Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 01-46 Seeker arc - Eyes of the Ten Part 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

MAPS!
Buff spreadhsheet

Chronicles


1 to 50 of 617 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

In the lobby of the Flaxseed Lodge in the heart of Cassomir, Venture-Captain Karu of the Bold Striders stands during a dinner service. The imposing figure rises and only a few seconds pass before the entire hall is silent.

"I have an announcement of the highest importance!" he bellows. His naturally strong voice echoes around the room. "Five of our own have been requested by Osprey to join his team of Seekers."

The dining hall erupts in a cheer as Karu's face broadens into a large smile. "As their inaugural mission is a secret, I cannot share details, but they are completing a valuable task for the Society!"

"The five chosen are Kalendir, the mighty elf who braved the Silken Caravan and rescued a valuable artifact in Tian Xia."

The crowd cheers for the masked elf as Karu reads off the next name.

"Second, Alie Saechel, who nearly died in the alien ship populated with Xill in Absalom's harbor but has since proven herself to be invaluable to the cause!" ;-)

"Third, Morrin the Stout, a relative newcomer, but he has risen quickly through the ranks with his adept use of his lightning blade from the shadows."

"Fourth, Lavode De'Morcaine has been selected to provide this group with some of the strongest arcane support that the Society can provide. His innate grasp of magicks has no rival amongst those who have not reached the Seeker level."

"And finally, Wynnreyell Moonsilver, whom I do not know, but I'm sure is quite competent!" Sorry, you don't have any campaigns for the character on PbP so I couldn't come up with anything!

As Karu finishes, the dining hall erupts into even louder cheering, whooping and whistling as a Seeker announcement is not a common occurrence.

"On that note, you five see me in the morning and Ace's bar is open all night, free of charge!" Karu proclaims loudly, knowing how to win over Pathfinders who somehow become louder and more boisterous after finding out about this latest development.

Though, it is to be noted that Ace, who had been tending the bar only a moment prior, seems to have vanished and a sign seems to have appeared in his place, reading 'Self-Serve'.

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 6/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Kalendir spins around as Karu vanishes. His longbow shifts around on his back as he turns left and right looking for the vanished Ace.

"Where did he go?"

He looks to the rest of his companions. From his appearance it is difficult to tell his age as his brown hair flows across his face from behind an elaborate mask that he constantly wears. The mask is stark white with a dark spiral swirl that forms into a single eyelet.

"Something big must have happened if they called us in for a mission. It has been several years since the Decimviriate has called on me."

Dark Archive

Rock Star 15 HP: 141/141 | AC 32 | T 11 | FF 31 | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +17 (+14) | CMD 22 | Init. +16 | Perc. +18 | Bluff +35 (+5) | Dip/Sense +35 | Intimidate +31 | Spellcraft +20 | UMD +18
Resources:
Bardic Performance 44/44 | Bard - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 7/7; 3rd: 7/7; 4th: 6/6; 5th: 5/5 | CLW: 14 charges
Current Buffs:
Tattoos: Invisibility (x2) [Ring]; Fly [Chest]; Primal Scream [Shoulders]; Water Walk [Feet] | Haagenti’s Blessing | Overland Flight

The gold-plated guitarist on the Flesh Puppets reclines in his room, letting his heavy body rest of a plush, pillowy feinting couch. The fiery red eyes of the cursed aasimar only add to his air of mystery and the pair of beautiful women attending to him are completely infatuated, despite his tendencies to erupt in malice recently.

"Bring me a flagon of Mordant Spire wine!" he commands to the one dressed in a flowing white dress. "Now!"

Glad I don't have to deal with that garbage downstairs! he thinks happily. Though heads will roll if someone breaks into the good stuff locked under the bar.

"I hope those newbies can get the Luck Blade to Eliza before she Sendings me something shrill and tiresome." he mutters aloud, not caring who hears.

Ace is cursed by the demon lord Haagenti and his skin is covered in golden plates due to the curse. :D

Liberty's Edge

HP 93/93| AC 27, T 18, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +16*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10

That is fine, first time on PBP with this character

"I too have not been called on for some time...I agree something must of happened" He looks at the masked figure and extends his hand "Which one are you?

