Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Brew's PFS Archons

Game Master Wicked Brew

Current Scenario: 00-33 Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible

AMBUSH!

Monastary


1 to 50 of 1,523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

A messenger arrives at dawn and hands a sealed note to the first agent he finds. The missive bears the seal of Venture-Captain Ambrus Vaslin. Upon reading the letter, the Archons are directed to proceed to Starrise Spire in Nerosyan, Mendev as soon as they are able.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Rogue 4

Isador smirks upon reading the summons.

No rest for the weary.... I wish that we would get a little time to enjoy ourselves after saving the world... Again

He looks around at the others before announcing.

Apparently our handler wants us to travel to Starrise Spire in Nerosyan.

too bad our resident cleric was recalled back to the monastery.. we will certainly need his healing skills if all the reports about the demon hoards are true.

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue (Unchained) / 3

Kat looks up from rearranging her bag and tilts her head halfway to the side, Extra healing or spare gilded tongue is never bad to have.

Hmm, seems like my skills at repacking are flawed today. Would anyone be able to carry my water skin for awhile?

Knowledge:

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Untrained + INT mod
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Ironically, the water skin put her over her weight limit for encumbrance. At least it's a viable amount this time (4lbs) instead of the 0.014 lbs it was previously.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Magus/5 Base Atk +3; AC 21, HP 47, INIT+7, PER +4, CMB +5; CMD 16 Feats: Blind Fighting, Combat Casting, Toughness, Spell Combat,Spellstrike, Acane Pool, Improved Initiative

I can only smile, here we go again.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Magus/5 Base Atk +3; AC 21, HP 47, INIT+7, PER +4, CMB +5; CMD 16 Feats: Blind Fighting, Combat Casting, Toughness, Spell Combat,Spellstrike, Acane Pool, Improved Initiative

Kat, I can haul the water skin for you, though I recommend you carry a small amount always with you. Or drink up before heading out.

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue (Unchained) / 3

Kat gives a saucy grin before replying Or use it as a dexterity exercise to take it and replace it without you noticing. She tosses the full water skin to the magus, Thanks!

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

Tarek yawns as he enters the meeting room. Greetings friends. I heard the good Captain wanted to speak with us? What does the society need this time? Tarek examines the note So, we are heading to Mendev. That will take some time to travel that far north. I wonder how close we will be to the world wound? Hopefully we will not have to travel through Razmiran lands to get there. I can't imagine they will be very welcoming to us. Things seem rather urgent and we will need to make a quick departure. ;

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter / 4

Caoilite enters, squinty eyed and rubbing his temple,looking like he got run over. Dawn? Always at dawn. We really have to renegotiate something here. Maybe these guys can drop crap off at noon.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Rogue 4

Isador chuckles upon hearing Caoilte's lament.

See... you need to just adjust your behavior a little.

Knowing that the illustrious Venture-Captain likes to deliver his news as dawn.... I now stay out until early morning just to rob him of any satisfaction.

He releases a long yawn while stretching his arms.

hmm.. I hope we are not leaving until later this afternoon; I need to bag a few hours of shut-eye before we head out.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Magus/5 Base Atk +3; AC 21, HP 47, INIT+7, PER +4, CMB +5; CMD 16 Feats: Blind Fighting, Combat Casting, Toughness, Spell Combat,Spellstrike, Acane Pool, Improved Initiative

yep, nothing like early mornings. Well I better stow this water and make sure I don't need anything else. Mendev is not the warmest place in the whole
world.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

It is a shame that Sylorin will be unable to travel with us on this mission. I am sure the church would not have recalled him, if his services were not needed elsewhere. Perhaps he will be able to rejoin us in the future. I think I have all that I need. Just give me some time to gather my gear and I should be ready for travel by mid day.

Tarek thinks about the Starrise Spire in Nerosyan and tries to recall any information.

