Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS 8-00] GM Chie's Cosmic Captive [Tier 1-2] (Inactive)

Game Master Korolan

Time Elapsed: 81 Minutes
Maps


251 to 300 of 329 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Newt continues to try to navigate the protean tunnels.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Atronia looks around in wonder at the shifting tunnels. "Well, that's unsettling," she whispers as she keeps walking and rubs her bruised arm.

K dungeoneering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Liberty's Edge

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 2/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Ow...these passages are a tight squeeze," Liora mutters as the group stumbles, squeezes, and scrapes their way through the maze of shifting and changing tunnels. She pauses and looks around, trying to regain her sense of direction.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Okay, so north is definitely over there..." she points "...so we need to keep going this way, here!"


A heavily worn set of stairs leads from claustrophobic tunnels into an eroded cavern studded with sand-scoured crystals that emit cool, faint light. The jagged foundations are all that’s left of metal walls—the fragments of which now jut from the wall like throwing knives. An immense, intricate, thousand-sided polyhedron made of sky metals floats within a tight series of binding circles. As blasts of air erupt from the polyhedron, the surface’s shattered facets regenerate before being blasted apart on another side.

The circles surrounding the many sided orb are carved into the ground and filled with metal. Gems and metals are inlaid into each of these circles, forming a runic script in several different languages. The orb itself seems to shimmer and shift along the polyhedral lines, like a giant complex puzzle box.

I positioned you guys on a new map, feel free to explore while I type up the next bit!


Looking closely at the metal circles, you can attempt to decipher the protections placed upon the Puzzle Box Sphere.
Make one check, open all that apply!

Knowledge(Planes or Arcana) DC15:
The two outermost circles (Blue on the map) appear to be identical, and bolster the defenses of the inner three circles, making them tougher to destroy and regenerating the damage dealt to them. It looks like the effects resonate with each other, becoming more powerful if both are still intact!

Knowledge(Planes or Arcana) DC18:
The inner three circles seem to be more complex, and make the sphere more resilient to intruders and attempts to solve it. The first circle (Yellow on the map) creates a lens of distortion around the sphere, making it more difficult to see the runes and solve / disable the puzzle.

The Second circle (Red on the Map) strengthens any Champions defending the Puzzle Box, making their blows more devastating,
and enabling them to ignore some of their wounds.

The Third circle (Blue on the Map) is designed to discourage would be meddlers from tinkering with the puzzle box itself. Anyone attempting to solve or complete the box itself begins to feel as if the earth itself is swallowing them whole. Those of weak will may begin to feel the walls closing in on them, shaking their spirit for a bit. It is powerful enough that some might even feel unable to breathe.

Silver Crusade

Male || Mithral -- Nagaji Oracle / 4 | Paladin / 6 || Intelligent Longsword / 1

Following you down the stairs, Grythyk stares amazed at the floating sphere. "This might be where all of this wind is coming from! But how do we get inside?" Crying "For Iomedae!" he charges over the ground swinging Gamin at the magical box. "This seems like a bad... is all Gamin manages before Grythyk strikes with a reverberating CLAAAAANGGGG.

"Hmm. I'm out of Ideas."
"Really Grythyk? You thought you could just smash an Incredibly Powerful Artifact, containing some sort of being that is MAKING ENOUGH AIR FOR US ALL TO BREATHE ON AN ENORMOUS ASTEROID, WITH ME?"
Shrugging his shoulders, Grythyk grins at his constant companion. "It was worth a Shot?"


Ok, here's the quick and easy.

You have a few options for things that you can do in this room.
1) You can attempt to 'Solve' the Giant Round Spinning Floating Artifact Rubix Cube. To do that you may make one of these checks:

Appraise, Disable Device, Intelligence, Knowledge (any), Linguistics, Perception, Use Magic Device or Wisdom.

Also, if you speak a planar language (Aquan, Auran, Ignan, Terran) or Abyssal, you can identify some of the runic writing on the sphere and the circles. You receive a +1 bonus (per language you can read and understand for a max of +5) to any checks made to unlock the sphere.

2) You can attempt to Destroy the Inlaid Circles.
You can attempt a Full round of Actions, like a full attack, to damage them. Alternatively, as a Full Round Action, you can attempt a Disable Device check on the Circle to attempt to break it apart, potentially dealing a great deal of damage to it. As a freebie, I will let you know that most objects have hardness, and take reduced damage from spells.

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Timelost Chronicler 1/1

Volyana rubs her lucky wayfinder and grins. "Wow. This is something." She begins inspecting the runes and circles, making a few exploratory pushes on them every so often.

