Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM kuey's The Confirmation (#5-08) - PbP GD6

Game Master kuey

maps and handouts

Janira's bag of wondrous items

Aroden's Blessings:

Farmer: Completing this ritual grants all of the PCs a +1 luck bonus on Fortitude saves against poison.
Scholar: Completing this ritual grants all of the PCs a +1 competence bonus on Knowledge checks made to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures.
Soldier: Completing this ritual grants each PC a +1 insight bonus to AC if she has taken damage since the start of her last turn.


1 to 50 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Please ninja dot here so that it would appear in your campaign page, i.e. submit a "dot" post then delete it. So that it won't clog up the gameplay thread. Thanks!

Sovereign Court

Ok, I am going to start mustering, and for early role-play. But we won't start proper until 25 Aug.

The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: "Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig’s Paunch one hour before dawn."

The Pig’s Paunch is a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, arms folded above a corpulent belly. Inside, the air is thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food. In various corners of the room are inebriates sleeping off their revelries from last night. A serving boy who is practically sleep-walking is the only attendant in the shop. He looks up at some surprise at visitors at such an early hour, but is clearly too sleepy to care very much. He wanders over to take your orders.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

Grey vigorously pulls out chair from the table and throws himself in to it with a thud. He than kicks his feet up on to the table and leans back in the chair with his hands interlocked behind his head.

"Breakfast lad, anything will do. Except pork, offends Lucy's sensibilities." barks Grey gesturing towards the scared boar that followed him in and took up rest at the foot of the table. "And trust me lad you never want to offend her sensibilities." The boar makes a well timed snort as if in response to Grey's comment.

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

A young human woman of some obvious Varisian heritage strolls into the bar, absentmindedly tossing a dagger in the air in front of her. She glances around the tavern with a mild shrug before sitting herself down at the bar without ordering, "Just waiting for some...friends." She sleepily murmurs to the barkeep, then asks with a smirk, "Say, is that boar some kind of mascot?"

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli 12/12hp| AC19 T14 FF16| Fort +4* Ref +5* Will +2*| Init +3; Perception +6

A small figure moves into the room. His bulging eyes on the lookout for signs of movement.

He wears basic leathers and has a simple bow looped around his torso, a quiver hanging by his hip, jammed packed with arrows.

Not knowing any better the young Grippli hops up onto the counter next to the varisian woman, and rest back on his haunches. Are you pathfinder? I supposed to meet pathfinder here.

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

Suddenly the door swings open and another ranger enters the bar. His eyes dart around the room, scanning all the occupants.

"I guess you all got the invitation as well, right? No one in his right mind would get out of bed for breakfast at such an ungodly hour otherwise!" He lets out a deep laugh, and joins the others.

Sovereign Court

Grey Stoneside wrote:
"Breakfast lad, anything will do. Except pork, offends Lucy's sensibilities." barks Grey gesturing towards the scared boar that followed him in and took up rest at the foot of the table. "And trust me lad you never want to offend her sensibilities." The boar makes a well timed snort as if in response to Grey's comment.

The boy rubs his eyes groggily and retreats back to the kitchen. Shortly after, he brings out a plate of a few slices of stale bread, and a few links of rock-hard sausages. When you query what it is made of, he shrugs and just answers sleepily, "Meat." He then unsteadily wanders over to the other guests.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

Grey devours the bread and sausages and comments "Meat is right, nothing else you could call it."

The hunter than pops up from the table, looks about and spots a half empty mug of ale at a tables where one of the inebriates is sleeping off his revelry from the previous night. Taking a detour to grab the ale, Grey makes his way over to the bar where the rest of the Pathfinders have gathered.

Downing the ale in one gulp and slamming the mug down onto the counter Grey lets out a large burp. "Hmm, the ale taste like the meat" he says to himself before looking to the group "Pathfinders huh? Names Grey, the lazy slab of meat under the table there is Lucy."

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

The woman nods to the grippli, perhaps staring a little too long at him, "Yeah, I just hope there is a good reason for having to get here so early."

As Nerias makes his entrance and Grey moves to the bar, she introduces herself, "Natalia, pleasure to meet you all."