Knowledge checks:

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue (Unchained) / 3

Not the warmest? Should we bring a couple of winter blankets? Or are we all going to snuggle up together? Does anyone know if we will be dealing with perpetual ice?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Magus/5 Base Atk +3; AC 21, HP 47, INIT+7, PER +4, CMB +5; CMD 16 Feats: Blind Fighting, Combat Casting, Toughness, Spell Combat,Spellstrike, Acane Pool, Improved Initiative

I have no idea what season it is to properly answer Kat

I always carry a blanket along with my sagum/cloak which acts as an additional blanket.

The trick is how are we traveling? We can certainly afford horses, and even if we couldn't a mule to haul camp gear would be benificial to us all. I would certainly make sure if we dont purchase tents, horses or a mule, we invest in some waterproof goatskin or canvas to protect us form the elements should it get wet and..or...cold. I am gong to pick a few things up...anyone need anything?

Heading into town, I spot the Fletcher and Bowyer and purchase a ash nad horn composit bow, along with a double quiver of arrows, two score in all, while replacing consumed field rations.

Brew please add a composite long bow for 100GP, 2 quivers of arrows for 2GP.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Ranger/3 Init+9|AC19,T13,FF16|HP26/26|F+4,R+6,W+2|Dag+5(1d4+2/19-20),LS+5(1d8+2/19-2 0),MWCLB+7(1d8+2/×3),Fav En Hum+2Hit,+2Dam|Climb+3,Hndl Anml+7,Heal+5,Percp+3(+5 hum),Ride+4,Stlth+9,Surv+7(+9vhum,+8track),Swm+3|Rac Mod:+2 Percp|SacTch|Fav Trn +2

Sorry, had no idea we started up again. A pipe broke in my house today and I have been pre-occupied.

Just when Eloriand thought he might get out in the woods and relax a bit ....I guess a Pathfinder's work is never done, he thought to himself.

Eloriand joined his friends to get the details of the next assignment and started preparing for the journey.

Do we need to specifiy that we are buying or own winter gear or is it supplied by the society?


Looks like the gang is all here! Do not worry about winter gear. For the purposes of this scenarios, all PCs will have weather appropriate clothes for the trip. Please post any and all desired purchases and I will post scenario intro post tomorrow.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter / 4

Well this will give me a chance to dig out that bearskin cloak. If we're taking horses I suggest we each take a saddle bag of charcoal. It gives off a lot of heat but not a lot of light, just in case we need to have a fire on the Q T.

Brew, I'm assuming I can get some charcoal along with those other winter provisions. And are we on horses?


That's fine for RP purposes only.


The party musters and makes their way to Nerosyan. Their trip towards the roiling world wound conflict is thankfully uneventful and they are able to reach Starrise Spire road worn but otherwise in good spirits. They are fed a simple yet satisfying meal and allowed to freshen themselves from the trip. Soon, they are directed to the personal office of Venture-Captain Jorsal of Lauterbury.

Venture-Captain Jorsal of Lauterbury is stoic yet shows signs of exhaustion as he strides into the room and places a piece of paper on the table. Pathfinders, some weeks ago we received this letter from an anonymous source, advising us of the discovery of a Sarkorian site in rural Mendev, near the village of Dawnton. We sent three Pathfinders to perform an initial investigation.

Word came to us two days ago that the entire team has been arrested for murder and is scheduled to be hanged in seven days’ time. I would appreciate your traveling to Dawnton, investigating the crimes, and finding any evidence necessary to clear their names.

He pauses for a moment, as if gathering his will or holding back strong emotion. As much as it grieves me to think this possible, you may find evidence that implicates our comrades. If they are guilty of this crime, let them hang. It’s justice of a sort, and we must all remember that we are guests in Mendev and subject to all its laws. Your predecessors’ reputation has tarnished the Pathfinders’ name in Dawnton, so I recommend you not travel and investigate openly as Pathfinders agents.

Be careful, he recommends, and remember that three comrades are relying on you.

Jorsal asks that the agents leave as soon as is possible, but no later than the early morning. He provides mounts for the party's journey.

