Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

[PFS] A Vision of Neb (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten

Dispatched on an envoy mission overland from Absalom to port city Escadar, you must weather the harsh wilderness of the Isle of Kortos before you can hope to meet with the representative of the elusive gillmen.


51 to 100 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Omrax will bow to the leaders and then hold the door when the party is ready to usher out on the trip to Grand Master Torch.

To no one in particular...

"Well, this ought to be interesting. If half of what I have heard about Grand Master Torch is true, I am not sure how well this meeting will go..."

He collects his remaining gear from the hall and falls into line with the rest...

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

I’m assuming Haraldir now has his bow

As the ranger pushes past her, Luisila spots the weapon hanging from his shoulder.

Holy Drone, the BOW as well!

One may be compensating, but two ... I see a pattern. I wonder how far it extends?

She tries to keep up with Haraldir and gently tap him on the shoulder, with the intention of not startling him.

Haraldir, sadly I know very little of your fair homeland of Rostland. I believe the Savored Sting may be known there or perhaps a little further to the south in the River Kingdoms. But I fear, trouble must loom large in its landscape based on the size of the weapons you carry

Do you indeed know the way to this Grand Master Torch fellow, Dreng spoke of?

I don’t think I recognise “Grand Master” as a rank in the Society

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL
Omrax the Bold wrote:

Omrax turns and greets each of the new arrivals in a warm fashion.

"Lady Luisila, welcome. It is always good to have the perspective of a lady in a group of brash men."

Bold Omrax, your gallantry reflects most favorably on your good self and the Inheritor you serve.

It's been a while since anyone's called me a lady, but you know what? I LIKE IT!

Do you know something of this man, Torch?

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

I believe Grandmaster Torch is the leader of the Shadow Lodge faction. The faction is still a part of the Society, but do not like how the Decemvirate treats Pathfinder agents. Ezrek pauses and seem to reflect for a moment.I just realized that we shall be on our mission during the Evoking Day Festival, I had so hoped to attend this year, it is something to see.


Lady Gloriana accepts Haraldir's assistance with a soft smile. It is the first time the group notices her smile, and it is a shame she does not do it more often. She rises off the bench in one graceful motion. She places her other hand on Haraldir's arm while not looking directly at him. Gloriana smells of honey and vanilla, not of some powerful poultice that masks the unwashed.

With relative easy, she manages the gait and speed in which Haraldir escorts her the door. She then turns to face Haraldir eye to eye. "It is good to see there are proper gentlemen among the Pathfinder rabble. May we meet again under more . . . comfortable circumstances." She then nods and takes leave of the group.

Haraldir:
After Lady Gloriana takes leave of you, you find a scrap of paper and small envelope within your palm. On the paper reads the following:

Dearest Pathfinders,
As you know, the people of Taldor share a proud history that traces their blood to the ancient Azlanti who founded our great nation.
I have a letter that I ask you to deliver to the gillman embassy in Escadar, so my request requires no additional effort on your part other than carrying a simple envelope and delivering it when you reach your final destination. I have no hesitation in telling you the letter asks the gillmen to consider an alliance with the nation of Taldor—if the letter finds its way into an influential gillman’s hands, it would please me greatly.

A new dawn will rise over Taldor,
Lady Gloriana Morilla

Dreng gives one last remark. "I'll have Rees meet you at the Gate tomorrow morning. Toodles." The party is able to gather their belongings and head off into the night towards the Puddles district.

Puddles Information:
Puddles always had a flooding problem in serious storms, and a few of its structures are old ships washed up onto dry land during particularly turbulent squalls. When the quake hit a decade ago, Puddles sank a few critical inches lower, and much of it flooded and stayed flooded. The center of the district is now a festering lake, and most businesses are calf-deep in water even at low tide. Those who could afford to relocate have moved on, leaving only the poor, dishonest, and bullheaded to make a damp existence in homes that are rotting from below. There are no surviving records to show who owns what, so some new residents have moved in simply to claim cheap buildings, no matter how badly f looded. Criminals, con men, and homeless f lock to Puddles, believing life there to be a better option than expulsion for vagrancy.

