Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 01-46 Seeker arc - Eyes of the Ten Part 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

MAPS!
Buff spreadhsheet

Chronicles


501 to 550 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (65 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +21 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +10 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 27 | Darkvision 60' | 5 Burn

This is going to hurt... Time to fly forward!

"Thanks for that Kalendir! Off to help take care of this issue! I'm on my way Tortuga!"

Flying over the pit, Morrin stops just out of range of the large man on the bridge and fires a pebble at the armored foe.

Telekinetic Blast + Point Blank Shot + Haste: 1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 1 + 1 = 33
Point Blank Damage: 6d6 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 2, 5, 3) + 18 + 1 = 38

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Morrin sends a blast of material at the armored man on the bridge.

The two archers turn their ire on Morrin, sending a flurry of arrows at the man, but he manages to avoid them all... but the very narrowest of margins.

Given the burning raven in the middle of the room, I'm going to assume there is enough light for everyone to see everyone else now.

Status, (vision) Bold may post (haste)
Alie @ 40/107 HP - (true seeing) on fire
Tortuga 89/124 - (Darkvision) ;

Baddies group T
Warrior on bridge 38 damage
Baddies group G
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 50/108 HP)
Wynn- 16/74 HP - Gravity bow
Bugbear Blue - 63 damage, prone
Kalendir @ 71/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn) (goggles of the night)
Baddies group S

rolls:

attacks: 4d20 ⇒ (5, 13, 14, 5) = 37
attacks: 2d20 ⇒ (3, 10) = 13

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 52/116 (+ 0 temp HP) | AC (24)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +(16)14, Ref: +(15)13, Will (+14)+12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Can we walk right back out of the door, or would a Dim Door be required to get a group of us out of the way?

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

You can head down the tunnel again, but you will pass through the wall of fire. The door is a few minutes walk down the tunnel.

The large raven would be unable to fit down the tunnel. The humans would be fine. Of course they are all on the other side of the bridge at the moment.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 52/116 (+ 0 temp HP) | AC (24)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +(16)14, Ref: +(15)13, Will (+14)+12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"We need to regroup and prepare," the sorceress calls out as she uses her magic to teleport back outside this room of death.

Dim Door out of here. I'll try to get to the door, which I assume is out of the ring of Fire. If I can't put myself out, maybe one of you could do that for me when you come upon my body, lol.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf U.Monk 13 HP 86/134|AC 43 (39), T 31 (27), FF 34 (+4 v giants)|F:+16,R:+16 (imp eva),W:+13 (+2 poison, spell, sla, ench.)|CMD 44 FCMD: 40 (+4 v giants, +2 v grapple, +4 v bull rush +6 v trip)|Sp 60'|Perc. +21 (+23 stone)|Init. +9
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 12/15, Punishing Kick 10/13, Ki 8/11, Stored Spells ()

Get out of here. If I don't make it out just let the lodge know what happened!

Swift Action: Spending a point of ki for an extra attack. (stacks with haste)

Ki Attack (Leg Sweep):
On a hit, I get to make a free trip attempt.
attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 17 + 1 = 19
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 = 10 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 4
trip attempt: 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 24 + 1 = 34

If not tripped after the ki attack, will keep making trip attempts with the haste and other primary attacks until I succeed or run out of primary attacks. (Hopefully I can't fail enough to be knocked prone myself.)

Additional Trip attempts (if needed):
trip attempt (Haste): 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 24 + 1 = 43
trip attempt (Primary 1): 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 24 + 1 = 34
trip attempt (Primary 2): 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 24 + 1 = 38
trip attempt (Primary 3): 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 24 + 1 = 44[/ooc]

Once a trip attempt succeeds, use Vicious Stomp with Stunning Fist (DC 22) or be stunned for 1 round, dropping his weapon. For consistency I will not be adding any bonus for prone as I'm not sure if or when this guy would be prone, even though it will always apply to the stomp.

Vicious Stomp:

attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 1 = 28
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 2) + 5 = 14 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 1

If stunned, then I make 2 free attacks. (All further attacks would get +2 to hit and he'd lose his Dex bonus.)

