Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 1-39: Citidel of Flame (Roving Dachshund)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

[PFS]1-39: Citadel of Flame

Citadel of Flame Maps


51 to 100 of 155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

After a few moments, the door swings open with the expected amount of noise the echos though the interior and the walls of the canyon.

Perception rolls:

Perception Naseem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Perception Korum: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Perception Cork: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Perception Kenza: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Perception Quon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Perception Jinhong: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The entry hall is clearly meant to impress visitors. Many rows of stout pillars, carved to resemble writhing flames, surround the center of the room where a spiral staircase, devoid of rails or walls, leads up to the minaret above. A large bonfire burns in the middle of the staircase, casting normal illumination throughout the room. The walls are covered with written prayers carved in gold filigree and preaching surrender to the flame.as well as stylized efreeti faces spaced every 5 feet. Massive obsidian benches line the walls, and a thick layer of desert sand covers the floor and stairs, especially near the entryway.

There are footprints in the sand heading the stairs to the minaret

Aside from the stairs up, two sets of doors are closed on the eastern portion of this chamber.

The Exchange

Female Tian-Xian Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/2 (HP 18/18 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:15 | F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Low-light vision | Move:30ft) Mwk Rapier +7 (1d6+3/18-20x2) Panache 4/4 DL 3/3 CL 2/3
Skills:
Acro +9 Bluff +7 Climb +4 Diplomacy +7 EA +7 Intim +8 Knowledge (Local +5) Perc +4 Perform (Dance) +7 Ride +7 SM +0 SoH +7 Stealth +3 Swim +4

Well, the walls say to just surrender to the flames. Whaddya say, guys? Shall we?

Jinny smiles impishly.

I think not.

Anyone recognize what made these footprints?

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Kenza would have helped Naseem push open the door when he moved towards it.

---

Kenza looks around the room full of pillars, then eyes the footprints on the ground. Noting their direction, she looks up at the spiral staircase.

Survival on the footprints: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Perception to search the room: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"Not sure what they are, but they lead up. Should we follow?"

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

The foot prints are booted medium sized humanoid.

Perception:

Perception Naseem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Perception Korum: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Perception Cork: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Perception Kenza: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Perception Quon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Perception Jinhong: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

As you examine the foot prints you hear the sounds of someone, or something, rustling around above.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Kenza gestures for silence, then points up. Slowly, she begins to slink up the stairs, gesturing for the others to follow her.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

The Exchange

Female Tian-Xian Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/2 (HP 18/18 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:15 | F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Low-light vision | Move:30ft) Mwk Rapier +7 (1d6+3/18-20x2) Panache 4/4 DL 3/3 CL 2/3
Skills:
Acro +9 Bluff +7 Climb +4 Diplomacy +7 EA +7 Intim +8 Knowledge (Local +5) Perc +4 Perform (Dance) +7 Ride +7 SM +0 SoH +7 Stealth +3 Swim +4

Jinny silently follows.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 14 | F +4 R +1 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +2 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

Cork nods at Kenza. He signals that he's going to wait at the base of the stairs while the others go up.

Scarab Sages

hp 9/15 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 15 | Init +3 | Fort +1 Ref+5 Will +2 | Perception +4 | Ray 4/6 | Spells 3/4 | Reroll 1/1

"Wait a second, I will scout"

Quon quickly and silently scampers up the outside wall to take a peek.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
I have a climb speed, climb take 10 is 22

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

Naseem after a quick glance at his heavy breastplate he's wearing, decides to hang back at the bottom of the stairs, knowing he'd likely botch any attempt made to be sneaky.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Jinny, Kenza quietly ascend the stairs.

A set of graceful spiral stairs, constructed of black marble veined with scarlet, wind upward. The bonfire in the entry hall sends waves of intense heat flowing upwards, along with thick black smoke. Directly above the flame, at the level of the chamber’s ceiling, is a wide capstone concealing the interior of the hall’s large minaret. The stairs wrap around the capstone and end in a small landing adjacent to an egg-shaped enclosure suspended inside the minaret. The chamber’s exterior walls are wreathed in smoke flowing in wide ribbons toward the minaret’s peak. A squat stone door leads inside.

