PFS - GM CariMac's 2-19 Shades of Ice Part III: Keep of the Huscarl King (Inactive)

Game Master CariMac

Map


101 to 150 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

Ailean shakes his lantern at Zero, giving him +2 to attack rolls for 1 turn.

"Shake shake, shake and bake. Stone man punch good better."

Grand Lodge

Human Monk (Zen Archer, Quinggong) 5 | HP 42/42 | AC 24 | T 19 | FF 21 (20 | T 19 | FF 17) | CMD 24 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +4 | Perc +13

Rather than draw the attacks of the confused foes, Prothero moves into the stone circle and attempts a difficult shot at the warrior with the green headband.

Move into position, shoot at green.

Longbow attack, cover: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 4 = 11
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 4 | hp 38 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 21 (22 v sunder) | F +6, R +4, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0

"Carina, translate for me!" Like a desert wind Abaal sweeps into the ring.

How far to be determined. The description mentions lots of snow. Abaal has snowshoes. He moves as far as he can into the ring using a move action.

If the path does not hamper movement:
He hops atop the altar (or tries to anyhow).
acrobatics (jump): 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 = 9
If this results in a fall he uses his standard action to get up, shake off, and pretend like it was intentional. "To throw them off."

Black sword in hand, Abaal shouts a challenge to the remaining warriors. "Yield and you might yet live! Otherwise, know that you challenge The Fearsome Blade of Katapesh!"

Then, belatedly, after a glance over to Carina he adds: "And company."

Readied action once he is set:
Attack the first foe who closes with and attacks him or an ally.
+1 adamantine falchion (overhand chop, power attack): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 damage: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (2, 2) + 15 = 19
THREAT! (Again!)
confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 additional damage: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (1, 4) + 15 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | HP 49/52 | AC 17/16/15 (Currently 21/16/19) | F +6, R +6, W +4 (+2 vs. enchantments) | CMD 25 (27 vs. grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Ki 10/11

As always, Zero is confused by the small man with the lantern, but feels empowered all the same. He leaps through the air to kick his new target, then follows up with a heavy punch.

Using Flying Kick to move 10 feet and make a Flurry of Blows.

Unarmed, Bonus vs. Red: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17
Damage, Nonlethal: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Unarmed, Bonus vs. Red: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30
Damage, Nonlethal: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |

INTERNETS BACK UP~! Beginning of next turn the First Slick Procs and I use my gathered energy up to make it last for 5 minutes. Grace will then 5 foot step towards zero, move action gather energy and Slick the one in front of zero too.

"We save one of thier on and THIS IS HOW THEY REPAY US?" Grace yells Icing the ground underneath the one facing the silent stone behemoth of man. "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!"


| Prince |PBP Singnup

Abaal takes a running jump to the alter. His foot almost slips, but he manages to reach the top of it. He yells at the warriors, and Carina translates.

Ailean blesses Zero with strength of the Lantern god.

Prothero moves and misses with his attack. Zero also does a jumping move his involves a flying kick, and he connects with both attacks. 17 nonlethal on red Red drops to the ground.

Grace makes the slick area under the northern enemy (ooc)blue stay longer, and makes the ground slick underneath the unconscious warrior to the south (ooc)red(/ooc).

Blue falls again not able to get up. Green moves forward and attacks zero with his battleaxe. He misses.

GM:
Reflex Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Round 2/3 Bold May Go
Int Warrior Barbarian: 21 22 NL 19 Lethal Unconscious
Int Abaal: 14
Int Prothero: 8 - Can change your Action
Int Grainne: 8 - Can change your action
Int Ailean: 6
Int Zero: 5

Int Warrior Warriors: 5 Red: Confused 17 NL Unconsious Green: Blue: Confused, Prone
Int Carina: 3

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

Ailean moves up keep up with Zero and continues to shake his lantern at him, giving him +2 on attack rolls.

"Second tree same as the three!"

