Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS/CtP] #6–16: Scions of the Sky Key, Part 3: The Golden Guardian

Game Master Carla the Profane

Maps and Handouts


201 to 250 of 335 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4

As investigators we must *nod*
Lynn finishes her little look around, "Such a sad thing for this place to have such a large area for healing. I wonder if they simply re-purposed it in a time of need?"
Lynn followed to the last room, "Last one over here, I wonder if those kobolds from earlier went deeper."

Liberty's Edge

HP 16/16 AC: 16 T: 11 FF CMD 15 FORT: +4 REF: +2 will +0 (+2 Mind Effect and Posion) Init +3 Perception +6 [Low Light Vision] NG Female Nagagi Blood Rager [Arcane] MW Naginata +5 [1d8+4/x4 ]

Come, let us explore. she says.

Silver Crusade

In this room, many bits and pieces of metal lie on stone shelves carved into the walls. Several ornaments made from animal bones hang from the ceiling. A crude, one-foot-tall statue of a horned and winged creature stands on a stone table set next to a wall.

Disable device and/or Knowledge (Nature) checks please!

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4

Nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Lynn peered into the room head first "Strange, some sort of craft room and.. what is that little statue?"

Liberty's Edge

HP 16/16 AC: 16 T: 11 FF CMD 15 FORT: +4 REF: +2 will +0 (+2 Mind Effect and Posion) Init +3 Perception +6 [Low Light Vision] NG Female Nagagi Blood Rager [Arcane] MW Naginata +5 [1d8+4/x4 ]

I am not sure what this statue might be, but from what I know about kobolds, they often lay traps for people in their lairs. This might be one. warns the blood rager.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | Saves: F: +4 R: +9 W: +3 | CMD: 19 | Init: +6 Percep: +7 SM: +4

Darius takes a quick look around. "Thanks for the warning Maanyatha. Let me see what I can do."

Darius tries his skill at disarming traps.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

The Exchange

F Kitsune Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 24/24 | AC:19 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:15 [+1*] | FF:14 | CMB:+2 [9 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+8 [+1*] | Will:+1 | Init:+5 | Perc:+4 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-10

Lilia was about to pull out her masterwork tools when Darius starts doing his thing. She quietly puts her tools away again.

Pretty sure he's got it.

Grand Lodge

male elf swashbuckler(inspired blade)1, AC 17, T14, FF 13, HP 10/10, Init +6, perception +10, lowlight, F +1, R +6, W +2

Well, the sooner we are done here, the better.

Silver Crusade

Darius examines all the parts lying around here and concludes that this is a trap crafting workshop of sorts. As soon as the area seems clear, you check the double doors to the north for traps (there aren't any) and you proceed to the last room.

A huge block of intricately sculpted stone dominates the center of this vast temple chamber. To the east, a flight of stairs leads up to a walkway, which connects to the stone block’s surface. Six pillars lie around the edges of the room, each decorated with carved patterns of scales and dragon heads. Several large paintings of dragons adorn the floor.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering or Engineering) DC 12 or a Perception DC 17:

Crumbling pillars:
The six pillars are badly corroded, any of the pillars can be collapsed (hardness 6, hp 20, Break DC 18) to deal 2d6 points of bludgeoning damage. The affected squares also turn into difficult terrain.

Walkway:
Moving faster than half speed along the uneven shaft of the massive stone hammer requires a DC 12 Acrobatics check. Any creature that fails the check by 5 or more falls 15 feet to the temple floor.

A group of kobolds is frantically praying to a massive golden statue as if they wanted it to wake up. The winged statue is standing atop a fifteen-foot-tall block of stone, its back against a wall decorated with many gold-leaf murals depicting historical scenes. Suddenly, the statue starts moving, flexing its wings, and roaring in a voice resembling a metallic hunting horn.

As soon as the kobolds notice you, they scream:

“There they are!”

The Golden Guardian roars in anger:

“You should not have come here!”

And starts moving menacingly toward you as the kobolds stare in awe.

