PFS 07-14,16,18 Start Date 11/10 TABLE 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Emmjay

7-14,16,18 Table 2 Maps


201 to 250 of 618 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

Intrigued, Doran carefully approaches the window and peaks in.

know nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Thank you, Vexin." Malora remarks.

Turning to Doran she asks, "What do you see?"

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Doran Therinor wrote:

Intrigued, Doran carefully approaches the window and peaks in.

[dice=know nature]1d20+5

What he sees, or rather think he sees, is a gourd patch kept up and farmed by some (and he can't tell how many) Gourd Leshy's.

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 2 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 (16*) T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Dipl +6 | Speed 30/20ft | ER Fire 3, Acid 3 | Spells: None LOH: 3/3 Active conditions: Enlarge 6 rounds.

Ischell is ready to go- just waiting for the scouting/discussion part to play out. He's not smart enough or stealthy enough to contribute

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

Hmm...odd. The patch looks like the work of gourd leshys. Sentient plants....unusual.... Doran tells the rest.

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling Slayer (Sniper) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 T:13 FF:14 | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:2 R:5 W:0 | Init: 5 | Speed 20ft. | Adaptable Luck: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 7 | Bluff: 3 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering | Geography | Local): 6 | Perception: 6 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 11 | Survival: 4

"We have the upperhand as I can point out the Leshies, is it? We can end this quickly and quietly before moving further in." Vexin says quietly ready to move when the others are.

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 2 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 (16*) T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Dipl +6 | Speed 30/20ft | ER Fire 3, Acid 3 | Spells: None LOH: 3/3 Active conditions: Enlarge 6 rounds.

"I am, like, not sure what that means Doran. Are they, like, threatening or anything? I don't want to trounce some friendly plant for no reason, man"

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

Mindartis also takes a look at the leshies and tries to examine them with Doran. "Let's see what we have here."

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

What do I know about the alignment of these creatures?

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Mindartis Nightbreeze wrote:

Mindartis also takes a look at the leshies and tries to examine them with Doran. "Let's see what we have here."

What do I know about the alignment of these creatures?

Generally speaking, they are quite docile, and only show themselves when what they are farming is destroyed, or they think that it will be so, or they themselves are directly attacked. Fully sentient.

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling Slayer (Sniper) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 T:13 FF:14 | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:2 R:5 W:0 | Init: 5 | Speed 20ft. | Adaptable Luck: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 7 | Bluff: 3 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering | Geography | Local): 6 | Perception: 6 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 11 | Survival: 4

Oh...now I feel bad. I was gonna take them out. And they are cute to boot.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

"These are quite docile as long as we don't mess with their produce. Maybe we can even learn a thing or two from them."

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Yes. There's no need to attack without reason. Let us introduce ourselves and speak with these gardeners."

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray

"That makes sense to me. In fact, they may have some information that we can use. Ischell or Malora, you two seem to be our friendliest faces. Why don't you lead and introduce us?" Elemenar gestures to the entrance.

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 2 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 (16*) T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Dipl +6 | Speed 30/20ft | ER Fire 3, Acid 3 | Spells: None LOH: 3/3 Active conditions: Enlarge 6 rounds.

”uhhh, do you think they speak common?”

Ischell takes his hand off his weapon, and slowly steps forward. As he reaches he edge of the edge of the steps (right before the 10’ step down).

”Hello! Please, we would like to talk. We are curious about this place, but do not wish to disturb your pleasant grove!”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling Slayer (Sniper) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 T:13 FF:14 | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:2 R:5 W:0 | Init: 5 | Speed 20ft. | Adaptable Luck: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 7 | Bluff: 3 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering | Geography | Local): 6 | Perception: 6 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 11 | Survival: 4

"Let us hope they are peaceful. I am sure they are more pleasant than those guards were. Good luck Ischell." Vexin says while keeping his eye out.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Greetings, little gardeners!" Malora announces as she steps into view. "I am Lawmaster Malora, a servant of Abadar: Master of the First Vault, and patron of all industrious souls, yourselves included! We mean you no harm! Your garden is lovely, and I respect you for tending it. We only wish to pass through and explore the ruins beyond. We respectfully request permission to pass through your lands. May we be granted the privilege?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Speaking in common.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Ischell wrote:

”uhhh, do you think they speak common?”

Ischell takes his hand off his weapon, and slowly steps forward. As he reaches he edge of the edge of the steps (right before the 10’ step down).

”Hello! Please, we would like to talk. We are curious about this place, but do not wish to disturb your pleasant grove!”

