[PFS]Curse of the Riven Sky (Inactive)

Game Master Matthais777

Maps here.


101 to 150 of 808 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

Oops, forgot to remove him sorry.

PATHFINDERS FIGHT! THE BOLD MAY ACT!

Bate -10
Lucija
Bauble
Proudefeets/Griff 0 / -29
Hammerhand
---------------
Green Ogre
---------------
Vermin/Sparky 0 / -13
---------------
Red Ogre [Grappled, Shaken 2] -25

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin pounces onto the remaining green ogre. Its not pretty.

Bite: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 202d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 6) + 8 = 18
Claw: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 231d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Claw: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 191d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Foreclaws: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 271d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Tallon: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 201d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Tallon: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 291d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Celestial Allosaurus:

Allosaurus, Raptor
Init +1; Senses low light vision; Perception +16, 18 on traps and secret doors (Bestial, Scavenger)
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 30, touch 12, flat-footed 27 (+10 armor,, +1 Dex, +10 natural, +1 Ring, -2 size )
hp 59 (8d8+16)
Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +11; +4 vs. spell-like and supernatural abilities of Fey and against effects that target plants
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee 2 claws +17(1d8+8), +17 Bite (2d6+8/10-20X2 + grab), +12 Foreclaws (1d4+5)
Space 15, Reach 15
Pounce, Rake 2 Talons +17(1d8+8)
Druid (Saurian Shaman) Spells Prepared (CL 8):
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 26, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 7
Base Atk +6; CMB +20; CMD 34

NOTE: Dex Based Skills are -2 due to size penalty to dec.


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

Green Ogre? What green ogre? There is a red splotch, but no green ogre. Not anymore.

The red ogre similarly is ripped to shreds by terrible tentacles.

PATHFINDERS WIN! VICTORY!

Leaving nothing but bodies, a broken cart, and a unconscious and VERY large wolf.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin moves to stand over the wolf hissing protectively and looking at the dwarf. If any giants or ogres got away Sparky pursues.

Just PR. Not upset at all. :)


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

Hey, it's a module, we have more room for roleplay and interesting stuff then a standard mission, so have fun with it.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/11| HP: 102/102 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F/R/W: +12/10/8 | Init: +11(7) | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+4, Escape Artist +14, Fly+11, Kn Arcana+11, Kn Dung+11, Kn Geog+11, Kn Planes+11, Perc+12, Ride+7, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+21, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: None

Bauble goes over and stands by Vermin in a show of solidarity. Then he turns to him and says.

"Wolf make good friend. Maybe Bauble ride wolf?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 10 HP (83/84)AC 33 (FF 30, T 16), Fort +12, Ref +8, Will +9, CMD 31 (41 vs. grapple, awesome blow), Per +14

"Can you afford to feed him?"

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

If you treat him as a friend and not property I will help you train him. Vermin offers. Agree?

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/11| HP: 102/102 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F/R/W: +12/10/8 | Init: +11(7) | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+4, Escape Artist +14, Fly+11, Kn Arcana+11, Kn Dung+11, Kn Geog+11, Kn Planes+11, Perc+12, Ride+7, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+21, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: None

Bauble says, "Yep. Bauble lordly lord of castle in River Kingdoms and can feed Wolfy. And when pathfinders kill, Wolfy can eat. Maybe eat ogre? Bauble like Wolfy, be very nice to Wolfy."

Bauble experimentally plops himself on the comatose wolf.

"Comfy!"

I can't see this working out, but a goblin's gotta try.


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

The wolf does not stir, still unconscious.

By Aresha if you guys pull this off I'm gonna die laughing!