Haraldir leads the group through the rough-and-tumble, flooded streets of the Puddles. He stops at one sewer grate, opens it, gives an uncomfortable grin and heads into the sewers below. After traveling through winding passages of the Siphons, the group finds themselves before a metal door with a gruff looking half-orc standing in front of it. Haraldir throws some quick hand signals and with a grunt, the h'orc opens the door.

The party is taken to a large room that should have standing water through out it, but it does not. Even the air is drier here then elsewhere on Absolam.

In the center of the room is a dark-haired, burn-covered man in his late-middle years. He sits in a large bathtub as two scarred female attendants dressed in scraps of cloth continually pour cool milkly fluid over the man's cursed, festering wounds. The half-orc, with his greatsword, stands sentential near the exit.

The man in the tub stands up without any regard for modesty or clothing. Burns cover his entire body along with different degrees of boils and sores. "Well met, Pathfinders. I am Grand Master Torch. I know why you are here, but do you really know why you have come?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax stares at the horribly burned man standing in a bathtub in front of him.

Do you have to be abnormal to become a leader in the Society? What I go through for Aroden.

"I came because they told us you'd give us a map to help get us to Escadar. Of course, the Society NEVER tells operatives the whole story."

He shifts his eyes to the attendants, already having seen enough of Torch's body.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

*He says to grand master torch* "What do you mean?"

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

Ezrek steps forward, clearing his throat. I assume you mean, do we know we really understand the machinations of the Decemvirate? Most definitely not, but we swore an allegiance to the Society and our respective factions. It is not for us to question at this juncture. I for one am comfortable playing the pawn, but do not mistake that for walking blindly. I am aware that all is not what it may seem. Perhaps you could shed some light on the matter for us? Ezrek stares at Torch unaffected by his lack of modesty.

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Omrax is not sure what to think of such a man as the grandmaster. How is it possible he is even in the same Society? The sight of Torches' lack of honor and dignity is a stark contrast to everything Omrax has ever learned.

"If you have any additional wisdom or advice to share beyond the map, I am sure it will only add to the success of our mission and our Society...Sir.". That last word which usually is so easy to say almost sticks in his throat as he says it. Omrax is definitely a man in conflict...and at a loss for words.


Grandmaster Torch nods in agreement with Astyannax's remark. He steps out of the tub complete onto the stone floor. He raises his left hand and the woman on his left, a blonde, beckons to his call. She starts to dress him in a toga like fashion. He begins to speak in high pitched voice as if he recently swallowed a hot potato.

"Ahhh, I see you have survived as the Decemvirate’s pawns thus far, and for that I commend you. This next task they have for you is more dangerous than the venture-captain may have told you, so let me give you a word of warning. I have made it my life’s work to ensure Pathfinder agents are given all the tools they need to return home from their myriad adventures, and this map is the tool I give you."

Grandmaster Torch raises his right hand, and the dark-skinned woman over his right shoulder, walks over to a near-by table. She retrieves a piece of parchment and presents the map to the group. She holds it out, with her head down for anybody to take.

"Follow the directions on my map as strictly as you can. Deviate from this path and you may encounter challenges far beyond your abilities. Many would paint me and those who believe like I do as betrayers of the Society, but it is the corps of the organization that I am completely loyal to. Each and every one of you."

After the blonde woman is finished dressing Grandmaster Torch, she pours wine into a goblet and places in his outstretched, waiting hand.

“If you believe you have been mistreated by the Ten or their representatives, don’t hesitate to let me know upon your return from Escadar. My network of agents and spies is vast, and I am a powerful ally to have on your side.

”Now be off. You have a long journey ahead of you. And remember, don’t deviate from this map—it’s designed to get you there and back safely!”

