Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

[PFS CORE] GM Mjolbeard's "Between the Lines" (7-01)

Game Master Mjolbeard89

On the Table


1 to 50 of 110 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Between the Lines | Between the Lines (CORE)

Each of you receives a carefully rolled papyrus scroll, held in place by a thin red cord. Finding the scroll to be innocent enough, you untie the cord and find the following missive contained within:

Pathfinder,
An artifact lost out of the distant past has been found again, but not by our own agents. Luckily, the artifact is still within our grasp, but I find myself in need of skilled agents to carry out the transaction to obtain it on my behalf. After communicating with the venture-officers at your local lodges, I believe your skills will suffice.
Make your way to the Farseer Tower Lodge in Katapesh, where I will brief you and the other agents I've summoned further. Do not delay. This is a rare opportunity for the Society to unlock a great many mysteries of the past. I will expect you at Farseer Tower in one week's time.
- Wulessa Yuul
Venture-Captain, Farseer Tower Lodge

Please dot in and tell us of your travels.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Barbarian 1 | 18/18 (20*) HP | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +1 | AC 14 (12*) T 11 (9) FF 13 (11*) | CMB +5 (+7*) CMD 16 (FF 15) | F +4 (+6*) R +1 W +2 (+4*) | Rage* 6/6

Draga reads the papyrus, and smiles, thinking that this lodge is only a very short walk away.
Going by her home to collect her backpack, which is always ready, Draga bids her family good-bye and heads down to the bustling canyon-like harbor of her "Glorious Golden Katheer", the capital city of Qadira.
Finding passage on a trader-ship sailing to the "Golden City", Draga is happy to see Stonespine Island on the way.
Arriving in Katapesh, she makes her way through the organized chaos, asking her way until reaching the Farseer Tower Lodge.
"Venture Captain Wulessa Yuul, please? Pathfinder Draga of the Silver Crusade".

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer 2 (CORE) [HP:14][AC:12(16)/touch:12/flat-footed:10(14)]{int: 4][perception:+0 ][bab:1; CMB:1;CMD 13(11)][fort:2/reflex:2/will:3]

A 6'2, 200# ulfen man walks in the room wearing a traveler's outfit and carrying a staff..
"Greetings to all! I am called Hannar the Wild, and I am here as requested for this....ummm...quest?"

The Exchange

Skills:
Appraise +9,K.Arcana+10/His/Loc/Nob +9, Prof. Merchant +5, Spellcraft +9
F Human PFS #186188-7 (Core) Conjurer 2
Stats:
│HP: 16/16│ AC 11 │ T11│ FF10│ F2│R1│W3│Init 3│Perception +0│CMB -1│CMD10│

"Well, it's about time I've been given another mission." Helane says to herself as she reads the scroll. "I'm sure any numer of connections can be made for the family business in Katapesh."

One of the Tes family servants begins making the necessary travel arrangements while Helane plans her wardrobe over the coming weeks, making sure to wear clothing practical but still befitting of her station.

She arrives at the Farseer Tower a day early, and enjoys a little rest before finally making her way to find Venture-Captain Tuul.

"Well, I've arrived as requested. I trust you have something interesting for us to become embroiled in, yes?" She asks haughtily as she awaits the official briefing.

The Exchange

Fighter 1 / Rogue 1 | HP:16/16 | AC:17 {14T/13 FF} | F: +2/ R: +6/ W: +0 | Init +6 | Perception: +5 (+6 for traps)

Quietly padding into the room, a short tian woman in red and black leather glides gracefully into her seat. Her almond eyes sparkle as she takes everyone in. "I am Gōsutoha, but you may call me Wraith." An equally exotic weapon hangs comfortably on her back. Careful eyes see a lotus etched into the hilt.

The Exchange

Gnome Sorcerer 3 (CORE) | HP 23/23 | AC 17* | T 13 | FF 15* | CMD 11 | F +4 | R +4 | W +3 | +2 vs. illusions | Resist: Acid 10 | Init +4 | Perc +1 (low-light) | Sense Motive -1 | Elemental Ray 7/7 | Spells: Level 1: 5/6 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Mage Armor(*)

A gnome with quite a mustache hangs about. His attire is eccentric but not out of taste, especially as gnomish attire goes. He carries numerous scrolls on his person, as well as a backpack to store his other belongings. He twirls his mustache some before speaking in a colorful tone. "Never been to a desert location before. Quite a busy city I see! Maybe I can set up my modest store here after we're done with the mission."