Quon climbs from the outside, but no windows or anything show what may be waiting in the minaret or its enclosure.

Perception:

Perception Naseem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Perception Korum: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Perception Cork: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Perception Kenza: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Perception Quon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Perception Jinhong: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

While examining the door to the small chamber, it suddenly opens, release a fan of flames.

Reflex Jinny: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Reflex Kenza: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

However both of you avoid the brunt the the flame blast and take half of Flame: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 2 fire damage

Inside the chamber is a sauna that is dark and bare of any furnishings, although the walls are decorated with a large mural of the Qadiran desert

Cork hears the sound of someone speaking to the east right before the flames went off.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

As the fire engulfs her, Kenza let's out a hiss of pain, but it's lost in the roar of the flames. She dashes forwards, through the now open door, finding herself in the dark sauna. She looks behind her to see if Jinhong and Cornelius are alright.

Then she turns her eyes to the chamber she's in.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

The chamber resembles some type of Sauna. Heat from the bonfire below makes the chamber extremely warm. If you were to spend time in here, you mostly have to stave off the effects of heat exposure. However, a few minutes is fine. The chamber is large enough for open person to move around, but could fit two or three if needed. Once inside you also see a mural depicting some battle it is highly stylize and does not appear to be of any specific battle but some ideal scene of battle.

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

Naseem moves into the room, sheathing his sword and pulling out his wand of cure light wounds.

He first cures himself, then motions to Jinny and and Kenza to come down so he can cure them.

assuming they come down for some healing

CLW me: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW Kenza: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW JIn: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I think they know we are coming by know. we need to be extra vigilant for ambushes. he whispers.

He casts heightened awareness on himself then scans the room.

+2 to all knowledge checks and perception for 20 min.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

The Exchange

Female Tian-Xian Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/2 (HP 18/18 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:15 | F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Low-light vision | Move:30ft) Mwk Rapier +7 (1d6+3/18-20x2) Panache 4/4 DL 3/3 CL 2/3
Skills:
Acro +9 Bluff +7 Climb +4 Diplomacy +7 EA +7 Intim +8 Knowledge (Local +5) Perc +4 Perform (Dance) +7 Ride +7 SM +0 SoH +7 Stealth +3 Swim +4

Thank you, good sir. Your kindness is much appreciated.

Jinny takes a quick look around, and leaves before the heat gets too much.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Scarab Sages

hp 9/15 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 15 | Init +3 | Fort +1 Ref+5 Will +2 | Perception +4 | Ray 4/6 | Spells 3/4 | Reroll 1/1

Quon climbs back down and joins the others ”it seems they are well prepared to deal with intruders, it is up to show them their preparations were not sufficient to deal with pathfinders!”

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Kenza nods at Naseem in thanks.

Does she see any sign of where the rustling sound she heard might have come from? Is there another way to go up here other than the sauna?

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

From what you have observed, there isn't any other way in or out of the sauna and minaret. The stonework is solid and there is enough room for any other passage.

Aside from hot, there wasn't any other signs up the stairs.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 14 | F +4 R +1 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +2 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

I'm a little bit confused. The flame burst only affected the people who went up the stairs and that was only Jinhong and Kenza, right? At the same time, Cork heard something from the east door on the main floor, not upstairs. Right? And when you say "flames went off" do you mean the flame burst or do you mean that the flames are now gone?

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

I mean the flames bust (burning hands) trap. The flames affected the people up the stairs. It was a loud sound that everyone herd. The bonfire is still lit. Cork heard someone speaking to the east on the main floor, right before he heard the trap go off. But not sure from which of the eastern doors.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

As Kenza examined the foot prints she heard the sounds of someone, or something, rustling around above her, up the stairs. That's why she went up there so suddenly. Does she see anything that might have made that sound?

