Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

PFS First Steps PbP

Game Master CanisDirus

PFS PbP: #3-IN First Steps (Part 1) - Tier 1

First Steps Maps

GM Notes:

Initiative:
Zephyr [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice
Dust [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice
Vili [dice]1d20 + 6[/dice
Ree [dice]1d20 + 10[/dice
Paly [dice]1d20 + 1[/dice
Krieger [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice

Perception
Zephyr [dice]1d20 + 1[/dice
Dust [dice]1d20 + 4 [/dice
Vili [dice]1d20 + 8[/dice
Ree [dice]1d20 + 3[/dice
Paly [dice]1d20 + 4[/dice
Krieger [dice]1d20 - 1[/dice

My "Parent" Lodge - The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge - where you can find a TON of resources about playing PFS PbP!


1 to 50 of 188 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

First level PFS-legal characters only!

"Dot" or say hi in this space when you're ready to begin playing!

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling/Wolf HP 14 / AC 16 / FF 16 / T 12 / CMB 14 / Fort 5 / Ref 5 / Will 1 / Perc +5 (scent) / SM +1 / Move 50 Warpriest 1 / HP 10 / AC19 / FF 18 / T 12 / CMB 12 / Fort 3 / Ref 1 / Will 5 / Init +1 / Perc +5 / SM +7 / Move 15

Hi!

Dark Archive

Female Human Occultist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +0 | Movement 30ft

Hi

Sovereign Court

Male Human Shaman 1 | hp 10/10 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 30ft

Hello! I hope i did this right.

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling/Wolf HP 14 / AC 16 / FF 16 / T 12 / CMB 14 / Fort 5 / Ref 5 / Will 1 / Perc +5 (scent) / SM +1 / Move 50 Warpriest 1 / HP 10 / AC19 / FF 18 / T 12 / CMB 12 / Fort 3 / Ref 1 / Will 5 / Init +1 / Perc +5 / SM +7 / Move 15

We have 3!

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

When you get a chance, do me a favor and set either your "race" or "class" lines just like Vili (Sean) has, two posts above ^ - it really helps out a PbP GM being able to see those numbers without having to open your profiles :)

Thanks, and look for us to get started in a few days (or sooner if everyone else is ready sooner)!

Dark Archive

Male Sylph 82376-20 Magus 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 8 | F +2 R +3 W+2 | Init +5 | Per +1

I'm in!

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Fresh off your induction into the Society and the completion of their basic training within the organization, you find yourselves outside the office of Ambrus Valsin, the venture-captain in charge of daily operations in and around the Grand Lodge. The chamberlain's secretary greets you curtly and motions for you to wait before Valsin is ready to see you. This gives you ample time to meet and introduce yourselves to the Pathfinder Agents with whom you will apparently be paired with today!

Please introduce yourselves to each other, and also check the Discussion thread - thanks!

Dark Archive

Male Sylph 82376-20 Magus 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 8 | F +2 R +3 W+2 | Init +5 | Per +1

A tall, blue skinned man slowly surveys the room around him. The blade of a cutlass shines at his hip, and a suit of white and blue lacquered lamellar rests comfortably on his wiry frame. The leather scale flutters lightly in a breeze that has somehow found its way into the room. He look at each of you dead in the eye for just a moment longer than is comfortable before lazily swinging his gaze around, taking in the whole assembled group.

I'm John. Looks like I'll be your front-liner today.

Dark Archive

Female Human Occultist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +0 | Movement 30ft

A slight and young looking Qadiran woman with a clearly not well used bow on her back leans against the wall opposite the office. She grins slightly and nods at John's pronouncement.

Suits me well enough. All things equal I would usually not prefer to get stabbed.

Name's Dust and I suppose I'm a bit of a multi-tasker.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Shaman 1 | hp 10/10 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 30ft

An older ulfen man covered in tattoos from head to toe, most notably a large tree that takes up his entire chest, is sitting down. He has his eyes closed until he notices that it is his turn to speak.