Grand Lodge

Human Monk (Zen Archer, Quinggong) 5 | HP 42/42 | AC 24 | T 19 | FF 21 (20 | T 19 | FF 17) | CMD 24 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +4 | Perc +13

Finally able to get a line on a target who's not lying on the ground, behind a rock or magically befuddled, Prothero nods in satisfaction and lets fly a pair of arrows at the one in green!

Flurry at Green.

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 1 = 22
Longbow damage, Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 1 = 16
Longbow damage, Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |

So for some reason my stuff stopped showing new posts. sorry for not posting!

Grace five foot steps, Gather energy, slick the last man standing, end turn with 1 energy.

Grace steps around the standing stone, the great flurry of ice and snow forming a floor of ice on the ground underneath the man.

If he trips:
"SOMEBODY better tell him to STAY DOWN before I make it so he CAN'T get back up every again."

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | HP 49/52 | AC 17/16/15 (Currently 21/16/19) | F +6, R +6, W +4 (+2 vs. enchantments) | CMD 25 (27 vs. grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Ki 10/11

Zero continues his assault, this time with a pair of kicks akin to some strange kazatzka.

Unarmed, Bonus vs. Green: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20
Damage, Nonlethal: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Unarmed, Bonus vs. Green: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19
Damage, Nonlethal: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


| Prince |PBP Singnup

Prothero attacks the green warrior, and drops him with his flurries.

All enemies are either flat on their backs or unconscious. You have won this battle. They are unfriendly with you, and spit out to Carina that they attacked because the you are trying to meet up with their allies who passed this way not long ago.

Since Carina is on vacation we'll assume she translates for what you all want to say. Do you have a response?

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

Ailean stops shaking his lantern and faces the Kellid warriors, hoping that Carina will translate for him (in multiple ways) he says:

"Look finding fighter friends? Maybe hole people in early times from the light time? Gave lantern healing for stick holes to hole man, battle with wolf-demon, made new friend with hole man. You friend with us too? Lantern mind close holes and purples from fun fight for peace and tik-talking."

I am offering to heal their wounds if they would like to make peace with us and talk. I'm suggesting that we might have meet their allies earlier and healed one, but most didn't make it.

Take 10 on Diplomacy for 21 OR Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 plus whatever bonuses I might get for offering to heal them.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 4 | hp 38 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 21 (22 v sunder) | F +6, R +4, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0
GM_CariMac wrote:
They are unfriendly with you, and spit out to Carina that they attacked because the you are trying to meet up with their allies who passed this way not long ago.

Not sure I understand.

Ailean Catan wrote:
"Look finding fighter friends? Maybe hole people in early times from the light time? Gave lantern healing for stick holes to hole man, battle with wolf-demon, made new friend with hole man. You friend with us too? Lantern mind close holes and purples from fun fight for peace and tik-talking."

Positive I don't understand. ;)

Abaal sniffs, vaguely insulted that apparently no one will attack him.

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |

"Look. Guys? WE ARE HUNTING THOSE DAMNED SNAKES. They are enemies of ours. If we were thier llies would we have left you alive? Or would we have dumped your bodies in the snow and went on our way?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Now can you tell us where they went? We want to drag them out of the hole they are hiding in and make 'em pay for their wrong doings, and I bet you know the way better than us OR THEM..."

Grand Lodge

Human Monk (Zen Archer, Quinggong) 5 | HP 42/42 | AC 24 | T 19 | FF 21 (20 | T 19 | FF 17) | CMD 24 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +4 | Perc +13

Prothero stands quietly by, curious to see if his companions will ally with their attackers somehow, or if they'll just end up back in the same fight that ended a moment ago.