Grandmaster Torch takes a long drink from his goblet. Wine spills out of his mouth, down his chin and chest. The blonde is quick dab the spittle dry after Torch finishes his cup.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

"thank you, venture captain torch" *he nods in amost an agreeing way*


Grandmaster Torch just sneers at Boddyknock as if the gnome just called him a horrible name.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

"pardon me... Grandmaster torch..."

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Luisila stands with the others before Grandmaster Torch.

Did the VC really describe Hot Stuff here as being COOL?

(For Everyone) She wracks her brain ... and eventually:
Nebten wrote: ... meet with information broker Grandmaster Torch. Don't worry, he's cool.

Ah Dear Strangle, that man surely takes the cake!

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Luisila composes her features into a mask of neutrality.
Time to go earn it now.

I have heard of games where pawns are raised as high as royalty upon attaining certain positions – though I will concede many are sacrificed and only a few prevail.

In order to do so, they must only advance amongst other, more superior pieces ...

Careful, girl – don’t lay it on too thickly – this one I sense, is the real deal.

... with only the slightest inkling of some even higher, ineffable controlling force.

As I have said many times to my ‘infallible’ superiors, (occasionally at my peril!) people are not playing pieces you can move around whenever the whim strikes you. Indeed, you must be careful when you put your fingers on a pawn - because some of them bite!

But please, Grandmaster Torch, as I believe your motives are sound, if you have any further information that may help us as individual agents – I for one ... like most of my race ... am all ears.

The elf woman makes this speech with no trace of disrespect or sarcasm.
It is certainly not because she pities his appearance (she does not!) for Luisila sees almost as bad on a regular basis – Calistrian mission work in the slums of Absalom is not for the squeamish.

The reason for her respect is purely professional. She has come into contact with many middle-aged men who have obviously been impacted by the *full force of life* and come out the other side. She believes she has picked up a number of what she calls ‘germs’ of wisdom (sometimes from surprising sources) by simply listening to (and sifting through) what men say, when they are discussing their passions or what motivates them.

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

Ezrek walks over and accepts the map. He studies it for a time, apparently trying to memorize. He than walks over and hands it to Haraldir. I think Master Ranger that you will make the best use of this.

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

After Grandmaster Torch's comments, Omrax bows in respect to him and his attendants and prepares to leave with the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax listens closely to Torch's words. He would certainly have some knowledge of The Shadow Lodge, though not of its inner workings.

That seemed pretty direct.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"Harldir, you're our guide. Take the map."

Following Luisila's speech, She certainly does talk a lot!"


Astyannax:
You believe GM Torch is telling the truth.

In response to Luisila, Grandmaster Torch gives a wheezing chuckle.

"Even a pawn, in the right position, can become invaluable and threatening. So this is my advice is that when dealing with the Pathfinder Society: position yourself to be irreplaceable. You do not need to be a sacrifice for some a greater goal."

Grandmaster Torch takes a smaller, more graceful drink from his goblet before continuing.

"As for this mission, all I can say is that these developments came up abruptly. When a barrier presents itself, I've always found information can eases the passage. Learn from the challenges you may encounter on your journey. Otherwise, I'm sure there isn't much more I can tell you that you don't already know."

Grandmaster Torch brings the goblet up to his mouth while with his off hand gives a dismissive gesture. The half-orc opens the metal door to signal the party's departure.

If there is nothing else, the group will be able to make it back to surface level without any complications. The party can spend the night gathering any supplies they may want to get in the morning. You can also continue any conversations you wish to each other. Once a character is ready for the next day, go ahead and let me know. I will wait to move onto the next day once everybody is ready.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

I am actually ready for the next day and have nothing really to add to conversation :p

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

Ezrek turns to the others. I have a few items to add to my gear. I will leave you now and meet you in the morn.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

*badger nods at him as he leaves*

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Astyannax calls out as Ezrek heads out the door.

"We'll meet at the front gate of the Lodge at sunrise."

He looks about.

"I only had a short look at the map, but I take it we'll be riding tomorrow morning?"

