[PFS] 0-06: Black Waters - RD Table 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

Black Waters - Table 1


51 to 100 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

Deris leads you do a broken building in a pool of stagnant water.

You find yourselves at a wide, black pool with an occasional bubble percolating up in the center. The gently bubbling water is about waist deep, and you can just make out the remains of a severed human arm fully-submerged jutting up from the blacken silt near the center of the pond. Looking closely you can see the hand of the arm tightly grasping a metal handle. However there is also a large bulbous white egg also affixed to the handle and arm.

See Map. Derris is green token

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 3 Init +1 HP 18/18 AC 19 T11 FF18 Fort +3 Ref+2 Will+7 Perc +6 Channel 2d6 5/5 CLW Wand 35/50 Spd 40"

This is really disgusting... Maybe I should have bought another outfit, if things are expected to get dirty. I hope I won't have to get into the muddy waters.

Be careful, Pathfinders. Whatever has severed this arm might still be into the waters, even if I have no idea about what it might be.

Baied tries to see if something lurks behind the waters

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +7, R +8, W +4 | Shapechanger 2/2

Shabah hefts their blade as they approach the bubbling water, hoping to get a closer look at the arm, as well as the strange egg, before anyone touches anything, but the metamorph is too busy worrying about the other agents to complete a proper examination.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Egg nods and draws his bow, looking intently about for foes...or some kind of trap...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Liberty's Edge

NG Male Human Bolt Ace 1 | HP 13/13 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13 | CMD 14 | Fort+4 Ref+7 Will+3 | Init +5 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +2 | Low-Light Vision

"What the hell...?

Dorn keeps a careful eye on the egg, keeping his crossbow held at the ready. "If something starts to hatch, what do you think. Shoot it?"

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

The water is about 3 feet at the deepest. difficult terrain And the it looks like the arm itself it attached to a hatch that would lead below.

Although suspecting something down in the lake, it wasn't the egg itslef.

Egg Fu spots an adult water bug in the silt near the egg.

Init Water Bug: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Init, Baied Eldoura: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Init, Dorn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Init, Cork: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Init, Shabah Al’Quna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Init, Egg Fu: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Init, Talondreal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Combat Begin

bold may act

Cork
Shaba

Water Bug
Dorn
Talondreal
Egg
Baied

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 3 | HP 22/27 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +3 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

Cork wrinkles his nose in disgust at the black pool and its contents. When Egg Fu points out the water bug Cork shows even more disgust. "I really don't like bugs. And combined with the general creepiness we've seen so far, I like this one even less."

He points a finger towards the bug and a ray of frost shoots out towards it.

ray of frost@water bug: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 ranged touch
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

LOL, stupid water bug

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

The bug skims easily up to Cork and attempts to bite him.

Water Bug Bite Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

But it goes wide.

Everyone is up again. Shaba can take an extra action from last round

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 3 | HP 22/27 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +3 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

Cork looks at the bug dismissively. "Really? You think you're a threat?" He pulls his cutlass from its sheath hanging from his belt then slices at the bug.

cutlass@bug: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +7, R +8, W +4 | Shapechanger 2/2

Shabah grimly wades through the water, attempting to slowly outflank the beast, then begins to hew at its limbs with precise strokes from their great blade.

Falchion (Power Attack): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 = 11
Slashing: 2d4 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 + 3 = 15
Falchion (Power Attack): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 1 = 16
Slashing: 2d4 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 + 3 = 16

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

I am confused. Since he was behind the halforc in init. order his first attack would go first correct?
\\The paladin moves up to slash the bug
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
missing

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

The first stike goes wide.

Talondreal moves up and swings and misses.

But with the second, Shabah strikes the bug on the icy part that was a result of Cork's original ray of frost That did hit before

Smashing the chunk of ice in to the carapace, clefts the bug in two.

Cork swings at the dead bug with his taunt falling on its lifeless body.

As the bug is dispatched, Derris looks at the bug and then at you. "I am glad I called the exterminators. You might want to go down there and make sure it is all clear. I will call a plumber to fix the leak later"

Talondreal, in order just to keep things going, I do kind of a pop-corn initiative. Then I will resolve things in somewhat imitative order if the creature would still be up.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 3 | HP 22/27 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +3 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

Cork slides his cutlass back into the well worn sheath then points at the pool of water. He can still see the severed arm at the bottom of it. "You want us to swim down there? To find more bugs?" He is surprised by the suggestion and takes a step back from the edge of the pool.

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

Derris hands cork the key he got from the teacher, "Yes. It just some old tunnels. I hear some of the other children, not my Cassiel mind you, would sneak down there, so it must be safe. They always came back."

Liberty's Edge

NG Male Human Bolt Ace 1 | HP 13/13 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13 | CMD 14 | Fort+4 Ref+7 Will+3 | Init +5 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +2 | Low-Light Vision

Not always...

