Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 8-00 The Cosmic Captive by GMUpaynao - Subtier 7-8 (Inactive)

Game Master Upaynao

Asteroid Map
A Rough Landing
Broken Tower

The Lost Temple
Environmental Conditions Key
In the midst of Cultists
Island hoping
The Heart of the Matter


1 to 50 of 505 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

The Cairnlands, dotted with the remnants of the fools who thought they could take Absalom, sees an influx of pathfinder agents as they assemble en masse beneath the legendary Spire of Nex. Above, the night sky is cloudy, and a storm is in the air.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

Hey, am I su'posed ta be here or somewheres else? I can't never figure out these thingys.

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 58/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Tess shifted back and forth uncomfortably. She'd only been to one gathering of Society members with this kind of attendance, and it ended up almost killing her. Typically the age indeterminate elf liked to knit while getting her briefing as it helped ease her mind, but it seemed as if that wasn't likely to occur. She reached inside a fold of her robe and petted the head of a tiny monkey that poked her head out on occasion.

She shivered looking at the foreboding atmosphere. "I'm Tess," she introduces herself quietly, not wanting to miss a word of the briefing.

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

Barnaby makes his way through the growing throng of Pathfinders agents, his expression tightening into a thinner and thinner frown as he goes. Half the lodge outside here on an ominous night. I've seen this before. Let's hope we don't hatter the continuum this time.

The well-tanned half-elf man takes advantage of his height to crane his neck trying to locate people within the crowd. As his head turns to and fro the action reveals that his skull seems...oddly shaped: the top unusually flat while each side stretches disconcertingly far.

Eyes landing on a scarred dwarven fighter, the half-elf twitches a grin and makes his way over to him. "August, yes? You're August Autumnwild? Barnaby, Barnaby Rockford. From my summons I take it we're to working together on this." Barnaby extends a and out swiftly to the dwarf. "A friend of mine mentioned he journeyed with you within the Tapestry. Said you did good work. Excellent, I suspect we'll need it."

The man gives another nod towards Tess and introduces himself to her before shifting his arm back to his side. The half-elf has what would likely be considered a fashionable outfit on top of his chain shirt were it not for the worn and unkempt way he wears it. Barnaby taps absentmindedly on the top on his cane. "So have either of your heard what we are here for? Not another of Shaine's projects I hope."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

Oh! Well, that's good that I did a good job with good people, and stuff. As for knowin' what's goin' on here, I was hopin' someone like you oughta know that.

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

"I wish I did, but I've just come back from Tian Xia. Barely had a chance to leave the boat before being directed off to here."

The half-elf blanches slightly as more and more people arrive. "Of course that last time I saw this many agents together we all almost died in...suitably impressive fashion. Experience is giving me a feeling this is unlikely to be significantly less dangerous."

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

A tall, long-limbed, athletic-looking Varisian makes his way through the gathering crowd. From his dust-covered, highly-varied traveler’s clothes to the literal wealth of tattoos covering his pale, exposed skin to the patch-covered kapenia draped around his neck … he couldn’t be more of a walking Varisian stereotype if he tried. Well, the tips of his ears sticking out of his long, unkempt hair—giving away his elven heritage—break the image somewhat, but it’s a small concession. Overall, he perfectly fits the part of the Varisian drifter-mercenary.

He steps up into the middle of the ongoing conversation, adjusting the hilt of a Tien-made blade that peeks over his shoulder. His gray eyes study each of you with a gambler’s inscrutability, and he gives everyone a smirk and a nod.

”Tess. Barnaby. August.” He sticks out a tattoo-covered hand for a shake, ”I’m Jal.” He cuts his eyes to the crowd around them, ”Wonder how long until this party starts.”

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

A pale young human woman with Chelaxian features strolls up to the assembled group, dressed in a dark cloak with a raven on her shoulder. Her bright blue eyes glance at each individual for only a moment before speaking to her bird, "Once more into the fray, my dear Morrey. Do try to stay alive, won't you?"

The bird squawks and replies "Yes, yes Mistress."

The woman then lowers the hood of her cloak to reveal her shoulder-length black hair and announces to the group with a small curtsy, "I am Rowanna Nachtalus, at your service. I do hope I haven't missed anything yet."


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to continue to introduce yourselves in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

Barnaby raises an eyebrow at the Chelish woman's bird. "So it talks. Good enough."