Wynn is a slender elf of average height. His silver hair is worn long and pulled back into a braid that stops at mid back. His bow is slung around his back. A quiver and spell book hangs from his hips. And a well used bag sits by his feet.

Liberty's Edge

1/2E Sorc, HP:68 of 74, AC:15, Touch:15, Flat Footed:14, with mage armor 12hrs F:+11, R:+10, W:+15, Init:+1, Perc:+18

.
Will have significant post shortly.

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (39 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +20 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +9 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 26 | 3 Burn

"So it seems that my stealthiness is somewhat known. Greetings everyone!"

The tall Taldan man bows deeply and grins. Dressed in travelling gear, befitting a worshipper of Desna, of vibrant colors and a mithral chain shirt. Goggles resting on his forehead, and a handkerchief of the purest black hangs from his vest pocket, the man seems more of an avid collector of various trinkets than an adventurer. At his belt, is a belt pouch and an ordinary dagger that looks like it has never been used. Hanging at his side though, is his handy haversack, modified to have a belt harness as well as chest straps.

"I've left a friend of mine to watch my Inn for the duration of the mission. The name's Morrin Heartwell, also known as The Stout."

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 6/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Gold plates sounds cool! Thanks for picking this up GM Boldstrider. :)

"And I am Kalendir" he holds out his hand to Wynn.

Looking around the full lodge he waits as he eats a large plate full of meat, which is a bit odd for an elf that looks like he belongs in the woods near the Kyonin Forest.

"I believe there should be another joining us here shortly."


The party goes well into the night and the quintet of newly minted Seekers arrive at the training grounds to find Karu standing next to a tengu man, dressed in a black gi.

"Please, Braugher, if you will." says Karu as he ushers you all to come closer.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 116/116 (+___ temp HP) | AC 18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +14, Ref: +13, Will +12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Im watching, even if I'm not supposed to actually post here yet.

Grand Lodge

Active Buffs:
False Life (1); Heroism (90 minutes); See Invisibility; Extended Mage Armor/Darkvision (18 hours)
Sage of Nethys 9 HP: 78/77 | AC 31* | T 27* | FF 23 | Fort +8 | Ref +13* | Will +14 | CMD 26* | Init. +6 | Perc. +15 | Acrobatics +10 | Prof.(Bodybuilding) +10 | Linguistics +8 | Stealth +12
Resources:
Stunning Fist: 3/3 | Spells-1st 4/8; 2nd 3/7; 3rd 3/6; 4th 1/4 | Infernal Healing: 50/50

The tengu nods and steps forward, sitting down on the sandy floor as he pulls out a scroll. Holding the rolled parchment between his feathery hands, he enters a meditative stance as he begins to chant softly. The scroll dissipates and the magic produced from the spell seems to form a 10' diameter sphere around the tengu that encompasses the group.

"It is ready, Master Karu." he says as he maintains his concentration on the spell.


@Alie: You can post here. This is roleplay fluff, not the actual start of the scenario. :D

Karu nods to his follower before turning to the group. "You have been recruited to serve two purposes. The first purpose..." he states as he pulls a sheathed blade from his back. "... is to present this blade to Venture-Captain Eliza Petulengro at the Woodsedge Lodge in Galt. This is the Pale Maiden, a fairly important blade in the history of the Society. It used to belong to Durvin Gest."

Kn. History DC 25:
A treasured heirloom of the Society, this finely honed whitesteel longsword bears nicks and scratches won over a career in the hands of Durvin Gest, the famous early Pathfinder who explored Lost Azlant, catalogued 31 siege castles outside the city of Absalom, and rounded the Horn of Garund some 350 years ago. Gest vanished under mysterious circumstances allegedly recounted in the Forbidden Fifth Edition of the Pathfinder Chronicles, and legend tells that he forgot this lucky sword before that disastrous event, sealing his fate.

Liberty's Edge

HP 93/93| AC 27, T 18, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +16*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10

"I am Wynnreyell. I see you too favor the bow. A pleasure to meet another who enjoys the art of it"

knowledge History: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

"Hmm, never heard of either. Who was Dervin Gest? And what sort of history does this blade have to hold such a name."

