[PFS] GM Dennis - #6-10 The Wounded Wisp (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 271 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Please dot in here, then delete your post.

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

As you sit in the Grand Lodge finishing your reports from the expedition to the Kortos mounts, a summons arrives for you! Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng, known for putting off-duty agents to work on sundry tasks when he finds them resting within the city’s limits, has called you to meet him on a nondescript street corner far from the Grand Lodge.

Coming to the meeting place, a lone beggar garbed in baggy robes approaches. The only figure visible in the constant drizzle, the beggar sticks out his hands for currency. “Have you any coin to spare, fine folk?”

The question hangs in the air for only a scant moment before the figure pulls back his hood to reveal the wizened face of Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng. He gives a crooked smile, soaked head to toe from his unprotected time in the rain. His clothes smell faintly of cabbage.

“Sorry about that” he says with a wink. “I always like to play a little joke on agents when I stumble across them during my jaunts into town. Now, why did I summon you fine folk here again…?” Dreng shakes his head from side to side, as though trying to knock water out of his ears, despite the constant downpour.

“Ah yes, the Wounded Wisp! I’m undercover now and can’t stray far from the site I’m watching, but I need someone to retrieve a package for me from that fine establishment. It’s among Absalom’s most storied taverns, you see, and one that holds a special place of privilege in the Society’s lore as the place where the organization began (despite what others may tell you about that dump the Pig's Paunch). Well, I could drone on and on about it, but standing out in the rain is doing none of us any favors.” As if anticipating agreement, the bedraggled venture captain produces a small slip of folded paper from one of his many stitched pockets. Dreng quickly shows a glimpse of the page’s contents: a map detailing the location of the Wounded Wisp bar.

“The bartender is a woman by the name of Heryn Gale, a fine lady who came to own the Wisp after the passing of her father from—oh, bah, it’s really getting too cold for me to give a proper history lesson! If you could just go to the Wisp, and tell Heryn you’re there to pick up my parcel, it would be most appreciated. I’ll be around here for several more hours at least.”

Knowledge(history)10+:
The Wounded Wisp was a bar once frequented by the original members of the Pathfinder Society before the Society was even formed. Inside the Wisp, acquaintances would share stories about their adventurous exploits with one another.

Knowledge(history) 15+:
Many volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles came together under the Wisp’s roof. Famous Pathfinders like Eando Kline and the Seeker Osprey often stopped by for a drink while they relaxed in Absalom between assignments. Though not officially affiliated with the Society, the bar maintains good relations with Pathfinders, offering discounts and prompt service. The owners have always kept themselves and the Wisp afloat through the generosity of Society agents who spend coin at the establishment.

Knoledge(history) 20+:
Selmius Foster was one of the founding members of the Pathfinder Society, known to have frequented the Wisp often and occasionally taken up residence in a spare room between his travels. His celebrated exploits first appeared in Volume 1 of the Pathfinder Chronicles.

Knowledge(history) 25+:
Following the death of Selmius Foster on the island of Bhopan, his assistant Adolphus made several donations to maintain one of his mentor’s favorite sites. The exact arrangement between Adolphus and the owners of the Wisp was never disclosed, but it is said that some of this gold came from the same fortune that Adolphus used to found the Pathfinder lodge in Quantium.

You have a brief moment to ask questions before Dreng shuffles off out fo the rain.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Unchained Monk 2.1 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +3 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 23/23 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 (Evasion) | Perception +8 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 14) 2/2 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds | Deflect Arrows

Knowledge (History), untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 18

"Ah... I've heard of that place before. It was the place the original Society members frequented. Never been there before but wanted to."

"Is getting the parcel the only objective?"

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 15/23 | AC:14, 10 tch, 12 FF | Fort:+6, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: MW Great axe +8 (1d12+7 dmg), Mace+7 (1d8+5dmg)|CMD 17
Half-Orc |HP 11/19|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 17| Fort: 4, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+4 Bloodrager (spelleater) 2|Att: MW Great axe +6 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +4 (1d6+3)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day, Orc ferocity 1/1 day,Blood rage 4/7day,blood of life(fast heal 1 while raging)