Medusa 1:

attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 1 = 21
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Medusa 2:

attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 1 = 36
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 = 10 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 1

If I succeeded with a trip attempt, then pick up the rest of the attacks from what I have left.

Haste Attack:

attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 1 = 21
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 7) + 5 = 13 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Primary Attack 1:

attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 1 = 27
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 8) + 5 = 18 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Primary Attack 2:

attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 1 = 36
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Primary Attack 3:

attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 1 = 26
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 8) + 5 = 19 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Iterative attacks here

Secondary Attack:

attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 18
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Tertiary Attack:

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 2

If he is not stunned, I will take a 5 foot step back at the end of the attacks.

If attacked again, I will spend a point of ki as an immediate action to get a +4 dodge bonus to AC until the end of my next turn.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Alie gets out of the circle, still burning.

Meanwhile, Tortuga goes to town on the man who dared strike him with his sword. His first strike (ki)is quick, but poorly timed and strikes nothing but air. The second attack (haste)is no better, and the swordsman sneers at the monk. Tortuga's third (primary)attach ricochets off the mans thick armour. Finally, wearing down the swordsman, his forth (p2) attack lands a hefty blow, knocking the man to the ground. Tortuga follows up with a viscous stomp, only succeeded because the man is on the ground. This warrior is no pushover and the monk fails to stun him. A fifth attack (p3) goes in, again, on the ground he is unable to defend himself properly. He finishes with a couple more weak blows.

The man on the ground responds with a flurry of blows of his own. One lucky one gets in smashing the monks stomach with the flat of his blade and really knocking the wind out of the monk.
Tortuga is staggered (Fort DC 25 for this to be just a single round) and Exhausted.

"Ye can give it, but yer cannie take it!" sneers the man from the ground.

A writhing field of black tentacles then appears around much of the group. They grab hold of Wynn, the bugbear and Romulus, but Fletch somehoe manages to avoid them.

A familier figure on the other side, the man who escaped with the magical longsword, spends precious seconds laughing at your predicament rather than using still further magical against you.

The giant Raven reaches out an almost gentle talon and touches the man lying on the bridge, removing much of his wounds.

Status, (vision) Bold may post (haste)
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 41/108 HP) grappled
Wynn- 8/74 HP - Gravity bow grappled

Bugbear Blue - 70 damage, prone, grappled
Kalendir @ 71/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn) (goggles of the night)
Baddies group S
Alie @ 23/107 HP - (true seeing) on fire
Tortuga 52/124 - (Darkvision) ; Exhausted, Staggered
Baddies group T
Warrior on bridge 62 damage
Baddies group G

Morrin, you are in the threat range of the Raven, just so you are ware, it has a very long reach
@Wynn, I have your CMD as 32, which was only just grappled, if you have any temporary bonuses to it, then the grapple won't hit and you'll also get some hp back.

rolls:

fire damage to Alie: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 5) = 17
fort: 1d20 ⇒ 13
strikes: 3d20 ⇒ (5, 17, 14) = 36
crit: 1d20 ⇒ 20
damage: 2d8 + 22 ⇒ (3, 7) + 22 = 32
grapple checks F,W,B,R: 4d20 ⇒ (2, 14, 12, 16) = 44
damage W: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage B: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
damage R: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
4d8 + 18 ⇒ (1, 5, 7, 3) + 18 = 34

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Hold off posting, retcon in progress

Liberty's Edge

HP 83/93| AC 28, T 19, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +17*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10 |conditions:Hasted, Gravity Bow

If 1 point makes it. The +1 from haste is not added. Making it 33 Fingers crossed.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Tortuga trips the man and stomps on him a bit. But he keeps fighting. The monk then steps back, giving the man time to stand.

He does so and closes on the formidable Tortuga, but fails to injure him. The red raven lashes out at the 'cowardly' monk with talon and claw, severely wounding him.