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Halfling 10 (Paladin 6/Fighter 2/Monk 2) | HP 83/83 | AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (if Charge -2, if Smite +6) | CMB +11, CMD 23 (28 vs grapple) | F: +21 23 R: +16 19 (evasion) W: +15 17 | Init: +5 (always act in surprise round) | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft (Mounted Fly 40ft) | Active:Inspire, Haste, SSurge (3/4),L.Bubble(2hours), Shield(4/10), Veil of Pos Energy (30 min), See Invis (30 min), Barkskin (30 min), Heroism (30/50 min), Alch.Grease (4 hours) | Constant: +6 AuraofCourage 30'

Proudefeets first tends to the wounds of the griffon and his friends, channeling the power of Chaldira to heal them, standing off from the fallen wolf far enough to ensure that it is not also healed, at least not until its friendship is assured!

channel positive: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) = 14

and then drawing out a well-used wand to finish healing the griffon:

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Once everyone is fully healed, the halfling and the griffon turn their amused attention to Bauble's efforts to befriend Frakas. "My friend, I hope your affairs are in order in case the worst should come to pass. But we will be happy to help you. Let me give you a few tips about handling great beasts - though no doubt our friend Vermin knows more than I - as well as - if he should allow it - how you might hope to ride the Frakas."

Aid Another, Handle Animal: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Aid Another, Ride: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41


Large Male N Griffon | HP 76/76 | AC 30 T 13 FF 26 (if Charge -2) | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +16 18 R: +16 19 (evasion) W: +11 13 (+6 vs fear, +4 vs enchantments) | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft Fly 80ft (Average) Mounted Fly 40ft | Active conditions: Inspire, SSurge (3/4), Life Bubble (2 hours), Veil of Pos Energy (30 min), Barkskin (30 min), Heroism (30/50 min)

While this is all going on, the griffon looks through the remains of the giants and ogres to see if they have anything that might interest his distracted master.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/11| HP: 102/102 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F/R/W: +12/10/8 | Init: +11(7) | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+4, Escape Artist +14, Fly+11, Kn Arcana+11, Kn Dung+11, Kn Geog+11, Kn Planes+11, Perc+12, Ride+7, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+21, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: None

Bauble waits until everyone is either ready or safely at a distance, then taps the great beast with his wand of infernal healing and himself with his wand of shield when it looks like it is regaining consciousness.

At some point in this before we get to the next location, Bauble will prepare Keen Edge in his open spell slot.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Before any healing is applied the the great dire wolf Vermin drags the food he thinks will be the most appropriate for the animal and lays it out as an offering.

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Wild Empathy, shirt re-roll: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 3 = 22

Note that if this fails, there should be two other wolves we can try with as only one wolf died. grumble, grumble grumble

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Halfling 10 (Paladin 6/Fighter 2/Monk 2) | HP 83/83 | AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (if Charge -2, if Smite +6) | CMB +11, CMD 23 (28 vs grapple) | F: +21 23 R: +16 19 (evasion) W: +15 17 | Init: +5 (always act in surprise round) | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft (Mounted Fly 40ft) | Active:Inspire, Haste, SSurge (3/4),L.Bubble(2hours), Shield(4/10), Veil of Pos Energy (30 min), See Invis (30 min), Barkskin (30 min), Heroism (30/50 min), Alch.Grease (4 hours) | Constant: +6 AuraofCourage 30'

Mr. P makes popcorn and settles in to watch what is sure to be a good show.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 10 HP (83/84)AC 33 (FF 30, T 16), Fort +12, Ref +8, Will +9, CMD 31 (41 vs. grapple, awesome blow), Per +14

Jothas steps back from the entertainment. Well back.


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

The wolf remains unconscious. Perhaps negotiations would go better if it wasn't?

:P

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/11| HP: 102/102 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F/R/W: +12/10/8 | Init: +11(7) | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+4, Escape Artist +14, Fly+11, Kn Arcana+11, Kn Dung+11, Kn Geog+11, Kn Planes+11, Perc+12, Ride+7, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+21, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: None
Bauble wrote:
Bauble waits until everyone is either ready or safely at a distance, then taps the great beast with his wand of infernal healing and himself with his wand of shield when it looks like it is regaining consciousness. ...

That means Infernal Healing now and shield when the infernal healing causes it to start waking up.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin will ply it with his wand until it wakes but no more than that until he knows how the large pup will respond. but recall that healing heals both lethal and non-lethal at the same time -so double healing in effect. If still down...

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Who's a good boy?

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 10 | HP 94/94 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +9; R +6; W +4 | CMB+14; CMD 27 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +19 (1d8+10/x3) | Perc +12

Clandelve watches with disapproval as Vermin tries to revive the wolf.

