Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS 8-00] GM Chie's Cosmic Captive [Tier 1-2]

Game Master Korolan

Time Elapsed: 81 Minutes
Maps


1 to 50 of 314 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Welcome to the PbP Special! Feel free to do Introductions while we get ready to start!

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +5, R +5, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 1/2 | Timelost Chronicler 0/1

Hello!

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Oread Monk (Student of the Stone) l HP: 9/9 l AC: 17 (14 Touch, 13 FF) l CMB: +3, CMD: 16 l F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 l Init: +3 l Perc: +7, Darkvision 60 ft l Speed 20ft l Stunning Fist 1/1

"I am honored to be joining this fine group!"

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Newt enters, followed close behind by a stone-skinned man who stands almost a head taller than the pale young man. He pulls back his hood and looks at those gathered, quick to break eye contact.

"Hello. You can call me Newt," the young man says in a soft, hesitant voice. He seems to pick a space--seemingly calculated to be not too close to others so to not appear familiar and not too far from others so to not appear stand-offish--and walks directly to it.

Newt turns his head and speaks to his stone-skinned companion, "Mae'n dal i fod mor galed i fod yn y thinas."

Terran:
"It is still hard to be in the city."

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

The stone-skinned man pats the young man on the shoulder. "Peidiwch â phoeni, fy mab. Bythwch yn dod i arfer ag ef."

Terran:
"Do not worry, my son. You will get used to it."

He surveys the room much more confidently and intently than the young man with onyx eyes. His skin is graven with deep whorls and other symbols--Shoanti, to those familiar--and his three-fingered hands hold an earthbreaker on his shoulder.

In a deep voice, he greets those gathered, "I am Kivi."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 3/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

The door opens to one of the many meeting spaces within the Grand Lodge and a tall, willowy-looking woman with pale skin and silvery-white hair dressed in simple leathers strides in.

"Hah! Looks like I finally found the right place," she says as her gaze zeroes in on the oread already present. "I've been wandering all over this place trying to find the right meeting room - I swear this place gets bigger and more confusing each time I'm here!"

The woman takes a seat at the table and regards the others that had arrived ahead of her - especially the odd-looking stone man that was clearly not an oread but something else entirely. "Name's Liora," she grins, offering a hand to anyone willing to shake it. "I guess we'll be working together on whatever the higher-ups have planned for us all."
______

Liora looks something like this except less busty and more sensibly-dressed.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Oread Monk (Student of the Stone) l HP: 9/9 l AC: 17 (14 Touch, 13 FF) l CMB: +3, CMD: 16 l F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 l Init: +3 l Perc: +7, Darkvision 60 ft l Speed 20ft l Stunning Fist 1/1

Jyrrar rises to his feet and shakes the sylphs hand, giving her a warm smile. "Ahhh, Liora...all you needed to do was to listen to the stones. They would have guided your path!" His voice is low and strangely melodic, and also with a note of teasing.

Turning to face the ulfen man he nods to them, "I am Jyrrar," before addressing them in accented Terran,

Terran:
"While the open spaces lead to emptiness, look to the stones for guidance in all places. That is how I deal with this place."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 3/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

The sylph shakes her head, looking bemused. "I've tried that but the only thing I ever hear is the sound of my own steps - or nothing at all. Seems to me like listening to the wind would work better, but whatever works best for you," she chuckles.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 10/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

A young human woman enters the room and pushes her red hair back. She looks at everyone and smiles. She then waves to them and speaks in a melodious voice that easily carries across the room.

"Good day to you all! It is an honour to meet you. My name is Atronia."

Silver Crusade

Male || Mithral -- Nagaji Oracle / 4 | Paladin / 6 || Intelligent Longsword / 1

A series of hollow clangs thud down hallway, with two muted voices arguing. A moment later, the door swings open as a tall armored man ducks his head into the doorway, sword drawn. His face is covered in green scales, and his eyes are a deep yellow.

"I just don't think that I should have to be making deliveries! I am a Paladin for Iomedae's sake, not a Porter!" Four medals are welded onto the left side of the breastplate, to the right of a Symbol of Iomedae sculpted into the armor.