I'm going to use my Timelost Chronicler boon for a +1 to my roll.
Perception plus guidance and Timelost Chronicler: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Do we have to go through the maze and count the rounds to get to the sphere, or can we just assume we walked there? I moved my icon. Just move it back if I took a shortcut.

Atronia approaches the circle and looks at it for a moment.

K Arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Will I ever roll above five on a knowledge check?

"I've never seen runes arranged like these before. They're confusing. It looks like a kind of puzzle, though. And some of it is written in Ignan. Do you guys think we can figure it out? It seems like it would be more efficient than hitting it with a sword." She grins as she says this, glancing at Grythyk and sheating her own weapon. She then focuses on deciphering the parts of the runic enscriptions she does understand and trying to piece something together.

K history: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24 Oh! There it is!

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

K: Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"It-it's a complex binding circle. I think," Newt says after Grythyk tries to smash the polyhedron, "It will be a lot easier if we work from outside in."

The young Druid explains what he has observed telling them what is in both spoilers.

Kivi, see what you can do about the outer circle.

While he waits, Newt tries to see past the wards on the polyhedron in order to understand it.

K: Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Edit: I probably should have read all of the circles before deciding Newt would do that. Oh well.

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

Disable Device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

My tools, please, son.

"Here you are. Be careful."

Kivi wordlessly accepts a small leather bundle from Newt. He trots over to the outer circle and crouches down. He unfolds the bundle and pulls out a pair of tools. He begins to carefully scratch at runes and pry out gemstones one by one.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Oread Monk (Student of the Stone) l HP: 9/9 l AC: 17 (14 Touch, 13 FF) l CMB: +3, CMD: 16 l F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 l Init: +3 l Perc: +7, Darkvision 60 ft l Speed 20ft l Stunning Fist 1/1

Jyrrar nods in recognition as he recognizes a few of the runes upon the puzzle box. He peers in closer at the surrounding runes, trying to identify as much of them as possible for the others.

Perception, Terran language: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Before anymore jump on board without reading Newt's post and the spoiler: Newt warned you to not try to "solve" the polyhedron until the wards are down or you will be paralyzed in fear. I, myself, didn't read the last ward before I rolled Newt's attempt. Much sadness. Better to spend time smashing the wards before they regenerate.

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Timelost Chronicler 1/1

It hints at giving a Will save, so I don't mind poking it.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 2/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

*edit* Because I missed part of Newt's last post!

"Hum...so we should try breaking up the two outer rings first?" Liora ponders. "We can do that but I'm betting it'll summon something nasty once we start. Everyone be ready, okay?"

With that, she draws her scimitar and takes a mighty swing at one of the blue wards! "HI-YAH!"

Scimitar vs. Ward: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome 2nd level Oracle (Life) | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Spells: 1st - 5/5

Trix will wait behind while the others look at smashing the wards. "I cannot help with that, but once those have been handled perhaps I can try to my brain and solving the riddle!" She offers excitedly.


Kivi's tinkering begins to pull the stones and runic letters out of the Skymetal rings, weakening the magic considerably. Liora's scimitar pings off the circle, without leaving so much as a scratch. Newt, Atronia and Volyana make some headway into the shifting runes, unlocking some additional clues on getting inside.

If you interacted with the box:
As you examine and interact with the puzzle box, a scream echoes in your ears, loud and terrifying. "MAY THE MIGHT OF AYRZUL SWALLOW YOU UP INTRUDERS!" I need a Will save vs Fear and Compulsion! If you don't make a DC8, I will need a Followup Fortitude Save.

The walls themselves begin to rumble and shake, as two beings of metal and stone form from the walls and approach!

Initiative!:

Kivi the Troll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Trixalana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Newt the Drowned: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Volyana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Atronia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Jyrrar Rivurder: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Liora the Skydruid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Gold Statue: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Silver Statue: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Bold May Go!

Jyrrar Rivurder
Volyana

Gold Statue
Kivi the Troll
Newt the Drowned
Liora the Skydruid
Atronia
Trixalana
Silver Statue

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Oread Monk (Student of the Stone) l HP: 9/9 l AC: 17 (14 Touch, 13 FF) l CMB: +3, CMD: 16 l F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 l Init: +3 l Perc: +7, Darkvision 60 ft l Speed 20ft l Stunning Fist 1/1

GM Chie:

I am not sure whether Jyrrar actually interacted with the puzzle box, but just in case he did...Will save DC 8: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"Ah!" Newt grips his head with his free hand, "What does Ayrzul want kept locked away?"

Keep working, Kivi. I think you might be the only one able to undo the runes.

