Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 8-04 Wardens of Sulfur Gulch by GM Upaynao

Game Master Upaynao

Gojan the Sharp's Notes
Xol-Nomag
The Approach to Sulfur Gulch
Storage Area
Core facilities


1 to 50 of 414 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

The clanging of the forge underneath creates a backdrop that masks outside conversation from being overheard in Venture-Captain Smine's covert lodge in Tymon, and vice-versa. There you lounge about, waiting for your imminent briefing.

Dot away and begin the RP! Session begins on August the 6th! Also, I'll be at Gen Con, so expect an entire week of practically nothing.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

Seated before you, scribbling away furiously on a sheet of vellum with a goose quill is a muscular young woman, with her tongue protruding from the side of her mouth.

30 Erastus, 4817:

Retiarius e Pesce Taverna
Tymon
River Kingdoms

Hellknight Signifier Abraxia Sambos, Companion of the Order of the Gate (COG)
Malagard Glasya Moloch Legion
Citadel Enferac, Western Menador Mountains
Cheliax 666 666

Dear Abraxia (and Hi Official Order of the Gate censors! Hope you enjoyed the vino I sent Abraxia for Crystalhue ♡ ;)

Ciao! How are you? I am on vacation in the quaint rural backwater of Tymon, in the River Kingdoms!

I know what you’re thinking. Strange place for a vacation, right? Well not if you’re into gladiatorial festivals! Tymon is surprisingly docile. Weapons are invariably peace-bonded, there is a lack of muscle-flexing machismo in the streets—even public disputes are scarcer than in metropolises like Absalom or Katheer.

No need for Hellknights here, Signifier. No ma’am! The rule of law is strong, or maybe violent urges are simply sated vicariously in the famed Arena of Aroden? My Grand Lodge roomie Luisila captured some river pirates here a few years ago. The Overlord – called the Champion – executed them by having them fight naked against a gelatinous cube in a Public Trial. The Tymonese could teach you Gaties a thing or two about punishment! ;)

Speaking of Katheer, I’ve just come back from a wedding in Qadira’s capital. And no, Abraxia. It WASN’T mine ;) A River Kingdom Pathfinder married into a well to-do Qadiran mercantile family. I was a part of the team providing security. They had non-lethal gladiatorial games, but sadly I got knocked out in the second round. But man, the wealth on display was incredible! Mwangi beasts, Galtan bubbly, even tiny black fish eggs from Brevoy! But the reception really went off when the lions were released from their cages!

Got to slaughter my first critically endangered animal though, which was pretty cool!

Anyway our investigation into the people behind the trouble at the wedding led to a hidden cult of devil worshipping slavers in the city. I got to burn down a warehouse and shotput the head of an idol through a wall. Uh … even though you guys are called Hellknights, you actually hate devils, right? I’ve never really understood that …

Anyway I got thrown in jail – they take property damage pretty seriously in Katheer. But managed to talk my way out of trouble at trial – turns out I’m quite the eloquent speaker! I’m sure you’re not surprised ;)

So after all that was over, the team were assigned to escort the happy couple home, and so here I am at liberty in the River Kingdoms! I’ve actually been here before, pirate hunting near the Echo Wood. The Emerald Spire is around there somewhere, but I’ve never seen it. The nearest town, Fort Inevitable is ruled by some real douche-bags. They’ve got some ridiculous sounding name, which will take me a moment to remember … Oh yeah, Hellknights! ;)

Anyway, I’m off to see some blood get spilt. Be good and try not to let common sense and decency get in the way of carrying out your orders! Oh and say ‘hi’ to Manius for me!

Eadie xx

As she looks up to smile a greeting, you notice piercing sapphire-blue eyes staring out at you from beneath her mousey hair.

The female wears a hauberk fitted with cotton padding, of the type commonly worn under full plate armor. A cold iron morning star lies on the table she works at, within easy reach of her right hand.

“Hi, I’m Eadie. What’s your name?”

Grand Lodge

Female LN Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade & Noble Fencer) 3 / Investigator (Sleuth) 4 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 22 (T 17, FF 16, +1 vs traps) | CMB: +4, CMD: 20 (+1 vs grapple) | F: +3, R: +13, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +16+1d6, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/5, Inspiration 4/6; Active conditions: None

Striding up to Eadie’s table, the half-elven woman extends her hand in greeting, ”Hi Eadie, I’m Amestra. Pleasure to meet you.”

”Interesting group we’ve got today, eh?” she comments, while scanning the room. Her gray eyes are hidden somewhat beneath the brim of the distinct hat cut in a Leipstadt style, but they take note of every detail of the room and its other occupants. As she does so, she absentmindedly fingers the bright blue scarf wrapped around her left wrist.

”Not to be nosy, but that’s quite the letter you’re writing,” she says. ”I should write my mentor back in Erages more often, but, well.…” she continues, letting the words trail off.

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
| AC 12, T 12, FF 12 |HP: 50/50 | F +3, R +2, W +6 (+7 vs MA, +3 vs divine spells, +2 vs divine SLAs/death/energy drain/negative energy/Necromancy) | Init 0, Perc -1 |CMB +3, CMD 13 | 10/10 Sacrificial Boons

Sitting across the table is none other than "The Amazing" Vanzetti, renowned Andoran actor and magician, instantly recognizable by his intense fuschia eyes and jewel-encrusted mask, its mouth frozen in an enigmatic smile.

If you want to make a Knowledge (Local) check to know about ME, make it and I'll tell you what's worth knowing based on your roll.

At the moment, he appears to be deeply engaged in a thick book he obviously, and audibly, finds very amusing.

Perception DC 12:
It's a book of prayers and theology.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

“And you, Amestra.”

Amestra wrote:
”Interesting group we’ve got today, eh?”

The warrior puts down her quill and scans the room taking in the gaudy ex-Razmiran priest, the stern arrow ace, who would look at home drifting along the Mana Waste plains and the quiet Tian-Shu investigator.

She smiles. “I dunno, Amestra. They look like a pretty regular group of Pathfinders to me.” <giggle>

Amestra wrote:
”Not to be nosy, but that’s quite the letter you’re writing,”

“I like writing. It gives me time to think about what I want to say before I write it down, so I don’t sound like a big dumb fighter™

Eadie exhales blowing her braid out of her eyes. “Sometimes when I open my mouth, I end up sounding ignorant or getting in trouble.”

“It’s so easy to get off on the wrong foot with new companions. Like I wouldn’t want to upset that arcane wally with the ✌finger quotes ✌ ‘cool’ jewelled mask. I guess nobody told him Jestercap isn’t for a few months yet.”

Untrained Knowledge (local) about the Amazing Vanzetti: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Take 1 Perception: 1 + 15 = 16

She gestures back at the letter. “I made friends with a pair of Hellknights a while ago, and they made me promise to write to them regularly – or they’d burn my house down.”

“But I get what you’re saying. There’s so much to do and simply not enough time to do all of it. It’s a pity the Master of Spells hasn’t come up with a potion of more time, yet.”

Eadie smiles again, “I like your hat. Did you say you were from Erages? I didn’t realize the half-elves of Kyonin were into headware quite so dramatic.”

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
| AC 12, T 12, FF 12 |HP: 50/50 | F +3, R +2, W +6 (+7 vs MA, +3 vs divine spells, +2 vs divine SLAs/death/energy drain/negative energy/Necromancy) | Init 0, Perc -1 |CMB +3, CMD 13 | 10/10 Sacrificial Boons

A "wally" is what, exactly?

