[PFS]DM Elanmorin's #5-02 Wardstone Patrol

Game Master Rogar Valertis

All is NOT well in Mendev. The Worldwound is spewing demons out again and they are doing what they usually do: invading and eating people.
The Pathfinder's Society is committed to researching the past and uncovering long forgotten truths but when it comes to demonic invasions even Pathfinders sometimes have to take a stand...

Initiative:
[dice=Azrael]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Idril]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Rogar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Titus]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Valentynne]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Vrothum]1d20+5[/dice]

Perception:
[dice=Azrael]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Idril]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Rogar]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Titus]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Valentynne]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Vrothum ]1d20+6[/dice]

Maps

Handouts


1 to 50 of 487 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Mendev’s Pathfinder lodge in the capital city of Nerosyan is housed within Starrise Spire, a defensive tower in the outer wall whose pinnacle glows with celestial light that shines out like a beacon, simultaneously giving comfort to Nerosyan’s defenders and acting as a warning to any who might wish the city harm.
Venture-Captain Jorsal of Lauterbury calls a short meeting on a covered balcony overlooking the city. A middle-aged Mwangi man with greying hair, he closes the door to the spire’s interior and takes a seat in one of the set-up camp chairs, gesturing for his guests to do the same.
“We Pathfinders of Mendev,” he states, making a sweeping hand gesture that encompasses everyone present, “have our own agendas, but these must sometimes give way to the greater need: the protection of this land and its people from the horrors that dwell in the Worldwound. “We are here by the grace of her majesty, Queen Galfrey of Mendev. Without her support, we would surely be run out of town by Hulrun’s more fervent followers. Our agreement with her states that all Pathfinders are required to volunteer some of their time in the defense of the realm. As relative newcomers, I’ve recommended you to take part in a minor military mission under the command of a veteran crusader named Sir Ilivan of Erages. Although he is not a Pathfinder, you would be wise to follow his advice, as he has been fighting the Abyssal spawn longer than some of you have been alive. I expect you will give him the respect he deserves.”
Venture-Captain Jorsal stands and opens the heavy wooden door leading back into the lodge, revealing a tall half-elven man clad in heavy plate armor, wearing a red tabard typical of the Mendevian Crusaders, and carrying a cavalry helmet in his left hand. He gives a professional nod to Jorsal before striding to the front of the group, surveying everyone with poorly disguised disappointment.
“Pathfinders,” he barks in quick staccato without further preamble, “our mission is simple. The recent attacks on the wardstones have compromised our defenses, and the enemy presses its advantage. We have received word of attacks on Fort Portolmaeus to the north, but the crusader leadership suspects that other parts of the line may have been breached as well. We will proceed to Fort Portolmaeus tomorrow morning on horseback to assess the damage, using the passphrase ‘That the Black Prince might be redeemed’ to permit us entry. On the way there, we will scout for enemy movements and other signs of demon activity. Once we have completed our assessment, we are to return to Nerosyan and you will be relieved of your obligations to the Crown. Do you have any questions?”

Silver Crusade

| HP: 25/30 | AC: 29 (13 T, 28 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +4, Sense M: +2 | Speed 20 ft. (in armor) | Channel Negative 4/6 (DC 13, 1d6) | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee Heavy Shield Bash +4 (1d6+3/x2)
| Resist: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro -8 (-4 to jump), Climb +2, Diplo +5, Intimidate +7 (+9 circ vs. Evil creat.), Know(Religion) +7, Spellc +4, Swim +2

The chair creaks under Valentynne's weight as he shifts, a towering bearded red-headed man with a mark akin to a sword embedded in a mountain range appears as a scar on his right cheek, he is wearing a full-plate and has two, different sized, shields tied behind his back, if it weren't for his size he'd almost look like a dwarf.

"Our Lord in Iron commands for blood to be spilled. What sort of enemies are we expected to find while we defend the weak?"