Here. We. Go. You may roll know local or diplomacy checks. Kat, I will use your last roll.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

Do we know anything about the significance of a Sarkorian Site? I will make a general d20 check with no modifiers
Information Check: 1d20 ⇒ 3

apparently that would be a goose egg

Silver Crusade

Male Human Magus/5 Base Atk +3; AC 21, HP 47, INIT+7, PER +4, CMB +5; CMD 16 Feats: Blind Fighting, Combat Casting, Toughness, Spell Combat,Spellstrike, Acane Pool, Improved Initiative

While I know we are in a rush to be off, I do have a few questions that I hope you could clarify Jorsal.

I do not thnk that this issue as as black and white as we may think it is.

How are we to proceed if we view the three pathfinders guilty, but the punishment unjust or disportionate to the crime?

What guidance can you give if we believe that regardless of guilt, they have not been given a fair and impartial trial or will be given one?

The Pathfinder Society currently provides considerable aid to Mendev and I find it dissappointing that we do not have an agreement with Mendev to certain legal protections or to review the charges to see if they are significant enough to even warrant the plausability of a crime and preferment of charges.

While I have certainly distanced myself from Cheliax, Cheliax policy when providing aid of any nature to a neighboring or allied State was an agreement of such based off the Natural Rights of Man. We subordinate ourselves to the State we are citizens of, not to every State in the world.

It would be most dissappointing if we were to continue a blanket policy of being guests of Mendev and subordinating ourselves to their laws, especially if viewed counter to our values and interests. Such a policy might weaken Pathfinder resolve or find a lack of members wishing to risk themselves knowing that the Pathfinder Society might throw them to the proverbial wolves to even the smallest legal infraction.

Policies that support interests, not tied or counter to the States values rarely last long.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter / 4

Venture Captain Jorsal, Can you give us the names of the three Pathfinders accused and details on what they are accused of? How many murders are they accused of, who were the victims? That sort of thing.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

Tarek addresses the room Murder is a serious accusation. I am certain the Society would have been aware of such unsavory character traits before they accepted them as members. I agree with Caoilte, Captain Jorsal. Any information you can share about these individuals will be invaluable. What significance did the site they were investigating have to the surrounding area? I wonder if they did uncover something important and were framed to keep things silent. There are quite a few possibilities and the more information we have the better prepared we will be.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Ranger/3 Init+9|AC19,T13,FF16|HP26/26|F+4,R+6,W+2|Dag+5(1d4+2/19-20),LS+5(1d8+2/19-2 0),MWCLB+7(1d8+2/×3),Fav En Hum+2Hit,+2Dam|Climb+3,Hndl Anml+7,Heal+5,Percp+3(+5 hum),Ride+4,Stlth+9,Surv+7(+9vhum,+8track),Swm+3|Rac Mod:+2 Percp|SacTch|Fav Trn +2

Eloriand will make a knowledge check on the type of vermin we might find in this area or the area we a heading to.

Knowledge Roll:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25(Knowledge Geography would be +4, not sure which, if any, to use)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Rogue 4

Isador listens as the others request additional details of the case but he cannot help but think about how precarious this new assignment sounds.

Actions:

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue (Unchained) / 3

If you're waiting for me, I got nothing to add since my last rolls will be used.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Magus/5 Base Atk +3; AC 21, HP 47, INIT+7, PER +4, CMB +5; CMD 16 Feats: Blind Fighting, Combat Casting, Toughness, Spell Combat,Spellstrike, Acane Pool, Improved Initiative

I nod in agreement with Caolite and Tarek, waintg to see what guidance our Venture Captain has for us.


Jorsal, while clearly anxious for the Archons to be under way, tries to answer the questions posed to him, but he has little additional information.

Havelockk wrote:
How are we to proceed if we view the three pathfinders guilty, but the punishment unjust or disportionate to the crime?

As I said, it is not for you to intervene with the City's legal system. Murder is a grave offense, and if they are truly guilty, must serve the punishment delivered by the Dawton authorities.