He goes back to twirling his mustache. "Dale, by the way."

Dark Archive

LN Male human wizard 1/fighter 1 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 22/22 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +2 | Init +0 | Percep +0 | CMD 15 | Bonded Spell 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice 5/5 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none

A heavily armored young man with hints of gray in his goatee unloads a large sword and flail at the door, then carefully, and noisily, lowers himself into a chair. "I assume we'll all be working together for this mission?"

Noticing Helane's spell component pouch on her hips, Dwozer retrieves his own spellbook and asks, "Are you also versed in the arcane arts? Perhaps we could study each others' spells?"

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Barbarian 1 | 18/18 (20*) HP | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +1 | AC 14 (12*) T 11 (9) FF 13 (11*) | CMB +5 (+7*) CMD 16 (FF 15) | F +4 (+6*) R +1 W +2 (+4*) | Rage* 6/6

"Anyone know this Wulessa Yuul? Or what this all might be about?", Draga asks.


Between the Lines | Between the Lines (CORE)

Just as Draga asks about Wulessa Yuul, an attendant enters the foyer where you have assembled and leads you to the Venture-Captain's chambers. It is a hot, breezeless evening in Katapesh. Here, in a meeting room atop Farseer Tower, the curtains hang listlessly even with the windows thrown open. Unfortunately, the only thing hotter than the air is Venture-Captain Wulessa Yuul’s ire.

“Why must I share Katapesh with so-called equals who are incompetent?” She huffs between gritted teeth, pacing back and forth before calming herself. “My pardon, and please be seated. Let me explain. Some months ago, the crypt of Zahari Mahiman—a scholar and sage from the Age of Enthronement—was rediscovered out in the wastes. I, personally, have long sought one artifact reputedly interred with him: the Monadistic Archive, a collection of scrolls from the Jistkan Imperium. Unfortunately,” she grits her teeth, “It fell under the purview of the Kotargo Lodge to arrange an expedition. Venture-Captain Dulm took his time getting things underway, in spite of my own requests for urgency and offers of assistance. As a result, by the time his agents got there, the place had already been looted.

“Phlegos Dulm’s complacency aside, not all is bleak. The adventurers who looted the crypt were not scholars; they were simply looking to exploit the wonders of the past. The Monadistic Archive, in particular, was sold to Palhuna Murqual, a merchant here in Katapesh. I believe he bought the archive assuming it was merely a magical storage device, not an esoteric repository of lore indecipherable by him. He has shown interest in selling—at a profit, of course—and I need you to make the purchase. I have an Abadaran promissory note that should cover the price, but he is crafty and may bargain for more. I want the archive, whatever it costs. I can’t pay more gold than I already have offered, but if you can find other means of appeasing Murqual, I encourage you to do so.”

If anyone has questions for the Venture-Captain, please ask them now. You can also attempt the following knowledge checks.

The Monadistic Archive is an obscure artifact, but some of you may have heard of it.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 20+:
The Monadistic Archive is said to be a Jistkan collection of knowledge.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 25+:
Supposedly it does not merely document lore from that era, but actually binds the minds of great thinkers into a mental compendium.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 30+:
Like many Jistkan magical items, it is said to have an outsider bound to it as well, overseeing the minds within.

Palhuna Murqual has a reputation that some of you might be aware of.

Knowledge (local) DC 15+:
Palhuna Murqual is known as one of the preeminent vendors of magical and mundane devices created for the specific purpose of restraining and storing living (or
unliving) beings.

Knowledge (local) DC 20+:
Rumor has it that he has a side trade in smuggling kidnapped victims within his wares. Troubles with that business recently cost him some of his more experienced servants, and he is said to be looking for agents to ‘get a few things done’.

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer 2 (CORE) [HP:14][AC:12(16)/touch:12/flat-footed:10(14)]{int: 4][perception:+0 ][bab:1; CMB:1;CMD 13(11)][fort:2/reflex:2/will:3]

knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Sorry, no help from me. (DC30+ for 2L character? really?)

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Barbarian 1 | 18/18 (20*) HP | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +1 | AC 14 (12*) T 11 (9) FF 13 (11*) | CMB +5 (+7*) CMD 16 (FF 15) | F +4 (+6*) R +1 W +2 (+4*) | Rage* 6/6

Draga nods: "Who is this man, a scoundrel or an honest merchant? And how much is he needed in the future? I ask this to know if bopping him on the head is a valid "other means of appeasing Murqual" or not?"