If she doesn't, she tells the Jinhong, "I heard something moving up here.... But I cannot find it's source. Beware."

Then Kenza moves around the room, feeling and listening for something or someone invisible that might be hiding up there with her.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 14 | F +4 R +1 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +2 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

Thanks for clarifying everything!

Cork stares at the doors on the east side of the room. He looks back and forth between the two. "I heard some voices behind one of those doors," he says to Naseem and Quon. He peers up the stairs to see if Kenza and Jinhong are alright.

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

Alright guys, we can't wait around forever hoping the enemy reveals itself. Let's just try the north door and get ready for a fight

With that said, he puts the wand away, pulls out the Holy arrow and heads for the door.

He'll make a perception check for traps. If he finds none, he opens the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

The Exchange

Female Tian-Xian Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/2 (HP 18/18 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:15 | F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Low-light vision | Move:30ft) Mwk Rapier +7 (1d6+3/18-20x2) Panache 4/4 DL 3/3 CL 2/3
Skills:
Acro +9 Bluff +7 Climb +4 Diplomacy +7 EA +7 Intim +8 Knowledge (Local +5) Perc +4 Perform (Dance) +7 Ride +7 SM +0 SoH +7 Stealth +3 Swim +4

Jinny quietly coats her blade in the Oil of Bless Weapon and readies herself next to Naseem.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

I will be offline most of the day, so I will give time for Korum and Quon to prepare before entering the next room

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Finding nothing, Kenza hurries down the stairs to stick with the other Pathfinders. It's her duty to protect them, and she intends to see it through.

When she reaches the others she stands behind Jinhong, a dagger in one hand, the other empty.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 1 AC 16 {T:11/FF:15} HP 13/13 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +4, Reflex +1, Will +1

Korum moves up behind Naseem, glaive at the ready. "I feel in our case, the best defense is going to be a strong offense. Let's do this!"

Sorry, post was eaten.

Scarab Sages

hp 9/15 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 15 | Init +3 | Fort +1 Ref+5 Will +2 | Perception +4 | Ray 4/6 | Spells 3/4 | Reroll 1/1

Quon also joins the others, rapier in hand and ready for whatever might come.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 14 | F +4 R +1 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +2 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

Cork steps up with the others and draws his cutlass. "I'm ready as well."

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Opening the Door:

Perception:

Perception Naseem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Perception Korum: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Perception Cork: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Perception Kenza: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Perception Quon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Perception Jinhong: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Although formerly full of finery, this large hall has been completely ransacked. Scarlet drapes lie in tatters on the floor, obsidian pedestals are smashed, and shards of red and black clay cover the floor. The southeast corner is the only exception—a large table sits there undisturbed. On it, the cultists have reconstructed an idol of Moloch: a large, armored flame creature with the head of a bull. Three torches line the chamber, but they are near the end of their lives, casting only dim light.

in the dim light, Jinny Korum, and Kenza see flickering light behind a torch sconce marked with red diamond

Naseem, notices and small opening behind the tapestry in the entrance chamber marked with yellow diamond

After a moment of quick survey a flaming sphere manifests from one of the torch sconces in the small room and rolls towards the door and into the Crimson Fox.

Jinny Reflex SV: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

She is unable to get out of the way in time and takes fire: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5) = 13 damage

COMBAT

Init, Naseem: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Init, Korum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Init, Cork: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Init, Kenza: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Init, Quon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Init, Jinhong: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Init, Enemy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Everyone can act before the mysterious enemy acts again

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

There is something hiding around here screwing with us! Naseem yells. I think there's something in or near that tapestry by Quon!

As he says this he moves to the tapestry to try to go through it while putting the the holy arrow away.

He's gonna pull his greatsword out as he moves next round. Can he go through the tapestry?

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

"Get down!" Kenza calls out as the fire rolls forward, once again too late to help her comrade.

Too slow! I've failed again.

