Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

PFS 07-14,16,18 Start Date 11/10 TABLE 3

Game Master Emmjay

7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps


1 to 50 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Dot and Delete, you know the drill!

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Dot and Delete as needed!

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

PLAYERS

All adventurers have signed in. Please make sure to click on the Table 1 Maps either in my character description or at the top of the page and make sure SLIDES 1 and 2 are filled out correctly, by you, the player. This insures me that:

1. You can aceess the Google Doc Spreadsheet
2. You can manipulate the Google Doc Spreadsheet

Please have this completed by 11/13.

Also, please note under the Campaign Information tab the dates of any holiday breaks, given that this is going to take several months to complete all three scenarios.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

SLIDE 4

The adventure begins at the Grand Lodge in Absalom, where the you all join a gathering of several hundred Pathfinders for an announcement by Ianareth Alazario, Cheliax’s newly appointed liaison to the Pathfinder Society. With her on the stage is Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus, and the former Chelish liaison Zarta Dralneen (now head of the Dark Archive) looks on from the front row of the auditorium.

A tall, heavy-set woman wearing a black-lacquered breastplate and a sweeping ruby cloak rests a hand on the gold pommel of the longsword at her hip as she readies to address the Pathfinders assembled at the Grand Lodge. She nods once to Marcos Farabellus before beginning. “I am Ianareth Alazario, and I come to you with words spoken by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune. Pathfinders, your exile is at an end. Cheliax welcomes you once again.”

Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus vigorously leads a round of applause that echoes off the sturdy walls following the new declaration. Ianareth’s smile is as wide as her host’s, though it falters slightly when her gaze falls on her disgraced predecessor Zarta Dralneen. Ianareth continues, “With your help, I would mend the rifts between us and forge an enduring friendship. I have entrusted your Master of Swords with several promising leads found within our borders. To that I add only this: Pathfinders, the glory of Cheliax is placed in your care.” Ianareth bows deeply to Marcos and then to the crowd before taking her leave.

Marcos Farabellus steps behind the lectern and announces, “I’ve gathered a handful of teams to lead these initial expeditions, and I’ve posted those outside with times to meet me in my office for more details. There’s rewarding work ahead, so don’t be late!” With that, the auditorium begins to empty. Walking briskly with infinite poise and a clenched jaw, Zarta Dralneen is the first to disappear through the doors.

As promised, Marcos Farabellus has posted a list of half-a-dozen teams to lead these first sanctioned expeditions, and one of these teams includes each of your names. Checking the time for your meeting with Marcos Farabellus, you realize that you don't have long until the meeting. But, you realize that this would be the perfect time to get to know each other, as well as make any final purchases for the expedition. With all the shouting of names, you do manage to find everyone in your assigned team.

Note, since everyone is level 3 we will be starting off at the sub-tier 4-5 (4 player adjustment) per the guild guide pg 11. There is a possibility that the group make make it to sub-tier 4-5 (no adjustment) if enough players level up before the last scenario. Anyway, if you have any quick purchases to make, now would be the time to do so, as well as introduce yourselves.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 3 | HP 32/33(39) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | Fort +5(7)(9), Ref +2(4), Will +2(4) | Init +1 | Perc +7 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 8/10

Roldala doesn't call out; instead she listens for her companions to find one another before shuffling over, her glare darting around the room from beneath her thick hair. She's powerfully built, though she still seems slightly gawky, as if her full growth hasn't yet come in.

She introduces herself tersely, staring hard at each of the other agents before just as suddenly breaking eye contact. Even with as little as she speaks it is easy to see that her mouth is a horror of jagged teeth, filed and broken into mangled wreckage.

If it weren't Marcos asking I might not've come. I'm not much for helping Chels.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 3
Vitals:
HP: 15/15 | AC/T/FF: 13/12/11 | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +2 (+3 vs. spells and SLAs) | CMD: 13 | Reveal Weakness used: 1/7

Amarandlon frowns, watching Zarta Dralneen depart with pursed lips. Hmmmmm. I wonder if I should go ask her...no. I'm being silly...I'm far beneath her notice, still. Best to just focus on the mission and get it over with. He levers himself out of his seat and goes to investigate the list of names.