Oh very well my name is Vili of house Borr and this is Ratatoskr. a scorpion appears out of the furs around Vili's chest and rests on his shoulder.

I'm here to help alleviate pain.

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Once Ben's PC does an introduction...

Venture Captain Ambrus Valsin, Chamberlain of the Grand Lodge, throws open the doors to his office and motions for you to enter and find a seat opposite his desk. His motions are efficient and precise, and he wastes no time bringing you to order.

"All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know most of you are new recruits eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won’t get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day’s end.

“Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are
good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs, and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies.

"Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I’ve prepared a list of things I want you to do. They’re not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location.”

Valsin then puts your Mission Briefing on the desk in front of him, as well as a Map of Absalom for you to utilize.

"If you have questions, or introductions to make - make them fast. I want these tasks done *before* nightfall."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Two-Weapon Fighter 1 hp 12/12 | AC 15 | FF 15 | T 10 | CMB | CMD -- | Fort +4 | Ref +0 | Will +1 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +1 | Movement 20ft |

Looking over the mission briefing, John chuckles audibly at the mention of Zarta.

"Hehehe, oh Zarta. Well, THAT should at least prove interesting."

The Exchange

Female Ifrit | HP 12/12 | Panache: 3/3 | AC 18 T 14 F 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 Swashbuckler 1

A young woman with bronze skin and red hair that is so fiery it almost seems to lift with heat off of her skin when she moves arrives a little late. She wears light armor and has a rapier and a few other weapons about her but nothing even remotely close to being considered "heavy".

"Ree Soiel at your service, well at least as long as the society continues to pay my bills at least." She winks to the party members.

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling/Wolf HP 14 / AC 16 / FF 16 / T 12 / CMB 14 / Fort 5 / Ref 5 / Will 1 / Perc +5 (scent) / SM +1 / Move 50 Warpriest 1 / HP 10 / AC19 / FF 18 / T 12 / CMB 12 / Fort 3 / Ref 1 / Will 5 / Init +1 / Perc +5 / SM +7 / Move 15

A decently dressed halfling with mud encrusted fingers bolts into the room dressed in banded mail, with a glaive, and a wolf.

"Ohhh my word! I apologize for my late appearance. I am Baronet Paly Vore of Taldor. At your service! This is my mangy mut the Arl of Snarl."

"Did I hear the name Zarta from down the hall? I guess we should get moving. I hear getting her mad is bad for your rump..."

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

And we're off! :)

Totally up to you guys and gals, now, on where to go first!

The Exchange

Female Ifrit | HP 12/12 | Panache: 3/3 | AC 18 T 14 F 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 Swashbuckler 1

"Ooh I've heard about her! Can we go there?!"

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling/Wolf HP 14 / AC 16 / FF 16 / T 12 / CMB 14 / Fort 5 / Ref 5 / Will 1 / Perc +5 (scent) / SM +1 / Move 50 Warpriest 1 / HP 10 / AC19 / FF 18 / T 12 / CMB 12 / Fort 3 / Ref 1 / Will 5 / Init +1 / Perc +5 / SM +7 / Move 15

"Best get her out of the way first while we are fresh I guess! I second this motion"

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Arriving at Paracountess Zarta Dralneen’s townhouse in the Ivy District — one of several homes the noblewoman keeps around Absalom - you come upon a magnificent gothic structure three stories in height. The ebon lacquered double doors wrought with gleaming silver fixtures greet you, a prickly brass cone hanging from a chain serving as the door chime.

Moments after ringing it, a servant with ruddy, oiled skin and small horns on his brow, wearing tight pants but a loose untied shirt that leaves much of his chest bare opens the door, smiling as if he expected you, not even giving the blue ones a second glance, but rather looking over each of you as if you were a morsel soon to be tasted.

"Ahh, welcome. My mistress has been...eagerly...expecting you. Do come in."

Assuming you follow him, he will lead you through well-appointed sitting rooms, ballrooms, and a grand stairway granting a view of an elaborate study. You then arrive on the third floor of the house at a door, which the servant knocks at and announces "Your expected guests, mistress."