"That's nae a guid idea," the dwarf says dourly. "An' fur th' record, defendin' myself against somethin' tryin' tae bite mah heed aff disnae make me a cold-blooded killer. Eh'd do th' same again if yer new friend isnae as friendly as ye think it will be."


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

Sorry Bauble, missed that. And the DC for the wild empathy check was..... 22! He is now indifferent.

The great wolf slowly stands and shakes it's huge muzzle a few times before seeing the food below him. He looks at Vermin and Bauble with confusion, but hey, food! He starts ravenously digging into said food, wolfing (Heh) down huge bites. The healing from Vermin closes some of it's uncomfortable wounds, and the great beast relaxes a little... but not entirely.

Gonna need some more wild empathy and handle animals here.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 10 HP (83/84)AC 33 (FF 30, T 16), Fort +12, Ref +8, Will +9, CMD 31 (41 vs. grapple, awesome blow), Per +14

handle animal assist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 nevermind

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Halfling 10 (Paladin 6/Fighter 2/Monk 2) | HP 83/83 | AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (if Charge -2, if Smite +6) | CMB +11, CMD 23 (28 vs grapple) | F: +21 23 R: +16 19 (evasion) W: +15 17 | Init: +5 (always act in surprise round) | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft (Mounted Fly 40ft) | Active:Inspire, Haste, SSurge (3/4),L.Bubble(2hours), Shield(4/10), Veil of Pos Energy (30 min), See Invis (30 min), Barkskin (30 min), Heroism (30/50 min), Alch.Grease (4 hours) | Constant: +6 AuraofCourage 30'

Proudefeets is thoroughly entertained by these goings-on and, Mr. P having no small amount of animal handling experience himself, decides to lend a hand.

Using some rations, he attempts to teach Frakas to "Sit!"

handle animal, adaptable luck: 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 3 = 26

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/11| HP: 102/102 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F/R/W: +12/10/8 | Init: +11(7) | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+4, Escape Artist +14, Fly+11, Kn Arcana+11, Kn Dung+11, Kn Geog+11, Kn Planes+11, Perc+12, Ride+7, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+21, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: None

Bauble had no handle animal skill, but he tries petting the nice wolfy, and throws it ogre parts and pieces.


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

Frakas looks at Mr. Proudfeet with annoyance... apparently, the noble creature is not about to be taught how to "Sit" in just one go. He does enjoy the ogre pieces Bauble feeds him though.

Okay, so studied up on how this works. With Vermin's Wild Empathy, you can have Frakas actively enjoying your company with 1 or 2 more checks from him. However, it takes a week to teach a animal a trick. You can however, use handle animal to "Push" an animal to preform a trick it hasn't learned yet with a high enough check. So, Mr. Proudefeets, in a week Frakas will know how to Sit on command if you keep it up.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Wild Empathy+Guidance: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25

To push things along, I think that a wild empathy that fails should not spoil the chances of eventually befriending the animal, unless its a bad failure. But with the time required to teach tricks I am not sure it matters in the timeframe of this adventure. So mostly this is just for fun. I am happy to say Vermin heals up and releases the other wolves and does whatever he can to discourage their future teaming up with giants. I will ask what you think of the Wartrain Mount spell, which a druid can cast, and which Vermin "might" cast for Bauble if he treats the wolf well.

Wild Empathy+Guidance for another attempt: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

With some more love and coaxing from Vermin, Frakas gives him a big lick, and is downright friendly. Though, have you ever been licked by a gigantic wolf? It is a LOT of tongue and a LOT of slobber.

The other wolves happily scatter at Vermin's persuasion, happy to get away from the giants, and Frakas.

That mount spell will do perfectly well for Bauble's purposes I think! Congratulations guys, you now have a Gigantic Advanced Dire Wolf. Have fun!

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Bauble, I present to you a new member of your family. Treat him well, and feed him better and he will become your companion. Tomorrow I will help you ride him and later you must find a worker or leather and commission a saddle.