Eadie Navhelan wrote:


[dice=Untrained Knowledge (local) about the Amazing Vanzetti] d20

Eadie:
"The Amazing" Vanzetti, frequently referred to simply as "V" by those who know him, is one of Andoran's finest actors.

As far as you know, he has never been seen in public without his mask, which is obviously magical and appears slightly different from performance to performance.

You also know where the mask came from - it's the adulterated mask of a "priest" of Razmir. He is an apostate and defector from Razmiran, and his early life in the false god's service has left him with a profoundly cynical and defiant attitude toward any and all entities that would claim the title of "god."

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none
The Amazing Vanzetti wrote:
A "wally" is what, exactly?

Linguistics DC 25 (standard), If Andoran DC 30:

wally

noun
British informal

noun: wally; plural noun: wallies

1. a silly or inept person.
"I must have looked a total wally but I didn't care"

“Why ser, it can be a generic masculine placeholder name, when a gentleman in your company hasn’t yet introduced himself.”

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

“But such an alias is unnecessary in your case, because I believe you are the Golarion-renowned actor, the Amazing Vanzetti!”

Eadie gushes. “I believe I saw you perform the lead role of Larazod Rilsane in the Off-Egorian production of The Six Trials of Larazod at the Ivy Playhouse in Absalom.”

“My sister and I were in the front stalls. During your plea to the Abyss-corrupted Paraduke Haanderthan, you spat out your lines so passionately that some of your spittle landed on us.”

“I’ve never washed it off.”

Grand Lodge

Female LN Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade & Noble Fencer) 3 / Investigator (Sleuth) 4 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 22 (T 17, FF 16, +1 vs traps) | CMB: +4, CMD: 20 (+1 vs grapple) | F: +3, R: +13, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +16+1d6, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/5, Inspiration 4/6; Active conditions: None

Eadie, I'm afraid I didn't catch that performance. I hope you'll tell me all about it during whatever boring part of our journey we'll inevitably have.

I don't get to play AP's, so all of that lore is lost to me. Thanks for posting those links!

Kn(Local) re: The Amazing Vanzetti: 1d20 + 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (12) + (2) + 14 = 28

But I think I might know a bit more about the mysterious Mr. Vanzetti. It's a good thing my network has been keeping me up to speed on the local celebrities.

Oh, I'm sorry Eadie, I was thinking about something else. Yes, the hat has some magical properties related to my work back in Erages in the City Guard. I was on the Law Enforcement side of things, as opposed to the standing-on-the-wall guards. Not that they're not important, too, but they couldn't ferret out a killer if their lives depended on it - which mine did!

I'll see what she knows before writing how she greets V.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none
Amestra wrote:
I hope you'll tell me all about it during whatever boring part of our journey.

“Of course I will, Amestra!”

The young Pathfinder chuckles. “There’s loads of boring stories I can tell.”

Detective Amestra wrote:
I was on the Law Enforcement side of things ...

“Oh! So you’re ex-filth … I mean City Watch Defecti—Detective!”

Eadie looks down at her feet. Inexplicably, she starts feeling guilty. “Let’s hope this mission involves an investigation.”

She finally lifts her head. “I must say, your killer ferret story sounds interesting, Amestra.”

“I can swap you for one about a Pathfinder pub-crawl that was disguised as an investigation mission.”

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
| AC 12, T 12, FF 12 |HP: 50/50 | F +3, R +2, W +6 (+7 vs MA, +3 vs divine spells, +2 vs divine SLAs/death/energy drain/negative energy/Necromancy) | Init 0, Perc -1 |CMB +3, CMD 13 | 10/10 Sacrificial Boons

Amestra:
In addition to knowing everything Eadie knows (previous spoiler):

V got pretty high up in the Razmiran hierarchy before defecting.

Part of his escape route from Razmiran involved spending a bit of time with a tribe of Goblins.

He is a secret agent for Andoran, or at least has been in the past, and is an honorary Eagle Knight.

One of his ancestors died in the name of freedom of religion - or perhaps freedom from religion.

Liberty's Edge

| HP: 32/38 | AC: 21 (19 T, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +14 | Init: +14 | Perception: +15, Sense M: +10 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool 10/10 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Unarmed +6 (1d8+2) +1 KN Comp LB Flurry +12/+12/+7 (1d8+3/19/×3) or +1 KN Comp LB +12 (1d8+3/19/×3)
| Res: Cold Elec Fir 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro +15 (+24 jump) Climb +10 Diplo +10 Esc A +8 Intimidate +10 Know(History) +6 Know(Planes) +9 Know(Religion) +6 Ride +6 Stealth +6 (+11 to snipe) Survival +12 Swim +7 UMD +9

The not-so-young ustalav with a stern face and one scarred eye looks around, he wears a black cloak over his impeccably clean dark grey monk's outfit.

It seems my travels again bring me close to home, only to be taken away once more.

"Hello, pleased to make your acquaintance, my name is Karl, but -he begrudgingly adds- there are some who have started calling me Sure-eye, thanks to the souvenir I got, fighting a dragon near the Verduran Forest."

Grand Lodge

Female LN Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade & Noble Fencer) 3 / Investigator (Sleuth) 4 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 22 (T 17, FF 16, +1 vs traps) | CMB: +4, CMD: 20 (+1 vs grapple) | F: +3, R: +13, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +16+1d6, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/5, Inspiration 4/6; Active conditions: None

Slightly perplexed by Eadie's confusing word choices, Amestra smiles politely, and says, "Well, I'll always listen to an amusing story of a pub-crawl."

Smiling inwardly, she thinks, Though after that ... odd ... exchange, I wonder how it'd come out. Killer ferrets, indeed!

Turning to Karl, she touches her finger to her hat and nods in a simple salute, before turning back to the Amazing Vanzetti.

Taking the liberty as a teammate of calling him "V," she smiles gently, "V, I'd love to hear how you got yourself out of Razmiran. Assuming it's safe to tell me, of course, for yourself and any confederates you might have had." She pauses, then goes on, "That information could prove quite ... valuable."

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

“Ow, Karl. Sounds like that fight would make a story-and-a-half.”

Eadie grimaces. “On a slightly different tack though, would you be able to operate my wand of CLW if required?”

Amestra wrote:
"Well, I'll always listen to an amusing story of a pub-crawl."

“Well if you insist:
“It all began when the party barbarian challenged me to a wrestling match in VC Shaine’s stables. I won (of course!) and then he asked me if I’d ever been mistaken for a man.”

“I replied, ‘No. Have you?’”

“Then we went on a pub crawl and got kicked out of Ol’ Deadeye’s Brewhouse.” Eadie nods to Karl. “So my sister Lore and I did some window shopping at Belker, JC Copper and Handy Haversack’s Fifth Avenue, but the boys got bored so we left.”

“As we left the shop, two dudes set their dog on us, so we killed them.”

Eadie looks over sharply at Amestra. “Uh … I mean, we slowed them down with a quick detour to the Boneyard, before a passing cleric yanked them out of Pharasma’s queue. I heard later they were still in time for Starday roast lunch at their mom’s house.”

“Meanwhile, someone had called the Watch, so we bravely ran away.”

“Then we got ambushed by a giant chicken swarm. So I beat an evil sorceress to death with this very morning star.” Eadie picks up the weapon lying on VC Smine’s conference table, and waves it around like a party favor. “Self defense, Amestra. Obvs.”