If several have Knowl' Arcana the group can always have most roll Aid Another if more than 1 can help

The Exchange

Gnome Sorcerer 3 (CORE) | HP 23/23 | AC 17* | T 13 | FF 15* | CMD 11 | F +4 | R +4 | W +3 | +2 vs. illusions | Resist: Acid 10 | Init +4 | Perc +1 (low-light) | Sense Motive -1 | Elemental Ray 7/7 | Spells: Level 1: 5/6 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Mage Armor(*)

No questions from Dale.

The Exchange

Fighter 1 / Rogue 1 | HP:16/16 | AC:17 {14T/13 FF} | F: +2/ R: +6/ W: +0 | Init +6 | Perception: +5 (+6 for traps)

Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"I hear he is an aficionado when it comes to restraining humanoids, even the dead. He may have bought the artifact wrongfully thinking he could use it to store people."

The Exchange

Skills:
Appraise +9,K.Arcana+10/His/Loc/Nob +9, Prof. Merchant +5, Spellcraft +9
F Human PFS #186188-7 (Core) Conjurer 2
Stats:
│HP: 16/16│ AC 11 │ T11│ FF10│ F2│R1│W3│Init 3│Perception +0│CMB -1│CMD10│

"Share spells? Of course, we must make every effort to keep fellow mages prepared and knowledgeable." Helane replies to Dowzer as they head toward Wulessa's office.

K. Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
K. Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29Too bad this wasn't the arcana check

"My arcane studies have not had any mention of the Mondastic Archives unfortunately, but the family business has enlightened me on fellows such as Palhuna Murqual. Wraith is correct, he is known as one of the preeminent vendors of magical and mundane devices created for restraining and storing living (or unliving) beings." Her sneer is obviously practiced but the tone of her voice suggests her contempt is genuine.

"Rumor has it that he has a side trade in smuggling kidnapped victims within his wares. Troubles with that business recently cost him some of his more experienced servants, and he is said to be looking for agents to ‘get a few things done’. I sincerely hope he doesn't turn his eye on us, do we need to protect ourselves from Murqual?" She asks the Captian, an eyebrow raised.

Dark Archive

LN Male human wizard 1/fighter 1 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 22/22 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +2 | Init +0 | Percep +0 | CMD 15 | Bonded Spell 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice 5/5 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none

@Helane: Check the spoiler on my profile.

"I've heard of this Monadistic Archive before, but know little other than its Jistkan origin."

As the meeting winds down, Dwozer hands his spellbook to Helane, "Here, take a look."

Crunch:
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Barbarian 1 | 18/18 (20*) HP | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +1 | AC 14 (12*) T 11 (9) FF 13 (11*) | CMB +5 (+7*) CMD 16 (FF 15) | F +4 (+6*) R +1 W +2 (+4*) | Rage* 6/6

To her comrades, Draga asks: "So, the question is: can this Monadistic Archive restrain or store living beings? For that is what this man would be interested in".
Turning to Wulessa Yuul again: "Captain, how far can "other means of appeasing Murqual" go? Is it important to retain amicable relations with him... or not?".

Dark Archive

LN Male human wizard 1/fighter 1 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 22/22 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +2 | Init +0 | Percep +0 | CMD 15 | Bonded Spell 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice 5/5 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none

Dwozer answers Draga, "Perhaps we could look for a local historian who might know enough about the Archive to jog my memory."

Do we have time to pay an NPC for help? Basically, buying a one time masterwork tool to get me up to 26 and open the next spoiler. If yes, how much would it cost?


Between the Lines | Between the Lines (CORE)
Draga wrote:

To her comrades, Draga asks: "So, the question is: can this Monadistic Archive restrain or store living beings? For that is what this man would be interested in".

Turning to Wulessa Yuul again: "Captain, how far can "other means of appeasing Murqual" go? Is it important to retain amicable relations with him... or not?".

Wulessa sighs and raises a hand to her forehead, "So I see that the reputation we Pathfinders have earned is still not entirely false: quick to the blade when wits run short. Yes, we should maintain a healthy relationship with Murqual. He is a merchant, a sly one to be sure, but not deserving of death. I also would advise against attempting to steal from the man. The repercussions for theft from a merchant in Katapesh are truly severe.” She strides across the room to a small table bearing the promissory note she had mentioned and offers it to Helane.