@GM: Would Knowledge Religion be of any use during the briefing?I'll leave it here in case it's of any use.
Know. Religion take 10: 10 + 7 = 17

Val (for short) is basically a slow walking wall, but will try his best to defend his allies, he channels Negative Energy for 1d6 (DC 13), but I can currently only Select 3 allies to not be harmed, depending on where we stand on the map it may be rendered useless by the PFS PvP rules.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Magus 4 | Init +4 Perc +6 | AC 18 | FORT +5 REF +4 WILL +5 | CMD 15

A slender half-elf man with intense green eyes enters the room, hand resting on an ominous black hilt of a sheathed curved blade at his hip. He fiddles with something on the end of a necklace around his neck as he looks about the room. For the moment, he seems quieted but it is not difficult to tell a storm brews behind the appearance of calm.

Shadow Lodge

You may know something about the mendevian crusades...

DC10 Knowledge (History, Local, or Religion):
The Mendevian Crusades began almost a century ago when a rift to the Abyss opened in the barbarian kingdom of Sarkoris. The church of the goddess Iomedae called the First Crusade, and it was largely a success.

DC15 Knowledge (History, Local, or Religion):
The wardstones are magical menhirs of tremendous power first built during the Second Crusade. They project a powerful field capable of destroying all but the most powerful demons. Built near the banks of the West Sellen and Moutray Rivers, they stopped the expansion of the Worldwound until very recently.

DC20 Knowledge (History, Local, or Religion):
The wardstones recently failed, coinciding with a large attack on Nerosyan. No doubt the demons are at least indirectly responsible.

DC25 Knowledge (History, Local, or Religion):
Even though the demons of the Worldwound have no central leadership, their most powerful current warlords are the balor Khorramzadeh of Iz, also known as the Storm
King, and the marilith Aponavicius, who controls the former crusader city of Drezen far to the north.

... or maybe you've heard about Sir Ilivan past deeds...

DC10 Diplomacy or Knowledge (Local):
The half-elven soldier was a smuggler on Lake Encarthan before joining the Mendevian Crusades, a fact he is not ashamed to admit.

DC15 Diplomacy or Knowledge (Local):
Sir Ilivan rose from the ranks of the enlisted to become an officer and was knighted by Queen Galfrey.

DC20 Diplomacy or Knowledge (Local):
The knight hails from the half-elven settlement of Erages in Kyonin, where he had to endure prejudice and segregation throughout his youth. He later joined Kyonin’s military, but ultimately left his homeland after being discharged from this military for striking an elven officer.

DC25 Diplomacy or Knowledge (Local):
Sir Ilivan has become increasingly distant in the past few years due to the horrors endured by all soldiers who fight in the Mendevian Crusades. His most devastating experience involved killing a number of fellow soldiers while he was demonically possessed.

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

Standing in the back of the room is a tall broad shouldered humanoid. He has green skin, tattoos on his body and scars on his face. He is wearing full plate and has his helm under his arm. On his back is a over sized falcata.

"I will bring the Law of your land down on your enemies."

"What activity do we expect from them and why are we stopping to scout if your fort is in danger. Would it not be best to save the people of your land first?"

know religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Shadow Lodge

"Those are our orders, soldier. DO you mean to question them?" Ser Ilivan states coldly before continuing:"Our mission isn't meant to repell the whole of the enemy forces, you might think yourselves formidable but the enemy is as well, and its numbers alone would make it impossible for the 7 of us to crush it. For that to happen we'll need the full strength of Mendev and its allies behind us and gathering intelligence on the enemy movements and troops will make our counterattack way more effective. As for the kind of opponents we can expect... Since the last major attack, the demonic armies have retreated into the Worldwound’s interior. We will most likely face minor demons sent to test the current efficacy of the wardstones. Expect dretches, brimoraks, and possibly schirs".