“Then Lore yelled at me, ‘cos Grandmaster Torch told us not to kill anyone and the party barbarian started sleeping with a chicken.”

“So of course, we followed her invisible twin to a warehouse, where our barbarian fell in love with the evil mastermind behind everything. She ended up falling at his feet – after a bit of friendly persuasion.”

“Then they got married! I was bridesmaid. Lore did the service.”

“The bride told us she was going to have a baby boy, and she was gonna name him Lorne – after my big sister or Eddie, after me!”

Eadie smiles at the memory. "'Twas pretty fun."

Liberty's Edge

| HP: 32/38 | AC: 21 (19 T, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +14 | Init: +14 | Perception: +15, Sense M: +10 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool 10/10 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Unarmed +6 (1d8+2) +1 KN Comp LB Flurry +12/+12/+7 (1d8+3/19/×3) or +1 KN Comp LB +12 (1d8+3/19/×3)
| Res: Cold Elec Fir 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro +15 (+24 jump) Climb +10 Diplo +10 Esc A +8 Intimidate +10 Know(History) +6 Know(Planes) +9 Know(Religion) +6 Ride +6 Stealth +6 (+11 to snipe) Survival +12 Swim +7 UMD +9
Eadie Navhelan wrote:
“Ow, Karl. Sounds like that fight would make a story-and-a-half.”

"First let me say, it all happened along some hard months.. years, maybe?.. Myself and some brave folk somehow got pulled to 'fend a taldan town from a dragon that was tryin' to'stort this good town people, we thought it was dealt with, so we went along on our merry way.

Only to hear rumors of snows! In Taldor! In the middle of summer! We HAD to look into that.. Not goin' to bore ya' with the forest exploration, but somehow we got transported to what we later found out was Irrisen by some wicked portal, eventually we found our way back to the Verduran Forest, only to find out the dragon had come back to accost this town, barely bigger than my own village back in Varno.

So we had to put it down, for good. We got some information about some dragon slayer's tomb near there, again, not goin' to bore you with THOSE details, so... Finally, there we were, at last in the dragon's lair. The battle just beginning, hearts pumping strong, I could hear it beating in my ears. The beast took flight and came at me, as if it had learned I was his deadliest threat! It put its claws to my face and nearly tore my eye out.

And as if it was punished by the Gods themselves, the dragon's bravado and luck got turned around, for it had hurt me, their champion! The dragon was perching on a low wall and just as it tried to take flight once again, the dragon got wrapped around spiderwebs cast upon it by our mage and plummeted down!

I have never experienced such a bittersweet moment, for the dragon fell on top of a fellow kitsune, who had turned invisible not a minute prior and was brandishing a dragon bane spear! The dragon somehow managed to impale itself and said weapon ran straight through its dark and evil heart! We had won the battle and saved the town, at the cost of a friend and companion.

How's that for a tale of battle, Eadie?"

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

“One of the best I’ve ever heard.”

Eadie’s tone is quiet and solemn.

⌚ ⌛ ⌚ ⌛

As Karl starts narrating the final fight in the dragon’s lair, Eadie slips quietly from her chair and takes a knee on the floor, engrossed in the details of the story.

When the archer is finished, she asks quietly, “Karl, what was the name of your companion who didn’t make it? I will offer a prayer for them tonight to the Master of the First Vault.”

The warrior stands and offers the Inquisitor her right hand. “I’m proud to be serving alongside you on this mission.”

Liberty's Edge

| HP: 32/38 | AC: 21 (19 T, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +14 | Init: +14 | Perception: +15, Sense M: +10 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool 10/10 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Unarmed +6 (1d8+2) +1 KN Comp LB Flurry +12/+12/+7 (1d8+3/19/×3) or +1 KN Comp LB +12 (1d8+3/19/×3)
| Res: Cold Elec Fir 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro +15 (+24 jump) Climb +10 Diplo +10 Esc A +8 Intimidate +10 Know(History) +6 Know(Planes) +9 Know(Religion) +6 Ride +6 Stealth +6 (+11 to snipe) Survival +12 Swim +7 UMD +9

" 'twas a few years back, but her name was branded into my mind, in the same way the dragon branded me. Amya was the name of the brave warrior that help the village reach its liberty from the beast. Thank you, for adding her to your prayers, the more gods that hear of her, the easier she'll find her peace."

Karl shakes Eadie's hand, placing his trust in her and this new group he'll be marching with.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L7 | HP: 23/59, THP 0 | AC:20(+3)(+2)(+4)(+1) T:13(+1) FF:18(+3)(+2)(+4) | CMB:10(+2)(+2) CMD:23(+2) | Saves F:6(+2) R:9(+2)(+1) W:6(+2) | Init:+3 | Per:+15(+2)+1d8 | Spd: 30(+30)(+10) | Rerolls: 0/1 | Inspiration: 5/8 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Conditions: barkskin (1h10m), longstrider (1h), heroism (50m), mutagen (1h10m)

A young Tian-Shu steps into the room. Kai stands of typical height of most Tian-Shus, with typical dark brown eyes, and silky black hair that he cuts short and leaves largely ungroomed. What differentiates him though is his build - while most Tians are lean and lithe, Kai is well-built and muscular, clearly visible through the breastplate he is wearing. He holds a longspear comfortably in one hand, and is also equipped with a morningstar and some javelins. Across his chest is a bandolier where some vials of liquid are stored.

He greets everyone with a warm smile, aware that he is interrupting and bow slightly as an apologies. "Sorry for the being late. I have no intentions of making a grand entrance, but I only just managed to return from Pariol Island to Absalom, then catch the next ship here. Quite an eventful wedding I must say, but aren't all Blackros events?"

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

There is a knock on the door, and without waiting for an answer Venture-Captain Holgarin Smine steps though the door, a starmetal greataxe over his shoulder, a basket held in his left hand. Unceremoniously, he places both atop the table before removing the cloth atop the basket, revealing some freshly baked bread, some cider, a wheel of cheese and a leg of ham, as well as a linen covered stack of papers. He pauses, looks around clearly counting before grumbling "Always late that one" and motioning for the agents to sit down. "Leave that one open. Dig in" he says in a tone that brooks no argument, uncorking the rather large bottle of cider.

"Got a task for you — dangerous lands, dangerous task" he says in his usual, laconic manner. "You come well recommended though" he adds with an approving nod. "You'll be fine." The dwarf takes a swig of cider, places the bottle down next to Vanzetti, and unwraps the bundle revealing a sheaf of twine-wrapped notes. "Gojan the Sharp. Early Pathfinder. Renowned explorer. Wandered Numeria for a decade. Found all sorts of strange places outside Silver Mount he couldn’t explore in his lifetime. Like Sulfur Gulch. Society’s known about lots of these places, but not that one. Long time ago, the gnome Eylysia hid away the findings." Smine scowls. "Not good. Always report. You know that already." Patting the stack of notes, he continues. "Others found these. Good for us. You’d be the first to explore it. Second. Whatever. Trouble is that’s Ghost Wolf territory. Kellid tribe. Really hate Numerian tech. Gojan did the Ghost Wolves a big favor though. Never collected. They owe us one, and that favor’s going to be not killing you when you explore Sulfur Gulch. And any who follow." Smine picks up the axe with a wistful look in his eye. "My best work yet. A gift for Xol-Nomag. Chieftain of the tribe you're going to deal with. Meeting with her already set up. Get safe passage. Don’t get killed by Kellids. Go to Sulfur Gulch, find out what it’s about — what was it for, who lived there, how it all worked. If you smuggle anything out, be real careful. Ghost Wolves aren't stupid. They have magic and wits to spare."