“Murqual is the sort who can see the value in a team of Pathfinders," the venture-captain gives Helane a significant look, as if encouraging her to understand her meaning. "That’s one reason I am sending you. After Dulm’s gaff, I also recognize that I am too incensed to deal with Murqual in person.”

She hands off the papers to Helane, then steps back and addresses the entire group once again, "As for the Archive, Dwozer is correct. “It is a chest of Jistkan origins containing numerous magical scrolls. I believe they are currently inactive, but I know a ritual to access their secrets. In fact, I might need your assistance with that later. Until then, it’s best not to open it. Now, if you have any further questions, please ask. Otherwise, I believe you will find Murqual in his shop.”

@Hannar: Yeah, it's a crazy high DC! As I said above, though, it's an obscure artifact, beyond what you might typically have studied as a relatively fresh Pathfinder. Wulessa, on the other hand, has been researching and seeking out the Archives for a long time, so she knows a bit more, which she will be glad to share with you all...later.

Dark Archive

LN Male human wizard 1/fighter 1 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 22/22 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +2 | Init +0 | Percep +0 | CMD 15 | Bonded Spell 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice 5/5 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none

@GM: Did you see my earlier question? "Do we have time to pay an NPC for help? Basically, buying a one time masterwork tool to get me up to 26 and open the next spoiler. If yes, how much would it cost?"

The Exchange

Skills:
Appraise +9,K.Arcana+10/His/Loc/Nob +9, Prof. Merchant +5, Spellcraft +9
F Human PFS #186188-7 (Core) Conjurer 2
Stats:
│HP: 16/16│ AC 11 │ T11│ FF10│ F2│R1│W3│Init 3│Perception +0│CMB -1│CMD10│

Flipping through Dwozers spellbook Helane nods. My spells are on the 3rd page of the mythweavers character sheet in my profile.

"Yes, a few of these seem useful to me. Though I doubt our companions will wait for us to study, brutes and mages without finesse as far as I can tell, perhaps we'll make our trade later." She hands the man back his book and looks to the captain frowning.

"So, since you did not answer my question, should I assume you trust Murqual not to assault us?" She frowns and crosses her arms. "In any case I suppose we should be off then, you seem awfully keen to be rid of our company, is everyone ready?" She moves to exit the room, not bothering to see if anyone else is actually following.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Barbarian 1 | 18/18 (20*) HP | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +1 | AC 14 (12*) T 11 (9) FF 13 (11*) | CMB +5 (+7*) CMD 16 (FF 15) | F +4 (+6*) R +1 W +2 (+4*) | Rage* 6/6

"Well, off to meet this merchant, then...", says Draga, looking at her companions, waiting for them to be ready to go.

The Exchange

Gnome Sorcerer 3 (CORE) | HP 23/23 | AC 17* | T 13 | FF 15* | CMD 11 | F +4 | R +4 | W +3 | +2 vs. illusions | Resist: Acid 10 | Init +4 | Perc +1 (low-light) | Sense Motive -1 | Elemental Ray 7/7 | Spells: Level 1: 5/6 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Mage Armor(*)

"Talking to a merchant... they can be a sleazy bunch but in the end they just want to make business." Dale chuckles to himself as the he had already mentioned himself as a merchant.

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer 2 (CORE) [HP:14][AC:12(16)/touch:12/flat-footed:10(14)]{int: 4][perception:+0 ][bab:1; CMB:1;CMD 13(11)][fort:2/reflex:2/will:3]

Hannar quietly follows Helane's lead


Between the Lines | Between the Lines (CORE)

First off, sorry for the radio silence, team! Turned into a bit of a hectic week. Will do my best to keep up moving forward.
Secondly, @Dwozer, instead of you paying an NPC and figuring out the timing and all that, we'll just say your teammates aided your check. So Hannar and Helane each give you a +2. Go ahead and check out the DC25+ spoiler.

Venture-captain Yuul turns to Helane, "Apologies Miss Tes. I did not mean to ignore your questions. I am simply distracted by how close I am...that is, we are, to recovering the Archive and learning its secrets!

"You have nothing to fear from Murqual. He is sly in his dealings, but he prefers to contract others into his service if there is a chance of getting his hands dirty. More than likely, he may ask you for a favor or two. Harmless enough, yes?"

You guys ready to move, or are there any more questions?