Another voice echoes back to him, seemingly out of nowhere. "Yes, but you were at the commissary! You were already picking one up for yourself! And Liora is in the group that you'll be leading!"

"Hmm. I suppose. Which one of you is Liora?"

"Aren't you forgetting something Grythyk?"

With a befuddled look, that suddenly turns into excitement, the tall snake man bows, before the room, showing a startling amount of grace for the Fullplate he is in. "What? What could I be... Oh yes! Welcome Pathfinders! I am Grythyk, and this is my trusty compatriot Gamin! We have been called upon for the Glory of Iomedae.." as as far as he can get before the disembodied voice interrupts him. "You mean the Pathfinder Society."

"Gamin, I will put you back in the sheath if you don't behave! The Glory of the Pathfinder Society to go on this Holy Journey, and Bask in Iomedae's Light!"

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +5, R +5, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 1/2 | Timelost Chronicler 0/1

A red-haired woman dressed in loose clothing with a string of prayer beads around her neck enters and presses a fist into the palm of her other hand. "First the Starstone, now Aucturn's Tear. The Decemvirate sure do love their comets." She speaks with a noticable Kaer Magan accent. "Greetings, I am Volyana." She looks at Jyrrar and nods, "Always good to see a fellow traveler here." She turns to see the paladin, revealing a number of criscrossing lash marks across her shoulders.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome 1st level Oracle (Life) | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 11 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | CPE 2/5 | Spells: 1st - 1/4

A tall, vivacious female gnome with bright orange hair and large, expressive purple eyes skips into the room with a large grin that shows off her sparkling white teeth. "Hi! I'm Trixalana, but you can call me Trix for short! Looks like I'll be joining all of you on this exciting adventure!" She joins the others at the table, staring openly in excitement at the giant snakeman with the talking sword. "YOUR SWORD TALKS!" she practically squeals with excitement before jumping back up and running over to examine the blade up close. The next several words that pour from her mouth string together in an excited jumble. "OHMYGOSHTHATISAMAZINGWHATISYOURNAME?!"

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Newt smiles shyly at Jyrrar and nods. He seems about to speak to the oread when Liora answers him, and the young man withdraws his attention.

He starts when the red-haired skald enters and addresses the room. He opens his mouth as if to introduce himself, but as more and more people arrive, he appears to try to fold in on himself. The result is simply to look uncomfortable.

When Trixalana begins to speak louder and faster, the nervous fidgeting that began when the nagaji arrived increases in intensity: he vigorously outlines his thumb with the forefinger of the same hand, over and over and over.

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

"Wise words," the elemental replies to Jyrrar, speaking in Taldane for the sake of the others in the room. He stands behind Newt, looking much more calm and self-assured than the young man, as the others arrive. He almost appears to be physically and intentionally preventing Newt from retreating to the back wall.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 3/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Um...hi, I'm Liora," the sylph waves over the commotion of Trixalana and the other new arrivals to the small waiting room. "Did you have something for me?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

She happens to glance over to where the rather quiet young man seems to be... meditating? Or was he just trying to remain unnoticed? Liora wasn't entirely sure.

"Isn't that a little uncomfortable? You look like one of those pretzel things!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 10/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

When Atronia hears the talking sword, her eyes open wide in astonishment. Seeing Trix' reaction, she smiles as she approached the paladin as well, though more calmly.

"Did I really just hear your sword talk? You must have quite a story to tell. I hope you can share it with me someday."

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

"What?" Newt startles again when Liora addresses him.

"Oh. Sorry," he apologizes reflexively and consciously attempts to adopt a more natural looking stance, which looks stiff and forced.

Kivi gently knocks him on the shoulder.

"Even after a few years, I'm still not used to people talking out loud. It's fine, though. I'm honored to be working with experienced Pathfinders."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 10/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Upon hearing this, Atronia turns around to face Newt. Softening her voice slightly, she asks, "After a few years? Did something happen to you? Or did you live in reclusion for some time?"

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Newt nods in response to Atronia's question. After another knock on the shoulder from the stone-skinned man, he speaks his answer. "Yes. I lived on an island for most of my life. Ilma and Kivi and the others watched over me," he smiles a little as he mentions these names, "Taught me to fish and make shelter."