Havelock wrote:
What guidance can you give if we believe that regardless of guilt, they have not been given a fair and impartial trial or will be given one?

That, brave agent, is why I am sending your team to Dawton. Venture-Captain Vaslin has touted your high competence and assured me that you would be able to get to the bottom of this mess. I trust that once your investigation is complete, either you will prove our agents' innocence or be assured of their guilt. I trust the Dawton authorities will do the right thing once you have uncovered the truth of the matter.

Havelock wrote:

The Pathfinder Society currently provides considerable aid to Mendev and I find it dissappointing that we do not have an agreement with Mendev to certain legal protections or to review the charges to see if they are significant enough to even warrant the plausability of a crime and preferment of charges.

While I have certainly distanced myself from Cheliax, Cheliax policy when providing aid of any nature to a neighboring or allied State was an agreement of such based off the Natural Rights of Man. We subordinate ourselves to the State we are citizens of, not to every State in the world.

It would be most dissappointing if we were to continue a blanket policy of being guests of Mendev and subordinating ourselves to their laws, especially if viewed counter to our values and interests. Such a policy might weaken Pathfinder resolve or find a lack of members wishing to risk themselves knowing that the Pathfinder Society might throw them to the proverbial wolves to even the smallest legal infraction.

Jorsal blinks a bit at Havelock's comment. Things in the devil nation must have changed considerably since last I left. Of all the things Queen Abrogail is accused of, championing the rights of man would certainly not be one of them. Regardless, it is important for you to understand, agent, that the Society, while extensive, is not a nation unto itself. Out core mission requires that we operate, as freely as possible, within the borders of many nations and cultures. Should we suddenly decide we are above the laws of those nations, we surely would be exiled or worse. No agent, we are not a sovereign state, but guests and you will act accordingly.

Caoilte wrote:
Venture Captain Jorsal, Can you give us the names of the three Pathfinders accused and details on what they are accused of? How many murders are they accused of, who were the victims? That sort of thing.

The agents involved are Corwin Burke, Torum Grunsch and Dakota Spire. Beyond what I have said, I know very little. He turns to Tarek, That goes for the Sakorin site as well. The agents were sent to investigate, but we had very little to go on.

Now please make ready and depart as soon as possible. The lives of three Pathfinders are in your hands.

Kat recalls what she knows of Dawton.

Know Local:
Dawnton is a small village at the crossroads of the local trade highway and the Setian River, a tributary of the Egelsee. It has a small permanent population, but swells to many times its size on festival days and duringthe harvest.

As with many small villages in the region, Dawnton has become distrustful of strangers since the fall of Kenabres. This distrust is especially virulent toward tieflings and others with demonic roots,
influence, or appearance.

Tobias Luin is both the village’s sheriff and mayor. Local opinion holds that he is fair to the point of being soft. It is unusual that he would hold an execution, but local law calls for a vote of the citizenry to decide the fate of those guilty of capital crimes.

Tarek:
The group has enough collected knowledge of history to know that Sakoris was a barbarian nation that was decimated when the world wound appeared. The world wound itself takes up much of the land that was once Sakoris.

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue (Unchained) / 3

Kat shares what she remembers with her companions and asks if he knows if one of the three accused look like they could be of demonic heritage.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

Tarek gets ready to move out to Dawton but speaks to the Venture-Captain once more We shall do what we can to find the answers to the innocence or guilt of the three Pathfinders in custody. You mentioned that it would be best not to make it known our affiliation with the society. Two of us represent the Silver Crusade. Would such an affiliation still be frowned upon in a place so close to the worldwound? I will do my best to keep our connection to the society secret, but I do not know if I can keep all things hidden. Tarek then displays the shining wayfinder that is attached to a chain around his neck.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Magus/5 Base Atk +3; AC 21, HP 47, INIT+7, PER +4, CMB +5; CMD 16 Feats: Blind Fighting, Combat Casting, Toughness, Spell Combat,Spellstrike, Acane Pool, Improved Initiative

I raise a eyebrow up at Jorsal. Jorsal, I think our policy of bending the knee and always being subject to the willy nilly over every sovereign state that we ~aid~ sucks!