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Barbarian 1 | 18/18 (20*) HP | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +1 | AC 14 (12*) T 11 (9) FF 13 (11*) | CMB +5 (+7*) CMD 16 (FF 15) | F +4 (+6*) R +1 W +2 (+4*) | Rage* 6/6

Sighing, Draga thinks that she never talked about murdering the man, just bopping him on the head to get the point across, but is ready to move on and go check this merchant out.

The Exchange

Fighter 1 / Rogue 1 | HP:16/16 | AC:17 {14T/13 FF} | F: +2/ R: +6/ W: +0 | Init +6 | Perception: +5 (+6 for traps)

"Sounds like it's time to get to work!"

The Exchange

Gnome Sorcerer 3 (CORE) | HP 23/23 | AC 17* | T 13 | FF 15* | CMD 11 | F +4 | R +4 | W +3 | +2 vs. illusions | Resist: Acid 10 | Init +4 | Perc +1 (low-light) | Sense Motive -1 | Elemental Ray 7/7 | Spells: Level 1: 5/6 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Mage Armor(*)

"I suppose we're ready. As a merchant myself, I'm not used to asking favors... usually it's just monetary..." Dale is skeptical of what these favors might be.

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer 2 (CORE) [HP:14][AC:12(16)/touch:12/flat-footed:10(14)]{int: 4][perception:+0 ][bab:1; CMB:1;CMD 13(11)][fort:2/reflex:2/will:3]

Are there any precautions we need to take in this region? ie: hot weather gear, endure elements, etc.?

Dark Archive

LN Male human wizard 1/fighter 1 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 22/22 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +2 | Init +0 | Percep +0 | CMD 15 | Bonded Spell 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice 5/5 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none

Ready to move forward.

"You know, I do remember a little more now. There are rumors that the Archive stores knowledge by actually trapping within its pages the minds of great thinkers.

"So I can think of two ways this might go disastrously bad for us. The obvious one is getting trapped ourselves, but what if those thinkers manage to escape? We don't want to be caught between some really angry, smart escapees and their freedom."

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Barbarian 1 | 18/18 (20*) HP | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +1 | AC 14 (12*) T 11 (9) FF 13 (11*) | CMB +5 (+7*) CMD 16 (FF 15) | F +4 (+6*) R +1 W +2 (+4*) | Rage* 6/6

A great thinker I am not, "but it could be dangerous if people escape from that, yes".

The Exchange

Skills:
Appraise +9,K.Arcana+10/His/Loc/Nob +9, Prof. Merchant +5, Spellcraft +9
F Human PFS #186188-7 (Core) Conjurer 2
Stats:
│HP: 16/16│ AC 11 │ T11│ FF10│ F2│R1│W3│Init 3│Perception +0│CMB -1│CMD10│

"Trapping minds? What an awful thing." Helane says with a frown. "Thank you for the belated answer Captain, it is reassuring at least to know our bodies will not be assaulted, though it seems our minds may need shielding."

She considers Dwozers information as they head to the merchant's shop.

Also good to go.


Between the Lines | Between the Lines (CORE)

"Indeed there is a certain level of risk in dealing with the Archive, but sometimes that is the cost of discovery. We must all be willing to take risks as we live out the Pathfinder creed to Cooperate, Explore, and Report!" Something in the way she proclaimed the Society's core tenants while bustling you out the door tells you that it is indeed time to move on, and so you head out of Farseer Tower into the streets of Katapesh.

Finding Murqual’s shop is easy enough. A few discreet inquiries lead through the Lower City to a wooden door crowned by a plaque that reads

“Palhuna Murqual, Vendor of Fetters, Bindings, and Cages Mundane and Mystic.”

His establishment defies the stereotype for a shop in the infamous Nightstalls. It boasts a permanent location, instead of one that could be broken down and moved with ease. It is quite lavishly appointed, rather than being a shadowy, smoky hovel, and the air smells of vanilla and cardamom rather than incense. Inside, deep carpeting covers the floor. Chains and shackles, ranging in size from mist-thin links to cuffs that would hold a titan, hang along one wall. Another wall holds an array of mirrors—some reflecting the room and some showing the insides of a bare cell. Lanterns and cages hang from ceiling rafters, and glass cases hold etched gemstones and glass bottles. A central space is cleared of wares, instead sporting several plush seats arranged around a silver samovar.