"And haven't missed much of anything yet." the half-elf notices a masked figure staring at them as he talks "though I get the sense we won't be so lucky for much longer."

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

"I don't know," responds Jal, watching the two women with their respective animal friends, má tá tú a póg le muc, go dtiocfadh leat a dhéanamh chomh maith go tapa. Its what my uncle used to say, anyway.”

if you speak Varisian:
”if you have to kiss a pig, you might as well do it quickly.”

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

"To be clear, it is a he and his name is Morrey. He prefers to be properly gendered." Rowanna coolly corrects Barnaby, then listens carefully to Jal's aphorism in Varisian, "I'm not sure what you mean by that phrase, but clearly no one here is a pig."


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

The clouds part, and starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the ever-looming Spire of Nex. Way above, lazily making it's way the other stars, a comet streaks across the night sky. Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and from the shadow in the shape of great wings that occasionally darkens the field, you believe that guards might be the most mundane thing assuring your safety here. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards. These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

As you head to your assigned spot, you hear the following concerning the Society’s latest activities related to this gathering.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) (One roll per character; open all spoilers that apply)

DC 12+:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

DC 17+:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

DC 22+:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

DC 27+:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

- - -

You rack your brains, trying to recall what you know of the Spire of Nex.

Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History). (One roll per character; open all spoilers that apply)

DC 10+:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

DC 20+:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

- - -

The comet in the sky also rings a bell. It definitely came up during one of Kreighton Shane's classes.

Knowledge (Geography) or Profession (Astronomer). (One roll per character; open all spoilers that apply)

DC 10+:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

DC 15+:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

DC 20+:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

DC 25+:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn’s Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

As you ponder these thoughs, a creepy looking elderly man steps forward, stroking his pure white beard. He is followed by a youngster, a bored one at that, who pulls a small cart in which you see stacks of small rucksacks. You notice other people moving around the group that are also followed by an adolescent with a cart.

"Myeesss... I see that you are in need of supplies. Has noone given you the free supplies? They are magical you know! Magics strong enough to help you in your trip outside of Golarion’s atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment."

He waits for a moment to let the news sink in.

"Oh yes, yes indeed, the comet! I won't be joining you there. They won't have me. Pah. Joke's on them, I'll be on my own down here. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't dream of leaving Golarion without it! Unless, of course, I wished for death."

"The spell will last you for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders, in their great wisdom, have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they will find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet..."

Cackling, he reaches into his spell component pouch "Sooooo, what do you say? Who of you chooses life?"

This man is offering to cast Planerery Adaptation. I would strongly advise you to make use of the spell. This special spell will cost you 1 prestige point and lasts 11 hours in-game time, starting in act 2 (which starts tomorrow)

With spellcasting out of the way, the man takes one of the small sacks from the youngster "In addition, the Society has put together caches of supplies to help Pathfinders trapped in hostile conditions make it back in one piece" handing you over the rucksack.

Each PC receives two pouches of air crystals, a potion of endure elements, and one snapleaf.

Air crystals:
These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.

Snapleaf:
This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
Knowledge (Geography) untrained, max DC 10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Rowanna's attempts to speak to the other Pathfinder's assembled fail miserably, but she does recall some pertinent facts about the Spire of Nex that she shares with the others, "The Archmage of Nex built it a very long time ago as part of a siege of Absalom. It is said to house his armies although it has no entrances. Some believe time and space bend around it."

As for the old man's offer, she reluctantly nods her approval for the spell and accepts packet of items, "I don't like the sound of where we might be going, but I'd hardly want to die in the void of space."

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 58/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Know. Arcana 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Know. Geography 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

"Well, the new comet in the sky has everyone antsy. Fortune tellers are saying it's the end of the world. Not sure I believe all that, of course. The rumors about the strange gateways appearing all over the world trouble me more, to be honest. I suspect the Master of Spells knows something about it."

Tess reaches and takes the provided pack. "Yes, please. I'll take a casting of the spell."

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)
Rowanna Nachtalus wrote:
"To be clear, it is a he and his name is Morrey. He prefers to be properly gendered." Rowanna coolly corrects Barnaby

The detective looks down sheepishly. "Apologies then, Morrey. Didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot."