Evidently his name is Frakas, but I am not sure we will ever know that. I guess Vermin could cast Speak with Animals in the morning to find out... Now, back to the regularly scheduled game that should be going on here. Thanks for the indulgence. :)

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Halfling 10 (Paladin 6/Fighter 2/Monk 2) | HP 83/83 | AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (if Charge -2, if Smite +6) | CMB +11, CMD 23 (28 vs grapple) | F: +21 23 R: +16 19 (evasion) W: +15 17 | Init: +5 (always act in surprise round) | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft (Mounted Fly 40ft) | Active:Inspire, Haste, SSurge (3/4),L.Bubble(2hours), Shield(4/10), Veil of Pos Energy (30 min), See Invis (30 min), Barkskin (30 min), Heroism (30/50 min), Alch.Grease (4 hours) | Constant: +6 AuraofCourage 30'

Hilarious. Do we feel confident enough in his allegiance to fully heal him up? He's probably still pretty far down in hp.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Would have been lots more practical to tame one of the smaller (only large) dire wolves, but a lot less fun too. :) Bauble now has a wolf that can trip a giant.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/11| HP: 102/102 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F/R/W: +12/10/8 | Init: +11(7) | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+4, Escape Artist +14, Fly+11, Kn Arcana+11, Kn Dung+11, Kn Geog+11, Kn Planes+11, Perc+12, Ride+7, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+21, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: None

Bauble looks for a way to stock up on ogre parts, but he has no bag or anything useful. Nor does he have tack other than what is attached to his phantom steed which cannot be removed. He will attempt to ride barebacked if allowed by Wolfie. Or he will just play with it if not allowed and feed it ogre parts until it is satisfied.

He is quite good to the wolf, provided the wolf is into eating ogres and being pet and called Wolfie.

Bauble will expend three charges total from his wand of infernal healing on it. Combined with Vermin's healing, that makes 45 HP regained.

I assume we continue on to the castle?


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

You can ride bareback, but will take penalties to your ride check.

Walking up the mountain path through the cloud is like entering the densest fog ever encountered. The cliché about being barely able to see our hand in front of your face is quite accurate here. Even two people ascending at the same time could only see each other if they huddled together. Still, the path itself, although little used, suggests a safe and relatively smooth passage.

After about a half hour of traveling through this blinding cloud, Standing at the pinnacle of the mountain, a truly remarkable sight rises overhead. A round castle of brass and glistening white stone floats amid and atop swirling clouds, rising like a massive pillar. Only a winding brass pathway, about 10 feet across, which starts at the mountaintop and swoops steadily upward, connects the castle with the ground.

The wolf looks at Bauble, and his intent is clear.

Yeah. Right.

He curls up at the edge of the path from the mountain, nibbling on a giant's thigh.

Frakas will await your return... you keep feeding him after all. But he's not about to try that path.

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/11| HP: 102/102 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F/R/W: +12/10/8 | Init: +11(7) | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+4, Escape Artist +14, Fly+11, Kn Arcana+11, Kn Dung+11, Kn Geog+11, Kn Planes+11, Perc+12, Ride+7, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+21, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: None

Bauble says goodbye to Wolfie and heads up the path. He did not memorize fly or he would be sorely tempted to soar up on wolf-back.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 10 HP (83/84)AC 33 (FF 30, T 16), Fort +12, Ref +8, Will +9, CMD 31 (41 vs. grapple, awesome blow), Per +14

"Hmm. Smart wolf. "

"That's not something you see every day, even in the Society. " and he starts trudging up the path, staying away from the edges.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Those giants were headed this way I believe. Have we already killed allies of the giant we must ask for help? Vermin ponders. Noting the width of the stairs and his wider girth he says I will cast Air walk on myself to go up. Were we to wait a day I could cast it communally.


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

As if in response, the entire castle let's out a soft "BOOM!" and seems to shake, some rocks falling to crash into the ground. The team's eyes are drawn the the bodies of several giants who now lie dead, some smoking as if burnt to a crisp.

Waiting around for a day may not be a good idea.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Hmm. Something up there is killing giants. An unsettling smile settles on the huge raptor's features. Lets go help. Can anyone fly up and scout?

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 11
Spoiler:
| AC 19, T 12, FF 18|HP: 72/72| F +4, R +4, W +5 (+7 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +8 CMD 19|10/10 Summon Monster V, 2/2 Maker's Call

Did that last ray of sickening even matter, or can I keep the spell slot?

Lucija, looking hardly phased by the otherwordly grandeur of the scene, looks down and sneers.