An obese man swaddled in silks occupies a sofa before the samovar. Standing to his left is a slim, younger man holding a ledger. The fat man makes a series of complicated hand gestures to the standing man, who, after a moment, bows to you and speaks. “My esteemed master, Palhuna Murqual, bids you welcome. Please, be seated. Business should be conducted comfortably.”

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Barbarian 1 | 18/18 (20*) HP | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +1 | AC 14 (12*) T 11 (9) FF 13 (11*) | CMB +5 (+7*) CMD 16 (FF 15) | F +4 (+6*) R +1 W +2 (+4*) | Rage* 6/6

Draga remains standing, respectfully, towards the back, after having bowed her head: [b]"Greetings Master Murqual"[b].
She observes what is going on, and the room around her.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The Exchange

Fighter 1 / Rogue 1 | HP:16/16 | AC:17 {14T/13 FF} | F: +2/ R: +6/ W: +0 | Init +6 | Perception: +5 (+6 for traps)

Wrath bows deeply to both men. "Please translate to your master that it is an honor to meet such a highly respected merchant. I am Gõsutoha, from The Pathfinder Society. My friends and I look forward to negotiating a mutually acceptable deal."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 +1 if they can be attracted to me.

The Exchange

Gnome Sorcerer 3 (CORE) | HP 23/23 | AC 17* | T 13 | FF 15* | CMD 11 | F +4 | R +4 | W +3 | +2 vs. illusions | Resist: Acid 10 | Init +4 | Perc +1 (low-light) | Sense Motive -1 | Elemental Ray 7/7 | Spells: Level 1: 5/6 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Mage Armor(*)

Dale has a seat and waits for the negotiation.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male human (ulfen) sorcerer 2 (CORE) [HP:14][AC:12(16)/touch:12/flat-footed:10(14)]{int: 4][perception:+0 ][bab:1; CMB:1;CMD 13(11)][fort:2/reflex:2/will:3]

Hannar bows deeply and sits down. "Your master has quite the shop here. Far superior than others in decoration and set-up."

diplomacy(untrained; assist): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Well that didn't come out well.

Dark Archive

LN Male human wizard 1/fighter 1 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 22/22 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +2 | Init +0 | Percep +0 | CMD 15 | Bonded Spell 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice 5/5 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none

"Mutually beneficial, my ass! We're going to try and take advantage of him, just like he is us. May the best man, win."

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 ⇒ 19


Between the Lines | Between the Lines (CORE)

The large man seated upon the cushions signs something to his attendant, who provides the translation once again, "My master thanks you for your kind words, but, as he is a busy man, asks for your offer." As he awaits your offer, the fat man sips from his cup of mint tea and occasionally pops grapes or figs into his mouth.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Barbarian 1 | 18/18 (20*) HP | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +1 | AC 14 (12*) T 11 (9) FF 13 (11*) | CMB +5 (+7*) CMD 16 (FF 15) | F +4 (+6*) R +1 W +2 (+4*) | Rage* 6/6

Draga thinks that she can offer the cutting edge of a sword, but just smiles, letting the talkers, well... talk.
Just in case all flowery words my be needed, she does bow her head to the replete man stuffing his face: "We hope you find our offer as warm as fine tea and juicy as fresh grapes, oh wise and shrewd one".

Diplo' Aid Another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

The Exchange

Gnome Sorcerer 3 (CORE) | HP 23/23 | AC 17* | T 13 | FF 15* | CMD 11 | F +4 | R +4 | W +3 | +2 vs. illusions | Resist: Acid 10 | Init +4 | Perc +1 (low-light) | Sense Motive -1 | Elemental Ray 7/7 | Spells: Level 1: 5/6 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Mage Armor(*)

Dale wants to know what the expectation is before offering a lower one. It's better to know an expectation to work upon before shattering it with a lowball offer.
"Well, it sounds like you know what we want. We want the Monadistic Archive. Perhaps we can convince your master to tell us what he has in mind for us in exchange for the Archive and we can negotiate from there?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Between the Lines | Between the Lines (CORE)

Again, the rotund man motions to the interpreter, who conveys the message. ”My master and your venture-captain have had some discussion of what is hoped for, going over the potential cost of such a valuable item. She stated that she would send agents with the amount of her offer. Did you bring the venture-captain’s offer with you? If not, the master has received offers from other parties.” The interpreter breaks off to observe the hand signals his master is giving, then turns back to you, ”My master will not name names, but one such interested party has offers nearly 20,000 gold pieces for the Archive. Does your venture-captain’s offer exceed that value?”