"Cold iron is the bane of such abominations, I suggest you buy some weapons made of it if you haven't done that already" Ser Illivan adds "Also... it could be wise of you to aquire heavy clothes, suitable for the rigid climate we'll undoubtedly encounter during the mission. Lastly... the Crown grants each of you the use of a light, noncombat trained horse or pony, a saddle, bit and bridle, and saddlebags filled with two days of feed. Combat trained light and heavy horses and ponies are available for purchase, but cannot be given without payment".

Grand Lodge

M 37/37 HP, AC: 22, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 19, F: +7, R: +5, W: +3, Bloodrage: 7/12 Init +5, Pereption +6, CG Male Tiefling Bloodrager(Rageshaper)4, Bite +7, (1d6+4, x2) (Raging)Claws +9, (1d8+6, x2)

Calmly listening near the back you spot a very well built Tiefling, his skin is a blueish-black tint, in the right light you see a brown metallic sheen reflecting off his scaly skin. He wears a breast plate has a dagger on his leg, and if he smiles you notice large fangs. Well metpathfinders and Sir Ilivan, I am Vrothum I have recently finished from defending this land from an undead horse and returned a most holy relic back to the rightful owners. I’ll gladly join you on this journey, I have much to offer.

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

"I would never question my orders. I was mearly aquiring if the scouting portion of our mission was more important than the people being injured and killed. I know that the greater good sometimes requires that sacrifices be made, i am no stranger to that. I just didnt know if this was one of those times."

Grand Lodge

M 37/37 HP, AC: 22, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 19, F: +7, R: +5, W: +3, Bloodrage: 7/12 Init +5, Pereption +6, CG Male Tiefling Bloodrager(Rageshaper)4, Bite +7, (1d6+4, x2) (Raging)Claws +9, (1d8+6, x2)

Hahaha! I just saw my phone autocorrected to horse! That’s amazing!

Shadow Lodge

"Well, now you know then" Ser Illivan states coldly, before acknowledging Vrothum:"Well met. I'm sure there will be some demonic equine abomination for you to slay as well near the worldwound"

Shadow Lodge

If you have questions this is the time to ask them. Also, if you need to purchase something you can do it now as well

Shadow Lodge

So you don't want to ask more questions and don't need to buy anything?

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

i am good

Shadow Lodge

Your meeting with Ser Illivan ends you are left to prepare for the mission that waits for you on the outskirts of the Worldwound.
The morning after you rejoin the half-elf knight and move outside Mendev's capital. Ser Illivan explains how the patrol will take you along the River Road, a normally well-used thoroughfare that follows the eastern bank of the West Sellen River. It remains within sight of the river throughout most of the journey to Fort Portolmaeus, traveling inland for a few miles past the abandoned village of Bedis. Because of the recent increase in demon sightings, you and Sir Ilivan will probably be the only travelers along this route today...

After a couple of hours in the saddle, Sir Ilivan turns off of the River Road onto a small, overgrown path that cuts through drooping evergreens.
He informs you that there is a long-abandoned village ahead, and that the enemy has used it as a staging ground in the past. He dismounts and ties his mare to a tree, motioning for you to do the same...

DC12 Knowledge (History, Geography or Local):
Bedis was a small Mendevian fishing and farming village along the eastern bank of the West Sellen River, until the increase in demon attacks forced its inhabitants to relocate 40 years ago. The village has since been used as a rest stop where riders let their horses nibble on the apples and pears still found in its long-abandoned fruit orchards.

"We need to check Bedis out before we can continue with the patrol" he states curtly.

Silver Crusade

| HP: 25/30 | AC: 29 (13 T, 28 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +4, Sense M: +2 | Speed 20 ft. (in armor) | Channel Negative 4/6 (DC 13, 1d6) | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee Heavy Shield Bash +4 (1d6+3/x2)
| Resist: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro -8 (-4 to jump), Climb +2, Diplo +5, Intimidate +7 (+9 circ vs. Evil creat.), Know(Religion) +7, Spellc +4, Swim +2

Val will be buying a wand of Infernal Healing with 2PP

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"Sir Ilivan, I've just returned from a Keep close to Lake Encarthan and I'm glad to find myself fighting along such a formidable warrior, I hope we can send hosts of demons back to where they from!