And as before, the tentacles appear, and the elf just laughs at you. Wynn however is able to avoid the tentacles through his speed.
Just. Those archers who threaten the bugbear when his turn is up can roll an AOO as he stands.

Status, (vision) Bold may post (haste)
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 41/108 HP) ; Grappled (if next to Bugbear at end of turn, will also get an AOO on it)
Wynn- 16/74 HP - Gravity bow ;
Bugbear Blue - 70 damage, prone; Grappled (will break the grapple and then stand)
Kalendir @ 69/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn) (goggles of the night)

Baddies group S
Alie @ 23/107 HP - (true seeing) on fire
Tortuga 33/124 - (Darkvision) ;
Baddies group T
Warrior on bridge 127 damage
Baddies group G

rolls:

raven attacks Tort: 3d20 ⇒ (12, 12, 18) = 42
damage: 4d6 + 2d8 + 24 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 5) + (3, 1) + 24 = 47
bugbear breaks grapple?: 1d20 ⇒ 20
kal fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge

HP 83/93| AC 28, T 19, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +17*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10 |conditions:Hasted, Gravity Bow

no AOO from Wynn, just out side of range.

Wynn five foots out of the black mass of tentacles.

Wynn being familiar with this spell decides to return the favor and unleashes a one of his own through an arrow. Focusing on the miniature shovel attached to his bow, he whispers in elven to it. It begins to glow. He draws the back the string and lets its fly. The arrow lands right beside the females feet. imbuing arrow with create pit[/dice]

spell failure, 15%, lo miss: 1d100 ⇒ 41
[ooc]DC 17 reflex or take a 20 ft plunge. Pit is active for 5 rounds

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

and another correction, the tentacles flail around but didn't grapple anyone in the first round.

Wynn summons a bit below the woman, but she easily steps aside and avoids falling in.

Status, (vision) Bold may post (haste)
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 50/108 HP) ;(if next to Bugbear at end of turn, will also get an AOO on it)

Wynn- 16/74 HP - Gravity bow ; Has acted.
Bugbear Blue - 63 damage, prone;
Kalendir @ 69/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn) (goggles of the night)
Baddies group S
Alie @ 23/107 HP - (true seeing) on fire
Tortuga 33/124 - (Darkvision) ;
Baddies group T
Warrior on bridge 127 damage
Baddies group G

saves:

ref DC17: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 12 / Cavalier (Emissary) 1 - HP 96/108,- AC 25/T: 14/FF: 22 - Perception +18 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +17 - CMD: 32, Speed: 30, Init. +4

"Romulus!" shouts Fletch. "Get out of there!" Fletch raised the wolf from a cub. Now at the end, losing Romulus mattered more to him than dying. But he can see that running will only prolong the slaughter.

Romulus bites the bugbear, then flees to the south.

Romulus Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 171d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Fletch, tired of being forced to move, stands his ground and lays down a field of fire, shooting Wynn's target.

+3 adaptive composite longbow w/ Rapid Shot, Many Shot, Deadly Aim, Point Blank Shot and boots of speed: 1d20 + 19 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 19 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 312d8 + 14 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 14 + 16 + 2 + 2 = 38 <– First two arrows
Third (hasted) shot: 1d20 + 19 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 19 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 181d8 + 7 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 8 + 1 + 1 = 19
Fourth shot: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 201d8 + 7 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 8 + 1 + 1 = 23
Fifth shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 211d8 + 7 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 8 + 1 + 1 = 24

If AC<19, then 104 damage.
If 18<AC<21, then 85 damage.
If AC=21, then 62 damage.
If 21<AC<32, then 38 damage.

Those are adamantine durable arrow, by the way.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The bugbear falls unconscious once again.

The woman falls to the ground, wishing she had indeed landed in the pit instead of the pincushion.

