Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 8-00 The Cosmic Captive by GMUpaynao - Subtier 7-8 (Inactive)

Game Master Upaynao

Asteroid Map
A Rough Landing
Broken Tower

The Lost Temple
Environmental Conditions Key
In the midst of Cultists
Island hoping
The Heart of the Matter


101 to 150 of 505 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [Temp: 16] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 16* - Perception +8 - Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will +8 (+1 vs. Curses) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Rowanna moves within 10 feet of the pool and attempts to decipher the runes around the basin in order to to find some clue on how to calm the spirit.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

LOL.

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 34/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Tess follows the other witch, peering over her shoulder and looks for any evidence of active magic affecting the basin.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Ragathiel 8 - HP: 61/75 - Init: +7 - Fort/Ref/Will: +13/+7/+13 - Perception: +18 - AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 21 - CMD: 25 - Judgment: 1/3 - Destructive Smite: 2/6 - Rage 4/8 - Bane: 1/8 - Discern Lies: 8/8 - Spells: 1st: 0/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 3/3 - Active Buffs: Heroism, Shield of Faith +3

Lyan blesses himself as to better understand the inscriptions.

Casting Comprehend Languages in lieu of a Linguistics check.

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

Question for the future GM: Barnaby uses Linguistics for Diplomacy checks to change the attitude of creatures. Would that a) apply here and b) if so, would it be considered a 'Diplomacy' check, or Linguistics for purposes of making later checks harder?

They never just want to talk... Barnaby thinks to himself as he wracks his brain trying to recall how to quell restless spirits.

Know Religion: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 + (4) + 2 = 39

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

"I don't know what the hells this is," mutters Jal as the great device begins to spin up, "but I know a thing or two about disabling things."

Defusing the Spirit!
Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

August looks to the others for some type of instruction, however he gets impatient and moves to try and distract the thing! I'm not sure exactly what August's goal is but he can try to keep it from moving forward or something.

CMB?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr urgently projects her image to speak to every Pathfinder, and appears to be holding tightly to a steel ring near an alien device. “Everyone, brace yourselves. We have finished repairs of a strange craft on the bright side of the asteroid, and the engines will fire shortly, hopefully causing this rock to spin and even out the extreme temperatures. This may get a bit bumpy though in three…two…one... Hold on!”

A sudden jolt shakes the entire asteroid, sending anything unsecured reeling as the stars begin to spin overhead.

Table GMs, the Engines benefit is now in play. Vroooooom!

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

As a sudden lurch send every one reeling, a heat wave snakes it'as way through, causing much of the ice to start melting. However, the spirit is just as angry, and with Autumn's half-attempt at keeping her distracted, her wrath falls upon one of the Pathfinders.

Who? 1=Tess, 2=Lyan, 3=Barnaby, 4=Jal: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Attack vs Tess: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Damage?: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) + 8 = 20

A blast of force rockets into Tessara, sending her back a few steps. It appears from the initial efforts made, that this was once a scrying pool used by Oracles of ancient Iovo.

[ooc]Sucesses: 1 Disable Device, 1 Knowledge (Religion), 1 Linguistics, and 1 Spellcraft.

To answer your question Barnaby, you would be bumping up the DC on Diplomacy checks, as you are using Linguistics in lieu of Diplomacy.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Lyan
Jal
Rowanna
Ethendril
Tessara
August
Barnaby

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 34/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Tess steadies herself after the lurch of the planet and the damage from the spirit. She tries to focus on the basin to see if her magical abilities anything new.

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Ragathiel 8 - HP: 61/75 - Init: +7 - Fort/Ref/Will: +13/+7/+13 - Perception: +18 - AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 21 - CMD: 25 - Judgment: 1/3 - Destructive Smite: 2/6 - Rage 4/8 - Bane: 1/8 - Discern Lies: 8/8 - Spells: 1st: 0/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 3/3 - Active Buffs: Heroism, Shield of Faith +3

Anger rises in Lyan when he sees the apparation lash out at Tess, and challenges it to strike a worthy target.

"Unholy spirit! The flames of Ragathiel's wings shall purge you from this realm!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [Temp: 16] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 16* - Perception +8 - Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will +8 (+1 vs. Curses) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Averting her eyes from the spirit to avoid further distractions, Rowanna attempts to add on to what Lyan found earlier in the inscriptions.

Comprehend Languages has been active on Rowanna already, will make a Linguistics check on top of it.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

Jal struggles to keep his footing through the jarring motion as he continues fiddling with the great mechanism. "How hard can it be to keep this space-rock steady?"

