Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] Blake's To Seal the Shadow (Inactive)

Game Master Blake's Tiger

[PFS] 8-14 To Seal the Shadow (1-2)

Verbal Duel Tactics


51 to 100 of 158 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Table A Table B

Rerois moves forward to meet the enemy, instructing the Pathfinders on tactics. Maqan begins to invoke her magic.

The first two dotted wayangs break cover and begin making their way towards their targets.

Combat! Bold may act. Round 2
Bless is active: +1 morale bonus to hit

Maqan
Wayangs Dotted Border
Goran
Feuerseele
Hervey
Wayangs Solid Border
Rerois

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 1
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 8 /8 F+1 R+2 W+1 Init +10 Perception+1

Feuerseele braces his spear against a charge.
Brace, nonlethal: 1d20 ⇒ 31d8 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

male human spiritualist 3 (ectoplasmatist) | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F +4, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Spd 30' | Perc +9 | Init +8

Hervey isn't in a good position to charge, what with hiding behind the barrier. But he does have a view to shoot at the wayang sneaking around the flank.

crossbow vs blue + bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
nonlethal: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 2, HP 20/20, AC 19, T 11, FF 18, F +4, R +2, W +6, Initiative +1, Perception +4

Goran moves over to beside Maqan and puts his shield in front of her.

aid AC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21on my phone...cant move token


Table A Table B

Goran: Aid Another (to Hit or to AC) requires you both to threaten the target creature, so that would have been a readied action, which didn't trigger. They're slow.

Hervey shoots a blunted bolt off of one of the flanker's chest.

Meanwhile, the two beefy looking solid border wayangs (that's not saying much) press forward. One joins its compatriot as it heads towards Maqan. The other takes cover on the other side of Hervey.

Rerois and Maqan are up.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 2, HP 20/20, AC 19, T 11, FF 18, F +4, R +2, W +6, Initiative +1, Perception +4

Yeah...i thought about it after then checked my books...but couldn't edit the post....I'll try it next round if they get into melee....my bad

Grand Lodge

Female Ifrit Sorcerer/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:13 | T:13 | FF:10 | CMB: -2 | CMD:11 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2 | Init:+12 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30') Sorcerer 1 (Fire Bloodline)

Maqan, tracking the approach of the Wayangs, finishes her spell with a flourish! "Peaceful slumber, be with you!"

DC 16 Will Save! Affects 4 HD of creatures.


Table A Table B

Saving Throws:
Will Dotted: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Will Solid: 1d20 ⇒ 2

GM Screen:
Blue Dotted Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The two brawlers closest to Maqan fall to the ground, sleeping soundly. The other two seem to take no note of this occurrence (or do not care).

The wayang closing in on Feuerseele reaches her and grabs her arms, holding her tight at the wrists. The wayang behind the wall takes note of this and his eyes sparkle with malice.

Combat! Bold may act. Round 3
Bless is active: +1 morale bonus to hit

Maqan
Wayangs Dotted Border
Goran
Feuerseele (Grappled)
Hervey
Wayangs Solid Border
Rerois (left over action from Round 2)

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 1
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 8 /8 F+1 R+2 W+1 Init +10 Perception+1

Looking at the small waying hold him Feuerseele is male ;-)
tries to wiggle free.EA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Dark Archive

M Chelaxian Cavalier 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | F +4, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | Per +1 | Challenge 0/1 | Glorious Challenge 0 | Tactician 0/1 | Soul Drinker 1/1 | Swift Grey: HP 19/19 | AC 19, T 11, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W +2 | Per +5

"Unhand him, you knave!" Rerois shouts rather theatrically and charges the wayang grappling with Feuerseele. He smashes into the wayang with a mighty blow.

Swift action to challenge
Charge, Power Attack, wayang has -2 to AC currently, Anyone who attacks the blue one gets a +2 bonus
If the wayang goes down, I'll use an immediate to Glorious Challenge the orange one.

Ceremonial Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 13

Grand Lodge

male human spiritualist 3 (ectoplasmatist) | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F +4, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Spd 30' | Perc +9 | Init +8

Hervey drops his crossbow and steps out, using his lash to whack at the wayang hiding across from him.

attack vs orange+bless-nonlethal: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 4
nonlethal damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 2, HP 20/20, AC 19, T 11, FF 18, F +4, R +2, W +6, Initiative +1, Perception +4

Goran moves to beside Rerois, shield at the ready. Press your attack, I will defend your flank. diubke move to brsude Rerois...i don't think you can double mive then aid right? i dont think you can....