Makon grunts...Is the beer any good in that place Venture...Oh I'm sorry your under cover...umm... Makon starts to whistle in a low tone, Yeah...um old homeless beggar....That I've never Met, Um...do you know a good place to get beer? Makon is all smiles *whisper* tehe!..What's that you say? The wounded wisp...never heard of it! But, maybe me and my friends will give it a try... Makon takes a silver out of his purse and drops it in Venture Captain Dreng's cup. Makon then slugs the Venture officer on the shoulder and even more loudly annouces to the empty streets. Thanks old beggar man. We'll be leaving you alone to you know, beg! tehe! ..*wink*..*wink* Yep nothing unusual here! Just some friends going for a drink and talking to a bum....ok we're leaving now!

about 2 minutes later while walking down the street.
Hey guys how'd I do? ...Did you like the way I covered for everybody? Makon is earnest without a hint of irony. Hey why'd the ..*whisper* vc.. keep motioning with his hand across his throat like someone was cutting it? Makon happily trots to the Wisp with the others..Say do any of you remember what the *whisper* vc.. wanted us to get? Those that are paying attention can literally see that, Makon is skipping, more than walking. Well anyway,Sure hope the beer is good!

Sovereign Court

Celeste says, from under Traianus's very damp broad-brimmed hat, "Master Dreng! I was just going to look for you! It's great to run into you like this! Do you have a registration form for--"

Sovereign Court

LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 5/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... MW Greatsword (s) +5 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

"--not now, Celeste. Master Dreng, that's a grand joke. Well done! Is there anything we should know about this parcel?"

He takes his hat off and tries to wring it out. "I'm down for a beer if you are, Makon."

Knowledge (history) Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 15 Maxes out at 10.

Sovereign Court

"Hat back on! Hat back on! Now! Those lessons were for you, not me."

Knowledge (history) Untrained: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14 Maxed out at 10.

"I can't believe you'd do that to me, Traianus! I'm going to hang out with Neuthro for a while. Neuthro, you mind a pretty girl on your arm? You wouldn't expose me to the elements like that, now, would you?"

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 15/23 | AC:14, 10 tch, 12 FF | Fort:+6, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: MW Great axe +8 (1d12+7 dmg), Mace+7 (1d8+5dmg)|CMD 17
Half-Orc |HP 11/19|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 17| Fort: 4, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+4 Bloodrager (spelleater) 2|Att: MW Great axe +6 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +4 (1d6+3)
special:
Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day, Orc ferocity 1/1 day,Blood rage 4/7day,blood of life(fast heal 1 while raging)
Trianus wrote:
"I'm down for a beer if you are, Makon."

If Son of Cayden gets there before us there may be no beer left! *har*! Makon slaps Trianus on the back perhaps a little harder than social norms allow. He cackles several times at his mediocre joke, on the way to the pub; often mouthing the words silently, and then giggling before he reaches the punchline.

Sovereign Court

LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 5/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... MW Greatsword (s) +5 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

Traianus grins and returns the backslap. "You're right! We'd better hurry! I hope this place still has some of that Absalom City stuff."

Notable changes from last time: Traianus is investing in a wand of cure light wounds and a masterwork greatsword, for what it's worth, from his Confirmation chronicle gold.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Unchained Monk 2.1 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +3 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 23/23 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 (Evasion) | Perception +8 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 14) 2/2 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds | Deflect Arrows

Nuethro smiles at Celeste, "Always room for a pretty girl on my arm. Plus, I always treat a lady hanging out with me fairly." Nuethro extends his arm out for Celeste to perch on.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision |
Spells:
Cantrips: Daze, Detect Magic, Resistance, Unwitting Ally. L1: Chord of Shards, Sleep

Knowledge-History via Bardic Knowledge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"De Wounded Wisp? I never heard of de place before. Are jou sure de Pathfinders go dere? But if jou wanna us to go dere, mon, we go dere. Jou be right, it is cold out here."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 2 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; CMD 15; hp 15/15, F+1, R+4, W+4 (+6 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

Son of Cayden come stumbling down the alley, sniffling and holding his traveling cloak tight around his shoulders.

"ATCHOO! sorry lady and gentlemen, it seems I came down with something in those damp gillmen caves. I need a few stiff gins to chase this cold methinks... a bar sounds like a lovely idea!"

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates
Traianus wrote:
"Is there anything we should know about this parcel?"

