Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS-CORE] 08-00 The Cosmic Captive (tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map

Special rules - Remnant of Iovo:

Each turn a character may move and try to do one special thing (or take a normal standard action)
Defuse the spirit
In order to tame the runaway magical effects here, you need to understand what is happening, interpret the inscribed runes around the basin, perform emergency repairs, and calm the spirit. This requires five checks using Diplomacy, Disable Device, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Linguistics, or Spellcraft. The DC is 15. Once a PC has successfully used one of these skills, future uses of that skill in this encounter is harder.
To do this you will need to be within ten feet of the pool, and it may attack you.
Rather (or in addition to) a skill check you may use an appropriate class ability or spell and I'll adjust the DC arbitrarily.

Distract the spirit
PCs who attempt to defuse the spirit are vulnerable to its attacks, and a PC can try to distract the spirit by succeeding at an Average Bluff, Intimidate, or combat maneuver check. Again the DC is 15. This would draw the sprit's attention to you rather than the people diffusing the spirit.
Alternatively you may try to hurt the spirit to draw its attention to you, make an attack or cast a spell as normal.

Init:

[dice=Lasair]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Idna]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Magni]1d20+4[dice]
[dice=Zoot]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Mentys]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Goldur]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Xuan]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=others]1d20+?[/dice]


1 to 50 of 468 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Astronomers have marveled as the famous comet Aucturn's Tear once more soars through the solar system, yet this cycle, strange portals have begun opening on each planet the comet passes, and a powerful entity trapped on the other side of these gateways desperately calls for help. To the Pathfinder Society, this is a once-in-a-human-lifetime opportunity to discover what lies through these portals—and either free the captive trapped within or ensure that it remains sealed forever.

Feel free to Ninja dot, and then add your details to the discussion thread.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8
Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

Dotting in.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

-.. --- -

The Exchange

Male Oread Monk 2 (HP 15/15) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 19) (Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6) (Init +8) (Perception+8)

Dotting for fun and profit.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Rumors are running rife. The Grand Lodge hasn't seen this much excitement since the ill fated attempt to use the Sky key a year ago!

Groups of pathfinders are being assembled into teams...although for what nobody seems to be quite sure just yet. The six of you find yourselves put together.

Feel free to do IC introductions and let each other know any of your special abilities, favorite tactics or food preferences :-)

The Exchange

Male Oread Monk 2 (HP 15/15) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 19) (Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6) (Init +8) (Perception+8)

A hulking barrel of biped, seemingly crafted from living rock, but clad simply in a light-blue Monk's robe, accentuated by a strip of small bronze plates engraved with Tien characters across the pectoral region, bows low to the rest of the party.

"This unworthy one is Xuan Wu, a humble disciple of the Master of Masters. He originally comes from Goka; whom does he have the honor of working with this day?"

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 1; HP 13/13; AC 23 (t 12, ff 21); F +4, R +2, W +2; CMB +4, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft.; Init +2; Perception +2

A heavily-armored woman bearing a wooden shield as tall as she is walks into the circle. Her mailed thumb toggles the pommels of several longswords strapped to her waist. Her helmed head peers from side to side, muffling her scratchy voice as she speaks.

"Well met, Xuan. I am Idna, originally a caravan mercenary and now an agent of the Exchange. There's a lot going on right now. I don't like it. It stinks of chaos."

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

"Magni here. I'm a druid and I call down the wrath of nature on those who threaten it" says a gruff dwarf wearing a mishmash assortment of hides and pelts.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

A very cheerful, orange-haired gnome bounds over to where the others are talking. A miscellany of items dangle from his belt, jingling while he moves, and the long neck of a beat up guitar pokes up from behind his back like the pommel of a fighter's sword. A huge grin splits his face. "Hi all! I'm Zootloot. I'm your fellow story teller and performer." As if to prove his point he whips out his guitar and plays a lively flourish on its only string. After a few seconds he pauses dramatically then bows.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

A lanky man who appears to be chiseled from sharp, angular stone trundles over, his fingers itching at two small axes at his belt. Across the left side of the jagged scape that is his face is a lighter assortment of rock shaped like the spiral of Pharasma. "Greetings, fellow agents," he says in a grating voice meant to be warm. "You are now in the company of Mentys al-Menchur, explorer, mercenary, and devoted servant of the Lady of Graves."