The servant opens the darkly stained wooden door. A large intricate carpet dominates the marble floor in this sitting room. A chaise sits along the north wall and a desk spans the southeast corner, its chair positioned with its back to the southwest corner of the room. Three comfortable chairs are positioned around a small, low circular table.

Sitting in the chair behind the desk, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen regards you all with a wry smile, the tip of her tongue wetting her lips as she looks you over. Zarta puts away a few papers before addressing you.

1d5 ⇒ 1

“Aldor, you are dismissed. Close the door behind you and attend to your other tasks...I think the basement still needs a good washing.” She winks to her tiefling servant before turning her attention to you fully. “It’s always so incredibly adorable when I see a freshfaced batch of Pathfinders. I mean, look at you scrumptious little teacakes. I could eat each and every one of you up. Well, maybe not you.” Zarta sniffs a little at the air around Paly. “I assume this isn’t a pleasure visit since most of you are terribly overdressed for that manner of occasion, so that must mean you are here for that trinket Valsin has been nagging me about. Seems I can’t get that man around these parts anymore," she gestures, sliding her hand down her body and widening the gesture to sweep out and across the room as if her home were a secondary thought. "On the good side, he always sends me all the precious new recruits."

“Many think we in Cheliax serve and worship devils, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, we use the creatures for their power. They serve us and we sculpt their power in our own interests. The world must come to terms with the order of things. People need to know their place and operate accordingly. It is the only way to make order from this world. Too many people stretch too far beyond their station, making waves and eroding the true order.”

"So..." she smiles devilishly at all of you, "is this visit truly business...or pleasure?"

The Exchange

Female Ifrit | HP 12/12 | Panache: 3/3 | AC 18 T 14 F 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 Swashbuckler 1

"If pleasure also pays the bills I'm in for that!" Ree winks at Zarta "but since I'm guessing no probably business." The fiery woman looks genuninely sad at saying that.

Dark Archive

Male Sylph 82376-20 Magus 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 8 | F +2 R +3 W+2 | Init +5 | Per +1

Oh but my dear Zarta, can it not be both? The sylph says with a wry grin on his face.

We each seem to have incredible talents. How can we put them to use for you?

Sovereign Court

Male Human Shaman 1 | hp 10/10 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 30ft

Using his spear as something to lean and breathing heavily. I've not had much stamina since my youth so if we could move on to the business at hand please.

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

"The trinket you were sent for is a seven-lock iron case. I was trying to bypass the protections on it, but to no avail. I advise you not to try and tamper with the case until you return it to the Grand Lodge, though. The box is magically warded with abjuration magic intermingled with strong evocation magic, in addition to seven locks that even the 'experts' I hired could not open."

During Zarta's exposition, a cacophony of booms and crashes sounds from beyond the room’s west door. She sometimes pauses at an extended eruption of these noises before continuing with the conversation.

She then sighs, somewhere between an enticing sound and an exasperated one.

"Business it is, then. A servant of mine is greatly misbehaving. You’re going to have to deal with it in order to get the little bauble Ambrus wants back so badly.”

The Paracountess then opens a drawer of the desk she sits at, drawing out an exquisite silver letter opener shaped like a dagger (treat as a masterwork silver dagger - the light blue item in the office room you are currently in) and places it on the desk. “You might need this to get it to submit,” she offers with a sly grin at Zephyr and Dust especially, as she motions to the west door.

Secret Perception Checks:

Zephyr 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Dust 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Vili 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Ree 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Paly 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Zephyr and Ree only:
You discover secret doors in the foyer and the bedroom. If you point them out to your party, I will reveal them on the map.

~~~~~
First Steps Map is up!
~~~~~

Once you open the doors:

Zarta’s bedroom is decorated in the colors of Cheliax—ebon black and crimson red. Silk, rare woods, and carefully carved marble compose every bit of furniture in the room. Goose down now litters the room, covering almost every surface and the silken shreds of the cushions that contained it lie about like flayed skin . A post on the massive screened bed is snapped in half, collapsed on the bed and drawing the screened curtains into a ripped slope of formerly fine cloth. Vials of perfume and crystal jars of other cosmetics sit smashed on the marble floor around the dresser. A prominent fixture in the room, a large “X” made of stout wood sits along the west wall, complete with leather shackles and chains. A table sits to its left strewn with various items intended for pleasure, but outwardly resembling implements of pain.