Table A Table B

Correct, Goran. Aid Another requires a Standard action.

GM Screen:

Power Attack UA vs. Partial Cover: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 1 - 2 = 11
Power Attack UA Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Hervey: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Rerois charges toward the wayang grappling with Feuerseele while the sorcerer struggles. He swings his pick with impressive force, knocking the gladiator out cold and freeing his companion. The crowd cheers! He then challenges the last wayang standing.

Goran moves to defend Maqan.

Hervey tries to his the wayang on the other side of the wall but hits the wall instead. That wayang attacks back with a powerful punch, but Hervey quickly ducks back behind the screen enough to avoid the blow.

Combat! Bold may act. Round 4
Bless is active: +1 morale bonus to hit

Maqan
Wayangs Dotted Border (asleep or unconscious)
Rerois (reordered)
Goran
Feuerseele
Hervey
Wayangs Solid Border (red asleep)

Grand Lodge

Female Ifrit Sorcerer/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:13 | T:13 | FF:10 | CMB: -2 | CMD:11 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2 | Init:+12 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30') Sorcerer 1 (Fire Bloodline)

Looks like Goran moves to defend Rerois - no problem here!

Maqan gives a bow to the crowd as the two combatants fall down asleep, then walks over to the closer of the two and looks to the crowd, gives an exaggerated wink, and then theatrically drapes her cape over him, as though covering him up for a night of sleep.

Trying to show off some superiority, even if it's not tactically the most reasonable choice. This is a performance, after all!


Table A Table B

You're right. That's what he wrote. Map showed differently. I positioned Goran to match his text.

The crowd with the best view of Maqan laugh uproariously.

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 1
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 8 /8 F+1 R+2 W+1 Init +10 Perception+1

Seeing Maqan showing off Feuerseele whirls his spear round, once, twice.
He then stabs the spear at the last one. Attack: 1d20 - 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) - 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 231d8 ⇒ 8

Grand Lodge

male human spiritualist 3 (ectoplasmatist) | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F +4, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Spd 30' | Perc +9 | Init +8

Hervey lashes out at the wayang again.

attack+bless+flank-nonlethal: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 10
nonlethal damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Dark Archive

M Chelaxian Cavalier 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | F +4, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | Per +1 | Challenge 0/1 | Glorious Challenge 0 | Tactician 0/1 | Soul Drinker 1/1 | Swift Grey: HP 19/19 | AC 19, T 11, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W +2 | Per +5

Rerois charges into the remaining wayang with a shout.

Charge
Warpick: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 4 = 12


Table A Table B

GM Screen:
Weapon Focus, UA: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
UA: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The wayang brawler bends backwards in an impressive dodge as Rerois' wooden pick flies through the air an inch above him. Feuerseele pokes him hard in the chest with his blunted spear, and Hervey continues to take out his frustrations on the wooden wall.

Slipping under Feuerseele's threat and away from the armored cavalier, the wayang strikes at the sorcerer's midsection. The blow is easy to dodge, even with the warrior changing his style, and a support post for the platform cracks under the force. Feuerseele gets the feeling that might have cracked bone real damage if it had not missed its mark.

Combat! Bold may act. Round 5
Bless is active: +1 morale bonus to hit

Maqan
Wayangs Dotted Border (asleep or unconscious)
Rerois
Goran (still has round 4's action, if he wants)
Feuerseele
Hervey
Wayangs Solid Border (red asleep, orange -8 nl)

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 1
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 8 /8 F+1 R+2 W+1 Init +10 Perception+1

Looking at the wayang and retreatinga step aside, he opens the avenue for flanking, having seen that technique seen to excellent effect in a previous expedition.
More for show he pokes the spear again.
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 121d8 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

Female Ifrit Sorcerer/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:13 | T:13 | FF:10 | CMB: -2 | CMD:11 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2 | Init:+12 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30') Sorcerer 1 (Fire Bloodline)

Maqan moves around the large pillar to get a better look at the remaining combatant. With whirling arms, she launches a magical assault on the opponent's senses!

Casting daze on Orange, DC 15 Will save.

Grand Lodge

male human spiritualist 3 (ectoplasmatist) | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F +4, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Spd 30' | Perc +9 | Init +8

Hervey chases the wayang, glad to be away from the interfering wall.

attack+bless+flank-nonlethal: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 15
nonlethal damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 2, HP 20/20, AC 19, T 11, FF 18, F +4, R +2, W +6, Initiative +1, Perception +4

Goran moves to guard Rerois' side.

aidAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23rd 4 action..rd 5 is an attack if i can

By my hand, begone! he yells as he swings his bamboo scimitar at the wayang.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 nl of course


Table A Table B

GM Screen:
Will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

The wayang fighter rebuffs Maqan's attempt to disrupt his senses with a powerful force of will. He manages to dodge both Feuerseele's blunted spear and Goran's mock sword with ease, but fails to see the tendril of force snaking towards him.