“Before you judge, despite my current attire, I’m still a man of taste. The parcel is actually a special vintage of wine from the cellar of the Wounded Wisp. I’ve been sampling their finer wines in descending order of bottling. I dare not disappear from my current role in this district, but I also would appreciate some comfort items. After all, I doubt anyone would judge a supposed beggar sipping from a bottle of wine.“

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

Built from dark, discolored wood, the exterior of the Wounded Wisp is the image of an iconic dive bar. Stained and barred windows obscure direct vision into the establishment, though ruddy yellow light bleeds from a window in the front hall. The only distinguishing feature on the Wisp’s exterior is a thick wooden sign hanging from above the bar’s entrance. A brass ring fitted onto the sign anchors a lantern that hangs there during the evening hours.

The walls of the long wooden hallway that serves as entrance to The Wisp are covered in numerous decorations and trophies left by successful Pathfinders who’ve donated minor paraphernalia to the bar. You make your way past the coat check (stowing whatever you wish with the teenage employee), and your senses are assailed with the smells of smoke and spilled ale as you make your way into the tavern proper. Walls of dark-stained wood make up the sides of the Wounded Wisp, while well-used wooden tables are spread throughout the space. A raised area in the back of the establishment houses several additional tables and eating areas for groups seeking more than just a good drink. An austere bar supported by kegs instead of wooden panels commands the northern end of the room. A stained-glass cabinet stands behind the bar, its dark panes cracked in several spots, yet not so opaque as to conceal the several dozen types of hard liquor within.

A handful of patrons are scattered about the place, and a woman matching Heryn Gale works behind the bar, serving those at the stools directly while preparing drinks for the wait staff who attend to those at tables. ”Hello there! What can I getcha?” she asks as you walk in.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Unchained Monk 2.1 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +3 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 23/23 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 (Evasion) | Perception +8 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 14) 2/2 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds | Deflect Arrows

Nuethro smiles at Heryn. "Greetings. Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng has sent us to pick up a parcel for him."

Sovereign Court

Celeste gives Neuthro a peck on the cheek in thanks--quite literally. "Thank you, my good gentleman." She shakes out her feathers and puffs up like a ball of fluff for a moment.

Sovereign Court

LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 5/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... MW Greatsword (s) +5 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

Traianus walks inside and wrings out his hat again. He walks toward the bar with Neuthro. "Heeeey, this is a great place you've got here! We're not just here for a parcel. Whatcha got on tap? I'll have one, he'll have one. And my friend here" his eyes narrow in thought as he looks at Son. "Might want two. Or three?"

Grand Lodge

Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

”Ah yes, Drandle that old scoundrel. You must be the latest bunch of Pathfinders he’s put to ‘good’ use. Well, I can take you down to the basement to get it, but I’m afraid it will have to wait a few minutes until my relief gets here. Until then, how ‘bout a drink on the house and you can judge the ale for yourself? Most of the folks in here are connected to the Society in some way or another. I’m sure you can find someone to chat with while you wait.”

-----

Looking around the room, you see the following people:

  • A halfling woman sits surrounded by a group of newly-confirmed Pathfinder agents, recounting the tale of Society founder Durvin Gest and the fabled Lens of Galundari. As you turn away from the bar she looks up, smiles and waves at you. It's your friend Janira!

  • A human man, appearing to be of Kelishite descent and dressed in the manner of a successful merchant, sits alone at a table. You notice a prominent holy symbol of Sarenrae on his person.

  • Twin half-orcs, very clearly brother and sister, laugh and tell loud (and bawdy) jokes over large mugs of ale. They seem friendly enough, and Haryn chuckles in spite of herself at some of their jokes heard across the room.

  • An older human man with a vaguely professorial look sits at the bar reading from an ominous tome as he sips from an oversized flagon of ale.

    Anyone you'd like to talk to?

  • Liberty's Edge

    Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision |
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Daze, Detect Magic, Resistance, Unwitting Ally. L1: Chord of Shards, Sleep

    "Look, my friends. Dere is Janira. She is entertaining new Pathfinders like us. Let's say hello to her."

    Mar Leigh makes his way over to Janira after getting a mug of beer from the bartender.