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli 12/12hp| AC19 T14 FF16| Fort +4* Ref +5* Will +2*| Init +3; Perception +6

Well, what sort thing society do? My village elder say they sending me as favor for help rendered to my tribe. The young grippli explains, I no argue, it honor to be sent on task from elder.

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

"Explore, Report, Cooperate. At least that's what they tell me." Natalia airily replies to grippli, "It's the same as being an adventurer, except you have bosses to answer to. Although if your heart's not it, it's not worth the trouble."

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

"Well, at least we'll be in a party to adventure", Nerias adds. "I did some foolishly reckless things myself in the past, trying to be overly reliant on myself...".

"Of course, that assumes your companions are trustworthy, but I don't think that'll be a problem here, right?" He flashes a broad smile and looks at each of the adventurers in turn, trying to read their intentions.

Sovereign Court

The serving boy stands silently beside Natalia, his head drooping as he falls asleep on his feet, still waiting for orders. He looks in danger collapsing onto the floor soon.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

"Trustworthy? Nothing in the world that more reliable than Lucy. Just don't get between her and anything that she decides is a threat." Grey pauses and looks at his, well passed out patron one's mug and sighs "As for me? Trust me to eat, drink, sleep and flirt with a lass or two. But I will always have your back, that you can rely on."

Sovereign Court

Two more have not checked in the gameplay, but I'll get started first and hope they'll come in soon.

A tall, familiar-looking elven man enters the tavern, followed closely behind by a halfling woman. All of you recognise the elven man as the occasionally eccentric Kreighton Shane, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, while some of you recognise the halfling as Janira Garvix. (Those of you who've played The Wounded Wisp, that is.) The elf walks leaps onto a table in the centre of the room, while Janira stands beside him. She smirks to herself at his weird antics but does not comment.

“Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, have a seat!” With that, Kreighton Shaine nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. “Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born. "

“But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to introduce you to Janira Gavix,” he says as he motions for the excitable halfling woman to approach. She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, “Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable resource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.”

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, “Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, I witnessed a lone gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the gillmen.”

Master Shaine hops to his feet. “Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most importantly, you are to learn what the gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.” With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.

Janira grins at the departing back of Kreighton Shane, looking at you with a knowing smile. "So, do you have any questions before I get into the mission briefing proper?"

knowledge(geography) DC10:
At the center of the Isle of Kortos stand the Kortos Mounts, the points on the island.

knowledge(geography) DC15:
Entire tribes of centaurs, harpies, and minotaurs constantly vie for territory up and around the Mounts, with harpies being the most common at higher altitudes and centaurs controlling the lower slopes and foothills.

knowledge(history) DC15:
Also known as the Low Azlanti, the gillmen are an amphibious humanoid race believed to be the last descendants of the ancient Azlanti people.

knowledge(history) DC20:
During Earthfall, the Starstone struck Golarion and destroyed the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant. It is said that gillmen’s ancestors survived the cataclysmic event because they received the blessing of an aquatic entity that allowed them to breath underwater.

knowledge(history) DC25:
Most scholars believe the terrifying aboleths were responsible for the gillmen’s transformation. Any alliance between them appears to have fallen apart over the millennia, however, and the gillmen are now an independent people.

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

Natalia appears amused at the antics of Shaine and the enthusiasm of Janira, but attempts to listen closely nevertheless. "That sounds straight forward. Are there any particular dangers that we should be aware of?"

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

"Yes, that would be interesting to know. Also, do we need any special gear?.

Nerias pauses a bit, and then scrapes his throat nervously. "And I guess you've scouted out the caves beforehand, to make sure there's nothing there us novices can't handle, right?"

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli 12/12hp| AC19 T14 FF16| Fort +4* Ref +5* Will +2*| Init +3; Perception +6

Kuukuruu hops off the counter and onto the table next to Janira, "So we go to cave and become pathfinder?"