"I might be in need of a heavier horse, I'll be sure to pay for it before we leave. Will the Crown still provide the saddle and feed?"

Runing Buylist:
Heavy Warhorse -300 GP

EDIT: Got ninja'd by GM
________________________________________
________________________________________

Valentynne ties his horse and starts following Sir Ilivan.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Magus 4 | Init +4 Perc +6 | AC 18 | FORT +5 REF +4 WILL +5 | CMD 15

Idril dismounts, hobbles his horse, and falls in line behind Sir Ilivan. The mage rests a cautious hand on the hilt of his sheathed curving blade and follows the crusader, eyes scanning his surroundings.

"What kind of force did the enemy garrison here?"

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

Rogar has none of the checks.

Rogar finishes tying up his horse and draws his weapon and prepares to move in with the group.

[ooc]no stealth here. If someone wants to stealth they can and Rogar will gladly stop, otherwise he just starts to walk on into he area

Silver Crusade

| HP: 25/30 | AC: 29 (13 T, 28 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +4, Sense M: +2 | Speed 20 ft. (in armor) | Channel Negative 4/6 (DC 13, 1d6) | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee Heavy Shield Bash +4 (1d6+3/x2)
| Resist: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro -8 (-4 to jump), Climb +2, Diplo +5, Intimidate +7 (+9 circ vs. Evil creat.), Know(Religion) +7, Spellc +4, Swim +2

Rogar, what's this stealth you're talking about? Valentynne clanks louder than a Pharasman bell on the Day of Bones.

Grand Lodge

M 37/37 HP, AC: 22, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 19, F: +7, R: +5, W: +3, Bloodrage: 7/12 Init +5, Pereption +6, CG Male Tiefling Bloodrager(Rageshaper)4, Bite +7, (1d6+4, x2) (Raging)Claws +9, (1d8+6, x2)

Vrothum ties up his horse to the best of his ability and makes sure its a good spot for it to feed, before dismounting and donning his armor.As you wish Sir, we aren't the quietest bunch hear, they'll hear us long before we see them. Do you have any idea on the casualties, or how significant the breach is? Says Vrothum as he flashes a grin at Val and Rogar. Then quickly shifts to his serious nature as he asks his question.

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

Thats the poing lol i clank really loud also lol i think most of the party does.. we are heard miles away lol sounding like a miniature army

Shadow Lodge

@Valentynne: Please post those purchase in discussion too so I can better remember about them lather

Valentynne:
"Yes, the Crown will cover those expenses as long as you pay for your war mount" the crusader states flatly

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We don't know if the enemy has taken Bedis or not. We'll scout the place to find that out" Sir Illivan answers Idril then he turns towards Vrothum:"The breach is significant, probably the worse since the second crusade, or the demons would not have been able to siege Nerosyan otherwise. Our casualities were also heavy, yet we still stand. And with luck, once our reinforcements arrive we will throw the demon scum back to the Abyss gain"

Sir Illivan then adds:"These fields were once watered via a system of sluices from a nearby brook, but over time the d@*&s and sluices failed, and the farmland long ago flooded completely. Be careful with the water. It can be treacherous, especially if you are wearing heavy armor..."

It takes you half an hour walking on the swampy terrain, but then you arrive in sight of the ruins of Bedis, standing on an hilltop nearby. To your surprise it's apparent the place is not abandoned as you spot a group of six Mendevian commoners assembled on a larger, open dry patch in the middle of the fields. Two lie on the ground in obvious pain, while the rest stand in a
circle, holding threshes, spades, pitchforks, and other farming implements. A small heap of bodies—dead by all appearances—lies near them.