"I'm trying. Stay away from those golems," Kivi mentally responds.


If you made a check to identify the cube (one of the ones listed in the first post) then you interacted with the cube. This should be everyone but Liora, Kivi and Trix

To those who heard the voices:
This is going to be easier if I tell you the results so you can adjust your posts accordingly. The Will save is DC13 or be Shaken for this combat. If you fail by 5 or more, I need a DC 11 Fortitude Save or you start to Suffocate!

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Timelost Chronicler 1/1

Will Save, DC 13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Yeah, I'm rerolling that.
Will Save, DC 13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"Come on, Jyrrar, we'll hold them off!" Volyana heads into battle and lashes out at the gold statue.

Move 10' to gold (currently on phone)
Enter Crane Style
Attack defensively on gold

Nine-section whip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Oread Monk (Student of the Stone) l HP: 9/9 l AC: 17 (14 Touch, 13 FF) l CMB: +3, CMD: 16 l F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 l Init: +3 l Perc: +7, Darkvision 60 ft l Speed 20ft l Stunning Fist 1/1

Volyana, I moved you on the map.

Jyrrar nods in response to the suggestion. "Yes, we shall hold off the guardians while you free its prisoner." He then moves up and takes a defensive position between the metal guardians and the Pathfinders.

Move to position on map.
Standard action: Fight Defensively; Ready action to attack should an enemy move into a threatened square.
Shortspear, defensive: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 = -1
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
AC is currently 19.


The golden statue gives a giant toothy grin, and steps forward, swinging a hefty sword down on Volyana Short Sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 that is easily parried by Volyana's stance. The Statues themselves look like strong Stone statues, with the skull of a large dinosaur as a head!

Knowledge(Arcana) DC11:
This CELADON is a magical statue, normally in service to a deity. The T-Rex skull as a head of this statue might imply that they are patrons of Ayrzul, the Elemental Lord of Earth

If you beat the DC by 5 or more, let me know what question you want to know!

Bold May Go!

Jyrrar Rivurder
Volyana
Gold Statue
Kivi the Troll
Newt the Drowned
Liora the Skydruid
Atronia
Trixalana

Silver Statue

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

Disable Device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Kivi continues to work on the runic circles with his tools.

Those statues are very distracting, but stay away from them. I have a bad feeling about them.

"Get to the red circle as fast as you can."

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Short Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Short Spear Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Newt moves over to the rune circles and begins to pry at the enchanted markings and gems with his spear.

"I'm not sure how effective th-this will be," he says as he shoves the spear point into the space between the floor and a gem.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome 2nd level Oracle (Life) | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Spells: 1st - 5/5

Trix calls upon her strange powers and suddenly her companions find themselves empowered for battle! She then steps back from the front line...

Casting Bless. +1 to Attack for everyone!


As Kivi pulls out the last few gems, the metal forming the outer ring melts, draining down into the floor. The pried up gems turn to glass and crack before crumbling to a clear powder. Newt's attack cracks the next Warding Circle, warping the runes, and causing the runes to shimmer wildly.

Bold May Go!

Jyrrar Rivurder
Volyana
Gold Statue
Kivi the Troll
Newt the Drowned
Liora the Skydruid
Atronia

Trixalana
Silver Statue


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr’s image appears, her hair windblown and a look of wonder on her face. “The Society's discoveries have weakened the prison of the powerful being sealed within Aucturn's Tear,” she pauses, studying a flotilla of crystal balls that hover around her. “Our divinations indicate that it’s now offering a fraction of its power to our forces!”

Behind Sorrina, a small army of Pathfinder mages are studying the floating globes. Then one of them whispers in Drandle Dreng’s ear. Abruptly, Drandle hurries to the forefront, his shaggy head appearing in the center of the Divination window. "ACG Warriors, make a run for it!" Hands gesticulating wildly, he shouts, “NOW!”

Table GMs, the Thunderous Aid condition is now in effect. ACG Tables, you may make a run for it.

We have 78/150 clues!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 2/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

"I don't know what sorta aid she's talking about, but I'll take it!" Liora exclaims as she thinks better of engaging these new arrivals directly. Dropping her scimitar, she draws her sling and fires a shot at the golden statue.

Attack vs. Gold (Sling; Into Melee): 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 4 = 2
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 That was close.
KArcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
I would like to know if these statues have special resistances (DR).

Atronia blanches at the threat of an elemental lord unleashing his wrath upon them. When she sees the statues approach, her eyes widen. "You know that thing about the might of Ayrzul? I think that's what it meant. Be careful everyone!" she warns, pointing to the statues.