Draga and Wrath, please give me a sense motive check.

The Exchange

Fighter 1 / Rogue 1 | HP:16/16 | AC:17 {14T/13 FF} | F: +2/ R: +6/ W: +0 | Init +6 | Perception: +5 (+6 for traps)

Twenty Thousand??!!

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer 2 (CORE) [HP:14][AC:12(16)/touch:12/flat-footed:10(14)]{int: 4][perception:+0 ][bab:1; CMB:1;CMD 13(11)][fort:2/reflex:2/will:3]

Reading back, I can't see any mention of the actual amount of the monetary note we were given, nor did I notice anyone asking. Is it possible for an amount so we can use this information to assist with this negotiation?

The Exchange

Skills:
Appraise +9,K.Arcana+10/His/Loc/Nob +9, Prof. Merchant +5, Spellcraft +9
F Human PFS #186188-7 (Core) Conjurer 2
Stats:
│HP: 16/16│ AC 11 │ T11│ FF10│ F2│R1│W3│Init 3│Perception +0│CMB -1│CMD10│

Sorry for the long silence, was away this weekend but forgot to pack my cell phone and couldn't post.

Prf Merchant (If applicable): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"Unless I am mistaken, Murqual, you have a reputation as a man who knows a good deal when he sees one. And any good merchant knows that opportunity can sometimes be more important than immediate profit."

She crosses her arms and looks down her nose at the man.

"We carry an Andoran Promissory Note, for the price you have agreed upon with our Venture-Captain. Not only does this insure you the gold, but a continued relationship with the Society as well, which is sure to bring more profit."

"What else could you possibly desire beyond a mutually beneficial relationship and continued income?"

The Exchange

Gnome Sorcerer 3 (CORE) | HP 23/23 | AC 17* | T 13 | FF 15* | CMD 11 | F +4 | R +4 | W +3 | +2 vs. illusions | Resist: Acid 10 | Init +4 | Perc +1 (low-light) | Sense Motive -1 | Elemental Ray 7/7 | Spells: Level 1: 5/6 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: Mage Armor(*)

"Yes, some things are worth more than profit, my friend. A mutual relationship with the Pathfinder Society often proves more than its worth in gold."

Profession (Merchant) (Aid Another): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Between the Lines | Between the Lines (CORE)

Sorry, forgot to mention the amount on that thing! On the way over, you could read the promissory note just to get a better idea of what you had available to offer. The note is worth 10,000 gp.

Murqual sits up in his seat and motions excitedly to his servant, "Done! Your Venture-Captain’s note for 10,000 gold, plus services rendered by yourselves. My master is very pleased to hear that your venture-captain also would like to continue in their friendship.”

Wrath:
You realize that the gold, while certainly valuable to the merchant, is only part of what Murqual was after. He was really looking for you to sweeten the pot by offering to do him a few favors.

Dark Archive

LN Male human wizard 1/fighter 1 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 22/22 | Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +2 | Init +0 | Percep +0 | CMD 15 | Bonded Spell 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice 5/5 | Reroll @ +4 1/1 | Conditions: none

"Before we agree, I will need some sense of the services you require. We are not indenturing ourselves to you for a year."


Between the Lines | Between the Lines (CORE)

"A year? No no no! Just one night will be sufficient. My master has a few errands that he needs run tonight. If you were to run...three of them, that would be of great value to him, and he would accept this in addition to your venture-captain's promissory note as payment for the item you seek. Is this acceptable to you?"

Anyone that cares to may give me a sense motive check. Otherwise, you can decide whether or not you accept the deal Murqual is proposing.

The Exchange

Fighter 1 / Rogue 1 | HP:16/16 | AC:17 {14T/13 FF} | F: +2/ R: +6/ W: +0 | Init +6 | Perception: +5 (+6 for traps)

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 20

I must admit that reading the man through his interpreter is challenging. Still if I were to guess...

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer 2 (CORE) [HP:14][AC:12(16)/touch:12/flat-footed:10(14)]{int: 4][perception:+0 ][bab:1; CMB:1;CMD 13(11)][fort:2/reflex:2/will:3]

not sure if you can assist a sense motive, but if I can...
sense motive assist: 1d20 ⇒ 17

1 to 50 of 110 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS CORE] GM Mjolbeard's "Between the Lines" (#7-01) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.