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

"Sounds easy enough, as long as there are no spiders. I really hate spiders." mutters Grey as if lost in a past memory

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli 12/12hp| AC19 T14 FF16| Fort +4* Ref +5* Will +2*| Init +3; Perception +6

Kuu smiles at the mention of spiders, "Ooo,if there are spiders I takes care of them"

Grand Lodge

Female Boar HP 13/13 | AC 18; Tch 12; FF 17| F +5; R +4; W +1 | CMB +1; CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +5

With a loud snort a guttural growl the large boar finds herself awaken from her dream. Seeing the room full of other adventures the sow makes her way around the room inspecting the new occupants with a sniff and grunt.

After her inspection Lucy quickly decides that Janira will have the pleasure of petting her. The boar proceeds to takes her large head and lowers it below Janira's hand than thrusts up forcing the halfings hand to come to rest on top of her head.

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6
Kuukuruu wrote:
Kuu smiles at the mention of spiders, "Ooo,if there are spiders I takes care of them"

"Than sir we will be best friends!" and gives the Grippli a pat on the back before amending "Behind Lucy of course, can't take the chance of offending her highness."

Lucy seems to give another well timed grunt of displeasure from across the room. If it was in in response to Grey's comment are the lack of petting from Janira is anyone's guess.

Sovereign Court

Janira grins broadly as you pepper her with questions. "Good! I'm happy to see you are asking the right questions."

Janira then pulls out a large leather-bound journal and opens it on the table. “Let me get on to the details of the mission at hand,” she says with an eager grin. “After reviewing my mission reports personally, Master Shaine believes it is no coincidence that each time they entered the caves it was during a full moon, so it is also no coincidence that you have been called here now, just a day before the moon is full again. We both believe that tomorrow night is our best chance to find out why these caves are important and what exactly the gillmen are doing in there.”

“The caves we’ll be travelling to lie under the base of the Kortos Mounts. We’ll need to spend every minute of daylight possible to reach the caves by foot, crossing over the Cairnlands, taking the paths to Diobel, and finally making our way through the wilderness. With any luck we won’t run into any of the local inhabitants. Once in the caves, we’ll need to work together to explore and determine whether any gillman are present or have been recently. Keep an eye out for any other clues that might hint at the caves’ significance, too.”

“Centaurs control the lowlands and surrounding wilderness of the Kortos Mounts. The areas farther up the Mounts are controlled by minotaurs, and the icy peaks are home to tribes of harpies. They’re always vying for territory, but with any luck, we should be able to avoid them and reach the caves without conflict. There’s always the chance we may run into bandits along the way, and there are dozens of kinds of predators in that forest. That’s why we should always be as prepared as possible.” Turning to Grey, she adds with a grin, "So yes, there might be spiders."

"For this mission, you would need some basic common adventuring gear, such as ropes, light sources, food, water and ways to make fire. Definitely make sure you are well-armed as we do not know what we would encounter. Both melee and ranged weapons, depending on the situation. If possible, also have a mix of blunt, slashing and stabbing weapons as some monsters are resistant to different types of weapons. And if you have the gold to spare, sources of healing, antitoxins and alchemist’s fire, in case of swarms, would be useful if you have the gold to spare. We’ll pick up any final supplies that you need on our way out of the city."

Turning to Nerias with an uncertain look on her face, Janira replies, "Unfortunately, my confirmation merely had me mapping the entrances of the caves. I did not manage to explore much of the caves. After my confirmation task was completed, I had to return to Absalom urgently to report, and the cave system seemed quite extensive.”

Finally addressing Kuukuruu, she affirms, "Well, you would need to return safely first, but I have no doubt about that." She smiles encouragingly at you. "Do you have any other questions? Perhaps we should take some time to introduce ourselves. After all, the most important factors that determine whether an expedition will be a success are cooperation and preparation! I’ll go first!”

"My name is Janira Garvix, but I've said that already. I joined the Pathfinder Society nearly 4 years ago after coming of age, and as Kreighton shared, was confirmed a few months ago. I'm the oldest of seven children, and I missed being big sister to them. I grew up in Eastgate, where my father still works as a porter. He drives a a dog cart to transport purchased goods from ships and shops to the homes of customers. I enlisted with the Pathfinder Society initially to see the world. I think Desna must have infected me with a wandering bug. But once in, I quickly took to the Scrolls and its focus on learning and preserving knowledge. I hope one day to publish one of my works in the Pathfinder Chronicles and be one of the esteemed Pathfinder Chronicler." She shares all this with great sincerity and earnestness.