Hervey raps the wawang soundly on the back of the head, knocking him unconscious.

The crowd stands and cheers (save for a few sour apples who probably bet on the home team).

End Combat

Mayor Farzhan and Harjandi enter the arena to congratulate you.

"Well done, well done," says the mayor. "You have four hours before the next part of the ceremony. You may continue to enjoy the festival, rest, or prepare for the debate, however you see fit to spend your time."

Other wayangs are waking the sleepers and tending to the unconscious fighters. The sleepers wake first. They seem very confused as they are led towards the arena exit.

"But--but we never started the combat..." one mutters blearily.

There's one more rumor that's applicable to the next encounter, if you want to socialize in the festival and try to Gather Information. The DC is 25.

Grand Lodge

male human spiritualist 3 (ectoplasmatist) | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F +4, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Spd 30' | Perc +9 | Init +8

Hervey accompanies the rest of the Pathfinders to explore the festivities until the next ceremony.

diplomacy AA: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

I will just assist whomever since I don't have a high enough modifier to make the DC anyway.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 2, HP 20/20, AC 19, T 11, FF 18, F +4, R +2, W +6, Initiative +1, Perception +4

Maqan, i think they might open up to yoi if you go ask them...your exotic looks might be a boon here. aid diplo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grand Lodge

Female Ifrit Sorcerer/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:13 | T:13 | FF:10 | CMB: -2 | CMD:11 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2 | Init:+12 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30') Sorcerer 1 (Fire Bloodline)

Maqan grins at Goran and dives into the throng of festival goers, shaking hands, making introductions, and asking questions as politely as possible in such a foreign society.

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 1
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 8 /8 F+1 R+2 W+1 Init +10 Perception+1

Diplo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Happy not to be harmed in the mock battle Feuerseel moves around the feast and nibbles here and there, drinking a few sips and enjoys the feast.

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 2, HP 20/20, AC 19, T 11, FF 18, F +4, R +2, W +6, Initiative +1, Perception +4

Goran joins in the festivities and celebrates the victory. He shows off his new artwork and piercing, proud as punch.

Dark Archive

M Chelaxian Cavalier 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | F +4, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | Per +1 | Challenge 0/1 | Glorious Challenge 0 | Tactician 0/1 | Soul Drinker 1/1 | Swift Grey: HP 19/19 | AC 19, T 11, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W +2 | Per +5

"Putting half of them to sleep was hardly fair, they didn't even get a chance to demonstrate their own abilities."

Rerois continues socialising with the wayang, and makes sure to compliment the gladiators.

Gather Info, DC 25: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Table A Table B

The audience does not seem to mind the manner in which the Pathfinders won. Maqan putting half of them to sleep with a single spell is a topic of conversation and amusement among many of the wayang.

Rerois:
Eynemb, a local scholar, is leading the wayang team during the second event. He is an accomplished debater, and most citizens believe he is going to win handily, though they are interested in seeing how the Pathfinders acquit themselves.

Many wayang come up to you to congratulate you on your win. Several seem to be taken with Rerois' martial prowess in particular, while several others seem to be infatuated or awestruck with Maqan. Of those fans, especially Rerois' fans, give their regrets that they will not be attending the debate as they have other tasks to attend. Some seem sincere. Others give you the sense that they have more entertaining things to get to than an intellectual debate.

I will post the summary verbal duel rules in the Discussion.

Dark Archive

M Chelaxian Cavalier 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | F +4, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | Per +1 | Challenge 0/1 | Glorious Challenge 0 | Tactician 0/1 | Soul Drinker 1/1 | Swift Grey: HP 19/19 | AC 19, T 11, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W +2 | Per +5

Rerois basks in the praise, and makes sure to point out his companions' contributions when needed. "Maqan was key for the fight, cutting out half of the enemies is a great tactic, though I am sorry I did not get a chance to test them myself."

When they meet back up, he relays the gossip. "Eynemb is apparently leading the wayang in the debate. He's an accomplished scholar and is highly respected for his skills. It's going to be tricky to win against such talent."


Table A Table B

Roll Sense Motive while each of you socializes as well.

