Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Granta's Beyond Azlant Ridge (low) (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

Maps


251 to 300 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Green (AoO): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Red 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Red 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Green 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Green 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Sirrah: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Maps

Round 2
Effects none

  • Red -
  • Green - 23 damage
  • Sirrah - -3 Con (1/?)
  • Esh - 17 damamge, -2 CON
  • Fargrim - 4 damage, -2 CON (2/?), guidance
  • Triblin -
  • Lissa -

The green serpent strikes Sirrah as he tries to dance by, not doing much damage, but packing a lot of poison into the little scratch. However, Esh's retaliation is swift and severe, as he forces the snake to stare at the rapier blade as it draws closer and closer--until it pierces one eye in a hiss of pain.

As Lissa starts to gather moisture out of the damp jungle air, the sheer volume of water surprises her, and in the excitement of her success, the Varisian overshoots her target.

As two fanged mouths dive down at Fargrim, she manages to anticipate the first the attack and step aside just in time, but the double attack is too well coordinated for her to dodge both bites, as yet more poison pumps into her bloodstream.

The green-scaled serpent's wounds seem to be getting to it, as the creature's feeble strikes miss Esh.

@Sirrah & Fargrim: 2 Fort saves vs. poison, let's get you ahead of me instead of behind.

Everybody is up.

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

Fargrim punches out at the horrible snake, trying to keep it at her distance.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"How are you going with that other snake?" she asks, as she tries to predict where the red one will go next.

sense motive for AC: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

fort,damage,guidance: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 17

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Cleric (Merciful Healer of Sarenrae) 3 HP 21/21 | AC 20 22 underground T 12 14 underground FF 19 21 underground | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Per +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | SPD 20 ft | CMD +12
Channel:
0/7 (2d6) (Sickened)
Rebuke Death:
6/6 (1d4+1)
wands:
CLW 25/50 : Bless 44/50

Grasping his scimitar, the gnome raises the blade high as another wave of energy passes through everyone, yet still not affecting the snake creatures. He then drops the scimitar, a wand appearing in his hand before the blade even hits through round! "A moment, and we'll be blessed!"

Selective Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Liberty's Edge

Human Swashbuckler 3 HP 15/22 | AC 21 FF 16 Touch 15 CMD 18 | Init +6 | Saves Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +2 | Per +6, SenMot +0| Spd 30' Panache 1/3 | Charmed Life 2/3

I Assume I would get to try to save before I take that 3 con damage? If not let me know.

The green snake-thing snaps at Sirrah as he goes by, the poison enters his system. Sirrah has always lead a charmed life, he hopes that luck helps him now.

The saves:

Spend a charmed life for +3

initial fort save v/ poison: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 3 = 22

That looks good -- let me know if not!

Sirrah attempts to leap into a flank with Esh, while screaming.

No guts, no glory!

Acrobatic: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

He lands and attacks the greener snake.

The Attack:

Mwk cold iron rapier + flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24
damage + Precision: 1d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

Lissa growls in irritation as her attacks start going wild. "No, not now, not again...." she mutters as she gathers more water amidst the sounds of crashing surf to launch at the serpents again.

Move action - Gather Power
standard action - Empowered Water Blast vs. Red

Kinetic Blast(PBS,EO,through melee): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 16
Kinetic damage(PBS,EO): 3d6 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6, 4) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 25
37 damage if that hits.

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

"AHA! Nice tumble, my friend! Taste my blade!" shouts the ganzi with renewed vigor, still staring at his scaly foe with his intense gaze.

Thank you Triblin! ^^

MWK Rapier, flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
for Piercing, Painful stare: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (3) = 10

[Esh's HP: 16/27, 2 con dmg]

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Sirrah: Yes, it looks like I got ahead of myself on the poison. Good catch!

GM Rolls:
Red 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Red 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Green 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Green 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Confirmation: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Maps

Round 3
Effects none

  • Red - 5 damage
  • Green - 44 damage
  • Triblin -
  • Sirrah -
  • Esh - 15 damage, -2 CON, poisoned?
  • Fargrim - 4 damage, -2 CON, poisoned?
  • Lissa -

With only two sets of fangs snapping at him instead of four, Sirrah adds a little flair to his dance and even turns his back on the creature for a moment--all without suffering the smallest scratch. Once in position, he skewers the snake and twists the rapier before ripping it back out. Esh instantly capitalizes when the heads turn toward Sirrah in anger, and adds another trail of blood to the once beautiful scales.