Inside, a tiny red creature has a black box that is slightly bigger than it is and is trying desperately to open it, going so far as to smash it against the floor and anything else nearby. It doesn't even seem to notice you when you enter.

Knowledge (Planes) DC 7:
This is an Imp, a servitor Devil from Hell. More information forthcoming depending on how much you beat the knowledge DC.

Just inside the door is a silver-tipped riding crop (treat as an improvised masterwork club - the light blue item inside the bedroom) sitting on the table with other similar implements.

We're not necessarily in combat yet, but we *are* in rounds. You can still take social-like actions, but they must now be done in turn.

Initiative:

Krevus 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Zephyr 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Dust 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Vili 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Ree 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Paly 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 1:
Zephyr
Dust

Krevus
Vili
Ree
Paly

Zephyr and Dust are up!

Dark Archive

Female Human Occultist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +0 | Movement 30ft

Dust shrugs her shoulders. Well, noses in I suppose.

She pulls a broken compass from her belt and makes a face as if concentrating. Next to the devil a particularly well groomed bird pops into existence and lets out a menacing cry.

She draws her conjuration implement and spends 1 from its focus pool to summon a celestial eagle with augment summoning adjacent to the imp. The eagle activates smite evil but takes no other action.

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

The tiny creature continues to thrash around, smashing the iron case against the floor again and again, cracking some of the decorative tiles!

Round 1:
Zephyr
Dust
Krevus
Vili
Ree
Paly

Zephyr, Vili, Ree, and Paly are up!

Sovereign Court

Male Human Shaman 1 | hp 10/10 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 30ft

Vili looks around to everyone else Well I'm not talking to that thing

Vili holds his action until a fight starts or someone needs healing

Dark Archive

Male Sylph 82376-20 Magus 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 8 | F +2 R +3 W+2 | Init +5 | Per +1

With a smile and a wink in response to Zarta's comment, Zephyr picks up the silver letter opener and strides into the room.

Come now, is that any way to act in a beautiful woman's boudoir?

As a swift action I spend one point of my arcane pool to make the letter opener +1.

Zephyr swings at the creature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The Exchange

Female Ifrit | HP 12/12 | Panache: 3/3 | AC 18 T 14 F 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 Swashbuckler 1

Ree gleefully slides her rapier out of its scabbard as she leaps into the room following Zephyr boxing off the creature from escaping.

Pirahna Strike Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

I hate my dice this game!

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Paly
Vili
(if you want to come off hold)

Sovereign Court

Male Halfling/Wolf HP 14 / AC 16 / FF 16 / T 12 / CMB 14 / Fort 5 / Ref 5 / Will 1 / Perc +5 (scent) / SM +1 / Move 50 Warpriest 1 / HP 10 / AC19 / FF 18 / T 12 / CMB 12 / Fort 3 / Ref 1 / Will 5 / Init +1 / Perc +5 / SM +7 / Move 15

Paly and the Arl move into the room.

We will ready actions to attack the imp if it tries to escape for now.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Shaman 1 | hp 10/10 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 30ft

Vili moves into the room and lashes out with his Long Spear

Long Spear Attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Zephyr lands a blow on the tiny creature who yelps in pain, causing him to drop the iron box! "Nonono! You'll never get the box! I'll never let you fleshbodies control my kind for eternity!"

He seems to heal from the blow a tiny bit, adjusts (5 foot step) away from Zephyr, tries to concentrate...

DC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

...and turns Invisible!

Round 2:
Zephyr
Dust
Vili
Ree
Paly

Krevus (-4 hp)

Whole party is up! His icon is in the last square you saw him in!

The Exchange

Female Ifrit | HP 12/12 | Panache: 3/3 | AC 18 T 14 F 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 Swashbuckler 1

Ree adjusts backward a bit stabbing with her rapier where she last saw the thingie!