Dark Archive

M Chelaxian Cavalier 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | F +4, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | Per +1 | Challenge 0/1 | Glorious Challenge 0 | Tactician 0/1 | Soul Drinker 1/1 | Swift Grey: HP 19/19 | AC 19, T 11, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W +2 | Per +5

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 2, HP 20/20, AC 19, T 11, FF 18, F +4, R +2, W +6, Initiative +1, Perception +4

sense: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 1
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 8 /8 F+1 R+2 W+1 Init +10 Perception+1

SM: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Grand Lodge

Female Ifrit Sorcerer/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:13 | T:13 | FF:10 | CMB: -2 | CMD:11 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2 | Init:+12 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30') Sorcerer 1 (Fire Bloodline)

Maqan is a consummate extrovert during the conversations, delighting in the attention and drawing energy from the whole affair.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 2

One might say that she's so happy with the praise that she's nearly oblivious to anything else before the debate starts...

Grand Lodge

male human spiritualist 3 (ectoplasmatist) | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F +4, R +5, W +6 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Spd 30' | Perc +9 | Init +8

Hervey is none too excited about the debate- words are not really his thing. His nerves lead to him seeming even more distracted than normal.

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Table A Table B

As you socialize with the wayang people during the evening, in addition to learning a little bit about the leader of the opposing debate team, you get the sense that wayangs appreciate allegory as a teaching method and distinctly dislike mockery in serious debate.

Allegor gains a +2 bonus on the roll. Mockery gains a -2 penalty on the roll.

Eventually, Mayor Farzhan comes to collect you for the debate. He leads you to the debate arena where Harjandi waits for you. "Your task," the mayor begins, "Is to debate the merits and flaws of outsider involvement in assisting the wayangs of Inahiyi. You, role playing your hero, are to argue against outsider involvement."

Harjandi, sounding apologetic, says, "You are expected to lose. It is historical precedence that you lose--that is, the wayangs convince the outsiders to join the cause--however, you still need to put on a good show. It is entertainment, after all. Where would the fun be if you just give up?"

A large stage has been erected on one edge of the town square. A few nearby lanterns shed dim light onto the area. The audience is noticeably smaller than that of previous event, but the space is still packed with wayangs.

Harjandi leads you to your podiums on the stage. Across from you are five wayangs in fine robes of wayang-style (i.e. shades of gray and sharp-edged patterns). "The wayang team will open," she says before taking her leave of the stage.

Mayor Farzhan makes his introduction of the event and the teams. There is eager, if less boisterous than the arena fight, applause as you are introduced.

The wayang introduced as Eynemb steps to the podium. He has short cropped hair and wears a pair of bifocal glasses.

"Bo Lu Dama, the noble wayang come to you to beseech your aid! The eruption of Mount Shibotai has created a great cloud of darkness that strengthens the path to the Shadow Realm. Every day, more and more beasts from that realm emerge from the volcano's crater and spread terror upon the surrounding lands. We wayang have been fighting diligently to keep them at bay, holding them back from the lands of the human, the tengu, the samasaran. We have been struggling and we will soon be overwhelmed. If we are overwhelmed, then there will be nothing to stop the darkness and your lands will soon suffer under the depredation of these creatures. Help us. Help the wayang to keep your lands safe. Your name will go down in history as a hero, and more importantly, there will be future generations of your people to read that history."

Presence: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Ante: 1

Party Determination: 5
Allegory Free Edge (re-roll): 1

Bo Lu Dama must counter Presence DC 13

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 1
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 8 /8 F+1 R+2 W+1 Init +10 Perception+1

So the player wearing Bo Lu Dama´s mask must answer?


Table A Table B

Correct. Maqan in this case.

I should add, anyone can use the free Allegory edge, but once it's gone, it's gone.

Grand Lodge

Female Ifrit Sorcerer/1 (HP 9/9 | AC:13 | T:13 | FF:10 | CMB: -2 | CMD:11 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2 | Init:+12 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30') Sorcerer 1 (Fire Bloodline)

Making sure her mask is in place, Maqan bows before the approaching wayang and responds: "I am not heartless, and my ears hear the cries of the wayang. I hear, too, the twang of your bows, the clash of your swords, and the might of your spells as you drive back those who would do you harm. In the shadow of your great mountain, Shibotai, your people are strong and fight well to preserve your beautiful lands. Were my people to come to your aid, I would worry that they would never return to our own homes for fear of departing the beauty they find there, and would leave me defensless against our other enemies. I fear, my friends, that I cannot commit aid to you at this time, for what aid could I offer that would improve your own mastery over your lands?"