She then turns to you. "How about you? Share with us a bit about yourself. And why did you join the Pathfinder Society? Have you had any field commissions so far?"

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

"I'm Nerias, happy to meet you all! I used to adventure all by myself, but my last adventure alone in the desert didn't end too well. I was just about to lift the fabled Amulet of Ormak from its pedestal in a cave system, when suddenly a huge spider charged at me from behind a pillar". With a wry smile at Grey he continues, "so yea, I share your love for spiders, my new friend..."

"After that unfortunate incident, it dawned on me that adventuring on my own was perhaps not such a wise choice after all. So I traveled to Sothis, to enlist with Scarab Sages, to have the safety of a group. Today will be my first 'official' field commission, though..."

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli 12/12hp| AC19 T14 FF16| Fort +4* Ref +5* Will +2*| Init +3; Perception +6

Like I told others. Kuukuruu was sent here to represent Grippli tribe as a favor. It was a deal struck after Pathfinder helped our village from bandits a while back. He points to himself, I chosen by elder. he said "Kuukuruu, you go and help society as they helped us." And I say "it be honor" and here I am.

The grippli looks down at his feet, Me not have money. I came strait from tribe. They hand me a few gold pieces, but everything else Kuukuruu already own. So now fancy fires for me. Just bow and lots of arrows. 70 to be exact

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

So sorry I'm late! I really thought I had checked on this thread while I was away at my parent's place. Just got back tonight. Let's pretend Kalak did not miss the speech.

A Tian woman wearing dark red robes and two kamas at her side, sitting in a corner, had been quietly observing the people around her and abstaining from the food of this establishment, which she looked at with a frown. She listened intently to Janira as she gave instructions and information about the mission at hand. When prompted to introduce herself, she got up and, glancing at everyone but generally avoiding their gaze, she speaks in a slightly stumbling voice, "I'm Kalak. You can count on me for... well, mostly punching things and making my way to places without being noticed. I've been training for years in forests and mountains. I was asked to come here for my confirmation, but I got here early. So I had to help stop some Aspis agents from making and distributing disgusting drugs. I'm here to serve. I hope I can count on you." As soon as she's done, she sits back down in a hurry in an attempt to hide the blush on her cheeks by going back in a more dimly lit spot.

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

Natalia stands up from the bar with a sigh and says, "For those who missed it, my name is Natalia. I'm originally from Ustalav, but things did not go very well for me there so I decided to try my luck as a Pathfinder. It's probably safer than the family business. Anyway, so far I've had some experience with weird occult phenomena and I've done some errands for Drendel Drang, nothing too exciting."

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

Grey clears his throat than turns to the group "Me and Lucy got into a bit of trouble some time back, details are not that important, but lets just say things where not looking to good. Really things where rather bleak for awhile, that is until a group of Pathfinders stumbled upon us. With out there aid, not sure we be standing here today. Me and Lucy figured we should return the favor, hoping the Pathfinders will help us find those in need out there while having a bit of fun adventuring this world. Win-win."

Sovereign Court

Will wait a day for Cazithiel to check-in before moving on. Have pm'ed him.

Sovereign Court

Janira nods and smiles encouraging as each of the party members introduced themselves, while unconsciously stroking Lucy's head. Once Grey finishes, Janira pipes up. "Well, it seems that many of you have had a rather interesting history. Whatever the case, being part of the Pathfinder Society is that start of a new chapter of your life. And who knows? One day, your stories will go into one of the Pathfinder Chronicles. Then it will literally be a chapter of your life." Janira grins self-mockingly at her lame joke.

She scans the group. "I believe we still have one more member coming along for the confirmation. Hopefully, we can meet up before we hit the city gates."

"So, before we set off, do you have any more questions? We do have a quite a bit of road to cover to get to the caves before full moon."

