[PFS]DM Elanmorin's Shades of Ice, Part II: The Exiles of Winter (Inactive)

Game Master Rogar Valertis

After surviving an assassination plot against them in Trollheim the Pathfinders travel to Winterthrone where they know the historian Rognvald Skagni is held prisoner. Their mission saving the old man and giving him back a chest with his belongings...

Initiative:

[dice=Calephe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Dragall]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Midge]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Scuttlebutt]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=The "tiny" Thundercloud]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Zane]1d20+1[/dice]

Perception:
[dice=Calephe]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Dragall]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Midge]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Scuttlebutt]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=The "tiny" Thundercloud]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Zane]1d20+6[/dice]

On the trail


201 to 250 of 540 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

"Are those... bugs on you? Why were there dead bugs down there?? I'm beginning to suspect why 'Auntie Marney's Bitter Brewery' is no longer in business."

Shadow Lodge

You make your way to what apparently amounts to makeshift sleeping quarters. Yet you can hear someone (or something) whistling happily in the room next to this. Whistling... and cries of pain!

Grand Lodge

M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 20/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall tries to detect magic in this room. He quietly approaches the passage to see who whistles and weeps with his greataxe in his hands.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Scuttlebutt takes out his hand crossbow and loads a bolt.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Zane follows Dragall, moving silently as he approaches the passage and listening carefully and staying alert.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge follows the others around the pit, careful not to fall in. She scrunches up her nose at the bugs down there.

---

At the strange whistling, Midge readies her morningstar and prepares to follow the others in.

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe keeps her kukri's out as she moves foward toward the laughter. She trips over something.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Shadow Lodge

You try to advance throughout the complex using stealth and peer inside a large cavern, clearly expanded from a prexisting structure. The place seems filled with supplies but to the north and south sides you spy a lot of people chained to the walls. These seems to be Ulfen slaves of some sort. Skagni may be within their number after all!
Unfortunately the room wasn't left unguarded though. An hideous and huge goblin sporting a half-dozen vestigial limbs, a comically over-sized mouth, and enormous crooked teeth is happily humming to itself while a smaller goblin follows him around.

Perception:
Perception (Glorfan): 1d20 ⇒ 16

Perception (Glorfan's assistant): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

You prepare to surprise the beast but Calephe and Dragall make enough noise that it suddenly stops and turns its misshappen head towards you. It grins and croaks:"Look! More specimens!"

Initiative:
Calephe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Dragall: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Midge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Scuttlebutt: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
The "tiny" Thundercloud: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Zane: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Glorfan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Assistant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Round 01 - Bold may post

Calephe
Zane

Assistant

The Thundercloud
Scuttlebutt
Midge

Glorfan

Dragall

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe moves boldly into the room her weapons out.

Double Move

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Zane follows Calephe covering her back.

Double Move

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

What appropriate knowledge check would the misshapen goblin-thing fall under?

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Scuttlebutt: local. Post coming later this evening

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Thanks, DM E.M.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Calephe and Zane advance into the storage room. The goblin assistant shrieks and looks up to the bigger, deformed goblin for guidance.

Assistant delays

Round 01 - Bold may post

Calephe
Zane
The Thundercloud
Scuttlebutt
Midge

Glorfan
Assistant

Dragall

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge hurries into the room.

"Ugh! It's hideous!" she exclaims at the sight of the mutated goblin. "What is it?"

Double move.

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:9/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 1 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 3/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

Rushing in after the enthusiastic halfling sorceress, Minuro/Thundercloud barely enters the interior of the doorway before he spots what might be trouble within.

Also double moves into big slavery-camp room.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Hearing his allies taken aback by the presence of some goblinoid abomination, Scuttlebutt gives a brief strum to his magical chainmail, starting a resonant harmony that he will join in on to bolster their abilities and moves up to the opening into the next room.
"Slithering slave-ships, there's captives in here! Be careful of your actions, we don't want them hurt by friendly fire and one of them could be Rognvald Skagni!"

