Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

PFS First Steps by Xzaral (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

The First Steps PFS Modules


151 to 200 of 359 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Gonna have to pull back abit.

Reaching your hand into the basket and grasping the key, a sudden movement in the basket causes you to pull back. Alas it is not quick enough as an angry green viper reveals itself from within the folds of the linen cloth in the baskt. The viscious assault of the snake finds purchase in the soft flesh of your hand, injecting it's venom into you. You manage to pull your hand out of the basket, key in hand, but at what price?

Daniel, I'll need you to make a fortitude save. Also you suffer 1 point of damage from the bite. Let me know if you want to continue with the your actions as stated above, including letting the poison run it's course.

Doom Waits Beyond here:

Viper Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Just you wait till I get Divine Grace, snake!
Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Daniel jerks away from the basket and quickly closes the lid and puts his shield on top. Clutching the bitten hand, he turns to his companions.
"There's a poisonous snake inside! Can someone of you treat poisons? Or could you tell if this liquid here might be an antidote?"


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Daniel feels the poison work it's way up his hand, but his body resists the poison, it's only effects a moment of weakness in his hand. You made the save.


Daniel clenches and unclenches his fist as he feels the burning feeling go away.

"Oh, hold that. Looks like this poison is not as potent as some other snakes have. At least we got a key now, I hope it fits somewhere."

He then proceeds to try and open the dark wooden chest with it.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The key fits snuggly into the hole, but does not appear to open this lock.

The Spoiler is a Lie:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier 1

"I must express hesitation at trying the key on this chest. I do not know much of the arcane, but there appears is some sort of magical writing around the lock that I suspect could be a trap of some sort." Gerald glances at Jiece and Jericho. "Of course, I'm certain that someone else could handle the situation."


Male Human Knife Master

Jiece steps forward, cracking his knuckles as he does. "Not quite sure what you mean by that, Gerald, but I'll assume it was a compliment placed in good faith." He leans down next to the chest and withdraws a small kit from the back of his belt. Opening it up, anyone paying attention can see a various collection of lockpicks and other less savory tools. Pulling a few of the longer ones out and setting them aside, Jiece moves in towards the chest and takes a look at what he has in front of him.

GM:

Perception - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Disable Device - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

An examination of the chest reveals that the runes are not a trap per se, but more an extension of the lock itself. You find nothing to disable within the lock and no way to pick it. It seems without the key this chest will remain sealed.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier 1

In that case, I'll go ahead and try the key on the chest, assuming Daniel has passed it along by now.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

As soon as the Blue Stone Key is placed into the keyhole on the Red Lacquered Chest, the lid immediately pops open. Inside the chest is a jeweled sceptre, the end of which has been forged into it's own key.

Appraise DC 15:

While the sceptre looks impressive and exquisite, it is merly costume jewelry.

Perception DC 16:

A slight click from up above can be heard. Looking up at the 15 foot ceiling, a small golden key can now be seen dangling by wire about 6 inches from said ceiling.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier 1

rolls:

Appraise: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Gerald holds the scepter aloft for all to see. Pointing upward at a small key dangling from the ceiling he asks, "Any ideas on how to get that down?"

How high is the ceiling?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

15 feet up


Appraise: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier 1

Gerald sets the scepter down, pulls his lance off of his back, and points it straight up. Seeing that the key dangles just a foot or two from the tip, he tries to knock it free. Trying to jump up to close the distance, he swings his lance at the key.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Utterly unable to lift his feet from the ground, Gerald lowers his head in shame.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Seeing Jiece's skill with alternate methods of opening, This chest has some kind of magic trap on it. Jiece, do you want to take a look at it?

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21.

Looking up Jericho sees the key. Gerald and Daniel, if the two of you are willing to allow one of us to ascend to your shoulders, perhaps we can get that key without too much trouble.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Jericho will also go look at the bottle of liquid, and if it is not sealed, will attempt to identify it.

Craft(Alchemy): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier 1

"Feel free to climb upon my shoulders." Gerald says, not sure whether to be proud that he is being helpful or ashamed that he is a step-stool.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Jericho:
The solution in the jar is acid. At the bottom of the jar sits a jeweled key.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Let me know who's standing on who's shoulders.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

This liquid is acid. There is a key in the bottom.

so this makes how many keys now? five?


Male Human Knife Master

"Well, someone's got to handle this." Jiece says as he steps up to the acid. Looking down, he looks for an easy way to grip the vat of acid and push it over. Looking at Jericho and the others, he scowls. "Someone care to help?"

GM:

How do you want to handle this, boss?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

The glass jar containing the acid is apporximately 1 gallon in size and is half full. The jar weighs about 6ish lbs and is slightly akward. Trying to dump it out yourself would require a reflex save to avoid having it splash on you. The jar can be tipped, but you'll have to tell me how you want to do it :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Do not dump it out until we are sure that the acid is not needed to solve this puzzle somehow.

Jericho holds a hand out to keep Jiece from dumping the acid.


Male Human Knife Master

Jiece glances over at Jericho and shrugs. "I somehow doubt it'll be useful. Its probably more of a hindrance than anything. I doubt that the Osiriani would allow us down here just to try and off us with a little bit of acid." Jiece considers his own words for a minute. "Okay, I doubt most Osiriani would." Stepping back and bracing his boot against the side of the jar, he has his companions step back away from the jar as he gives it a good kick to the floor. As he does, he pushes himself back out of the way of the jar in order to avoid any possible spray.