Status, (vision) Bold may post (haste)
Kalendir @ 69/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn) (goggles of the night)

Baddies group S
Alie @ 23/107 HP - (true seeing) on fire
Tortuga 33/124 - (Darkvision) ;
Baddies group T
Warrior on bridge 127 damage
Baddies group G
Woman - 104 damage;
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 50/108 HP) ;(if next to Bugbear at end of turn, will also get an AOO on it)
Wynn- 16/74 HP - Gravity bow ; Has acted.
Bugbear Blue - 81 damage, dying

rolls:

stabilise: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 12 / Cavalier (Emissary) 1 - HP 96/108,- AC 25/T: 14/FF: 22 - Perception +18 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +17 - CMD: 32, Speed: 30, Init. +4

Oops. I included Point Blank Shot in those calculations. If it matters, each AC was 1 less and each arrow did 1 less hp.

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (65 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +21 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +10 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 27 | Darkvision 60' | 5 Burn

Morrin looks between the fire bird and the fighter before flying back a step and taking control of the ethereal tendrils around him. Hands moving in a flurry of gestures, invisible strands of force move to surround the inflamed beast before they wrap tightly.

"I don't think I can hold on for long! Make this quick!"

Fly: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Cast Defensively: DC 23: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 4 = 26
Spell Resistance: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Telekinetic Maneuvers: Grapple (Burning Raven Thingy): 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 4 = 35

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 5/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Growing weary Kalendir glares through his mask and smites the man in the far back of the cavern. With a flurry of movement Kalendir's body burns even further as he unleashes several arrows at the orange man. Targeting orange

CI Durable Arrow 1 Many Shot; PBS; Rapid Shot; Deadly Aim; smite: 1d20 + 18 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 5 = 31
Damage 2 arrows: 2d8 + 8 + 2 + 16 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 + 2 + 16 + 10 = 41
Holy Damage (If Evil): 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 3) = 17

CI Durable Arrow 2; PBS; Rapid Shot; Deadly Aim; smite: 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 5 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 8 + 10 = 28
Holy Damage (If Evil): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

CI Durable Arrow 3; PBS; Rapid Shot; Deadly Aim; smite: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 8 + 10 = 28
Holy Damage (If Evil): 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

CI Durable Rapid Fire Arrow; PBS; Rapid Shot; Deadly Aim; smite: 1d20 + 18 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 1 - 2 - 4 + 5 = 36
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 8 + 10 = 29
Holy Damage (If Evil): 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

Precise shot to eliminate -4 modifier for shooting into melee;
Shared Precision- All allies in 10 feet get precise shot
Holy- +2d6 damage if creature is evil

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The big bird looks contemptuously at the attempt to grapple it, which is woefully ineffective against the massive bird.

While several of Kalendir's arrows miss the elf, the two that hit do more than enough damage to drop the mad mad.

The two archers, seeing their magical leaders drop, flee.

The giant raven's form starts to flicker.

Status, (vision) Bold may post (haste)
Alie @ 23/107 HP - (true seeing) on fire
Tortuga 33/124 - (Darkvision) ;

Baddies group T
Warrior on bridge 127 damage
Baddies group G
Woman - 100 damage; unconscious
elf - 57 damage; unconscious
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 50/108 HP) ;(if next to Bugbear at end of turn, will also get an AOO on it)
Wynn- 16/74 HP - Gravity bow ; Has acted.
Bugbear Blue - 81 damage, dying
Kalendir @ 69/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn) (goggles of the night)

[spoiler=rolls]
displacement, miss on a one: 3d2 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) = 5

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Caught somehow off guard, the Raven finds itself enganged with ectoplasmic forces.

Status, (vision) Bold may post (haste)
Alie @ 23/107 HP - (true seeing) on fire
Tortuga 68/124 - (Darkvision) ;

Baddies group T
Warrior on bridge 127 damage
Baddies group G
Woman - 100 damage; unconscious
elf - 57 damage; unconscious
Raven - grappled
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 50/108 HP) ;(if next to Bugbear at end of turn, will also get an AOO on it)
Wynn- 16/74 HP - Gravity bow ; Has acted.
Bugbear Blue - 81 damage, dying
Kalendir @ 69/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn) (goggles of the night)

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf U.Monk 13 HP 86/134|AC 43 (39), T 31 (27), FF 34 (+4 v giants)|F:+16,R:+16 (imp eva),W:+13 (+2 poison, spell, sla, ench.)|CMD 44 FCMD: 40 (+4 v giants, +2 v grapple, +4 v bull rush +6 v trip)|Sp 60'|Perc. +21 (+23 stone)|Init. +9
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 12/15, Punishing Kick 10/13, Ki 8/11, Stored Spells ()

The best thing Tortuga thought he could do is take down the warrior and then try to get out of there as fast as he can.