He chuckles hesitantly, "We talked in our heads, though. So quiet. Except for the waves, wind, and terns. It was nice."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 3/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Huh...that does sound nice," Liora responds, looking thoughtful. "Why leave it?"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male || Mithral -- Nagaji Oracle / 4 | Paladin / 6 || Intelligent Longsword / 1

Looking directly at Liora, apparently forgetting about his previous argument, Grythyk smiles, baring his fangs and a serpent tongue.
With a flick of his wrist, a brand new wand springs out of the sheath on Grythyk's armor into his waiting hand. "The Commissary got a message that you needed one of these. Some halfling said she would cover the cost for you, as thanks for protecting her from a... What's that thing called again?"

"A Minotaur. Taller than you, big axe, Half Beast?"

While scratching his scaly head, Grythyk looks down at Gamin. "You mean like those folks from the north?"

Gamin's voice nearly drips with disdain. "Yes. That's it exactly."


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to introduce yourselves to each other in Absalom in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +5, R +5, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 1/2 | Timelost Chronicler 0/1

"Silence is good. Gives you a chance to think on everything." Volyana smiles, "But don't be so nervous. Now that you have had time to contemplate, act without hesitation."

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

"I didn't know. Didn't remember. What civilization was like. I couldn't remember my parents. I remembered the idea. But not them," Newt explains to Liora, "So when the longship discovered me on my little island, I was curious. I went with them. After a while, Kivi convinced me that there was much more to see than waves and the docks of trading ports."

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

"You never got off the boat. We were bored," the elemental says with a chuckle that sounds like gravel shifting.


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.


Starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the immense Spire of Nex. Overhead, a comet lazily streaks across the night sky. Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and the shadow of great wings occasionally blots out the stars. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards. These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

You might hear rumors of the Society’s latest activities related to this gathering.

Diplomacy (Gather Information). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 12+:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

DC 17+:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

DC 22+:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

DC 27+:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

- - -

You might know the significance of the Spire of Nex and what it might be used for.

Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

DC 20+:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

- - -

You might know more about the new comet in the sky.

Knowledge (Geography) or Profession (Astronomer). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

DC 15+:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

DC 20+:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

DC 25+:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn’s Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.


A tall elven man approaches your group. He is followed by a youngster dragging a small cart in which you see stacks of small rucksacks. You notice other people moving around the group that are also followed by an adolescent with a cart.

”Well met, I have been tasked by the Venture officers to provide magical assistance on your trip outside of Golarion’s atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment."

He waits for a moment to let the news sink in.

"Yes, the comet! I won't be joining you there. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't plan on leaving Golarion without it!"

"It lasts for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they will find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet...”

He reaches into his spell component pouch "So, what do you say? Who wants it?"

I strongly advise you to make use of the spell. This special spell will cost you 1 prestige point and lasts 11 hours in-game time, starting in act 2 (which starts tomorrow)
I so strongly advise you to make use of the spell, that you can pay for it on the chronicle.

Later the elf takes one of the small sacks from the youngster ”In addition, the Society has put together caches of supplies to help Pathfinders trapped in hostile conditions make it back in one piece.” He hands over the rucksack.

Each PC receives two pouches of air crystals, a potion of endure elements, and one snapleaf.
Your party also receives one wand of cure light wounds (10 charges)

Air crystals:
These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.

Snapleaf:
This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 9/9 l AC: 15, T 12, FF 13 l CMD 12 l F +3, R +2, W +5 l Resistance: Electricity 5 l L1: 3/3 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +7, Darkvision 60 ft.
Skills:
Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Kn. Geography +5, Kn. Nature +7, Sense Motive +3/+4, Spellcraft +5, Survival +5
Female CG Sylph Druid (Sky Druid) 1 l Active Conditions:

Liora's face brightens as Grythyk delivers both message and wand to her. "Oh! Awww, Janira sent this to me? Be sure to tell her thank you - and that I hope she's staying out of trouble," she grins. "It sure made for a heck of a story but I'd like the next one to involve something a little bit safer!"