He pauses, looking around the table. "Make a good impression. Can't hurt. Might need them on our side someday. Or not killing us on sight." The dwarf rubs his calloused hands together. "Any questions?"

Knowledge Checks: Reveal any spoiler for which you've met or beat the DC of.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering or Engineering) DC 15+:
Numeria is known for its mysterious technology. Many of Numeria’s ruins contain deadly mechanical guardians called robots.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering or Engineering) DC 20+:
Due to its extreme age, both the technology itself and the ruins it comes from are plagued with malfunctions and glitches. Pristine technology is extremely rare and extremely valuable, yet even partly functional devices are worth quite a bit. The Technic League maintains a tight embargo on smuggling technological devices, which
drives up the price further for those who can make it out of Numeria with any goods.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering or Engineering) DC 25+:
Experienced explorers associate Numeria's "ruins" with the remains of an otherworldly vessel that fell from the sky millennia ago. Little is known about the vessels' creators, all of whom likely perished in the cataclysmic crash. Even the rare humanoid facsimiles known as androids associated with Numerian technology struggle to understand their true origins.

Knowledge (Geography) DC 15+:
The Sellen Hills are a harsh land, ill suited for human habitation. The only noteworthy settlement is Chesed, a city built where the Sellen River meets the Lake of Mists and Veils. Beyond its walls, most of the population is nomadic and ethnically Kellid. Chesed serves as a capable base of operations for anyone risking the Numerian wilderness.

Knowledge (Geography) DC 20+:
Like the rest of Numeria, technological ruins dot the Sellen Hills. Most of these remain unexplored due to the danger of the region, to say nothing of the danger the ruins themselves hold. Even so, some explorers dare the protective locals' ire and mechanical threats in search of profit.

Knowledge (Geography) DC 25+:
Sulfur Gulch juts from the side of a gully in an expanse even more barren than the surrounding region. The vapors that permeate the area have choked out nearly all plant life.

Knowledge (Local) DC 15+:
Most of Numeria’s population is Kellid. While many settled down in the region’s few cities, numerous tribes still wander the wilds. Their long history of clashing with neighbors for the land’s scarce resources gives these tribes a reputation for savagery, though many Kellids prove quite warm and hospitable under peaceful circumstances.

Knowledge (Local) DC 20+:
The Ghost Wolves are notorious for their open hatred of technology and their hit-and-run raids against the Technic League. Because they claim extensive stretches of the Sellen Hills, fewer sites there have fallen prey to scavenging opportunists.

Knowledge (Local) DC 25+:
Kellids have a largely deserved reputation for distrusting arcane magic. The same is not true for the Ghost Wolves, who celebrate and train promising spellcasters to help fend off the alien constructs that sometimes emerge from the ruins. The Ghost Wolves are especially fond of invisibility, which protects against the constructs’ deadly light beams.

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
| AC 12, T 12, FF 12 |HP: 50/50 | F +3, R +2, W +6 (+7 vs MA, +3 vs divine spells, +2 vs divine SLAs/death/energy drain/negative energy/Necromancy) | Init 0, Perc -1 |CMB +3, CMD 13 | 10/10 Sacrificial Boons

"Asking as much out of simple interest as anything else, what sorts of magic do the Ghost Wolves practice?"

detect magic and Spellcraft on axe: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

"Arcane and divine. Shamanistic folk" answers Smine as he pulls out a knife to begin cutting off some of the ham.

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
| AC 12, T 12, FF 12 |HP: 50/50 | F +3, R +2, W +6 (+7 vs MA, +3 vs divine spells, +2 vs divine SLAs/death/energy drain/negative energy/Necromancy) | Init 0, Perc -1 |CMB +3, CMD 13 | 10/10 Sacrificial Boons

"That's...broad. I don't believe I've ever heard of shamanism as an arcane practice."

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

"Greetings, Lin Kai."

The fighter bows. "Is your given name 'Kai'? I understand Avistanis arrange our names in a different order to Tien people."

VC Smine wrote:
Removing the cloth atop the basket, he reveals some freshly baked bread, some cider, a wheel of cheese and a leg of ham.

“Yummy!”

Eadie rubs her hands together with glee. “What’s everyone else having?”

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

In between mouthfuls of bread, ham and cheese, Eadie sprays “Gojan the Sharp … What a cool name!”

“What do you think of the name ‘Eadie the Sharp’, Amestra?”

⚔ ⚔ ⚔

“What sorta sky metal is the greataxe made of, VC Smine? Is it adamantine or something else?”

The warrior sits munching intently. “I get that the Ghost Wolves hate tech. Don’t blame them. I’m not a fan of metal men either. But is there anything they like we can talk about to help butter them up?”

“What exactly did Gojan the Sharp do for them?”

“Did Gojan or Eylysia say the sulfur was naturally occurring or a byproduct of whatever’s going on in the tunnel? Maybe something’s being manufactured in the tunnel that requires or generates large amounts of sulfuriferous stuff.”

“Either way, I think we need to be ready for metal men and poison.”

Liberty's Edge

| HP: 32/38 | AC: 21 (19 T, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +14 | Init: +14 | Perception: +15, Sense M: +10 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool 10/10 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Unarmed +6 (1d8+2) +1 KN Comp LB Flurry +12/+12/+7 (1d8+3/19/×3) or +1 KN Comp LB +12 (1d8+3/19/×3)
| Res: Cold Elec Fir 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro +15 (+24 jump) Climb +10 Diplo +10 Esc A +8 Intimidate +10 Know(History) +6 Know(Planes) +9 Know(Religion) +6 Ride +6 Stealth +6 (+11 to snipe) Survival +12 Swim +7 UMD +9

Eating on bread and cheese, careful of not getting crumbs in his clothes, Karl waits for his turn to read Gojan's notes.

Eadie wrote:
... “Either way, I think we need to be ready for metal men and poison.”

After reading the notes - "I agree Eadie, I am not particularly knowledgeable on Numeria, but Gojan has certainly warned future pathfinders of poison." Karl listens attentively for any further questions his companions might have.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Female LN Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade & Noble Fencer) 3 / Investigator (Sleuth) 4 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 22 (T 17, FF 16, +1 vs traps) | CMB: +4, CMD: 20 (+1 vs grapple) | F: +3, R: +13, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +16+1d6, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/5, Inspiration 4/6; Active conditions: None
Eadie wrote:
“What do you think of the name ‘Eadie the Sharp’, Amestra?”

"I dunno Eadie, I think names are like boots. They have to fit you just right, and taking someone else's isn't likely to fit perfectly."

She pauses to slice off a piece of the cheese, and add it to a hunk of bread. "Maybe you'll find your perfect name on this adventure."

As she chews her snack, she reads over the note, before passing it to Karl, waiting patiently for his turn.

Kn(Engineering): 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (15) + (4) + 9 = 28

Kn(Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (13) + (2) + 13 = 28

Kn(Engineering): 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (13) + (5) + 9 = 27

Kn(Local): 1d20 + 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (19) + (3) + 15 = 37

I really don't want to look like a know-it-all right off the bat, especially since Lin Kai hasn't spoken up yet. I suspect he knows as much as I do about this stuff.