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 15/23 | AC:14, 10 tch, 12 FF | Fort:+6, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: MW Great axe +8 (1d12+7 dmg), Mace+7 (1d8+5dmg)|CMD 17
    Half-Orc |HP 11/19|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 17| Fort: 4, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+4 Bloodrager (spelleater) 2|Att: MW Great axe +6 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +4 (1d6+3)
    special:
    Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day, Orc ferocity 1/1 day,Blood rage 4/7day,blood of life(fast heal 1 while raging)

    Makon accepts the Drink with a polite, Thank you ma'am. Makon rotates his head around the room and his gaze lands on some fellow 1/2 orcs. Makon pats Cayden on the shoulder and says, Get better my friend! Enjoy the drink! Think I've found some interesting people to talk to...come join us! If you feel up to it! Makon walks over to the two half orcs and proudly announces, Makon Grimug, newly confirmed Pathfinder and veteran of the Solstice Scar, at your service! Makon holds up 3 fingers motioning for the teenager to bring over three more drinks to the table. Hmm how did my beer get 1/2 empty from the bar to here? Did I set it down near Son of Cayden? Makon wonders as he swallows another gulp without thinking about it.

    diplomacy (if applicable): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Human Unchained Monk 2.1 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +3 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 23/23 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 (Evasion) | Perception +8 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 14) 2/2 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds | Deflect Arrows

    Nuethro thanks the woman for the free ale and then turns to Janira to join her while they wait.

    "Fancy meeting you here Janira. Are you stalking us?" he smiles with his lighthearted jab as he takes a seat next to her.

    Liberty's Edge

    Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 2 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; CMD 15; hp 15/15, F+1, R+4, W+4 (+6 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

    Son of Cayden lines up three shots of gin, and downs them in quick succession. Shuddering, he then refills his tin tankard with ale, and joins the others at Janira's table.

    "Hello!! *sniff* friends!! *sniff!* don't mind me snot... it's just a tiny head cold. With your help tonight, I shall banish it back to the Abyss in successive fermented waves!"

    Sovereign Court

    LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 5/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... MW Greatsword (s) +5 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

    Traianus grabs a chair and pulls it up next to Janira's group. "Hey, so this is where the Pathfinders go if they want to avoid the paperwork, eh?"

    Grand Lodge

    Janira completes the tale she was telling to the group seated around her, and as some of them get up to seek further refreshment she turns and addresses you again: "I suppose some do, Traianus." Janira says with a chuckle. "Speaking of which, tell me, have you completed your report to the lodge yet? I’d be glad to help you if you’d like. It’s so interesting to put your experiences into words! Also, a word to the wise: they tend to get a little grumpy if you wait too long. Anyway, what brings you to The Wounded Wisp? I love this place, so full of history! Isn’t it inspiring?”

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Makon:

    The two half-orcs greet you as you walk over:
    ”Hey there, pull up a seat! I’m Shrade."
    "And I'm Garl. New Pathfinder, ya say? Been on any interesting missions yet?"
    "All they ever send us to do is hit things with our axes."
    "Even better, got any good jokes?”

    The Exchange

    female Samsaran Shaman (Heavens) 1

    Tarael nods to Janira and shrugs."Well I did gave it directely to you if you remember. Many thanks again for your commendations. It was an honor working with you!"

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Human Unchained Monk 2.1 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +3 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 23/23 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 (Evasion) | Perception +8 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 14) 2/2 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds | Deflect Arrows

    "I've turned it in already. They seemed satisfied with what I wrote but I must admit, writing reports are not my strong points. As for why we are here at the Wounded Wisp, Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng assigned us to pick up some wine for him. Its a simple job, but unsure about making it an official job. But a job is a job. We are just waiting for Heryn Gale to get free."

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 15/23 | AC:14, 10 tch, 12 FF | Fort:+6, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: MW Great axe +8 (1d12+7 dmg), Mace+7 (1d8+5dmg)|CMD 17
    Half-Orc |HP 11/19|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 17| Fort: 4, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+4 Bloodrager (spelleater) 2|Att: MW Great axe +6 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +4 (1d6+3)
    special:
    Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day, Orc ferocity 1/1 day,Blood rage 4/7day,blood of life(fast heal 1 while raging)
    Shrade and Garl wrote:

    ”Hey there, pull up a seat! I’m Shrade."

    "And I'm Garl. New Pathfinder, ya say? Been on any interesting missions yet?" "All they ever send us to do is hit things with our axes." "Even better, got any good jokes?”

