Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

[PFS] GM kuey's From the Tome of Righteous Repose (#8-07) - PbP GD6 (Inactive)

Game Master kuey

maps and handouts

chronicle sheets


101 to 150 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Alahazra, Female Human Oracle 4 | AC 17/14/14 | HP 31/31 | F +3, R +4, W +6 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 40 ft.

"Oh my, that will take time to heal and replenish," Alahazra gasps at the outpour of blood and influx of toxins. Having already seen the technique work once on the creature, she blasts it again with her wand.

Scorching Ray, into melee: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 4) = 16

Scarab Sages

LN Elf Wizard 4 | (Active conditions) Mage Armor. | HP: 22/22 | AC 13 (17), Tch 13 (13), Fl 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Speed 30 ft | F: +1, R: +3, W: +3; Immune Sleep, +2 vs Enchant | Init: +9 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 (+2 Near Familiar, Low-Light Vision | Shift 9/9, ReRoll (+1) 1/1 | Spells: 2nd 3/5; 1st 4/6

PBS acid splash: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 4
Damage?: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Elven man tosses another glob of acid wide against the cavern wall.

"Well, my aim seems a tad off today." he remarks.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Slayer 3 HP: 29/31 AC 16, FF 14, Touch:12 F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 Perception +6 Effects:None

Slade slashes at the creature while gripping his sword in one hand.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

Sovereign Court

PREVIOUSLY
The ooze, pleased with the meal it is getting, attempts to tighten its hold on Li Shuo, but no longer paralyzed, he easily slips free from its grasp.

Although one prey has escaped, another presented itself. It sends out another pseudopod towards Slade, this one successfully slamming into his waist. Again the slime spreads numbness into him system. The ooze coils its pseudopod tightly around Slade, and also starts draining blood from him.

NOW...
Botting Jasmine.

Roderick continues stabbing at the ooze with his longspear. The weapon connects, tearing chunks of its fluids off from its body. Li Shuo staggers away from the battle, leaving Slade to face the creature alone. Alahazra fires another beam of raging fire at the ooze but this time, Slade is in the way and to avoid hitting him accidentally, she aims conservatively and misses the ooze. Manathiel similarly tries to fire a glob of acid at the ooze, but the ooze is rather dextrous and squirms out the way. Slade's swing with his falcata meets the same fate, as the creature shrinks back in time before the weapon connects. Jasmine fires her crossbow at the ooze, but it similarly dodges out of the way.
Jasmine crossbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The creature, sensing another humanoid attacking it, slithers a short distance towards Roderick, then sends two pseudopods lashing out, one towards him and the other towards Slade. The first slams against Roderick's armor harmlessly, while Slade shifts back just in time to avoid the second.
slam vs Roderick: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
slam vs Slade: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 3: Status: Nil
~~~
orange creature (-21)
Alahazra
-------
Round 4:
~~~
Slade (29/31)
Li Shuo (35/41; staggered 2/5; Con -2)
Jasmine
Manathiel
Roderick

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Roderick winces as the slam almost pounds past his armor.
He steps back and continues to stab with his long spear

"I say! This is a most precocious beast ."

Spear : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 for Dmg : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sovereign Court

Slayer 3 HP: 29/31 AC 16, FF 14, Touch:12 F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 Perception +6 Effects:None

Slade grips his blade with both hands as he slashes the creature.

Move Action Favored Target the ooze.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Scarab Sages

LN Elf Wizard 4 | (Active conditions) Mage Armor. | HP: 22/22 | AC 13 (17), Tch 13 (13), Fl 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Speed 30 ft | F: +1, R: +3, W: +3; Immune Sleep, +2 vs Enchant | Init: +9 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 (+2 Near Familiar, Low-Light Vision | Shift 9/9, ReRoll (+1) 1/1 | Spells: 2nd 3/5; 1st 4/6

Acid Splash PBS, Melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 14
Damage?: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Oooo did I actually hit? o.O

Taking a deep breath to steady himself, the elven man meticulously summons another glob of acid and launches it across the room.

"Well, that was better at least."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue (Knifemaster) 4.0 | HP 24/24, AC:19/TCH:14 /FF:16 - Perception +7 - F: +1 /R: +7/W: +2 - CMB +4 - CMD: 17 - Spd 30 feet - Init +7

Jasmine reloads her crossbow, yet again and fires another bolt at the slithering creature.

