[PFS]DM Elanmorin's Shades of Ice, Part II: The Exiles of Winter (Inactive)

Game Master Rogar Valertis

After surviving an assassination plot against them in Trollheim the Pathfinders travel to Winterthrone where they know the historian Rognvald Skagni is held prisoner. Their mission saving the old man and giving him back a chest with his belongings...

Initiative:

[dice=Calephe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Dragall]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Midge]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Scuttlebutt]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=The "tiny" Thundercloud]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Zane]1d20+1[/dice]

Perception:
[dice=Calephe]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Dragall]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Midge]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Scuttlebutt]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=The "tiny" Thundercloud]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Zane]1d20+6[/dice]

On the trail


401 to 450 of 540 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 16/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall continues to try to find out the color of the enemy's blood.

to hit with greataxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Unable to get a proper view of the warriors past her allies and the standing stones, Midge moves south and hurls a glob of magical acid at one of the warriors attacking Calephe. (blue)

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 5
Acid Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:9/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 1 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 3/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

Heh, might as well see if Thundercloud heard anything, for what its' worth....

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11.
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15.

Was done just out of "academic" curiosity; not that'd it affect anything now. ;)

When the Snowmask warriors make their attacks, Minuro/Thundercloud will mutter to himself, "You heal up one of them up all nice and healthy and then three more of them pop out to attack you- what a bunch of lousy ingrates...!"

Round One: Minuro/Thundercloud will... (Checking on the handy google map, real quickly)... move up, slinging his buckler into active position, and fire off a mystic bolt at the Green Snowmask Warrior.

Punish them ingrates: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11.

Why can't they be nicer, like that first tribesman?: 1d6 ⇒ 4.

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 17 / T 12/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Seeing his entreaties for peace accomplishing nothing and the savage results of the tribesmen team-up on Calephe, Scuttlebutt races forward while drawing his rapier.

<In Hallit>"I tried to tell you that we mean you no harm but you bumpkins obviously have your ear canals frozen over! You brought this on yourselves!"

Attack on Green w/ flank: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 2 = 18

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Shadow Lodge

Dragall's attack almost beheads the barbarian, who can barely stand on his feet anymore.
The Thundercloud and Midge use their magic but fail to hit their intended targets.
Scuttlebutt does better by wounding the greenclad barbarian. Yet the damage isn't nearly enough to defeat the burly opponent.

Round 02 - Bold may act

Calephe -8hp
Dragall
Midge
Zane
Scuttlebutt

Snowmask Warrior (cyan)
Snowmask Warrior (green) -04hp
Snowmask Warrior (black) -11hp, disabled

The Thundercloud

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe sighs. "Why don't they ever listen." She swings both kukri's at the green enemy.

Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Kukri Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Zane moves up and attacks the warrior on Calephe’s right (light blue):
please move token to square south of Calephe. Not working on my iPad for some reason today

Attack, greataxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage, greataxe: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Calephe puts another barbarian out of commission while Zane cannot do the same... for now.

Stabilization check (green): 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 - 1 = 14

His companion in black takes one last deaperate swing against Dragall...

Attack roll (black vs Dragall): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 -> Damage roll: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

But his wounds have made his accuracy non existent and he misses the half orc by a wide margin. Then, unable to stand anymore, he falls on the ground .

Stabilization check (black): 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 1 = 2

Despite the fight having turned against him and his friends the last standing barbarian does not try to flee but keeps on fighting, screaming insults in hallit (which Scuttlebutt chooses not to translate...) and attacks Zane.

Attack roll (cyan vs Zane): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 -> Damage roll: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
With no better luck than the others.

Round 02/03 - Bold may act

Calephe -8hp
Dragall
Midge
Zane
Scuttlebutt

Snowmask Warrior (cyan)
Snowmask Warrior (green) -12hp, stable
Snowmask Warrior (black) -11hp, dying -1

The Thundercloud

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe sighs and slashes out at the last remaining warrior.

Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 16/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall moves to cyan warrior and hits him with his greataxe.

to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge peers around her companions, trying to get a good view of the final warrior. It's no use! She won't make that shot!