He nods at all the others, ending with Roldala as she arrives last. "Now, now," he says mildly. "I would think you, of all people, would know the wisdom in avoiding ethnic slurs. My name is Amarandlon Svethaniel. I take it we'll all be working together...I am a scribe and magical antiquities expert for the society. I've never been to Cheliax, so I confess I don't have much idea what to expect. Is there anything I should stock up on before our meeting with Farabellus?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 3 | HP 32/33(39) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | Fort +5(7)(9), Ref +2(4), Will +2(4) | Init +1 | Perc +7 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 8/10

Roldala juts her jaw out pugnaciously, but refrains from firing back. Hmmp. You keep an eye on the antiquities. I'll keep you alive - and break what needs breaking in the bargain.

Dark Archive

HP 20/20; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; CMD 13; Init +3, Perc +1; F +3, R+5, W+4

"I've a great deal of respect for Zarta, she's much less a fool than the rest of the society. She seemed disturbed. I'll speak with her."

Minmaximus follows his faction leader, catching up with her as soon as he can. "Mistress, are you well? Is this mission problematic?"

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 3
Vitals:
HP: 15/15 | AC/T/FF: 13/12/11 | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +2 (+3 vs. spells and SLAs) | CMD: 13 | Reveal Weakness used: 1/7

Amarandlon nods to Minmaximus. "I as well--but I feared that she does not know me well enough to impart matters of such trust to me. If you have more clout, by all means, please do."

To Roldala, he nods. "Sounds like an excellent plan." He turns to the rest of the group. "And the rest of you are...?"

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | Fort+3 Ref +7 Will+3 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna watches the speech of the new Chelish liason with a great deal of interest. She glances down at her chest, where the token of House Thrune's favour hangs beside her shiny new medallion from the city of Magnimar. As the final announcement is made she applauds loudly, before rushing off to find the roll of names.

"My name is Sajna Mahasi Padaprajna, I am a trader, and an agent of The Exchange." Sajna introduces herself, smiling to her new companions.
"Have you done much work with the Chelish government before?" She asks the others, curious about their relationship with Zarta Dralneen.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 3 | HP 32/33(39) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | Fort +5(7)(9), Ref +2(4), Will +2(4) | Init +1 | Perc +7 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 8/10

Roldala looks like she's about to spit, but waits out of respect for the Grand Lodge's floor. Nothing with Zarta. Nothing with the government.
But I've known Chelish lashes.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Minmaximus! wrote:


Minmaximus follows his faction leader, catching up with her as soon as he can. "Mistress, are you well? Is this mission problematic?"

Finally catching up with Zarta, you manage to get her attention. "Yes, I am well. Why do you think I am not? I don't know what mission Marcos assigned you, so I couldn't tell you what problems you will face. If you haven't met with him yet, I suggest you carry on, he isn't one to take tardiness lightly."

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera listens to the speech. It's Cheliax there has to be a catch. She makes hew way out of the meeting room, and looks at the assignment board. No one I've worked with before. I'm sure they are excellent Pathfinders.

She listens as groups begin to introduce themselves. When she hears a name she recognizes from the list, Shera makes her way to the group.

A short curvy Varisan woman waves at the group. "Blessings of Erastil on you. My name is Shera Dionas. I believe we have a meeting to attend to soon." You notice she is wearing wayang ear piercings in her ears, and you can see the top half of the holy symbol of Erastil bleached into her skin just below her neck along her upper chest.

She responds to Sanja's question, "I have never worked with the Chelish government or been to Cheliax before. My tattoo might be an issue."

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 3
Vitals:
HP: 15/15 | AC/T/FF: 13/12/11 | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +2 (+3 vs. spells and SLAs) | CMD: 13 | Reveal Weakness used: 1/7

Knowledge (Local) untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Welp, never mind.

Amarandlon frowns. "Oh yes, religious disputes. You people are so tedious about such things. Well, perhaps Farabellus can tell us if your deer god will cause a problem. One assumes not, or they wouldn't have sent you...but then, perhaps resources were slim." Amarandlon seems blithely aware of any potential insults.

Dark Archive

HP 20/20; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; CMD 13; Init +3, Perc +1; F +3, R+5, W+4

Minmaximus nods curtly. "Very well." He stalks back somewhat stiffly, rebuked and clearly hurt from it, but too proud to admit it. He rejoins the others, interrupting. "I am Minmaximus, last scion of Xin-Barrakhan. I suppose you lot will do, as minions on this assignment."