Knowledge (Nature to identify)!

GM Rolls:

init, Lilia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
init, Sharimus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
init, Gunther: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
init, Lynn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
init, Maanyatha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
init, Darius: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
init, GG: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Sharimus
Gunther
Darius
Maanyatha
Lilia
Lynn
GG

[url=https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JbD_cJMqf10nGy5Fwse4rcEmd0DIJ6YMeYfqAwEip7Y/edit#slide=id.g1a270bee06_0_0[Map updated[/url]

Grand Lodge

Male elf swashbuckler(inspired blade)2, HP 18/18, F +1, R +7, W +2, AC 19, T 14, FF 15, Init +6, perception +11, lowlight

perc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Grand Lodge

male elf swashbuckler(inspired blade)1, AC 17, T14, FF 13, HP 10/10, Init +6, perception +10, lowlight, F +1, R +6, W +2

Sharimus points to the pillars and their weakness. He makes haste as he goes for the walkway.
double move towards the stairs...on phone...cant see part of map...

Silver Crusade

Map Updated (better for phone)

Silver Crusade

HP: 11/19 || AC: 15, T: 12, FF 13, CMD: 15 || F: +6 R: +4, W: +5 || Init +2, Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +7 || LG Male Shoanti Human Cleric/Ranger of Eristal 2 || Longspear +4, 1d8+3 (2d6+4) 20/x3, CMB +2 (+4)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Standing ready at the door, but not overly aggressive, Gunther will simply look on in wonder as the statue comes to life. "This must be the so-called "Golden Guardian".

Turning to address the creature, first in Celestial, the holy tongue, "We are not here to fight. Nor to rob you or your followers. We come seeking an ally, and his trail has led us here. We believe he was trying to find the lost history of the Dwarves that built this place, and we would like to find him safe, or to continue his work. Nothing more."

"We have spoken to the Grippli. They said they Dwarves had entrusted them with an ancient secret. A weapon. We have it here. Perhaps we could offer it in trade for what you might know of our friend? He may have had one of these," as he holds aloft his Wayfinder, and Gunther tries to give a what description he has of the lost Venture-Captain.

Enhanced Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Liberty's Edge

HP 16/16 AC: 16 T: 11 FF CMD 15 FORT: +4 REF: +2 will +0 (+2 Mind Effect and Posion) Init +3 Perception +6 [Low Light Vision] NG Female Nagagi Blood Rager [Arcane] MW Naginata +5 [1d8+4/x4 ]

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Sovereign Court

Male Human Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | Saves: F: +4 R: +9 W: +3 | CMD: 19 | Init: +6 Percep: +7 SM: +4

Darius looks over the room and enters, waiting anxiously to see if Gunther's words have any effect on the creature.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Silver Crusade

Gunther's words seem to fall on deaf ears, as the creature menacingly approaches still.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 24/24 | AC:19 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:15 [+1*] | FF:14 | CMB:+2 [9 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+8 [+1*] | Will:+1 | Init:+5 | Perc:+4 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-10

Diplomacy, aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Lilia moves into the room and retrieves the relic from it. she raises the relic high above her head and declares, "It is as my ally says! We come in peace, and this proves you got to listen to us!"

Lilia's eyes move up to the ceiling and she frowns, wondering how she could've phrased that more diplomatically.

Silver Crusade

HP: 11/19 || AC: 15, T: 12, FF 13, CMD: 15 || F: +6 R: +4, W: +5 || Init +2, Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +7 || LG Male Shoanti Human Cleric/Ranger of Eristal 2 || Longspear +4, 1d8+3 (2d6+4) 20/x3, CMB +2 (+4)

I shall repeat the above in the barbaric Common tongue, and then in Shoanti, though it is doubtful anyone else in this place has even heard of it, much less understands it.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
tracked:
Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4

Nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
diplomacy,aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Lynn tried to draw from her knowledge though she doubts anything could have helpped to prepare her for this.
"Please we spoke with some of your earlier, and it seemed like there was a real chance to just sit down and talk this out. We do not wish to fight you."

