Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS-CORE] 08-00 The Cosmic Captive (tier 1-2)

Game Master Aerondor

Map

Special rules - Remnant of Iovo:

Each turn a character may move and try to do one special thing (or take a normal standard action)
Defuse the spirit
In order to tame the runaway magical effects here, you need to understand what is happening, interpret the inscribed runes around the basin, perform emergency repairs, and calm the spirit. This requires five checks using Diplomacy, Disable Device, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Linguistics, or Spellcraft. The DC is 15. Once a PC has successfully used one of these skills, future uses of that skill in this encounter is harder.
To do this you will need to be within ten feet of the pool, and it may attack you.
Rather (or in addition to) a skill check you may use an appropriate class ability or spell and I'll adjust the DC arbitrarily.

Distract the spirit
PCs who attempt to defuse the spirit are vulnerable to its attacks, and a PC can try to distract the spirit by succeeding at an Average Bluff, Intimidate, or combat maneuver check. Again the DC is 15. This would draw the sprit's attention to you rather than the people diffusing the spirit.
Alternatively you may try to hurt the spirit to draw its attention to you, make an attack or cast a spell as normal.

Init:

[dice=Lasair]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Idna]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Magni]1d20+4[dice]
[dice=Zoot]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Mentys]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Goldur]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Xuan]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=others]1d20+?[/dice]


351 to 400 of 461 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Lasair can't identify any particular properties of the circles at the moment.

@Lasair Pick an attack and roll your damage. The circles are made of Rubies, Emeralds, Topaz, Diamonds and Sapphires

Xuan works away at a puzzle and thinks he may have solved a bit of the puzzle.

Status, bold may post 1 success this round
Mentys 15 damage
Lasair -
Zootloot - 4 damage
Magni 4 damage
Goldur 11 damage -
Idna, 7 damage

Puzzle (DD succeeded);
Ruby Circle
Emerald Circle
Topaz Circle
Diamond Circle
Sapphire Circle
Xuan

Allies benefit
Elemental companion
Wand CLW - 42 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 46
Time is now after 2:35 post arrival

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 2 (HP: 12/12) (AC:14 FF:14 T:12) (Fort: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +4) (Init: +6) (Perc: +2)

Not managing to make head or tails of the circles, Lasair returns to his favored way of solving problems and fires a charge of his wand at the Emerald circle.

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 3) = 13

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 1; HP 13/13; AC 23 (t 12, ff 21); F +4, R +2, W +2; CMB +4, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft.; Init +2; Perception +2

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

After asking Magni to use the wand to restore her, Idna joins with Lasair and attacks the emerald circle.

Attack (cold iron longsword): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

"Well this certainly seems like the place to be right now," Goldur says brightly, seeing the other Pathfinders converging in this chamber.

Is there some way of determining that knowing those languages would help with this? I'd like to cast comprehend languages which would give me all of those, but if that's too metagamey I won't.

Goldur studies one of the facts and tries disabling its magic.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 +5 if I'm allowed to use comprehend languages first

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Zootloot turns his head to the side and looks quizzically at the puzzle. He ponders for a few minutes, trying to work out the details and unlock the mysteries.

UMD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

Mentys thanks Magni for the healing and apologizes for his error in traversing the place, but presses forward. Upon entering the room with the polyhedron, he looks for a part of the puzzle in his 'native' tongue in order to better solve it.

Perception, Terran: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

@GM Aerondor: I think you missed my previous post. Mentys and Magni are healed and Magni rolled high on perception

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Sorry, I got that slightly wrong

Xuan thinks he was almost able to solve a koan, but found the air around it distorting and making it hard to read.

Magni manages to overcome the distortion and does solve a riddle. Lasair points his wand at an emerald, but the fire seems to do no damage to it as the various circles around flare in brightness. Idna has no more luck with her sword.

@Goldur - as there are runes in those languages it is not unreasonable to think that casting comprehend languages would help with solving the problem, so I'll allow it.

Goldur tries to solve the riddle, but can't quite manage it. []ooc]But your comprehend languages effect is in play for the whole encounter[/ooc]

Zoot however overcomes the distorting effect that seems to come from some of the rings, and solves another riddle.

Menthys is far from being able to try and solve one.