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

Lots of posts already!

A medium height, but slender woman opens the door to the The Pig's Paunch with a bit of disdain as she moves inside the building, feeling the warmth from the fireplace contrasting with the slight chill in the air outside.

"I hope this is the right place. This handwriting is atrocious..." she mutters as she looks over the wet, scribbled parchment. "Well it's not the Fig's Punch. I just tried there..."

Her bright, yellow eyes scan the room as she sees Janira, replete with Wayfinder, and decides to see if this is the meet-up location. Pulling open her saffron cloak, revealing the white tunic and pants underneath, the woman approaches the table of Pathfinders. "Is this the inaugural mission for new recruits?" she asks to Janira, not deigning to look at the rest of the party. "I am the First Rìguāng from the Sunlight Sect near the Forest of Spirits. If this is my mission, please tell me." she says perfunctorily.

As Janira confirms that she has arrived at the meetup location, the First Rìguāng nods to each person around her, though you don't feel warm from the greeting. "As you probably do not speak Senzar or Hon-La, I do not expect you to try to pronounce my name. Please call me Ri to avoid any confusion." she says after Janira presents the mission and asks the First Rìguāng to introduce herself.

"I have a few sunrods for the cave to help us see and have only reached the beginner stage of two of my sect's mystic arts: Sun Rising from the East and Sun Scorching the Earth. These are primarily ranged attacks that involve focusing my ki into gouts of flame to destroy my enemies. Please keep that in mind if we find ourselves in combat, which I'm told is quite frequent on Society missions." she says matter-of-factly.

"As for my past, I am the First Rìguāng, which means I am the highest disciple of the Sunlight Sect. The Sect Master and my own personal master has sent me to the Society at the behest of the Lady of the Foxes in order to aid the mission of the Decimvirate. As this is my first mission, I will defer to your judgment Janira." she says with a stiff bow.

"I came prepared, so I have no need to eat here or purchase any goods before we depart." she adds with a curt nod.

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30

"Well, glad to meet you all! I don't think I need to buy any more supplies either, so I think I'm as ready as I can be!".

You notice his eyelids twitch nervously and there's just the hint of quiver in his voice...

Sovereign Court

Despite Ri's formality, Janira keeps up her warm and encouraging smile, "Welcome, Ri! You made it just in time!"

"One final thing before we set off." Janira reaches into her pack and pulls out paper and writing supplies to distribute to each of the party member. "The Pathfinder Society's three tenets are Explore, Report and Cooperate. It is important for you to keep accurate records of your adventures to report to Kreighton when you return. This would also determine the success of your Confirmation. Well, since everyone seems to be ready, let's get going! Hope you've got a good breakfast!"

Have included a blank parchment in maps and handouts but you can use whatever format you like. This is on an individual basis. Technically, whatever notes you record and report at the end can contribute to your secondary success, but in reality, it is largely for RP purposes. Those who've played before should know the drill but I'm going strictly by the scenario here. :) And please don't go overboard!

Janira leads the initiates through the streets of Absalom, which is slowly coming alive as the sun rises. Along the way, you can still manage to snag some basic supplies in case you're lacking. So go ahead and make any last minute purchases you need.

Once everyone is ready, Janira leads everyone out the west gate of Absalom, circling around the great city walls before traversing through the Cairnlands. The party makes use of a well-worn path that leads toward Diobel, a city that Kalak Chai had only just returned from. The long trek across the Cairnlands is uneventful. Along the way, Janira point out countless siege towers that are scattered throughout the lands surrounding Absalom, some heavily overgrown with moss. She shares that they are relics of repeated sieges mounted against the city throughout history but none successfully breaking through its defences. The city leaders, rather than to clear them, left them on the plains as a warning to future would-be invaders. She also welcomes everyone to share stories of their past adventures or missions.

Just before sunset, the party pitches camp just off the trail. Janira shares that the next day, the party would have to break off the trail, cutting across dangerous wilderness, to reach the caves. After assigning watch, she urges everyone else who is not on the first shift to have an early night. She follows her own advice as shortly after dinner, she sets up her bedroll and is soon soundly asleep.