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12

Ezrek spends some time purchasing some last minute gear. He then returns to his room, spending some time sharpening his dagger and meditating on his spells. He awakes the next morning refreshed and makes his way to the gate to meet the others.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

*badger arrives on his eidolon the next morn refreshed*
"Is everyone ready?"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Luisila turns to the tall half-elf.

I can’t wait to see this man in action.

Omrax, a word with you before I have to go spend some time on my knees.

Your name sounds fair to my ear, ser. If I may be so *ahem* bold, whyfor are you called?

Isn’t there some vile servant of foul Jubilex with a similar name... Nah, our Omrax is way too firm. What was that thing called?

Knowledge [Planes] (can't do untrained) 0d20 ⇒ (-) = 0.

Should have paid more attention in those classes - at least Nocticula and her brother were interesting.

There was also that apothecary who claimed to have a drug that straightened a drone’s stinger. Was it called Omrax?

She looks hard at the paladin.

It’s certainly possible!

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

After buying any last minute items ...

As per GM Neb’s ruling in the discussion thread

Luisila will spend some time praying to her goddess for wisdom and courage before going to sleep.

She arrives at the gate refreshed and looking forward to the challenge.

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

"Lady Luisila, my name? I honestly do not know. I asked in the temple and they said It was the name of a warrior of the Inheritor a century ago. On my first mission assaulting a fortress, my instructor nicknamed me 'bold one' and said I was too quick to rush to battle and unless I grew in wisdom by observing others, I would not last a year in the Society. I swore on my sword to prove them wrong."

Omrax bows to her, thinking maybe he said too much and looked for a way to change the subject...

"Sir Haraldir, from the map can you tell how far we will travel? Need to ensure we have enough ratios, and gear if we need to cross rivers or climb etc."

Omrax will take a look and will buy some extra rope, bedroll, tinder twigs, and rations for the journey. If the trail crosses dense woods he may get a machete or pitons if climbing. This is his first mission beyond sight of the city and he wants to be prepared.

Otherwise ready.


Haraldir gave a brief account of his actions to me. I'll post them here for him in more detail.

Haraldir is able to lead the group out of the Puddles district. As they make their way through the watery walk ways, a cadre singing hymns echo through out the borough. He produces the map for anybody to look at.

In response to Omrax's question, "I can't tell how far it is, but I would prepare for a week of travel. Bring your own food & water too. Living off the land might slow us down too much. It looks like we go through woods and the Kortos Mounts. If this route follows a trail, we shouldn't need any special gear. After that last remark, Haraldir gives a nervous laugh. He then excuses himself to get some rest.

Currently I have everybody but Astyannax marked as ready.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

"so should we go get food?"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Luisila decides to strike up a conversation with Ezrek while waiting.

**Warning** May be long and include attempts at humor

Ezrek, by this Evoking Day Festival, you are referring to the holiday dedicated to the arcane and sacred to the god of magic, no doubt?

If you are a practitioner yourself and a follower of the god of ... tough love, perhaps there is something you could clear up for me? It’s been bugging me for some time.

It’s no secret I’m sure, that attracting converts is a part of a junior priest’s duties. No? Well, one day I was engaged in discourse with a visiting student from a large magical academy located in the Varisian city of Korvosa. Said youth was trying to impress me with the names of some of the spells he claimed to have learnt. (To this day, I am pretty sure his motives were not entirely pure). *taps her nose*

Then he said the name of a spell that left me speechless ...
Well for 10 seconds at least.

Here (I thought) was the name of an arcane spell that with the guidance and blessing of the Goddess (praise Her honeyed thighs) might fall within Her Domain and perhaps be used to introduce more arcane devotees to Her Charms.

As we are always being encouraged to be ‘innovative’ and ‘entrepreneurial’ I immediately took my suggestion to my supervising sister, unfortunately interrupting her with her Starday midday regular, (even though it was two in the morning on Toilday!) an Archlord of Nex, who quite likes to pop in at other times as well.