As to food preferences, Mentys might be partial to couscous. I, personally, would like some pad see ew :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 (HP: 18/18) (AC:14 FF:14 T:12) (Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4) (Init: +6) (Perc: +8)

A short halfling with a mane of red hair strides energetically towards the assembly of Pathfinders, spinning a metal rod in his hands as he goes. A shower of harmless sparks flies from behind the halfling as he strikes a pose, swinging his rod over his head.

"Lasair McMaraugh! Professional fire-starter, tower explorer, time traveler and overall dragon-blooded badass. I prefer roast meat, but pretty much anything hot will do. If we are to go on this mission together, please make sure I'm not killed."

Lasair stows the rod back into a slot in his belt and folds his hands.

"What is this mission about, actually? Ever since they tried to kill us all in ancient Azlant last year, I'm quite wary of what the Society asks me to do."

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

Mentys grins slightly at the halfling. "I heard a bit about that little incident from some fellows. I'm not sure whether I wish I was there or not, but it must have been some experience."

He fishes a few pebbles from a pouch at his belt and begins idly juggling them about.

"The rumors have been all across the spectrum, though. Something about a comet, snatches regarding other planets and planes. I suppose we will see, and until then we can wait. I hope it is a situation where my axes see some use. Nearly a month of travel to and from my last mission in Druma, where blades go to dull, has left me itching for a scrap."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

Looks like I make seven. Did someone get mistabled?


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to continue to introduce yourselves to each other in Absalom in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.

Lantern Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sign up sheet Dragon.

Yes, we are fine with seven on the table. Especially as you are a core low tier table, and thus the single most fragile set of characters in the whole multi-table special.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

If you're sure...

Goldur smiles, more to himself than to the others. The confidence of the young... The old dwarf stands with the others in armor of stiff leather studded with steel beads. His orange beard has gone considerably gray, and crow's feet can be seen at his eyes. A pair of hammers hang at his belt, a bow crosses his back along with his pack. "I've heard the same. Goldur Twinthunders is my name-- no relation to Goldur Hammergap from the tales." He chuckles, though the stories of Goldur Hammergap weren't well-known even when he was a lad; by now, it's unlikely any of these young adventurers even knew the name. "A helping hand and an experienced eye, that's what I bring."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

Zootloot approaches the aged dwarf. "Hello sir. While I haven't heard of your Goldur Hammerslap character, I am always interested in hearing of legends of old. Maybe sometime you can tell me about them."


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the immense Spire of Nex. Overhead, a comet lazily streaks across the night sky. Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and the shadow of great wings occasionally blots out the stars. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards. These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

You might hear rumors of the Society’s latest activities related to this gathering.

Diplomacy (Gather Information). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 12+:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

DC 17+:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

DC 22+:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

DC 27+:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

- - -

You might know the significance of the Spire of Nex and what it might be used for.

Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

DC 20+:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

- - -

You might know more about the new comet in the sky.

Knowledge (Geography) or Profession (Astronomer). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

DC 15+:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

DC 20+:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

DC 25+:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn’s Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

A tall elven man approaches your group. He is followed by a youngster dragging a small cart in which you see stacks of small rucksacks. You notice other people moving around the group that are also followed by an adolescent with a cart.

”Well met, I have been tasked by the Venture officers to provide magical assistance on your trip outside of Golarion’s atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment."

He waits for a moment to let the news sink in.

"Yes, the comet! I won't be joining you there. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't plan on leaving Golarion without it!"

"It lasts for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they will find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet...”

He reaches into his spell component pouch "So, what do you say? Who wants it?"

You are strongly advised to make use of the spell. This special spell will cost you 1 prestige point and lasts 11 hours in-game time, starting in act 2 (which starts tomorrow). If you want to use it, put a post in the discussion thread as well as here.

Later the elf takes one of the small sacks from the youngster ”In addition, the Society has put together caches of supplies to help Pathfinders trapped in hostile conditions make it back in one piece.” He hands over the rucksack.