As Xuan, Magni, Goldur, Zoot and Menthus concentrate on the facets of the sphere, they feel the fear of being buried alive grow within them...

Each of your must make a DC 13 will save or be Shaken. If you score an eight or more than please also include a fortitude save.

Status, bold may post
* Xuan
* Magni
* Goldur 11 damage -
* Zootloot -
* Mentys 1 damage

Lasair -
Idna,
Puzzle (UMD and Perception used );
Ruby Circle
Emerald Circle
Topaz Circle
Diamond Circle
Sapphire Circle

Allies benefit
Elemental companion
Wand CLW - 35 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 45
Time is now after 2:35 post arrival

The Exchange

Male Oread Monk 2 (HP 15/15) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 19) (Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6) (Init +8) (Perception+8)

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15.
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16.

Xuan ignores the building sense of fear, allowing it to dissipate.

Instead, he focuses on solving the myriad puzzles that he sees before him.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 = 31.

If *that* doesn't work, I am going to cry ;-)

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Sorry, an eight or less for the Fort save.
For the moment, I just want the saves, some other stuff will happen once we do that, before we get on to trying to solve the puzzle again

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21

Magni seems unfazed by the magical effect:"Being buried alive? Ah! That's a fear for whimps! Falling down into the endless void on the other hand..."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 +2 if it's a spell effect or SLA

Unprepared, Goldur shakes under the magic effect-- but his dwarven stubbornness keeps him where he is.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Mentys inwardly trembles but prepares to help in further disabling the polyhedron.

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 1; HP 13/13; AC 23 (t 12, ff 21); F +4, R +2, W +2; CMB +4, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft.; Init +2; Perception +2

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

A sudden wave of claustrophobia hits Idna, who starts hyperventilating and sweating beneath her armor.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Xuan and Magni, perhaps unsurprisingly given their races don't fear being buried alive at all.

@Goldur, it's not really a spell effect or SLA, more of a supernatural effect. But you know what, lets run with dwarven magical restistance working. I'll even throw in stonecunning as a bonus for you, why would a dwarf worry about being buried alive?

After a moments hesitation, Goldur too resists the effect.

Idna has no worries at all, she is not too sure what the others are gasping about. It is Mentys who is shaken by the experience. Perhaps remembering his own slow transformation from his previous existence into what he is now...

rolls:

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Suddenly two dinosaur headed metal humanoids appear from the nearby walls..

Remember as a standard action you may call one of the two water elemental allies you have with you to help in a fight.

Status, bold may post
Xuan
Magni
Goldur 11 damage -
Zootloot -
Mentys 1 damage ; Shaken
Lasair -
Idna,

Puzzle (UMD and Perception used );
Ruby Circle
Emerald Circle
Topaz Circle
Diamond Circle
Sapphire Circle

Allies benefit
Elemental companion
Wand CLW - 35 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 45
Time is now after 2:35 post arrival

The Exchange

Male Oread Monk 2 (HP 15/15) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 19) (Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6) (Init +8) (Perception+8)

Well, Xuan continues to try and disable the device (as above).

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

He can't do that with the distraction of combat. He can keep his roll for after combat if he likes though.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

Magni starts summoning a celestial eagle planning for it to appear right next the reddish dinosaur...

Full round evocation

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

"This is closer to my department," Mentys declares as he rushes one of the aggressors, ruffled but still focused on the task at hand. "Worry not, I'll keep them occupied!"

Battleaxe, Charge, Shaken vs. Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Zootloot jumps back when the dinosaur heads appear. "A little help please," Zootloot says and he calls one of the water elementals to help.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 2 (HP: 12/12) (AC:14 FF:14 T:12) (Fort: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +4) (Init: +6) (Perc: +2)

Assuming it's a construct, Identify Monster (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Lasair hops back and blasts the newly appeared creature.

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 2) = 12

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

@Lasair, I assume you are going for the blue one?
@Zoot, which would you like it to attack? Here I'm guessing red. We'll treat it like a summoned monster for you in this combat. Attacks at +5 and d6+3 damage;
@Mentys, remember you have the shaken condition

The water element you rescued from the other water creatures dashes forward, pleased to be of use at last.
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Mentys slashes at it, even in his shaken condition he manages to hit and hurt it.