I got it, if its a unfiendly or inhospitable state or region, but seriously, do you really mean what you said?

What it tells me is, that if my friends here and I get into a real jam, that at the end of the day, we will be sacrificed for political expediency. So I guess we better not rock the boat, break any laws, or even get noticed.

I never said the lovely Queen Abrogail was a champion for the rights of man, but she damned made sure that if we had a run in with local authorities that Cheliax had jurisdiction.

The should be our going in position whenever considering aiding a Nation State.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

I guess it is time we saddle up and make our way to Dawnton. We can discuss our plan of action on our way to the town. I believe we have all that we need unless someone can think of something that may aid us in our mission? I think we may give Venture-Captain Jorsal an ulcer if we delay much longer.


Jorsal regards Havelock with a calm cool expression and just shakes his head a bit. He addresses the magus I am not certain what you believe you have joined, agent, but we are not a nation. We do not set laws and certainly do not condone wanton and malicious acts should we have a set of rules. While we may bend some laws to attain our goals from time to time, at no time would the Decemvirate ever stand for its agents to commit murder and mayhem upon any person, city or state. As for the aid you mention, let us be clear. We are not merely aiding the nation of Mendev, we are saving the world, agent. Should the World Wound expand, should the demons defeat the brave crusaders of Mendev, then the world as we know it shall cease to be and in its place rise a mortal abyss. Perhaps you should rethink the path you have chosen, as your words and thoughts do seem to be more in line with the Thrice Damned Throne than here. Jorsal looks to Tarek, and spies his wayfinder.

Jorsal addresses Tarek You should speak to your friend, as I am certain the members of the Silver Crusade understand what is at stake here and why were are aiding the cause. I am sure Ollysta Zadrian would urge everyone to stand and fight the demons and abide the law at the same time. But we have no more time to debate policy, three lives are mere days from ending. Jorsal then listens to Tarek Yes, I think very highly of the Crusade agent, but I do not believe there to be any active branches in Dawton. While your affiliation may not be recognized, some may know it to be associated with the Society so I would caution you on allowing that to be widely known.

With that, Jorsal dismisses the Agents and the Archons make preparations for the journey to Dawton. The ride takes three uneventful days. As the group gets closer to Dawton, they run into scores of citizens from nearby towns making a similar trip. So much so that the roads are nearly choked with people. The party is able to glean that theses people are traveling to Dawton to witness the execution of the Pathfinder agents. They also learn the the sentence is to be carried out three days after the party arrive in Dawton.

The group makes it to Dawton without incident on the evening of the third day, giving the agents the evening and three full days to conduct their investigation. The town is little more than the crossroads of a highway and a navigable river. The town is swelling with out of town visitors, presumably here to witness the fate of the Pathfinders.

As the sun falls, the party arrives at Dawton to begin the investigation that will hopefully save the lives of their fellow agents at peril.

The group may make any additional purchases before they depart. What actions does the party take to start their investigation? I should note that, at least for the investigation, the scenario encourages the party to split into smaller groups to cover more ground. Good luck, Columbos!

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue (Unchained) / 3

Kat will suggest to some of the more diplomatic in the group to see if they can interview their fellows while she scouts around town quietly looking for the best places and people to focus on over the coming days, picking up as much information as possible before rejoining with her companions.

Rolls:

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Untrained + INT Mod
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 +13 to find hidden things or hear conversations
Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

GM:

Did the venture captain not hear Kat's question on whether or not any of the agents are of obvious demonic heritage?