1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 141d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

Sorry, Manathiel. You're off by one. :P

Roderick continues jabbing his spear into the almost-transparent ooze, puncturing out more of its internal fluids. Slade swings with a mighty blow, cleaving the badly damages ooze in twain. One part melts away into the ground. The other half weakly reaches out towards Slade but is unable to hold itself together and similarly melts away shortly after.

Combat over!
Player Status:
Slade (29/31)
Li Shuo (35/41; staggered 2/5; Con -2)

Across the room lies haphazard piles of bones, the remains of some hapless orcs which had fallen prey to the slithering tracker. In one corner, within a badly decayed leather bag, you find a number of vials of alchemical items. They are likely the loot from the wagon you had found in the room with the giant skull. However, the orcs clearly did not manage to make use of them before meeting their demise.

All in all, you find 12 flasks of acid, 12 flasks of alchemist’s fire, 2 vials of antitoxin, 2 vials of antiplague, and 4 vials of shadow essence poison. In addition, you find a vial with contents that radiates faint evocation magic to those with the sight.

detect magic + spellcraft DC26:
The vial contains an elixir of fire breath.

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

"Finally! Strong work all. It seems this amorphous blob has quite the collection. ."

Roderick will look around the room at the many vials.

Sovereign Court

Slayer 3 HP: 29/31 AC 16, FF 14, Touch:12 F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 Perception +6 Effects:None

Slade will take four of the flasks of alchemist's fires. "Foul creature."

Grand Lodge

Alahazra, Female Human Oracle 4 | AC 17/14/14 | HP 31/31 | F +3, R +4, W +6 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 40 ft.

"Phew, that thing could take quite the beating," Alahazra sighs in relief as the ooze collapses. "It seemed to dish out a bit of hurt as well. I'll see what I can do about the wounds and toxins."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Lesser Restoration on Li Shuo: 1d4 ⇒ 1

CLW on Slade: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

CLW x2 on Li Shuo: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

Yay, RNG...*goes off to cry in corner*

Scarab Sages

LN Elf Wizard 4 | (Active conditions) Mage Armor. | HP: 22/22 | AC 13 (17), Tch 13 (13), Fl 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Speed 30 ft | F: +1, R: +3, W: +3; Immune Sleep, +2 vs Enchant | Init: +9 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 (+2 Near Familiar, Low-Light Vision | Shift 9/9, ReRoll (+1) 1/1 | Spells: 2nd 3/5; 1st 4/6

Wow...the RNG is mad at you... Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

"Well done guys! I am sorry, I wasn't more helpful there."

Looking through the pile, he smiles. "Oh, nice. That's an elixir that ignites your breath."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Four 1's in a row? You need to make a sacrifice to the RNG!

Player Status:
Li Shuo (45/47; Con -1)

Taking a while to recover from the vicious attack of the life draining ooze, the party finally sets off again, pushing to find the remains of the fallen samurai.

Follow pink dotted arrow

The western passage leads to a side room, which when you enter, reveals a gargantuan square pool, twenty feet wide and four feet deep, which occupies most of this chamber. The steaming water releases a pungent odor. This might once have been an inviting bath built by the dwarves, fed by an underground hot spring, but something beneath the ground must have spoiled the water over the years and the smell is most foul. You quickly depart the room before you catch anything.

You then come across a couple of rooms which contain little else than broken weapons and the eye-watering stench of fouled smallclothes, and another abandoned barracks. Orcs had clearly occupied these ancient dwarven temple for some time, but why did they mysteriously abandon this place? And if they had, why was there one still guarding up front? Unfortunately, you find no answers.

The next chamber you enter appears to have been an ancient shrine dedicated to dwarven ancestors. Imagery of skulls, dwarves in burial shrouds, and young dwarves praying adorn this long hall. Heraldic charts from several dwarven clans cover the southern wall. An ornately carved stone pedestal stands in an alcove to the south. Rather out-of-place, the skeleton of a large, serpentine creature is coiled on the pedestal. Stone debris litter the floor around it, suggesting that some dwarven statue had once stood here, but it had been destroyed, and replaced by the taxidermy of some animal. However, it was clearly badly preserved and its fleshed had long been consumed.

perception DC20:
Near the bottom of the pdestal, amongst the carvings of dwarven miners toiling away in a large cavern, you noticed that what had been cunningly shaped to be a large ore is actually a button!