Auw, fiddlesticks!

Instead, Midge hurries across the battlefield. She moves to hop over the unconscious warrior, but then stops. Instead she crouches down to ensure he won't bleed out in the snow. Satisfied he won't she sighs in relief.

Move action, then making sure the green guy is stable and not dying. He is stable, so I didn't bother rolling anything.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Working together Calephe and Dragall bring down the last remaining clan warrior.

Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 1 = 19

He falls on the ground but, unlike his friend in black fur, his bleeding doesn't seem too heavy. Meanwhile Midge makes sure the barbarian wearing a green scarf is not dying, which she easily confirms with a simple glance.

Out of combat. What do you want to do with them?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 17 / T 12/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

"Quickly, these tribesmen may be misguided but aren't our enemies and don't deserve to die out here!"

Scuttlebutt rushes forward to attempt to bind the wounds of the Snowmask member still bleeding in the snow, but his knowledge of medical procedures is not his strong suit.

Heal check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

"No, no, it's not working, I'm not so good at this, I can't bind his wounds!"

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge hurries over to help Scuttlebutt.

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Oh, I think I made it worse! Help, someone!"

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Calephe heads over to the tribesman still bleeding out, and tries to staunch his wounds. "I don't have any training at this."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 16/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall will take his wand for healing and heal bleeding tribesman.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

While well intentioned, Scuttlebutt, Midge and Calephe just cause the fallen barbarian's condition to worsen. On the other hand Dragall assumes a very practical approach stepping in and tapping the man with his wand. Healing him back to consciousness.

Hallit:
"What? Why?... Why did you save me, defilers? I won't tell you anything, I'll die before I speak!"

Time to roll diplomacy with someone capable of talking with the man

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 17 / T 12/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Scuttlebutt sheaths his rapier and steps before the tribesman, holding his empty hands in front of him.

"<in Hallit>I told you we are not your enemies and that still holds true. You see we bound the wounds of your brothers and did not leave you to die. We know there are other foreigners that trespass through this land that your people have already met and fought with. We seek them as they are our enemies, too. These other outsiders are traveling to the Keep of the Huscarl King to defile its noble sanctity and steal a weapon from within to turn it against my comrades and any others who stand in their way. We wish to stop them and we do not wish to be enemies of the Snowmasks."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Ok, I do not wish to keep that roll, time for my shirt/folio reroll and GM stars

Diplomacy reroll + 3 stars: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 3 = 19

Alright, that's better but will it be good enough?

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge waits in nervous anticipation to see if Scuttlebutt can talk the man into standing down and caring for his comrades. Binding their wounds wouldn't help if they all froze to death in the snow...

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 17 / T 12/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

It is assumed to be so on every foreign language conversation that Scuttlebutt will translate what is being said back to the team.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Scuttlebutt: Considering how saving him made him unfriendly instead of hostile and he's got a cha of 08 a 19 turns him into an indifferent barbarian...

Hallit:
"Seems like I misjudged you a little. We warriors of the Snowmask Clan attacked because we thought you were trying to meet up with your allies who passed this way not long ago. I'm not entirely sure you are not with those other defilers yet, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Will you heal my brothers and let us go? If so I swear not to bear arms against you anymore and to bring word of your actions back to the clan elders"

What do you want to do?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 17 / T 12/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Scuttlebutt takes out his healing wand and explains what it is to the conscious Snowmask tribesman so as to not alarm him (any more than he probably is) and administers some taps to one of the knocked out Snowmasks first so as to let the first one explain not to continue attacking before tapping healing magic onto the third one.

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:9/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 1 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 3/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

Once the final tribal warrior keels over, Minuro/Thundercloud goes about to each of the fallen warriors and pulls away their held weapons so that they're well out of their reach.

As soon as Scuttlebutt, Midge, and Calephe attempt to heal the one tribesman still bleeding out, Minuro/Thundercloud rummages through his pack to get at his scroll of infernal healing stored within a scroll box. Fortunately, Dragall has everything under control with a well-timed heal from his wand.