Silver Crusade

Active Buffs:
--
HP: 127/127 | AC 32 | T 16 | FF 27 | Fort +23 | Ref +16 | Will +23 (+2) | CMD 28 | Initiative +0 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +20 | Acrobatics +13 | Diplomacy +22 | Kn.(A/L/P) +8 | Knowledge(D/E/G/H/Na/No) +4 | Kn.(R) +13 | UMD +7
Resources:
Ki: 6/6 | Lay on Hands: 11/11 | Elemental Fist: 7/7 | Stunning Fist 10/10 | Smite Evil/Chaos: 2/2 | Spells: 5/5 | Wands: Longstrider: 40; CLW: 13 | BoS: 10/10

Wynn:
Based off that roll, you would get this knowledge.

"Durvin Gest is perhaps the most famous of all pathfinders and his exploits feature prominently in several of the earliest volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles. He is best known for his exploration of Old Azlant, the destruction of the treacherous Lens of Galundari, and his commandeering of The Silken Purse and piloting it around the southern tip of Garund. Even centuries after his final disappearance in 4360 AR, Gest remains one of the most legendary names in Golarion and statues of him grace many of the Pathfinder Society's facilities, including a 20-foot likeness in Absalom's Grand Lodge."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 6/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Kalendir reaches down and takes hold of the blade and flips it over in his hands.

"This brings about luck?" Kalendir asks with due skepticism as he hands the Pale Maiden back.

"Our fares are obviously more expensive for the simple task of returning a blade to Galt. Surely a group of new recruits could accomplish this without breaking the Decimvirate's Vaults. What is the hidden task?"

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 116/116 (+___ temp HP) | AC 18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +14, Ref: +13, Will +12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

The small gnome shoots the Venture Captain a side eyed glance at hearing his introduction of her. She still hadn't felt right since that awful xill incident. "I really would rather to just be referred to as Alie, or if we are talking about prior adventures, I quite liked when they nicknamed me the Stormtamer. It came from an incident on a boat," she grinned broadly.

She moved forward to meet the remainder of the group, none of which she'd had the pleasure of adventuring before. "So nice to meet all of you. I cast a bit of magic every once and again. I'm excited to get started."

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (39 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +20 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +9 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 26 | 3 Burn

Bowing towards Alie, Morrin grins slightly, "It's been a while since I have traveled with a gnome. Your kind are quite interesting to be around. Maybe on this journey to Galt, we can exchange stories. Ever been to the Ethereal Plane? Now, as for the Pale Maiden, mind if I take a look?" Even before he finishes, the sword and scabbard are enveloped by a multicolored ethereal aura before floating towards the man. Unsheathing the blade slightly and looking at it before sending the sword back to Karu. "Even with its supposed age, the blade looks quite well forged. Wouldn't most blades be rusted over and hard to draw from the scabbard? Guess I should get myself a dagger or something for my own legacy."

Liberty's Edge

HP 93/93| AC 27, T 18, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +16*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10

"Oh, Now i remember. Durvin Gest is known for his exploration of Old Azlant, the destruction of the treacherous Lens of Galundari, and his commandeering of The Silken Purse and piloting it around the southern tip of Garund. He has a 20-foot likeness in Absalom's Grand Lodge."

Wynn nods towards the Gnome as she enters the room and announces her self. "Well met little one. I have adventured with many of your kind. It is actually nice for a change for you to have a common name, unlike your brethren that have to many syllables to keep track of.

Wynn looks at the blade for a moment. "Not my style, but a elegant weapon I am sure."

Looking back towards Karu,"So deliver the blade, sounds simple enough." never ends well Wynn thinks to himself."What is the second part of this mission. Must be expecting some heavy resistance or some sort of trouble to send seekers."

Silver Crusade

Active Buffs:
--
HP: 127/127 | AC 32 | T 16 | FF 27 | Fort +23 | Ref +16 | Will +23 (+2) | CMD 28 | Initiative +0 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +20 | Acrobatics +13 | Diplomacy +22 | Kn.(A/L/P) +8 | Knowledge(D/E/G/H/Na/No) +4 | Kn.(R) +13 | UMD +7
Resources:
Ki: 6/6 | Lay on Hands: 11/11 | Elemental Fist: 7/7 | Stunning Fist 10/10 | Smite Evil/Chaos: 2/2 | Spells: 5/5 | Wands: Longstrider: 40; CLW: 13 | BoS: 10/10

"Ah, you failed to mention that Durvin Gest is possibly the most famous Pathfinder in all of history, hence why his blade is not given to fresh recruits." he says, fairly impressed by Wynn's knowledge.