Laisair meanwhile directs a ray of fire at the one not yet in battle. He hits! It burns! But doesn't stop moving.

Status, bold may post
Xuan
Goldur 11 damage -
Idna,

Puzzle (UMD and Perception used );
Ruby Circle
Emerald Circle
Topaz Circle
Diamond Circle
Sapphire Circle
Red creature- 14 damage
Blue creature - 12 damage
Magni casting
Zootloot -
(water elemental)
Mentys 1 damage ; Shaken
Lasair -

Allies benefit
Wand CLW - 35 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 44
Time is now after 2:35 post arrival

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 2 (HP: 12/12) (AC:14 FF:14 T:12) (Fort: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +4) (Init: +6) (Perc: +2)

Yup, the blue one.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

The red one is fine.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

"We could use your help as well. Attack that one!"

Will call the other water elemental to attack red as well.

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 1; HP 13/13; AC 23 (t 12, ff 21); F +4, R +2, W +2; CMB +4, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft.; Init +2; Perception +2
GM Aerondor wrote:
Idna has no worries at all, she is not too sure what the others are gasping about.

Huh! Cool!

Idna rushes forward, sword drawn, and anticipates the approach of the second blue adversary.

Move action, ready attack vs. approach.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

As before, if you ready an action, please make the rolls for it. That saves me time and effort!

Your second elemental joins in the fun
@Goldur, same as before, attacks at +5 anmd does d6+3 damage, you rolls his attacks on your turn as a summoned monster

Xuan moves towards the sphere to try and solve the puzzles, but the distraction of combat is too much for him.

The second water elemental, this one the servant of the Marid you freed, also joins in the attack, knocking the redish metal creature badly.

It strikes back, badly wounding the elemental you rescued. The blue tinted one sends a jet of acid at Xuan. The agile Ored easily avoids it though.

perception DC10:

You notice odd almost musical vibrations coming from the blue metal creature

rolls:
elemental 2 attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Status, bold may post
Magni casting
Zootloot -
(water elemental) 5 damage
Mentys 1 damage ; Shaken
Lasair -
Xuan - readed attack
Goldur 11 damage -
(water elemental)
Idna, - readied attack

Puzzle (UMD and Perception used );
Ruby Circle
Emerald Circle
Topaz Circle
Diamond Circle
Sapphire Circle
Red creature- 20 damage
Blue creature - 12 damage

Wand CLW - 35 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 44
Time is now after 2:35 post arrival

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

Magni's base perception is 10. He autopasses the check

"Mmmh... what a strange sound... mumbles Magni as a celestial eagle materializes near the red dinosaur rakeing at it with claws and beak!

Attack roll 01 (claw): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 -> Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Attack roll 02 (claw): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 -> Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Attack roll 03 (beak): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 -> Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Then the dwarf reloads his sling and throws another bullet at the same target...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 -> Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

Worry not, I remembered.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Mentys continues to hack away at the creature before him. "Is that one singing? It could be speaking, or empowering its allies like Goldur or Zoot. One more mystery for the barrel, I suppose."

Battleaxe, TWF, Shaken: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Cold Iron Handaxe, TWF, Shaken: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The Exchange

Male Oread Monk 2 (HP 15/15) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 19) (Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6) (Init +8) (Perception+8)

Xuan moves over to blue, and takes a swing.

Punch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

MAgni's eagle tears the red construct apart. His sling bullet, redirected to the blue one hits as well.

Mentys hurries over to the second creature, hitting it with his battleaxe, which together with Xuan is enough to knock it into pieces as well. With the victory, his immediate worry about being buried alive departs.

You have two rounds in which you may heal up if you wish (the only thing you may do in them), and then back to the puzzle and the rings. Please include any healing in your regular post.

Breaking a circle
You can make a skill check either knowledge(arcana) or (planes), to identify what the various circles do. The gemstones circles must be damaged by attacks. If you have identified a particular circles powers you may target it, otherwise they are targeted at random.

Solving the puzzle orb
You may alternatively attempt to decipher one of the puzzle cubes many facets. Each facet represents some extraplanar truth, elemental koan, symbolic meaning within a facet’s mineral composition, or any number of other esoteric aspects. Doing this will expose you to various protective circles if they have not been destroyed.