Will stop attacking and 5 foot back after the warrior is unconscious or I've run out of attacks. Again attacks will not include prone bonus.

Haste Attack:
trip attempt: 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 24 + 1 = 28

Vicious Stomp (once prone):

Will use with stunning fist with this attack DC 22 Fort or stunned 1 plus 2 free attacks
attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 1 = 34
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 8) + 5 = 16 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 2

If Stunned:
(+2 and no dex for further attacks if stunned)
attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 1 = 32
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 7) + 5 = 17 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 1

attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 1 = 24
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6) + 5 = 13 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Primary 1:

If prone attack, otherwise keep trying to trip
attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 1 = 20
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 7) + 5 = 14 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 2

-or-

trip attempt: 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 24 + 1 = 38

Primary 2:

If prone attack, otherwise keep trying to trip
attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 1 = 26
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 3) + 5 = 15 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 3

-or-

trip attempt: 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 24 + 1 = 38

Primary 3:

If prone attack, otherwise keep trying to trip
attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 1 = 20
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 1

-or-

trip attempt: 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 24 + 1 = 28

Secondary:

If prone attack, otherwise keep trying to trip
attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 = 27
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Tertiary:

If prone attack, otherwise keep trying to trip
attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9 bludgeoning, cold iron, lawful, silver, magic
vicious energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
damage to self: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Will spend ki for Furious Defense if attacked by the bird or warrior.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Torguga knocks the man to the ground and stomps on him a couple of times until he stops moving. He then steps back.

The raven changes shape becoming a vast burning bird as it breaks from its' ethereal opponent.

"Stop" it commands in a loud voice.

Status, (vision) Bold may post (haste)
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 50/108 HP) ;(if next to Bugbear at end of turn, will also get an AOO on it)
Wynn- 16/74 HP - Gravity bow ; Has acted.
Bugbear Blue - 81 damage, dying
Kalendir @ 66/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn) (goggles of the night)
Alie @ 23/107 HP - (true seeing)
Tortuga 63/124 - (Darkvision) ; acted

Baddies group T
Warrior on bridge 170 damage ;
Baddies group G
Woman - 100 damage; unconscious
elf - 58 damage; dying
Raven? -

rolls:

fort: 1d20 ⇒ 10
stab T: 1d20 ⇒ 20
grapple: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Kale burn: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
elf stab: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 52/116 (+ 0 temp HP) | AC (24)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +(16)14, Ref: +(15)13, Will (+14)+12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie tries her best to put the flames out, not knowing what horrible fate is awaiting her friends.

Reflex with Haste 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 = 32

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Ninja'ed you. Alie can act again

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 52/116 (+ 0 temp HP) | AC (24)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +(16)14, Ref: +(15)13, Will (+14)+12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie casts False Lifee, and begins making her way back to the entryway, determined to not leave her friends if there is a chance she could help them.

Temporary HP 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 5/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Kalendir lowers his bow as he steps out of the wall of fire. "Call off your attack and we will ours!"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Kale is further burned as he leaves the ring of fire.

Status, (vision) Bold may post (haste)
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 50/108 HP) ;(if next to Bugbear at end of turn, will also get an AOO on it)

Wynn- 16/74 HP - Gravity bow ; [/b]
Bugbear Blue - 81 damage, dying
Kalendir @ 43/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn) (goggles of the night)
Alie @ 23+18(temp)/107 HP - (true seeing)
Tortuga 63/124 - (Darkvision) ;
Baddies group T
Warrior on bridge 170 damage ;
Baddies group G
Woman - 100 damage; unconscious
elf - 58 damage; dying
Raven? -

actions:

fire!: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (4, 1) + 18 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (65 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +21 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +10 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 27 | Darkvision 60' | 5 Burn

Raising his hands, Morrin looks towards the bird. "I shall stop if you bring down that wall of fire back there, and refrain from attacking any further. May I ask as to who, and what you are?"

