Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

PFS: #9-03: On the Border of War [5-9]

Game Master R D


51 to 74 of 74 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 8 HP 52 | AC 20; Touch 13; FF 18 | F +5; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +6 Bard 8

"Yes as my friends said...what do you know about Hartsfall Keep?"

Sovereign Court

Male
Skills:
Acrobatics:+15;Local:+5;Disable Device:+18;Intimidate:+11;Stealth:+12;Bluff:+14
Human (Ulfen) Aldori Swashbuckler CL8 (HP:76/76)(AC:26 FF:20 T:17)(F:+6/ R:+12/ W:+4)(Init:+8)(Perception:+10)

A tad uncomfortable being back in the lands that took everything from his family Fenrik tries to recall what he knows about the Noble Houses...

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"Dont forget that the soldiers with yellow tabards wear the crest of House Orlovsky, while the soldiers in the dark tabards wear that of House Surtova. The disappearance of former ruling Brevic family, House Rogarvia, caused a massive divide between the remaining noble houses. Despite House Surtova’s previous favored status, Rogarvia loyalists now consider them usurpers. These loyalists include House Orlovsky, which is known for its staunch fealty." he reminds them trying to get them ready for the political intrigue they will face.

Once the group begins to engage persons of interest Fenrik keeps quiet knowing that his tongue is not dipped in honey like Mareqs but is dripped in acid to intimidate should that need arise.

Silver Crusade

Please know that there is at least one NPC in the scenario who cannot be influenced by diplomacy, no matter how high you roll.

"Hartsfall Keep was in ruins well before I drew my first breath. Its name refers to the prominent imagery of deer found throughout the rubble. Perhaps the original resident was a fellow hunter. Whoever he or she was, they must have met with poor luck. They say that the keep was built atop an ancient burial ground, which ultimately upset the dead and led to its fall. Rumor has it a secret chamber is hidden underneath the keep where the corpses of the angry spirits dwell."

"Many dangers lurk in the shadows of Hartsfall Keep. Reports speak of ghosts and monsters roaming through its remains. It has always been a place we locals avoid, but reports of strange activity increased in the wake of the Vanishing. People now claim to hear chanting echoing in the night. There are also curious foreigners about. They wear robes and keep one eye covered. They’re scaring the townsfolk with all their eccentric nonsense of rising dragons coming to devour us all. As for myself, I fear neither madman nor dragon; after all, Pharasma makes cradles for us all at some point."

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 4 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 55/55 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +10; R +5; W +8 | CMB+10; CMD 21 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +12 (1d10+8/15-20) | Perc +14

Harrow listens to the elf.

"Maybe all disappearing people hiding in secret place under keep," he muses. "But Harrow not want to be disappeared."

He asks the elf how much the juicy squirrel costs, tosses her the requisite gold, and begins to much on the squirrel-on-a-stick.

Should we move to the next person on the list?

Silver Crusade

Where to next?

Silver Crusade

Conveniently enough, as you finish up with the elf at the market, you espy a man who matches the description of Lander Lebeda. (Did any of you play Scenario #5–19: The Horn of Aroden with this character? If so, you get bonuses!)

Lander Lebeda is the heir of House Lebeda. He is a handsome young man in his late teens with shoulder length pale hair and a trimmed goatee. His clothing appears well tailored and made of fine material but practical and weatherworn. Lander carries himself with poised gallantry.

He is walking somewhat absently in the market reading a journal.

You may attempt a sense motive check on Lander. If you've played Horn of Aroden with the character you're playing now, other checks may be unnecessary, so I'm not going to post any further information just yet. The sense motive check is necessary.

Sovereign Court

Male
Skills:
Acrobatics:+15;Local:+5;Disable Device:+18;Intimidate:+11;Stealth:+12;Bluff:+14
Human (Ulfen) Aldori Swashbuckler CL8 (HP:76/76)(AC:26 FF:20 T:17)(F:+6/ R:+12/ W:+4)(Init:+8)(Perception:+10)

Fenrik watches the man as he goes about...

SM: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Fenrik did not play the Horn or Aroden


M Efreeti Eidolon 7 (HP 52/52; AC 25 / T 19 / FF 24; F +7, R +4, W +5; Init +1, Perception +8, Darkvision 60') [dice=Power Attack]1d20+13[/dice] [dice=Slashing dmg]2d6+17[/dice] [dice=Fire dmg]1d6[/dice] [dice=Bleed]1d6 [/dice]

Husarq wonders what the young man approaching is thinking...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Husarq and Mareq did not play The Horn of Aroden.

Silver Crusade

It is obvious to Fenrik and Husarq that Lander has a crush on someone.

A quick peek at his journal shows that it's filled with poetry.

You can tell that he's "stuck" on how to express himself to the object of his affection. Perhaps if you could help him with his chosen mode of self-expression, he might be able to provide you with some information.

If you wish, you may use Perform (Oratory) or something similar to help him with his poetry. He may already be friendly to you (depending on Horn of Aroden) so Diplomacy may be superfluous. He's a young man in love; that's the only thing on his mind.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 8 HP 52 | AC 20; Touch 13; FF 18 | F +5; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +6 Bard 8

"Not bad perhaps a tweak"

perform oratory: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Silver Crusade

Lander seems surprised at Kelson's interjection. "Oh! Pardon me, I didn't see you there. Was I reading aloud, again?"

His cheeks flush out of embarrassment, and he tucks the journal quickly behind his back. "It's just some amateur poetry. A hobby you see..."

He considers Kelson's suggestion for a moment, "Though... You're absolutely right. It would be the perfect word to rhyme with 'vest'..."