Silver Crusade

HP: 11/19 || AC: 15, T: 12, FF 13, CMD: 15 || F: +6 R: +4, W: +5 || Init +2, Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +7 || LG Male Shoanti Human Cleric/Ranger of Eristal 2 || Longspear +4, 1d8+3 (2d6+4) 20/x3, CMB +2 (+4)

Again speaking in the Common Tongue, a language that simply fails to grasp a true meaning and distinction in concepts and relies far to much on double meanings and innuendo, especially after so much Chelish influence has corrupted it even further, "I follow the hoofprints of the Stag Lord. Ol' Dead Eye. I know that the hardy folk paid him great respect for his insistence in actually doing work yourself and getting your hands dirty for the betterment of the community." as he displays his holy symbol for all to see.

After a short pause, "If you also hold those same values, we ask your help. We have a missing friend, and he is all we seek."

Liberty's Edge

HP 16/16 AC: 16 T: 11 FF CMD 15 FORT: +4 REF: +2 will +0 (+2 Mind Effect and Posion) Init +3 Perception +6 [Low Light Vision] NG Female Nagagi Blood Rager [Arcane] MW Naginata +5 [1d8+4/x4 ]

The bloodrager watches to see what is going to take place, hoping that they do not have to fight the kobolds.

Should I attempt to intimidate them? she whispers.

Silver Crusade

Ignoring the others, the creature suddenly stops when it sees the talisman Lilia presented. He gestures for the kobolds to calm down.

"Welcome, friends of Ashkurhall."

You are out of initiative

The kobolds, however, are enraged by the sudden turn of events, and shout accusations at you while firmly clasping their weapons. Their blind leader makes accusations in halting common, interspersed with other indignant claims, punctuated by the distressed chorus of his kobold followers.

You may respond to the following accussations using Diplomacy, Bluff or Intimidate. Only one person is allowed to respond to each accusation:


  • “What is this? You put a curse on our Golden God with
    that trinket!”

  • “The idiot human who collapsed the corridor was a
    friend of yours, wasn’t he?”

  • “You attacked kobolds a few weeks ago just outside
    these ruins, didn’t you?”

  • “How did you get past Stinkeye? Did you murder him?”

  • “You have been stealing our stuff!”

Shadow Lodge

|| CORE Rotating DM || ... || ... || Serpent's Skull ||
GM Carla wrote:
“What is this? You put a curse on our Golden God with that trinket!”

"I don't believe so. If we did, it was not our intent, and as I said, we are willing to offer it in trade for your help."

Enhanced Diplomacy: 10 + 5 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male elf swashbuckler(inspired blade)2, HP 18/18, F +1, R +7, W +2, AC 19, T 14, FF 15, Init +6, perception +11, lowlight

We did not kill your pet...we managed to get by him without hurting him.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Silver Crusade

DM Beckett wrote:
GM Carla wrote:
“What is this? You put a curse on our Golden God with that trinket!”
"I don't believe so. If we did, it was not our intent, and as I said, we are willing to offer it in trade for your help."

As common as it is, the Kobold's eyes start to shine with greed.

"Yes! You gives Trinkit to uss and we sshall let you live!"

A short pause follows, and then a Kobold yells:

Sharimus Dallanos wrote:
We did not kill your pet...we managed to get by him without hurting him.

"They let Stinky Eye live!! They must be dragonblood!"

Another one answers from the crows, yet more quiet:

"Lies! The softskins tell lies!"

Up: Lilia, Lynn, Maanyatha, Darius in no particular order

The Exchange

F Kitsune Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 24/24 | AC:19 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:15 [+1*] | FF:14 | CMB:+2 [9 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+8 [+1*] | Will:+1 | Init:+5 | Perc:+4 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-10
GM Carla wrote:
  • “You have been stealing our stuff!”[/list]
  • Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

    "We haven't stolen anything," Lilia comments.

    When another answers from the crowd she replies, "No, we didn't lie. We just wish to find our friend, that's all."