Move action to activate singing steel, Inspire Courage is now going, and second move action to advance behind The Thundercloud.

He takes a look at the hideously malformed creature in the room, and takes his best educated guess as to what it is...

Knowledge local plus inspiration: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 9 + (2) = 28

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Scuttlebutt:
Glorfan is clearly a mutated goblin of some sort. It looks harder to hit than others of its kind (AC15) and pretty hard to put down (24hp). He laso seems to have a host of...

Mutations: Glorfan’s prolonged exposure to waters of Lamashtu left him with a number of deformities. He gains two claw attacks and one bite attack, fast healing 1, and unnaturally tough skin, and is exceptionally large for a goblin.

"Take the female human-thing I will subdue the orc-thing!" the monstruosity called Glorfan says to its assistant as he steps near Zane while the smaller goblin attacks Calephe instead!

Claw 01 (Glorfan vs Zane): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 -> Damage roll: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Claw 02 (Glorfan vs Zane): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 -> Damage roll: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Bite (Glorfan vs Zane): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 -> Damage roll: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Attack roll (assistant vs Calephe): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 -> Damage roll: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Round 01 - Bold may post

Calephe -2hp
Zane -10hp
The Thundercloud
Scuttlebutt
Midge

Glorfan
Assistant

Dragall

After Dragall acts, start round 2

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 20/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall approached Glorfan and attacked him with his Greataxe.
This is for all these slaves!
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Dragall, don't forget to add the +1 to hit and damage from inspire courage.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Scuttlebutt starts a song that blends with the harmony the ringing metal of his armor started, a sea shanty about a crew harassed by sea monsters and takes note of the ferocity the bizarre goblin dishes out onto his friends.

Abadar's aching arches, it thinks WE'RE 'more specimens'? I know more than a few back at the Grand Lodge who'd love to make a stuffed specimen out of this one.

He drops his crossbow in favor of a different tactical need and rushes behind Zane, drawing out his healing wand along the way but not activating its power yet. He then draws on his own inner magic that washes over Zane with a touch.

Free action to maintain bardic performance to inspire courage, move 20 ft into the room, draw out a wand of CLW as part of that move action, standard action to cast Cure Light Wounds on Zane to get a +2 on the roll instead of a +1 from the wand.

CLW spell: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 20/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Of course I forgot to add. so it's Attack = 18 and damage = 16

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

wow Scuttlebutt. Action optimizer extraordinaire! Thank you

Zane is terribly wounded by the big goblin before he has the chance to strike. Fortunately Scuttlebutt’s healing touch soothes the vicious wounds a second after they were made. He launches into the big goblin calling forth his destructive smite:

Attack, greataxe + bard’s courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Damage, greataxe + bard’s courage+destructive smite: 1d12 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 13

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

yeah, if a heavy hitter loses over 50% hp in one round, then someone better do something to aid. I built a support/aid guy; ergo, I'd better support/aid.

also, I mentioned it in my prose but did not outline it in my 'ooc' actions description that as another free action Scuttlebutt dropped his hand crossbow. Can't take for granted the number of free actions realistically able to be taken each round.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge hurries into the room.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" she shouts at the mutated goblin. Midge shoves her arm out at the hideous thing, causing a glob of acid to fly from his hands..

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 4
Acid Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Unfortunately, her worry over Zane is too great, and the acid misses it's mark, landing on the floor nearby with a sizzle.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zane and Dragall show everyone Half-Orcs work very well together, chopping down the abnominable goblin with two fell swipes of their axes.
Scuttlebutt heals Zane and Midge misses with her spell.
After being chopped down by the half orc duo, the mutated goblin falls prone on the floor but it seems to be alive still.

Round 02 - Bold may post

Calephe -2hp
Zane -3hp
The Thundercloud
Scuttlebutt
Midge

Glorfan -28hp
Assistant

Dragall

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe seeing the larger goblin cut down goes after the smaller one. Both her kukri's slash out.

Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

1st Level Male Wayang Vigilante (Warlock) ¦ AC:17 TAC:13 FFAC:13 ¦ HP:9/9 ¦ F:+1 R:+4 W:+3 ¦ Init:+2 ¦ Perc: +3 (Darkvision) ¦ CMB: 0 CMD: 12 ¦ Move Speed: 20' ¦ Spells: 0:3 1: 2 1 ¦ DC: 1/1 L&S: 1/1 SS: 3/3 ¦ Endure Elem.

Somebody's got to guard the rear- yeah, that's the ticket. ;)

Following last behind all the of others into the large cavern proper, Minuro/Thundercloud calls out to the slaves (in the common /Taldan tongue), "We're the Real Pathfinder Society and we're here to rescue you- not like those lousy fakes thats been keeping all of you here, with their silly fur-wearing and weird looking goblin-things!"

Glancing down at the prone goblin Assistant (which would be really low to the ground compared to a Wayang... or even a Halfling or Gnome for that matter), Minuro/ Thundercloud readies himself so that if that Assistant still wishes to fight it out, the masked Wayang has got a Mystic Bolt just primed and ready to launch. Readying an action to attack Assistant if it tries to fight again.

As an afterthought, Minuro/Thundercloud adds in with, "...And if one of you just happens to be Skagni, Friend of the Pathfinders (the Real ones)... we got a chest with your name on it! It full of books for you to read! I don't think they're dirty books though."

Shadow Lodge

Calephe's blades find the goblin's flesh twice but it's not enough to kill it outright.
The Thundercloud waits to see how the events will develop.

With a shriek the goblin assistant lunges again at Calephe, while its master recovers part of its vitality...

Attack roll (assistant vs Calephe): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 -> Damage roll: 1d4 ⇒ 3

This time its swing proves far to wild to connect with Calephe's nible form.

Round 02 - Bold may post

Calephe -2hp
Zane -3hp
The Thundercloud
Scuttlebutt
Midge

Glorfan -27hp
Assistant -9hp

Dragall

Liberty's Edge

Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe sighs. "Not giving up then." She kukri's slash out again.

Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Kukri Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Wary of accidentally shooting her friends with sizzling acid, Midge steps forward, side to side with Dragall, and swings her morningstar at the deformed goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Confirming a Critical: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Extra Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 20/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall was all angry because the goblins kept the slaves. He is determined to end the big goblin with another blow.
Now you will be slave of my axe!
Dragall will do Coup de Grace on big guy

damage: 3d20 + 9 ⇒ (9, 2, 8) + 9 = 28

Dark Archive

Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Scuttlebutt ends his song while waiting pensively to what the goblins do next and if they harm his friends again. However, the effects of his inspiring music still continue on for a little while longer in everyone (they just can't get that song out of their head!).

Scuttlebutt delays and ends his bardic performance but Lingering Performance keeps the effects going this round and the next, +1 to the recent hits and damage rolls.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Calephe puts down the smaller goblin for good with 2 precise slashes while Midge uses acid to damage its prone leader but it is Dragall who puts an end to the hideous creature by beheading it. Even its powers are not enough at curing that kind of wound, it seems...

Out of combat

Despite their weakened condition the slaves roar in triumph as you defeat their tormentors. You quickly free them and learn they were taken in a raid lead by the Shadow Lodge members and their goblin allies a few weeks before. These men and women are all that's left of the once proud Blood Ram tribe from the Land of the Linnorm Kings. All but one of them at least. As you correctly guessed, famed historian Rognvald Skagni was also a slave here. Skagni is in bad shape—he has several broken bones in his fingers, which have turned purple and started to smell funny, and he’s delirious with hunger and thirst. Even so the historian seems happy when he learns you are Pathfinders sent to free him and he's moved to tears as Calephe presents him with his belongings:"I thought I would never see these again!" he murmurs.

The slaves and Skagni are clearly in no condition to travel, many of them clearly on the brink of starvation. You freed them but you'll need to discover more about the Shadow Lodge goals and you notice another door to the eastern side of the store room.

If you have questions for these people now is the time to ask

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge looks at the head of her filthy morningstar and frowns. "This looks way harder to clean than a dagger..." she remarks to herself.