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |
Prothero Crace wrote:
Prothero stands quietly by, curious to see if his companions will ally with their attackers somehow, or if they'll just end up back in the same fight that ended a moment ago.

ooc I SWEAR IF THEY ATTACK AGAIN, I'M TURNING THEM INTO SNOWMEN. /ooc


| Prince |PBP Singnup

They look unimpressed by Ailean's offer to heal them as Carina translates. "No healing for us. We will take care of our own and leave. Your fellows went that way not long ago." They point in the direction your map said you needed to go. They take off to the east. It's the same direction the first warrior you healed headed in.

Shortly after nightfall, the you come across the cave indicated on Skagni’s map. There is enough room for the PCs to huddle inside to escape the elements overnight.

As you begin their second day of travel, the sky is cloudy and ominously gray.

DC 15 Survival:
A storm is heading down from the north and could intersect your route. If you do two hours of force marching you can make the next resting spot on the map by nightfall.

Once Spoiler Above is Opened:
Forced March: In a day of normal walking, a character walks for 8 hours. The rest of the daylight time is spent making and breaking camp, resting, and eating.

A character can walk for more than 8 hours in a day by making a forced march. For each hour of marching beyond 8 hours, a Constitution check (DC 10, +2 per extra hour) is required. If the check fails, the character takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. A character who takes any nonlethal damage from a forced march becomes fatigued. Eliminating the nonlethal damage also eliminates the fatigue. It’s possible for a character to march into unconsciousness by pushing himself too hard.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

Take 10 for survival for 16
Ailean reads the sky and sees the ancient Orisani symbol for bad weather, picture of a cloud, picture of wind. He attempts to inform you all of the forecast:

"Stone friends, bad clouds make shapes near the tip point. Move extra fast for warm hole before no sky lantern in the sky. Lantern heal many sleepys all day for me and for you.

He then walks to each party member and offers a tap from his endure elements stick.

"Warm stick so nice, but not help against some bad clouds, only warm-cold."

Grand Lodge

Human Monk (Zen Archer, Quinggong) 5 | HP 42/42 | AC 24 | T 19 | FF 21 (20 | T 19 | FF 17) | CMD 24 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +4 | Perc +13

Also take ten, for a 15.

Prothero, aided in his understanding of Ailean's words by his own reading of the weather, concurs, "As Ailean says, there's a storm ahead that might cross our path. If we push for a slightly longer day of travel today, we should be able to make the next camp on the map by nightfall, and have some shelter."

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |

no survival here. :D

"Well, let's push one then!" The cold of the storm wouldn't bother her any, but getting lost in the snowstorm would DEFINITELY hurt the job. And THAT would hurt her CUT. This group could rest when they were DEAD before they would be allowed to hurt her chances at the loot.

con check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Nonlethal is healed when you heal damage normally right? can Ailean use my wand to fix that for me? I already take too much nonlethal as it IS!

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

Yes, when you heal lethal damage you also heal that much non-lethal at the same time (except your burn of course).

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | HP 49/52 | AC 17/16/15 (Currently 21/16/19) | F +6, R +6, W +4 (+2 vs. enchantments) | CMD 25 (27 vs. grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Ki 10/11

Zero nods in understanding and plods resolutely onwards, not showing any signs of weariness even if they are there.

Constitution, DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Constitution, DC 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

Constitution Check 1, DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Constitution Check 2, DC 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Non-lethal Damge 1: 1d6 ⇒ 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 4 | hp 38 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 21 (22 v sunder) | F +6, R +4, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0

Forced March - Con check (DC 10): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Forced March - Con check (DC 12): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

Human Monk (Zen Archer, Quinggong) 5 | HP 42/42 | AC 24 | T 19 | FF 21 (20 | T 19 | FF 17) | CMD 24 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +4 | Perc +13

Fort, DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Fort, DC 12: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

The rigors of Prothero's monastic training have prepared him well for hardship, and the extra hours of marching in the day do not seem to affect him.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

@Prothero it's a con check, not a fort save

CLW for Abaal: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW for Abaal: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

CLW for Prothero: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

CLW for Prothero if he needs a 2nd: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Human Monk (Zen Archer, Quinggong) 5 | HP 42/42 | AC 24 | T 19 | FF 21 (20 | T 19 | FF 17) | CMD 24 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +4 | Perc +13
Ailean Catan wrote:
@Prothero it's a con check, not a fort save

Ah, so it is. That explains why everyone else seemed to have a terrible Fort save bonus! I still made one of them, thanks for the healing!

