Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Granta's #6-18: From Under Ice (1) (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

Maps


101 to 150 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

"Sorry, Declan. I didn't know that was your intention. I prefer hot women rader than cold women. But it seems we are different."

Fort vs cold + Outfit: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 5 = 21

Survival aid + Haltani' help: 1d20 + 0 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 0 + 4 = 13

Sovereign Court

Confirmation Maps

Status:
  • Slamu - 4 damage
  • Theo - 7 damage
  • Declan - 6 damage

    All damage is nonlethal and cannot be healed until you warm up.

  • It requires some help, but Slamu eventually finds some rugged hills where the ground becomes hard and icy. An enormous rocky mound protrudes from the ground, covered in ice and snow. On the northeast side of the mound, thick walls of ice cascade down the side of the hill like a miniature glacier. Two shapeless stone monoliths stand near the base of the mound.

    Getting through the ice is your next obstacle.

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    Shivering Theophilus spits out, Lets go ahead and use that clay on the wall. I'll stay here and, uh, make sure it goes ok

    If able to stay there long enough to get warm, Theo will break out his wand of cure light wounds to get back up to full.
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    M Streetshark Brawler 4
    Resources:
    Mutagen 1/1

    Oh, I totally forgot about the clay.

    "Jawesome idea Theo! On second thought, why don't we all keep an eye on it", Big Slamu offers helpfully.

    I don't think I've bought a wand yet. Can Slamu get a tap off the wand too?

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    Ugh. Fine. Just have shorty use it.

    np

    Grand Lodge

    M Streetshark Brawler 4
    Resources:
    Mutagen 1/1

    Thanks!

    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    "Well, fellows. We can rest for a moment to recover. But, not for a long time. I guess when night comes this weather could be lethal. We best keep moving as soon as possible."

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    What're you talking about? We're working here! Theophilus points to the clay that is hopefully softening the ice wall.
    I'm sweating I'm working so hard.

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    DC 15 Knowledge (engineering):
    You notice a dirtier patch of ice that has lots of impurities in it--and thus a lower melting point. Additionally, you apply the clay at ground level so that the heat will pass over more ice as it rises, and start with a small amount then slowly add more, causing the melted area to collapse into a tunnel and trap even more heat in the ice.

    This reduces the amount of clay necessary to melt the ice, allowing the rest to be used for warming up. Everybody is now warm enough to heal and does not need to make Fort saves.

    The clay produces enough heat to warm three people. One person is still left in the cold, and has to make another Fortitude save.

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    Theophilus is unwilling to face the cold again unless forced.

    Only 4 hp away from passing out from frostbite...

    Grand Lodge

    M Streetshark Brawler 4
    Resources:
    Mutagen 1/1

    I don't mean to throw you under the bus but it should probably be Baphos. He's least affected by the cold penalties.

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    "Damn you, freezing cold. I know you are working, but it is best for us to do it fast. I won't endure this cold weather for so long."

    Fort vs cold + Outfit: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 5 = 18

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    Everybody other than Baphos is able to heal up before this encounter.

    GM Rolls:
    Baphos: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    Status:
    Baphos - 6 nonlethal

    Shivering, Baphos suffers frostbite while watching his allies huddle around the melting ice. However, just you finish melting a path through the ice, a large wolf jumps out of the snow and laughs before speaking, "Did you know that your companion is the jadwiga Uliyara, niece to Baroness Urgalaena of Saarbotten? Obviously not! She has deceived you, and who knows what harm might have befallen you because of her betrayal, had I not appeared. Surrender her to me, and continue your exploration in safety."

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    I have no idea what half of those words are. I know what a baroness is. Deceived too, I guess.
    All that aside, I can't say I know what 'surrendering' someone to a talking wolf looks like. Can't say I like the idea either.

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    "Good wolf, I don't think so. We won't surrender her to no one, and we will continue our exploration in safety. Have a nice day."

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Trying to calm the wolf. Baphos smiles at the wolf.

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    GM Rolls:
    Initiative (Declan): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Initiative (Theophilus): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
    Initiative (Baphos): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
    Initiative (Slamu): 1d20 ⇒ 6
    Initiative (GM): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

    Maps

    Round 1
    Effects none

    • Theophilus -
    • Declan -
    • Baphos - 6 nonlethal
    • Rigrory -
    • Slamu -

    The wolf leaps to attack as soon as he realizes you won't turn over the jadwiga.

    Everybody except Slamu is up.