Then she looks up suddenly. "Hey, it's almost time isn't it? We'd better get out to the meeting place or we'll miss all the good stuff!" She leaps to her feet and grabs Jyrrar by one arm and reaches for Newt's arm with her other hand. "Come onnnn, you won't see anything new by sitting around in here!"
______

When they arrive just outside the Spire of Nex, Liora's eyes flit this way and that at the sight of the assembled crowd. "Oh wow, looks like they've got something big planned! I'm gonna go see what I can find out - be right back!" With that she disappears into the crowd, hoping to try and learn a little more about what lay in store.

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Kn. Geography: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

A short while later, the sylph reappears just as quickly as she disappeared. "I couldn't find out a thing! Everyone was too busy to talk and it was too noisy to listen in," she pouts. "On the bright side, the comet's easy enough to explain. It showed up all of a sudden a few months ago and no one's really sure why. According to what I've seen it's traveling on an odd path and just passed Akiton not long ago."

She gazes up at the sky. "It should pass us within 24 hours or so. Funny thing, it was spinning at first but now it seems like it's stopped - and it's putting out a lot of air, which is strange too. Most comets usually put out ice crystals and water vapors."

Her thoughts are interrupted when the elven man and the youngster pulling the cart approach, carrying offers of supplies for the journey ahead. Wait, journey? "You mean we're going up there?" she gapes. Then she grins broadly. "Sure, I've helped face down a minotaur so why not up the ante this time? In that case yes, I'll take some of that magic please!"
______

Currently Liora doesn't have any PP but I believe Overseer Hmm was working on something to allow fresh characters/lowbies without any PP to take out a 'loan' to be paid back at the end of the scenario? If that's the case then she'll definitely take the spell casting! :)

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Oread Monk (Student of the Stone) l HP: 9/9 l AC: 17 (14 Touch, 13 FF) l CMB: +3, CMD: 16 l F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 l Init: +3 l Perc: +7, Darkvision 60 ft l Speed 20ft l Stunning Fist 1/1

Jyrrar is surprised when the sylph pulls him to his feet. Always in a rush...yet even the stones seem rushed, a rather unusual sensation... As he gazes at the unusual structure he attempts to gather the attention of a couple of the Pathfinders who seem to know more than him.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Unfortunately the others are too busy with their own affairs to pay any attention to the soft-spoken Oread. Knowing little of this strange place he looks to Liora who provides him the details. "That is indeed odd behavior for a comet, not that I claim to be an expert here. It is a safe assumption we are to determine why this is happening." He nods slowly in reply.

As the elf hands the supply pouch to him, he takes it with a solemn look. "Thank you for this assistance. I believe I should also prevail upon your protective spell as well. Few things shift more than that which floats free."

Jyrrar will avail himself of the protective spell, taking a loan on his PP to pay for it.

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +5, R +5, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 1/2 | Timelost Chronicler 0/1

Volyana grins. "Last comet I saw in person was the Starstone itself. Hopefully this goes better than that did." She gets in a few warm up stretches while she waits and looks around the plain. "The whole city is talking about it. All the fortune-tellers and doomsayers are out in force." She frowns and shakes her head. "So many speaking without knowledge or insight, lost and frightened."

When the elf comes by, Volyana gratefully takes the spell and items offered. "Control is key, without it we are at the mercy of chance. Better to have a thing and not use it, than to be in need and not have it."

Knowledge (history) with guidance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Diplomacy with guidance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Knowledge (geography): 10 + 0 = 10

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

K. History: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"In all my travels, I have never seen such a thing," the elemental man confesses.

"Ilma will be so jealous, eh?" he nudges Newt and chuckles.

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Newt blushes as the woman grabs his arm, but he follows along without resistance.

At the construction, he stares around agape. "When they told me they had a new assignment for me, I didn't imagine this!"

The young man does his best to hide his disappointment when the sylph lets go of his arm. He blushes more. Paradoxically, Newt seems more comfortable in the crowd than the small meeting room.

He takes the offered gear when the man comes. "Thank you. I'm not sure what all you're talking about, but those dangers sound terrible, especially if they're offering magic to protect from it."

If it can be paid with PP earned from this scenario, Newt will certainly take advantage of it.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp11/11 (12/12, fast healing 2) | F +4 (+5) R +1 W +0 (+1) | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 10/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
knowledge history: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
knowledge geography: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Atronia wanders around trying to see if anyone knows more than she does about this mission, but can't seem to find anything relevant.