Each PC receives two pouches of air crystals, a potion of endure elements, and one snapleaf.

Your party also receives one wand of cure light wounds (10 charges)

Air crystals:
These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.

Snapleaf:
This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

Knowledge (geography) - untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 14

"So they plan to send us ON the freaking comet itself? And for what purpose, exactly?" asks Magni, sounding distrustful of the elf.

Then he sighs:"Very well... proceed with your spell. This radioactiveethy thing seems nasty anyway. Wouldn't want to be bitten by it"

Magni spends 1 PP for the spell and accepts the supplies

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

"Well look at all of this hullabaloo," Zootloot says with a grin. He stares at what the other Pathfinders have been building and at the Spire.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Knowledge(geography),untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

He looks around to his companions. "So what are we going to do with this spire? I'm guessing we're going to use it somehow to get to the comet?"

When the tall elf bends down to hand him the special equipment Zootloot thanks him. Then he takes a whiff of the air crystals. "Uhg. These thinks stink. I'm supposed to eat this? Oh, and you'd better hit me up with that space spell. This delicate frame," he gestures at his body, "won't do well without some protection."

He turns to Magni, "You said they're sending us ON the comet. Is it even big enough to hold us?"

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Gee thanks, dicebot. Gives me literally nothing.

Goldur will gladly accept the spell for 1 PP.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

"We're going onto a comet. In space. Well, for lack of a better phrase, this will be new and different," Mentys says, shaking his head but grinning all the same as he accepts the offering. "Thank you for the supplies, and I will gladly accept this spell if it can help. Fate favors the prepared. Have you any idea what awaits us there or what we will be doing?"

Mentys will buy the spell as well.

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 1; HP 13/13; AC 23 (t 12, ff 21); F +4, R +2, W +2; CMB +4, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft.; Init +2; Perception +2

Idna wants the spell, but having already used her 2 PP to buy a wand she has no PP with which to purchase it. Can she use PP earned in this adventure to purchase it?

Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 ⇒ 12

Idna cocks her head at the elf. "I would very much like your magical support, but can the Exchange support its casing for me? I'll also make good use of these tools while out in...space? Chasing the new light in the sky, it seems. I hope it's not an ill omen."

Idna looks to the dwarf and the gnome. "We should use this wand first, but I have one too in case it runs out. I'm happy to lend it to someone who can use it. I also have a potion attached to my belt, here." she says, gesturing to the vial affixed to her side.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 (HP: 18/18) (AC:14 FF:14 T:12) (Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4) (Init: +6) (Perc: +8)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Lasair spends some time enthusiastically chatting with a few of his fellow Pathfinders that are more in the know, and finally returns to his group with newfound information.

"Strange gates have been appearing all around the Inner Sea. I bet we're going to travel through one of them!"

Lasair then nods at the tall elven man. "Sure I'll take the spell; anything to keep me alive!"

-------------------

The sorcerer eagerly travels through the gate, marveling at the curious, alien landscape. His excitement is further fueled by the appearance of the elemental enemies.

"Wahoo! Let's get going!", he cries as tongues of flame spring out of his hands.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Map is updated, can those of you who have not yet put your icon on it, please do so. If you have trouble doing so, let me know.

A pair of things rise up from the grounds surface and advance on the pathfinder team...

Status, bold may post:
All of you

Creatures.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Ranger 2 (Core) | HP 22/22 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +5, W +1 (+2 vs. charms and compulsions) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Resist Acid 5

"This should be interesting," Mentys smiles to the team, axes in hand. "Know that I will help wherever I can, and can try my best to protect you from whatever threat arises." Soon after, strange and hostile beings begin to stream from the portal. "Case in point. Good, I was worried I might be of no use..." With that, the oread rushes the nearest foe and slices at it with his larger axe.

Masterwork Battleaxe vs. Green: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The Exchange

Male Oread Monk 2 (HP 15/15) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 19) (Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6) (Init +8) (Perception+8)

I am choosing to assume that Lasair has been able to use my Wand of Mage Armor on me.

Xuan bows low to the hostiles, then charges forward to punch one.

Punch: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 17, for 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 damage.