Sovereign Court

Slayer 3 HP: 29/31 AC 16, FF 14, Touch:12 F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 Perception +6 Effects:None

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Scarab Sages

LN Elf Wizard 4 | (Active conditions) Mage Armor. | HP: 22/22 | AC 13 (17), Tch 13 (13), Fl 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Speed 30 ft | F: +1, R: +3, W: +3; Immune Sleep, +2 vs Enchant | Init: +9 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 (+2 Near Familiar, Low-Light Vision | Shift 9/9, ReRoll (+1) 1/1 | Spells: 2nd 3/5; 1st 4/6

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"Though I see many things in here to peak my inquisitive thoughts, I don't believe anything here is pertinent to our mission. Anyone disagree? "

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Monk 5 (Zen Archer/ Qinggong Monk)/Inquisitor 1 - HP 31/47 - AC 19 /T: 19/FF: 17 - Perception +13 - F: +8*/ R: +7/ W: +12 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 27, Speed: 40, Init. +6

"Many thanks," says Li to Alhazra.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

"But what is this?" says Li, indicating a bas-relief that looks like ore. "A button! Shall we push it? "

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

"Hidden buttons can also be trapped as an extra protection. Take a good look before pushing it, but yes we should try it."

Roderick nods

btw - not sure we said it but carrying/dividing all the oils and potions nobody else takes...for future party use.

Sovereign Court

Waiting for someone to take some action?

Sovereign Court

Slayer 3 HP: 29/31 AC 16, FF 14, Touch:12 F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 Perception +6 Effects:None

"We should leave it well enough alone." Slade starts examining the button thoroughly for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Scarab Sages

LN Elf Wizard 4 | (Active conditions) Mage Armor. | HP: 22/22 | AC 13 (17), Tch 13 (13), Fl 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Speed 30 ft | F: +1, R: +3, W: +3; Immune Sleep, +2 vs Enchant | Init: +9 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 (+2 Near Familiar, Low-Light Vision | Shift 9/9, ReRoll (+1) 1/1 | Spells: 2nd 3/5; 1st 4/6

"In my experience, such hidden portals tend to lead one further into these cavernous locations. Often times, it allows you to bypass dangers." remarks Manathiel, thumbing his chin.

"As long as there is no mechanism we can't handle on the door itself, I say we give it a push and see where it leads."

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Roderick will look closely at it as well.

perception,cues: 1d20 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 5 = 17

Seems harmless enough to me. If there are no objections, I will give it a try.

Pushes it unless anyone stops him

Sovereign Court

Sorry for the late update. Paizo was down for me practically the whole of yesterday. Even now, it is quite wonky. And today work was quite overwhelming.

Roderick and Slade inch closer, examining the pedestal and in particular, the button more closely, without touching anything. They spot a barely visible crackline on the pedestal, revealing a small door, which you surmise is opened by the button. Other than that, they do not spot anything unusual or dangerous.

When Roderick presses the button, however, a arc of electricity burst forth from the pedestal, first hopping onto Roderick who is closest, through Slade beside him, then onto Jasmine before dissipating into the corridor behind her.
which row: 1=left: 1d2 ⇒ 1
electricity dmg to Roderick, Slade and Jasmine: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6, 2) = 12 Ref DC20 for half

If there is any consolation, the small door opens smoothly, revealing a small compartment within, containing 3 potions and a wand.

potion 1&2: detect magic + spellcraft DC18; or perception DC17:
Two of them are potions of cure moderate wounds.

potion 3: detect magic + spellcraft DC18; or perception DC17:
The third is a potion of lesser restoration.

wand: detect magic + spellcraft DC20:
This is a wand of burning hands, at 5th caster level, in which 23 charges still remain.

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Reflex : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

"Ouch! That was unpleasant ."

After putting out the sparks in his beard he checks the potions

Alchemy : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Alchemy : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"No clue on the type. They must be an old recipe ."