Amestra looks over to Lin Kai, and starts briefing the team on what she knows (all the spoilers above), but pauses regularly to allow him to add in details that he knows.

When she's done, she slices off some ham, pours some cider into a cup to wet her throat, and turns to the dwarf. "VC Smine, Where are we to meet Xol-Nomag?" she asks, putting the correct Hallit pronunciation on the name.

Then looking at the group, she asks, "I do speak Hallit, but does anyone else also? Certainly can't hurt if we're to 'make a good impression.'"

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
| AC 12, T 12, FF 12 |HP: 50/50 | F +3, R +2, W +6 (+7 vs MA, +3 vs divine spells, +2 vs divine SLAs/death/energy drain/negative energy/Necromancy) | Init 0, Perc -1 |CMB +3, CMD 13 | 10/10 Sacrificial Boons
Amestra Veen wrote:

Then looking at the group, she asks, "I do speak Hallit, but does anyone else also? Certainly can't hurt if we're to 'make a good impression.'"

"Of course, most people speak it where I came from," Replies V as he gathers the offered foodstuffs on a plate and consumes them in individual pieces. It turns out his mask has a cunning mechanism at the bottom that opens the mouth up a bit like a nutcracker doll's so he can eat.

Perception DC 16:
You catch a glimpse of the interior of his mouth; in addition to his unnaturally perfect teeth, there is an eerie alabaster sheen to the interior of his cheeks...and that's to say nothing of the inhuman brass color of what little skin you can see around the edges.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Barbarian 1 / Sorcerer 4 / Dragon Disciple 4 | HP 87/87 | AC 20 [24 shield]; Tch 12 ; FF 18 | F +10; R +6; W +7 | CMB+14; CMD 25 | Speed 40 ft | Init +6 | Bite: +14 (1d6+13/19-20) | Perc +11

As the Venture-Captain had suspected, one of the Pathfinders arrived late.

A hulking creature passes through the door without any etiquette to speak of. Over seven feet tall, this Pathfinder has both dragon-kin and tiefling features. Large horns curve from his head, and sharp teeth from his jaws.

He snarls a brief greeting at Eadie, whom he has worked with before.

"Insidion, reporting for..." His massive body thrashes for a moment, and his face contort strangely. His shifty eyes stare at the others for a moment, though he does not appear to see them.

"...MURDER AND MAYHEM!" a second voice finishes.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

Eadie greets the Dragon Disciple warmly. “Hi, Insidion! Hi, Savage Cabbage!”

Tap the die Perception: 1 + 15 = 16

Amestra wrote:
“Taking someone else's name isn't likely to fit perfectly.”

“Wow, Amestra. You’re really smart!”

Eadie looks to be persuaded by the swashtigator’s words. “I’m gonna drop ‘the Sharp’ and go with ‘The Amazing Eadie’ instead.”

Amestra wrote:
“I do speak Hallit, but does anyone else also?”

Eadie shakes her head. “No, but is sounds like the Ghost Wolves are also impressed by arcane magic. So V and Insidion might give us an edge there …”

“Amestra, is it really true that invisibility protects one from robot energy beams?” The warrior looks sceptical.

“I’ve been thinking about stuff to buy for this mission. Maybe the Ghost Wolves would like a scroll or two of invisibility as a present?”

“Karl, do you have adamantine arrows? You’re our main healer, so I want to make sure you stay safe doing what you do best at range.”

"Getting any tech treasure past the kellids also sounds tricky … Do you guys think a Pathfinder’s pouch would help? I'm worried it might be a bit small."

"I might also get a potion of enlarge person for robot bashing and a healing potion as a backup. I’m already equipped with antitoxin."

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Smine grunts in response to V's statement. "Didn't pay attention to the type of magic they do as a tribe."

Eadie wrote:
“What sorta sky metal is the greataxe made of, VC Smine? Is it adamantine or something else?”

"Adamantine. Others are trickier. Don't have the right forge for them either."

Eadie wrote:
“But is there anything they like we can talk about to help butter them up?”

Smine shrugs. "Can't say. Maybe when you get there you'll get a better idea as to what to do. Otherwise, make it up."

Eadie wrote:
“What exactly did Gojan the Sharp do for them?”

The venture-captain grins. "Saved the kids and elderly of one of their camps while the warriors were whupping the Technic League's ass. Robot ambush. Outsmarted them."

Eadie wrote:
“Did Gojan or Eylysia say the sulfur was naturally occurring or a byproduct of whatever’s going on in the tunnel? Maybe something’s being manufactured in the tunnel that requires or generates large amounts of sulfuriferous stuff.”

He shrugs at that. "Can't say" he replies casually, popping a piece of ham into his mouth. "Didn't seem like he went far in enough. You'll figure it out."

Eadie wrote:
“Either way, I think we need to be ready for metal men and poison.”

He nods at that. "If you don't have any skymetal weapons, someone arcane in Tymon can get you some heart of the metal oils. Got some raw nuggets of skymetal leftover. Buy them if you want. Use them as a component. Let me know."

Amestra wrote:
"VC Smine, Where are we to meet Xol-Nomag?"

He casually points north with his thumb. "Upriver. They are expecting you. Boat captain will drop you off. She'll be there to greet you. Take you to the village for rest I suppose."

Insidion wrote:
"Insidion, reporting for..." "...MURDER AND MAYHEM!"

Venture-captain Smine shakes his head and points to the last open chair. "Eat. They'll brief you. I'll wait"

Eadie wrote:
"Getting any tech treasure past the kellids also sounds tricky … Do you guys think a Pathfinder’s pouch would help? I'm worried it might be a bit small.

The venture captain pauses mid-munch, thinking. "Sharrowsmith used to have bags for that. Anyone familiar with them?"

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L7 | HP: 23/59, THP 0 | AC:20(+3)(+2)(+4)(+1) T:13(+1) FF:18(+3)(+2)(+4) | CMB:10(+2)(+2) CMD:23(+2) | Saves F:6(+2) R:9(+2)(+1) W:6(+2) | Init:+3 | Per:+15(+2)+1d8 | Spd: 30(+30)(+10) | Rerolls: 0/1 | Inspiration: 5/8 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Conditions: barkskin (1h10m), longstrider (1h), heroism (50m), mutagen (1h10m)

Kai turns his head to Eadie and nods. "Yes, 凯, I mean Kai is my name. I am pleasantly surprised. I usually have to open my introductions clarifying this." Without a hint of Tien accent, he continues with a wry smile, "It means triumphant. My parents had a bit of delusions of grandeur when their only son was born after they moved here from Goka. Imagine their disappointment when he joined the city guards!" Turning to Amestra, he acknowledges her sharing and adds, "It seems we have something in common here, Miss Amestra, although admittedly, I have long since left. Too much bureacracy to see justice served." He turns grim briefly, before putting on his warm smile again as Smine enters and begins his briefing.

knowledge(dungeoneering): 1d20 + 13 + 1d8 ⇒ (18) + 13 + (4) = 35
knowledge(geography): 1d20 + 9 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (5) = 15
knowledge(local): 1d20 + 9 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 9 + (5) = 18

Kai doesn't make for the food, but instead, concentrates intently, scouring through the compartments in his mind to recover what he knows. He looks up and notice Amestra looking at him. With a simple nod, he gestures for her to proceed, especially since his knowledge of the local and geographical conditions is not in-depth.