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

Yep lol, although you do make a good argument that monks should receive endurance as a bonus feat at some point.


| Prince |PBP Singnup

Ten feet into this dark granite cave, a large cavern opens up, its ceiling rising as high as thirty feet. Warm, humid air fills the chamber, and colorful fungi cover the floor and walls. Beneath a layer of iridescent algae, the faint images of cave paintings can be seen on all the cavern’s walls. Signs of a rockslide block what may once have been a passage farther into the cave.

You hear a cry as two medium creatures attack. One runs up to Grainne and attacks with a talon, the other attacks Zero. Both attacks hit, and a small amount of damage is done to both of them.

Round 1 Party Up
Deinonychus 22
Carina 14
Grainne 8 5 DMG
Prothero 7
Zero 7 4 DMG
Abaal 6
Ailean 2

GM:
Int Abaal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Int Deinonychus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Int Ailean: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Int Carina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Int Grainne: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Int Zero: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Int Prothero: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Green Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Purple Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 4 | hp 38 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 21 (22 v sunder) | F +6, R +4, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0

SWISH! v purple (power attack, overhand chop): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 damage: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (3, 4) + 15 = 22

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |

what kind of knowledge check for these little soon-to-be-dead things?

nonlethal damage for march: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Attack V Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) + 2 = 14

Grace grits her teeth when the claws sink in to her left arm just beyond the shields protection, "OH NO YOU DON'T YE BILGERAT!" as she retaliates with a blade of pure ice in it's gut. "I AIN'T DYIN' ON SOME LANDLOCKED MESS AN' I AIN'T BECOME A MEAL FOR YOU!"

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

@Grainne It's a dinosaur, so nature, which I do not possess.

I've got nothing to help with 2 animal creatures so to my backup plan I go.

"Lantern arrows dance-dance cave-dance!" says Ailean as he shakes his lantern at Prothero, giving him +2 on his attack rolls.

Grand Lodge

Human Monk (Zen Archer, Quinggong) 5 | HP 42/42 | AC 24 | T 19 | FF 21 (20 | T 19 | FF 17) | CMD 24 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +4 | Perc +13

I'm going to presume Prothero would not have entered a dark, scary cave without getting his bow off his back. Would also love to know what these creatures look like, aside from being medium. I assume they're little dinosaury things like their tokens?

Prothero raises his bow and shoots twice over Grainne's shoulder!

Flurry at the one in front of Grainne.

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, Deadly Aim, Cover: 1d20 + 11 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 1 - 4 = 20
Longbow damage, Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, Deadly Aim, Cover: 1d20 + 11 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 1 - 4 = 14
Longbow damage, Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 4 | hp 38 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 21 (22 v sunder) | F +6, R +4, W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0
Ailean Catan wrote:
@Grainne It's a dinosaur, so nature, which I do not possess.

Shouldn't that be knowledge (ancient history)? ;)

Prothero Crace wrote:
... Would also love to know what these creatures look like, aside from being medium. I assume they're little dinosaury things like their tokens?

I thought they were disgruntled fortune-tellers, not that Abaal cares. When you carry a big adamantine falchion it makes you think that every big problem in the world can be chopped down to size.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | HP 49/52 | AC 17/16/15 (Currently 21/16/19) | F +6, R +6, W +4 (+2 vs. enchantments) | CMD 25 (27 vs. grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Ki 10/11

Not seeing a reason to hold back against these creatures, Zero starts punching them at full force.