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (21) | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +9/+10 | Inspiration 4/4

The last member of the group, a pretty, dark-haired woman with bright blue eyes listens to the others quietly as they introduce themselves. Anyone with half a brain can pick up her obvious Chelish ancestry. "I am Cornelia d'Malheur, a pleasure to meet you all and join you on this mission. I mostly work with Mistress Zarta and while I have worked with the Devil-worshipers before, I do not take pleasure in the task." Upon closer inspection you might notice that everything about her is in perfect order and she is continually smoothing down the front of her clothing or checking to ensure there are no stray hairs.

Knowledge: Nobility or History DC 15:
You recognize the surname as once being a notable noble house within old Cheliax before the civil war. They were driven out of the ancestral lands by the Thrunes ascension with nothing more than their lives and the clothing on their backs.

"I am skilled at getting us into and out of places they we may not be wanted and retrieving dangerous artifacts. I am a scholar of all topics and am quite skilled with my words (Orator feat!). It is nice to see a few fellow Archivists joining me on this task."

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"It is a pleasure to meet you all." Shera gives the elf a slight look at his comment, but doesn't say anything in response.

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | Fort+3 Ref +7 Will+3 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8 | Grit 2/2 |

"Indeed, it is a great pleasure to make your acquaintances." Sajna smiles widely again, nodding enthusiastically.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

SLIDE 5

As you enter, Zarta Dralneen stands across the Master of Swords’ desk, her back turned to you. She momentarily acknowledges the newcomers before continuing to lecture Farabellus. “Beware the good intentions of a Chelish diplomat. Who controls whom behind closed doors in Cheliax, and who are we serving by heeding the call of Abrogail’s infernal masters?”

Marcos strokes his beard for a moment, buying time to phrase his reply. “Caution is warranted, but you shouldn’t let past follies color your opinion of this opportunity, Zarta. This is our chance to freely operate within Cheliax again. The doors of Delvehaven may still be closed, but we can start to mend soured relations.” Marcos turns to the recently arrived agents. “I expect everyone who takes an assignment to conduct themselves as diplomats as well as explorers. We don’t need a public debacle to ruin our welcome, again.”

Zarta straightens her back and glares imperiously down at her counterpart. “Folly? One day you will look between the sheets and see you’ve climbed into bed with a snake, Marcos. I sincerely hope none of your agents find themselves in desperate need of a retrieval team; I remind you that devils work quickly to strip hope from one’s senses.” She turns and strides out of the room.

The Master of Swords massages his forehead with one hand and motions to chairs with the other. “Lady Dralneen assumes that we take Cheliax entirely at its word. Ianareth Alazario provided me an incomplete history of a small keep in the Eismonts called Emberhold, once property of House Davian. The reason we don’t hear much of the Davians anymore is that they led the resistance against House Thrune during the Chelish civil war, and her infernal majestrix is not known for showing mercy. I’m sending you to explore the site, learn what you can about what happened there, and bring back any information about the Davians.

He leans forward and lowers his voice before adding, “You’ll be traveling through Corentyn, and I’d like you to pay a visit to the Museum of History there first. The curator, Zefiro Balinger, is an acquaintance of the Society and may have details not available in the official records. Get Balinger’s help, then visit Emberhold.” Marcos presents a small folded map. “You’ll leave Absalom aboard the Sea Sylph in two days—Society’s picking up the tab. It’s been years since we’ve had first-hand reports coming out of Cheliax, so be ready for anything.”

Diplomacy OR Know(Local) DC 10:

Until approximately three years ago, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen served as the Chelish liaison to the Pathfinder Society—the role that Ianareth Alazario now fills.

Diplomacy OR Know(Local) DC 15:

Zarta’s tenure ended abruptlyb after she disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Society agents tracked her down and rescued her, after which she severed her ties to Cheliax and founded the Dark Archive.

Delvehaven, a prestigious Pathfinder Lodge in Westcrown, has been sealed since 4676 AR, when a terrible tragedy in its halls threatened the stability of the city.