Kat:
Sorry about that. During the intros, Jorsal would have mentioned that the agents were two dwarves and a halfling, no trace of demonic heritage.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Magus/5 Base Atk +3; AC 21, HP 47, INIT+7, PER +4, CMB +5; CMD 16 Feats: Blind Fighting, Combat Casting, Toughness, Spell Combat,Spellstrike, Acane Pool, Improved Initiative

Jorsal completley missed what I was getting at. Without openingly using modern terms, I was inquiring why the Pathfinder society does not have a status of forces agreement that protects Pathfinders from shame trials and Machievellian internal political stife. The US has used it for over 70 years. Other States such as the UK, France, Germany (21st Century), ROK, Japan, Austrailia have used it. Such a system forces both the host country and the supporting country to legally review the charges and evidence similair to having 2 seperate grand juries. There is a interesting article I think in Military review where Poland had to evacuate an entire platoon out of Afghanistan after a cross border engaement with Taliban forcesfor fear that either Afhganistan or pakistan would criminally prosecute them in the world court or locally. In one inncident Polandd beacame another country that now sits on the sidelines and watches Americans fight for fear of political retribution when working to do the right thing. Sorry to digress-hope this clarifies 'Lockk's position a bit better, and that while a bit of a angry guy, he is not gong over to the Dark Side.

Friends, I hope you do not mind me pushing Jorsal's buttons a bit, but I found it a bit surprising that the Pathfinder Society does not more openly stand by and defend its members. Let's hope we don't violate a law such as not drawing a diety and end up at the gallows, for I doubt we will receive any aid from the Society.

I look at each of them. I think can cover more ground in small groups and we should set up a base of operations at a inn, and use that as a rally point to periodically meet back at and share information. I should probalbly go with somebody that is either a bit more skilled in speaking or perceptive in small details.

I shrug and look at them, pulling the dark madder colored hood up and over my head.

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue (Unchained) / 3

The red will insist that she will be able to cover more ground alone that first night.

Other Rolls that May be a Sneaky Use:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

Tarek looks to Havelockk I was finding it quite amusing watching you and Jorsal exchange dialogue. I am just glad it did not come down to measuring anatomy to make a point. Tarek laughs and then continues I agree that our first order of business should be be getting rooms at an inn. I am sure the availability of good accommodations will become scarce as more people start pouring into the town. If we break into smaller groups, then how do we wish to divide? Two or three groups? I would suggest that Caoilte and Kat travel in the same group. His strength and her stealth and local knowledge should be a good balance. I would also suggest that Havelockk and I travel in separate groups to spread out the casting abilities. I think Isador and Eloriand are well matched and they could decide which group would best be aided by their skill set.

Kat, I know you are eager to scout but going alone is not a good idea. We don't know if having you exploring solo will put you in the same predicament that the other Pathfinders are in. We also need to formulate a plan of where each of us are going so we can cover the most area in the shortest period of time. If something should happen to you then we would need to divide our time between finding you and aiding the other Pathfinders. I suggest that nobody travels alone.

My thoughts on how we could split but open to any possibility
Two Groups: Caoilte, Havelockk and Kat. Isador, Eloriand and Tarek
Three Groups: Caoilte and Kat. Havelockk and Isador. Tarek and Eloriand

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

GM:
Knowing what our objectives are, Tarek would have purhcased 2 more scrolls before leaving for Dawnton. 2 scrolls of Deadeye's Lore

Scarab Sages

Male Human Rogue 4

Isador listens as the group continues evaluating the situation and options.

If we are to separate into groups, I would like to be paired with Caoilte although I am not confident that we should divide our forces.

With all of the travelers arriving, perhaps we should seek out an establishment that is typically not frequented by visitors so that we can get a better understanding of the facts and rumors surrounding this case.

We might need to spend a little coin to help loose the tongues of the locals. I can always pose as a representative from my father's shop here on business.