The awkward moment is (thankfully) cut off as the elderly man approaches and begins outlining what they will be facing. As he goes on, Barnaby wishes he was back to insulting familiars.

Going up into space then. Heh, of course. Already done the one, why not the other.

Diplo: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2
Know Arcana=Yes (Minimum 22)
Know Geo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"And the society's sure that the comet is a comet, and not something else, right? That thing's moving strange, even for us, and while I'm all for choosing life, to me that means not squandering it."

Barnaby will accept the Planetary Adaptation.
He would also like to requisition from Zarta two scrolls of Resist Energy and a potion of Barkskin, as well as a new Wand of Cure Light Wounds (the last with Prestige)
Finally, he will pick up a pair of First Aid Gloves if there are any merchants still around.

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

Jal seems about to respond to Rowanna when the activities seem to kick off. He gives her a smirking shrug and makes his way to their designated spot.

Can’t beat anyone else’s roll on anything except...
Know (Geography): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

”I heard that’s recently traveled past Akiton,” he shrugs, not fully knowing what Akiton is or what it’s relevance is, ”and it should pass Golarion in the next 24 hours. Weird thing is that they said it looked like it was originally rotating slowly. Now it seems to have stopped spinning altogether.”

He gives Barnaby a meaningful look, ”So your question’s a good one, *cara. What is it really?”
*cara = “Friend” in Varisian

Jal takes the Society’s handouts—including the spell—and grins, ”Never turn down swag.” He watches Barnaby buy a few extra scrolls, ”That’s a second good idea, Smart Guy.” He looks at the vendor, ”I’ll take two, as well.”

1 prestige spent on the spell.
300g spent on 3 Scrolls of Resist Energy.
2 Air crystals and Snapleaf noted on my sheet.

"What the hells else might we find in space?"

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 58/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Good thinking. Tess will also buy two scrolls of Resist Energy.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

August will take the advice given to him and also accept the spell that was offered. He'll also take his share of the items, even if he doesn't know any better.

What's gravity? Why would it be low? The dwarf ponders the situation, the look on his face gives away the confusion he suffers.


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

Three approaches? Barnaby thinks as he readies his gear and braces himself to leave the planet. Sure. Why not split the Lodge ?

As the six of them move to the portal's edge before striding through, the half-elf's eyes widen, then narrow at the legions of earth 'thinigs' and the crystal drakes approaching. Well, good thing they let me take this for a test he mutters to himself as he readies the pick Fossilbane. Now I just need to make sure not to drop it out or orbit. Looks like there's a welcoming committee. Let's try to accept the invitation then. Barnaby's voice raises to be heard by the others as the grinding and screeching sounds get closer.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Hopefully PatheticWretch can report in soon; I'm going to give him until tomorrow before getting a replacement. Although, to balance things out karmically, it would be fair for me to run a table of 7...

The view as you step into the portal is one all assembled here will remember for the rest of their lives. Where the horizon would be, the vast void, dark and only light by the pinprick light of distant stars. The ground is made of a grey silty basalt, which puffs up with every step taken. The ground rises upward from where the portal arrives in such a way that suggests that perhaps this is the lip of a depression in the ground.

Stepping through the large portal by the Spire shunts you out into one of a dozen or more smaller portals upon the comet's desolate surface, much like a rope's end frays into a multitude pieces. The more arcane-inclined of the team suspect that the anchor here is tenuous at best; something the new master of spells should attend to quickly, instead of blasting away at dragons, to say nothing of the smaller creatures, roused to defend the comet from intruders such as the Pathfinders.

Of particular interest, perhaps because they are bearing down on you, are two creatures with bat like wings and rocky skin. Landing on nearby rocky outcroppings, they screech at you, as if heralding the arrival of whatever is displacing the silt in a eight-foot radius.

Initiative!:

Jal Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
August Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Tessara Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Rowanna Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Barnaby Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Ethendril Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Mole-man: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Current Gravity=LOW.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

Jal
Rowanna
Ethendril

Blue
Red
Tessara
August
Barnaby
Mole-man!

Battle Map

So, I am OK with the purchases, but the requisition of Fossilbane is a little on the iffy side as it was done after the Overseer post but before mine (boon states that it must be done at the beginning of an adventure). I'll let it slide though.