He pulls out a wand and taps thrice

Clw : 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) + 3 = 12

Sovereign Court

Slayer 3 HP: 29/31 AC 16, FF 14, Touch:12 F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 Perception +6 Effects:None

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
"I told you to leave it well enough alone."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"The first two potions are for healing. "Slade hands a wand to someone to heal him.

2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 3) + 2 = 13

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue (Knifemaster) 4.0 | HP 24/24, AC:19/TCH:14 /FF:16 - Perception +7 - F: +1 /R: +7/W: +2 - CMB +4 - CMD: 17 - Spd 30 feet - Init +7

ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Jasmine dances out of the way of the electricity as it arcs through the room. Her body twists and turns, as she comes out unscathed.

Hmm, that was quite the nasty little trick. At least there were some goodies inside

Scarab Sages

LN Elf Wizard 4 | (Active conditions) Mage Armor. | HP: 22/22 | AC 13 (17), Tch 13 (13), Fl 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Speed 30 ft | F: +1, R: +3, W: +3; Immune Sleep, +2 vs Enchant | Init: +9 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 (+2 Near Familiar, Low-Light Vision | Shift 9/9, ReRoll (+1) 1/1 | Spells: 2nd 3/5; 1st 4/6

Wand: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
3rd Potion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

"Oh, well...this wand summons the fires of Asmodeus to burn your foes. It's not as precise as say, an arrow. More...point and spray method?" advises the elf as he takes a look at the items.

"Oh, and this potion helps restore your vitality some. Not enough to combat the life stealing aspects of powerful undead, but would help against some poisons and such."

"Slade, I'm not sure what your concern was...I feel fine." Smiling, he tosses the injured man a wink. "I do apologize, but I never received training the the type of magic your life-stick requires." (Fairly sure this is my only caster without UMD...)

Sovereign Court

Roderick can use the wand. No one wants to use the potion instead to heal? Moving on... Follow green arrow.

15, 16

After taking the time to take stock of what you've found, and to address the wounds, the party continues on. Next to this ancestral shrine, you come across yet another shrine, this time to what appears to be a dwarven god. A statue of a dwarven man strangling a snake stands in the
northwest part of this irregularly shaped room, and has miraculously not been harmed.

knowledge(religion) DC20:
The statue depicts Kols, dwarven demigod of duty and son of Torag. You recall a legend in which Kols turned Droskar into a snake and nearly strangled him before Droskar managed to slither away.

Further ahead will bring you back towards the pool room where you encountered the assassin vines earlier so instead you turn south, through a passageway and a short flight of stairs down. As Li Shuo nears the room, however, he hears scuffling noises from the room ahead. Just as he enters, three orcs come into view to the rear of the room!

A broad and muscular orc stands imposinglyin the centre, his fists at the ready. He is dressed in bone studded leather but carries no weapons on his body. He is flanked by two other orcs, each bearing wardrums by their sides. The one in the centre, clearly the leader, calls out in his guttural voice, "Intruders! These ruins and all it holds belong to Groblek! Die!"

Scarab Sages

LN Elf Wizard 4 | (Active conditions) Mage Armor. | HP: 22/22 | AC 13 (17), Tch 13 (13), Fl 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Speed 30 ft | F: +1, R: +3, W: +3; Immune Sleep, +2 vs Enchant | Init: +9 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 (+2 Near Familiar, Low-Light Vision | Shift 9/9, ReRoll (+1) 1/1 | Spells: 2nd 3/5; 1st 4/6

K Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

"Oh! That's Kols, son Torag. He appears to be strangling Droskar in this depiction." shares Manathiel as they pass the statue. "Really quite a fascinating legend. You see..." and he drones on a bit as you continue to walk through the tunnels.

At the suggestion of the orc, he replies simply "No thanks.."