    Grand Lodge

    Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
    tracked:
    Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4

    I'll have a response in the morning folks on my phone right now and quite sleep deprived lol

    Grand Lodge

    Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
    tracked:
    Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4

    Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
    In response to the collapsed corridor.
    "The collapsing of your corridor was to happen inevitably, how are we to know for sure maybe the dwarves who built this place almost three Millenia ago knew that there would be kobolds nesting in their home and set it up to fail? Or it could simply be that the old ruins are finally succumbing to the wrath of nature."

    Edit:ooh that's a sub-par roll DX

    Liberty's Edge

    HP 16/16 AC: 16 T: 11 FF CMD 15 FORT: +4 REF: +2 will +0 (+2 Mind Effect and Posion) Init +3 Perception +6 [Low Light Vision] NG Female Nagagi Blood Rager [Arcane] MW Naginata +5 [1d8+4/x4 ]

    The nagaji responds to accusation that they have been killing kobolds.

    With a hiss in her voice she responds
    Despite your attacks on us and your unwillingness to parly, we have killed none of your kind.
    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Intimidate

    Sovereign Court

    Male Human Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | Saves: F: +4 R: +9 W: +3 | CMD: 19 | Init: +6 Percep: +7 SM: +4

    Darius looks around at his companions and listens as each on responds to a question. He wants a bit more to see how the kobolds react.

    We have responded to all of them, I think?

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Liberty's Edge

    HP 16/16 AC: 16 T: 11 FF CMD 15 FORT: +4 REF: +2 will +0 (+2 Mind Effect and Posion) Init +3 Perception +6 [Low Light Vision] NG Female Nagagi Blood Rager [Arcane] MW Naginata +5 [1d8+4/x4 ]

    I think so

    Silver Crusade

    Lilia Sori wrote:
    GM Carla wrote:
  • “You have been stealing our stuff!”
  • "We haven't stolen anything," Lilia comments.

    When another answers from the crowd she replies, "No, we didn't lie. We just wish to find our friend, that's all."

    The kobolds that were shouting before look at their brethren and shut up.

    Lynn Kuro wrote:


    In response to the collapsed corridor.
    "The collapsing of your corridor was to happen inevitably, how are we to know for sure maybe the dwarves who built this place almost three Millenia ago knew that there would be kobolds nesting in their home and set it up to fail? Or it could simply be that the old ruins are finally succumbing to the wrath of nature."

    Some of the kobolds look at eachother in surprise.

    "Softskins force of nature? All Hail Softskins! They have pleased our god!"

    You made the DC! ;)

    Maanyatha wrote:

    The nagaji responds to accusation that they have been killing kobolds.

    With a hiss in her voice she responds
    Despite your attacks on us and your unwillingness to parlay, we have killed none of your kind.

    If they had warm blood, their cheeks would have turned red as they nervously shuffle their feet while looking at the ground, not responding to Maanyatha's words.

    Then the Golden Guardian yells;

    "Enough! If they are what they say they are, then I shall put them to the test. You, Naktok and you, Nakpik, go fetch Stinkeye. We'll see if he is unharmed. The others check the traps. I want to speak to the pathfinders."

    After sending the kobolds away, he turns to you with a suspicious glare.

    "You said you were looking for a friend. But before I help you, prove to me that you are true allies of Ashkurhall! Identify the murals on the wall... The bearers of the dwarven talisman would know the meaning of the murals—unless bearers acquired the talisman through dishonest means!"

    He makes a waving gesture and you see the following scenes engraved on the walls:

    Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (religion) DC 15 wrote:

    This mural depicts a dwarf in a cave gazing up and shielding her eyes with a hand:
    The mural depicts the ancient dwarven migration to the surface known as the Quest for Sky.

    According to legend, Torag gave the dwarves a prophecy that prompted them to leave their original homes in the Darklands realm of Nar-Voth.

    Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (geography) DC 15 wrote:

    This mural depicts a fireball with long, trailing streaks descending from the sky:
    The mural depicts a historical event called the Rain of Stars. Before recorded history, a fireball fell from the heavens and crashed into the land now called Numeria. Modern scholars believe the fireball was a vessel of some sort.
    Knowledge (local) or Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC 15 wrote:

    This mural depicts two dwarves locked in battle. One of them has long, braided hair while the other is bald.:
    The bald dwarf in the mural is a duergar. According to legend, an outcast god turned their heads bald and their skin ashen gray. They are infamous slavers who believe that the surface dwarves are traitors of their race and that other creatures are fit only for service and torment.
    Appraise or Perception DC 15 wrote:

    This mural depicts four complex symbols arranged on the four points of a compass rose slanted slightly to the right.:
    The symbol set on the south point of the compass rose is a stylized version of the symbol engraved on the piece of metal that you found inside the dwarven talisman.
    Knowledge (geography) or Knowledge (nature) DC 15 wrote:

    This mural depicts rolling hills with dark gray, rocky soil, punctuated with veins of gold. A vine covered in lavender flowers crushes a giant lizard like a constricting serpent.:
    This mural depicts the westernmost part of the Bandu Hills.
    Knowledge (engineering) or Survival DC 15 wrote:

    This mural depicts a map with many rooms, some crude, others skillfully carved and rich in detail.:
    This mural depicts a stylized version of Ashkurhall, the dwarven settlement whose ruins you are currently exploring. The map quite accurately shows how the parts that were built later are architecturally more impressive.
    Heal or Sense Motive DC 15 wrote:

    This mural depicts a dwarf with his eyes cast to the ground and his hand held against his chest.:
    The dwarf looks worried and has lost much weight. It is likely that the dwarf depicted has a terminal disease.
    Knowledge (engineering) or Knowledge (nature) DC 15 wrote:

    This mural depicts a demonlike creature with horns and wings.:
    The creature is a monstrous humanoid called a gargoyle. Gargoyles are best known for their ability to freeze in
    place to look like a statue. They are also ageless beings, and over time, their appearance changes to match the surrounding architecture.
    Knowledge (geography) or Knowledge (local) DC 5(!) wrote:

    This mural depicts a humanoid with bulbous eyes and bowed legs.:
    The creature is a grippli, a member of the same race of
    humanoids from whom you gained the dwarven talisman.
    Knowledge (geography) or Knowledge (local) DC 15 wrote:

    This mural depicts a dwarf whose weapons and armor are made of wood and stone rather than metal. His skin bears numerous simple tattoos, and several bright feathers adorn his beard.:
    The dwarf in the mural is a Taralu. These jungle dwarves practice a version of ancestor worship alongside the worship of totems based on local creatures, particularly dragons and wyverns. These dwarves have a small but notable presence within the city of Kibwe.

    You may also use Bluff or Perform: Oratory to spin a tale, but doing so more than once increases the difficulty of the check by 5.

    Grand Lodge

    Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
    tracked:
    Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4

    Shoves a packet of dice down the air gun, "Lets do this!", Well the last three i got XD Dice overlords Why?
    History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Geography: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
    Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
    Geography: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Engineering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Engineering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
    Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
    Lynn would go about to the walls examining each mural carefully. She thought herself close to understanding many of them but not quite enough to make the exact story out. A Few she was able to decipher quite well though. The entire time she was furiously scrawling in her journal about this discovery she's certainly going to have to purchase another tome after this journey.

    She points out three in particular, "Well let's see, here we have a horned creature, I would immediately have guessed it was a dragon, however if you look at the humanoid and demonic visage It more closely resembles a Gargoyle." She casts an eye up to the Guardian, "I would ask if this was a depiction of yourself. Further on we see short large eyed creatures with legs similar to an animal or some might say frogs. These must be the Grippli that the dwarves gave the talisman, or at least their ancient ancestors."