Instead, he takes over note and goes through it carefully.

Liberty's Edge

| HP: 32/38 | AC: 21 (19 T, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +14 | Init: +14 | Perception: +15, Sense M: +10 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool 10/10 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Unarmed +6 (1d8+2) +1 KN Comp LB Flurry +12/+12/+7 (1d8+3/19/×3) or +1 KN Comp LB +12 (1d8+3/19/×3)
| Res: Cold Elec Fir 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro +15 (+24 jump) Climb +10 Diplo +10 Esc A +8 Intimidate +10 Know(History) +6 Know(Planes) +9 Know(Religion) +6 Ride +6 Stealth +6 (+11 to snipe) Survival +12 Swim +7 UMD +9

Perception, V's mask: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Amestra wrote:
“I do speak Hallit, but does anyone else also?”

"Sadly, I speak no more languages than Taldane and the tongue of my ancestors"

Eadie wrote:
“Karl, do you have adamantine arrows? You’re our main healer, so I want to make sure you stay safe doing what you do best at range.”

"My aptitude for the healing arts is quite, hmm, rusty to say the least. But I could procure a wand to help the wounded, and I could still afford a couple of adamantine arrows"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Female LN Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade & Noble Fencer) 3 / Investigator (Sleuth) 4 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 22 (T 17, FF 16, +1 vs traps) | CMB: +4, CMD: 20 (+1 vs grapple) | F: +3, R: +13, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +16+1d6, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/5, Inspiration 4/6; Active conditions: None

"Savage... Cabbage... ???"" Amestra looks dumbfoundedly from Eadie towards Insidion, hoping that against all odds, someone will clarify. Maybe I don't want to know.

Then regaining her wits, she pulls a wand out of her bag. She steps over to Karl, and flips it into the air, catching it by the tip, before handing it to him, handle (hilt?) first. "Karl, here's a wand of Cure Light Wounds. I think it's about half full. If no one else has their own healing, feel free to use it as needed. I mean, it's in my interest to keep everyone alive, of course, but I can't always guarantee that I can get it to work."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none
Kai wrote:
"Yes, 凯, I mean Kai is my name. I am pleasantly surprised. I usually have to open my introductions clarifying this."

“If we’d met in Korvosa before I became a Pathfinder, Kai you probably would have had to explain it to me.”

“But all the travelling I’ve done as a Pathfinder has allowed me to learn a little about customs and cultures different from my own.”

Eadie smiles. “It’s just one more reason why I enjoy working for the Society so much.”

友谊

“Well Amestra, it took me two missions with Insidion to realize there’s a little man who lives inside him, who I called ‘Savage Cabbage’ ‘cos he’s always screaming out pretty aggro stuff.”

“Then Insidion informed me it’s not just ONE little guy. Uh uh. There’s MULTIPLE little people that live inside him, who like to express themselves in their own special way.”

Eadie turns to the dragon disciple. “Have I got that kinda right, Insidion?”

☤ ☤ ☤

“I’ve also got a half-charged CLW wand, Karl. And I’ll also buy 20 adamantine blanched cold iron arrows for you to shoot at robots, if you can just let me have whatever you don’t use at the end of the mission.”

Eadie *winks* “But I’d rather you have NONE left by the time we report back to VC Smine.”

Shopping List so far:
potion of enlarge person (50 gp)
• 20 adamantine blanched cold iron arrows (202gp)
• SELL a scroll of unbreakable heart for 12.5 gp

Still considering more purchases, GM Upaynao

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Not to rain on your parade, but adamantine blanched arrows do not overcome hardness. They overcome DR/adamantine. Eadie's fought a few robots that I know of. I think she'd know. Hence why I linked that spell multiple times.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Barbarian 1 / Sorcerer 4 / Dragon Disciple 4 | HP 87/87 | AC 20 [24 shield]; Tch 12 ; FF 18 | F +10; R +6; W +7 | CMB+14; CMD 25 | Speed 40 ft | Init +6 | Bite: +14 (1d6+13/19-20) | Perc +11

I'm going to grab some scrolls of that spell...

The side of Insidion's toothy maw lifts up, granting Eadie what passes for a smile.

"Indeed," he says with a snort. "Sometimes I keep them under control. Sometimes, NONE CAN CONTROL US!"

Liberty's Edge

| HP: 32/38 | AC: 21 (19 T, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +14 | Init: +14 | Perception: +15, Sense M: +10 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool 10/10 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Unarmed +6 (1d8+2) +1 KN Comp LB Flurry +12/+12/+7 (1d8+3/19/×3) or +1 KN Comp LB +12 (1d8+3/19/×3)
| Res: Cold Elec Fir 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro +15 (+24 jump) Climb +10 Diplo +10 Esc A +8 Intimidate +10 Know(History) +6 Know(Planes) +9 Know(Religion) +6 Ride +6 Stealth +6 (+11 to snipe) Survival +12 Swim +7 UMD +9

Upaynao you are correct, blanches do not help against hardness, and I don't think Heart of the Metal is a good investment for ammunition. So, Karl is buying 16 adamantine durable arrows (976 gp).

About the CLW wands, double checking to track them, Eadie yours has 27 charges and I don't know about Amestra's.

"Thank you Amestra and Eadie, I can certainly use the wands provided to make sure we don't take an early journey into Pharasma's Boneyard.

Eadie I thank you for the arrows, but it's time I invest in something more, ahh, durable for myself.

Is there something else we need to ask VC Smine or should we get ready to depart? I don't think it's wise to leave Chieftain Xol-Nomag waiting."

Grand Lodge

Female LN Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade & Noble Fencer) 3 / Investigator (Sleuth) 4 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 22 (T 17, FF 16, +1 vs traps) | CMB: +4, CMD: 20 (+1 vs grapple) | F: +3, R: +13, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +16+1d6, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/5, Inspiration 4/6; Active conditions: None

Her wand has 26 charges left.

Thank you for picking up those scrolls, Insidion.

"I hope no one minds if I finish off the cheese on the way."

Taking Karl's cue that it's likely time to leave, Amestra grabs the last bite of the cheese, and works her way over to the door.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

Yes, 27 charges, Karl. But I'll purchase another partially charged one containing another 24, from a Chronicle sheet.

"Not at all. Once my shopping's done, I'm good to go."

Eadie remembers the Smine greataxe just in time. "Does someone want to carry the adamantine greataxe until we have to hand it over?"

"My enchanted falchion is made of adamantine, so I don't really need it."

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

With their stomachs filled, the pathfinder go out into Tymon's bustling market to shop for some last minute necessities. By the time they meet back up at the lodge, Venture Captain Smine has paperwork for you: a bill of transport on a barge sailing up the Sellen river towards Chessed. A week goes by, barely marked by an attack by pirates who had much confidence and little actual skill. Sometime during the morning of the eighth day, the captain, a colorful Mwangi fellow, points to a pile of rocks adorned by a series of sun-worn cloth streamers. "That be tell us that some of the locals be waitin' for someone. From what yah Ventcha-Captain be tellin', I tink dis be where you stop."

You land on shore soon thereafter, with the captain assuring you that he'll be back to pick you up here in less than a week. Barely an hour passes by before a small band of Ghost Wolves warriors arrive on horseback, pulling a clutch of unmounted ones along with them. "Hail outlanders. Are you the Pathfinders we are expecting?" one of them, handsome and rugged atop his horse asks. While some might expect or hope for him to be bare-chested, he is not, wearing much like his companions silvery armor, multiple weapons sheathed in their belts or slung across their backs.