He looks over at Tessara, who–to her credit–kept working through the attack. "You alright?!"

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

Wincing as a force bolt rockets past him to slam into the witch (one of them at least), Barnaby takes a step to the side as her looks carefully at the water.

"So, this is a scrying pool then? Though clearly a defended one. If the woman is some kind of interface, then maybe..."

Quickly thinking through his lessons on divinatory mediums, Barnaby murmurs a few words and twists his hands into the relevant somatic gestures.

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 2 + (6) + 2 = 46

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Barnaby's introspection allows him to realize that the spirit here is a remnant of one of the oracles from the lost planet, and that she believes that you are somehow responsible not only for the sundering of her planet, but more importantly for the deaths of all these explorers from another planet. However these beings all died when the elementals arrived and occupied the asteroid, of that he is sure. He shouts as much to Rowanna, who shouts at the creature using what she can glean of the lost language!

Lyan's threats prove unnecessary. The Creature's face sheds it's raging appearance. Arcane energies cpoalesce, and the creature speaks in a tongue you each understand as your native dialect.

"I am the Voice of Seven Songs; one of the oracles of Lost Iovo. I apologize for my actions, but in my wrath, I thought that you were here to cause more harm."

She raises her hands in a gesture of helplessness. "My world is gone, and for it I only have a fraction of the powers the gods bequeathed us all. I do not remember much of the past at all, but the immediate future is mine to peal through like pages in a book. Your paths will cross that of servants of the Elemental Lord Kelizandri, the Brackish Emperor. But not all serve willingly. Some you must fight. Some you must free. Beware the flapping of wings and unleash your wrath upon the chains."

You gain a +2 bonus on your initiative checks during their next combat encounter!

"But beyond that, there is information you must know if you are to free the being at the center of it all, whose breeze howls within the gem. Come closer so I may give you this information."

You just got a clue! These are important!

After your interaction with the now benevolent oracle, you set off again in a much warmer city. Ice melts all around as you make your way through towards a broken tower from which perhaps you can get a good view upon the city's layout without having to expend resources.

The wind blows strongly across the plaza before the tower, sounding strange, alien notes to put your nerves on edge. Pained growls of hunting predators ring through the surrounding structures, as from atop the tower, two blue scaled winged creatures look down on you.

Initiative!:

Jal Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
August Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Tessara Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Rowanna Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Barnaby Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Lyan Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Ethendril Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Blue Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Red Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

Rowanna
Tessara
Lyan
Jal
August

Blue
Ethendril
Red
Barnaby

Battle Map

Knowledge (Arcana) DC 17 to figure out what these are.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Ragathiel 8 - HP: 61/75 - Init: +7 - Fort/Ref/Will: +13/+7/+13 - Perception: +18 - AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 21 - CMD: 25 - Judgment: 1/3 - Destructive Smite: 2/6 - Rage 4/8 - Bane: 1/8 - Discern Lies: 8/8 - Spells: 1st: 0/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 3/3 - Active Buffs: Heroism, Shield of Faith +3

A mixture of disappointment and relief washes over Lyan as the oracular spirit calms down. After it imparts its knowledge, he wryly comments on the events while en route to the next site.

"Good job, Barnaby. Tactical advantages and snippets of esoteric knowledge are always welcome. Ragathiel surely guides your inquisitive mind."

At the plaza:

Knowledge (arcana), Monster Lore, Heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 4 + 2 = 25
Apart from what they are, I'd like about their Damage Reduction and Spell Resistance.

"Look alive, comrades! Kelizandri's minions accost us again!"

Lyan calls upon Ragathiel's burning fury and advances towards the creatures.

Swift action: activate Judgement (Protection and Resistance [cold]). Standard action: Cast Flames of the Faithful. Move action: move 20 ft closer to the enemies.

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)
Lyan wrote:
”Ragathiel surely guides your inquisitive mind.”

Jal’s raises his in surprised humor, then looks over at Barnaby, ”You hear that? Some great creature in the heavens is directing your thoughts, Smart Guy. That make you feel better?”

His gray eyes turn on the two winged creatures, ’What are the chances our ‘flapping of wings’ comes from one of those two?” Then he begins searching the area for other threats as he fans out, hoping to present difficult targets if either of the two should start trying to breathe great gouts of flame at them … or whatever it is these things might breathe.

Jal makes both creatures his Studied Targets, then Perceptionizes the area around us for additional threats.
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19; sheesh. What's with these rolls?