Tarek:
Got it.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Magus/5 Base Atk +3; AC 21, HP 47, INIT+7, PER +4, CMB +5; CMD 16 Feats: Blind Fighting, Combat Casting, Toughness, Spell Combat,Spellstrike, Acane Pool, Improved Initiative

I chuckle at Tareks commment... Don't worry Tarek, I would not let it come down to that with Jorsal. I just don't like the idea or his lack of critical thought that if convictedof a crime with a disportionate punishment, that basicaly the Pathfinder Society says we are screwed. ...pausing for a moment... Correct me if I am wrong...but I do not thnk that our pathfinders in need are human. It makes me wonder if there may not be a racial prejudice in this town, or at leaset with the accusors or if the alleged murders were in fact a requirment out of self defense. hmmm...Certainly something I think we should keep in the back of our minds. Kat, I know you liek to work alone, and you are very capable, but I think having one of your brothers within bow or ear shot might be a good idea, especially if this town is suspecious or prejudice of anything that walks on two legs and isn't specifically human.

Izzy, I think your idea has merit, but we will be less noticed in a inn with a lot of travelors, and our conversations have a far less chance of being over heard if somebody takes a interest in our activities. I think we either stick with the story we had on the river, or we are a contrburnium/squad of military professionals with special skills seeking employment in one of the military units either headed out to fight near the World Wound, orlooking for replacements

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

Prejudices are everywhere, but I do not think that is the case here. We did escort the dwarven emissaries to the Mendev region and I believe one of their strongholds were in the area as well.

Either they did kill someone or somebody framed them for the crime. If they committed the murder then we need to determine was it of their own free will, did they have just cause or were they under someone or somethings control?

I am sure we could think of dozens of plausible reasons, but only through investigation will we find the truth. I do hope we can find a way to speak with the three that are being held. Their story will hopefully give us a good starting point to begin our investigation. The site that was uncovered may also hold some valuable clues.

I hate splitting up as well but with the limited amount of time we have it may be our best way to get to the truth. I was only looking at the pairing in the most logical sense and balancing weaknesses with strengths. Everyone can pair up as they feel works best for them. Once we determine how we want to tackle our objective, then we can decide how to team up.

I think we should keep our story simple and not embellish too much. We are ourselves, just leave out mention of the society. I would say we are traveling through Mendev and are also here to see the execution. It seems like that is the norm around here and sticking to the norm makes us fit in a little better. Who knows how loose some lips will be tonight after the locals down a few tankards at the tavern. Come to think of it, I could use a drink myself. I do hope that tavern is close by?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter / 4

Caoilt continues eyeing the throng. Is it just me or is this an awful lot of trouble to go to for seeing an execution? Maybe these folks are truly blood thirsty but I'm now more concerned that the victim the pathfinders are accused of killing might have been a big man in these parts. Looking at both Kat and Izzy, I think we'd make a good trio, my shield and axe providing whatever protection you lack.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Ranger/3 Init+9|AC19,T13,FF16|HP26/26|F+4,R+6,W+2|Dag+5(1d4+2/19-20),LS+5(1d8+2/19-2 0),MWCLB+7(1d8+2/×3),Fav En Hum+2Hit,+2Dam|Climb+3,Hndl Anml+7,Heal+5,Percp+3(+5 hum),Ride+4,Stlth+9,Surv+7(+9vhum,+8track),Swm+3|Rac Mod:+2 Percp|SacTch|Fav Trn +2

Eloriand says to Tarek and Havelockk, We should inquire where the incident happend and try to find any witnesses so we can question them. Where do we start?


After a three day long journey, the Archons reach the Town of Dawton. It is just after dusk, and the group can see the abnormal bustle accompanying the influx of visitors is rapidly beginning to die down. Kat, using the cover of the impending darkness, scouts about town while the main group of agents make their way to the only inn in town, the Heath and Harvest.

The inn is fairly large, especially given the small size of the town. Even so, it is currently filled near to capacity. Tarek makes his way through the crowd and manages to find the innkeeper. AS luck would have it, the group has arrived just in time to take the last two rooms available at the inn. The innkeeper informs Tarek that the rate is 1 gp a night, which includes meals. The party looks about the inn bar, being dinnertime, and can smell the delicious waft of fresh mutton and bread. Tarek turns to the inkeeper, who is smiling upon seeing the groups near mesmerized and famished faces, and adds that drinks are an extra charge. The rooms, should the party agree to take them, would require the groups to share the space, sleeping three agents to a room.