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none

“Boring? Uh uh. This is fun!”

Eadie spends the river journey honing her dagger against a whetstone with a rhythmic shryp shryp action … and chatting to the others.

"I’ve been on a pilgrimage to Chesed before. It’s a few miles from one of the few sites where Abadar’s Herald has appeared on Golarion."

"The Executive Chairperson of the Golden Vault there is one of the highest ranking clerics in the Inner Sea. She outranks my old Archbanker, Darb Tuttle of Korvosa by at least the GNP of Isger."

$ ¢ £ ¥

After gleefully beating back pirates with a meat cleaver, Eadie asks her own skipper, “Have you encountered many pirates while sailing through the Protectorate of the Black Marquis, Cap’n?”

“I worked to undermine a coup d'etat being plotted against His Absence of Lightness near the Echo Wood a while back. Please say ‘hi’ to him from me next time he plunders your booty.”

Handsome and rugged atop his horse wrote:
"Hail outlanders. Are you the Pathfinders we are expecting?"

Eadie takes her time removing her great helm, holding it in both hands so it’s obvious that she cannot readily draw a weapon.

The warrior also waits for at least two of the Pathfinder diplomats to speak before she opens her mouth. Her wayfinder hangs from her belt in plain view.

“Aye! We come bearing gifts for the Mighty Xol-Nomag.”

She smiles broadly. “Please take us to your leader.”

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L7 | HP: 23/59, THP 0 | AC:20(+3)(+2)(+4)(+1) T:13(+1) FF:18(+3)(+2)(+4) | CMB:10(+2)(+2) CMD:23(+2) | Saves F:6(+2) R:9(+2)(+1) W:6(+2) | Init:+3 | Per:+15(+2)+1d8 | Spd: 30(+30)(+10) | Rerolls: 0/1 | Inspiration: 5/8 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Conditions: barkskin (1h10m), longstrider (1h), heroism (50m), mutagen (1h10m)

Before departing:

Kai finds his contact in the Silver Crusade, calling in some favors to acquire an oil of heart of the metal.
Spend 2 pp.

---

Kai steps forward, and withdraws his wayfinder that is hanging by a leather thong around his neck. He admires the handsome and rugged looks of the lead speaker discreetly, before replying. "Yes, indeed we are. My name is Kai, Lin Kai. I'll leave the rest of my party to introduce themselves, but let me first say that it is indeed an honor to finally meet the famed Ghost Wolf warriors. Your tribe's bravery and skill in combat is reknown even all the way back at Abasalom."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 + 1d8 ⇒ (10) + 15 + (8) = 33

Liberty's Edge

| HP: 32/38 | AC: 21 (19 T, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +14 | Init: +14 | Perception: +15, Sense M: +10 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool 10/10 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Unarmed +6 (1d8+2) +1 KN Comp LB Flurry +12/+12/+7 (1d8+3/19/×3) or +1 KN Comp LB +12 (1d8+3/19/×3)
| Res: Cold Elec Fir 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro +15 (+24 jump) Climb +10 Diplo +10 Esc A +8 Intimidate +10 Know(History) +6 Know(Planes) +9 Know(Religion) +6 Ride +6 Stealth +6 (+11 to snipe) Survival +12 Swim +7 UMD +9

"Well met Ghost Wolves, my name's Karl, I do believe we are the ones you are expecting."

He waits for the rest of the introductions.

Diplomacy to aid Kai's: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 Not that he needs it, but..

"We were sent to investigate the Sulfur Gulch, or that's the name I recall from Captain Smine's meeting. As Eadie said "- Karl says extending hus hand towards the cheliaxian holding her helmet in both hands - "we also bring gifts for the Chieftain, is the Chieftain travelling with you by any chance?"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Barbarian 1 / Sorcerer 4 / Dragon Disciple 4 | HP 87/87 | AC 20 [24 shield]; Tch 12 ; FF 18 | F +10; R +6; W +7 | CMB+14; CMD 25 | Speed 40 ft | Init +6 | Bite: +14 (1d6+13/19-20) | Perc +11

Insidion manages to not look too menacing as he bares his teeth at the warriors. He tries to say little, knowing it may not prove helpful.

diplo aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Grand Lodge

Female LN Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade & Noble Fencer) 3 / Investigator (Sleuth) 4 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 22 (T 17, FF 16, +1 vs traps) | CMB: +4, CMD: 20 (+1 vs grapple) | F: +3, R: +13, W: +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +16+1d6, SM: +5+1d6 | Speed 30ft | Panache: 3/5, Inspiration 4/6; Active conditions: None

Stepping into view, and with her jade wayfinder attached to the bandolier across her chest, Amestra takes a moment to check out the Kellid warrior before speaking.

Hmm, nice to look at, but not my type.

Opening with a traditional Kellid greeting in Hallit, she then switches back and continues in Common, "I am Amestra, and it is indeed an honor to enter the lands of the noble Ghost Wolves."

Tapping Diplomacy to Aid Kai = 16

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
| AC 12, T 12, FF 12 |HP: 50/50 | F +3, R +2, W +6 (+7 vs MA, +3 vs divine spells, +2 vs divine SLAs/death/energy drain/negative energy/Necromancy) | Init 0, Perc -1 |CMB +3, CMD 13 | 10/10 Sacrificial Boons
Lin Kai wrote:

"Your tribe's bravery and skill in combat is reknown even all the way back at Abasalom."

"To say nothing for your talents for magic," Adds V, tilting his head to accentuate his mask's frozen smile. "I am certain there is plenty we could show each other."

Automatic success to aid Kai's Diplomacy.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Kai, an oil of heart of the metal is actually 850 gp if you get it for adamantine, which puts it out of range for a PP purchase. Do you still wish to purchase it? It is a solid investment.

Karl, are you certain your stat block is up to date? You look awefully squishy with 38 hp.

"The honor is all ours. I am Jala Spirit-Eye." His eyes settle on Eadie's wayfinder before he continues. "Come, we have a bit of a ride ahead of us, and these lands aren't as safe as we'd like them to be. Our chieftain, mighty Xol-Nomag is leading a war-party against Technic league fools, who claim to come in peace."

He personally dismounts to help those who need assistance onto the horses, and soon enough, you are on your way.

"I had heard that many people come under the banner of the Pathfinder society, but I didn't expect it. Such mighty warriors" he exclaims, motioning towards Eadie and Insidion. "You seem to move as if your armor was nothing but a summer shirt, but your planar friend there looks like he could meet a myrmidon on the field and wrest it's pincers off!"

"Kai, might I ask where you had that breastplate made? We don't often get to see mithral in these lands with skymetal being so abundant. I should apologize if I seemed to suggest that you do not appear to be a mighty warrior... I would say you all cut very imposing figures, either in how lithe or strong you look."

He makes a tisking sound for the horse's benefit before adding: " Except perhaps for the masked one, but his presence alone is intriguing enough. The pathfinder elders must be feeling very confident about gaining Xol-Namag's favor."

He laughs. "I like that! Confidence is good to have. In moderation of course. We should arrive well before sunset. Xol-Nomag has sworn to us that she would be among us shortly after to eat and hear your request."