Karu chuckles as you ask about the second mission. "Well, the second mission is a secret." he says as he refuses the blade's return, leaving it with Morrin. "Why do keep trying to give it back?" he asks as a reaction to both Morrin and Kalendir trying to give it to him.

"Take this blade to Eliza... I mean, Venture Captain Petulengro, and she will give you the details." Karu says with a knowing grin. "Make your preparations carefully and try to avoid any resistance fighters in Galt. I hear they have decided to make trouble again." he comments, though Galt's political instability is well-known around all of Golarion.

With that, he taps Braugher on the shoulder and the tengu easily stands from the lotus position. The pair leave you to your thoughts, cutting off any questions you may have as Venture-Captain Karu and his lieutenant Braugher remain in the Zone of Silence that surrounds the tengu.

The scenario recommends that you discuss tactics and group composition here. Please do it in character with little to no OOC chat! :D

Liberty's Edge

HP 93/93| AC 27, T 18, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +16*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10

"Well first things first." He holds up his hand, and extends a finger on each category."We should try and disguise this blade? I would assume magic would be best. But after all I am partial to magic. Next would be route and mode of travel. There must be a reason why we just can't teleport in or they would have just did it for us. As far as resistances, I think we can handle just about anything that comes towards us." He waves off the last thing with confidence.

He runs through possible solutions to his own list and offers them to the group. "Like I said, magic may be a better option. But I am not too well versed in illusion magic. Travelling, we can try to get in on a caravan or strike out on our own with horses. But the caravan can offer us a good cover story, especially with weapons and the need for them hiring guards, meaning us."

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 116/116 (+___ temp HP) | AC 18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +14, Ref: +13, Will +12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"I have abilities to cast invisibility pretty frequently. I could make whoever is holding it invisible, if we are being bothered."

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (39 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +20 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +9 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 26 | 3 Burn

"I do have a Pathfinder Pouch if we need to smuggle the blade in. Plus I can fly invisibly if need be, as I do that regularly. Also, if we need to sneak past someone or some things, I do have a portable hole as well."


Dot so more people chime in with their character and their preferred tactics in combat and in general for what you've seen.

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 6/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

"Do we have a way to disguise the blade?" Kalendir asks Wynn as he suggests it. "The invisibility sounds like it could work."

"Afraid I can offer little in the ways of smuggling and magic. This bow is all I have left from my family as they were razed by Demons near the Worldwound. Between this and the crusaders that brought me in I can tend to the wounded."

He holds out a well used bow, that looks ordinary to the sight but radiates with powerful magic within when the string is pulled.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 116/116 (+___ temp HP) | AC 18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +14, Ref: +13, Will +12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

"It sounds like Morrin has several interesting possibilities for disguising a blade. The pouch or the portable hole could hide it easily, I'd think. That would probably be better than simple invisibility, as that is so easily bypassed."


The group appears to be highly focused on disguising and protecting the blade, much to the pleasure of the onlookers that hide behind mystical protections.

"These five will do for now..." remarks a faceless voice in the ether. The few shadows nearest to it nod in agreement before they disappear back into the murky depths of the Astral Plane; the targets of their divination none the wiser.

---

I recommend checking the map for Woodsedge in Galt and Cassomir in Taldor. (Click This) I recommend this site.

The morning turns into early afternoon after your debates on the protective measures finally ends, though the half elf laden with scrolls and wands seems to have remained oddly silent.

You move from the Lodge's training grounds towards the city's center, trying to locate a caravan headed in the direction of the Woodsedge. The city center is packed due to the market being quite active at this time. The end of the harvest season leads Cassomir to be quite busy and people hustle all around you, eager to purchase food and trade goods before they are snapped up by traders looking to make deals across the sea.

Moving towards the edge of the market, you are able to locate a unique caravan master used by the Society in the region, who is, luckily, a well-ranked Pathfinder as well.