Kenza steps out of the way of the path of the rolling flame and moves into the small room, hoping that the flickering object she saw behind the torch is an off lever. She examines the space behind the torch sconce.

If there's a lever or something behind there she pulls it. If it's an object she picks it up. Otherwise she spends the rest of her turn examining what she sees cautiously.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Behind both the Tapestry and the Torch Sconce, there is a arrow slit opening to some room.

Init, Naseem: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Init, Kenza: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Opposed roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Kenza sees some motion in the secret room, but can not pin point anyone. Naseem, from his vantage point sees a humanoid crouching behind the arrow slit opening to the "Trophy Room."

The person is dressed in fiery colored robes of a follower of Moloch.

The arrow slits provide total cover from the outside unless you are standing right next to them, then it is cover. They provide cover from the inside unless you are next to them and the it is partial cover for melee or none for ranged attacks.

The slits are too narrow for effectively using slashing or bludgeoning, but ranged or piercing attacks will work.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Got it! So, I'm about to be shot in the face... lol

"Arrow slits!" Kenza calls out to warn her allies.

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

There's someone behind the tapestry, attacking us through arrow slits! Naseem shouts. Get your ranged weapons out and prepare to return fire!

On my next turn I'm getting out of the arrow slit window to make room for someone with some better ranged attacks.

Scarab Sages

hp 9/15 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 15 | Init +3 | Fort +1 Ref+5 Will +2 | Perception +4 | Ray 4/6 | Spells 3/4 | Reroll 1/1

Acidic Ray: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Quon hops up to the arrow slit and wringles two fingers through it. Moments later a blob of acid drops from the wall at the opposite end of the room.

The Exchange

Female Tian-Xian Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/2 (HP 18/18 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:15 | F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Low-light vision | Move:30ft) Mwk Rapier +7 (1d6+3/18-20x2) Panache 4/4 DL 3/3 CL 2/3
Skills:
Acro +9 Bluff +7 Climb +4 Diplomacy +7 EA +7 Intim +8 Knowledge (Local +5) Perc +4 Perform (Dance) +7 Ride +7 SM +0 SoH +7 Stealth +3 Swim +4

@GM, this seems like the perfect time to engage the Swashbuckler Charmed Life ability, which would have added +3 to my save. Can we retconn that?

Jinny's actions this round depend on the answer, and if that would have been enough to negate the damage.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps
Jinhong Yeou, the Crimson Fox wrote:

@GM, this seems like the perfect time to engage the Swashbuckler Charmed Life ability, which would have added +3 to my save. Can we retconn that?

Jinny's actions this round depend on the answer, and if that would have been enough to negate the damage.

Yes it is

However, even as the fiery sphere hits Jimmy, her charmed life causes her to take no damage.

The Exchange

Female Tian-Xian Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/2 (HP 18/18 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:15 | F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Low-light vision | Move:30ft) Mwk Rapier +7 (1d6+3/18-20x2) Panache 4/4 DL 3/3 CL 2/3
Skills:
Acro +9 Bluff +7 Climb +4 Diplomacy +7 EA +7 Intim +8 Knowledge (Local +5) Perc +4 Perform (Dance) +7 Ride +7 SM +0 SoH +7 Stealth +3 Swim +4

Thanks, GM. I will use it again if the sphere comes my way next time.

After just barely dodging out of the way of the flaming sphere, Jinny points to the torch sconce.

Whoever it is, is behind there!

She moves closer and searches the area for a hidden door.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

CL 2/3

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 14 | F +4 R +1 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +2 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

Cork jumps back as the ball of flame rolls by. "I didn't see that coming. Or rather, I guess I did." He steps into the room with Jinny and Kenza. "You say there is someone behind that arrow slit? Let me look?" He steps up to the slit and tries to fire a ray through it to the person inside.

Ray of frost: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 1 AC 16 {T:11/FF:15} HP 13/13 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +4, Reflex +1, Will +1

"Well, there has got to be another way into that room. Besides, don't he need to see us to toss spells our way? Can we just block the slits and find a door? Or better yet, smoke him out?"