To try and solve it you must make an appraise, disable device, INT,WIS, use magic device, knowledge, linguistics or perception check. Some of these may be easier than others. For each of these languages you speak, you can add +1 to your checks to Solve the Puzzle.: Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran

As before, anything trying a riddle must make a DC 13 Will save or be Shaken. If you score an eight or less than please also include a fortitude save.

Status, bold may post
Magni
Zootloot -
(water elemental) 5 damage
Mentys 1 damage ; Shaken
Lasair -
Xuan -
Goldur 11 damage -
(water elemental)
Idna, -

Puzzle (UMD used );
Ruby Circle
Emerald Circle
Topaz Circle
Diamond Circle
Sapphire Circle

Wand CLW - 35 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 44
Time is now after 2:35 post arrival

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 2 (HP: 12/12) (AC:14 FF:14 T:12) (Fort: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +4) (Init: +6) (Perc: +2)

Can I try for a different set of circles?

Seeing that his spell failed to work on the emerald circles, Lasair inspects the ruby ones instead.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Lasair spends a moment looking at the circles of gemstones.

The Ruby circle seems to provide the distortion effect that makes solving the puzzles harder.
The Emerald circle provides an unholy aura of power, that maybe was enhancing the creatures you fought.
The Topaz circle is the one responsible for the overwhelming fear experienced by those trying to solve the puzzle.
The Diamond and Sapphire circles provide protection for the other circles, making them much harder to damage.

Lasair can still attempt an attack on one of the circles.

Status, bold may post
Magni
Zootloot -
(water elemental) 5 damage
Mentys 1 damage ; Shaken
Lasair -
Xuan -
Goldur 11 damage -
(water elemental)
Idna, -

Puzzle (UMD used );
Ruby Circle (distortion)
Emerald Circle (unholy)
Topaz Circle (fear)
Diamond Circle (warding)
Sapphire Circle (warding)

Wand CLW - 35 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 44
Time is now after 2:35 post arrival

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

Can we try the same check we did before? I.e. Magni using perception again?

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Yes, you can try the same checks as before. You may find they get harder though.

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 1; HP 13/13; AC 23 (t 12, ff 21); F +4, R +2, W +2; CMB +4, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft.; Init +2; Perception +2
GM Aerondor wrote:
As before, if you ready an action, please make the rolls for it. That saves me time and effort!

Right, I knew that. Sorry!

Idna moves to the sapphire circle and tries attacking it.

Cold Iron Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Cold Iron Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

Now that the strange dinosaurs are taken care of, Zootloot concentrates on the puzzles again. He stares at them and tries to make out some sort of pattern.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

Again Magni concentrates on solving the puzzle...

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

Mentys tries to calm himself as he smashes at the ruby circle.

Battleaxe, TWF, Shaken: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Extra Damage?: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 = 14

Handaxe, TWF, Shaken: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 2 (HP: 12/12) (AC:14 FF:14 T:12) (Fort: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +4) (Init: +6) (Perc: +2)

Realizing that the problem likely was the circles' protection and not the type of attack used, Lasair sends a scorching ray at the diamond circle, hoping to whittle down the warding magic.

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5, Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 5) = 12

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Those wanting to use disable device, you can either use it to try and harm the circle, or to solve a puzzle. Please let me know which you are wanting to do.

There is no attack roll required, so you can do your damage automatically if you are attacking. It does mean no crits though

Xuan, Magni and Zoot solve another riddle each. Zoot appears shaken from the experience.

Goldur offers further advice. (inspire courage, so those attacking do extra damage)

Idna swings her sword at the sapphire circle, chipping some of the gemstones. Mentys launches a massive attack, but the ruby circle seems resistant to his axe blades still.

Your two water elementals join in on the assault on the Sapphire circle.

Lasair blasts away again with his wand, but again the energy seems to be absorbed without noticeable impact.

Then, two more of the metal creatures emerge from the walls of the chamber. Their odd metal harmonies resonating around the room.