Sovereign Court

percep:
percep, Manathiel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
percep, Alahazra: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
percep, Slade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
percep, Li Shuo: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
percep,Jasmine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
percep, Roderick: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

knowledge(local) DC15 to identify red orc:
From the way he is carrying himself, he clearly has been trained in martial fighting unarmed, able to make multiple attacks that way.
For every 5 you beat the DC, you may ask for additional information about the creatures. Or you can just leave it to me to share what I feel you are most likely to know.

knowledge(local) DC13 to identify orange and yellow orcs:
These are orc war drummers. They are often accompany troops to boost their courage with the beat of their war drums.
For every 5 you beat the DC, you may ask for additional information about the creatures. Or you can just leave it to me to share what I feel you are most likely to know.

init:

init, Manathiel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
init, Alahazra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
init, Slade: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
init, Li Shuo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
init, Jasmine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
init, Roderick: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
init, orcs: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Surprise Round: Status: standard or move only
~~~
Roderick
Alahazra (surprised)
Jasmine (surprised)
Li Shuo (45/47; Con -1)
Manathiel (surprised)
red orc
orange orc
yellow orc
Slade

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Roderick sheathed the wand unless another could use it

Turning to the orc

"Intrudes? I daresay you are mistaken. We have been all through this area and have not seen any intruders...but we will let you know if we do."

Roderick moves into the room and to the north wall east of party fighters to get a view of the speaker (on phone cannot update)

Sovereign Court

moved

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

thanks for the move .

Once he can see the orcs Roderick tries to recognize them

Kn:local : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 red
Kn:local : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 others

"I say. Are you some sort of wrestling warrior? ."

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Monk 5 (Zen Archer/ Qinggong Monk)/Inquisitor 1 - HP 31/47 - AC 19 /T: 19/FF: 17 - Perception +13 - F: +8*/ R: +7/ W: +12 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 27, Speed: 40, Init. +6

Li Shuo has learned from hard experience that not only do orcs do not generally parlay, they are difficult combatants to defeat once they get going. He decides not to let this one get going.

Spend a point of ki for an extra attack (ki flurry).
Using Perfect Shot on the first shot.

The Jade Dragon Bow - Ranged Flurry, 1st shot, 1st roll with Point-Blank Shot, Deadly Aim and Perfect Shot (all non-lethal damage): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 241d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (5) = 20

lst shot, 2nd roll: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 13

The Jade Dragon Bow - Ranged Flurry, 2nd shot, with Point-Blank Shot and Deadly Aim (all non-lethal damage): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 261d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (3) = 12

The Jade Dragon Bow - Ranged Flurry, 3rd shot (ki flurry), with Point-Blank Shot and Deadly Aim (all non-lethal damage): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 121d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (4) = 17

If AC<13, then 49 damage.
If 12<AC<21, then 32 damage.
If 20<AC<25, then 20 damage.
Else, miss.

Sovereign Court

Li Shuo, it is surprise round, so you can only take a standard action, i.e. no flurry of blows. Will take your first attack. Also, I think you meant Perfect Strike, not Perfect Shot.

Roderick also recognises from his stance that the orc is a trained martial unarmed fighter, having the ability to adjust to different combat abilities per day. Moreover, he would likely have a devastating attack that can knock its victim unconscious.

Roderick moves into the room to get a better view. Li Shuo takes a step back and fires an arrow at the leading orc. The bow slams into him with great force and he grunts out in pain.

One of the wardrummers starts beating his drums, filling the small chamber with a rousing rhythmic beat that inspires the orcs in their battle. The other starts drumming as well, and calls forth a pool of grease that appears at the entrance of the chamber under Roderick and Slade. They then quickly retreat to the other room to protect their flanks.
Roderick and Slade, ref DC13 or fall prone.

The brawler growls angrily at Li Shuo and charges at him. He swings his mighty in a powerful uppercut, slamming into Li Shuo's solar plexus, cracking some ribs and threatening to knock him unconscious in one blow!