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

The fiery-haired Qadiran man, bedecked in the garb of a Trade Prince. You see him wordlessly point to various crates and pack mules as his men scatter to complete the task at hand, loading up certain objects into wagons and others onto sledges to be dragged to the harbor.

You draw his attention as he approaches, though it took one of his men to signal your arrival. He turns to you and smiles warmly. You feel a warmth inside your chest when he beams at you, as if the sun is shining directly onto your soul.

He bows eloquently with one hand cocked by his waist and the other flared out behind him as he nears perpendicular with the ground. He returns upright and looks at you expectantly. His men wait by his side as more return from completing their tasks, expecting new orders to arrive.

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 6/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Kalendir approaches the fiery haired Quadirian man, flashing him a wayfinder emblazoned with the glyph of the open road.

"You headed anywhere near Woodsedge friend?" Kalendor asks as he breathes in the fresh open air as he taps some of the crates.

"Looks like you might use a few more guards for the journey?" Though he looks to be a haughty elf he speaks more with the calm and friendly demeanor of a human.

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

The Qadiran man pulls out his own Wayfinder in response to Kalendir's reveal. The ornate gold filigree over the silver base exquisitely spells out a name 'Trade Prince Calistan', which the man highlights with a gloved finger.

At the mention of Woodsedge, Calistan snaps his fingers and a small boy appears behind him. The boy's face is marred by the touch of fire, with half of his face clearly burned at least a few years ago. The boy hurries up and rolls out a giant map as Calistan runs his hand through the boy's hair in a playful manner. They boy waits silently as do the rest of the men.

Sense Motive DC 20:
You get the sense that most of these men work without speaking very much. That or they merely are choosing not to speak in your presence.

The Trade Prince points to Cassomir on the map before making taps on the thick parchment at Bellis, Highhelm, Kerse, and, finally, Iadara in Kyonin. He pours over the map and finally points back at Bellis and Iadara before pointing at Woodsedge.

He looks at you expectantly as if waiting for an answer.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 116/116 (+___ temp HP) | AC 18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +14, Ref: +13, Will +12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 8

Alie stared at the silent man. She wasn't sure if this was a negotiating strategy or if the man had any idea what he group was requesting. "So, does that mean you are heading there eventually? Or that you are going to one of those places, and you don't want us to know exactly?". Alie looks around at the others, wondering if they knew more about negotiating passage than she did.

Liberty's Edge

HP 93/93| AC 27, T 18, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +16*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"I think that is what he is getting at, maybe those are all the stops they are making before getting to Woodsedge" Wynn peers over the map. "If that is the route then I guess we could tag along. How long will this trip take?"

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (39 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +20 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +9 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 26 | 3 Burn

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Peering over the shoulders of his companions, Morrin looks over the map and smiles. "This seems like a pleasant trip! I wonder if we'll meet any others along our travels to the lodge. Now, since we are traveling with another seasoned member of the Society, are there any jobs we can help with to make the caravan run a bit smoother until we arrive at our destination?" The man's eyes seem to twinkle at the thought of travelling the road once more. His stay in Absalom has been longer than what he was used to with the society, and he wasn't wanting to retire so soon.

Patting Wynn's shoulder, Morrin laughs, "We will get there when need be friend. Let us enjoy the open road, and hope by Desna's grace the trip is without issue!. Perhaps we can tell tales of out past ventures on the way, or learn more of the people at the stops."

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

As the group speaks, the red-haired caravan master watches their faces closely, choosing to wait until all three of the vocal Pathfinders finish their speaking.

In response to Alie's questions, Calistan holds one finger aloft for the woman to see, hoping that this satisfies her.

He also nods when Wynn confirms his thoughts, but address each point by holding up a set of fingers after pointing at each location in turn. Bellis draws the number seven, while Highhelm receives the number three. After pointing to Kerse, Calistan raises five fingers and pointing to Iadara gets the group another seven.

Morrin's question draws a smile from the Trade Prince as he moves to the nearby three handcarts and lifts one, showing that it is able to be pulled by a humanoid. He then points at you lot before pointing back to the miniature wagons.

