Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

[PFS] A Vision of Neb (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

Dispatched on an envoy mission overland from Absalom to port city Escadar, you must weather the harsh wilderness of the Isle of Kortos before you can hope to meet with the representative of the elusive gillmen.


501 to 542 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

The tavern is lit by torches throughout the hall.

Luisila Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Luisila fires her arrow. It goes wide, striking one of the errant customers trying to get out of the bar. She is able to slide past Badger and move to get a clearer shot of her quarry.

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Not knowing if Astyannax was able to step clear of the table, Omrax blindly swings towards the "grunt" he heard at the end of the table, hoping to connect with one of the gillmen still there.

miss: 1d100 ⇒ 74 (50% miss chance) potential hit if a target

sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

If he misses (or nobody is there), he will try a move towards the front door to in an effort to block the exit if he can find it.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

Round 2, HP:9/9

I will get up during my turn and move to Q8

Moving to Q8 of course if i can, as i don't remember what type of action it takes to become unprone. If its a full-round action just skip the last bit :)


Omrax cuts into the flesh of a grunting gillwoman. She lets out a hiss as her sarong beings to stain red.

Badger's Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Badger stands and begins to move through the grease. He makes his way to a safe place between two tables.

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

Ezrek continues to try to break his bonds.

Escape Grapple: 1d20 ⇒ 3
EG: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Man, how bad is that

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax feels another attack glance off of his armor, though he is still blinded. Factoring in the flurry of movement and the now known location of the chair, he swings again.

Blindness 1d100 ⇒ 44

This time he feels no resistance as his sword cleaves nothing but air.


Ezrek continues to to be held by the webbings.

Astyannax swings and misses, nearly hitting a frantic waiter.

Rees and Haraldir fight with each other, each thinking the other has the relic.


Round 3
Shoalo continues for the door. He makes it there and opens it.

Ahrmisa follows behind her companion as she makes her way toward the door.

Ulionestia takes a 5' step away from the eagle and punches in its direction.

TK Fist vs Eagle AC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The phantom fist misses, but the eagle disappears back to its original plane of existence.

Heroes Can Go!

Badger, Luisila & Ezrek:

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 60/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

”Badger, block the doorway!”

“Ast, suggest double move 6 squares 45 degrees to the south-west (your right), then keep heading west.”

“Omrax, also suggest double-move. 5’ west, then south 20’ and then 15’ to the west.”

Luisila will cast True Strike and move to M12 (avoiding Omrax).

EDIT: Or maybe everything I said at half-speed. Yes I'm a n00b!

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

EG: 1d20 ⇒ 1
EG: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Omrax tries to follow Luisila's directions...

"Lady Luisila, I cannot see squares or chairs, so I hope I am doing this right... "
acrobatics : 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (7) - 7 = 0
Move west til he feels a wall or trips, then south the remainder of his move. If he falls in his first move, he will stand.

Looks like trip on chair and stands up...


Luislia's bow gives off an glow of enlightment as she moves towards the center of the taproom.

Ezrek continues to struggle with the webbing without any signs of achievement.

Omrax moves 20' to the west, then trips over his feet in his haste and falls prone to the floor.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax hear's Luisilla's frantically shouted instructions over the din. Having successfully vanquished the chair, and in light of being blinded with a sword in hand, he cautiously moves forward and to his right.

If mother told me not to run with scissors...

Her 45 degree angle sounds like a diagonal, which would limit my movement to 10',5',10' etc.. I leave that to the GM. But however it works out, his intent is to move half speed (15') in that direction for a move action. Then a second move action at half speed for another 15'.

]The goal being to avoid falling down.


Astyannax speed is 20'. Half speed would be 10'. Move 1/2 speed in diagonal direction still?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Sorry. Was thinking of my half-elf ranger. Wrong PbP

Yeah, same move pattern. With my rolls, I have no doubt I'd fall down

Iomedae, restore my vision! he silently pleas as he moves.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

I'll summon another eagle

"I got the door!

I will block the door


Astyannax is able to slowly make his way to the main door, not tripping over any tables or chairs along the way.

Badger. You need to say were said eagle is summoned. Roll for said eagle if he is going to attack. How will Badger block the door? Have you seen the map?