Diplomacy OR Know(Local) DC 20:

Certain Chelish officials “disappeared” Zarta based on fictitious evidence submitted by one of Zarta’s political rivals. Despite the Pathfinder Society’s providing evidence to disprove these false accusations and exonerate her, Cheliax has provided neither any acknowledgement of or apology for imprisoning and punishing her for crimes she did not commit.

Diplomacy OR Know(Local) DC 25:

Only Thrune-sanctioned Pathfinders were allowed to operate in the region prior to Delvehaven’s closure. Reports from Delvehaven were heavily redacted, contained little information of value, and worse, artifacts began to disappear. Tensions between Cheliax and legitimate Pathfinders were ruinous for years even before Thrune closed Delvehaven; even with Zarta’s influence, the Society managed only a handful of expeditions in Cheliax over the past decade.

Know(History or Nobility) DC 20:

House Davian, led by Duchess Lannavia Davian, challenged Thrune for control of Cheliax at the Battle of a Hundred Kings, a struggle that devastated Corentyn near the end of the civil war. The house’s holdings included much of the nation’s west coast.

Know(History or Nobility) DC 25:

Thrune retaliated by utterly crushing the Davians. Numerous revisions of Cheliax’s official history have downplayed the Davians’ role during the civil war, such that many don’t even remember the Davian name, much less that the great house almost defeated Thrune.

Know(Geography or Local) DC 11:

Cheliax’s state religion reveres Asmodeus. Though other faiths are not forbidden, none may flout the nation’s laws, challenge the mandates of Asmodeus, or defy House Thrune. Those who revere chaotic deities in particular often find themselves under especially close scrutiny.

Know(Geography or Local) DC 16:

It’s an open secret that several clandestine and very illegal organizations operate throughout Cheliax. This includes the Bellflower Network, a halflingrun group that liberates the halfling slaves so common in the country. Even discussing the organization openly might be considered a criminal act, if done so under the wrong circumstances.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (21) | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +9/+10 | Inspiration 4/4

Knowledge: Geography: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (4) = 15
Knowledge: History: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (2) = 11
Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 7 + (4) = 28
Knowledge: Nobility: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 7 + (5) = 31

Cornelia looks thoughtful for a moment. "Ah, yes, House Davian. My great-grandfather Corvius d'Malheur fought alongside Duchess Lannavia Davian's forces during the Battle of a Hundred Kings. That battle nearly destroyed all of Corentyn. My grandmother used to tell me stories of that great family that nearly defeated the Thrunes; however, the official history of modern Cheliax, of course, denies such accounts. It was the destruction of House Davian that led to mine own's downfall. My family was nearly wiped out as well and our ancestral home was razed... Although, again, official Chelish records reflect none of this. I would be very curious to get a look at what the official records state."

Being one of the Pathfinders that facilitated in retrieving the information regarding Zarta's disappearance, Cornelia is well-versed in the depth of treachery an Infernal from Cheliax will stoop to gain their favor. She will share all information in the above spoilers whose DC she makes. Which is every one except the last Geo/Local spoiler.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Know History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Shera listens to the information taht Cornelia shares with the group,
"Sounds like a cutthroat place Cornelia."

She asks Farabellus, Will my being a cleric be an issue in Cheliax? As Cornelia mentioned there's an official state religion. Erastil isn't it."

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 3 | HP 32/33(39) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | Fort +5(7)(9), Ref +2(4), Will +2(4) | Init +1 | Perc +7 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 8/10

Though she doesn't come close to voicing any of this, Roldala does soften slightly towards Cornelia as she hears the story of her own troubles with the Thrunes.

Course, she seems like the type who'd forgive a lot if she got her seat back at the table.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 3
Vitals:
HP: 15/15 | AC/T/FF: 13/12/11 | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +2 (+3 vs. spells and SLAs) | CMD: 13 | Reveal Weakness used: 1/7

Amarandlon frowns. "From what Lady d'Malheur has said, it sounds like your deer god should be fine, Shera. Cheliax is most unfriendly toward deities that might inspire revolution or anarchy...I imagine that Erastil does not qualify."

Turning back to Farabellus, he says, "Is there any information you require from this Balinger beyond what he knows of Emberhold? Or is our sole purpose in visiting him to prepare ourselves for that scouting mission?"