Fargrim finally manages to connect with the other snake, but doesn't do much damage--perhaps because her focus is on avoiding those poisonous fangs. Triblin quickly heals his allies, then exchanges weapon for wand. Lissa looks expectantly at the wand and its promise of better aim, as yet another of her attacks misses its mark.

Not a moment after Fargrim resists the poison and heals up, the fangs pierce her pale skin again, delivering another dose of venom. And Esh fares no better, as another solo strike sneaks through his defenses.

@Esh & Fargrim: Please roll two saves, so that I have your results before I post rather than after.

Everybody is up. Since Triblin has effectively announced the bless, I'm going to assume everyone delays until the buff goes up.

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

fort1: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 1 = 17
fort2: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15

Fargrim continues to look into the creatures eyes, mimicking its movements as she occupies its attention.

sense motive for AC: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

At an opportune moment she again quickly reaches out and snaps a quick punch at it.

Attack,bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Have you almost finished that one? This one is getting ansy." says the slowly tiring Fargirm.

"How could these get in here and the archaeologists not know?"

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

I'm not losing control again... I'm NOT losing control again!!

Lissa gets a wild-eyed desperate look on her face, as she calls on the echoes of the surf again and, with a cry, launches another blast at the snake she can easily target.

Move Action - Gather Power
Standard Action - Empowered Water Blast vs. Red

Kinetic Blast(PBS,EO,bless,melee cover): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 19
Kinetic Damage(PBS,EO): 3d6 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 17
So, 25 damage if it hits.

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Cleric (Merciful Healer of Sarenrae) 3 HP 21/21 | AC 20 22 underground T 12 14 underground FF 19 21 underground | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Per +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | SPD 20 ft | CMD +12
Channel:
0/7 (2d6) (Sickened)
Rebuke Death:
6/6 (1d4+1)
wands:
CLW 25/50 : Bless 44/50

The wand glows brightly as Triblin finishes his prayer towards Sarenrae, a magical aura catching all his allies, guiding their attacks in a divine light. "Strike those who aim to harm one's friends and family! Sarenrae, bless us with the guidance to protect all followers, and non believers!"

Bless is now up for a minute!

Liberty's Edge

Human Swashbuckler 3 HP 15/22 | AC 21 FF 16 Touch 15 CMD 18 | Init +6 | Saves Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +2 | Per +6, SenMot +0| Spd 30' Panache 1/3 | Charmed Life 2/3

As the waves of Sarenrae's blessing wash over him, Sirrah looks to pierce the scaly menace once more.

And now, just a little to the left, and yes!

He jabs with his rapier at just the right moment.

Attack roll:

Mwk cold iron rapier + flank + bless: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 24
damage + Precision: 1d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Fort save 1: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 1 = 12
Fort save 2: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 1 = 14

Esh tries his best to contain the poison into his body and rispostes as soon as he can.

MWK Rapier, flank, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 14
for Piercing, painful stare: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (5) = 9

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Fargrim saved both times, Esh the second. Sirrah regains a panache.

GM Rolls:
Esh (rnd 3): 1d3 ⇒ 3
Red 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Red 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Maps

Round 4
Effects bless

  • Red - 30 damage
  • Triblin -
  • Sirrah -
  • Esh - 15 damage, -5 CON
  • Fargrim - 12 damage, -2 CON
  • Lissa -

Triblin's wand lights up, lightening his allies and lending ease to their strikes.

Sirrah's final, bloody blow leaves both serpents equally red. He steps over the body and moves behind the living one, ready to pounce.

Esh's weakened swing falls short, his injuries clearly getting out of control. Farfrim fares little better on the offensive, but her defenses continue to slow down the snake heads, as only one strikes her.

Lissa finally connects with one of the serpent heads, snapping it sideways and back with a jet of pressurized water.