Unarmed vs. Purple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Unarmed, Cruelty vs. Purple: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14
Damage, Cruelty: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |

Cruelty? what dat? And thanks Ailean, that just HAPPENS to be one of my knowledges! Have to know about what I might be smug- I MEAN TRANSPORTING~!

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


| Prince |PBP Singnup

@Prothero: I assume you were all armed. This brightly colored dinosaur exudes a dangerous ferocity. Each foot is armed with a large, sickle-shaped claw.

@Grainne: 13 doesn't get you much. N Medium animal No Questions.

@Abaal They aren't interested in telling your fortune any further than you look like lunch.

Carina pulls out her bladed scarf, and waits to see what happens next. Grace Prothero and Zero all hit their targets with their first attacks. Zero and Prothero's second attacks both miss. Abaal's foe isn't impressed with his swing.

The creatures attack. None of the four attacks by the green Deinonychus hit Grace. Only one talon and the bite of the second creature make it past Zero's defenses.

Party Up
Deinonychus 22 Green 24, Purple 11, 3 Bleed
Carina 14
Grainne 8 5 DMG
Prothero 7
Zero 7 19 DMG
Abaal 6
Ailean 2

GM:

Green:
Talon 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Talon 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
foreclaws: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Purple:
Talon 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Talon 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
foreclaws: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |
Quote:
Grainne 8 5 DMG

12 actually, 5 lethal, 12 nonlethal, 5 temporary hitpoints from Con increase. I've decided I want this thing dead. It'll make a nice stew whilst we rest. Gather energy move action, EMPOWERED KINETIC BLADE (1b).

Grace grits her teeth as the temperature around her drops, ice crystals forming on her body, slithers along her skin like water before disappearing as they fly off her body. She grips her fingers around an invisible hilt as the ice crawls up her arm to her hand, making a blade of frozen air which she slams into the tiny dino.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
DAMAGE: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) + 2 = 11X1.5=16


| Prince |PBP Singnup

Grace drops the green dinosaur with her attack.

Party Up
Deinonychus 22 Green dead, Purple 11, 3 Bleed
Carina 14
Grainne 8 5 DMG 12 NL
Prothero 7
Zero 7 19 DMG
Abaal 6
Ailean 2

Grand Lodge

Human Monk (Zen Archer, Quinggong) 5 | HP 42/42 | AC 24 | T 19 | FF 21 (20 | T 19 | FF 17) | CMD 24 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +4 | Perc +13

Prothero lets fly another brace of arrows at the remaining dinosaur!

Flurry at the one still up.

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, Deadly Aim, Cover: 1d20 + 11 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 1 - 4 = 8
Longbow damage, Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Flurry with Longbow, PBS, Deadly Aim, Cover: 1d20 + 11 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 1 - 4 = 15
Longbow damage, Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | HP 49/52 | AC 17/16/15 (Currently 21/16/19) | F +6, R +6, W +4 (+2 vs. enchantments) | CMD 25 (27 vs. grapple) | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Ki 10/11

Zero throws two quick punches at the last dinosaur, clearly relishing another proper fight.

Unarmed, Cruelty vs. Purple: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16
Damage, Cruelty: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

Unarmed, Cruelty vs. Purple: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
Damage, Cruelty: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7


| Prince |PBP Singnup

Between Prothero and Zero the other Deinonychus drops dead.

Combat Over

DC 12 Wisdom:
You examine the collapse and there is a surety that no other creatures can approach from that end of the cave.

The cavern’s tall walls are covered with cave paintings under a thin layer of faintly glowing algae.

The paintings depict a castle at the base of a mountain. Outside the castle, a large creature with wings and a longneck lies on the ground before a figure lifting a huge red axe over its head to strike. Other humanoid figures cluster around the scene. The mural is then interrupted by a repeated design: two mammoths with a smaller one in tow marching east. This motif is repeated over and over in an orderly line from the top wall of the cave to the bottom. There are 30 copies of this design.