Fly (Hover): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

Delay action for now.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

I'm going to give Fletch and Tort a chance to talk or take an action and have the burning bird reply on his turn.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf U.Monk 13 HP 86/134|AC 43 (39), T 31 (27), FF 34 (+4 v giants)|F:+16,R:+16 (imp eva),W:+13 (+2 poison, spell, sla, ench.)|CMD 44 FCMD: 40 (+4 v giants, +2 v grapple, +4 v bull rush +6 v trip)|Sp 60'|Perc. +21 (+23 stone)|Init. +9
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 12/15, Punishing Kick 10/13, Ki 8/11, Stored Spells ()

[b}We've come seeking the one who assassinated one of our agents. We followed his trail here. I don't think it was one of the ones guarding this pass, but perhaps you know where he went?[/b]

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 12 / Cavalier (Emissary) 1 - HP 96/108,- AC 25/T: 14/FF: 22 - Perception +18 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +17 - CMD: 32, Speed: 30, Init. +4

Fletch aims two arrows at the bird, but holds his fire, waiting to see the results of his companions' discussion. If a fight begins, he'll fire at the great bird.

"Romulus, to me," he says.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"The flames will die out of their own accord in a few minutes." says the creature. "And rest assured I will not destroy you while they block your retreat."
It reaches forward a fiery wing and taps the severely inured swordsman, who stabilizes.

"Tell me more of this assassin who you tracked here."

It looks around the cavern. "It may be we can aid one another."

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (65 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +21 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +10 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 27 | Darkvision 60' | 5 Burn

"This Red Raven fellow had assassinated one of our Venture Captains, and we would like some sort of explanation as to why. Something doesn't seem right, but we don't have the full story, and hopefully he can help us make an informed decision. How may we help you?"

Morrin holds his hands up while talking, sometimes gesturing towards the group as well as the bird creature.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"The Red Raven is no simple assassin." roars the bird.

"He strikes with a true heart and noble intent. Whoever he killed must have deserved his fate."

The bird settles on the bridge.

"Who did the red raven slay?" it asks, while trying to get a feeling for the group.

"The woman who you attacked with your arrows yet lives..."

He flaps over to the fallen woman and reaches to to stabilize her as well.

Liberty's Edge

HP 83/93| AC 28, T 19, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +17*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10 |conditions:Hasted, Gravity Bow

Sensing that the fight is indeed over, for now. Wynn pulls out his wand and runs it over his burns.

using wand of infrernal healing to heal. 5 charges over the next 5 minutes healing 50 points.

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 5/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Kalendir does likewise and pulls his own wand out, healing his injuries.

Wand of CLW: 11d8 + 11 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 5, 2, 4, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4) + 11 = 47

"The red-raven slayed a Venture Captain named Adril Hestram. Do you know of him?" Kalendir continues to watch the burning bird closely as it only seems to stabilize it's comrades rather than rejuvenating them to continue the fight. "Do you know why he would want to assassinate Adril?"

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 52/116 (+ 0 temp HP) | AC (24)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +(16)14, Ref: +(15)13, Will (+14)+12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Im still here, slowly making my way back to the current scene!

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The flames burn out as Wynnreyell's wounds slowly heal.

"I know the Red Raven is a man with a noble heart, and if he killed this Adril Hestram, he was wicked man."

The burning bird looks at the group, as if trying to judge their character. Eventually it sighs and says.

"Upon the woman over there, there is a ring. I am bound to this chamber, but the wearer of the ring may command me. I would be free of the ring. I ask that you remove it from her and freely pass it to me so that I may remove it from this world."

