, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +7, AC 14/ touch 14/ ff 11; hp 8/8, F+2, R+3, W+5, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.
Janus Grey wrote:
Green-Keeper, was that voice from the bust the evocation you sensed? We can sense magic too, but we have too little lore to make that determination."

"I-I-I'm n-not sure... bb-but I don't think so. M-magic mm-mouth type spells sh-should be illusions yes?"

Dark Archive

Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

"Mohag, Herman, can you hit the hawk with your bows? It looks too far for a javelin. Deprive the killer of her eyes, she will likely attempt to flee. We can outrun a horse, with a little magic. Say the word, and we will make our spell."

Expeditious Retreat seems appropriate for flushing out our foe.

Vina Sitha wrote:
"I-I-I'm n-not sure... bb-but I don't think so. M-magic mm-mouth type spells sh-should be illusions yes?"

"We do not know, Green-Keeper. We must learn."

Liberty's Edge

CG Female Catfolk Brawler 2 | HP: 7/20 12 NL | Init: +5 Perception: +1 | AC: 19 T: 15 FF: 14 CMD: 18 | Fort: +5 Refl: +8 Will: -1 | Unarmed Strike +7 [1d6+1] | Martial Flexibility [3/4]

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Surprisingly quiet for her normal brash attitude, Ayla whispers "Ayla quiet! Sneak to tail for surprise!" before starting to stealthily make her way over to the 'hidden' other occupant of the graveyard

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +3, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +7, AC 14/ touch 14/ ff 11; hp 8/8, F+2, R+3, W+5, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

Vina wince upon hearing Janus speak of shooting the eagle.

Grand Lodge

M Human (Ulfen) Cleric 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 (T11, FF16, CMD 12) | F +5, R +1, W +5 | Mv 30' | Channel 2/4 | Luck 5/6 | Agile 6/6 | Perc +4

Mohag aims his crossbow at the bird.
"Yes, I could. But it's possible she had just cause. I don't wish to strike first unless I know otherwise. But your spell of swiftness is warranted."

Dark Archive

Human (ulfen) Inquisitor (green faith marshal, sanctified slayer) 3 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 30/30 | F +5 R +3 W +5 | CMD 17 | Init +4 | Perc +8 (+10) | Spells (-,4/4)

"If you wish to parley, do so now before Ayla makes her presence felt."

Seeing Vina's reaction, Janus responds: "Every ending is a beginning, Green-Keeper. Its blood and bones will feed the Green, as will yours and ours."

Janus casts Expeditious Retreat on himself.

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +3, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +7, AC 14/ touch 14/ ff 11; hp 8/8, F+2, R+3, W+5, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

Vina approaches within 30 feet of the bird carefully, and even though she's more at ease with plants, she tries to extend her powers over nature towards it.

Here goes nothing...

Green Empathy, druid 1, Cha -3, -4 vs. animals: 1d20 + 1 - 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 3 - 4 = -1

And that is why, folks, you have a moral obligation to trade out this dreadful class feature if you ever can... my toon is still at 1 xp: any other archetype that would stack with this one? If you know of one please let me know in the discussion thread! :)

Grand Lodge

Female N Varana Druid 1 (Supernaturalist) - Init. +3, Senses Low-Light Vision Perception +7, AC 14/ touch 14/ ff 11; hp 8/8, F+2, R+3, W+5, Speed 30 ft., Climb 20 ft.

Upon hearing Janus, Vina thinks ...in countless books and stories I've seen this train of thought from self-styled defenders of nature; a lack of actual love for nature and a dispassionate cold-hearted approach to killing animals; death is part of nature, but nature does not kill when it is convenient, just when it is necessary...

"I-if the kk-k-killer uses an eagle for eyes, isn't the k-killer one of our druid colleagues? let's he-hear him out!"

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Human (Ulfen) Cleric 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 (T11, FF16, CMD 12) | F +5, R +1, W +5 | Mv 30' | Channel 2/4 | Luck 5/6 | Agile 6/6 | Perc +4

Well you do have a truly abysmal Cha, and an archetype that makes the ability worse, AND a bad die roll.

When Mohag judges that Ayla is around the other side of the masoleum (in case the killer bolts), he'll speak up.

"Come out. We have found your victim and your tracks. We know you are there. Why have you done this?"

As Janus says, better to talk before Ayla starts combat; I get the sense she can be a little bit impulsive.

1 to 50 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Livgin Silverhex Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.