When I told her of my suggestion, she first thought I had drunk too much mead (pfft! – a gallon is not that much) – then she called me Dense! Dense, mind you! Like ... of low ... like intelligence even.

When I threatened to go over her head, she had me bound hand-and-foot and whipped – and after that she punished me!

So my question to you Ezrek is, what is so offensive about the spell ...

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Haladir, thank-you for those words of wisdom. I intend to take your words to heart.

What will this man born to the wilderness think of me, if I tell him I have never even been camping before?

To Badger kindly: It seems we shall need extra, my friend. I know a good place to get supplies, anyone is free to join me, but a refusal will certainly not offend. She smiles.

Then another thought strikes her, like a blow ...

This is actually it – it’s not one of Valsin’s training runs. Our own preparation and luck over the next week or so may well determine whether or not our destiny lies in the belly of some fantastic beast.

There’s one last thing I should definitely to do ...

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Luisila steps through the doorway of the once familiar store that was her home in a previous life. She believes she has received a fair deal from the ‘new’ management (who have run the place for over fifty years), but certainly no special deals.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Still haven’t attended to all my book keeping – but I will do

After visiting the Temple and kissing the high priestess’ ring for perhaps the final time ...

Can I take 10 on Diplomacy? Otherwise ...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

She is surprised to receive a note from the woman, indicating the name of a local horse trading operation ‘Hackamore House’ and directions to get there.

Luisila (eventually) ... Knowledge [Local]: 0d20 ⇒ (-) = 0...arrives at the horse traders, openly drooling over the various mounts she probably needs but cannot afford.

Strangle said a Pathfinder is resourceful. Guess I’ll have to try using the assets the Goddess has endowed me with.

Dealers in horse flesh surely know something of the wilds of our island home.

Maybe if I can find the owner and engage him/her/it in conversation I may yet be rewarded, maybe not with a mount but perhaps with some more information that may come in handy.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Though I am relatively unskilled in the more intellectual fields, I have been told I’m not too bad with my tongue.

Qadira

AC25/T18/F20/CMD29||HP119[100]|F:+13;R:+15;W+7|Percept.+16(+22 trapspotter)|Init.+5 Human Alchemist (Cryptbreaker) 12
Luisila wrote:

Luisila decides to strike up a conversation with Ezrek while waiting.

**Warning** May be long and include attempts at humor

Ezrek, by this Evoking Day Festival, you are referring to the holiday dedicated to the arcane and sacred to the god of magic, no doubt?

If you are a practitioner yourself and a follower of the god of ... tough love, perhaps there is something you could clear up for me? It’s been bugging me for some time.

It’s no secret I’m sure, that attracting converts is a part of a junior priest’s duties. No? Well, one day I was engaged in discourse with a visiting student from a large magical academy located in the Varisian city of Korvosa. Said youth was trying to impress me with the names of some of the spells he claimed to have learnt. (To this day, I am pretty sure his motives were not entirely pure). *taps her nose*

Then he said the name of a spell that left me speechless ...
Well for 10 seconds at least.

Here (I thought) was the name of an arcane spell that with the guidance and blessing of the Goddess (praise Her honeyed thighs) might fall within Her Domain and perhaps be used to introduce more arcane devotees to Her Charms.

As we are always being encouraged to be ‘innovative’ and ‘entrepreneurial’ I immediately took my suggestion to my supervising sister, unfortunately interrupting her with her Starday midday regular, (even though it was two in the morning on Toilday!) an Archlord of Nex, who quite likes to pop in at other times as well.

When I told her of my suggestion, she first thought I had drunk too much mead (pfft! – a gallon is not that much) – then she called me Dense! Dense, mind you! Like ... of low ... like intelligence even.

When I threatened to go over her head, she had me bound hand-and-foot and whipped – and after that she punished me!

So my question to you Ezrek is, what is so offensive about the spell ... [spoiler=My...