Letting the Hallit-fluent Bard converse with and translate what the conscious Snowmask tribesman has to say to the rest of the party, Minuro/Thundercloud will wait to see what happens next.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Scuttlebutt heals the fallen barbarians. At first they recoil from the shock of their near death experience and cast suspicious glances at the lot of you. The first clan warrior admonishes them not to engage in any further violence though:

Hallit:
"You kept your part of the bargain, we will keep ours and tell what you did to the clan elders. Deciding how to deal with you is their decision but at least they'll know you act with honour"

So saying the 3 barbarians flee eastward moving quickly through the snow.
You, on the other hand keep moving west. Shortly after nightfall, you come across a cave indicated on Skagni’s map. There is enough room here for you to huddle inside and to escape the elements overnight.

As the second day of travel begins, the sky is cloudy and ominously gray.

DC15Survival check:
A storm is heading down from the north and could intersect with your route. In order to stay ahead of the storm, you must minimize breaks for rest and food throughout the day.

Forced March:
Forced March

In a day of normal walking, a character walks for 8 hours. The rest of the daylight time is spent making and breaking camp, resting, and eating.

A character can walk for more than 8 hours in a day by making a forced march. For each hour of marching beyond 8 hours, a Constitution check (DC 10, +2 per extra hour) is required. If the check fails, the character takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. A character who takes any nonlethal damage from a forced march becomes fatigued. Eliminating the nonlethal damage also eliminates the fatigue. It’s possible for a character to march into unconsciousness by pushing himself too hard.

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:9/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 1 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 3/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

Will take that cavey rest break to re-memorize all his spells and use up a day's worth of trail rations; will be spending one casting to re-up his Endure Elements too.

Day 2:

Aid another on Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2.

Looking up at the ominously gray clouds, Minuro/Thundercloud remarks, "There shouldn't be any thunder-stormy weather this far up north, could there?".

If we take the forced march option, how many hours would we have to keep at it to avoid any trouble?

Grand Lodge

M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 16/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

"A storm is heading down from the north and could intersect with our route. In order to stay ahead of the storm, we must minimize breaks for rest and food throughout the day. So be quick!"

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Zane will cast Endure Elements on himself.

Survival, Aid others: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge uses Calephe's wand on the other four of us, ensuring no one needs to worry about the weather, then shoves it back into her backpack.

At Dragall's warning she nods. With a glance to her short, little legs, she frowns. "I'll try my best to keep up."

Yeah, I'm fine with a forced march if you guys want. Midge will do her best!

Grand Lodge

M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 16/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall is also for forced march.

Shadow Lodge

@the Thundercloud: Dragall estimates your party must fit 2 additional hours of movement into the day in order to reach the resting spot indicated on the map by nightfall. Remember: endure elements cannot help you against forced march and since everyone seems ok with that option I need you all to roll 2 constitution checks, DC12 and DC14

Grand Lodge

M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 16/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

CON 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
CON 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 17 / T 12/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

"Suffering shoe leather! A forced march? Damn, I can't deny the logic of it, those clouds look nasty. Let's hustle," sighs Scuttlebutt.

Con check 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Con check 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

"I... don't... feel... so great."

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

CON: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Fail.
CON: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Pass.

Fatigued and taking: Non-lethal Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

By the end of the day Midge looks like she's about to fall over. She's looks exhausted, is nursing a painful cramp in her side, and is gasping for air.

"I need... to rest..." she wheezes.

Shadow Lodge

Scuttlebutt:
NL Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 + fatigued

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zane, the Thundercloud and Calephe need to check for forced march

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:9/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 1 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 3/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

con checking #1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15.

con checking #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.

non-lethal fatigue: 1d6 ⇒ 6.

Minuro/Thundercloud was able to keep up with the hurried pace for the first few hours but the last few hours just proved be far too much for the masked Wayang indeed...

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Con Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Con Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Damage NL: 1d6 ⇒ 1

"Let's go then." Calephe does her best to keep moving, but the snow proves too much for her.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anyone heard from Zane?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 16/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

No.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Nope.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 17 / T 12/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Did we lose Zane in the snow? Who's job was it to keep on eye on him??