DC28 Perception check:
Even by far away you recognize the signs: two of the standing villagers are worm-like vermlek demons inhabiting the bodies of the peasants![/b]

As you consider the peasants and wonder what could have brought them to this gods-forsaken place you notice another peasant climbing out of the pile of bodies you thought deceased at first. It's almost like he raised from the dead but it soon rejoins his companions.

DC18 Knowledge (planes):
That's obviously the effect of the inhabit body ability used on one of the deceased humans corpses. That's the handiwork of a vermlek and you know there's at least one demon down there...

How do you want to approach this?

GM stuff:
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

know plains: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Seeing one of the people come from of a pile of "dead" bodies, Rogar will use detect evil.

"Guys that body is possessed by a demon using an inhabit body ability that some demons use."

Grand Lodge

M 37/37 HP, AC: 22, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 19, F: +7, R: +5, W: +3, Bloodrage: 7/12 Init +5, Pereption +6, CG Male Tiefling Bloodrager(Rageshaper)4, Bite +7, (1d6+4, x2) (Raging)Claws +9, (1d8+6, x2)

Are all of them inhabited can you tell?
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +7 : Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield) hp 31 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear Fighter/3

Not saying to much, I study the group out in the field, I listen to others comments and not liking the scenario one bit.

After taking a few moments to study them, I then widen my gaze in a box pattern like search back to the village, looking for any details in the landscape.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Well, be it a demon, a criminal or whatever... Rogar since you know a bit about this, I assume you know if we posses the means to dispatch, drive off or kill such a thing. Incidentally, how do we avoid one of these things from taking control of us?

Staying in a bit of a crouch, I draw two arrows out, knocking one in my composite longbow, while having the second arrow inside of my left hand as I hold the bow ready to be drawn and fired.

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

"Oh I have the means. Shall we dispatch of them now or do you want to wait some more?"

Rogar draws his sword and prepares for the ok to charge

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Magus 4 | Init +4 Perc +6 | AC 18 | FORT +5 REF +4 WILL +5 | CMD 15

Idril's jaw twitches ever so slightly as Rogar mentions demons. His hand goes to the hilt of his sword and he draws the weapon slightly from its sheath. Idril looks to Sir Illivan for the word to attack.

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +7 : Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield) hp 31 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear Fighter/3

Waiting for the word, making my mark on a potential target, estimating the distance and then how I am gonna have to then get close and personal to despatch the foul creatures with sword and shield.

Sovereign Court

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"It's only a guess, but if we're close enough to see them, they are close enough to have heard us coming, be prepared for their nasty demonic surprises.

"Sir Ilidan, how should we proceed? I understand we are to follow your orders in this incursion."

Val tugs at some of his armor's straps to make sure it's not coming apart anytime soon.

Don't forget Val, you need to study how to destroy demons before coming back to Mendev.

Shadow Lodge

As you spy on the people standing in the fields below you you notice how two of them are standing and torturing another pair of them, kneeling in the dirt and crying in pain, while the others look at them without doing anything. Sir Ilivan seems unaffected by their plight though. He ponders on what Rogar revealed for a short time before shaking his head:"What you describe is the work of a Vermelek... nasty buggers. They kill good people then defile their corpses burrowing inside their remains. Yet... look at them! Even if some of those down there are still human, they are filthy things, more likely than not in league with the demons themselves. We should not concern ourselves with their fates. Let's leave this curesed place and get back to our horses. We've seen what we needed, no need to risk our lives on behalf of some peasants in league with the enemy. Let's go!"

The knight just ordered you to retreat and leave these people at the mercy of at least one demon. How do you react? Map updated. You can try to sway Sir Ilivan with diplomacy

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +7 : Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield) hp 31 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear Fighter/3

Not much of a "SIR" are ya? I glare at the knight. ya remind me of a certain tribune from Cheliax once, instead a knight of Mendev, the podex thought he was better than everyone....remind me to tell you how it worked out for him.