Three of the 'gourds' stand up and stop hiding, their ruse at trying to be hidden clearly failed. While they acknowledge you, they don't seem to understand you.

מי אתה, מה אתה רוצה?

Sylvan:

Who are you, what do you want?

Pwy ydych chi, beth ydych chi eisiau?
Druidic:

Who are you, what do you want?

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 2 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 (16*) T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Dipl +6 | Speed 30/20ft | ER Fire 3, Acid 3 | Spells: None LOH: 3/3 Active conditions: Enlarge 6 rounds.

”Well dudes. I don’t know how much help I am going to be... That’s just gibberish to me.”

Knowing that they are watching, Ischell sits on the edge of the step and lays his weapon down beside him- hoping for a completely nonthreatening posture.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Malora casts a spell, gaining the ability to understand their language. Comprehend Languages

"They're asking who we are, and what we want." Malora translates. "Unfortunately, I can't speak their language."

Malora stows her cross bow and holds out her hands In a nonthreatening manner.

"WE," she says, gesturing at she and Ischell, "Are friendly." she adds, smiling happily and pointing at her smile.

She takes out her waterskin and gently sprinkles some water on the garden, smiling the whole time. "Nice garden. Good garden." she remarks, nodding and trying to get across the idea that they won't harm the garden or the leshies.

She puts her waterskin away and gestures carefully at herself and Ischell. "WE," she says clearly. "Want to go INSIDE." she points at the stone ruins, careful not to include the garden in the area she points out. She points at her eyes, then the ruins again. "WE want to LOOK around."

She nods, hoping that got the gist of it across. "Yes?" she asks. She points at herself, and then the ruins. "WE go THERE?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Pantomime with... Act?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 2 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 (16*) T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Dipl +6 | Speed 30/20ft | ER Fire 3, Acid 3 | Spells: None LOH: 3/3 Active conditions: Enlarge 6 rounds.

Well done Malora

Ischell quickly picks up what Lawmaster Malora is doing, and slides off the step- joining her in her gestures and demonstrations.

Aid with Act: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Aid with Dip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray

Elemenar's ears perk up when he hears the melodious sounds of sylvan from the creatures. He is about to translate for Ischell and Malora when she casts a spell. "I see you can understand them. I happen to speak Sylvan. I can be a translator if you'd like."

Elemenar turns to the creatures and greets them in Sylvan. He explains briefly who they are and does his best to translate Malora's long introduction. He turns back to Ischell and Malora. "I just told them what you already said. Anything else you want to add?"

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

אתה רוצה לרדת? הזהר. רע שם למטה. אל תשבור את הצמחים שלנו. אתה לא אוהב את זה כאשר אנו כועסים. האם אתה רוצה עזרה?

Sylvan:

You want to go down? Be careful. Bad down there. Don't break our plants. You won't like it when we get angry. Do you want help?

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Well done, Elemenar." Malora remarks with a wide smile, clearly enjoying interacting with these industrious little gardeners.

As they speak again she nods. "What is bad down there?" she asks, clearly expecting Elemenar to keep translating. "We will not harm your plants. They are yours. We will be careful, and treat them with respect."

"Help?" she wonders aloud. "Ask them what kind of help they have in mind, Elemenar. I do not want these fine farmers putting themselves in danger on our behalf."

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 2 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 (16*) T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Dipl +6 | Speed 30/20ft | ER Fire 3, Acid 3 | Spells: None LOH: 3/3 Active conditions: Enlarge 6 rounds.

Turning toward Elemenar, ”Thanks man, total lifesaver!”
edited because Malora is faster than me!

He turns back to the Leshies.

”We are supposed to explore these ruins, looking for information about or relics from the ancient owners. Could you help us find things so that we don’t accidentally damage your gourds or garden?”

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling Slayer (Sniper) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 T:13 FF:14 | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:2 R:5 W:0 | Init: 5 | Speed 20ft. | Adaptable Luck: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 7 | Bluff: 3 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering | Geography | Local): 6 | Perception: 6 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 11 | Survival: 4

"Joining the Pathfinder is proving ever useful. How interesting to have the ability to speak to these creatures. Yes, hopefully they can give us some information of what is down there." Vexin says enjoying the wild situation.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray

Elemenar nods at Malora. "Learning new languages, it is nothing. Or rather, it is a pastime of mine." Elemenar translates her questions, and Ischell's, and waits for a response from the Leshies.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

The one talking points to Malora with one of its leaf/hand digits.

מי זאת? למה היא מתנהגת כמו שהיא עושה? האם יש לה בעיות נפשיות?