Pirahna Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Anyone know what the hell we're facing?"

Knowledge Untrained?: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

Male Sylph 82376-20 Magus 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 8 | F +2 R +3 W+2 | Init +5 | Per +1

Zephyr steps up and swings the silver blade, hoping to catch the little blighter before it moves away.

Know: Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Attack!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

You cheating little fiend! Come back here and apologize!

Dark Archive

Female Human Occultist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +0 | Movement 30ft

Ugh, Why does everything have to be so complicated.

Dust walks up between Ree and Vali and begins to feel around in empty air.

Dust takes a move action to search an adjacent square.

The eagle swings wildly at the empty space it last saw the creature.

claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
claw 1 damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
claw 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
claw 2 damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
bite damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Dust, feel free to move yourself on the map to wherever you'd like. Groping is a special move action that lets you make touch attacks into two adjacent squares with a 50% miss chance (doesn't provoke) - lets you try to locate an invisible creature in those squares.

Vili and Paly are up!

Sovereign Court

Male Human Shaman 1 | hp 10/10 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 30ft

In frustration Vili moves back in front of the door and Gropes at the square in front of him the one to the Paly.

Where did this thing go!?

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

1d100 ⇒ 65
1d100 ⇒ 88

Dust confirms that the Imp (as Zephyr identifies it as being) is in the square everyone last saw it in...maybe giving Paly a chance...?

Zephyr:
Imp, Devil, Invisibility at will, DR overcome by Silver, Fast Healing 2

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Can't really "bot" Paly with no character sheet, so I guess he closes the door to stop the imp from escaping

The invisible creature re-appears (looking healthier than before but still wounded), almost sitting on Zephyr's shoulder as he tries to sting with his tail!

Invisible Sting Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 (vs. Flat-Footed AC)
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Zephyr DC 13 Fort Save or else:
You take 1d2 ⇒ 2 Dexterity Damage, and a new save on your turn.

"Krevus not let you take box! Nononono!!!!"

Round 3:
Zephyr (-3 hp)
Dust
Vili
Ree
Paly

Krevus (-2 hp)

Whole party is up! Krevus is visible now!

Dark Archive

Female Human Occultist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +4 | Sense Motive +0 | Movement 30ft

Don't just stand there. Get him birdbrain! Dust points at the devil then walks over and grabs for the box on the ground.

The eagle presses it's attack.

claw 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
claw 1 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
claw 2 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
bite damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The Exchange

Female Ifrit | HP 12/12 | Panache: 3/3 | AC 18 T 14 F 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 Swashbuckler 1

Ree moves back where she started cursing in Ignan as she stabs at it again!

Pirahna Strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Sovereign Court

Male Human Shaman 1 | hp 10/10 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 30ft

my old age is getting to me

Vili reaches in his robe and produces a scorpion, whose appearance seems to be moving like a night sky, concentrates on the imp. Stardust materializes around the imp, This stardust causes the target to shed light as a candle, and it cannot benefit from concealment or any invisibility effects. The creature takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls and sight-based Perception checks.

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

For one round, at least. Still - great tactic!

Paly and Zephyr! Can you take the imp down?

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Krevus, the imp, shrieks as Dust takes the box and both Ree and the Eagle strike him, but...
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
he doesn't actually know what Vili did to him!

Botting: Paly continues to bar the door against escape.
Botting: Zephyr takes a five foot step back to flank with the eagle and tries to swing!

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Nearly driven unconscious from the attacks (1 hp remaining before fast healing 2 kicks in), Krevus drops to the ground in defeat.

“Yes, you’ve bested me, but I don’t wish to leave so soon. Take the blasted box, and tell Mistress Dralneen I deserve what comes my way.”

Out of Combat!

Let me know what you want to do before departing, especially since two of you have some info...

The Exchange

Female Ifrit | HP 12/12 | Panache: 3/3 | AC 18 T 14 F 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 Swashbuckler 1

Ree sighs almost in dissappointment as the imp gives up and she can't keep swinging. She sighs as she puts her rapier away before remembering something!