Drawing the bow and taking aim... Last time I checked we were to serve a higher cause, a better good for the rest of the world...I've been to war....seen my fare share of wholesale slaughter....but the day we think we start think we are better than those that we defend...as you claim they are so filthy...then we are no better than Cheliax and all that serve that dark haired which that sits on its throne by Aroden!

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

We have the tactical advantage and they can only come at us at one of three choke points...easily defended...unless they can't be killed by steel or iron..I sure as anything don't want death's on my hand that I know we can stop! Unless you are afraid ~"Sir"~

I will aim at clearly what I can best determine to me a demonic creature wondering if this cold iron stuff is all its cracked up to be and if the expense of cold iron arrows was worth it.

Silver Crusade

| HP: 25/30 | AC: 29 (13 T, 28 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +4, Sense M: +2 | Speed 20 ft. (in armor) | Channel Negative 4/6 (DC 13, 1d6) | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee Heavy Shield Bash +4 (1d6+3/x2)
| Resist: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro -8 (-4 to jump), Climb +2, Diplo +5, Intimidate +7 (+9 circ vs. Evil creat.), Know(Religion) +7, Spellc +4, Swim +2

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Talking in a soft tone, the armored wall says, "Sir Ilivan, Gorum would look down on me if I backed down from this fight, and I owe it to the Silver Crusade to protect the weak from the demons, even if they have been coerced into servitude by these foul beings.

"You seem to think these villagers lives are beneath you? But didn't you used to do a thing or two outside the protection of the law before joining the Queen's army? I say we give those demons some hell and show the surviving villagers that they don't need to ally with them for a better life."

@GM: I didn't notice that I didn't post in character last time, could you disable KhaozKnight as active Character? Or if you don't mind having it appear on the Characters tab, neither do I =)

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Magus 4 | Init +4 Perc +6 | AC 18 | FORT +5 REF +4 WILL +5 | CMD 15

Idril's eyes narrow and he nods at Valentynne's words. "Indeed, sir. Why not allow us to demonstrate our abilities? Would you not prefer to examine our capabilities now as opposed to a more dire situation?" Idril's grip on his blade tightens and he stares toward the demon intently. "Let us give that creature his due."

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Shadow Lodge

Seems like most of you want to try save them.

Sir Ilivan is taken aback by your refusal of following orders. For a moment he seems ready to attack you, then shakes his head:"I see you want to be heroes. Very well, do your thing then, but I won't be joining you. I've seen my fair share of heroes in this life. Most are dead. We have been given a mission and orders to follow, yet you would risk them for the sake of some peasants who could very well be cultists of some demon lord or another."

You can approach but Ilivan won't be helping you. The opposition seems distracted so you could gain some advantage by using stealth

Silver Crusade

| HP: 25/30 | AC: 29 (13 T, 28 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +4, Sense M: +2 | Speed 20 ft. (in armor) | Channel Negative 4/6 (DC 13, 1d6) | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee Heavy Shield Bash +4 (1d6+3/x2)
| Resist: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro -8 (-4 to jump), Climb +2, Diplo +5, Intimidate +7 (+9 circ vs. Evil creat.), Know(Religion) +7, Spellc +4, Swim +2

Stealth? What's that? XD on another note, is it safe to assume that Sir Ilivan is wearing a tabard with the symbol of Iomedae? Mendevian Crusaders and what not.

"If you don't feel the need to join us, I won't try and force you to uphold the values of the Inheritor, justice, valor and redemption, I think I remember those words from a paladin I once fought alongside. The very human looking aasimar turns his back to the the knight and towards his companions, how do we want to handle these demons? I'm slower than a pony stranded on a raging river, but my armor and shield are worthy of Gorum."

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +7 : Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield) hp 31 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear Fighter/3

Shaking my head as I select a target. seem the podex has quite the yellow streak of a craven...any objection to me taking the first shot....I figure it might draw the creatures to us and spare us a walk or a run..and give me time ta get my blade back out and shield up to do work in my area of expertise...