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot I have Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

As the party leaves Marcos's study, Amarandlon comments to the others, "I've heard tell that Cheliax has had more trouble than usual lately with the abolitionist anarchists known as the Bellflower Network. We should be careful making any mention of the Network, or speaking against slavery while we're there. Distasteful as it may be, getting thrown in a human prison seems worse."

Dark Archive

HP 20/20; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; CMD 13; Init +3, Perc +1; F +3, R+5, W+4

History: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Min listens to the others report, nodding as he files away knowledge for later. "This Ballinger, is he suspected to be a source for the Society, or has he evaded notice?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 3 | HP 32/33(39) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | Fort +5(7)(9), Ref +2(4), Will +2(4) | Init +1 | Perc +7 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 8/10

Long as they don't go getting their shackles ready for me, I'll hold my tongue while we're there.
Don't get too comfortable about Erastil though, Shera. If some ch-
she works her jaw angrily, If someone wants to give you trouble, a holy symbol's all the excuse they'll need. Places like Cheliax write lots of laws just to make sure they can always get you if they really want to.

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | Fort+3 Ref +7 Will+3 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna sits up on the chair, legs folded, and listens closely as the others discuss the mission ahead and some background on the history of Cheliax. She had learned little of the Infernal Empire growing up in Jalmeray, as it had always seemed so distant. Since joining the Society however, it had been almost all she had heard about, still she is surprised by how much there remains to learn.
She smiles a small smile whenever anyone glances her way, but otherwise stays quiet and attentive.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Shera Dionas wrote:

She asks Farabellus, Will my being a cleric be an issue in Cheliax? As Cornelia mentioned there's an official state religion. Erastil isn't it."

"There shouldn't be, as long as you don't go around preaching and proselytizing."

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

After introductions and questions, you and your group head out to the city awaiting transport about the Sea Slyph. Arriving at the docks on the morning of the second day an aid to Marcos Farabellus is waiting there for you with a note. Player Handout #1, Slide 6

Upon arriving at the Sea Slyph Cassian Redwold is already there tending to the gear supplied by the Society, loading and readying it for the journey in the hold. When asked about the contents, they are mostly mundane archeological equipment and straw packed crates to store items in the return trip.

The journey from Absalom to Corentyn is uneventful, with favorable winds and only one stop at the port of Merab. Captain Zaerim of the Sea Sylph states that the short waylay is an excuse to hug the southern shores of the Inner Sea and avoid Chelish naval patrols. Your group catches your first glimpse of the red Chelish flag days later, and you arrive in Corentyn at dusk a few days after that.

Corentyn Docks - SLIDE 7

The last fiery golden rays of daylight silhouette the towering monument known as Aroden’s Arch, which reaches out from Corentyn’s southern wall to divide the Arcadian Ocean and the Inner Sea. Corentyn’s numerous fortifications rise behind mighty gray and brown limestone walls. Masts of ships both in port and at sea rise in the hundreds, like a legion pointing their spears toward the heavens.

As the Sea Sylph approaches port, Captain Zaerim orders his crew to ensure goods are neatly arranged and presentable. He’s collecting papers and seeing to the accuracy of his logs when he tells your party that you should do the same. He expects the harbormaster’s deputies to search the ship and ask questions of the crew. He also warns that Corentyn impounds undeclared goods and that contraband worth more than a gold piece can earn the offending captain 20 lashes.

The harbormaster and his deputies keep an attentive eye on their port and meet any incoming ships before those aboard have a chance to disembark. When the you all arrive, a small riot is threatening to spill over from the nearby Open Slave Market. City guards bide their time, waiting for reinforcements from the Hellknights. A few of the armor-clad enforcers are looking not at the crowd, but to the harbor waters.

The halfling customs agent Tamrin Credence and his four human deputies climb aboard the Sea Sylph within moments of docking.They immediately take the Sea Sylph’s manifest and begin a thorough search, making notations in their ledgers as they go.

Sense Motive DC 18:

You can tell that the search is somewhat frantic and that the Deputies are barely looking at actual crate contents.

Tamrin questions Captain Zaerim, who refers to your group only as “passengers from Absalom.” Tamrin then questions the you about their business in Corentyn..... "What are you doing here? Who are you? What is your business here?