I hope he logs back in soon and is okay.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Next time he rides on the sled...

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Very well then.

Zane:
Con check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 -> NL damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Con check: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 1 = 15

Zane manages to complete the forced march as well despite some minor frostbite and fatigue tormenting him. In the end your whole group manages to reach the cave depicted on Skagni's map. The cave's mouth is wide enough for three humans to enter abreast, and faces away from the wind of the storm.

Ten feet into this dark granite cave, a large cavern opens up, its ceiling rising as high as thirty feet. Warm, humid air fills the chamber, and colorful fungi cover the floor and walls. Beneath a layer of iridescent algae, the faint images of cave paintings can be seen on all the cavern’s walls. Signs of a rockslide block what may once have been a passage farther into the cave. This seems like the ideal place to rest. Unfortunately you immediately realize you are not alone here! Three lizard like creatures stare at you and begin to emit a low hiss...

DC16 Knowledge (nature):
These are exemplars of Compsognathus, a small type of carnivorous dinosaur. Depending on your roll you get to ask questions.

Initiative:
Calephe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Dragall: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Midge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Scuttlebutt: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
The "tiny" Thundercloud: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Zane: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Reptiles x3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Round 01 - Bold may act

Calephe
Midge

reptile (red)
reptile (blue)
reptile (green)

The Thundercloud
Dragall
Zane
Scuttlebutt

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

"What cute little things. I doubt they are going to be nice to us though." She moves forward while pulling out a chakram and sends it flying at the green creature.

Chakram: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Exhausted and nursing a cramp in her side, Midge groans loudly.

"Uggh... Hiss yourself!"

Midge mutters something in a strange language and waves her arms around. As a protective barrier surrounds her body she draws her morningstar.

"SO not in the mood..." she mutters.

Casting Mage Armour on herself and drawing a morningstar.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Calephe acts first throwing her chackram towards one of the tiny reptiles. She hits, although the wound she causes is not enough to kill the beast outright.
At the same time Midge prepares for the incoming fight with both arcane and mundane means.

And she's right to do so as the 3 ferocious 2 legged lizards dart forward and try to bite Calephe...

Attack roll (green vs Calephe): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 -> Damage roll: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Attack roll (red vs Calephe): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 -> Damage roll: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Attack roll (blue vs Calephe): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 -> Damage roll: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

The Varisian knife-fighter easily avoids their tiny fanged maws though.

Round 01 - Bold may act

Calephe
Midge

reptile (red)
reptile (blue)
reptile (green) -4hp

The Thundercloud
Dragall
Zane
Scuttlebutt

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 16/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall moves, pulls out greataxe and hits red one.

to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:9/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 1 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 3/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

Since it has been less than a week, I'm sure that Zane will turn up sooner or later to get in on some lizard bashing fun.

Looking forward to having a nice long rest in the very stylishly decorated cavern, Minuro/Thundercloud grumbles a bit at having to deal with some fellow cave occupants of the scaly kind.

"Why do we gotta deal with all these damned lizards mucking about in a snow-piled mushroom hole in the ground!? Shouldn't they be hibernating or something?!"

Moving up 10 feet past Scuttlebutt, Minuro/Thundercloud veers into a final five foot diagonal step in order to get one of those unpleasant upright-standing lizards (of all the things to be lounging out in the stormy snow covered landscape!) caught in his casted Shadow Trap while the masked Wayang had gotten his buckler into the ready position.

Blue Lizard has to make a Will save 14 vs Shadow Trap.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fighting bad cold. Sorry for MIA status

Knowledge, Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Zane moves up and attacks the little critters:

Attack, great axe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Shadow Lodge

Dragall and Zane miss their targets while the Thundercloud opts for magic over brute force...

WIll Save (blue): 1d20 ⇒ 9

And suceeds at restrictingone of the lizard's movements.

Round 01/02 - Bold may act

Calephe
Midge

reptile (red)
reptile (blue) entangled
reptile (green) -4hp

The Thundercloud
Dragall
Zane
Scuttlebutt

401 to 450 of 540 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]DM Elanmorin's Shades of Ice, part II: The Exiles of Winter - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.