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 34/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Know. Arcana 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Any way Tess could have healed up between encounters? If so, she will use her CLW wand. CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Tess moves 25' due north, waiting for an enemy to approach within her hex range.

Would someone please move me on the map? Thanks.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr’s projection appears once again to every Pathfinder. Behind her is a map of the Asteroid, Aucturn’s Tear, lit up with different colors around the different regions.

“Good news, everyone! Our tactical reports coming from the region known as Area F, ‘The Sea of Fire’, tell us that the entire region has been claimed and is now safe for travel! Keep going, Pathfinders!”

The Sea of Fire has been Claimed!

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Absolutely! Heal up! Oh and before I forget.

Time elapsed: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

About 22 minutes have elapsed since you arrived on the asteroid.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [Temp: 16] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 16* - Perception +8 - Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will +8 (+1 vs. Curses) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Tess has been moved 25 feet to the north.

"That was rather simple, other than one of our number being viciously attacked and the space rock moving." Rowanna opines, almost sounding bored as the group moves to the next area.

I'll assume that Lyan and Tess have the Knowledge roll covered.

Upon reaching the tower, Rowanna moves to the north and readies a Hex.

Readied Action: Evil Eye on the first enemy creature that comes within 30 feet. If it's not immune to mind-affecting effects, it'll take a -4 to its Will saves for 1 round. If it fails a DC 21 Will save the -4 will last for 10 rounds.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Jal slinks along the edge of the plaza, looking around for other foes. Fortunately, he does not find any.

Tessara and Lyan recognize these as frost drakes. Rather green around the gills frosts drakes even. Looks like the asteroid's new spin is not to everyone's liking.

The blue-rimmed one takes to the skies dives down and snaps at Jal before turning about and rising back up.

Bite, Power Attack, Vital Strike: 1d20 + 11 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 3 = 27
Damage: 4d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 3) + 4 + 6 = 23

Fly Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

It is barely able to make the sharp turn it needs to make to fly away from Jal, leaving itself open to an attack!

Take an AoO Jal!

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

Rowanna
Tessara
Lyan
Jal 23 dmg
August
Blue
Ethendril
Red
Barnaby

Battle Map

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

August double moves toward the enemy in the center of square. C'mon down here, I'm ready for ya!

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [Temp: 16] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 16* - Perception +8 - Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will +8 (+1 vs. Curses) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Knowledge (arcana) for more info on Frost Drakes: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

This can go off on Rowanna's turn, just didn't want to forget. I'd like to know Spell Resistance, Energy Resistance/Immunities, Damage Reduction, and special abilities in that order. Shouldn't Lyan have gotten one question answered with a 25 if the DC is 17?

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Crap I knew I was forgetting something. Yes Lyan can get one question answered. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Ragathiel 8 - HP: 61/75 - Init: +7 - Fort/Ref/Will: +13/+7/+13 - Perception: +18 - AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 21 - CMD: 25 - Judgment: 1/3 - Destructive Smite: 2/6 - Rage 4/8 - Bane: 1/8 - Discern Lies: 8/8 - Spells: 1st: 0/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 3/3 - Active Buffs: Heroism, Shield of Faith +3

Then I'll take immuneties that aren't energy based.

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

AoO, katana: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 - 2 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 22


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

“More tactical reports have been flowing in to our Control Center,” Sorrina Westyr proclaims as her image appears once more to all of you. She points her wand at a now glowing region of the Asteroid. “We’ve cleared another region! Area D, The Frozen City has been claimed and is now safe for travel!”

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

As the other Drake takes to the skies, Lyan realizes that these creatures are immune to sleep and paralysis. Meanwhile, Rowanna realises these creatures are immune to Cold, but vulnerable to Fire. While not possessing of any paticular resistances to spells or blades, these creatures have a freezing breath attack; consisting of a globe of liquid spat out by the drake which can freeze people and make movement difficult.

Something which the other drake is doing right now.

Breath attack damage: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 1, 4, 3, 4) = 21

Anyone in the Cyan area in in difficult terrain.

Difficult Terrain duration: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

PC Reflex Saves:

Reflex Lyan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Reflex Tessara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Reflex Rowanna: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Reflex Barnaby: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Reflex Ethendril: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Everyone made their saves, holler if you have Evasion.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

Blue 22 dmg
Ethendril 10 dmg
Red
Barnaby 10 dmg

Round 2

Rowanna 10 dmg
Tessara 10 dmg
Lyan 10 dmg
Jal 23 dmg
August

Battle Map

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Ragathiel 8 - HP: 61/75 - Init: +7 - Fort/Ref/Will: +13/+7/+13 - Perception: +18 - AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 21 - CMD: 25 - Judgment: 1/3 - Destructive Smite: 2/6 - Rage 4/8 - Bane: 1/8 - Discern Lies: 8/8 - Spells: 1st: 0/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 3/3 - Active Buffs: Heroism, Shield of Faith +3

"Wretched drakes! You have no honor! The General of Vengeance shall guide our strikes!"