Sylvan:

Who is she? Why does she act the way she does? Does she have some mental issues?

I won't respond to a "I'm translating what you want to know". You actually have to translate...

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Malora chuckles at the leshies insults. "Cheeky little things, aren't they?" she asks Elemenar. "Still, relationships begin slowly."

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 2 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 (16*) T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Dipl +6 | Speed 30/20ft | ER Fire 3, Acid 3 | Spells: None LOH: 3/3 Active conditions: Enlarge 6 rounds.
GM Emmjay wrote:

The one talking points to Malora with one of its leaf/hand digits.

מי זאת? למה היא מתנהגת כמו שהיא עושה? האם יש לה בעיות נפשיות?

** spoiler omitted **

I won't respond to a "I'm translating what you want to know". You actually have to translate...

If I am being honest, I am not really sure what you want/need next. I am happy to rp more of the interaction if that is your desire- but it does cause the rest of the party to sit around and not participate for a stretch of time

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Ischell wrote:
GM Emmjay wrote:

The one talking points to Malora with one of its leaf/hand digits.

מי זאת? למה היא מתנהגת כמו שהיא עושה? האם יש לה בעיות נפשיות?

** spoiler omitted **

I won't respond to a "I'm translating what you want to know". You actually have to translate...

If I am being honest, I am not really sure what you want/need next. I am happy to rp more of the interaction if that is your desire- but it does cause the rest of the party to sit around and not participate for a stretch of time

What I want is some actual conversation and role playing. Don't just say you are translating, actually translate. This forces the player to roleplay their character, as they won't quote exactly, they will put their spin on things.

As for some sitting out, well, that is also part of PbP and the game. Much like non-fighters are all but worthless in a fight, there is a time and place for the social aspects of this game, and scenario. And, if you honestly expect to have something to do each and every day with every scenario you PbP, well, sorry, won't happen.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

Doran stands by and watches the duscourse between his colleagues and the leshys.

I must remember to learn some foreign languages. I did not get a chance to before. Fascinating....

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

Mindartis listens attentively to the leshys and relays their message to Malora. "The leshys seem to be curious about you and your actions, lawmaster. And...er, I think they're concerned that you might have any mental issues."

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

Doran laughs after Mindartis relays the leshys' concerns over Malora's sanity.

That...is great! We should make sure we note this in our briefing after the mission. I'm sorry, Malora...but that is funny.... the burly warrior says as he wipes a tear off his cheek from laughing.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Yes, I can understand them quite well now, Mindartis. Thank you," she replies with a smile.

To Dorn she replies: "Of course it will! Everything will go into my report. The whole truth. No exceptions." She smiles then and adds, "Best not do anything too embarrassing." She winks, then turns her attention back to the leshies.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Okay then. We're waiting on Elemenar or Mindartis to translate this for me then (I can understand them but not speak back):

Lawmaster Malora wrote:

"Well done, Elemenar." Malora remarks with a wide smile, clearly enjoying interacting with these industrious little gardeners.

As they speak again she nods. "What is bad down there?" she asks, clearly expecting Elemenar to keep translating. "We will not harm your plants. They are yours. We will be careful, and treat them with respect."

"Help?" she wonders aloud. "Ask them what kind of help they have in mind, Elemenar. I do not want these fine farmers putting themselves in danger on our behalf."

And someone to translate this line from Ischell:

Ischell wrote:
”We are supposed to explore these ruins, looking for information about or relics from the ancient owners. Could you help us find things so that we don’t accidentally damage your gourds or garden?”

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling Slayer (Sniper) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 T:13 FF:14 | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:2 R:5 W:0 | Init: 5 | Speed 20ft. | Adaptable Luck: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 7 | Bluff: 3 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering | Geography | Local): 6 | Perception: 6 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 11 | Survival: 4

"I too plan on broadening my languages. However we might be hard pressed to learn these languages." says the halfling to Doran as he watches it take place.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

Mindartis turns his attention to the leshys once more.

Sylvan:
"We mean no harm to you nor your hard work. We are here to explore these ruins to seek information regarding it's previous owners. We would really appreciate it if you could give us a bit of information as to this place. What other creatures now reside here?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray

Elemenar listens to Malora and Ischell then is about to relay the questions back to the Leshies in Sylvan when Mindartis replies.

He smiles a little when they ask about Malora's actions.

Sylvan:

"No, she is fine. Her actions were an attempt to communicate with you. She didn't know that I spoke your language. With magic she can understand what you speak but she is unable to form the words to respond."

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

באנו קודם. רדפו אחרי דברים גדולים. זה מת. אנחנו לא הולכים למטה. רע שם. אנו נמנעים מכך. אתה עוזר לנו להסיר את הרע?