As she comes back to her group, she thinks out loud, "I wonder why Nex built this during the siege of Absalom. It really is as gigantic as I had heard, perhaps more."

When the elven man shows up with the caches, she grants him a great smile as she takes the small cache of items and puts the leaf around her neck. "I'll gladly accept any help you can give us, including that spell."

Gm, I'm fairly new to pfs. I have a Chronicle sheet that states I have 2 pp, but where and how an I supposed to keep track of this when I spend them?

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +5, R +5, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 1/2 | Timelost Chronicler 0/1

I just write it on my character sheet. There is also a line on the chronicle documenting how much Prestige you spent in that scenario.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit // Cosmic Captive Player SignupOverseer ThreadGM Reporting Form

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Newt hangs the snapleaf around his neck on a simple cord.

"You're right Kivi. Ilma is going to be jealous."

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome 1st level Oracle (Life) | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 11 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | CPE 2/5 | Spells: 1st - 1/4

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Trix will definitely accept the spell offered previously. Also, that was an extremely epic opening scene!

Trixalana stares in wide-eyed awe at the spectacle before them and then suddenly before she could think anything further a massive battle sprung up! "My friends, stay close to me! I'll keep you on your feet."

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

"Listen to the gnome, Newt. Stay close to her."

The man-like earth elemental hefts his heavy earthbreaker and steps protectively in front of his young companion.

Silver Crusade

Male || Mithral -- Nagaji Oracle / 4 | Paladin / 6 || Intelligent Longsword / 1

As the gate cracks open, Large feathers wings erupt from the back of Grythyk's Full Plate, as a beautiful language reminiscant of a Choir of Angels erupts from his mouth. His eyes glow a powerful gold, as he leaps into the air, cutting a large flying chunk of rock out of the air.

Celestial:
HOLD THE LINE! For the Glory of Iomedae!

"Here we go again! I have no idea what he says when he gets like this, but keep yourselves safe!"


As Grythyk flies off, to keep the worst of it away from your party, creatures of Rock and Stone coalesce out of the earth.

Initiative!:

Kivi the Troll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Trixalana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Newt the Drowned: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Volyana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Atronia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Jyrrar Rivurder: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Liora the Skydruid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Black Earthman: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Brown Earthman: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Liora, with the sudden appearance of these Rocky Foes, draws her scimitar to defend herself, and taps Kivi on the shoulder. "This looks dangerous! We can use all the help we can get!" With a gentle glow, Kivi seems slightly more apt for combat.
Guidance on Kivi, Move to draw Scimitar

Bold may go!
Liora the Skydruid
Newt the Drowned
Volyana
Trixalana
Kivi the Troll
Jyrrar Rivurder

Black Earthman
Brown Earthman
Atronia

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

Lacking edit privileges on map.

"Elementals? I may be able to calm them down," Newt advises, "I'll know soon enough."

The shy and drab young man lifts a wreath of holly and mistletoe while chanting what sounds like a foreign lullaby. He releases the sedating energy towards the earthen foes.

"Dychwelyd y ffordd yr ydych yn dod. Mae'n beryglus yma."

Terran:
"Return the way you came. It is dangerous here."

Actions:
Free: K: Planes
Standard: Cast Calm Animals (DC13)(modified by Elemental magic), affects 2d4+1 Hit Dice and makes them docile and harmless unless attacked, but does not charm them. His suggestion below is only a suggestion.
Free:Speak

Dice:
Hit Dice: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 1 = 6
K: Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Grand Lodge

HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | F +3 R +1 W +2 (+1 vs. Fear) | CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft| Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep | Active Effects: --

Kivi marches forward, his feet melding with the dust and clay of the ground. He stops just in front of his allies, holding his hammer defensively.

"Peidiwch ymosod arnom."

Terran:
"Do not attack us."

Actions:
Move: Move 15 ft (directly south), should be 5' away from the elementals.
Standard: Ready Action: Attack elemental if it approaches in range aggressively, will use Guidance for this attack if triggered.

Readied Dice:
Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
Eartherbreaker Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13


Sorry about the map! It has been Adjusted! Also, if you beat the Knowledge Checks by 5 or more, feel free to ask a question in your post so I can respond!