unarmed strike vs Li Shuo, charge: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22 dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 and fort DC18 or unconscious for 1d6 ⇒ 1 rounds

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Surprise Round: Status: standard or move only
~~~
red orc (NL20; charged)
orange orc (inspiring courage)
yellow orc
Slade (ref DC13 or fall prone)
-------
Round 1:
~~~
Roderick (ref DC13 or fall prone)
Alahazra
Jasmine
Li Shuo (37/47; Con -1; fort DC18 or unconscious for 1 round)
Manathiel

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Reflex : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Roderick treads lightly while balancing on the grease. But his efforts fail and he falls flat on his posterior.

"Whoa!"

He delays acting until he sees if it is safe to stand

Delay until before the orcs or mr. punchy drops. .

Scarab Sages

LN Elf Wizard 4 | (Active conditions) Mage Armor. | HP: 22/22 | AC 13 (17), Tch 13 (13), Fl 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Speed 30 ft | F: +1, R: +3, W: +3; Immune Sleep, +2 vs Enchant | Init: +9 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 (+2 Near Familiar, Low-Light Vision | Shift 9/9, ReRoll (+1) 1/1 | Spells: 2nd 3/5; 1st 4/6

K Local - Drummers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

"That other pair of orcs are drummers." explains the elven man. "They boost their companions during a fight. Would be helpful to take them out quickly."

Spying the greasy mess between him and the fighter, he quickly considers his options. Deciding to stay where he is, he mumbles in a language of old. "在所有的事情中增強並不總是正確的。" With a flick of his wrist, a dark, translucent energy shoots forward, snaking around his companions.

Draconic:

"Strength in all things is not always right."

Ranged Touch into Melee- Ray of Enfeeblement: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18
Str Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ray of Enfeeblement vs Red --> Fort DC 17 for half

Sovereign Court

Slayer 3 HP: 29/31 AC 16, FF 14, Touch:12 F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 Perception +6 Effects:None

"Working on it."

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Slade is too easily defeated by the grease as he fails to make any traction.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Rogue (Knifemaster) 4.0 | HP 24/24, AC:19/TCH:14 /FF:16 - Perception +7 - F: +1 /R: +7/W: +2 - CMB +4 - CMD: 17 - Spd 30 feet - Init +7

Jasmine fires a bolt at the orc leader. It flies past her friends’ shoulder, and into the shoulder of the orc leader.

vs red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

Alahazra, Female Human Oracle 4 | AC 17/14/14 | HP 31/31 | F +3, R +4, W +6 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 40 ft.

"Not much room in here. Stay strong, everyone!" Alahazra uses her magic to empower the party.

Casting bless.

Sovereign Court

Roderick, Jasmine's bolt didn't drop the orc. :P In case Li Shuo doesn't post soon and I have to bot him, can you post what are your actions if the orc is dropped by Li Shuo, and alternative actions if he doesn't?
Slade, I don't quite understand the sequence of rolls. Your action was still in the surprise round so you only have a standard or move action. So please let me know if my interpretation below is correct.

Both Slade and Roderick are caught by the grease and fall prone. Slade climbs carefully to his feet, unable to proceed further. Manthiel quickly seizes the opportunity before he does so to get a clear shot at the orc, hitting him with a ray that drains his strength. The orc grunts as he feels himself weakening but is hearty enough to resist part of the effect.
fort, ? bonus: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Jasmine fires her crossbow and with great accuracy, threads the bolt past his allies in front, puncturing the orc's shoulder. Alahazra calls for divine blessing upon her party.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Surprise Round: Status: standard or move only; bless: +1 attack, save vs fear
~~~
red orc (-9; NL20; charged, Str -2)
orange orc (inspiring courage)
yellow orc
Slade
-------
Round 1:
~~~
Roderick (prone)
Alahazra
Jasmine
Li Shuo (37/47; Con -1; fort DC18 or unconscious for 1 round)
Manathiel

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Not liking the greasy floor, Roderick looks for a chance to stand.

Was hoping to not have to provoke within melee reach, but if he must he must. Let me know if a reflex is needed to stand. I did not see one, but may be missing it. :(

He will stand and assuming he survives, then 5' step back and drink an extract of invisibility.

Li Shuo, he gave you a pretty brutal rap on the noggin. Are you ok?

alternative:

If Mr. Punchy is down or distracted from AOO, Roderick will still attempt to stand and hurl a bomb at the closest of the two drummer boys in back
Bomb, range, pb: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
for Explosve dmg : 3d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 3) + 3 + 1 = 14 10'r splash, 7 fire dmg (DC14 for half).

Sovereign Court