She draws her sword as she moves to stand between Volyana and Jyrrar, forming a wall between the monsters and her companions who are still working on the magical rings. She tries her best to steady herself as she lifts the sword and slashes at it.

attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 + 1 = 15bless and shaken condition
damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Even with the fear of being crushed under the weight of the earth, Atronia lands a solid blow cleaving a huge chunk of rock out of the statue, marring its otherwise beautiful finish. There are no special resistances (DR or Hardness or Otherwise) but it is a construct, with the standard Construst Traits.

The silver statue begins to emanate with the sounds of crumbling rocks and shifting gravel, before stepping up to Jyrrar, sword drawn!

Terran:
It seems to be... singing? It's an archaic dialect of Terran, but you can make some sense of it. Something about Glory of Ayrzul , and the might of the elemental lords. It's probably a battle hymn?

As the statue begins to radiate noise, a burst of air begins to whirl around the puzzle box, pushing Kivi and Newt farther away from the boxes and Rings!

With the Thunderous Aid, there is another option that you can take!

Reaching into the whirling storm around the puzzle box, you can channel some of the thunderous wrath through you toward your foes! You can attempt a Diplomacy (DC 15), Spellcraft (DC 15) or Use Magic Device (DC 12) check to cast one of the following spells, using your level as Caster Level, and either Your Charisma, or 20 to determine the save DC: cure light wounds, shocking grasp or summon nature’s ally II (air elemental only) After one spell is cast, the wrath dissipates from the windy shell, although the shell still holds people away from damaging rings or interacting with the Puzzle Box.

Bold May Go!

Jyrrar Rivurder
Volyana

Gold Statue (-10)
Kivi the Troll
Newt the Drowned
Liora the Skydruid
Atronia
Trixalana
Silver Statue

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Oread Monk (Student of the Stone) l HP: 9/9 l AC: 17 (14 Touch, 13 FF) l CMB: +3, CMD: 16 l F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 l Init: +3 l Perc: +7, Darkvision 60 ft l Speed 20ft l Stunning Fist 1/1

"These constructs do believe in the Glory of Ayrzul, it appears." Jyrrar remarks as he continues to aid Volyana's attacks.

Standard action: Fight Defensively; Aid Another to give Atronia a bonus to hit Gold statue.
Aid another, defensive, Cooperative Combatant: 1d20 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 + 2 = 1
AC is currently 19.

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Timelost Chronicler 1/1

Volyana continues her assault on the gold statue, unleashing a flurry of strikes with her chain whip.

Flurry defensively
Flurry: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Flurry: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 6 = 11


Jyrrar's attempt at distraction is effortlessly parried by the statue, as it looks to Volyana to make another solid strike.

While lifting its sword above its head, and preparing a massive swing, Volyana strikes twice. The first swing takes a chunk out of the stone guardian's side, before the second swing shatters the dinosaur skull that formed its head, as the rest of the body crumbles to rubble. You needed both strikes to kill it, otherwise I would have made the second attack on the new target!

Bold May Go!

Jyrrar Rivurder
Volyana
Gold Statue (-29)
Kivi the Troll
Newt the Drowned
Liora the Skydruid
Atronia
Trixalana

Silver Statue

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

Kivi's fingers and toes scratch along the ground as the powerful wind blows his massive frame away from the runic rings.

Newt! What is this? I sense...

The earth elemental attempts to negotiate with the power infusing the area but cannot seem to make it understand his intentions.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Something powerful, Kivi. Something...

"I thought she said it was helping us?" Newt queries as he stumbles away, buffeted by the powerful wind. As the youth tries to understand the force rebuffing their efforts to unlock the puzzle box, wind suddenly whips up around him.

Summon Nature's Ally II - 1 round cast time applies, I assume.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 2/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

"You got it Newt? Good! I'll go help Jyr and Vol," Liora grins as her fellow druid beats her to the punch on taking advantage of the assistance. She races up behind her companions on the front lines and gives Volyana an encouraging slap on the back.

"That's the spirit! Keep it up!"
______

Liora moves to her current position and casts Guidance on Volyana! It does stack with Bless since that one is a morale bonus and Guidance is a competence bonus :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll give it to you as a Standard Action. With all the Wind whipping around, it seems Thematic!

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

"I-I have something," he replies to Liora as the wind whips around him more and more violently. Suddenly the wind releases Newt with a great rush of air, and a small tornado appears next to Volyana.

The air elemental flies past Volyana as soon as it manifests to hover over the remaining statue and slam it with its own body.