    Makon thinks about telling them about the Minotaur he killed, or that wicked undead thing he fought on the plains of Belkzen during the whole Solstice Scar thing. But, seeing how Shrade was kinda cute, he instead pulls up a chair and says, Yeah I got a joke!...Always time to talk shop. Never, enough time to enjoy living Makon winks at Shrade and proceeds to tell his joke.

    There was a priest of Erastil, a very fat and I mean fat man! You see *giggle* he was on his way to Korvoso one evening, and the hour grew late. Makon pauses mid joke, takes a sip of beer..

    wait..wait..*gufaw* you haven't heard the best part yet! Makon downs his beer and slams it on the table. Another! He announces far too loudly. Yum yeah..er where was I?....Oh oh! that's right...*smirk* OK oK ..so he's on his way to Korvoso you see?.. and he meets this peasant right? Makon stops to make sure the two 1/2 Orcs are paying attention. When he's sure they are, he continues.

    Ok ok..so this stuffy fat and I mean FAT priest of Erastil, ask this peasant.. Makon stuffs his thumbs in his imaginary lapels,... in his very proper way, “Do you think I shall be able to enter the gate of Korsovo?” Makon burst out laughing, before reaching, the punch line again *Har*! Makon slaps his knee and takes another swig of, his freshly arrived beer.You see..it's because the priest, meant to ask the peasant, if he was likely to get to the city before, they closed the gates! Makon looks at the two 1/2 orcs to make sure they were still following the joke. But the country-peasant, just says, “To be sure, you will; a cartload of hay gets through, why should not you?”..*Har* *har*

    already rolled diplomacy above...GM you'll let us know if you want us to roll correct?

    Liberty's Edge

    Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision |
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Daze, Detect Magic, Resistance, Unwitting Ally. L1: Chord of Shards, Sleep

    "So Janira gurl, it is good to see you back on your feet after that battle with de minotaur. Dat was a close ting."

    He drinks from his mug as he listens to the small talk at the table.

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    No need for Diplomacy checks at the moment, you're just chatting.

    @Makon:
    The half orcs laugh loudly at your terrible joke, draining their beers and raising a hand to signal another round. "Har! It's good to meet someone else around here that appreciates a good joke!" You see some of the other patrons roll their eyes. "Nice folks in this place, but they're all so serious all the time."
    "So, what'ya doin' in here anyway? Looks like yer waitin' for something."

    Grand Lodge

    "Oh, thanks Mar! That's was a scary moment, to be sure. Still, a good Pathfinder's got to be ready to bounce back, right?"

    Turning to Nuethro, she says with a laugh "An errand for Dreng, huh? Well, I'm sure it's of the upmost importance then! Well, let me know if I can be of assistance with anything. I should be hanging around here most of the day as I finish some of my own paperwork."

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    Anybody else you want to talk to? Haryn Gale looks like she's finishing up her tasks and will be ready to take you down to the basement as soon as her relief arrives.

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 15/23 | AC:14, 10 tch, 12 FF | Fort:+6, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: MW Great axe +8 (1d12+7 dmg), Mace+7 (1d8+5dmg)|CMD 17
    Half-Orc |HP 11/19|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 17| Fort: 4, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+4 Bloodrager (spelleater) 2|Att: MW Great axe +6 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +4 (1d6+3)
    special:
    Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day, Orc ferocity 1/1 day,Blood rage 4/7day,blood of life(fast heal 1 while raging)

    Makon *chuckles* and sips his beer looking over the rim of his mug, Makon spies an older human male reading a book. Feeling a little curious and merry, he walks over and ask, Whatcha' readin' old timer? Makon slaps his own chest. My name is Makon Grimug, I'm a Pathfinder!

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    As you get up to talk to the man at the bar, Garl raises his glass:

    "Nice to meetcha, Makon! Let us know if you have anything interesting goin’ on. This place is great... “
    “Especially the Pathfinder discount!” interrupts Shrade
    “...but we’re always on the lookout for something fun to do.”

    -----

    The older gentleman looks up from his book, peering at you over rimmed spectacles. "Well, a Pathfinder eh? Don't get many of those in here." His delivery is dry, but his slight smirk betrays his jest. "My name, young man, is Yargos Gill, though I suppose I could do worse than 'Old Timer' as far as nicknames go. I am not a Pathfinder, though I've assisted you lot enough that I may as well be. To answer your scholarly inquiry, I'm reading about the fascinating history of Taldane forces under the command of General Orphyrea Amandar. Did you know, they were attempting to expand their empire as recently as 4608, more than five hundred years after Chelaxian independence and the decline of their power?" He pauses to refresh himself from his flagon.