Hmm, my gut feel is that you can't 5-foot step out of grease, but I have to research a bit on that. You have anything on that, please point me to it. Thanks!

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Monk 5 (Zen Archer/ Qinggong Monk)/Inquisitor 1 - HP 31/47 - AC 19 /T: 19/FF: 17 - Perception +13 - F: +8*/ R: +7/ W: +12 - CMB: +6 - CMD: 27, Speed: 40, Init. +6

I have nothing to point to, but I agree that you shouldn't be able to, RAI.

Li Shuo Fort Save (DC 18): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Spend a ki point for an extra shot.

The Jade Dragon Bow - Ranged Flurry, 1st shot, with Point-Blank Shot and Deadly Aim (all non-lethal damage): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 281d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (5) = 20
The Jade Dragon Bow - Ranged Flurry, 2nd shot, with Point-Blank Shot and Deadly Aim (all non-lethal damage): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 281d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (3) = 15

The Jade Dragon Bow - Ranged Flurry, 3rd shot (Ki Flurry), with Point-Blank Shot and Deadly Aim (all non-lethal damage): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 211d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 2 + (4) = 19

If AC<22, then 54 nonlethal damage.
If 21<AC<29, then 35 nonlethal damage.
Else, miss

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Roderick attempts to stand and move out of the slick floor acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

And he still likely provokes unless the orc dropped.

Sovereign Court

Please see my interpretation of 5-foot step in grease in the discussion thread.

Li Shuo manages to keep to his feet despite the debilitating blow to his solar plexus. He fires three arrows in rapid succession right beside Groblek, all which slam into him with great force. The blows are too much for him and he falls unconscious.

Roderick quickly takes the chance to gets up onto his feet, and step out of the grease area. He gulps down an extract and disappears from sight.

The two wardrummers look stunned to see their champion taken down so quickly. The one in front pulls out a scroll and reads from it. A cloud of glitterdust descends on the area near the room entrance, showering upon Roderick, revealing his position, as well as on Li Shuo, Slade and Manathiel.
Roderick, Li Shuo, Slade and Manathiel, will DC13 or blind

The other focuses his attention on Li Shuo, drumming a spell as a force of enchantment attempts to grip his mind and hold him in place. They then retreat further back into the room.
Li Shuo, will DC15 or paralyzed.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: bless: +1 attack, save vs fear
~~~
red orc
orange orc (inspiring courage)
yellow orc
Slade (will DC13 or blind)
-------
Round 2:
~~~
Roderick (will DC13 or blind; invisible)
Alahazra
Jasmine
Li Shuo (37/47; Con -1; will DC13 or blind; will DC15 or paralyzed)
Manathiel (will DC13 or blind)

Scarab Sages

LN Elf Wizard 4 | (Active conditions) Mage Armor. | HP: 22/22 | AC 13 (17), Tch 13 (13), Fl 10 (14) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | Speed 30 ft | F: +1, R: +3, W: +3; Immune Sleep, +2 vs Enchant | Init: +9 | Perc: +2, SM: +0 (+2 Near Familiar, Low-Light Vision | Shift 9/9, ReRoll (+1) 1/1 | Spells: 2nd 3/5; 1st 4/6

Will...: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Phew!
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Wiping the dust away from his eyes, Manathiel skips across the grease, winking as he passes Slade. "Nothing to it, sir."

Turning his attention to the drummers, a scowl forms over his face. "Now, it's not nice to do such things. You could have blinded me! Lets just see how you like it, eh?" With a pinch of mica from the sack at his waste, he mumbles a quick phrase and tosses it towards the orcs. An explosion of the same materials showers the pair.

Will DC 19 vs Blind GM. :-D

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (0/1 mutagen used DEX ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 vs blind

Hey! That is hardly sporting of you!

He will back up further to avoid getting too close to combatants.

Blinking again...

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 he regains his sight

Sovereign Court

Slayer 3 HP: 29/31 AC 16, FF 14, Touch:12 F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 Perception +6 Effects:None

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Slade gets up and tries to leave the grease again.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Grand Lodge

Alahazra, Female Human Oracle 4 | AC 17/14/14 | HP 31/31 | F +3, R +4, W +6 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 40 ft.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Alahazra tries to navigate the slick floor, but ends up barely keeping her feet and must retreat behind Slade. She tries again to the same effect, despite her normally nimble feet.

The RNG has not been kind to poor Alahazra....

101 to 150 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM kuey's From the Tome of Righteous Repose (#8-07) - PbP GD6 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.