EDIT: Edited to include Inspire Courage.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

Zootloot steps eagerly through the portal right along with the rest of his team. "This is going to be fun." He starts to say something else when the elemental beings rise out of the ground. "What? Already?" He spots a medium sized rock near him and plops down on it. With a flip of his shoulders he swings his guitar around and catches it in his waiting hands. Immediately he beings to strum a rousing chorus.

Inspire courage

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

As the creatures manifest themselves Magni shakes his head mumbling:"Great... hostile environment from the get go..." then he approaches Idna and cast a brief spell to boost her accuracy...

Move and cast guidance on Idna

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Xuan and Mentys both slam into the two creatures, but neither is able to down their opponents.

Status, Bold may post: Inspire courage +1 to hit and damage
Lasair
Idna, guidance
Goldur

Creatures
Green - 9 damage
Pink - 10 damage
Magni
Zootloot
Xuan
Mentys

I'll be botting in the morning my time people who have not posted. Multi table specials move at a much faster pace than most PBPs

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 1; HP 13/13; AC 23 (t 12, ff 21); F +4, R +2, W +2; CMB +4, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft.; Init +2; Perception +2

Idna rushes forward, drawing her sword and striking at the creature.

Attack (cold iron longsword, inspire courage, charge, guidance): 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

-2 to AC until next turn

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

Goldur draws a hammer. "Well, that happened quickly." He rushes forward and swings.

Hammer + Inspire Courage vs green: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 (HP: 18/18) (AC:14 FF:14 T:12) (Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4) (Init: +6) (Perc: +8)

"Good job, guys! We're gonna destroy them in no time!"

Lasair loads a crossbow and lets loose a bolt at the pink creature dead ahead.

Crossbow - Into Melee + Bard song: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17, Damage + Bard song: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Identify Monster (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Neither Idna or Goldur can hurt their opponents, however with the aid of the bards inspiring music, Lasair drives a crossbow bolt into one and it drops to the ground, un-moving.

The green tinged creature slams out at the dangerous Mentys, who avoids the blow by the narrowest of margins.

Status, Bold may post: Inspire courage +1 to hit and damage
Magni
Zootloot
Xuan
Mentys
Lasair
Idna,
Goldur

Creatures
Green - 9 damage

rolls:

attack: 1d20 ⇒ 12

The Exchange

Male Oread Monk 2 (HP 15/15) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 19) (Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6) (Init +8) (Perception+8)

Xuan calmly steps across, and attempts to double-tap the remaining creature.

Flurry: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18, for 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 damage.
Flurry: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21, for 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

Magni takes aim at the last standing creature and sends a bullet flying towards its head!

Attack roll: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19 -> Damage roll: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

I hate getting old. Time was, I never missed.

Warhammer + Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

And as quickly as they came, the creatures are dispatched.

The view once you have time to enjoy it is breathtaking; The asteroid has a barren stone surface, with some remnant of ruins of a foreign civilization. Broad rocky stripes crisscross the landscape, displaying countless stratigraphic layers. However, with little obstacles on the surface to obscure the view, the dark void of space can be seen all around. Thousands of tiny stars in the distance dot the sky all around, and the sun hangs low on the horizon. It takes a few cautious steps to get used to this new environment, once through the portal. For one, the gravity is a lot less than normal on Golarion. The temperature is comfortable and there is apparently breathable air here. The protection of the planar adaptation spell isn't needed yet.

Through the asteroid, there is some funky gravity. Low gravity rules: Aucturn’s Tear has gravity that is only one-fifth that of Golarion. You can jump five times as high and lift five times as much as normal, and projectiles have their range categories quintupled. Reduce the die size of damage dealt by falling to 1d4.

You have basically three choices, taking the "hot" side of the asteroid, the "cold" side, or heading straight into the crater that you arrive near. Given the level of activity around the crater itself,
that would appear to be the most dangerous route

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 (HP: 18/18) (AC:14 FF:14 T:12) (Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4) (Init: +6) (Perc: +8)

Lasair blows on the tip of his crossbow and a wisp of smoke rises from it, dissipating into thin air moments later. The sorcerer then goes to inspect the elemental remains, kicking them before looking closer.