Knowledge(Plains) DC 11:
These EARTH ELEMENTALS look shorter in stature than Kivi, but full of anger and purpose for crushing all that stand in their way!

As Newt casts a spell attempting to calm them, they seem to readily shake off the mental magic, their force of will powering them onward.

In a voice sounding like grinding rocks, they respond to Newt's suggestion.

Terran:
WE WILL NOT BE SWAYED FROM OUR CAUSE LITTLE PEBBLE.

Newt:
It looks like they are a little too smart for that trick, although I applaud your ingenuity!

Bold may go!

Liora the Skydruid
Newt the Drowned
Volyana
Trixalana

Kivi the Troll
Jyrrar Rivurder
Black Earthman
Brown Earthman
Atronia

Grand Lodge

NG Male Human (Ulfen) Druid (Elemental Ally) 1.0 HP 12/12 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | F +5 R +2 W +4 | CMD 14 | Init +6 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Nature +7 Planes +6 | Speed 30 ft | Combat Vigor 3/3 | Active Effects: Light

"Not calmed. Definitely not calmed!"

Liberty's Edge

Male NG Oread Monk (Student of the Stone) l HP: 9/9 l AC: 17 (14 Touch, 13 FF) l CMB: +3, CMD: 16 l F: +3, R: +5, W: +5 l Init: +3 l Perc: +7, Darkvision 60 ft l Speed 20ft l Stunning Fist 1/1

Jyrrar nods in reply to Newt and readies his weapons while slowly advancing upon the stony creatures. "I do not believe words will resolve this conflict, sadly." He slowly advances upon the creature in front of him while addressing them in their native tongue:

Terran:
"What would your cause be to invade this place?"

Move: Move to position on map.
Attack: Strike the Black Earthman.
Shortspear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome 1st level Oracle (Life) | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 11 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | CPE 2/5 | Spells: 1st - 1/4

"Dawnflower watches over us, my friends! You will not fail in this endeavor." She quickly casts a spell over her companions and they find themselves bolstered for combat. She then begins moving up to assist her companions in battle.

Casting Bless (+1 Morale bonus to Attack and saves vs. Fear) and then moving up to position on map.

Scarab Sages

Female Varisian Monk 2 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 (19) T 15 (19) FF 12 | F +5, R +5, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | 30' | Stunning Fist 1/2 | Timelost Chronicler 0/1

"If words will not, then force shall." Volyana pulls out her whip and sets it whirling about her as she closes with the elementals, moving as gracefully as a hunting crane. She spins it around in a figure-eight before abruptly swinging it at the elemental's head.

Enter Crane Style
Move 15' and draw weapon
Attack brown elemental, fighting defensively
AC is now 19

Nine-Section Whip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Terran:
TO REPEL THE INVASIVE ASSAULT

Volyana, with her sectioned whip, crunches into the first Stone soldier, knocking a huge chunk out of it's side.

Jyrrar, not to be outdone, attacks the other Earthen Assaulter, but his spear point plinks harmlessly off its rocky exterior.

The brown Soldier, swings a mighty fist at Volyana, Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 but the massive chunk missing out of his shoulder throws his balance off.

Terran:
COME BROTHER, THIS IS THE DANGEROUS ONE!

The Coal Crusher, steps closer to Volyana, swinging a mighty fist Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 catching her square in the ribs Slam Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 breaking bone and bruising flesh, practically knocking her off of her feet.

Kivi's massive swing bounces off the stony plate that is the body of these earthen invaders.

Bold May Go!

Atronia
Liora the Skydruid
Newt the Drowned
Volyana
(-12) Yikes!
Trixalana
Kivi the Troll
Jyrrar Rivurder

Black Earthman
Brown Earthman (-9)

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome 1st level Oracle (Life) | HP 10/10 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 11 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | CPE 2/5 | Spells: 1st - 1/4

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Selective Channel to exclude the elementals.

Trix winces as she watches Volyana takes a solid hit! She quickly sends a wave of positive energy over the battlefield and draws her healing wand. "Stand fast, Volyana! I am coming."

1 to 50 of 314 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS 8-00] GM Chie's Cosmic Captive [Tier 1-2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.