Happy to have had five minutes pass, the wall of flame is gone, infernal healing has taken place and Alie is back with the rest of you.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 52/116 (+ 0 temp HP) | AC (24)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +(16)14, Ref: +(15)13, Will (+14)+12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie pulls her wand of curing as she marvels at the group actually talking to the large fire bird. Once Kal had a moment, she asked him to heal her. She supposed it was okay, but still kept out a wary eye.

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

HP 83/93| AC 28, T 19, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +17*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10 |conditions:Hasted, Gravity Bow

No volcano we have to drop it into?

Do you know where he has gone? Can you help us locate him? Wynn goes over and pulls the ring off the female. Tumbling it through his fingers as he goes.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"I cannot leave this chamber." says the huge bird with bitter words.

"The Raven went through here some hours ago. Back up to the keep above I imagine. You may be better off asking one of his allies here."

He gestures to the unconscious forms. "I would appreciate the ring."

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 5/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Kalendir calls out to Wynn. "The burning bird has been more than helpful. Give it the ring if it wishes it."

Liberty's Edge

HP 83/93| AC 28, T 19, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +17*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10 |conditions:Hasted, Gravity Bow

Wynn walks over to the bird and hands the ring over to the burning bird.

Fine he sneers at kalendir.

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 5/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

"Damned thing could kill us all if it wanted to." Kalendir whispers back to the archer.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"Of course I could. But why would I?" says the bird, who apparently also has supernaturally good hearing.

"That is another reason for wanting the ring. To be compelled to act in such a manner is...." is searches for a word, and settles on "Distasteful."

When passed the ring the giant bird tosses it into the air and swallows it.

"You have my thanks. You seem people of noble heart. So is the Raven. That you are on opposite sides likely means one or both of you is constrained or acting on poor information."

With that it stretches its wings and flaps into the air, enjoying a limited flight around the (for it) cramped cavern.

Status,
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 50/108 HP) ;
Wynn- 66/74 HP -
Kalendir @ 88/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn)
Alie @ 105+18(temp)/107 HP - (true seeing)
Tortuga 63/124 -

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf U.Monk 13 HP 86/134|AC 43 (39), T 31 (27), FF 34 (+4 v giants)|F:+16,R:+16 (imp eva),W:+13 (+2 poison, spell, sla, ench.)|CMD 44 FCMD: 40 (+4 v giants, +2 v grapple, +4 v bull rush +6 v trip)|Sp 60'|Perc. +21 (+23 stone)|Init. +9
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 12/15, Punishing Kick 10/13, Ki 8/11, Stored Spells ()

Looks like my post from a while ago might have been swallowed by downtime, but Tortuga was planning to have his wand of infernal healing used on him 6 times to heal up to almost full.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Plenty of time to have that happen.

Status,
Fletch @ 40/100
(Romulus @ 50/108 HP) ;
Wynn- 66/74 HP -
Kalendir @ 88/88
Morrin (1 Strength Damage) @ 134/157 HP (60 Non-lethal burn)
Alie @ 105+18(temp)/107 HP - (true seeing)
Tortuga 123/124 -

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 52/116 (+ 0 temp HP) | AC (24)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +(16)14, Ref: +(15)13, Will (+14)+12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"I'm so glad you all are okay. I'm sorry I had to run, but I'd have never made it through another round of that awful blaze," Alie adds, blushing st her retreat. "Are we ready to soldier on? And that did that fire bird mena that the assassin was of noble heart? Can that be true?"

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (65 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +21 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +10 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 27 | Darkvision 60' | 5 Burn

"It didn't attack us after we had stopped attacking when he asked us, so I believe so. I'm suspecting that someone, quite possibly us, may not have all the information that made this assassin act. I hope nothing irreversible is about to happen."

Floating towards the flat ground, the innkeeper lands while watching forward, readying to protect the others crossing the land bridge.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Romulus and Fletch are still badly wounded. Let me know when you want to progress on - the bird clearly pointed out the way to go.

501 to 550 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bold Strider's Eyes of the Ten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.