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

I had mentioned bringing it in my first post in the Discussion thread earlier, but realized I had never confirmed in the gameplay. That said if you would rather I not bring it, that's absolutely fine as well. I don't mean to push the limits or anything.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

OoOoOoOoOo... My bad. That post puts this in a totally different light. Please, go ahead and check off your Fossilbane use, it no longer feels fishy. And my apologies if I came across the wrong way.

Enjoy breaking the Fossils!

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

Hey, no problem: question away if you are wondering if anything's up. There's a lot going on with any special.
To be frank half the reason I felt like bringing it was because PFS timeline paradoxes amuse me (Barnaby bought some antiplague at the start of a mission in which he somehow invented antiplague at one point) :)

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

In regards to any future potential no gravity situations, Rowanna can Feather Fall at will and Fly up to 8 minutes a day due to her Flight Hex.

As Sorrina Westyr begins explaining the mission specifics, Rowanna takes the opportunity to quaff her potion of Endure Elements and place the Snapleaf around her neck.

After entering the portal and laying eyes upon the aggressive creatures approaching, Rowanna first attempts to identify them.

Blind Knowledge Roll to identify bat-winged creatures: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Planes) +18; Knowledge (Religion) +12; Knowledge (Local) +8

If she identifies them as creatures capable of slumber, she waits until one of them gets close enough to put down with a Slumber Hex, otherwise, she uses a Misfortune Hex on it.

Readying an action to place either a Slumber Hex (if can sleep) or a Misfortune Hex on identified creature if he gets within 30 feet. If cannot be identified then Misfortune Hex. DC 21 Will save in either case.

Also, if the GM would allow, Rowanna would have cast her False Life and used a wand to place Mage Armor on herself before entering the portal (as well as drank the potion of Endure Elements). If there wasn't enough time, then I'll work them in between encounters.

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

Crap! I could have sworn I had potions of Fly and Endure Elements on this guy, but my char sheet says otherwise. This could be rough. Sorry, team. :/

"They're singing my song," Jal quips as the ruckus starts. He darts forward, angling toward the creature on the left, using the strange columns for cover as his blade hisses free from its scabbard, "Time to dance!"

He braces for the worst as he passes through the portal and into the unknown, wondering at the sudden feeling of low gravity as he studies his target.

Double move (hoping to use that pillar-looking thing to provide cover and break up potential charge lanes), drawing katana on the way. I'm on m phone; can someone move Jal three squares down and one right of Blue? Then a swift action to make Blue a Studied Target.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Rowanna is struck by a moment of clarity. These creature aren't just normal gargoyles, they are advanced gargoyles! With reflexes superior then those of a cat, these creature's stony skin is only effectively pierced by magical weapons. The one on the right seems to have been hibernating in a spot where is was exposed to a constant shadow while the other seems to have had a bad case of heat burn sometime in the past.

You have two remaining questions about them Rowanna, because... Well... Yes, they can fall asleep. Also, yes you can absolutely have those spells cast upon you in advance.

The two gargoyles look upon the Pathfinders with predatory intent. And when one of them separates from the group, they growl with pleasure, before launching themselves at Jal.

They both benefit from High Ground on Jal.

Blue, Claw: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Red, Claw: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

However, the eons they have spent dormant seem to have affected them... Poorly.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

Jal
Rowanna
Ethendril
Blue
Red
Tessara
August
Barnaby

Mole-man!

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

False Life Temp HP: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Questions: Energy Resistances/Immunities, and special abilities.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

No energy resistances, no immunies and an uncanny ability to look like a statue (A gargoyle can hold itself so still it appears to be a statue. A gargoyle that uses freeze can take 20 on its Stealth check to hide in plain sight as a stone statue.)

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Rowanna quickly shares her knowledge about the gargoyles with her fellow pathfinders.

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 58/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Tess moves 30' due left, putting the red tinged gargoyle within hex range. She decides to use her Slumber hex on red, trying to disable it quickly.

Will someone move me on the map, please? DC 19 Will to Resist.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Will vs Hex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

One of the gargoyles growls as it looks around for the source of it's moment of sleepiness.

Emerging from the portal is another Pathfinder with fiery red hair.

Init Lyan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

He immediately takes action! Go ahead, you should be on the map.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 1

Jal
Rowanna
Lyan
Blue
Red
Tessara
August
Barnaby

Mole-man!