The innkeeper, sensing the impending sale, offers the group a meal in anticipation of their renting the remaining rooms. They are able to secure a table and are served a delicious meal of mutton, stew and bread. As they eat, Kat suddenly appears at the end of their table, momentarily startling the group. She reports that the town is eerily silent at night, so there was not much to overhear. The scout did, however, spy a few locations that the party may want to check out during their investigation. Chatter from the bar also lead to a few other possible places to focus upon.

The potential areas of investigation include:

  • The home of the Mayor, Tobias Luin, where the captive pathfinders are currently held
  • the tent city on the outskirts of town where Kat found evidence of an ongoing festival
  • a general store
  • a beer garden near the tent city that looks to have quite a crowd during the day

The party also surmises that the streets will likely be filled with spectators and revelers once the sun comes up. The party settles in to their meal and first must determine if they wish to rent the room, then plan their investigation.

Map of town is up. The party estimates that they can effectively investigate one area for each day period, so morning noon and night.

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue (Unchained) / 3

Keeping her voice low so it is barely heard over the clamor of the bar around them the red gives her opinion. First off, let me say that if we require a cover story, I do not think it should be that we travelled here for the execution. This is a small town and I do not think that they would have advertised such an event so far out to as draw the likes of us.

What I do suggest is saying that we are what we mostly look like. A group of travelers on a journey who chose to stop here to resupply and rest up before continuing on; Izzy's family business may be our best reason for the journey. The festival and talks of the execution in town peaked our interest, not having heard about it until then.

Tomorrow we should probably start out with the General store then work our way to the beer tent and festival grounds. We should be able to find out more information as to who was killed and what grounds the agents were suspected on. This will also help us find a good excuse to approach the mayor and his home; possibly with an excuse to talk directly to the prisoners.

She then finds a chair and leans back in her seat casually while adding, So how are we splitting the rooms?

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Oracle/3rd/ Spells 1st:3/6

Let me inform the inkeeper that will will accept the rooms, unless someone has an issue with sharing a room? From the discussion on the way here it sounded as if Isador and Caoilte would be traveling with you, Kat. It would make sense if the three of you share a room. Myself, Havelocck and Eloriand can take the other room.

I would like to seek out the Mayor and attempt to win favor and be granted permission to speak with the prisoners. We need to know their story. I believe their's will be the most accurate and most of what we hear on the street will be second hand information at best. They may be able to point us in the right direction to look for answers and that may save us time. I am open to searching any other areas the group feels is best.

We were told that the investigators would be executed in 7 days. We met Jorsal 2 days after he was notified. It took us 3 days of travel to get to Dawnton. Does this mean we have only 2 days before the execution, not counting today? Does this also mean that tomorrow is our only day we have to gather info?


The party arrived on the evening of the third day and it has three whole days to investigate.

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue (Unchained) / 3

But will we be able to approach the mayor from the start? From my experience, travelers don't typically seek out the mayor or higher government officials without need or cause. While we do have a cause, is it one we wish to be fully open about?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Ranger/3 Init+9|AC19,T13,FF16|HP26/26|F+4,R+6,W+2|Dag+5(1d4+2/19-20),LS+5(1d8+2/19-2 0),MWCLB+7(1d8+2/×3),Fav En Hum+2Hit,+2Dam|Climb+3,Hndl Anml+7,Heal+5,Percp+3(+5 hum),Ride+4,Stlth+9,Surv+7(+9vhum,+8track),Swm+3|Rac Mod:+2 Percp|SacTch|Fav Trn +2

In a hushed voice, We were warned about revealing who we are. What story could we possibly use to gain access to the Mayor or the Pathfinders.

1 to 50 of 1,523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Brew's PFS Archons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.