Her disgust is soon transformed into pity as she looks around at the prisoners in the room.

"You poor people!" she exclaims. She hurries over to examines their bindings. Do we need a key to set them free?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 20/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall begins to release the slaves. We need to free these poor people!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Zane helps unchain the captives. As he releases the prisoners, he examines their wounds, and talks to them warmly, "Do not be alarmed. We are friends here to rescue you. Are you hurt? Let me see your wounds. What is your name?"

He is of course looking for Skagni.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Edited my message above, see there for developments

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge helps free the people, comforting them to the best of her ability, and helping them get their bearings. She passes around her water skin, for them to share.

"I'm sorry I don't gave more to offer." she apologizes.

"Are there any other prisoners further in?"

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"No. We are all that's left. I don't know what's behind that door. The only thing I know is one day one of the goblins entered there... and never came out. Glorfan and its minions seemed to fear whatever is hidden there. The Shadow Lodgers kept their distance too..." says one woman after drinking her share of Midge's water.

"I think... I think we should eat their provisions!" she exclaims as her clanmates start to open crates up and befin feeding on dried meat and other edible stuff...

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Zane is happy that Skagni is among the prisoners and lends the limited medical aid he can.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Then to his Pathfinder colleagues and the rescued prisoners, "We need to make sure all the Shadow Agents are dead. Please stay here, while we investigate this door. Do not worry, we will come back quickly."

He then moves over and readies his greataxe for the next room.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Celestial Sorcerer 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC 13 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 12 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 (+2 vs. enchantments and fear, +5 vs. cold weather) | Init +2 | Perc +3, SM +1, Bluff +4, Dip/Intim +4, Arcana +5, Spellcraft +6, UMD +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | Heavenly Fire: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Midge helps hand out the rations to the poor, malnourished people.

@GM: Freeing the prisoners fulfills one of Midge's faction goals. Not sure if I need to inform you of that. I can provide further details for you later in the discussion thread if necessary.

Once they're on their way to being fed, Midge moves to follow Zane into the next room. She grips her Morningstar tightly in her hands.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

During the time spent freeing the captives, Scuttlebutt takes the time to smooth out the resonant vibrations from his armor while updating Skagni of the recent events that occured in Trollheim after his abduction and the subsequent journey to Irresen.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Varisian) fighter (two-weapon fighter) 2 AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | hp 22/22 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear)

Calephe pulls out what rations she has and hands them out. "I'g glad to be rid of that box."

Calephe moves up to the door and listens carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 20/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Dragall stands behind Calephe ready to hit the first thing that comes behind the door.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Moved Zane closer to the door

"Let's do this", he growls.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 20/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Does anyone need to be healed before we enter this room?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human male Bard (Duettist) 4/Investigator (Questioner) 1 | HP 27 of 35 | AC 18 (haste) / T 13 (haste)/ F 15 | Fort +2 / Reflex +8 / Will +5 | CMB +3 / CMD 15 |

Scuttlebutt retrieves his dropped crossbow, checks that a bolt is loaded, heads by the door with his weapon in one hand and his healing wand in the other.

"Mr. Skagni, sir, please see to organizing the other captives while we investigate this next room. Hopefully we can find an egress to get you and the rest of the people out of here and out of town.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc Oracle/2 CN | HP: 20/20 | AC 15 /T 11/FF 14, CMD:14, Fort:+1, R+1, Will:+2, Init:+1, Percep:+4 |spells 1st 5/5

Now I remember that we did not check if there was anything useful in this room that could help us. Dragall returns to check the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Midge:
Remember to tell me when we finish this. I will put a note on your CS

Try as you might you can't hear anything beyond the metal door. As they see you prepare to move inside the former slaves warn you:"Be careful! The goblins were REALLY scared of that place... even Glorfan, although he boasted he was not we saw him stay the hell away from that door..."

I need to know everyone's hp and marching order before we move on

201 to 250 of 540 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]DM Elanmorin's Shades of Ice, part II: The Exiles of Winter - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.