The group of caravan workers snicker quietly, producing no noise with their laughs.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 116/116 (+___ temp HP) | AC 18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +14, Ref: +13, Will +12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Even sometimes oblivious Alie understood that meaning. "There is no way I can pull anyone around on one of those contraptions! Can't do it! Won't do it! I'd rather walk, than have my tiny back broken in half. I can't even cast my spells if I'm that exhausted. We need a new plan!"

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Looking at Alie, the Trade Prince seems to look you over before nodding in agreement with the woman. He winks at her and then holds up three fingers. With his other hand, he points to the first finger and then to Morrin. After his second finger, he points to Wynn and the third is Kalendir. To accentuate the idea, he points to the carts once more.

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (39 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +20 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +9 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 26 | 3 Burn

Nodding at the man, Morrin makes his way to the cart, and inspects it for any damage or issues that would normally hamper travels, tapping a few times on the wheels with his toes, and making sure all the harnesses worked with strapping down the cargo. "You can walk beside me if you want, Miss Alie. You probably have quite the tale or two for the road," he mentioned while lifting his hands and smiling. "And unlike most, my heavy lifting doesn't involve physical strength. It's all a mental fallacy that strength comes from brawn." Tapping his head with one hand, "The mind is my tool of choice, with a bit of air and aether to boot."

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

As Morrin tests the wagon, he finds that it lifts quite easily and rolls smoother than any wheeled vehicle that he has dealt with in the past. The Trade Prince smiles as the man inspects the wagon.

As he investigates everything, he sees that none of the men in the workers' crowd are particularly strong, so this is probably how the group transports their wares: by human-pulled carts.

Calistan waits for the other two to assume their positions amongst the wagons and looks questioningly as if waiting for their go ahead. He raises a hand with two fingers extended and the boy hurriedly rolls up the map before handing it to the Trade Prince. Both the boy and the crowd back away from the Pathfinders, giving them a few feet of berth as if they understand what is next.

The funny part is that I also have an admiral Pathfinder with two ships, so if you wished to travel by sea, I had a character to roleplay that as well. Also, that character is a Mordant Elf who only speaks Elvish, so it would have been equally challenging as my deaf/mute Trade Prince! :D

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (39 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +20 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +9 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 26 | 3 Burn

Yay for the greatness of pantomime! Also, Morrin would be able to communicate with the admiral, since he speaks elvish, though he's not the most diplomatic.

Liberty's Edge

HP 93/93| AC 27, T 18, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +16*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10

Would not be that hard since I think three of us are elves. But this was fun.

Wynn takes position at the cart and looks at it. He lifts it to test the weight."Should not be too hard of travel. But, the things we do for the people we serve, huh?

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 116/116 (+___ temp HP) | AC 18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +14, Ref: +13, Will +12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie takes a spot beside Morrin. "Thanks for the invitation. Sorry I freaked out for a second, but I'm okay now. I get excited sometimes. Tell me more about yourself. Aether? Mind magic? Now that sounds neat!"

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 6/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Kalendir looks odd at the Trade Prince and the cart, though he quickly catches onto the idea as Morrin lifts the cart. Seeing a couple of the others following suit Kalendir moves over toa cart and attempts to pick it up also.

Though the cart is light Kalendir strains a small bit with it as he is not quite as strong. Either that or Kalendir's cart has more junk in the carriage.

He puts the cart down with a small thud and looks to the Trade Prince. "So you need us to carry these? How far?" He points to the cart.

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (39 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +20 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +9 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 26 | 3 Burn

"No worries Missy! Most spell casters, which I am assuming you are from the looks of things, tend not to be the most hearty when it comes to physical labor. Got me an elf friend who may be as smart as they come, but can't lift much to save his soul. As for myself, I've been known to throw my weight around in and out of a fight with the powers of aether. Mystical energies, invisible to the naked eye for the most part, is my secret as to how I have been able to adventure." Morrin seems quite giddy as he mentions the aether. Stopping for a moment, he breathes deep and calms himself before continuing while taking stock as to what is in his carriage. "I've had this power since I was a child, but never really learned how to control it until I was at the Grand Lodge, studying to become a Pathfinder. Through various teachers, missions, and Yoon, I have developed my use with aether to the point as to where I can bend light and sound around me so I become invisible, move structures, and handle even the most nimble of jobs. On the other hand, during my stays in Absalom, I have also learned how to use some elements of air which has made travel quite fulfilling." Winking, Morrin begins to float a few inches off the ground before disappearing from sight altogether, before appearing on Alie's other side after a moment.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 116/116 (+___ temp HP) | AC 18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +14, Ref: +13, Will +12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Aloe clasps her hands together excitedly. "That's quite neat magic! I've never been on an adventure with someone that casts Magic like you. My magic is more basic and boring. Regular old spells and stuff. I'm anxious to see how it works when things ge ugly. And if there's one thing I learned with the Society, things always seem to end up getting ugly!"