The next scene shows the wielder of the red axe lying on a raised mound within the castle, his weapon clutched to his chest. Other figures leave the castle carrying large bags on their shoulders.

The drawings continue on the other side of the cave, showing an avalanche cascading down to cover the tower.

The last drawing shows more of the humanoid figures standing over the edge overlooking the castle’s previous location, while four drawings of the moon in various states arc Above the scene. In this last picture, all of the humanoid figures have a smear of white color around their lower faces.

DC 18 Perception:
You note that the creature on the ground in the first painting was originally painted white, but that time has eroded whatever the painter used to show this color. The character brandishing the axe was also painted white, but around the face, suggesting a large white beard.

DC 15 Knowledge (history or local):
The axe-wielding figure in the first scene is different from the other humanoids depicted, as he is shown with a white beard, a feature uncommon among the Kellid peoples. The painting of the three mammoths symbolizes migration, and each painting of three mammoths stands for the passage of a single year. The moon in its various stages symbolizes eternity or a period of time that cannot be depicted with the migration symbol, usually meaning hundreds of years.

DC 15 Perception:
Amid the fungi are the remnants of a long decayed party of Kellid hunters who were snowed in the cave and died of starvation check.

You find on the bodies: 3 bandages of rapid recovery*, 2 masterwork throwing axes, a potion of barkskin, 2 potions of endure elements, 6 pairs of snowshoes*, a fully charged wand of longstrider carved from a smilodon’s tooth, a bag of unworked gemstones worth 40 gp. a cloak of resistance +2, a potion of cure moderate wounds, 5 topazes worth 50 gp each, +1 studded leather and a +1 bolas.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

Wisdom Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 vs DC 12
"Rock block the cave whole, no bird men or men birds from rock side."
The rocks are blocking that entrance of the cave, no one is getting in that way

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 vs DC 18
"Ground thing first white, now color not white. Click-cloks always click-cloking...Oh! Oh! Oh! Axe man too! Chin hair is white, now color. Stranger than strange or stranger than me? Lantern mayhaps know."
"You note that the creature on the ground in the first painting was originally painted white, but that time has eroded whatever the painter used to show this color. The character brandishing the axe was also painted white, but around the face, suggesting a large white beard."

Perception: 10 + 8 = 18 vs DC 15
"Card caster, here long sleep the non-food of warrior men. Pretty things and thangs, my eyes don't see their secrets, mayhaps you hear the whispers of the shinies?"
Since I'm pointing out the stuff I think you should be able to see the spoiler and roll some spellcrafts (or take 10s) for their magical gear

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |

DIIIICE:
wisdom: 1d20 ⇒ 15
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grand Lodge

Human Monk (Zen Archer, Quinggong) 5 | HP 42/42 | AC 24 | T 19 | FF 21 (20 | T 19 | FF 17) | CMD 24 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +4 | Perc +13

Wisdom check,DC 12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Knowledge (history),DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Prothero studies the cave-in alongside Ailean, asking the garble-tongued Pathfinder, "Wait, rock blocked the cave whole or blocked the cave hole? I guess it's both, or either, eh?"

Deciding it won't be fruitful to inquire further, Prothero then turns to consider the the images painted on the cave walls, particularly the elements pointed out by Ailean.

"I believe I've seen or heard something about this in my travels," he offers, sounding a bit surprised that he's got any knowledge about a painting in a cave, of all places, so far from his home. "The axe-wielding figure in the first scene is different from the other humanoids depicted. See how he is shown with a white beard? That is not something you typically see among the Kellid peoples. I think the painting of the three mammoths symbolizes migration, and each painting of three mammoths stands for the passage of a single year, so we're looking at thirty years here. And finally, the moon in its various stages symbolizes eternity, or some period of time that cannot be depicted with the migration symbol, usually meaning hundreds of years."