@Fargrim: You saved against this dose as well. Please roll again though, in case you take another bite next round.

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

Fargrim continues to taunt the snake in front of her, mimicing its style as she does so.

intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
sense motive for AC vs first attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34

"I'm not too sure how long I can keep this up..." she mentions to the rest of the group.

fort, just in case: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 1 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

Actually connecting, and not have her shot fly off in a wild direction does wonders for Lissa's focus. and So, her response to Fargrim's comment is to call for the crashing surf yet again, and fling another wave of water at the remaining snake.

Same as last round: Gather Power, Empowered Water Blast.

Kinetic Blast(PBS,EO,Bless,into Melee): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 18
Kinetic damage(PBS,EO): 3d6 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 21
31 damage if that hits.

Liberty's Edge

Human Swashbuckler 3 HP 15/22 | AC 21 FF 16 Touch 15 CMD 18 | Init +6 | Saves Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +2 | Per +6, SenMot +0| Spd 30' Panache 1/3 | Charmed Life 2/3

Sirrah steps forward across from Esh, I'll see what I can do, Love! He replies to Fargrim.

He puts a bit more thrust into his attack this time.

Attack:

5' step, swift spend a panache for +3 precision damage w/Precise strike deed, then attack.

Mwk cold iron rapier + flank + bless: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 25damage + Precision: 1d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 = 15

Oh btw I have 5 damage from that AOO

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Esh: Lissa's attack kills the amphisbaena if you're not in her line of sight. So as long as you're okay taking a 5-ft. step at the end of your turn, either you or Lissa will finish the combat..

detect magic & DC 23 Spellcraft:

Sirrah's rapier dances with beauty, seemingly aware of the enemy's coiling movements as if it were a dance partner. His stab leaves the snake barely able to continue, and Esh quickly steps aside to give Lissa a clear shot for the killing blow.

After healing up, you discover a heavy flail with a magical aura.

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Fargrim eyes the flail with wonder.

"I can't tell what it does, but the aura is most powerful."

She reaches forward to tentatively try and pick it up.

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Fargrim:
You hear a telepathic voice say, "Bewar all thae slithers."

Fargrim lifts the flail without difficulty.

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

Fargrim almost drops the flail in surprise

"Tell me about it. Those nasty things bit me badly, and my friends. Ahhh... who are you?"

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Esh steps away from Lissa's line of sight and sees the amphisbaena being blasted by the kineticist.

He sighs when the combat ends.

"Anyone can help me with the weakness I feel from the poison?" he asks.

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Cleric (Merciful Healer of Sarenrae) 3 HP 21/21 | AC 20 22 underground T 12 14 underground FF 19 21 underground | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Per +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | SPD 20 ft | CMD +12
Channel:
0/7 (2d6) (Sickened)
Rebuke Death:
6/6 (1d4+1)
wands:
CLW 25/50 : Bless 44/50

Sighing, Triblin looks at Esh before speaking up. "Unfortunately, that is out of my range of divine expertise. Let us keep you a bit safer next time, and hopefully I can help you once the mission is over." The gnome looked quite upset that he couldn't help with the affliction, but his faith wasn't strong enough yet for any magical restoration, but maybe over a few weeks of care, Esh should be fine.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

After calming down from that fight, Lissa looks at Esh for a moment, then with a slight wince, she drops her bag and rummages around in it. After a moment, she pulls a scroll from within, and offers it to Triblin. "A friend passed me a pair of these as a thanks for some help. Said something about killing a xenophobic sorceress that I didn't quite follow, but I wasn't going to argue with something like this. From what I can tell, it'll help Esh out. I can't use this without risk, but I'm sure you can."

It's a scroll of lesser restoration.

Whether or not the scroll is taken, she continues talking."Okay, with this, we've seen this whole site, except for the room that the Starwatcher is trapped in. We know that the other two disks are also in the room with it, and we guess that those disks are made to slip into the slots by the monolith. Anyone have any idea on what to do now?"