Not bothering to answer the delusional coot, Dorn looks for something living nearby to dip into the water. Anything from a branch to a simple weed, testing its safety.

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

Dorn finds a some nearby deadwood. And tests that the water is just brackish, but otherwise no risk of disease.

The hatch that the arm is attached has a lock for the key you were given, but also seems slight crusted over and would most likely require some effort to open.

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Does the 'some effort' mean a Disable Device check?

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

Strength. It is stuck. You have the key for the lock

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

Allow me to try he says
Str 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

With a good yank Talondreal pulls open the hatch. But like pulling the plug on a tub, the water rushes down the hole. Talondreal, and anyone else in the water, make a reflex DC 15 to remain standing.

Liberty's Edge

NG Male Human Bolt Ace 1 | HP 13/13 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13 | CMD 14 | Fort+4 Ref+7 Will+3 | Init +5 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +2 | Low-Light Vision

Move Action Dorn retrieves the rope from his pack, and readies himself Ready Standard Action to throw the rope to anyone who falls.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 3 | HP 22/27 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +3 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

"I'm not sure that's a good idea Talondreal." Cork takes a cautious stance while Talondreal wades into the water and pulls the lever. He chuckles slightly when the water starts rushing down the hole. "I told you," he says with a grin.

Not standing in the water.

He steps closer to the edge of the water and extends his hand to anyone who needs to grab it to keep from falling.

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +7, R +8, W +4 | Shapechanger 2/2

Shabah keeps their feet with equanimity of body and mind.
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Now that the bug is dispatched, Shabah sheathes their falchion, preparing for the climb down possibly climbing down after a flushed comrade

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Egg keeps his feet and eyes alert, bow ready...

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 3 Init +1 HP 18/18 AC 19 T11 FF18 Fort +3 Ref+2 Will+7 Perc +6 Channel 2d6 5/5 CLW Wand 35/50 Spd 40"

At least that was quick, and efficient.

Not wanting to get dirty if she can avoid it, Baied was waiting out of the pool, ready to heal the team.

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

The hatch leads in to the tunnels of the necropolis that you were looking for.

See updated map

The necropolis is a network of 6-foot-wide, arched tunnels connects double vaulted ossuary chambers. The once ornate chambers are now a patchwork of brown stone walls, faded paint, and crumbling plaster. Water seeps through the walls and collects in floor cracks and ankle-deep puddles. The entire necropolis is unlit. All of the doors are made of heavy stone and are unlocked and ajar.

Carved pillars in the corners of this chamber hold aloft a double-vaulted ceiling of cracked frescos. On either side of the chamber, a single step leads up into a deeply recessed area that forms an arched room of its own.

On the floor of the east recess, the perfectly preserved body of a young boy lies in a puddle and stares silently upward.

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

The Exchange

Agender Sandkin Metamorph 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +7, R +8, W +4 | Shapechanger 2/2

Shabah eyes the surrounding necropolis with a wary eye, and comes to a decision.

The sandkin's skin begins to thicken and crack into scales as the muscle and bone beneath it swells and strengthens.

The Exchange

Agender Troglodyte Metamorph 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +7, R +8, W +4 | Shapechange 1/2

The metamorph finishes their transformation, and takes a few deep breaths to recenter.

Do not be alarmed.

The odorless troglodyte fishes out a flask from their belt and drains it in anticipation of troubles to come. Then, they stride briskly over to the corpse to continue their investigation. Mutagen

Liberty's Edge

NG Male Human Bolt Ace 1 | HP 13/13 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13 | CMD 14 | Fort+4 Ref+7 Will+3 | Init +5 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +2 | Low-Light Vision

Dorn follows Shabah, keeping his crossbow trained on the corpse. "Neat trick you got there, how long's it last?"

The Exchange

Agender Troglodyte Metamorph 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +7, R +8, W +4 | Shapechange 1/2

A few hours, Mr. Holden. Hopefully long enough to finish our exploration.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 3 | HP 22/27 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +3 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

"This place just gets better and better." Cork shakes his head with a rueful grin. Once in the larger room he casts detect magic around the room looking for auras.

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 3 Init +1 HP 18/18 AC 19 T11 FF18 Fort +3 Ref+2 Will+7 Perc +6 Channel 2d6 5/5 CLW Wand 35/50 Spd 40"

The priest seems taken aback by Shabah transformation

I never saw something like that before... How did you did that?

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Egg stares in awe at the transformation; his last mission required him to fight troglodytes...he hopes this place doesn't have other troglodytes as it might get confusing....he draws his bow, and checks out the room...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

While cautiously examining the room, Egg sees one of the corpses from the shadows of the western alcove.