The paladin heads to the double doors to the east and takes a look inside.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Opening the door to the next room

Moloch’s acolytes met supplicants in this richly-decorated chamber and screened them for entry to the Inferno Heart. Against the east wall sits an ornate brass throne, sculpted to resemble an enormous hand of flame. Wood painted to resemble tendrils of smoke rising from behind the throne merge into a detailed mural of Moloch’s idol on the wall.

Perception Korum: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

However no entrance to the center room is apparent.

Trophy Room Cork, Jinny and Kenza

Jinny looks around the wall near the arrow slit but sure there isn't any door here.

However the man inside steps up to the opening and a burst of colors come forth covering Kenza and Cork.

Cork Will SV: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Kenza Will SV: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Color spray. Kenza, or Cork, would you like to use your re-roll?

Entry Chamber Naseem and Quon

The flaming sphere moves along the wall and over Quon

Quon Ref Sv: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

But he is easily able to get out of the way in time.

That is the enemy, everyone is up

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 14 | F +4 R +1 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +2 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

I don't have a re-roll so I can't use it.

Scarab Sages

hp 9/15 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 15 | Init +3 | Fort +1 Ref+5 Will +2 | Perception +4 | Ray 4/6 | Spells 3/4 | Reroll 1/1

Acidic Ray: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Quon fires another acidic ray through the arrow slit, this time it hits. After that he moves out of the flaming sphere.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

@GM - Kenza has no way to re-roll anything, so she takes the save as is.

The Exchange

Female Tian-Xian Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/2 (HP 18/18 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:15 | F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Low-light vision | Move:30ft) Mwk Rapier +7 (1d6+3/18-20x2) Panache 4/4 DL 3/3 CL 2/3
Skills:
Acro +9 Bluff +7 Climb +4 Diplomacy +7 EA +7 Intim +8 Knowledge (Local +5) Perc +4 Perform (Dance) +7 Ride +7 SM +0 SoH +7 Stealth +3 Swim +4

Jinny lines up one of the holy arrows and fires it through the arrow slit at the hidden assailant.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage, holy: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + (3, 6) = 12 assuming he's Evil

We've got you surrounded. Surrender now and your life will be spared.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Results of Color Spray

Cork is able to keep his wits about him as Kenza fall unconscious.

Unconscious, blinded, stunned: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
then Blinded, and Stunnded: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Final Stun: 1 = 1

Kenza is effectively out and stunned for 10 rounds

arrow break on '1': 1d2 ⇒ 1

Jinny's arrow goes wide and shatters on the wall behind the target.

Quon's acid ray hits soundly and the assailant shouts out something in Ignan.

Cork, Naseem, and Korum can still act

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

There's got to be a way in there somehow, that nutjob had to get in the room. Naseem thinks.

The Oread pulls out his greatsword and goes into the room to the south. He then looks for a way into the spellcasters room.

Perception+ heightened awareness: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

I'm assuming/hoping the south door isn't locked.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps
Korum from the Discussion Thread wrote:

Korum enters the room, looking behind the tapestry for a door into the arrow-slit room.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Korum finds the "door" behind the tapestry. door marked in red

Naseem enters the southern "Armory"

The walls of this room are lined with weapons: crossed halberds, spears, and longswords, all decorated with flame motifs. Two shields with portraits of Moloch towering over the Citadel of Flame sit near the ceiling.. A plain obsidian bench sits on the floor, with a skeleton splayed across it. The skeleton’s armor is bedecked in stylized flames, and its scimitar’s hilt is shaped like an idol of Moloch. The room is lit by two torches.

Although Naseem does not find any door while shifting though the racks he notices that many of the weapons are recently made.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 19* (T14, FF 17*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 (+2 vs. hot weather) | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour (1 hour)

Noted.

Kenza falls to the ground under the colourful assault, unconscious and still.

51 to 100 of 155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 1-39: Citidel of Flame (Roving Dachshund) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.