Liberty's Edge

Human Swashbuckler 3 HP 15/22 | AC 21 FF 16 Touch 15 CMD 18 | Init +6 | Saves Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +2 | Per +6, SenMot +0| Spd 30' Panache 1/3 | Charmed Life 2/3

Everything okay Fargrim? Sirrah inquires after seeing her reaction to picking up the flail. While at the same time pulling out his wand of CLW and handing it to Triblin.

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

"Ahhh... " mutters Fargrim.

She drops the flail in a flash.

"Voices in my head, and I felt suddenly weak... distracted...constrained. I don't think the weapon is wicked as such, but it has a very different outlook on life to me."

I can help you a little Esh.

Lesser Restoration Esh: 1d4 ⇒ 1 and again
Lesser Restoration Esh: 1d4 ⇒ 2

"That is all Desna will allow me today. I can try the scroll as well if you like.."

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Esh sighs relieved. "Thank you my dear Fargrim, and don't worry about that, Triblin. I'm much better now, though not fully restored."

Thank you Fargrim! Esh is at 2 con dmg, which is not unbearable :)

Liberty's Edge

Human Swashbuckler 3 HP 15/22 | AC 21 FF 16 Touch 15 CMD 18 | Init +6 | Saves Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +2 | Per +6, SenMot +0| Spd 30' Panache 1/3 | Charmed Life 2/3

Sirrah raises an eyebrow at Fargrim, ever curious he bends over and picks up the flail.

Hello?! He thinks wondering if Fargrim took in to much snake venom or if the weapon really speaks in your head.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

Lissa shrugs and returns the scroll to her bag. "Fair enough, though my point still stands.We have to stop this Starwatcher from escaping."

Edit:

After a pause and a look down the hall toward the crack, she adds, "No, we shouldn't discuss this here. Back to Arletta, then further plotting. But we need to hurry." And with that, she swings her bag back onto her back, and swiftly heads for the camp.

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Does anybody else want to try wielding the flail?

Status:
Sirrah - 1 daamge
Esh - 15 damage, -2 CON
Fargrim - 12 damage, -2 CON

Sirrah also feels weaker and less capable while holding the heavy flail, but suffers no lasting harm once he sets it down again. As you walk into the room with the Azlanti monolith, you can tell that it is about to break down the door.

Position yourselves and cast any buffs you desire.

Arletta doesn't have anything to add at this point. All you have left is the final combat, and I strongly encourage you to heal up as much as possible before hand. It is a brutal fight.

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

Seeing the door about to come down, Fargrim quickly heals herself and Esh.

CLW Fargrim: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
CLW Esh: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
She then uses shield of faith calls down divine favour on herself.

"If you have a wand, now is the time to use it."

Actually if anyone has a wand, that would be a better way to heal, and Fargrim and bless everyone

Liberty's Edge

Human Swashbuckler 3 HP 15/22 | AC 21 FF 16 Touch 15 CMD 18 | Init +6 | Saves Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +2 | Per +6, SenMot +0| Spd 30' Panache 1/3 | Charmed Life 2/3

Sure use my wand...Bless would be great!

Anyone lawful about that can talk to the flail..my guess.
I'm good for position

Disappointed the flail didn't speak to him and noticing the weakening effects, Sirrah begrudging lays down the flail. Waste of a weapon! He takes out his rapier and swings it about. That's better.

Moving into position Sirrah strains to see beyond the monolith.

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

I think anyone non chaotic would work for the flail

Fargrim uses a bless instead of healing Esh, then taps him a couple of times with Sirrah's wand

CLW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 8) + 2 = 17

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

You can also use my wand ^^

Esh doesn't care for the flail. "A waaaaaaaaste of a weapon!" he declares, as one who fully embraces chaos.

Before going further, he hops towards Sirrah and chitchats a bit with him and suddenly snaps his fingers and goes away laughing. No change of note is made. Trick implemented!

"Now now! I'mmmm Reaaaaaaaaadyyyy!" he declares, drawing his rapier and taking a pose.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

Lissa was more concerned with talking about what to do, then get additional info from Arletta. She just didn't want talk that close to the crack in the wall, where the Starwatcher could hear her. But if any sort of planning is moot(Note to self:I should shift Lissa alignment a step toward Lawful after this), then so be it.