Grand Lodge

M 37/37 HP, AC: 22, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 19, F: +7, R: +5, W: +3, Bloodrage: 7/12 Init +5, Pereption +6, CG Male Tiefling Bloodrager(Rageshaper)4, Bite +7, (1d6+4, x2) (Raging)Claws +9, (1d8+6, x2)

Sir we can’t just let these people be ravaged by these beasts, we agreed to help you on this mission, and we shall.
Vrothum pulls out his Composite Bow and notches a cold iron arrow. Maybe catch them by surprise? Are we within 100 feet of these guys? If not Vrothum will sneak close enough for a shot.

If we fight:

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Bow Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

my post got eaten.. how deep ia the water?

we will definatly not leave these people behind.

Shadow Lodge

Waters:
The water varies in depth, from only 2 feet in shallower spots to 10 feet at the deepest. The shallower areas are considered difficult terrain for Small and Medium creatures; the deeper parts require successful Swim checks to cross them. On the map, dark water spots are deep water while clear water is considered shallow. Also map was created a couple of days ago and you can move yourselve on it

DM stuff:
DC 24 perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16
DC 24 perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7
DC 24 perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3
DC 24 perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6
DC 24 perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
DC 24 perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
DC 24 perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

As you decide how to approach the situation one of the peasants below points at you. Immediately after the 2 peasants that were torturing their compatriots move towards your position brandishing their scythes.

Initiative:
Idril: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Rogar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Titus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Valentynne: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Vrothum : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Peasants x2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Vermeleks x3: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Round 01 - Bold may act

Valentynne
Rogar

Peasant
Peasant

Vrothum
Idril
Titus

Vermelek
Vermelek
Vermelek

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +7 : Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield) hp 31 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear Fighter/3

mm lets see, which on should I shoot first.......

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

Stupid water...

Rogar huffs as he begins to approach the enemy

can i run straight across the rocks? If so how many acro checks do i need? If i can not then i will double move and end up 4 squares infront of Valentine.

Silver Crusade

| HP: 25/30 | AC: 29 (13 T, 28 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +4, Sense M: +2 | Speed 20 ft. (in armor) | Channel Negative 4/6 (DC 13, 1d6) | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee Heavy Shield Bash +4 (1d6+3/x2)
| Resist: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro -8 (-4 to jump), Climb +2, Diplo +5, Intimidate +7 (+9 circ vs. Evil creat.), Know(Religion) +7, Spellc +4, Swim +2

Valentynne starts walking towards the vermleks, slowly dragging his feet along the muddy terrain.

Double move, 8 squares, but only moved 6 because of difficult terrain.

"Let's see if these creatures can land a blow on Gorum's favored!"

Shadow Lodge

@Rogar:Yes, you can run across the rocks, but as Valentynne noticed there's a patch of water (difficult terrain) preventing you to do it at full speed

Eager to cross steel with the foul demons Rogar and Valentynne move towards them. The two peasants who were tormenting their brethen close in weaving their scythes, but it's clear they are crying and seem really scared as well:"We are sorry! We cannot resist their orders... WE ARE SORRY!"

The 3 other standing peasants for the moment stay back, their fat lips curled in the semblance of cruel smiles and sneers...

Round 01 - Bold may act

Valentynne
Rogar

Peasant
Peasant

Vrothum
Idril
Titus

Vermelek
Vermelek
Vermelek

Grand Lodge

M 37/37 HP, AC: 22, T: 12, FF: 18, CMD: 19, F: +7, R: +5, W: +3, Bloodrage: 7/12 Init +5, Pereption +6, CG Male Tiefling Bloodrager(Rageshaper)4, Bite +7, (1d6+4, x2) (Raging)Claws +9, (1d8+6, x2)

Vrothum will move close enough to get in range of one of the demons and hopefully wipe the smile off their face. Using my above post actions in the spoiler They shall pay dearly for this, it's just a game to them...
Bow Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 This is a cold iron arrow and I'm aiming for purple.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Magus 4 | Init +4 Perc +6 | AC 18 | FORT +5 REF +4 WILL +5 | CMD 15

Idril advances behind Vrothum, drawing his black blade from its sheath. He studies the enemy as he approaches.