Ezrek cocks his head, confusion on his face. I am not sure I am familiar with that spell He pauses to think.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

A faint smile crosses his face. I believe, Mistress that perhaps you misheard, I believe the spell you refer to is Mage's Lucubration, it is a spell that lets a magic-user recall another spell that has already been spent from the arcanist's memory. I'm quite sure that is the spell to which you refer.


Luisila finds her way to Hackamore House at the end of a cul-de-sac. A series of stalls for steeds of all kind can be found along with a number of crafters with their shops.

As the cleric browses the wares, a creature of legend comes out of one of the stalls. A centaur, a female at that, trots up to Luisila. The centaur's long hair is that of chestnut styled in a french braid. She wipes her hands on her leather jerkin.

"Greeting, m'lady. Have you come for a mount or carriage? We offer traditional or side-saddles as well, depending on your preference."

General information Hacamore House:

This information has no bearing on the game, I just thought it was interesting.

Operated by its owner Aetris Thunderhoof (a centaur), and her paramour Glenair of House Jefreet (a shapeshifting druid born in Diobel), this is the premier steed and carriage shop in Absalom. Aetris arrived in Absalom penniless, took over a failing cul-de-sac of businesses selling meat and leather, and managed to convert it to its current purpose. Once an open-air market, she has sectioned the massive wooden storage bays and tent roof into a series of stalls for steeds of all kind, and brought several independent crafters to set up their shops under her aegis. Thus, any needed steed, gear, or wheeled transport is likely already available, and if not can be designed and ordered from her single location. Aetris even allows other centaurs to be shod in her establishment, though she requires they be muzzled the entire time they are on her grounds. This last point is nonnegotiable, and the only troubles Aetris has ever had with the Token Guards has always involved a centaur refusing to put up with such treatment, and Aetris violent response to any attempt at an exception

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

How do you get the green ‘skill words’ in front of the dice roller? Could somebody please let me know in Discussion?

To Ezrek: Ah .... I see, thank-you very much, my lord.

Intelligence: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

She actually does!

*Sighs* Seems I shall have to find another way to convince talented mages of the advantages of the Savored Sting ... *Winks at Ezrek*

Shouldn’t be too hard. Everyone knows ... Nethys sucks Nooooo! Tell me I didn’t say that out loud – quickly now most of you in ... GAAAH! Worse! I mean sucks most of you up, UP I say out of reach of the rest of the pantheon, like water No, something more valuable! Like gold I mean Hang on, gold’s a solid. molten gold into the miserly bath of the Master of the First Vault.

*Phew* Think I got away with it ...

Hang on a minute.

Wisdom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

*Thinks of each of her companions in turn*

Calistria, Desna, NETHYS, Iomedae, Iomedae ... GAAAH! Calistria hear your servant's prayer, PLEASE don’t let Badger be a follower of Abadar.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

Sorry missed the post where she mentioned me
"I will be happy to join you"
*Badger walks in just behind her*

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1
Luisila wrote:

How do you get the green ‘skill words’ in front of the dice roller? Could somebody please let me know in Discussion?

To Ezrek: Ah .... I see, thank-you very much, my lord.

Intelligence: 1d20 -1

She actually does!

*Sighs* Seems I shall have to find another way to convince talented mages of the advantages of the Savored Sting ... *Winks at Ezrek*

Shouldn’t be too hard. Everyone knows ... Nethys sucks Nooooo! Tell me I didn’t say that out loud – quickly now most of you in ... GAAAH! Worse! I mean sucks most of you up, UP I say out of reach of the rest of the pantheon, like water No, something more valuable! Like gold I mean Hang on, gold’s a solid. liquid gold into the miserly bath of the Master of the First Vault.

*Phew* Think I got away with it ...

Hang on a minute.

Wisdom: 1d20 +2

*Thinks of each of her companions in turn*

Calistria, Desna, NETHYS, Iomedae, Iomedae ... GAAAH! Calistria hear your servant's prayer, PLEASE don’t let Badger be a follower of Abadar.