    The Exchange

    female Samsaran Shaman (Heavens) 1

    Tarael will also join the older gentleman and listens to his words.
    "It is an honor Elder Gill, and my people nod in respect of those that have interest in the past."

    Liberty's Edge

    Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 2 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; CMD 15; hp 15/15, F+1, R+4, W+4 (+6 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

    After a few pats on Janira's shoulder, Son of Cayden hops to the Kelishite's table and says, "Ah! a follower of the great lady of redemption herself! let me buy you a drink Sir, for all the good works your flock has done across the face of this planet!"

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates

    @Tarael:
    "Ah yes. I have long heard of your people's interest in the past. Truly fascinating to meet you."

    @Son of Cayden:
    "Oh, a follower of the Lucky Drunk, I see. Well, I thank you, sir, and well done. A good Pathfinder is always looking for clues about what they see. My name is Aram bin Kaleel, Pathfinder and purveyor of supplies. What's your name?"

    Liberty's Edge

    Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 2 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; CMD 15; hp 15/15, F+1, R+4, W+4 (+6 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

    Son of Cayden stammers a little bit and under his breath says something like "S-sir Cailean, officially, I guess... he he.. I mean... you can call me K... or Happy... most folk call my Happy..."

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 15/23 | AC:14, 10 tch, 12 FF | Fort:+6, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: MW Great axe +8 (1d12+7 dmg), Mace+7 (1d8+5dmg)|CMD 17
    Half-Orc |HP 11/19|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 17| Fort: 4, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+4 Bloodrager (spelleater) 2|Att: MW Great axe +6 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +4 (1d6+3)
    special:
    Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day, Orc ferocity 1/1 day,Blood rage 4/7day,blood of life(fast heal 1 while raging)
    Yargos Gill wrote:
    I'm reading about the fascinating history of Taldane forces under the command of General Orphyrea Amandar. Did you know, they were attempting to expand their empire as recently as 4608, more than five hundred years after Chelaxian independence and the decline of their power?

    Um yep!...He's too smart for me to talk to! Um...nice to meet you too Mr. Gill...say we met something called a gillman in the caves just the other....um...yeah I guess that's ...got nothin' to do with...um so you like reading books and stuff? huh? I've never been to Taldor they say the summer's can be hot there.

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Human Unchained Monk 2.1 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +3 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 23/23 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 (Evasion) | Perception +8 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 14) 2/2 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds | Deflect Arrows

    Makon has the third corrupted post I've seen today so far.

    Sovereign Court

    LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 5/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... MW Greatsword (s) +5 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

    Ugh, sorry I haven't posted. The Paizo site has just been insufferable the past day or so. I didn't start seeing corrupted posts until today, though. Not a particularly good sign for the system...

    Traianus sits down next to Old Man Gill, with a mug. "Yeah! I heard something about that! They disappeared not long after that, though, didn't they?"

    Liberty's Edge

    Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision |
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Daze, Detect Magic, Resistance, Unwitting Ally. L1: Chord of Shards, Sleep

    Mar Leigh will move over to Haryn as he sees her finishing up her work and begins to engage her in a conversation. "Missy, do you know why Drandle Drang would send Pathfinders to get a bottle of wine for him? It seems a bit of a waste of our time just to fetch a bottle of wine. Is he always a bit off kilter?"

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 15/23 | AC:14, 10 tch, 12 FF | Fort:+6, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: MW Great axe +8 (1d12+7 dmg), Mace+7 (1d8+5dmg)|CMD 17
    Half-Orc |HP 11/19|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 17| Fort: 4, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+4 Bloodrager (spelleater) 2|Att: MW Great axe +6 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +4 (1d6+3)
    special:
    Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day, Orc ferocity 1/1 day,Blood rage 4/7day,blood of life(fast heal 1 while raging)

    I got 3 different corrupted post in 3 different games :{ Hopefully, this works

    Yargos gill wrote:
    "I'm reading about the fascinating history of Taldane forces under the command of General Orphyrea Amandar. Did you know, they were attempting to expand their empire as recently as 4608, more than five hundred years after Chelaxian independence and the decline of their power?"