    She focused on the last bit with the dwarf in armor for a while taking into account the delicate and somewhat faded patterns of the mural. "And this, must be one of those ancient dwarves, however this one is clad in wood and stone unlike others such as hill and mountain dwarves who were vastly more dependent on the metals of their territory. This as well as the body brands and the difference in facial adornment suggests that it is a different variety of dwarf. Perhaps a low hill dwarf.. no let's see.. here it says.. Taralu?"

    Lynn ponders on this for a few more moments, biting the end of her ink pen, before recalling something she read in one of the dusty books back at Fort Bandu "Ah yes, the Taralu are similar to hill dwarves however they inhabited the jungles and dense forests, it is said that they practice totemic worship to honor their ancestors as well as the world around them. They were not as widespread as the other kinds of dwarves but they still had a sizable presence in Kibwe I believe? I'm not sure if any of their descendants are still living though."

    Sovereign Court

    Male Human Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | Saves: F: +4 R: +9 W: +3 | CMD: 19 | Init: +6 Percep: +7 SM: +4

    Knowledge Local for #3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
    Perception for #4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

    Darius looks around a bit. He rubs his chin as he thinks on the few books and man rumors he's come across in his liftetime.

    He points at the picture of two dwarves fighting.

    "The bald dwarf in the mural is a duergar. According to legend, an outcast god turned their heads bald and their skin ashen gray. They are infamous slavers who believe that the surface dwarves are traitors of their race and that other creatures are fit only for service and torment."

    Next, a look of recognition crosses his face as he looks at the picture of four symbols. He says this mostly to his party, though he doesn't neccesarily whisper:

    "The symbol set on the south point of the compass rose looks like another version of the symbol engraved on the piece of metal that we found inside the talisman."

    He then turns to a third engraving, the one with the dwarf looking downward.

    "Thate dwarf looks worried and is much leaner than he should, as if he lost a lot of weight. It is likely that the dwarf has a terminal disease."

    Silver Crusade

    HP: 11/19 || AC: 15, T: 12, FF 13, CMD: 15 || F: +6 R: +4, W: +5 || Init +2, Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +7 || LG Male Shoanti Human Cleric/Ranger of Eristal 2 || Longspear +4, 1d8+3 (2d6+4) 20/x3, CMB +2 (+4)

    This mural depicts a dwarf in a cave gazing up and shielding her eyes with a hand (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    or
    This mural depicts a dwarf in a cave gazing up and shielding her eyes with a hand (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
    ---
    This mural depicts a fireball with long, trailing streaks descending from the sky (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
    ---
    This mural depicts four complex symbols arranged on the four points of a compass rose slanted slightly to the right (Appraise): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    or
    This mural depicts four complex symbols arranged on the four points of a compass rose slanted slightly to the right (Perception): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

    ---
    This mural depicts rolling hills with dark gray, rocky soil, punctuated with veins of gold. A vine covered in lavender flowers crushes a giant lizard like a constricting serpent (Nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
    ---
    This mural depicts a map with many rooms, some crude, others skillfully carved and rich in detail (Survival): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
    ---
    This mural depicts a dwarf with his eyes cast to the ground and his hand held against his chest (Heal): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
    or
    This mural depicts a dwarf with his eyes cast to the ground and his hand held against his chest (Sense Motive): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    ---
    This mural depicts a demonlike creature with horns and wings (Nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
    ---
    This mural depicts a humanoid with bulbous eyes and bowed legs (Geography Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
    or
    This mural depicts a humanoid with bulbous eyes and bowed legs (Local Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

    "This first one is the most sacred of Ashkurhall. It shows a prophecy direct from Torag, instructing the dwarves to seek the world above. It refers to what we call the "Quest for Sky".

    Moving on to another that the others have yet to cover, "and here, we have a representation of Ashkurhall itself, from before it fell into disuse. It acts as a 'istory of the site, showing what has been added since tha original construction."

    I made a few more, but it looks like they have been covered already.

    Silver Crusade

    The Golden Guardian nods approvingly.

    “You truly are the worthy bearers of the talisman, so I shall tell you a story that Sigrin of Ashkurhall, the founder of this place, once told me.