Crap sorry too late i suppose. I have been watching the thread but i didnt see where she invited me until just now lol. But it looks like she is already praying about me :P even though i should be standing next to her 0_o might be a little awkward for him to hear lol

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL
Quote:

Crap sorry too late i suppose. I have been watching the thread but i didnt see where she invited me until just now lol. But it looks like she is already praying about me :P even though i should be standing next to her 0_o might be a little awkward for him to hear lol

Hey Badger (and anyone else) no problem just join me at Hackamore's - I am pretty sure GM Neb will be able to retcon you in no problem.


If Badger or anybody else wants to be there, that is fine. I'm just 'killin' time until I have everybody on board. I don't want to drag this out with side adventures.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Luisila curtsies low to the centaur woman. Her holy symbol to the goddess of lust, vengeance and trickery is completely out of sight.

Here goes nothing. Hey, what’s the worst that can happen, I get stomped by this sixteen hander and thrown out in the street ... she sells used horses for a living ... con like this should be easy!

I’m Aspis! Luisila hisses under her breath all-the-while smiling and gesturing like a normal customer would. Senior bronze ... in fact she winces as if in pain. I’ve recently been passed over for Silver and so you’d be right in thinking revenge is my motivation for coming to you today with a warning.

Keep acting normally – anyone could be watching.

“So the leather is soft enough that you’ve never had a customer develop saddle sores? Well, well, well.”

... and of course no names – for I was never here.

There has been a recent change near the top of our organization – an inquisitor of Abadar, now controls our operations around the Inner Sea, and a right inflexible cove he is. The current bee in his bonnet involves monopolies – those the Consortium doesn’t control, of course. Monopolies like yours – transport in the largest city in the Inner Sea – I mean the size of the existing market is immense let alone the upside that comes from your location at the centre of the world!

“Yes I’ve heard she’s great as well ... *snaps fingers* Katerina is her name, originally from frigid Iobaria ... sure if you’re interested I could introduce you."

Come on, you must have known this day would come – the Aspis smells opportunity ... and they don’t like competition ...

“Yes, I just adore Axebeaks! I’m surprised no one has put some in a play!”

I have a feel for the machinations inside the city limits, but I am largely ignorant of the rest of the island. You are of the wilderness yourself, are you not? Can you tell me of any doings amongst any factions outside the city itself? Has anything changed there that means the plan might have been stepped up? Anything you might tell me could be useful. Anything at all!

“No you might say being bow-legged is the normal state of affairs for me.”

Now I must take my leave.

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

GM Neb:
Wasn't this a good idea? Oh please be gentle.


Aetris looks at Luisila with wild bewilderment. A few times during the cleric's speech she almost rears up. In the end she simply says, "Yes, yes I think you should leave."

Aetris then stands and stares Luisila off her property.

OK, still waiting on Astyannax. We'll just stay with everybody talking among themselves while we wait.

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1
Nebten wrote:

Aetris looks at Luisila with wild bewilderment. A few times during the cleric's speech she almost rears up. In the end she simply says, "Yes, yes I think you should leave."

Aetris then stands and stares Luisila off her property.

OK, still waiting on Astyannax. We'll just stay with everybody talking among themselves while we wait.

[ooc]ok no problem[ooc]

Andoran

Male Half Elf - AC24() T12/F23/CMD19| Hp60/60 | Fort:+14;Ref:+10;Will+11 |Percept.+4| Init.+3. { } Paladin 7 (smite 0/3 used. Hands 3d6 5/10 used)

Omrax arrives to the stables late...maybe just in time to see Lady Luisils run off the property. He is interested in a sturdy pack mule that can help transport food and gear for a trek. Normal prices are 8gp, which he gladly pays. If prices are much higher he will try to negotiate.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

"A pleasure doing business with you indeed."

When he catches up with the group...

"You were right Lady Luisila, the centaur runs a fine establishment."


Omrax is able to get a mule for standard price. He'll also need to get pack saddle to make it worth while, 5 gp. I'm going to continue on.