"What is the matter? Is a mere flight of stairs insufficiently mundane for you? Coward...."

With that, Naghamadi carries her silently forward.

Naghamadi's Stealth, guidance: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Path, not stairs. And I cannot tell who you are talking to Lucija.

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 11
Spoiler:
| AC 19, T 12, FF 18|HP: 72/72| F +4, R +4, W +5 (+7 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +8 CMD 19|10/10 Summon Monster V, 2/2 Maker's Call

Sounds a bit like a "stairway to heaven" either way.

She was talking to you, since you were last to speak. Lucija's a bombastic egomaniac whose power over the fabric of the planes themselves has gone directly to her head, you see (or is it that her transcendent egomania is what gives her power over the fabric of the planes in the first place...?).


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients
Lucija Lal Rani wrote:

Did that last ray of sickening even matter, or can I keep the spell slot?

Go ahead and keep the spell slot. Also, are you following the path or going straight up to the castle? The castle is about 150 feet in the air, but the path circumnavigates the whole place a couple of times to curl up to it. Painting picture example has been added to slide 4.

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 10 | HP 94/94 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +9; R +6; W +4 | CMB+14; CMD 27 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +19 (1d8+10/x3) | Perc +12

Clandelve mutters incessantly about the fog, the narrow paths, and the unwise decision to try to train a ferocious animal during this already-dangerous mission.

"Th' path soonds as good as any," the dwarf says.

Agree with Vermin to take the path.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Vermin has in no way acted a coward so I am not sure he even understands you referred to him. He simply does not fit on the ramp in his huge size and so will Air Walk. As stated he is quite excited about going up and killing giants. How is that cowardly? I just don't get your point.

Unsure who Lucija is talking to Vermin asks Are you going to fly that strange mount of yours up and scout what is going on, or do you wish us to advance without information? Vermin says as he casts his Airwalk spell and starts up into the air adjacent to the ramp. Sparky, large in size follows, taking up the entire cross section of the ramp. Almost as an afterthought Vermin recalls Frostbite with a pearl of power and recasts it on Sparky as they move up the ramp. They are about twice as fast as the people walking so should be no issue to buff as they move forward.

Spells Up:

Sparky: Greater Magic Fang +2 (9 hours) and Frostbite (allday)
Vermin: Extended Barkskin(180 minutes) and Airwalk (90 minutes)
Current Form: Planar Allosaurus, Raptor

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Halfling 10 (Paladin 6/Fighter 2/Monk 2) | HP 83/83 | AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (if Charge -2, if Smite +6) | CMB +11, CMD 23 (28 vs grapple) | F: +21 23 R: +16 19 (evasion) W: +15 17 | Init: +5 (always act in surprise round) | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft (Mounted Fly 40ft) | Active:Inspire, Haste, SSurge (3/4),L.Bubble(2hours), Shield(4/10), Veil of Pos Energy (30 min), See Invis (30 min), Barkskin (30 min), Heroism (30/50 min), Alch.Grease (4 hours) | Constant: +6 AuraofCourage 30'

Still chuckling about the befriending of Frakas, Proudefeets rides Griff, who can easily fly the entire way so they have no need of the stairs. However, not being the stealthy scout types, they simply accompany their fellow pathfinders, flying alongside them as they march up the path. When they near the top, Proudefeets will attempt to activate his wand of Heightened Awareness.

UMD DC 20, can retry until rolling a 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
UMD DC 20, can retry until rolling a 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
... and manages to activate it on his second try. 10 minutes duration


The Commencement Signs in Senghor Map Best Compliment Ever Recieved: TL;DR: /u/starson is Strahd. Words of Ancients

After traveling along, beside, or near the path for a minute or two, the team reaches about 80 feet up, the castle rumbles unexpectedly, and the whole path shakes under their feet!

Acrobatics 15DC for everyone walking on the path... but I assume the flyers will catch anyone who falls, so if you fail, simply include description for dramatic effect.

At 150 feet up, the team can see a hole has been punched in the side of the castle! Coming down the path from said hole is a giant in black leather armor haphazardly studded with bolts and bits of metal. His face is swollen and misshapen as if he has been battered and bruised regularly and often and his features have never truly had time to heal. Scars cover his face and bald head, and his narrow eyes glare darkly. His hands appear to be giant metal hammer heads and he clangs them together as he moves forward.