Init Bugbear Zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Init, Baied Eldoura: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Init, Dorn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Init, Cork: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Init, Shabah Al’Quna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Init, Egg Fu: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Init, Talondreal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Though with Egg's alarm, everyone is able to react before the zombie make any other move.

COMBAT

Bold may act

Dorn
Egg
Cork
Shabah
Baied
Talondreal

Zombie

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

The paladin will move 30' in the room.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 3 | HP 22/27 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +3 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

"Thanks for the warning Egg!" Cork moves swiftly to the side so
that he has a clear aim at the lumbering undead creature. He extends
his hand and a flash of energy blasts towards the ragged pile of
stinking flesh.

disrupt undead: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 ranged touch
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

NG Male Human Bolt Ace 1 | HP 13/13 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13 | CMD 14 | Fort+4 Ref+7 Will+3 | Init +5 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +2 | Low-Light Vision

Tch... Zombies. Dorn raises his crossbow to his eye and takes careful aim before squeezing the trigger, releasing the bolt with a quiet *Plunk*

Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 4 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 3 Init +1 HP 18/18 AC 19 T11 FF18 Fort +3 Ref+2 Will+7 Perc +6 Channel 2d6 5/5 CLW Wand 35/50 Spd 40"

Msw Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Baied moves Inside the room and shoots at the zombie with her beautiful crafted crossbow.. but her aim is off, and the bolt flies wild

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Egg fires a couple arrows at the zombie...

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

Cork's ray hits and small bits of the zombie fall off.

Dorn's and Egg's arrows strike the creature, however the piercing arrows seem not to do as much damage.

The Zombie steps up and strikes at Talondreal

Zombie Morningstar Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

But the slow creature is easily dodged.

Botting Shabah

The Troglodyte form rushes up and swings her Falchion.

Shabah Mutagen Falchion Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (1, 3) + 13 = 17

She takes a solid chunck out of the Zombie.

Everyone is up again.

Zombie -- 20 Damage

The Exchange

Agender Troglodyte Metamorph 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19(21), T 12, FF 14(16) | F +7, R +8, W +4 | Shapechange 1/2

Shabah lets fall the falchion and begins to tear at the bugbear with their claws and fangs.

Claw (PA): 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 1 = 9
B/S Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12
Claw (PA): 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 1 = 20
B/S Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
Bite (PA): 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 1 = 26
B/P/S: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

And she promptly shreds the zombie.

After a moment of silence, you examine things more closely.

Searching the body more closely you realize the child is Grishan Maldris, the younger brother of Colson Maldris (Leader of Liberties Edge).

Also you find a ring among the rubble that is magical.

Grand Lodge

Human CG human Magus 3 | HP 22/27 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 CMD: 15 | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +3 | Arcane pool +1 5/5

"If you let me take a look at that ring, I might be able to determine the nature of its magical properties."
Cork takes the ring and examines it by the light.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Liberty's Edge

NG Male Human Bolt Ace 1 | HP 13/13 | AC:18 T:15 FF:13 | CMD 14 | Fort+4 Ref+7 Will+3 | Init +5 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +2 | Low-Light Vision

Dorn, being a member of Liberty's Edge, takes careful note of the poor boy. He takes a moment to take parchment out and document the state he found the boy in, and where, to report back to his leader.

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 3 Init +1 HP 18/18 AC 19 T11 FF18 Fort +3 Ref+2 Will+7 Perc +6 Channel 2d6 5/5 CLW Wand 35/50 Spd 40"

Baied prays for the soul of he little boy, asking Abadar to protect him and show him the road to Pharasma's Eternal Gardens

Grand Lodge

Male Human LG Zen Archer (Monk) / 3rd | HP:23/23 | AC:17 T:17 FF:11 | CMB:3 CMD:19 | Saves F:+4 R:+8 W:+4 | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Egg shakes his head sadly. "I wonder if any survive..."

Scarab Sages

School TABLE 1 *-* School TABLE 2 *-* III *-*

After dealing with the remain, the party presses deeper in to necropolis

I have updated the map. You may move up and arrange yourselves to the red X from which you will see the following

Water drips from the double-vaulted ceiling and trickles down the walls to pool on the floor. Bone shards of a hundred skulls litter the room like shattered seashells. Wide stairs climb to the west. Narrow stairs dive to the north. On the south wall, an open doorway gapes, a carved relief depicting a massive battle filling the archway over the door. The rest of the walls are filled floor to ceiling with nooks that house ancient, but drenched, skeletal remains. In the center of the room sit twelve school children in a circle on the floor. One child seems to be silently telling a story, her arms moving rapidly as she makes scary faces.

Silver Crusade

AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 trait) hp 21 (2d10+4) Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments

We all float, we all float

The paladin will detect evil.

51 to 100 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 0-06: Black Waters - RD Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.