Anyone know if we've lost the fifth: Lavode?

The group looks to Calistan as Kalendir decides to ask another question, but the Trade Prince seems to be focused in thought as he clutches an ornate dagger that was hanging at his waist.

Kn. Religion DC 10:
The dagger is the holy weapon of Pharasma amongst others and this dagger appears to have prominent iconography of the Mistress of the Boneyard.

He focuses on the dagger and the blade begins to glow with the brightness of the sun. The man's eyes open and he raises the dagger about a foot above his head and seems to stab the air in front of him, releasing the dagger with his hand, but, instead of clattering to the floor, the dagger remains stuck in the air.

The man closes his eyes and holds hands together, touching at the fingertips. The dagger slowly descends, seemingly cutting a hole in reality itself. As the dagger reaches the halfway point, the cut reality begins to flap in a non-existent wind as the men around the Pathfinders leap into action, grab hooks on long sticks, stabbing them through the flaps and pulling them open, revealing a portal to a world that looks similar to the world you see around you.

Calistan opens his eyes and smiles to the men, nodding in appreciation as they beam giant smiles back at him. One of the older gentlemen joins him, picking up the sacred tool and returning it to its owner. Calistan takes the dagger and sheathes it back at his waist. He turns back to the Pathfinders and nods to the portal being held open by the caravan workers.

Without a second look, Calistan and the other man enter the portal, leaving the Pathfinders with the handcarts standing before it as it slowly starts to close back up despite the workers' efforts to keep the rift pulled apart.

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (39 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +20 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +9 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 26 | 3 Burn

"INTERESTING! FORWARD WE GO!" Morrin shouts while quickly moving towards the open portal, using his telekinesis to help move the cart at a brisk pace. Another portal, and this time no blood is shed to bring it about? Praise Desna's grace that I meet these interesting people! Laughing wholeheartedly as he moves with the caravan, he looks to be somewhat out of place surrounded by the quiet couriers of the caravan. "Less daunting than going to the Ethereal Plane, right Alie?"

Liberty's Edge

HP 93/93| AC 27, T 18, FF 21| Fort +14*, Ref +16*, Will +13*| Init +11(Always act in surprise round;standard and move); Perception +10

"This will not be the first portal I jumped into blindly." Wynn follows Morrin into the portal. His stomach knotting in nervousness for split second, before poising himself for the jump.

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

The group moves into the portal and finds themselves in a plane of existence that appears to mirror that of the realm that they just left, however everything seems a bit hazy.

Morrin bends down and tries to pick up a rock on the ground and finds that his hand passes through the mineral coagulation. He quickly reaches for his dagger in surprise, but finds that he can manipulate the dagger much like any other time.

Kn. Planes DC 15:
You appear to be on the Astral Plane.

In front of you, Calistan is standing and smiling at you lot and he turns before taking a step forward along with his lieutenant, but the pair suddenly disappear from their position, reappearing 73 feet from their last position.

The rapid movement is jarring as the full plate-clad Trade Prince is not the most spry, however their eyes do not deceive them. Calistan nods his head to the north as he waits for you all to join him.

Anyone who moves:
The moment you decide to move forward and take the step, you find that you are moving at roughly 50 mph despite walking normally. One step seems to transport you 73.3 feet.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 13 | HP 116/116 (+___ temp HP) | AC 18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 17 | Fort: +14, Ref: +13, Will +12(+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Know. Planes 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"Ooo, I think this is the Astral plane. I've heard wild things about it. Look," she squeals, as she watches Calistan's rapid movement. "I bet I can do that too," she exclaims as she tries to follow their guide.