"Alright; two down, who-knows-how-many to go, and I'm sure we'll decimate them too. Now let's visit the cold side of this comet; they must be longing for a good hot flame."

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Time: 0:01 after arrival

”You handled those earth elementals with flair!” A Varisian woman is leaping towards you, she is obviously enjoying the low gravity. When Lasair mentions the dark side of the asteroid she nods.

”We have located a frozen city on the asteroid’s dark side. If you want you can explore the city to see if we can find the means to help the trapped being.”

”On the sunny side we have located the wreck of a metal craft. It might contain the same kind of objects as can be found in Numeria. If you want to explore that be aware that that side of the asteroid is bathing in direct sunlight, without any protection from an atmosphere.”

She points towards the crater finally.

”The crater is swarming with defenders. If you choose to go there you need to be prepared for combat, but it seems the most direct route to the center of the asteroid.”

”It is your decision, I’ll be off to brief that group over there on what we found” and she moves away before you can even start to think of questions.

The Exchange

Male Oread Monk 2 (HP 15/15) (AC 19/15/14) (CMD 19) (Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6) (Init +8) (Perception+8)

Xuan nods.

"I have an affinity for the Earth, so I would be happy to go that way."

That said, I am happy to go whichever way the party wishes :-)

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Bard 3 | AC: 13/8/13 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +6 (+2 vs poison/spells/SLA's, +4 vs performance/sonic/language-dependant) | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Performance: 16

Goldur hops up and down a few times, allowing himself a few moments of childlike fun. "I agree. The hot side or the cold, and cold sounds like a fine start. Let's leave the crater to the strongest Pathfinders."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Bard/2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +2*, Ref +5*, Will +4* (+2 vs illusions) | CMB -1, CMD 12 | Init +4, Perc +8 | Remaining arrows: 18 | Bardic Performance Rounds 3/9

"The cold side sounds best to me." Zootloot slings his guitar around his back and hops of the rock he was sitting on. He giggles as he jumps unexpectedly high into the air then virtually floats back down to the ground. His unruly orange hair expands like a puffball around his head. "I think this could be fun."

The Exchange

Female Human Fighter 1; HP 13/13; AC 23 (t 12, ff 21); F +4, R +2, W +2; CMB +4, CMD 16; Spd 20 ft.; Init +2; Perception +2

Idna cocks her head slightly, fascinated by how light her massive shield has become on the asteroid's surface. She snaps back to attention. "The cold side of the asteroid sounds as good a place to start as any."

In anticipation of the frigid temperatures, Idna takes the potion of endure elements gifted to her by the Society and imbibes it, sliding the neck of the vial through her helm's visor.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Druid 02 HP 19/19 AC: 17 (15 without shield) /T: 12 /FF: 15 - Perception +10 - F: +5 / R: +2 /W: +8 - CMB +0 - CMD +13 - Speed 20 - Init. +4 - Storm Burst per Day: 3/8

"Who am I to go against all of your wishes? Let's just hope we are not going to freeze to death..." comments Magni, gruff as usual.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The team quickly heads off towards the frozen side of the massive asteroid.
travel time: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 = 18

Starlight provides only dim illumination in this area. Although soft winds generate some warmth, the temperature here is still severely cold. Luckily your magical protections stop any ill effects from that.

Time: 0:19 after arrival

A vast forest of lifeless trees blankets this landscape. A thin layer of ice coats each branch, tracing dappled shadows in the starlight. A dark, half-fallen spire rises in the distance, while running water splashes nearby alongside the sound of vicious combat.

know(nature) DC 12:
These trees resemble conifers, but are of a species completely unknown on Golarion.

The rocky surface is somewhat slippery, but not a serious impediment; it imposes a –2 penalty on Acrobatics checks attempted in this area, but does not act as difficult terrain.

The combatants are not yet aware of you, and from where you are you maynot be able to see them, but it appears there are elementals fighting among themselves

Status, Bold may post:
Magni
Zootloot
Xuan
Mentys
Lasair
Idna,
Goldur

Creatures

1 to 50 of 468 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS-CORE] 08-00 The Cosmic Captive (tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.