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | Fort+3 Ref +7 Will+3 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna steps forward and addresses the customs agent. The red of her silk dress and the gold of her jewelry shining beautiful and vibrant in the sunset glow.
"Good evening sir. We are, as the good captain said, passengers, travelling from Absalom. As a matter of fact, we are agents of the Pathfinder Society, most recently welcomed back within your borders by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune, and eager to chronicle the most recent glories and achievements of fair Cheliax!"
She smiles nervously and steps back in line with the rest of the group.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 3
Vitals:
HP: 15/15 | AC/T/FF: 13/12/11 | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +2 (+3 vs. spells and SLAs) | CMD: 13 | Reveal Weakness used: 1/7

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Diplomacy (Aid Another--Sajna or whoever takes point): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Amarandlon nods at Sajna. "What she said. Are you done yet?"

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | Fort+3 Ref +7 Will+3 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8 | Grit 2/2 |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 3 = 25 (roll for Sajna's introducion of the party if it was needed)

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Shera stays in the back of the group. She's managed to find a scarf that goes around her neck. She sighs when Amarandlon speaks. Realizing there might be trouble she steps forward.

"Good evening. We are here for an archaeological expedition. As my colleague said, we have been invited."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 3 | HP 32/33(39) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | Fort +5(7)(9), Ref +2(4), Will +2(4) | Init +1 | Perc +7 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 8/10

Roldala joins Shera at the back of the group, trying to appear vaguely inoffensive and scholastic.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (21) | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +9/+10 | Inspiration 4/4

Seeing that Sajna did a wonderful job already at the introductions, Cornelia waits quietly until she notices the distraction of the guards. "It would seem that you have more pressing matters that need attending, goodsir." She removes a token from one of her pouches that displays the emblem of House Thrune which signifies her good standing with the ruling House. "This may ease your concerns about our vessel and intentions here."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 3 = 22

Boon from The Disappeared that grants a +3 Circumstance bonus to Diplomacy checks influence high-standing members of House Thrune, the Chelish government, or a Hellknight order in good standing. Not sure if it would apply in this situation, but it definitely cannot hurt.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

"Pathfinders, you say? Well, that changes matters, even if you are invited." He looks at the House Thrune Emblem. While he no longer has a nasty edge to his voice, he and his men still have a job to do, even if they don't like it. "Of course, we will make this as painless as possible, but, laws are laws, and we will still need to inspect your cargo and ship before you depart."

At this point, I will require everyone to state their declared items. Even with the successful diplomacy checks to help smooth things along, there are still rules and laws of the land that must be observed. HOWEVER before items are declared, please have someone roll for the spoiler, it will help the group greatly especially if you decided to hide anything...

Knowledge(Local) OR Profession (Barrister) dc12:

Contraband that is being searched for:
∙ Holy symbols and holy texts dedicated to chaotic gods— visitors are free to worship whomever so long as this doesn’t challenge Thrune’s or Asmodeus’s authority, but a recent court decision has identified such holy symbols as a medium for proselytization.
∙ Scrolls and potions of spells with the chaotic descriptor
∙ Poisons whose combined cost exceeds 150 gp
∙ Drugs whose combined cost exceeds 50 gp
∙ Large weapons—an uncharacteristic string of attacks has resulted in a crackdown on citizen weaponry that most assume will end in the next month or two. Until this resolution ends, only light weapons are permitted in the city limits. You can declare and leave larger weapons on the ship at no cost and retrieve them when they depart for Emberhold.
NOTE: For the purposes of this check and interaction, I am going to assume that any two handed weapon counts as 'large'.

All I really need is to know if you are trying to sneak a contraband item into the town. If you are, when you declare your items, give me a bluff check as well.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (21) | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +9/+10 | Inspiration 4/4

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 7 + (1) = 26

Cornelia will share that information with her companions. Would that have been done before arriving? Or now?

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Cornelia d'Malheur wrote:

[dice=Knowledge: Local]1d20+7+1d6

Cornelia will share that information with her companions. Would that have been done before arriving? Or now?

You would have known before docking, I missed it (apologizes) and so have time to "hide" anything contraband or attempt to sneak in into town somehow if you needed to.