He puts his hand up, and the riders come to a stop atop a hill. In the distance, barely visible, an enormous creature scuttles across the horizon, moving North-West. As they wait for it to pass, he adds "Xol-namag has but one word. She will hear you out."

Scarab Sages

Female CG Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 9 | HP: 106/106 | AC: 25 (14 T, 22 Fl) | CMB: +14 (+19 [18] with heavy blades), CMD: 29 (31 vs disarm, sunder) | F: +15, R: +9, W: +13 (+1 vs death effects, +2 vs fear) | Init: +3 | Perc: +15, SM: +2 | Speed 30' | Active conditions: none
Jala Spirit-Eye wrote:
“You seem to move as if your armor was nothing but a summer shirt.”

“You are too kind, Jala Spirit-Eye.”

Eadie smiles under her great helm. “Like many things, it is simply training and practise. There are many Pathfinders with greater skill in battle than Eadie Navhelan.”

“Why a party of us made short work of a marauding Myrmidon near Chesed. My friend Jezabel and two other warriors destroyed the construct before I had the chance to land a blow.”

“I would hear of your own silvery shirt. Was it liberated from a starfall cairn? I was led to believe the Ghost Wolves shunned such items?”

Beautiful Numerian landscape wrote:
In the distance, barely visible, an enormous creature scuttles across the horizon, moving North-West.

Eadie raises her right hand to shield her eyes. “Is that an Annihilator, Jala Spirit-Eye?”

“Your tribe is daring and potent indeed to rule the lands in which such creatures hunt.”

Liberty's Edge

| HP: 32/38 | AC: 21 (19 T, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +14 | Init: +14 | Perception: +15, Sense M: +10 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool 10/10 | GM Reroll: +2 1/1 | Active conditions: None. |
Attacks:
Unarmed +6 (1d8+2) +1 KN Comp LB Flurry +12/+12/+7 (1d8+3/19/×3) or +1 KN Comp LB +12 (1d8+3/19/×3)
| Res: Cold Elec Fir 5 |
Other Skills:
Acro +15 (+24 jump) Climb +10 Diplo +10 Esc A +8 Intimidate +10 Know(History) +6 Know(Planes) +9 Know(Religion) +6 Ride +6 Stealth +6 (+11 to snipe) Survival +12 Swim +7 UMD +9
GM Upaynao wrote:
Karl, are you certain your stat block is up to date? You look awefully squishy with 38 hp.

Yes, with 7d8 on an archer, the HP is, sadly, correct.

Eadie Navhelan wrote:

Beautiful Numerian landscape wrote:
In the distance, barely visible, an enormous creature scuttles across the horizon, moving North-West.
Eadie raises her right hand to shield her eyes. “Is that an Annihilator, Jala Spirit-Eye?” “Your tribe is daring and potent indeed to rule the lands in which such creatures hunt.”

Karl says little during the journey, taking in the landscape the group is currently traveling by, but he's interested in knowing more about the creatures roam these fields. When Eadie points out the creature, he asks, "Jala, is that the average size of these metal beasts? I've never encountered one before."

Silver Crusade

Tian-Shu Human Investigator (Empiricist) L7 | HP: 23/59, THP 0 | AC:20(+3)(+2)(+4)(+1) T:13(+1) FF:18(+3)(+2)(+4) | CMB:10(+2)(+2) CMD:23(+2) | Saves F:6(+2) R:9(+2)(+1) W:6(+2) | Init:+3 | Per:+15(+2)+1d8 | Spd: 30(+30)(+10) | Rerolls: 0/1 | Inspiration: 5/8 | Mutagen: 0/1 | Conditions: barkskin (1h10m), longstrider (1h), heroism (50m), mutagen (1h10m)

Doh! Sorry forgot the material cost. Ok, will purchase with gold. :P Then spend 2pp to get potion of heroism.

Quote:
"Kai, might I ask where you had that breastplate made? We don't often get to see mithral in these lands with skymetal being so abundant. I should apologize if I seemed to suggest that you do not appear to be a mighty warrior... I would say you all cut very imposing figures, either in how lithe or strong you look."

Kai laughs good-naturedly in response. "No, no, not at all. Some, like Lady Eadie, here, are well-trained trained in the art of moving in such protective armor. Unfortunately, I have dabbled my time in both the martial and academic for much of my life as an investigator of the Absalom city guards, and never quite reached her proficiency in use of heavy armor. Lighter one like this mithral breastplate provides me a good balance of protection and mobility. This was incidently crafted by my neighbour actually. My parents runs a rather successful jewelry crafting shop in the Coins District, and just round the corner, Master Blacksmith Thonimal has his shop. I remember running around his forge and bellows as a small child, dodging the fiery sparks and the apprentices' hammering, much to his and my parents' consternation. Didn't take much to convince him to make this armor, and a fine piece it turned out, although I did had to first acquire the mithral from a rather grumpy dwarven minter."

Quote:
“I would hear of your own silvery shirt. Was it liberated from a starfall cairn? I was led to believe the Ghost Wolves shunned such items?”

"But enough about me, I would like to hear of your armor as well," Kai exclaims, staring admiringly at it. Or him.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Barbarian 1 / Sorcerer 4 / Dragon Disciple 4 | HP 87/87 | AC 20 [24 shield]; Tch 12 ; FF 18 | F +10; R +6; W +7 | CMB+14; CMD 25 | Speed 40 ft | Init +6 | Bite: +14 (1d6+13/19-20) | Perc +11

Insidion chuckles at the discussion of armor, wearing none himself.

"My strength and spells are armor enough. Does a dragon wear armor? No, it would interfere with spellcasting and agility."

The dragon disciple laughs again, this time in another voice. "WE WILL NOT BE RESTRAINED BY ARMOR!"

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

"My armor is made of hot siccatite friend he replies distractedly, watching the crature as it passes by, and disappears over a hill. I'm sorry friend Kai, but these creatures are dangerous. Even for us" he adds somberly. "Yes, Eadie Silver-Skinned. That is an Annihilator. It looks like it's on it's way to Scrapwall. Although who knows with the remnants of the Rain of Stars: perhaps it will pass on by without harm."

He nudges his horse forward, turning around to motion Karl and Kai forward, so as to continue their conversation along the way. "The Annihilator is the largest of the creatures born of metal. Most are smaller. There are legends of bigger ones though, but they remain legends. Perhaps for the best."

After a long conversation revolving around forging and jewelry making, followed by a longer trot through the Sellen Hills, the band finally arrives to the Ghost Wolf camp. The settlement is abuzz with activity, with some wrestling and sparring, others mending weapons and armor and some butchering an immense boar, cutting it into strips to preserve as several older members lead in an energetic work song to keep the pace lively.

Within a broad open tent, half a dozen mystics consult books, familiars, and each other while discussing magical theory as children come and go, either playing or taking a lazy interest in the activities of their elders throughout the camp.

Jala dismounts, and offers his help to others. "Welcome to our camp. Xol-Nomag may only rule over a small branch of the Ghost Wolves, but we are by far the most learned of our tribe. Make yourselves at home! You are guests among the Ghost Wolves, and none will seek to block your path." A child runs up to him, asking him if he has time to help mend a tent. He chuckles as the other riders begin taking care of the horses. "I am called upon for a great task. I will see you in the evening!"

You have some time to spend before your evening meeting/meal with the fabled Xol-Nomag. Let me know what, if anything, you'd like to do.

1 to 50 of 414 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 8-04 Wardens of Sulfur Gulch by GM Upaynao All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.