You may prepare whatever spells, etc for the next day.

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

Kalak gives a faint smile when she sees another Tian woman enter the tavern, but she doesn't show enthusiasm past that, especially considering Ri's tone. She spends most of the travel quietly eyeing everyone, trying to evaluate them as they go and answering only when she must. When they are at camp, having their evening meal, she breaks her silence for a rare comment after taking her first bite, "I was so hungry. Really, why do we always wind up in distasteful taverns? At least the one in Diobel served decent food once we requested it."

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

Taking the parchment, Ri decides that her priority should be to sketch out basic maps of the area. "Knowledge of the area around Absalom would be good for a warrior..." she reasons to herself as she draws the sloping path and basic outlines of the fallen siege towers on the island.

When they reach camp, Ri sets up her tent and pulls out a set of rations, looking with a bit of disdain on the choices made by the Inner Sea region. "Sausages, stale bread and dried fruit... I need to find better food in the future." she says as she snaps her fingers near the kindling, setting the firewood ablaze for the party.

"Who was the force that invaded Absalom? It seems like a seafaring assault would make more sense to raze the city rather than a long-drawn out siege on land." she asks, curious about the deeper reason for the numerous siege towers.

Already utilizing that Basic Pyrokinesis, GM kuey!

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

Grey waste no time heeding Janira's advice and quickly finds a spot for Lucy and him. Soon ater a bit of a scuffle ensues between the two about who gets to use who as a pillow. Eventually Lucy emerges victorious, resting her head in Grey's lap with a triumphant snort.

"Cursed pig, be better used to fill a plate with bacon." Grey mutters with affection and instinctively pets the boar tell she dozes off.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

Seeing Janira, Grey and Lucy fall asleep immediately after eating, Ri rolls out her bedroll and sits on the slightly springy mat. Her back is as straight as a spear and the tip of her ponytail flicks lightly in the breeze. Her eyes remain closed, but her ears are alert as she attunes herself to the world around her.

"As I was assigned first watch for two hours, please rest. I will alert you to any danger if I am unable to handle it myself." she says straightforwardly.

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

Kalak settles down with her blanket under a tree. "No need to do things on your own. Wake me up if there's anything. At all." This being said, she lies down and tries to get some sleep.


The First Rìguāng wrote:
"Who was the force that invaded Absalom? It seems like a seafaring assault would make more sense to raze the city rather than a long-drawn out siege on land." she asks, curious about the deeper reason for the numerous siege towers.

As reference in case you are not aware, the current year in Golarion is 4717.

While Janira is setting up her bedroll, she exclaims, excited to share her learnings with others, "Ooh, might as well ask who have NOT tried to invade Absalom. Let's see, the warlord Voradni Voon was the first to unsuccessfully besiege the city in 23 AR, an event now known as the First Siege of Absalom. That was barely 20 years after Aroden raised the Starstone from the depths an event which also gave birth to the city. In the thousand of years of Absalom's history, invaders have come from Nex, Numeria, Taldor and Cheliax, amongst others. Ooh, the most interesting was probably the invasion of the sea-ghouls under the cover of a massive storm, I think in 3812 AR. The city survived only because the then-mortal Iomedae called upon the Starstone to light the city that broke through the storm."

"And oh yes, most of the invasions actually took place from both land and sea. The bay is filled with countless sunken warships, to the extent that ships now need a pilot from the city onboard to navigate in and out, or risk tearing their hulls from under them! I'm glad to see of your interest in lore. You'll make a fantastic Pathfinder in time!"

By the way, I'm not making any of the above up!

Sovereign Court

Next morning after the party has broken camp, Janira leads the party off the track and cuts through the wilderness. As the party progresses deeper into the forest, the trees towering overhead begin to shield most of what remains of the day’s sun and the vegetation beneath grows denser.

Janira pauses a moment and pulls out an intricate silver compass emblazoned with the Pathfinder Society logo: the Glyph of the Open Road. "I received this wayfinder when I successfully completed my Confirmation. Should we be successful on our journey, you will get your own as well." She flips open the device and holds it in front of her; the initials J. L. are engraved into the inside of the device’s lid. After studying the compass inside for a moment, she remarks, “We’re on the right path. We need to keep heading northwest past those large rocks up ahead.”