Battle Map

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Ragathiel 8 - HP: 61/75 - Init: +7 - Fort/Ref/Will: +13/+7/+13 - Perception: +18 - AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 21 - CMD: 25 - Judgment: 1/3 - Destructive Smite: 2/6 - Rage 4/8 - Bane: 1/8 - Discern Lies: 8/8 - Spells: 1st: 0/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 3/3 - Active Buffs: Heroism, Shield of Faith +3

The new arrival takes stock of the chaos around him and cracks a disconcerting smile.

"The General of Vengeance has truly blessed us on this fine day! Chaaarge!"

He then makes a bee-line towards the gargoyles, his silver-trimmed, crimson robes flowing behind him in the low gravity.

Double move.

Dark Archive

Half-elf Investigator (Psychic Detective) 8 | hp 61/61 | AC: 16* | T: 9* | FF: 16* | CMD 22 | Fort +7* | Ref: +10* | Will: +10* | Init +1 | Perception +11 | Trapfinding (+4 Perception vs Traps)| Low-Light vision
current buffs:
Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (4 copies)

Seeing Jal charging ahead (and being immediately attacked), Barnaby lets out a noise of frustration as he hurries forwards. Pulling a rod from his belt as he moves, he focuses.

"If you're going to be heroic," he calls out. "it's good to do it prepared."

Move action, then casting Extended Heroism on myself (using my Cranium's 1/day to make it cl 9th, so 3 hours worth)

He starts, then smiles as an equally aggressive Pathfinder charges past him as he goes.
"Well, we're getting reinforcements for once. That's a new one."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

August clicks his heels (for Haste) and then moves into a flanking position! I'm always prepared to be heroic! Its all I do!

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 for Damage: 2d6 + 25 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 25 + 1 = 31
Cleave, if by some miracle that hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 for Damage: 2d6 + 25 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 25 + 1 = 29

Confirm?: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 1 = 29 for Damage: 2d6 + 25 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 25 + 1 = 35

Ugh, too bad that first one is gonna miss.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Suddenly the ground seem to part as a fist made of rock erupts from it to punch at Jal!

Concealment (High is good for you): 1d100 ⇒ 57

The fist barely misses the Pathfinder!

Knowledge (Planes) DC 17:
This would be a huge earth elemental. And given how that blow panned out, it is likely burrowed 10 feet below the surface.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Lyan
Jal
Rowanna

Blue
Red
Tessara
August
Barnaby
Mole-man!

Battle Map

Dark Archive

F Human (Chelaxian) Witch 8 - HP 50/50 [7 Temp] - AC 19*/T: 14/FF: 17* - Perception +8 - Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will +9 (+1 vs. Curses, +1 vs. Acid or Earth) - CMB +4, CMD 17 (+1 vs. Grapple) - Speed 30 - Init. +9

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

"There is an extremely large earth elemental buried 10 feet underneath the gargoyles." Rowanna warns the others as she moves up behind Barnaby and places herself into a defensive posture.

Taking a total defense action. The gargoyles are just barely out of the range of her hexes and favorable spells. AC 23/T: 18 until her next turn.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Ragathiel 8 - HP: 61/75 - Init: +7 - Fort/Ref/Will: +13/+7/+13 - Perception: +18 - AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 21 - CMD: 25 - Judgment: 1/3 - Destructive Smite: 2/6 - Rage 4/8 - Bane: 1/8 - Discern Lies: 8/8 - Spells: 1st: 0/5, 2nd: 3/5, 3rd: 3/3 - Active Buffs: Heroism, Shield of Faith +3

Not bothered by the he rocky fist bursting up from under under Jal's feet, Lyan calls upon Ragathiel righteous strength and utilizes his battlefield prowess to slip past Jal and the gargoyles.

Swift action: activate Judgement (Justice + Protection), move action (Escape Route + Solo Tactics negate any AoOs).

"Even more foes to taste my glorious blade! I'll get to you all in time!"

Once in position, he attacks the gargoyle perched on the rock (blue).

Attack, PA, Justice: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 2 + 2 = 25
Damage, PA, Destructive Smite (magic + slashing): 1d10 + 6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 4 + 4 = 21
Intimidate to demoralize: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 5 / Oracle 3 | HP 86/86 | AC 24; Tch 12; FF 23 | F +12; R +7; W +10 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | +1 Greatsword (adamantine): +12 (2d6+7/19-20) | Perc +12

Back and will be posting regularly. I was understandably skipped last round, but would it be okay if I form life-links with August, Barnaby, Jal, and Lyan last round?