Flattery: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Though Maqan picks fine words, it's clear that her heart isn't really in it - her voice betrays that she'd commit anything to helping these people fight against their oppressors, but she plays her role as best she can.


Table A Table B

Eynemb returns to the other wayang debaters, and they huddle in discussion. One of the others leaves towards the podium. Eynemb suddenly breaks away from the group, rushes past the other wayang, nearly knocking him over, and takes the podium.

"Are lands are too beautiful to help? Nobali Hohachi, surely even you and your bird-brained people can see that more warriors on the battlefield will improve the chances of driving back the demon hordes. Are the people of this world too naive or too stupid to see the danger these beasts pose? Show us and your neighbors that the tengu have strong hearts inside their brittle-boned chests!"

Ante: 3
Mocker, Bias: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 = 9

The audience boos loudly, and Eynemb retreats from the podium. The wayangs, none too happy, begin conferring again.

Wayang team loses the exchange.
Ante: 0
Free Allegory Edge: 1
Maqan's free edge: 1 (from winning with Flattery)
Rerois' edge: 1
You may confer on strategy. Choose one of you to open the next exchange.
Everyone may roll Perception.

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 1
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 8 /8 F+1 R+2 W+1 Init +10 Perception+1

Perc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Grand Lodge

male Human Cleric 2, HP 20/20, AC 19, T 11, FF 18, F +4, R +2, W +6, Initiative +1, Perception +4

perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Table A Table B

Goran is fairly certain that Eynemb is trying to make it easier for your team to win, and appears to be trying to do so without being obvious about it.

Since indecision kills PbP: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Feuerseele will be the next speaker.

Dark Archive

M Chelaxian Cavalier 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | F +4, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | Per +1 | Challenge 0/1 | Glorious Challenge 0 | Tactician 0/1 | Soul Drinker 1/1 | Swift Grey: HP 19/19 | AC 19, T 11, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W +2 | Per +5

Rerois frowns a bit at Eynemb's poor showing.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Dark Archive

female Ifrit Sorcerer (Tattood) 1
Spoiler:
AC 13/T13/FF10 HP 8 /8 F+1 R+2 W+1 Init +10 Perception+1

Feuerseele moves forward and bows to the audience.
Taking a deep breath he speaks up.
"Once there was a little bear living close to a stream. Many a day he would walk to one of the bees nests with many a load of honey inside. But then there was this hard winter and in the spring the stream was full and the water was overflowing. Endangering the bees nest. So he visited a friend of him, the beaver. The beaver was looking at the stream and only thought to save himself and his dam. But then the bear spoke up. I am a big bear and I can carry big loads of timber. But I am bad at building. You are very good at building, but you are not that strong. If you just worry about yourself, you might loose the dam and your life. But if we work together, what a dam we could bill.
In the end the beaver agreed to work with the bear and so the dam was saved, the beaver survived and so did the bees. And the bear had a steady supply of honey.


Table A Table B

Feuerseele's Allegory, Bias: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11
Ante: 1

The crowd gives a polite applause to Feuerseele's argument.

The wayang team confers and, once gain, Eynemb pushes his way past the debater to steal the podium. Rerois notes that the remainder of the wayang team seems flustered at his behavior.

"Nobali, again, I ask you to come to your feather-addled senses. The humans tell us to pull ourselves up, that if they help us, they're only hurting our potential, and then they babble on about bears and beavers. These are not children's stories. These are fierce beasts who will steal your eggs and drink their yolks. Tell me your eyes can see more than shiny things and worms. Tell me you see the danger."

Despite their distaste for his tactic, the audience seems to be leaning toward the wayang team with interest.

Mockery, Bias, Special vs. DC 11: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 - 2 = 17
Ante: 3 (due to special)
DC 17

Nobali must answer.

Dark Archive

M Chelaxian Cavalier 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | F +4, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | Per +1 | Challenge 0/1 | Glorious Challenge 0 | Tactician 0/1 | Soul Drinker 1/1 | Swift Grey: HP 19/19 | AC 19, T 11, FF 14 | F +5, R +4, W +2 | Per +5

Rerois slowly stands and approaches the podium. His feathered mask gives him the appearance of an eagle gazing over the crowd. "Eynemb, why do you mock those you wish aid from? The only brittleness I see here is the confidence of the wayang, the only addled are the debaters. Leave your jealousy at others 'shiny things and worms' and take hold of your own fate."

Presence: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
Edge: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22

So we gain 1 determination for using Presence?

51 to 100 of 158 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 8-14 To Seal the Shadow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.