    “Long ago, when Sigrin’s father ruled as king, the dwarves rose from the depths and built a citadel so mighty that even a titan would gaze upon it in awe. Centuries later, a shower of stars rained upon a land not far from the dwarven hold. The dwarves marched to investigate. They found many wonderful things, the greatest of which was the mysterious artifact they named the Sky Key.

    “But dark times soon followed, for their cousins from the underworld fell upon the dwarven citadel. Caught unprepared, the dwarves knew they could not hold off against the siege. The king ordered all but his most trusted guards to leave, and stayed behind to buy his people timed to escape. Before Sigrin and her three siblings left to lead the dwarves to safety, the king gave each of them a piece of the Sky Key, and kept one for himself.

    The dwarves traveled far and wide, but the dangerous journey across the unknown land caused rifts in their clan. One by one, the king’s children went their separate ways, each taking a piece of the key and a part of the clan. Sigrin’s dwarves made their way to this continent, and though they found it quite inhospitable, they pressed on. After much searching, they found gold and started building this place. Their prosperity grew with each passing decade.”

    Grinning, the Guardian continues,

    “That’s when I entered the picture. We didn’t get along at first, but I came to realize they were decent people, who appreciated stone and gold as much as I did. “Their luck did not last, however. A sickness came over the dwarves, and the survivors were too few in number to continue their lineage. Rather than slowly die out here, they chose to leave. However, they wanted someone to watch over this place. They chose me. Sigrin went to her grippli allies and gave them her piece of the key. Where the dwarves were going, they
    couldn’t hold onto their memories and traditions. I think Sigrin made up a monstrous story about me—I probably deserved it,”

    the Guardian says with a grin,

    “but the story was to protect this place and the piece of the key.”

    The Guardian stares at the last mural for a long time.

    “The dwarves left to join their cousins who lived in the jungle to the
    east. They never came back.”

    Just as you finish speaking with the Golden Guardian, the group of kobolds returns, screaming:

    “More intruders! They attacksed us! Grab you weapons while Stinkeye holds them at bay”

    You're under attack! You have one round to prepare for the incoming assault. Your endeavors have earned you a whopping (Near maximum) 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 12 Defense Points, buying you considerable time!

    GM Rolls, LOL@Lilia&Lynn:

    init, Lilia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    init, Sharimus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
    init, Gunther: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
    init, Lynn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    init, Maanyatha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
    init, ???#1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
    init, ???#2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
    init, ???#3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
    init, ???#4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
    init, Lilia2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
    init, Lynn2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
    init, Lilia3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    init, Lynn3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
    init, Darius: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

    After one round, the initiative order is as follows:

    ???#3
    Lynn
    Lilia
    ???#4
    Sharimus
    ???#2
    Gunther
    Darius
    Maanyatha
    ???#1

    What do you do? =D

    Silver Crusade

    HP: 11/19 || AC: 15, T: 12, FF 13, CMD: 15 || F: +6 R: +4, W: +5 || Init +2, Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +7 || LG Male Shoanti Human Cleric/Ranger of Eristal 2 || Longspear +4, 1d8+3 (2d6+4) 20/x3, CMB +2 (+4)

    Suddenly growing massively size, Gunther levels his spear as he steps to the door, etching a line in the stone while growling <in Shoanti> "Stattu fyrir aftan mig, og fá einhver sem gerir það í gegnum!", then growling a curse and repeating his words in the Taldan tongue that others can understand. It's less natural for him, but needs be "Stand behind me, and get anyone that makes it through."

    AoO's against any obvious enemies that cross my line:

    AoO 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
    Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 = 14
    -
    AoO 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
    tracked:
    Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4

    Lol those ties are just hilarious

    Lynn would pull her weapon free looking back to the guardian, "It is probably the Aspis, they've been right behind us up until recently and must have finally caught up thinking we once again did all the heavy lifting. They will stop at nothing to exploit this area and it's resources instead of trying to work with you and your followers."

    She squared up and looked to Gunther, "May you stand strong against our foes like a stone wall!"