Status, bold may post (3 solved this round)
Xuan
Magni
(eagle, 1 round left)
Zootloot - Shaken
(water elemental) 5 damage
Mentys 1 damage ;
Lasair -
Idna, -
Goldur 11 damage - (1 extra round of performance used)
(water elemental)
[/b]
Puzzle (UMD, DD, perception used );
Ruby Circle (distortion)
Emerald Circle (unholy)
Topaz Circle (fear)
Diamond Circle (warding)
Sapphire Circle (warding) 7 damage

Wand CLW - 35 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 42
Time is now after 2:36 post arrival

rolls:

Magni will: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
elements damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

Healing wand, round 1/2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Healing wand, round 2/2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Hm, yes. Empowering your allies through a choice word at the right time is a careful art practiced by bards, storytellers... and anyone who might have something useful to say." He chuckles as his magic continues to weave through his words. "You're doing well, Sir Wetness, keep it up! Over there!"

Inspire Courage, round 8. Will command the nearest elemental to attack purple.
Elemental + inspire vs purple: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

The Exchange

Male Oread Monk 2 (HP 15/15) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 19) (Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6) (Init +8) (Perception+8)

Xuan charges forward!

Punch: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 22, for 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

Magni touches Mentys augmenting his skill at arms...

Cast guidance on Mentys


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr’s image appears, her hair windblown and a look of wonder on her face. “The Society's discoveries have weakened the prison of the powerful being sealed within Aucturn's Tear,” she pauses, studying a flotilla of crystal balls that hover around her. “Our divinations indicate that it’s now offering a fraction of its power to our forces!”

Behind Sorrina, a small army of Pathfinder mages are studying the floating globes. Then one of them whispers in Drandle Dreng’s ear. Abruptly, Drandle hurries to the forefront, his shaggy head appearing in the center of the Divination window. "ACG Warriors, make a run for it!" Hands gesticulating wildly, he shouts, “NOW!”

Table GMs, the Thunderous Aid condition is now in effect. ACG Tables, you may make a run for it.

We have 78/150 clues!

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Those who are next to the orb can try use it (once successfully per combat total) to cast one of the following spells: cure light wounds, shocking grasp, summon nature’s ally II (air elemental only) - caster level is your character level
To use it, use a standard action to make either a diplomacy, spellcraft or UMD check.

@Goldur, the elementals will attack without your needing to use a standard action now. You can pick an additional action this round if you like.

Status, bold may post, inspire courage active, +1 to hit and damage
Goldur
Zootloot - Shaken
Mentys 1 damage ; guidance
Lasair -
Idna, -
(water elemental)

Monster - red damage
Monster - blue 8 damage
Puzzle (UMD, DD, perception used );
Ruby Circle (distortion)
Emerald Circle (unholy)
Topaz Circle (fear)
Diamond Circle (warding)
Sapphire Circle (warding) 7 damage
Xuan
Magni
(water elemental) 5 damage

Wand CLW - 33 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 42
Time is now after 2:36 post arrival

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

If I understand correctly I can use any knowledge to try to solve a riddle.

A wave of uncertainty washes over Zootloot but he tries to shake it off. He studies one of the puzzles in more detail while reaching into the depths of his memory to try and piece together the knowledge.

Knowledge(history),shaken: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 = 26

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

@ZootYes, but some may be easier than others. You cna't try a riddle in the middle of combat though.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

Hearing more hostiles and not noticing his axes have any effect on the circles, Mentys rushes to help his allies. I feel as if this wave will be over by the time I get there...

Double move. Cannot wait until I take my barbarian level and am no longer stuck with a 15' move speed. GM, am I no longer shaken?

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

@Zoot, no, Zoot is shaken this round, you recovered after the last battle.
Mentys hurries over toward the battle...

Status, bold may post, inspire courage active, +1 to hit and damage
Goldur
Zootloot - Shaken
Lasair -
Idna, -
(water elemental)

Monster - red damage
Monster - blue 8 damage
Puzzle (UMD, DD, perception used );
Ruby Circle (distortion)
Emerald Circle (unholy)
Topaz Circle (fear)
Diamond Circle (warding)
Sapphire Circle (warding) 7 damage
Xuan
Magni
(water elemental) 5 damage
Mentys 1 damage ; guidance

Wand CLW - 33 charges
Wand resist energy - 44 charges
Wand Scorching Ray - 42
Time is now after 2:36 post arrival

351 to 400 of 461 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS-CORE] 08-00 The Cosmic Captive (tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.