Gmscreen:

init, Sir Mr. Proudefeets: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
init without heightened awareness, Bauble: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
init, bate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
init, vermin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
init, Lucija: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
init, Hammerhand: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
init, Giant: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13 [/dice]

PATHFINDERS FIGHT! THE BOLD MAY ACT!

Bate
Lucija
Bauble
Proudefeets/Griff
Hammerhand

---------------
Black Hammer Giant
---------------
Vermin/Sparky

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Halfling 10 (Paladin 6/Fighter 2/Monk 2) | HP 83/83 | AC 23 T 14 FF 20 (if Charge -2, if Smite +6) | CMB +11, CMD 23 (28 vs grapple) | F: +21 23 R: +16 19 (evasion) W: +15 17 | Init: +5 (always act in surprise round) | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft (Mounted Fly 40ft) | Active:Inspire, Haste, SSurge (3/4),L.Bubble(2hours), Shield(4/10), Veil of Pos Energy (30 min), See Invis (30 min), Barkskin (30 min), Heroism (30/50 min), Alch.Grease (4 hours) | Constant: +6 AuraofCourage 30'

Is the Giant clearly approaching us with hostile intent? From your description I can't tell if he is attacking us or simply coming down the path the other way. Since we are coming on a diplomatic mission to the owner of this castle, I'm hesitant to attack if he's simply a guard on duty... If we are heading in to combat, Proudefeets will dismiss Heightened Awareness for an additional +4 to his initiative (not that it appears to matter).

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 10 HP (83/84)AC 33 (FF 30, T 16), Fort +12, Ref +8, Will +9, CMD 31 (41 vs. grapple, awesome blow), Per +14

acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9 and down he goes shaken off the path by the massive tremor.

assuming he is caught and placed back on the path

He will be up to within 15' of the giant and whip it good.

power attack, cornugon smash, lethal damage
to hit: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32 damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
intimidate: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

The Exchange

N/N Male Human Magus (Bladebound)/11| HP: 102/102 | AC/Tch/FF: 27/15/22 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F/R/W: +12/10/8 | Init: +11(7) | Speed 30 ft | Acrobatics+14, DDev+4, Escape Artist +14, Fly+11, Kn Arcana+11, Kn Dung+11, Kn Geog+11, Kn Planes+11, Perc+12, Ride+7, SoHand +11, Spellcraft+21, Stealth+14 | Active Conditions: None

Bauble follows along with the group but gets impatient about half way up. He then casts Invisibility on himself, then Monstrous Physique II and turns into an Thriae Seer and flies up.

"Race you!" comes the voice from nowhere.

Sczarni

Male Half Orc Druid (Saurian Shaman) 9
Stats:
HP: 26/75 ||AC: 24, touch: 14, flat-footed: 23 || Fort: +1, Ref: +8, Will: +11,+4 vs. spell-like and SN Fey abilities/effects that work on plants. Init: +3 Perception: +17/19 vs traps and secret doors

Acrobatics for Sparky: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Sparky is unshaken by the tremor and continues up the ramp, smelling at the path now and again as if tracking something.

When Jonas teeters on the path Vermin reaches his huge head over and grabs the man in his mouth in a quite gentle grab. Jonas is set back on the platform little worse off for the experience except the raptor slobber. There seems to be lots of raptor slobber. Big stringy lines of it. Gallons. Where does it all come from?

Bite and grab for a grapple: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34 Vermin has the ability to grapple without provoking through a boon though he does not actually have improved Grapple

Dark Archive

female Gnome Summoner 11
Spoiler:
| AC 19, T 12, FF 18|HP: 72/72| F +4, R +4, W +5 (+7 vs MA, +4 vs fear, +2 vs despair/confusion/insanity)|Init +1, Perc 0|CMB +8 CMD 19|10/10 Summon Monster V, 2/2 Maker's Call

Naghamadi floats a short distance alongside the walkway (double-move), and Lucija points a small, slender, yet somehow vicious finger, laden with baleful will, at the giant.

ray of sickening, DC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

101 to 150 of 808 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Riven Sky All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.