Slam, Higher Ground: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
Slam Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Atronia smiles at Jyrrar as she notices his attempt to help her, showing her appreciation despite the results. She turns her attention to the second statue and attempts to do the same thing she did to the first, as it seems efficient enough.

attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 + 1 = 21
damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 6 = 14

When she hears Newt's comment, she raises her voice to be heard over the wind. "Could it just be trying to bust out on its own? Can we talk to it somehow?"


Atronia's mighty swing cuts a deep gouge into the silver statue, slowing it for only a moment. While the rumbling sounds continue, it redirects it's energy toward Atronia! Short Sword: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 21 Landing a solid strike, Short Sword Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7 it stabs directly through her side, piercing completely through her.

Bold May Go!

Trixalana
Jyrrar Rivurder
Volyana
Kivi the Troll
Newt the Drowned
Liora the Skydruid
Atronia

Silver Statue (-14)

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome 2nd level Oracle (Life) | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 12 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Spells: 1st - 5/5

Seeing Atronia suffer a grievous wound, Trix rushes back and reaches between her companions to tap her with the healing wand!

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 (15) T 10 FF 14 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Atronia lets out a cry as a sword is pushed into her, but Trixalana, ever the reliable combat medic, heals her almost as soon as it happened. With the memory of the pain she just had which did not subside entirely, she forces a smile. "Thanks, Trixalana." She glares at the statue and attacks again with renewed ardor.

attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 2 + 1 = 9
damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 = 13

However, the pain in her side throws her off-balance.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Oread Monk (Student of the Stone) l HP: 9/9 l AC: 17 (14 Touch, 13 FF) l CMB: +3, CMD: 16 l F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 l Init: +3 l Perc: +7, Darkvision 60 ft l Speed 20ft l Stunning Fist 1/1

Jyrrar gives Atronia a reassuring smile. "You shall not fall, we are all with you Atronia."

He then continues to distract the lone statue...

Standard action: Fight Defensively; Aid Another to give Atronia a bonus to hit Silver statue.
Aid another, defensive, Cooperative Combatant: 1d20 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 4 + 2 = 4
AC is currently 19.
Since Jyrrar acts before Atronia, this is what he would do...not that it matters here...


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Even as the many-faceted prison spins and reconfigures itself, it cannot keep pace with the combined efforts of the Pathfinder Society. A refreshing breeze pours from the immense orb, restoring the agents' will to fight.

Table GMs, the Winds of Restoration condition is now in effect.

Clue Count:
120/150! Almost there!

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

Kivi stands ready with his tools, prepared to get back to work on the runes should the force barrier subside.

"Ow! Atronia!"

I now strongly insist that you stay away from that statue, Newt.

"I have to help them somehow!"

Readied Action:
Disable Device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Newt shifts his position to get as good of a view of the silver statue as he can through the doorway and his companions.

"Duck!"

He loads his sling and fires off a pot shot.

Sling, Into Melee, Soft Cover: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 4 - 2 = 15
Sling Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Oh! That might actually hit.

The air elemental, sustained by Newt's minuscule power rather than the imprisoned being, fades from this plane.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 2/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Seems like we're doing something right...or at least, someone is," Liora notes as the refreshing breeze begins to emanate from the orb. The sylph takes a quick step back from the melee and tries again to strike the statue with a sling bullet!

Attack vs. Silver (Sling; Bless, Into Melee): 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 11
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


The statue looks resolute at protecting the puzzle sphere, even as pieces begin to break off, revealing a glimmering blue gem in the center. Unwavered by Jyrrar's distraction, the statue glares down at Trixalana after Atronia's side stitches itself back together.

Kivi:
You get the sense that the winds blowing around the puzzle box are brought to life when there are enemy combatants in the area, and should subside when the opposition is eliminated. There is a Combat part, and a Puzzle part to this phase. Puzzle Part can resume after the enemies are defeated! If you would like to take an action instead, I'm ok with that!

Newt's Sling stone cracks off the silvered skull, rattling around inside and breaking off chunks of metal as it goes!

Seeing Newt's success, Liora tries with an additional stone. The statue snaps it out of the air with its jaws, crushing it between powerful teeth.

Holding off on Atronia's action to see what everyone else does.

Bold May Go!

Trixalana
Jyrrar Rivurder
Volyana
Kivi the Troll

Newt the Drowned
Liora the Skydruid
Atronia
Silver Statue (-18)

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +6, R +6, W +5 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Timelost Chronicler 1/1

Volyana steps up to the silver statue and continues her twirling onslaught.

5' step
Flurry defensively

Nine-section Whip: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Nine-section Whip: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

251 to 300 of 329 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS 8-00] GM Chie's Cosmic Captive [Tier 1-2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.