    Yeah this guy is definitely, too smart for me to talk to! Yeah I just um...yeah..ya know we met a gillman in the caves down..um ..yeah.. Makon shuffles his feet awkwardly....yeah suppose that doesn't really have anything to do with....um yeah...so you like to read books and stuff? Makon turns to look for the others...his eyes pleading for help.

    Grand Lodge

    Heroes for Highdelve 2 | Gallows 3 || Spell Templates
    Mar Leigh wrote:
    Mar Leigh will move over to Haryn as he sees her finishing up her work and begins to engage her in a conversation. "Missy, do you know why Drandle Drang would send Pathfinders to get a bottle of wine for him? It seems a bit of a waste of our time just to fetch a bottle of wine. Is he always a bit off kilter?"

    "You could say that. Unusual guy, master Dreng." She seems to notice someone over your shoulder and gives a little wave. "Well, you have good timing. My relief just arrived, so I'm ready to escort you and your friends down to the cellar to retrieve that 'parcel'."

    -----

    You wrap up your conversations, then Haryn leads you back into the kitchen and down a set of stairs to the basement. There you see a tightly packed storeroom. Barrels, boxes, and crates of assorted foodstuffs and drink garnishes are pushed against the walls or under the stairs. Running across the width of the room are several fissures in the floor, which form a narrow chasm that looks to be about ten feet deep. A well-used and somewhat rickety-looking plank is set across the gap to form a makeshift bridge. ”Careful gettin’ across there” Haryn says. ”Crack’s been there since the earthquake, far as I know, and that planks probably nearly as old. Your package should be on the rack in the back over there.”.

    Are you crossing the plank? Jumping over the gap? The fissure looks about 10ft deep.

    Liberty's Edge

    male
    raging stats:
    HP. 15/23 | AC:14, 10 tch, 12 FF | Fort:+6, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: MW Great axe +8 (1d12+7 dmg), Mace+7 (1d8+5dmg)|CMD 17
    Half-Orc |HP 11/19|AC:16: 12T: 14F | CMD 17| Fort: 4, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int.+3|per,+4 Bloodrager (spelleater) 2|Att: MW Great axe +6 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +4 (1d6+3)
    special:
    Wordly 1/1 day(trait), Destined strike 0/3 day, Orc ferocity 1/1 day,Blood rage 4/7day,blood of life(fast heal 1 while raging)

    Makon *shrugs* and takes a running jump across the chasam, Here we...go!... acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 4 = 17 note: GM I drew a red line to note my path to get a running jump. I receive a +4 to long jump because my base land speed is 40'

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Human Unchained Monk 2.1 | AC 17 (T 17/FF 13) | CMB +3 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 23/23 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +4 (Evasion) | Perception +8 | Speed 30' | Stunning Fist (DC 14) 2/2 Day | +1 to attacks made during surprise rounds | Deflect Arrows

    Nuethro chooses the option to cross the plank. He gingerly crosses it.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

    Liberty's Edge

    Male CG Human (Taldan) Bard 2 (Arcane Duelist) - Init. +1, Senses Normal Vision Perception +1, AC 16/ touch 11/ ff 15; CMD 15; hp 15/15, F+1, R+4, W+4 (+6 vs. mind-affecting), Speed 30 ft.

    Son of Cayden very slowly crosses the plank (quarter speed or taking 10 on Climb check for 15 if need be!)

    The Exchange

    female Samsaran Shaman (Heavens) 1

    Tarael slowly crosses the plank Take 10 acrobatics

    Liberty's Edge

    Male CG Ifrit Skald 1 | AC 16 (T 13/FF 13) | CMB +1 CMD 14 | HP 11 | Init +5 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception + 3 | Speed 30' | Darkvision |
    Spells:
    Cantrips: Daze, Detect Magic, Resistance, Unwitting Ally. L1: Chord of Shards, Sleep

    Mar Leigh will cross the plank using acrobatics.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

    Sovereign Court

    LG male human paladin 1 ... Initiative +4 ... Perception -2 ... HP 5/11 ... AC 13 touch 8 flat 13 ... CMD 12 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +3/-2/+0 ... MW Greatsword (s) +5 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2) ... Lucerne Hammer (reach, b or p) +4 (1d12+4)

    Traianus very carefully crosses at very slow speed. Half speed? Quarter speed? Maybe even slower.

    1 to 50 of 271 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Dennis - #6-10 The Wounded Wisp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.