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

I was just going to stand in front of it, and by the look of the map i wont have enough time to just walk there so i will run there instead of summoning an eagle. I was pretty much going by what Luisila asked. Im pretty sure if he wanted he could overpower a gnome lol

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

Ezrek yells to Haraldir. Light the web on fire, I have to get out to cast any spells.


Badger's Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Badger carefully makes his way across the grease, then hustles his way to the center of the room (double move to L10).

Haraldir cries out, "I'm blind! I don't have any fire. Who's attacking us?" The ranger stumbles around and almost gets caught in the webbing.

Round 4

Shoalo and Ahrmisa race outside. A pair of splashes can be heard after they leave the tavern.

Ulionestia walks to the backdoor behind the bar and opens it.

Heroes Turn!

Badger, Luisila & Ezrek:

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 60/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Luisila will move to N16 and fire an arrow at the bartender.

Longbow +4 +20 +1 PBS: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (16) + 25 = 41

Potential Damage +1 PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Ast, head south-east this time, get ready to jump the bar.

Omrax, go south.

Badger, a conjured beast near the bartender would help.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax, mildly surprised to actually be standing upright after moving, hears Luisila's shouted direction and moves carefully in that direction.

A double move of half speed steps, which should get him to the bar at L17.

"On my way, Luis"


Luisila bellys up to the bar and fires an arrow at Ulionestia. It strikes true, but she appears to be quite resilient.

Astyannax slowly crosses the room ending at the bar and next to Luisila.

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Omrax stands and moves slowly south 10' trying to get his bearings but not liking the sound of the splashes he heard.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax (who can't actually see either female with him), turns to Luisila (not knowing it's her), flashes a 14 CHA smile and says, "I didn't know that there was an angels happy hour here."

He then looks across the bar.

"Madame, I wish to register a complaint about this business. The lighting is terrible in here. I can't see a thing."

Just seemed like a chance to be a little goofy

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Hah, perfect Ast! Omrax, sitting on the floor, would not call it very handicapped accessible either. :)

Grand Lodge

Ranger 2; HP 20/20,- AC 18/T: 14/FF: 14 - Perception +7 - F: +4/ R: +7/ W: +2 - CMB: +3 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +4

Without a bow in his hand and not really seeing almost anything, Haraldir felt totally confused. From few grunts he managed to understand finally that he was grappling with Reese, and Luisila shouting instructions, although not meant for him, helped him a bit. Hearing Astyannax and Omrax were next to him, ranger tries to follow her instructions to the best of his ability, disregarding the fact that he was "as blind as a bat".

Acrobatics check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Haraldir would try to move his normal speed towards south, at the same time trying to retrieve a set of calltrops from his backpack. Just FYI - I have not looked at any map, so I have absolutely no idea where I am moving to, or what I really want to do.

"Someone get this things out of my eyes" - he shouts while stumbling towards, what he thought was south.

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

I rolled twice more for Escape Grapple, but apparently it ate my post. Needless to say I failed both rolls.


Omrax slowly moves 10' to the south.

Haraldir removes caltrops from his backpack then slowly makes his way south. He walks over the glass floor without any complications. He is stopped by the bar and catches a familiar female scent.

Ezrek tries to escape from the Web, but he is held fast.

Badger moves back toward the center of the room, next to Ezrek. He pulls out some horse-hair and throws it south. Suddenly an anglic pony appears in the doorway opposite of the gillwoman.

It nays and tries to kick the bartender.

Hooves vs Ulionestia AC: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 71d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10

Round 5

Spooked by the spontaneous horseflesh that appeared in front of her, Ulionestia opens the other door. Vision returns to Astyannax, Ormax and Haraldir to see the gillwoman walk through the open doors.

The pony tries to kick her again as she passes.

Hoof vs Ulionestia: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 161d3 ⇒ 2

Ulionestia is kicked in the back, but she hustles to the east.

Everybody can now see. Heroes may go. MAP!

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 60/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Luisila gives Astyannax a loving, sisterly *smack* on the back of the head with an open palm.

“Guess who?”

She places a Bit of Luck on the cavalier.

For the next round, any time the funny dude rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result.