The sun begins to rise over Southgrove to the east as the Pathfinders begin to gather at the Grand Lodge's Main Gate.

Gate History:
Though popular sentiment in Absalom maintains that an organization as powerful as the Pathfinders must have numerous magical portals and secret tunnels running out of the compound through their famous Vaults, the only official entrance to the Grand Lodge is the main gate. Here, a break in the lodge's austere walls holds two doors of steel beneath an arch bearing the Glyph of the Open Road. Though the gate has never been closed in resent memory, a cursory guard is still maintained, usually consisting of initiates or Pathfinders working off debts to the Society.

Beyond the gate, the wide stone path of the Grand Promenade leads straight to the steps of Skyreach. On either side, the 50-foot-wide walkway is lined with its famous rows of phoenix trees. Brought back by a druidic member from an excursion to the Far East, these orange-leaved trees thrive all winter, bursting with color. When summer comes, their leaves dry out to the point where even the friction of rustling in the wind can set them ablaze, limning the path with sporadic flame and preparing the flame-retardant branches for new growth.

Waiting at the gate a is man of Garundi descent who walks with a snake headed cane and outfitted with only a backpack.

"Well Met. My name is Nestor Rees. I hoped you all packed light."

He looks over the group and sees that half the group is in encumbering armor. Rees lets out a small sigh.

To Astyannax "Do you always ride bare-back? I would have recommend the lady ride with you, but that would make for a pair of bruised Pathfinders by the end of the day."

Turning back to everybody else with a calming smile, "Load what you can on the mule. Excellent idea by the way. I am ready to go when you all are."

Andoran

Male Gnome Summoner 1

*badger should have arrived on his lizard eidolon*
"I seem to have my transportation in order"

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL
Omrax the Bold wrote:

Omrax arrives to the stables late...maybe just in time to see Lady Luisils run off the property. He is interested in a sturdy pack mule that can help transport food and gear for a trek. Normal prices are 8gp, which he gladly pays. If prices are much higher he will try to negotiate.

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+11

"A pleasure doing business with you indeed."

When he catches up with the group...

"You were right Lady Luisila, the centaur runs a fine establishment."

Luisila look suspiciously over the top of her new smoked goggles. Her features begin to furrow ... but instead break into a broad smile.

Good Omrax, if it pleases you, pray repeat your last aside.

You would be surprised how seldom I hear the words: ‘Luisila, you were right!’

Grand Lodge

Male Human Cavalier (Order of the Star)/1

Apparently I forget to put my horse gear on the sheet when I did my PF alias sheet: We didn't use mounts in the first adventure. Oh well.

Bought a week of trail rations overnight.

Astyannax wears a scowl as he growls to Rees. "Someone 'helped' himself to my tack during the night."

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

Regarding Rees’ opening remarks: Who put this man in charge?

VERY pleasantly: Master Rees, and you, my name is Luisila, I have the honor to be a mortal representative of the Savored Sting.

I am also the party healer, and as such (unless you have special skills yourself) will probably be the first to your aid should the need arise over the next week or so <pauses> I do so hope we shall get along.

Grand Lodge

Female Half-elf Cleric 7 | HP 66/66 | AC 25(26) | T 16 | FF 21(22) | Fort +9 | Ref +8 | Will +10 (+12 vs enchant) | CMD 22 | Init +5 | Perc +17 | SM +4 | 0/5 Channels | 0/6 BoL

More naturally to Rees: I wanted to float to the group the idea of someone being your ... protege on the trip. I am happy to volunteer – however – I would like to be closer to the action, in the unlikely event those in the front rank need a small boost from my modest skills. I think it would be wiser for you to be towards the back – but I am but one of six ... or seven.

Credit where it’s due, Master Rees, I would welcome a chance to lighten my load.

However, may I demonstrate an alternative way of approaching the issue? Omrax or Badger, may I please impose upon you to carry my 24 lb backpack on your new friend?

51 to 100 of 542 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] A Vision of Neb All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.