Now in his late forties, Ethendril is tall, blonde, and handsome, and despite being past his prime, Ethendril still looks like he ought to be out saving princesses and slaying dragons.

The paladin's steadfast presence fortifies his companions. Life link

The Exchange

N Half-elf 7 :: HP 57/60 :: AC 22 T 15 FF 18 CMD 27 :: Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +6 :: Init +7 Perception +18 (Low-Light)

"I'm no hero," Jal grunts as he slashes out at one of the gargoyles, "I just don't like letting my dance partner lead."

Make Red a Studied Target, then full attack it (using Studied Target, power Attack, furious focus, flank, sneak attack)
+1 katana 1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 22
sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
.
+1 katana 2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 18
sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Sounds fine. 7 player table, just as I expected. Karma you saucy wench you. (On my first table of Cosmic Captive, I had a table of three players, one of which was playing a pregen, plus another pregen. All three players had precision damage based characters. As you will come to find out, it went ... poorly.

Ethendril, is that your action for round 2? You go right after Rowanna, something which I will amend next recap post.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Almost missed Jal's post. Onward!

Enchanted blades slice through flesh, and the gargoyle with the blue mineral deposits seems to be slightly worse for the wear, looking upon it's opponent with fear.

Red, Fly DC 20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

The one with the red crystals launches itself upward five feet, and hovers there.

Blue, Claw #1 vs Lyan: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Blue, Claw #2 vs Lyan: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Blue, Bite vs Lyan: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Blue, Gore vs Lyan: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Red, Claw #1 vs Jal: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Red, Claw #2 vs Jal: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Red, Bite vs Jal: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Red, Gore vs Jal: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

A claw finds it's mark for each gargoyle, bloodying their opponents.

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Lyan 5 dmg
Jal 6 dmg
Rowanna
Ethendril
Blue 21 dmg, Demoralised
Red 22 dmg
Tessara
August
Barnaby

Mole-man!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

I boo-booed last round, August does NOT have Boots of Speed (my non-PFS version of him does). So, he would have had to double move last turn, no attack. This turn I can full attack so we can use the rolls I made previously, meaning I likely miss the first and crit the second.

I now notice I forgot to add the +2 for flanking but I need to go -5 on the crit and crit confirms for the full attack. So, to summarize,

First attack to hit is 19, second attack is 31, the confirm is 26.

Sorry about the mess.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

Except that you are not flanking, the creature is hovering five feet above you. It doesn't matter in the end, but I don't want people to think there was a flank there.

The dwarf's greatsword parts the gargoyle in two. Gore showers down upon the pathfinders and the second gargoyle shrieks hatefully at you.

Like I said though, it doesn't really matter :P

Current Initiative wrote:

Round 2

Lyan 5 dmg
Jal 6 dmg
Rowanna
Ethendril
Blue 21 dmg, Demoralised
Tessara
August
Barnaby
Mole-man!

Battle Map

Grand Lodge

| Witch 8 | AC 15 (19 w/Mage Armor) T 14 FF 12 | HP 58/58 (+0 temporary) | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Init +3 | Perc +14 | Lowlight Vision | +2 to recover from continuous effects such as such as ongoing poison damage, daily saving throws against disease, a hold person spell, or lingering damage from an attack |

Tess takes a 5' step to the rig, wanting to give the earth Elemental a wide berth. She uses a Misfortune Hex on it, hoping to keep the front liners protected.

Use Misfortune Hex. dC 19 Will to resist. Will someone please move me 5' to the right? Thanks.

The Exchange

If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 My Game Tracker My signup sheet

You cannot cast a spell or hex on it, as it has total cover from you.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter (Two-Handed) [8.1] : HP 88/92 | AC 24 T 12 FF 23 | CMB +14 (+16 sunder) CMD 26 (30 vs trip/bullrush, 28 vs sunder) | Fort +12 | Ref +5 | Will +6 (+2 to all vs poison, SP & SL) | Init +5 | Perc +1 | SM/Ride +0 | Climb/Swim/Surv +4

Ah, missed the floating bit, no worries!

1 to 50 of 505 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 8-00 The Cosmic Captive by GMUpaynao - Subtier 7-8 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.