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    Theophilus dashes to the side and spins around to face Rigrory as a vial of Alchemist's Fire whips towards the wolf from the telekinetic's belt.

    Loosened Strand Telekinetic Blast v. Touch: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
    Fire Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue 1| AC 11, FF 11, T 10| HP 14 /14| Perception +8| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

    Declan quickly takes a shot at the wolf.

    Comp. Shortbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (4) = 10 includes sneak attack

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    Baphos moves his hands, pronounces "Guía" and touches Slamu's shoulder. "Big fellow, use this small help."

    Baphos casts guidance on Slamu.

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    GM Rolls:
    Cold: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 Recharge: 1d4 ⇒ 4

    Maps

    Round 1-2
    Effects none

    • Rigrory - on fire
    • Slamu - 5 damage?, guidance
    • ---Round 2---
    • Theophilus -
    • Declan -
    • Baphos - 5 damage?, 6 nonlethal

    Theophilus' alchemist fire splashes all over the the clean, white fur, creating a nauseous smell. While Declan hastily draws his bow and shoots an errant arrow several feet above the target, and Baphos offers some divine assistance to Slamu.

    Rigrory sidesteps and then breathes a frozen cloud of air at several of you.

    Everybody is up.

    @Baphos and Slamu: Reflex save for half damage.

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    Theophilus steps forward, concentrates, and a heavy stone slams into the the burning wolf's flank.

    Telekinetic Blast: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
    Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
    Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

    Grand Lodge

    M Streetshark Brawler 4
    Resources:
    Mutagen 1/1

    Reflex (guidance): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11 Not sure what the DC is but I assume that fails.

    Big Slamu eats the brunt of the freezing breath. He brushes off the bits of frost and steps forward to slam the hostile worg with both of his meaty fists.

    Punch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
    Confirming: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
    Extra Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    Punch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
    Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    Combat over, but still need a Reflex save from Baphos.

    Status:
    Slamu - 5 damage
    Baphos - 5 damage?, 6 nonlethal

    Slamu takes the cold blast right in the face, but returns better than he got with a quick left-right combination. Theophilus wills a stone to fly fast into the wolf's side, audibly cracking multiple ribs. Combined with the lingering fire, the damage is just too much to take, and the wolf falls over unconscious.

    After healing up, you enter the melted tunnel and see . . . intricate gilded stonework adorns the entrance, and a complex marble mosaic paves the floor. Arrow slits flank the north and south sides of the hall, but the north side has collapsed and is choked with rubble. On the eastern end, two 10-foot-tall marble statues of armored dwarves flank a fresco depicting an opulent throne room. The faces of the statues have been broken off.

    Ice covers the floor. Characters must spend 2 squares of movement to enter a square covered by ice, and the DC for Acrobatics checks increases by 5. Note: this is a different effect than difficult terrain.

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    M Streetshark Brawler 4
    Resources:
    Mutagen 1/1

    Theophilus's CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Big Slamu takes a wide stance and slowly works his way across the icy terrain. "Careful! This ice is mighty slipper", he warns.

    I don't know if there's a map we need to navigate by. Have we passed any doors or passages? Does anybody want to check out the faceless statues? If not I suppose we keep moving forward.

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    Well, broke-face dwarves seem like the right place. I say we head on in.

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    Baphos takes full damage from the cold breath.

    Status:
    Baphos - 5 damage, 6 nonlethal

    Everybody crosses the hallway safely. Once you get closer to the statues, the path turns into more emptiness that extends beyond the range of anybody's vision.

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    Theophilus creeps up to the corner and takes a peak into the next room from his hiding place.
    Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
    Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    Baphos casts detect magic over the statues before to get closer. If the statues don't have magic on them, he comes closer and waits to see the reaction of the group.

    If the statues aren't magical, Baphos studies them.

    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    Grand Lodge

    M Streetshark Brawler 4
    Resources:
    Mutagen 1/1

    Big Slamu joins the halfling in staring at the statues. "What are we looking for?"

    Perception: 10 + 10 = 20

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    "I really don't know, but maybe we can find a secret compartment or a device to activate something useful."

    Grand Lodge

    1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue 1| AC 11, FF 11, T 10| HP 14 /14| Perception +8| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

    "Give me a few moments. I'll see what I can find." Declan casts Detect Magic and starts searching the statues.
    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

    I hate this dice roller.