Just as Janira is keeping her wayfinder, a loud creaking noise is heard from a dead tree some distance behind you, as it starts falling over. Perhaps your passage disturbed its precarious balance. It smashes onto the ground with a loud *boom* that echos throughout the forest. Tiny birds burst from the surrounding trees and take flight. Small ground critters scurry out from their hiding places underground and in the udnergrowth, dashing wildly away. A horde of tiny snakes swarm out of the ground just behind you. Sensing your presence as a threat, they writhe across the ground towards you to attack!

knowledge(nature) DC12:
This is a swarm, formed of tiny snakes. Although individually they are of little threat, collectively they can cause significant damage!
For every 5 points above the DC, you may ask an additional question to learn about the creature.

Combat post coming up.

Sovereign Court

As a freebie knowledge, swarms of tiny-sized creatures can be hurt by weapons, although most types are less effective.

init:

init, Natalia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
init, Grey: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
init, Nerias: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
init, Kuukuruu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
init, Kalak: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
init, Ri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
init, snakes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The snakes wriggle their way rapidly towards the party, swarming over the three nearest Pathfinders initiates, Kuukuruu, Ri, and Nerias. The three of them feel tiny fangs sinking into their skins. What's worse, the creepy feeling of thousands of squirming snakes crawling all over them threatens to overwhelm completely!
Kuukuruu dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Ri dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Nerias dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Also, all 3 make fort save DC12 or nauseated 1rd, i.e. can only take move action.

"Spread out! Spread out! Attack with your bludgeoning weapons if you have, but any weapons will do! Splash weapons are best!" Janira calls out, and heeding her warning, retreats away. She then starts intoning an inspiring tale, "And it was Selmius Foster’s race against a marid and efreeti on the isle of Jalmeray, which taught us that nothing is truly impossible and every situation can end in victory! Don't be dismayed, initiates!”
inspire courage: +1 attack, dmg, save vs fear