GM:

Strength - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Reflex Save - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Jiece kicks the jar, causing it to fall to the floor and shatter open as he leaps back. The jar shatters, acid flying everywhere. If not for his precautions, Jiece may have taken some of the spray, which begins to bubble as it hits the floor, spray striking the legs of the table. The key is now free, having clattered away on the far side of the pool of acid.

No immediate damage to floor or table, just descriptive text. Map updated.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter/1

I hate puzzles I never was very good at them. now that we have all of these keys what do we do about that key up there maybe I can knock it off the hook with an arrow

should I roll an attack roll for hitting the key GM?

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

be careful jeice looking worried as I see the acid splash about


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

While the group attempts to devise a plan to retrieve the key, Arathorn takes out his bow and shoots at the key. The arrow strikes the key, sending it clattering across the floor, pulled from the strings keeping it on the ceiling. Map Updated.

Salhar's vault

Grand Lodge

male human fighter/1

Cant view the google doc atm ( at work) moves over to the key I have the key looking proud of him self as he brings the key to jeice I assume this will be helpful? ?


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

I have that same issue at work. Computers sometimes load google docs, sometimes not. It's not related to the doc itself, because the same doc may or may not load. Can't figure it out. 'course they use IE 6 still, and loads of other antiquated stuff.

Grand Lodge

male human fighter/1

It has to do with your security policy some times the httpS, urls can by pass it some times not for example take off the s in HttpS and you may get blaocked by your security policy, thats what it is with mine at least


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Haven't seen a post in a couple days, sot just a quick recap to get things moving. At present you have four keys. The blue stone key (obtained from the wicker basket) used to unlock the Red Lacquered chest, a jeweled key from the glass jar that is still on the floor, a gold key from the ceiling still on the floor, and the sceptre, which has a key-like carving engraved in the end. Of the three chests, the red lacquered one has been open, the copper banded one and the steel one are both still shut.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier 1

Gerald moves to stand near the dark wood chest, and tries the scepter key on it.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

You put the keyhead on the sceptre into the lock on the dark wood chest, but it fails to turn the mechanism.

I disbelieve the spoiler:

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11


Male Human Knife Master

Jiece reaches for one of the keys from his fellow adventurer and steps towards the last chest. "Might as well get it all done at once," he says as he kneels down and slides the key into the lock, cycling through each key until he finds the right one. Once he does, he lifts the top of the chest and peers inside.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

There are still two locked chests, the steel one and the copper banded dark wood one. Which are you trying first?


Male Human Knife Master

Gerald said he was trying the darkwood one, so Jiece will go for the other one.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier 1

I feel I must point out that we know the steel one to be trapped, and that should probably be dealt with first.


Male Human Knife Master

Jiece bends to inspect the steel chest. He mimics the same process as that of the red chest and proceeds.

GM:

Perception - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Disable Device - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Ninja'ed. Keys will be order obtained.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

That was the Red Lacquered chest, which is currently open. This one (the steel one) has not had a perception roll yet made. Also please list the order you try the keys, please.


Male Human Knife Master

Scowling the first time the tumblers slip on him, Jiece cracks his knuckles and tries again.

Disable device - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Sorry, missed the original rolls. The order is Blue Stone, Sceptre, Jeweled Key, Gold Key.

Examining the chest, Jiece is able to determine that the steel chest has indeed been trapped. He begins to work on the chest, disabling the rune to set it off. At first he finds it difficult, but he does not give up and eventually manages to disable the trap on the chest. Trying the keys in order they were discovered, he goes through all four until the last key opens the chest, revealing two items. The first is the requested map of Salhar's Burial Vault. The other is a piece of wood, 9 inches in length, quite possibly a wand of some form.

Jiece:
Also your Disable Modifier is +9 (it actually matters in this case).


Male Human Knife Master

Jiece smirks and slips his fingers around the contents of the chest. Slipping the contents safely into his pack, he stands up and walks back over to the main door. "We're done here." Jiece comments as he bangs a fist against the exit.

GM:

Sorry about that. Posting from my iPhone so I got some of my skill checks mixed up.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

No response is heard from the doorway at your knocking.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier 1

"Would you mind passing those along?" Gerald says to Jiece, motioning at the keys.

I'll cycle through them in the same order on the dark wood chest.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Gerald cycles through all the keys on the Copper Banded Darkwood chest, but alas each key does not seem to turn the lock.

Not that way =>:

1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Jericho will study the last chest to see if he can determine a pattern to the runes.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16.
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

Jericho goes up to examine the runes on the chest. As he stares at the intently, he begins to make out a shape in the runes. Focusing, his stares go beyond the chest, and focus on the new shape, to realize he is now staring at the table behind the chest. A moment of realization passes and he realizes the chest he is staring at is actually some form of illusion spell.

<=or that way:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Alchemist 2 [hp 20/20] [AC 16, touch 13 flat-footed 13] [Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1] [Perception +5]

Jericho says, in a quiet voice as if speaking to himself, It's not real.

He focuses his will and looks slowly around the room to try to pierce any other illusions that there may be.


Male Demigawd Nerd 5, Dungeon Master 6, RPGA GM 2, PFS GM 1

You examine the room, looking for any other illusions that my exist. Nothing seems to stand out as being 'not quite real'.

Just another spoiler:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier 1

Any ideas on the wand?

151 to 200 of 359 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS First Steps by Xzaral All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.