"Oh right! I totally saw a secret door over there!!"

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Indeed, the perception checks made earlier reveal a set of secret doors (now shown on the map) that lead to a secret office and library containing many esoteric texts on devils and their behaviors, especially in their interactions with humans and other mortals that they find "tempting".

The discovery of the secret library helps to shed light on how operations are handled here, but do not lend themselves to your mission, as Dust has already retrieved the seven-lock box.

As you depart, with Krevus curled up in a ball under Zarta's desk in the foyer waiting for her displeasure to manifest, Zarta playfully winks to Dust and Zephyr. "If you'd like to keep that little knife, you can...but only if you promise to come back and see me later."

(Where to next, team?)

Sovereign Court

Male Human Shaman 1 | hp 10/10 | AC 15 | FF 13 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 | Init +6 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 30ft

Well the sooner we get these done the sooner I can get off my feet. Anyone against heading to the Temple of the Shining Star?

The Exchange

Female Ifrit | HP 12/12 | Panache: 3/3 | AC 18 T 14 F 13 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will -1 | Init +10 | Perception +3 Swashbuckler 1

"Works for me!"

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Arriving at the Temple of the Shining Star in the Ascendant Court, you are immediately directed to Ollysta Zadrian. This paladin of Sarenrae is young in her years, but holds herself with the poise of a queen and warrior simultaneously. She smiles as you approach.

"Thank the light of Sarenrae you have arrived! I knew Ambrus would come through for us in the Silver Crusade. I desperately need you to bring medicine to an orphanage and let me know if the headmistress, Gilga Baltwin, is deserving of our charity. Since our quest began, the needy have clamored for our aid, and I suspect some are abusing our generosity. It may sound cruel, but there are plenty of dishonest people out in the world eager for easy gold."

“Do you know of the Silver Crusade? After discovering so many factions splintered the Society, a number of us banded together to proliferate the cause of charity and kindness using the Society’s resources. As it is said, ‘The Dawn brings new light’ and I’ve made it my life’s work to use our recent darkness to bring a new light to the world and to the Pathfinder Society. I apologize for straying off point. Will you bring this parcel of medicine to Auntie Baltwin’s Home for Recovery in the Eastgate district?”

Assuming you agree, she continues.

"Normally I'd love to answer your questions before sending you off, but I also need to arrange for a vital caravan of medical supplies to be sent to Mendev, so I'm afraid I'll have to leave you to learn what you can from her neighbors."

Grand Lodge

First Steps Maps First Steps, Pt 1: Mission Briefing | Map of Absalom

Once you take the supplies and head to the Eastgate district, you can all make Diplomacy (Gather Information) or Knowledge (Local) checks.

DC 5:

While most witnesses admit she is a mean old bag, they also all reply they think it is great what she’s doing for the children.

DC 10:

Miltivis, who runs a nearby market, claims he’s served Auntie Baltwin for over 30 years, and while a good customer, she is quite demanding and often rude to the other customers. He says she’s kept his supplier of fine whiskeys in business for decades.

DC 15:

Gilga Baltwin’s neighbors Travost and Tirelle Anthos are frankly tired of the noises the children make and the retinue of cats—though they do appreciate the latter’s mousing skills. They admit to being happy when Auntie Baltwin sends the children “off into the town” during the day, as it gives them a few hours of peace and quiet before they return in the evening.

DC 20:

At the estate across the street, Master Trebb Bonto, a retired builder, says nothing but nice things of Lady Baltwin, as he calls her. He recounts tales of tea and games on the sitting porch, though if pressed, he lets slip that she often cheats at games and sometimes had some shady characters coming to whisper in her ear and palm her small bags of what might have been money before slinking away. “Otherwise a fine lady, indeed.” he quickly adds.

~~~~~

Feel free to RP with Ollysta, roll knowledge/diplomacy, and RP with what you have learned. When you are ready to move on to Auntie Baltwin’s Home for Recovery, post a *, and we will continue.

1 to 50 of 188 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS First Steps PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.