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |

Having just made a fire, grace walks over, "Think it was made by these guys?" Grace said, pointing to the dead men in the corner. "I think maybe they were caught in this cave with no way out. Poor sods must've starved to death... Well maybe if we're lucky they might still be able to give us a hand..." She said making a sign to ward off bad luck with her middle finger as she searched them and placed what she found by the fire.

"Lessee... we have a wand, 4 mystery potions, some bandages... some leather armor, a cape, some axes and a BOLA huh? haven't seen one o' these in a while... and... a big ol' bag o' gems. maybe we can use that to trade for something useful later. Hey Ailean, could you heal me really quick and check what this wand is? Can anyone check the potions or see if any of it is cursed?"

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

"If water whipper want heal stick, water whipper get heal stick...Lantern say maybe we sleep heal in 2 lantern seconds? Still want heal stick?"
We might be getting ready to camp for the night in the cave, which would heal you up as well, but I'll tap you if you'd like

If you want CLW:
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Cleric 3(Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 | HP 33/33 | AC 8 T 8 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 8 | F: +5, R: -1, W: +9 | Init: -2 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy 6/6 | Spells: Cleric 1st 5/5 Sorcerer 1st 4/4 Cleric 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: Insanity?

Take 10 Perception on the potions: 10 + 8 = 18

"Lets tongue see..." Ailean says as he goes and sticks his tongue in each potion, one at a time.

"Lantern not contagious, no make scary-fear face or slimy tooth face. Hmmm...Liquid of leafy tree, not juicy fruit tree, leafy and brown only...liquid of two of warm stick, wait...warm stick in liquid, non first world make "Zero" sense Lantern...liquid of hole heal, medium power, not ghosty power, medium...put paste directly to hole in forehead.

Other fancies, got no clue, leaving it up to you."

Sovereign Court

Female Undine Kineticist(Kinetic knight)-5 | hp 45/45 | AC 22+ (See abilities) T 11 FF 21 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +8 W +1 | Spd 25' | Init +4 | Perc 6 (Darkvision), SensM 6 |

better safe 'n sorry. Grace has not survived by being trusting. Also, I love how Ailean talks. it's just entertaining to read!

"Ah well, if it get's stuck on me, at least I'll look good wearing it." she says tossing on the Now officially blueish white cape. It reminded her of the sea under the sky and although she missed the sea, this helped a good bit. "Hey Prothero, these axes are made for throwing, think you'd be able to use them or the Bola?" She asked still trying to make sense of Aileans words.

"So, a moderate cure... ghosty power? a... warm stick?... and leafy not juicyfruit tree???" She muttered to herself trying to make heads or tails of it. Eventually she decided to let the others interret him and went to bed. "I'll take the next shift after I catch so rest. wake me up in a few hours."


| Prince |PBP Singnup

The night passes uneventfully. When you wake up the next morning the storm has passed, and you head out following the map. Near midday, Skagni’s map directs you through a narrow ravine of ice and rock.

The shriek of a snowy owl dances off the high, rough walls of ice and rock inside this gorge, and the long shadows inside make it feel like evening rather than midday. Although the canyon provides a direct path through the rocky terrain of this area, the other side is almost invisible from the entrance. In the snow drenched plains leading to the gorge mouth, primeval aurochs and bison paw at the new snow to unearth scrub grass.

DC 25 Perception:
Prior to entering the gorge can see what look like humanoids moving around some of the mammoths and the bison in the surrounding area.

DC 5 Survival or Perception:
The mouth of the gorge reveals tracks. These tracks are humanoid in nature and go only a few feet into the gorge before turning around.

DC 10 Perception:
There are remains, partly eaten by scavengers, of a large saber-toothed tiger.

DC 15 Heal check if you make the above Perception roll:
Despite being a top predator in this region, it appears to have suffered extreme bludgeoning damage as if trampled to death. The fractures are numerous, suggesting multiple creatures were involved in the trampling.

101 to 150 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS - GM CariMac's 2-19 Shades of Ice Part III: Keep of the Huscarl King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.