Dark Archive

HP 20/20; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; CMD 13; Init +3, Perc +1; F +3, R+5, W+4

Min steps boldly forward. "Minmaximus, wizard and last scion of Xin-Barrakhan. I have nothing to declare. Your laws are safe for another day. Huzzah." He adds acerbicly.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 3 | HP 32/33(39) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | Fort +5(7)(9), Ref +2(4), Will +2(4) | Init +1 | Perc +7 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 8/10

Roldala spits overboard but will leave her long-hafted hammer on board.

Would we have known this before departing? Roldala will have purchased a scimitar if we knew that One-Handed Weapons were kosher

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 3
Vitals:
HP: 15/15 | AC/T/FF: 13/12/11 | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +2 (+3 vs. spells and SLAs) | CMD: 13 | Reveal Weakness used: 1/7

"I, too, have nothing to declare," Amarandlon says confidently. Fools think that large weapons are dangerous? Ha! They'll soon learn otherwise.

Minmaximus:
If the GM's ok with it, would you care to trade any spells over the journey leading to Corentyn?

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Roldala Chainbiter wrote:

Roldala spits overboard but will leave her long-hafted hammer on board.

Would we have known this before departing? Roldala will have purchased a scimitar if we knew that One-Handed Weapons were kosher

No, you wouldn't have. Granted, while the Captain would have known, he probably wouldn't have told you until right before docking to keep some items stowed away. As there is more to come for others, its designed to 'limit' what you have, to make to think outside the box......

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 3 | HP 32/33(39) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | Fort +5(7)(9), Ref +2(4), Will +2(4) | Init +1 | Perc +7 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 8/10

No worries! Roldala'll just ram people to death :)

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Roldala Chainbiter wrote:
No worries! Roldala'll just ram people to death :)

Its a big enough town, a scimitar would be available for purchase.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

As Tamrin goes about his business, he adds one final bit of news about what can or cannot be done in the city. "Casting arcane spells more powerful than cantrips within 5 miles of the Esoterium carries the penalty of having the offender's spellbook burned or their hands broken, unless they are registered members. A temporary license at the school costs 50gp. Divine spellcasters are required to register with the Harbormaster's office, which I can do for you"

Also, when Tamrin is talking to Captain Zaerim you overhear that, because of the commotion in the nearby slave markets, supplies may not be unloaded until tomorrow.

And he waits for everyone to declare their items.

Dark Archive

HP 20/20; AC 13, T 13, FF 10; CMD 13; Init +3, Perc +1; F +3, R+5, W+4

Amarandlon and GM Emmjay:
Sure! Min would have been reluctant to share his precious spellbook, but the lure of new arcana would have won him over! Will that work, GM?

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 16 T 15 FF 11 | Fort+3 Ref +7 Will+3 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8 | Grit 2/2 |

With no hope or desire to bluff her way through customs, Sajna sighs as she retrieves her masterwork musket from her bunk and brings it to the halfling.
"My good sir, I believe that there is a restriction on large weapons. If I have understood correctly, I must declare this musket to you now. If it pleases you I will happily leave it and all associated materials on the ship while within your city walls."

Sajna's tone is cooperative but when she turns away her heart sinks and she dejectedly sets aside her gunsmithing kit, ammunition and black powder, with no use for any of it without her trusty firearm.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps
Minmaximus! wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

"If a wizard, witch, magus, or alchemist PC is adventuring with another PC who could teach them a spell, those PCs may exchange spells on their own terms as long as they make the proper skill checks and their trading of arcane secrets does not interfere with the flow of the game, at the GM's discretion."

Per PFS rules, you can do so, as long as you pay the cost for scribing.

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Player Declared Items?:

Amarandlon - Yes
Cornelia
Minmaximus - Yes
Roldala - Yes
Sajna - Yes
Shera

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 17 (21) | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +3 | Perc +9/+10 | Inspiration 4/4

Cornelia looks at Tamrin. "I have nothing to declare to you, sir."

Grand Lodge

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps |*| 7-14,16,18 Table 3 Maps|*|The Long Campaign Maps

Tamrin, having completed his inspections with almost everyone, steps in front of Shera "What have you to declare? Hiding anything important?"

1 to 50 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS 07-14,16,18 Start Date 11 / 10 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.