Silver Crusade

Male Elven (13.0A) Pal (Divine Hunter)11 / Ftr 2 HP 95/95 | AC 20/T15/FF16 | F +19/ R +15/ W +16 | CMB +17; CMD 32 | INIT +6
Consumables:
SMITE EVIL 4/4 (+5 hit; +11 dam; +5 AC); Lay on Hands 12/12; CPE 6/6; | Wands: CLW 46/50 | Arrows: CI Durable 40/40; 55/60; Blunt 40/40; CI 64/64; Silver 50/50

Haven't heard from him in a while. Do we want to recruit more?

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Kalendir quickly recognizes the ornate dagger and the Lady of the Boneyard.

He stares in awe through his single eyelet hole as the portal is opened right in the middle of town. The colors from the other realm assault his eyes and yet a wind blows but he feels no breeze in the heat of the day. He waves his hand in front of the portal just to make sure as Morrin barrels through with the cart.

Kalendir moves over to grab ahold of another. Putting his back into it he pushes it with all over his might through the ever closing portal.

"The Astral Plane huh?" He stares on in excitement and fright as such power. "I have never left the Material world before...."

Kalendir moves to follow and his head swims with vertigo as his stomach flips. It takes quite a while but his brain is not quite adjusted to the extreme movement and he falls to the ground to a mere crawl.

Grand Lodge

Male
Chronicles and Inventory Tracking:
Human Kineticist 11/Unchained Rogue 2 - HP 170/170 (27 Temp) (39 nonlethal) | AC 25 T 19 FF 18 | Fort +17 Ref +20 Will +7 | Evasion | Init +9 | Per +13 | SPD 30' Fly 60'| CMB +10 CMD 26 | 3 Burn

Rushing through the portal, Morrin realizes after a few paces that he seems to be moving faster than normal. "Okay folks, this isn't Galorion, or the Ethereal Plane. Astral Plane you said, Alie? This is a wonderful way to travel! Why isn't this done more often?" Keeping up with Alie and the rest of the group, the man seems quite happy at finding a new way to travel. "Better hurry Kalendir! We may leave you behind to whatever calls this place home!" Laughing heartily, he then raises his hand, and speaks in elvish, "I jest, a place like this isn't where friends should be left."

The Exchange

Trade Prince 8 HP: 75/75 | AC 29 | T 12 | FF 27 | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +9 | CMD 15 | Init. +0 | Perc. +0 (Auto-fail Sound) | Diplomacy +18 | Knowledge(Planes/Religion) +14 | Spellcraft +12
Resources:
Solar Wind 8/9 | Spells - 1st: 8/8; 2nd: 8/8; 3rd: 7/7 4th: 4/4 | CLW 30/50 | Sungazer: 8/8 | Astral Caravan: 8/8
Active Spells/Abilities:
Constant Detect Poison/Disease

Calistan appears next to Kalendir instantly as he reaches down with a hand bathed in a ghostly light. The hand rests on the elf's shoulder and the sickness that the elf feels is abated immediately.

The Trade Prince lifts the Pathfinder up from the ground and nods towards the north before disappearing in a flash as you see his form appearing in a weird stutter towards the north.

It appears that the travel has started. Moving at this pace, especially through the wooded plains of Taldor and into the River Kingdoms is quite unnerving, especially as you pass through thick tree trunks in the blink of an eye, barely registering their presence after the first hour of travel.

---

Four hours into your travel, you notice that Calistan's aide has reappeared at his side. The lithe man seems to be quite quick on his feet, even in comparison to the rest of the party. You see that he flashes a few hand signals to the Trade Prince and Calistan's face turns sour quite quickly.

He points in the direction of your destination and holds up his hands, crossing his pointer fingers in an X. As if to accentuate this point, the reality of the plane itself stretches and contorts as you hear a mind-wrenching scream echo across the plains.

Calistan points to himself and you guys with his left hand and then points to the north with his right. His drags his left pointer finger in a large arc around the extended right pointer finger and looks at you quizzically, wanting your opinion.

1 to 50 of 617 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bold Strider's Eyes of the Ten All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.