Lissa dumps her backpack outside the room, and fishes a potion out from her belt pouch. "Now is as good a time as any." Looking toward the others, she speaks up. "Considering that the Starwatcher wanted to keep those discs," she gestures to the wall where the two that have are in slots, "in with it, they're probably important. I'm going to dive after them. Anyone have a problem with that?"

Preparing to drink my potion of Fly just before the door breaks.

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

"Those niche are pretty high up. It would be good if there was someone tall to put them in there. Can anyone enlarge folk?"

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

It looks like there were four cure light wounds rolled: 3, 5, 7, 8. Which were wand charges, and from whose wands?

Bless is up. Lissa drinks a potion of fly.

Enlarge Person would allow a single person to place a disc. Right now it takes two people.

Esh, what trick did you implant in Sirrah? Is anybody carrying the flail?

This fight is a potential TPK, so I need everybody to explicitly say they are ready before we start. I don't want somebody dying because I started before they finished prepping.

Liberty's Edge

Human Swashbuckler 3 HP 15/22 | AC 21 FF 16 Touch 15 CMD 18 | Init +6 | Saves Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +2 | Per +6, SenMot +0| Spd 30' Panache 1/3 | Charmed Life 2/3

My wand is fine.

Don't think we have enlarge person among us.

I've been tricked!

The only non-chaotic person we have is Triblin, NG, @Triblin would you like to see what happens when you pick up the flail?

READY!

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

I suggest we hold off starting until the web site returns to good condition

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Sorry, I forgot to write it down. I implemented "False Flanker" in Sirrah's mind. If the fight's a potential TPK, might I request the use of the scroll offered earlier by Lissa to heal Esh's constitution to full?

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Cleric (Merciful Healer of Sarenrae) 3 HP 21/21 | AC 20 22 underground T 12 14 underground FF 19 21 underground | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Per +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | SPD 20 ft | CMD +12
Channel:
0/7 (2d6) (Sickened)
Rebuke Death:
6/6 (1d4+1)
wands:
CLW 25/50 : Bless 44/50

Bless shall be up! I just noticed that the site is buggered. Also, I'm willing to wait until the site is properly working again. Triblin will help out as needed to restore everyone back to full before we have fun in this fight!

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Healing rolls so far: 4, 6, 8, 9. Divide the rolls as you wish. Current questions are:

  • Is Triblin carrying the flail
  • Is Lissa using her scroll on Esh's constitution damage?
  • Is everybody ready, including positioning their icons?

Status & Buffs:
bless
Sirrah - 1 damage, false flanker
Esh - 15 damage, -2 CON
Fargrim - 12 damage, -2 CON
Lissa - fly

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

Fargrim did a seven on herself earlier as well. If I take the six, that would take me up to full. eight and nine for Esh leaving hte four for Sirrah and us all maxed out.

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Esh has a wand as well. He gladly takes any healing he can get before going into the last room.

Liberty's Edge

Human Swashbuckler 3 HP 15/22 | AC 21 FF 16 Touch 15 CMD 18 | Init +6 | Saves Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +2 | Per +6, SenMot +0| Spd 30' Panache 1/3 | Charmed Life 2/3

2 charges from Sirrah's wand and 2 from Esh's, everyone full

Sirrah waves his rapier around waiting for the monolith to breech the room.

flail and scroll need to be determined...if Triblin doesn't carry the flail then Sirrah at least brings it into the room and lays it by the disk area.

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Haha juste toss the flail into the watcher's face as if it were a handgrenade xD

Liberty's Edge

Human Swashbuckler 3 HP 15/22 | AC 21 FF 16 Touch 15 CMD 18 | Init +6 | Saves Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +2 | Per +6, SenMot +0| Spd 30' Panache 1/3 | Charmed Life 2/3

Just guessing the flail is more than simple loot. It must play a role in the final battle so, we probably need someone to have it. Preferably someone that is not weakened by it.