“Tell me, Ast … do you ever shut up? What say we try to kill something and take its stuff.” ;)

“What … she’s invisible now?”

“Badge, can you make your pony charge, overrun or knock down anything located between it and the east door?”

Luisila will then place both hands on the bar to help her jump over it.
Acrobatics +1 + GM’s helper??: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

If successful, she will recover her weapon-corded bow to hand as a swift action and continue moving to O20.

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Omrax tries to orient himself now that he can see. He will double move out the door (d15?) where he heard the splashes and looks for the other two gill men.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

What did Luisila mean by "she's invisible now?"

Turning at the smack to the back of his head. "Oh, Lu. Good to see you."

Ast who does NOT jump over bars takes a double move; first to J18, then to O20 or O19 if Lu gets there first.

So much for relaxing in a nice tavern


Luisila vaults the bar in pure 80's action movie style. She then swings her bow back into hand and precedes to the back of the bar. The priest is able to catch a glimpse of the gillwoman at a door.

Omrax goes outside onto the floating walkway. He sees two ripples within the water, but the gillmen dealers are gone.

Astyannax maneuvers around the bar and meets up with Luisila on the other side.

MAP!

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

EG: 1d20 ⇒ 19
EG: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Ezrek breaks free

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

If Ezrek breaks free on first try, he will move as fat as possible towards bar door.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Ezrek might move faster if he'd lay off the donuts....Typo joke.

Trying not to get tangled up with Luisila (hey, he didn't know it was her!) as they try to squeeze through the door and get by the pony, Ast pursues the bartender.

He says something soothing to the angelic pony as he hurries by

Hey, he's a good cavalier.

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Omrax will detect evil towards the ripples to see if he can detect any bad vibes. In the event they are just hanging out under the waterline. He is not even sure they were evil, but as he is in bandmail, he is about as likely to see rainbow colored ponies fly as he is to diving into the water after some gillmen.

"Inheritor...reveal my foes...."

perception: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 1 = 15


Still waiting on Badger & Haraldir, Omrax & Astyannax. Got a 'lil ahead of ourselves.

Ezrek breaks free from the webs and makes his way toward the bar door where Omrax is (J12).

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

I will go full defense and hold my ground


Badger, Boddyknock wrote:
I will go full defense and hold my ground

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.

Haraldir hops the bar and drops the caltrops on the counter like a bad tip. He pulls out his bow and reaches the door's edge. He releases one, final-resort arrow at the gillwoman at the door.

Arrow vs AC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d8 ⇒ 2

The arrow hits the meaty part of her back, but that doesn't slow her down.

Ulionestia opens the door. Before her is the piers edge and the open sea. She runs and jumps into the water. Ulionestia swims away as the sun sets to the west.

Realizing their adversaries have left along with most of the people in the tavern, Rees limps behind the bar and grabs a bottle of fine rum.

"Might as well, we got the place to ourselves. I typically like to get sauced up before I take it in the shorts."

He pulls out a number of glasses and fills them all up. He takes two shots before waving his hand over for those who wish a drink.

The sun still rises the next day. The heroes, when ready are able to find a ship back to Absalom. During the boat ride, Luisila is able to tend to the illness that has infected the party. The Pathfinders are met with disappointment upon their return to the Grand Lodge. Drandle Dreng admits that it wasn’t just the party who were duped. He says that the Decemvirate is not pleased, but places the blame more on himself than on the group. Drandle feels the Aspis Consortium was behind this affair, but doesn't have any solid proof to definitely say. He does reinforce that Aspis Consortium is the greatest threat to the Pathfinder Society and that they should be ever vigilant against the organization in their ongoing careers.

The End of First Steps, Part III : A Vision Of Betrayal

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

Ezrek bows his head in shame, vowing to himself to cut back on the pastries and work on his physical strength. Or at least get a potion that could help him break through webs.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax stood on the deck of the Absalom-bound ship.

I'll be mucking out stables for months after this one. Accolades are rare when "well, at least nobody died" is the positive view.

"Aroden, I won't give up."

He went below to see if he could win a few coins off of Omrax before they arrived home.

501 to 542 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] A Vision of Neb All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.