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +7 : Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield) hp 31 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear Fighter/3

Arrow knocked, I aim and release the cold iron tipped arrow at the creature to the right of the one Vrothum fired at. green boxed one

Composite Long Bow(STR+3): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Composite Long Bow(STR+3) Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Shadow Lodge

Vrothum's Attack:
Attack roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22Damage roll: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Vrothum's arrow flies true hitting the purplish man in the shoulder.
Unfortunately Titus attempt to do the same falls short of his intended target.
Idril chooses to approach and draw his eldritch blade instead.

As one of their number gets wounded the 3 sneering peasants pull the 2 cowering ones from the ground, and put them before themselves as living meatshields of sorts!

Round 02 - Bold may act

Valentynne
Rogar

Peasant (red)
Peasant (black)

Vrothum
Idril
Titus

Vermelek (purple) -9hp
Vermelek (green)
Vermelek (yellow)

Silver Crusade

39/39 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 19, F: +9, R: +5, W: +7, Init +1, Pereption +5, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin4, +1Large Falcata: +6, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

do i get any questions for my knowplanes check. I personaly know things about them and i dont know if my character would know them

Silver Crusade

| HP: 25/30 | AC: 29 (13 T, 28 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +4, Sense M: +2 | Speed 20 ft. (in armor) | Channel Negative 4/6 (DC 13, 1d6) | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Melee Heavy Shield Bash +4 (1d6+3/x2)
| Resist: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro -8 (-4 to jump), Climb +2, Diplo +5, Intimidate +7 (+9 circ vs. Evil creat.), Know(Religion) +7, Spellc +4, Swim +2

@GM: I'm moving up to where I think my 8 squares will let me, but the half puddle, half solid ground one get me a bit confused, so pull me one back if I overstep (literally in this case).

As Val comes closer to the peasants, he speaks to them "If you can't control yourselves, try and aim for the shield! If you can get away from these demons, get behind us and we'll protect you!"

Shadow Lodge

@Rogar: Yes, go on, you've got 1 question you can ask about Vermeleks

@Valentynne: the puddles count as shallow water, which is difficult terrain, manage your movement accordingly when you cross them. The land is normal terrain though.

Valentynne advances while Rogar studies the enemy's positioning before moving into the fray directly.

The two peasants, appear to be completely terrified by the demons and advance on the lone crusader, screaming:"We can't oppose them! They will eat our souls unless we do as they order!!!" before attacking Valentynne with their scythes.

Attack roll (red vs Valentynne): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 -> Damage roll: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 = 7

Oh god...

Critical confirmation (red vs Valentynne): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 -> Damage roll: 6d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 1, 3, 3) + 4 = 17

Attack roll (black vs Valentynne): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 -> Damage roll: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 = 5

Despite (or perhaps because of) being in the grip of his terror induced frenzy one of the peasants manages to strike a lucky blow wounding Valentynne.

Rogar delays

Round 02 - Bold may act

Valentynne -7hp
Rogar

Peasant (red)
Peasant (black)

Vrothum
Idril
Titus

Vermelek (purple) -9hp
Vermelek (green)
Vermelek (yellow)

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +7 : Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield) hp 31 Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear Fighter/3

I take aim at the Vermelek with a arrow already in it, I aim fire...and then I head out behind my companion.

Comp LongBow attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Comp LongBow Damage (STR+3): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 cold iron arrow

Darn archery was not much my thing....sword and shield.... as I move and slog forward....not sure if a mithril blade do anything but I pull free

1 to 50 of 487 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]DM Elanmorin's #5-02 Wardstone Patrol All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.