Lyan blesses the party and moves carefully towards the nearest drake.

Standard action: cast Bless. Move action: move 15 ft closer to blue.

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

On phone, so can't manipulate map. Please move Barnaby west as best you can. I think I'll be at the edge, though still in, the difficult terrain.

Dodging the worst of the ice but still sliding in its remains, the detective slips closer to the drakes as he pulls out a long spear. Looking at the lower dragon, he focuses at it, sending images of terror and dread into its reptilian mind.

Casting Onieric Horror on blue. It needs a DC 17 Will save or spends it full turn trying to fight an imaginary creature next to it. It gets a new will save at the end of each round, but if it's effected even for one round it's fatigued when it shakes off the spell.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 5 / Oracle 3 | HP 86/86 | AC 24; Tch 12; FF 23 | F +12; R +7; W +10 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | +1 Greatsword (adamantine): +12 (2d6+7/19-20) | Perc +12

Stuck in the difficult terrain, Ethendril makes his way behind the wrecked walls, keeping them between himself and the drakes as he moves closer. double move (I've counted the difficult terrain squares)

His life-link with August, Barnaby, and Jal heals each of them. Please heal 5 hp, which I'll take.

He heals some of his own wounds with a touch.

swift lay on hands: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9 After taking the 15 dmg and healing 9, I should be at 70 hp (down 16)

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [Temp: 16] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 16* - Perception +8 - Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will +8 (+1 vs. Curses) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Rowanna's damage will come out of her 17 temp HP. She has 7 temp HP now.

Rowanna concentrates for a moment to activate her Flight Hex. She then hovers over the icy ground closer to the drakes. "I would suggest using fiery attacks if you possess them."

Only currently flying high enough to avoid difficult terrain.

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

Are we still low-gravity? And if we are, can Jal use Spring Attack with a jump to—quite literally—spring up past the drake-thing and hit it on the way by?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

August will move back down toward he friends and ready his attack on whatever enemy comes within striking distance. As I understand it, I can't reach either one of these critters from the ground.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

You are! And you can go ahead and do that.

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

SA-WEET!

Jal grins as he rushes forward, gaining momentum as his kapenia flares out behind him in the air. He launches himself skyward, rocketing right under the drake’s belly as he lashes upwards with his blade.

SPRING ATTACK! (mods: Studied Target, Power Attack, Furious Focus)
Acro: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25; (divided by 4, doubled b/c of gravity) = 12 ft vertical height gained = success!
.
+1 katana: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 = 34 <— CRIT
damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 23
— confirm: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15
— add’l damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 20

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

The Drake screetches as the blades dig deep into it's flesh. A grievous wound for sure, but this is the Drake's nest. They won't give in.

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

However, in the drake's mind's eye, a full fledged dragon appears out of the void of space, it's scales black as night. Screeching, it flies up to a slightly higher altitude to deal with the new threat.

Fly Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Five foot step upward. Unless I am getting this wrong, it gets another save right now.

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Dicebot giveth, and dicebot taketh away.

The Pathfinders merely see it being fighting against an unseen foe.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Rowanna
Tessara 5 dmg
Lyan 5 dmg
Jal 18 dmg
August
Blue 65 dmg
Ethendril 16 dmg
Red
Barnaby 5 dmg

Battle Map

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 34/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Tess also activates her flight Hex, moving closer to her front line so that she might spur them on to victory.

Could someone move me just south of Lyan? I will be in the air just above and to his south. Thanks.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Done!

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)
GM Upaynao wrote:

The Drake screetches as the blades dig deep into it's flesh. A grievous wound for sure, but this is the Drake's nest. They won't give in.

[dice=Will Save]1d20 + 5

However, in the drake's mind's eye, a full fledged dragon appears out of the void of space, it's scales black as night. Screeching, it flies up to a slightly higher altitude to deal with the new threat.

[dice=Fly Check]1d20 + 10

Five foot step upward. Unless I am getting this wrong, it gets another save right now.

[dice=Will Save]1d20 + 5

Dicebot giveth, and dicebot taketh away.