He brings the journal back up and scribbles into it.

He pauses again to ask: "Sir, do you have any suggestions for something to rhyme with 'glass'?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Oracle of Life (Spirit Guide) 7 - HP 53/53, AC 21/T: 14/FF:18 - Perception +2 - F: +6*/ R: +7* / W: +7* - CMB: +3 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30, Init. +3

Berosius blushes as a rhyme comes immediately to mind, but says nothing.

Silver Crusade

Just for fun... Since Harrow said we could bot him...

One of Berosius' spirits whispers a suggestion into the half-orc's ear. He blurts it out.

Aid Another: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Lander exclaims: "Of course! How could I not see that: I raise a glass to the most beautiful lass..." Oh, thank you sir!

Random passersby roll their eyes at the young man's romantic poetry. One woman smacks her husband's arm: "Hush, you! I think it's sweet. At least he tries!"

The man whispers into her ear something that rhymes with glass.

She smacks him again. "Jerk."

He smiles and replies, "Yes, dear. So... you wanna try that?"

She smiles too and says, "After we put away the groceries!" They both pick up the pace of their walking.

Silver Crusade

I'll presume that none of you have played The Horn of Aroden with this character.

Lander scribbles some more into his journal. After a few moments, he looks up at the party. Noting the interesting makeup of your group, he raises an eyebrow and says, "Are you Pathfinders?"

At least one of you nods.

"Seeing Pathfinders here bolsters my hope for a peaceful resolution!"

"The Orlovskys and Surtovas are obstinate as only Issians can be, I'm afraid. I’ve been here a week now working alongside the clerics of Abadar to help end this feud, but neither side will budge. Sylvanna is a childhood friend and I know how much this land means to her. She used to visit a lot with her father when she was young. He told her tales about the glory of their family’s legacy and cast her little eagle figurine out of copper mined from these hills. When her father passed away, she fell into despair. Then she lost her cherished token when we were playing together outside of Hartsfall Keep. This place holds a lot of memories for her, so you can see why she’s so protective of it. Unfortunately, the significance this place holds for her is clouding her judgment."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 8 HP 52 | AC 20; Touch 13; FF 18 | F +5; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +6 Bard 8

"I can see. This place would probably do that." Kelson thinks for a moment " What does Sylvanna think of the the future? How does see see the feud ending? And what of the clerics? What are their thoughts."

Sovereign Court

Male
Skills:
Acrobatics:+15;Local:+5;Disable Device:+18;Intimidate:+11;Stealth:+12;Bluff:+14
Human (Ulfen) Aldori Swashbuckler CL8 (HP:76/76)(AC:26 FF:20 T:17)(F:+6/ R:+12/ W:+4)(Init:+8)(Perception:+10)

Fenrik gives his companions a look as if asking 'how much do we tell this fop?'

"You could try crass..." Fenrik remarks looking at Hollow as he says it...

Silver Crusade

"The Church of Abadar think that feuds are disruptive for business. And they're right."

"Sylvanna wants what's best for this land. But she can't see Orlovskys and Surtovas working together. She thinks that only her House should be in charge here."

Silver Crusade

Remember the amorous couple rushing home to put away their groceries? Well, about 30 yards from where you stand, there's a bit of a ruckus. At the same time that Lander shared his information, the couple had been approached by a woman dressed in a shabby robe with a filthy bandage covering one eye.

...

"Oh, beautiful miss. Let me tell you your fortune. Let Tarn show you what is to come," the strangely dressed woman says in a voice that sounds tired and rough--as though she has smoked 3 packs a day, every single day, for the last 12 years.

"Oh, no thank you. My husband and I need to put away our groceries and..."

The strange woman interrupts, "Aha! I thought I sensed new life in you! You are with child aren't you?"

The young woman blushes, "Please ma'am. I haven't even told my husband yet."

The man drops a bag of groceries. "You're... You're..."

The strange woman interjects: "Mmm... Because it is not his! You shall bear a bastard child!"

A kerfuffle ensues between husband and wife.

...

The strange woman moves on. 30 more yards away from your position, she delivers yet another ominous portent to someone in the market. "Tarn sees doom in your future! Dooooom!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 8 HP 52 | AC 20; Touch 13; FF 18 | F +5; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +6 Bard 8

Kelson hurries after her. "Tarn what shape does this doom come in? War? Famine?"

Sovereign Court

Male
Skills:
Acrobatics:+15;Local:+5;Disable Device:+18;Intimidate:+11;Stealth:+12;Bluff:+14
Human (Ulfen) Aldori Swashbuckler CL8 (HP:76/76)(AC:26 FF:20 T:17)(F:+6/ R:+12/ W:+4)(Init:+8)(Perception:+10)

"Feel sorry for that man... better to stay single nowadays."

Silver Crusade

Kelson Bard character wrote:
Kelson hurries after her. "Tarn what shape does this doom come in? War? Famine?"

At Kelson's words, Tarn spins around. When she espies him, she gasps: "You should leave while you can. This land is doomed and will soon fall. The second dragon will awaken and rain fire from the skies. Bone will fill rivers and ash will smother crops. The portents of the past speak true to this day. Retreat now or resign to drown under the weight of your own blood."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 8 HP 52 | AC 20; Touch 13; FF 18 | F +5; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Stealth: +6 Bard 8

"What was the first dragon? What is the second?"

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Zaxxle hurries to her master.

What dragon is she talking about?

Silver Crusade

"Your future is veerrrryy hazy. Perhaps a small donation would appease the spirits? I could offer you a portent for a mere 5 GP."

51 to 74 of 74 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS: #9-03: On the Border of War [5-9] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.