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: inspire courage: +1 attack, dmg, save vs fear
~~~
snakes
Janira
Ri (2, fort save DC12 or nauseated 1rd, i.e. can only take move action)
Grey
Lucy
Natalia
Nerias (5, fort save DC12 or nauseated 1rd, i.e. can only take move action)
Kuukuruu (3, fort save DC12 or nauseated 1rd, i.e. can only take move action)
Kalak

Scarab Sages

M Male Human Ranger 1 | AC 18/13/15 | CMD 17 | HP 11/11 | F+4, R+6, W+2 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +2 | Spd 30


Fortitude save DC12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

As the snakes sink their fangs into Nerias's flesh, he suddenly starts to feel very bad. The only thing he's capable off is retreating behind a fallen tree, where he stands retching for a while.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kitsune - Head Disciple of the Sunlight Sect, First of the Chosen - Level 1 | HP: 9/12 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: -2 CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 1/6 | Active conditions: 1 Non-Lethal (Burn)

Fortitude Save - DC 12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

After being bitten by the snakes, Ri tumbles out of the slithering, hissing pile of reptiles. "An efreeti, huh?" she asks as she moves away from everyone else.

"My techniques are derived from the Plane of Fire, hopefully it has the same effect." she says as her fists are wreathed in flames. With a small backflip, Ri sends out both fists in combination, sending a large gout of flame at the snakes.

"Sun Rising from the East!" she yells as the technique is executed.

Sun Rising From The East (Fire Kinetic Blast | PBS | Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 9
Fire Damage | PBS | Inspire Courage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Grippli 12/12hp| AC19 T14 FF16| Fort +4* Ref +5* Will +2*| Init +3; Perception +6

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Kuukuruu flees the snake swarm and makes his way over to a tree and begins to climb it.

20 feet up on the tree

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 1 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 18 | hp 13/16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +4, Perc +6, SensM +2 | Stunning Fist 1/1

Kalak kicks at the snakes, hoping to knock a few away or to knock them out. "That's a lot of snakes!" She manages to hit a few, but the writhing mass confuses her somewhat.

flurry attack 1, inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
damage 1, IC: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
flurry attack 2, IC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
damage 2, IC: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Liberty's Edge

M Human Hunter 1 | HP 10/10| AC 18; Tch 13; FF 16| F +3; R +4; W +2 | CMB +3; CMD 15| Init +2 | Perc +6

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Grey hears Janira's suggestion to use bludgeoning weapons and takes a moment to reflect on his greatsword and Lucy's tusk. With a shrug he turns to Lucy "You ready? Than lets do this!"

Grey than leaps forward, around his pathfinders until he finds room to swing his greatsword.

GS Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
GS Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Grand Lodge

Female Boar HP 13/13 | AC 18; Tch 12; FF 17| F +5; R +4; W +1 | CMB +1; CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +5
Grey Stoneside wrote:

Grey hears Janira's suggestion to use bludgeoning weapons and takes a moment to reflect on his greatsword and Lucy's tusk. With a shrug he turns to Lucy "You ready? Than lets do this!"

Lucy sensing Grey was once again about to throw himself into the middle of danger with out a second though prepared herself to save the dumb monkey once more. With a few large grunts and pawing of the dirt to show her displeasure to the withering creatures she charges after Grey.

Gore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Gore Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Silver Crusade

F Human (Varisian) Unchained Rogue (Knife Master/Scout) 1 - HP 14/14 - AC: 17/T:14/FF: 13 - Perception +5 - Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +1 - CMB: +0, CMD 14 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +8

If the snake swarm is not already defeated by the tactics of her fellow Pathfinders in training, Natalia moves to the east while pulling out a flask of alchemist fire. Once away from everyone else, she hurls the vial of volatile liquid at the remaining reptiles.

RTA Alchemist's Fire: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Sovereign Court

Both Nerias and Kuukuruu gets overwhelmed by the swarming snakes and flee from the them, both behind a tree and the other up a tree. Ri, similarly retreating out of the swarm, calls forth a bolt of fire and sends them flying into the midst of the swarm, but most of them instinctively squirm of the path of the bolt. Kalak Chei attacks in a flurry, stomping many of them into the ground with one of her mighty blows. Grey steps forward, swinging his mighty greatsword into the midst of the snakes. Although not a powerful strike nor particularly effective, it still manages to slice through quite a number of them. Finally, Lucy rather obligingly gore into the midst of the writhing reptiles. Her piercing tusks also prove not fully effective but in destroying a number of the snakes, the remaining few, probably sensing the danger they are in, disperses back into the undergrowth and underground.

Combat over! Natalia, please keep your alchemist's fire.

Janira immediately dashes up to Ri, Nerias and Kuukuruu (after he descends from the tea), and start intoning some arcane words while laying her hands on each of them. The three of them feel a wash of rejuvenating energy sweep through them, curing them of their wounds.
clw on Ri: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
clw on Nerias: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
clw on Kuukuruu: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Only after the three of them are healed and she is certain they are ok before she turns to look at each of you in turn, pride brimming in her eyes. "I am so proud of you. You dispersed that dangerous snake swarm in almost no time at all! You would make for amazing Pathfinders!"

Sovereign Court

When the adrenaline high from the battle eventually fades, Janira urges the party to quickly set forth. ”We have to get there before nightfall before moonrise, if we want to have a chance to catch the gillmen.”

As the group continues to travel through the wilderness, you find trails blocked by fallen objects, shortcuts overgrown, and other minor delays that cost you time. Janira turns to you, somewhat discouraged. ”I’m sorry, the trail must have overgrown significantly since I was last here a few months ago. Come, we need to work together to find the trail. This is not my forte, having lived in a city my whole life. Can anyone take the lead?”

The party needs to make a successful survival check to find the trail quickly. Have someone take the lead, most likely the one with the highest survival bonus, while everyone else, including Janira, can assist. Remember that survival checks can be done untrained.

1 to 50 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM kuey's The Confirmation (#5-08) - PbP GD6 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.