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    Nobody finds anything magical or interesting about the statues, but Slamu discovers a secret door in the west wall. Inside is an abandoned, caved in armory. The only item of interest or value is an ivory-handled heavy crossbow and a heavy steel shield, both of expert craftsmanship. And lots of broken wood shelves.

    Grand Lodge

    1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue 1| AC 11, FF 11, T 10| HP 14 /14| Perception +8| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

    Once the group figures out who will carry the items, Declan leads them to the east.

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

    Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    Heyyy. That's something worth the trip. You're okay to carry those, right Gills?

    Theophilus follows after Declan.

    Grand Lodge

    M Streetshark Brawler 4
    Resources:
    Mutagen 1/1

    Slamu's happy to carry whatever folks don't need.

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    Baphos can use the crossbow, he is interested in it. How many projectiles does it have?

    Baphos casts detect magic on the crossbow and the shield, just in case.

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    @Baphos: no ammunition, just the weapon.

    Eventually, you move down the east hallway and find thousands of icicles covering the ceiling of this cylindrical chamber. The outside edge forms a perfect circular curve, cutting into stone without mark of chisel or tool, impossibly smooth. Only places where ice flows over the stone, or where the structures have collapsed, mar the perfect precision of the cylinder. The remains of workshops and living spaces, still furnished, pea through holes in the cylindrical void. At the southern and western edges of the cavern, large portions of the stone and ice have collapsed, cutting into the immense void with piles of rubble.

    The map isn’t even close to scale. This sphere is HUGE.

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    What the hell happened here? It's like someone took a huge scoop of ice cave and walked off with it... Oh hey! Now that a wolf isn't trying to freeze-eat us, are you some kind of jaddlewig baroness? I didn't catch the details, but I'm assuming talking wolves don't just hunt guides for sport even in Irrisen.

    Grand Lodge

    1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue 1| AC 11, FF 11, T 10| HP 14 /14| Perception +8| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

    "Let's try these doors before going into the circle." Declan then moves to the northern door and investigates it before trying to open it.

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    Baphos follows Declan in silence, but looking at Haltani, he is curious about her answer.

    Sense motive on Haltani and her answer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    Before
    Haltani removes her hat, and her appearance instantly changes to that of a regal blonde. "My mother, Baroness Nadya of Dalun, sent me to Whiterook as a trade envoy. But we were attacked just before reaching the settlement. My entire party was murdered, and I only survived by disguising my appearance and fleeing."

    "When you met me, I was searching for a safe means of returning home. Though I have come to trust you now, at the time I had no reason to risk my safety by revealing my true identity."

    Now
    Baphos doesn't sense any deception, and Declan doesn't sense any traps, or even locks, on any of the three doors. After a few minutes of exploration and searching, you find nothing but ice and ruin behind two of them, and prepare to open the third.

    Please position yourselves and Haltani around the remaining door. We'll open it tomorrow.

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    If people haven't positioned their icons by tomorrow, I'm going to assume they want to stay in their current location and proceed as is.

    Grand Lodge

    1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue 1| AC 11, FF 11, T 10| HP 14 /14| Perception +8| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

    Declan investigates the doors, but is not the one to open them. He steps to the side to allow one more robust to perform that job.

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    Slamu opens the door and finds an old apartment occupied only by a dwarf frozen in solid ice.

    The Exchange

    Male Human (Varisian) Kineticist (Telekinetic) 2| HP 21*/19 |Burn 0/6| AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | F +6, R +7, W +1 | Init +6 | Perc +6

    Huh. That's odd. Any chance he's still alive in there? Or that that's actually a huge diamond?

    Scarab Sages

    Male Halfling Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry /2 - HP 17/17, AC 17, T 13, FF 15, F +4, R +4, W +5, Initiative +6, Perception +3, Concentration +7

    Baphos comes closer to the door and casts detect magic all over this apartment.

    Grand Lodge

    M Streetshark Brawler 4
    Resources:
    Mutagen 1/1

    Big Slamu looks around for signs of who or what frozen said dwarf in ice.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

    Sovereign Court

    Confirmation Maps

    Baphos senses magic in the room, but can't see the source directly from the hallway.

    Slamu doesn't notice anything unusual--other than the dwarfsicle--or any explanation for the giant ice cube of dwarf.

    Grand Lodge

    1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue 1| AC 11, FF 11, T 10| HP 14 /14| Perception +8| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

    Since nothing jumped out to kill them, Declan goes in and investigates.

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
    Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

    101 to 150 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Granta's #6-18: From Under Ice - Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.