Silver Crusade

Male Gnome Cleric (Merciful Healer of Sarenrae) 3 HP 21/21 | AC 20 22 underground T 12 14 underground FF 19 21 underground | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Per +3 | Darkvision 60 ft | SPD 20 ft | CMD +12
Channel:
0/7 (2d6) (Sickened)
Rebuke Death:
6/6 (1d4+1)
wands:
CLW 25/50 : Bless 44/50

Triblin looks at the others and nods before picking up the flail and channels once more to make sure most of the wounds are closed. Bouncing on his toes, the gnome's excitement could hardly be contained, even if there was quite the chance for death in his future. No, he knew that the bleaching wouldn't take him to his goddess, but rather the protection and safety of his compatriots. "Sarenrae, watch your devout, as he stands at another trial for your blessing."

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Let's move on. Using the scroll of lesser restoration is an easy thing to retcon. I redirected two of the buffs to Esh. Given what you guys have said you intend, I think they will be most helpful on him.

@Triblin: Save your channel. I don't feel like retconning the math, and you will probably need all the channels you can get for this boss.

GM Rolls:
Initiative (Esh): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Initiative (Fargrim): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Initiative (Lissa): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Initiative (Sirrah): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Initiative (Triblin): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Initiative (GM): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

DC 16+ Knowledge (planes):
Xacarbas are resistant to most damage (except good), acid, cold, fire, and magic. They are completely immune to electricity and poison.

DC 21+ Knowledge (planes):
They are poisonous. Each of their three tails can act independently. They can redirect an enemy’s spell if he is not careful to defend against it.

DC 26+ Knowledge (planes):
They are very good at attacking distracted foes who give them the opportunity.

Maps

Round 1
Effects bless

  • Fargrim - -2 CON
  • GM -
  • Triblin -
  • Esh - fly, shield of faith, -2 CON
  • Sirrah - false flanker
  • Lissa -

With a final blow, the enormous iron golem smashes through the stone doors. Framed in the doorway is a gargantuan black-and-red serpent with three tails and six eyes. A gloating telepathic cry exudes from the creature, “Foolish, mindless machine! Now you are the prisoner, and I am finally free!” With a dazzling flash, the two creatures change places: the golem in the smaller room and the serpentine fiend outside of it. As the serpent begins to uncoil, the golem lunges forward and grasps the fiend by its head. The two titans are in a temporary stalemate; the golem cannot release its hold or the fiend will escape, and the fiend cannot break the golem’s grip.

Fargrim is up. The last two discs are marked on the map. And this rule doesn't come up often, so I'll remind everybody: the serpent is big enough that you can move through its square without having to roll Acrobatics, though you still provoke an attack of opportunity.

Liberty's Edge

Female Assimar (archon blooded) F Assimar Inquisitor/5 HP38/38; AC 19(*) | T9 | FF 17| CMB |CMD 13| Fort +5| Ref +1| Will +8| Init +4 | Perc +14|LOOKOUT FEAT(use allies surprise/init)| Speed 40; (*Snake Style, AC is 1d20+21 vs first attack)

Fargrim dashes forward, trying to avoid the horrible creatures tentacles as she heads for the remaining disks...

sense motive vs first attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

With a double move and base move of 40' she can easily make it to the disks. Whether she can avoid the tail... that is something else entirely.

planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"What is that thing?" she wonders out loud, wasting precious breath that would be better spent moving quickly.

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Good thing I put the shield of faith on Esh, he would've gotten hit and grappled without that AC boost!

GM Rolls:
Tail AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Grab: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (5) + 37 = 42
Tail 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Grab: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (2) + 37 = 39
Tail 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Grab: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (14) + 37 = 51
Tail 3: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Grab: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (16) + 37 = 53

Maps

Round 1-2
Effects bless

  • GM -
  • Triblin -
  • Esh - fly, shield of faith, -2 CON
  • Sirrah - 5 damage, grappled, false flanker
  • Lissa -
  • ---Round 2---
  • Fargrim - -2 CON

Fargrim rushes over to the two discs, spinning away from a tail slap almost before it swings her way. One disc glows brightly, even more so than the light disc, and the other one twinkles with a dim light.

Lissa and Esh also manage to dodge the tails that strike out at them, but Sirrah takes a blow to the torso--and gets wrapped up in the tail and pulled closer to the creature.

Everybody is up.

251 to 300 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Granta's Beyond Azlant Ridge (low) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.