    DM are they attacking this room or are they out in the entrance still cause the map has things all over the place lol

    Silver Crusade

    You don't know, but you hear the sound of battle further down the hallway.

    Grand Lodge

    Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
    tracked:
    Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4

    I still think everything on the map got slid over cause pretty much everyone in our group is in the wall lol

    The Exchange

    F Kitsune Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 24/24 | AC:19 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:15 [+1*] | FF:14 | CMB:+2 [9 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+8 [+1*] | Will:+1 | Init:+5 | Perc:+4 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-10

    Lol, those initiative rolls!

    Lilia safely stows the talisman in her handy haversack, and quickly draws both of her cold iron short swords.

    I moved all of us to positions outside the wall.

    Liberty's Edge

    HP 16/16 AC: 16 T: 11 FF CMD 15 FORT: +4 REF: +2 will +0 (+2 Mind Effect and Posion) Init +3 Perception +6 [Low Light Vision] NG Female Nagagi Blood Rager [Arcane] MW Naginata +5 [1d8+4/x4 ]

    We should be off to see what is afoot here at the battle that rages says the nagaji

    The Exchange

    F Kitsune Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 24/24 | AC:19 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:15 [+1*] | FF:14 | CMB:+2 [9 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+8 [+1*] | Will:+1 | Init:+5 | Perc:+4 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed:30) PFS#: 115025-10

    "I'm ready for it!" Lilia declares.

    Silver Crusade

    Sharimus, Darius?

    Grand Lodge

    Male elf swashbuckler(inspired blade)2, HP 18/18, F +1, R +7, W +2, AC 19, T 14, FF 15, Init +6, perception +11, lowlight

    [ooc]dang i posted....must have been eaten by the sute again [/b]

    Sharimus heads out with Lillia and readies his blade. He adjusts his now in case it is needed as well.

    Sovereign Court

    Male Human Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T 16 FF 16 | Saves: F: +4 R: +9 W: +3 | CMD: 19 | Init: +6 Percep: +7 SM: +4

    Darius moves to the foot of the stairs, opposite the enlarged Gunther. He draws both blades, waiting to see who or what comes through the door...

    Silver Crusade

    HP: 11/19 || AC: 15, T: 12, FF 13, CMD: 15 || F: +6 R: +4, W: +5 || Init +2, Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +7 || LG Male Shoanti Human Cleric/Ranger of Eristal 2 || Longspear +4, 1d8+3 (2d6+4) 20/x3, CMB +2 (+4)

    As Darius moves up, Gunther mutters, "Eviscerate anything that moves that isn't me."

    Liberty's Edge

    HP 16/16 AC: 16 T: 11 FF CMD 15 FORT: +4 REF: +2 will +0 (+2 Mind Effect and Posion) Init +3 Perception +6 [Low Light Vision] NG Female Nagagi Blood Rager [Arcane] MW Naginata +5 [1d8+4/x4 ]

    The bloodrager readies her naginata.

    Liberty's Edge

    HP 16/16 AC: 16 T: 11 FF CMD 15 FORT: +4 REF: +2 will +0 (+2 Mind Effect and Posion) Init +3 Perception +6 [Low Light Vision] NG Female Nagagi Blood Rager [Arcane] MW Naginata +5 [1d8+4/x4 ]

    Checking in, I hope everyone is okay

    Grand Lodge

    Female Kitsune Bard 3 [ HP 20/20 (0 LN) | AC 15, Tch 13, FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +4 | CMD 13 | Init +5 | Perc +6 | Effects: none ]
    tracked:
    Inspire courage 9/9, Dancing lights 3/3 1st4/4

    I should have I ternet set up by tonight but I need a screwdriver for my tv, which I use for my comp screen, so once I get that set up tomorrow ill have a legit post out sorry if it is holding anyone up, if it becomes a problem feel free to ghost Lynn into a support role for a while

    201 to 250 of 335 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS / CtP] #6–16: Scions of the Sky Key, Part 3: The Golden Guardian All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.