It makes the save at the end of its turn, just like Glitterdust or the like. the spell can last up to 8 rounds.

Also it doesn't even move normally, though unless these drakes have hover it makes sense that if it needs to move a bit to stop from falling it would.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

It doesn't have Hover. However after a further delve into the rules to double check that my actions were kosher, it couldn't fly up five feet as that would be equivalent to ten feet of movement. So it is at the same level as before, aka ten feet up from the ground.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

The Drake's mate, seething, flies in low for an attack on Jal, in which it proves that it's companion may not have been the most tactically minded creature as it reaches down from fifteen feet to bite at Jal.

And that is why I should double check stat blocks!

Bite, Power Attack, Vital Strike: 1d20 + 11 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 3 + 1 = 13
Damage: 4d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 3) + 4 + 6 = 19

Fly Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Distracted as it it it cannot land a blow nor turn around on a dime.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Ethendril
Red
Barnaby 5 dmg

Round 3

Rowanna
Tessara 5 dmg
Lyan 5 dmg
Jal 16 dmg
August

Blue 65 dmg

Battle Map

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

I see no one moved me last round. As I requested to move three spaces to the left/west, to the edge of the ice, I think I can move under the Blue drake right now. Again, can't currently access to manipulate drawing in my phone.

With long spear drawn, Barnaby steps free o Greg ice and hurries under the confused and dumber drake. He studies it frantic motions before stabbing up at it.

"You're afraid of the wrong thing."

Swift action Study blue
Power attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 31 for damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 6 + 4 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Ragathiel 8 - HP: 61/75 - Init: +7 - Fort/Ref/Will: +13/+7/+13 - Perception: +18 - AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 21 - CMD: 25 - Judgment: 1/3 - Destructive Smite: 2/6 - Rage 4/8 - Bane: 1/8 - Discern Lies: 8/8 - Spells: 1st: 0/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 3/3 - Active Buffs: Heroism, Shield of Faith +3

Cursing the drakes' cowardice, Lyan drops his sword, moves next to Ethendril while drawing a javelin and throws it at the unharmed one.

Free action: drop sword. Move action: move 20 ft while drawing a javelin. Swift action: grant javelin Bane (dragon). Standard action: attack red (adding destructive smite).

Attack, bane, bless, heroism, range: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 24
Damage, bane, destructive smite: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + (3, 4) + 4 = 23

Moved Barnaby.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 5 / Oracle 3 | HP 86/86 | AC 24; Tch 12; FF 23 | F +12; R +7; W +10 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | +1 Greatsword (adamantine): +12 (2d6+7/19-20) | Perc +12

With the creatures both flying, Ethendril draws his longbow and fires a pair of arrows at the nearest drake.

The paladin seems more proficient in his melee weapons, however.

MW Longbow (+4): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
MW Longbow (+4): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

I'll take another 10 hp dmg from Barnaby and Jal , so please heal yourselves.

swift lay on hands: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 = 11

Puts me at 71 hp (down 15).

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [Temp: 16] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 16* - Perception +8 - Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will +8 (+1 vs. Curses) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Rowanna flies up 10 feet and then moves within 20 feet of the drake as she attempts to place a Misfortune Hex on the creature.

DC 21 Will save, or Misfortune is active for 2 rounds on the Blue Drake.

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

Jal notes Ethendril's healing as he slides to a stop. Comet dust sprays up into the air, ricochets off the wall, and becomes a cloud he ducks into to avoid the second drake's attack. "Wait your turn," he grunts as he reverses direction and makes a second pass at his first target.

Spring Attack on Blue. The movement (I think) provokes an AoO from Red vs an AC 26.
Acro: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
.
+1 keen katana: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 34/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Seeing Rowenna focusing on ruining the blue drake's day, Tess decides to pile on and uses her Slumber hex, trying to put the beast to sleep and knock it out of the sky.

Slumber Hex. D.C. 19 Will to avoid.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker My signup sheet

The blue scaled drake collapses down, the longspear having slain it.

Everyone after Barnaby, please rethink your actions please. I'll update again tonight. Also, is Lyan not likelinked? If he isn't gain 5 hp Ethendril; August was never damaged.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 3

Rowanna
Tessara
Lyan 5 dmg
Jal
August
Ethendril 15 dmg

Red
Barnaby

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

Though not a fan of it, August will drop his greatsword and draw out bow and arrow so that he can join the fight! I assume red is still in view.

Bow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 for Arrow: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

101 to 150 of 505 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 8-00 The Cosmic Captive by GMUpaynao - Subtier 7-8 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.