Sylvan:

We came before. Were chased by big thing. It died. We don't go below. Bad there. We avoid it. You help us remove the bad?

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 2 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 (16*) T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Dipl +6 | Speed 30/20ft | ER Fire 3, Acid 3 | Spells: None LOH: 3/3 Active conditions: Enlarge 6 rounds.

Thank you:
GM Emmjay wrote:


What I want is some actual conversation and role playing. Don't just say you are translating, actually translate. This forces the player to roleplay their character, as they won't quote exactly, they will put their spin on things.

As for some sitting out, well, that is also part of PbP and the game. Much like non-fighters are all but worthless in a fight, there is a time and place for the social aspects of this game, and scenario. And, if you honestly expect to have something to do each and every day with every scenario you PbP, well, sorry, won't happen.

Thank you for clarifying. I'll make sure to be more specific regarding translations, etc as we finish this out and move onto the next sessions.

A big grin shoots across Ischell's face as he hears the Leshies translation regarding Malora's sanity. Making eye contact, he laughs softly before winking at Malora and returning his attention to the situation at hand.

As the conversation unfolds, he recognizes that there is a lot going on between the two speakers and two translators- and takes a step back to allow more streamlined conversation between those involved.

He pulls Mindartis aside:
Thanks dude for translating for us. As long as they know we aren't here to hurt them or the garden, that is all I can ask.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Yes, of course we will." Malora replies, forgetting she can't speak Sylvan. "Lawful evictions are within my authority to carry out. You say you were here first, yes? Do you have evidence to back up this claim or--" Suddenly remembering they can't understand her she shakes her head at herself.

"Never mind." To Mindartis and Elemenar she says: "Please assure them we'll take care of the 'bad,' and ask what it looks like."

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray

Elemenar turns to the leshies to relay Malora's questions. He tries to present a pleasant demeanor but diplomacy isn't his strongest suit.

Sylvan:

"My companion here says to assure you that we will take care of what ever bad thing it is that you encountered. Could you tell us what it looks like?"

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

After being told of the "bad", Doran looks around for any tracks or trails that might have been left.

track: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

גדול, רע, מגעיל. אנחנו משאירים את זה לבד, עד כה היא הותירה שימוש לבד. אנחנו לא מחפשים את זה.

Sylvan:

Big, bad, nasty. We leave it alone, so far it has left use alone. We don't seek it out.

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 2 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 (16*) T 12 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4, Dipl +6 | Speed 30/20ft | ER Fire 3, Acid 3 | Spells: None LOH: 3/3 Active conditions: Enlarge 6 rounds.

"Hey little dudes! If we help you with the bad- will you help us search here for human made things?

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling Slayer (Sniper) | HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 T:13 FF:14 | CMB: 2, CMD: 15 | F:2 R:5 W:0 | Init: 5 | Speed 20ft. | Adaptable Luck: 2/3 | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics: 7 | Bluff: 3 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering | Geography | Local): 6 | Perception: 6 | Sense Motive: 4 | Stealth: 11 | Survival: 4

Vexin decides to shadow Doran as he attempts to look around as he cannot follow the conversation completely. He makes sure his weapons are sheathed and stowed as to not scare the leshies.

"Anything of importance Doran? Hopefully the only nasty thing is still below us." he quietly asks.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

Nothing that I can find....it might have been a while since it was up here....tracks fade over time...quicker when walked over.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray

"Ischell, I think they're a bit scared of the bad thing. They said that if they leave it alone, it leaves them alone. But they did ask if we could remove the bad. I should also ask them about human things."

"Doran and Vexin, they said it went down below somewhere so I'm not sure we'll see any signs of the monster up here. But it's always worth a look I guess."

Elemenar turns to the leshies to continue his conversation with them.

Sylvan:

[b]"We would like to remove the threat of the big, bad, nasty creature that you are referring to. If we remove it entirely then you won't have anything to fear. We are also here trying to find clues about the humans who used to own this place. Have you seen any traces of humans while you've been here?"/[b]

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

Elemenar, the one you were talking to goes over and gives you a dark haired doll wearing a tiara, a silver locket with a portrait of Arenzo Davian, a Pearl of Power, and a Spellbook with several spells inside.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 14/14 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray

Elemenar looks shocked for a moment at all of the items that the leshies give him.

Sylvan:

"What are these? Why are you giving them to me?"

He guesses that they are from when the Davian's held this house but he wants to hear more from the leshies.

201 to 250 of 618 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Start All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.