Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 00-20 King Xeros of Old Azlant (tier 7-8) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map
Buffs

Chronicles


1 to 50 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The summons was sudden and unexpected. One moment news was traveling around Absalom of the strange crystalline ship that appeared in Absalom’s harbor, defying the Harbor Guard’s defenses and attempts at interdiction, and the next instant a young Pathfinder, acting as courier, brought Venture-Captain Adril Hestram. The meeting occurred in the streets outside the Grand Lodge even as Hestram was coming. The facts of the matter were that a strange, seemingly derelict ship had
indeed appeared in the harbor, it appeared to be of ancient Azlanti make, and the Pathfinders wanted the first crack at it. A clandestine meeting was set up at Harbormaster’s Grange with Hestram and the First Harbormaster.

Upon arrival, Goodman Hugen of House Candren, a Grand Councilman and First Harbormaster, looks up from his cluttered. He quickly shoos away his secretary and walks around his desk to point out his window towards an ominously shaped vessel floating far out in the harbor.

Thank you for bringing them Adril. The vessel first appeared at second watch. No one saw it enter the harbor and there was no warning of its approach through the Flotsam Graveyard. One instant the harbor was clear and the next instant it was there. According to the few eye witnesses we could find, it seemingly just faded into existence there in the water. Our gillmen and Wave Rider scouts reconnoitered it initially and reported there to be no signs of life on its decks and that it was seemingly constructed of a single piece of seamless, opaque white crystal. The Harbor Guard and Wave Riders immediately set up a cordone around the vessel to contain any threat it represented and the First Guard and Starwatch were placed on alert."

When no threat appeared imminent we sent a Harbor Guard boarding party. They reported the top decks to be completely deserted and all access to the ship’s interior to be blocked off by a single sealed portal. Indecipherable glyphs are incised all throughout the ship’s hull but there is actual writing on the bow. We took copies from the bow to the city’s sages, and the script was identified as Azlanti. It translates as King Xeros, which we believe to be the ship’s name. Old travelers’ tales tell of a ghost ship that wanders the Great Beyond; it is sometimes referred to as the King Xeros of Old Azlant, a magical vessel launched by the Azlanti shortly before Earthfall. We think this may be the very same vessel here in our own harbor."

This is where you Pathfinders come in. We believe the ship to be the self-same King Xeros and an artifact of the ancient Azlanti. We need to get inside the ship and find out what secrets it holds and if any danger exists. Since it’s old Azlanti, we figure it’s all kinds of magic and mysteries six ways to Oathday. The sages want a crack at it, but we think it’ll take more than just brains to get into it as it might be trapped or guarded. You Pathfinders are known for your ability to deal with this kind of prehistoric stuff and handle yourselves in a tight spot, so that’s why I’m turning to you. The last thing I need is a dozen dead scholars and some monstrosity from beyond time unleashed on the city. I need you to get on board that ship, find a way inside, do a bit of poking around, and figure out if this is something I should be worried about or if it just happens to be the discovery of the millennium. Your lodge has graciously extended the offer of your services if you’re agreeable, and you will of course have the opportunity to investigate and report on this phenomenon in your chronicles. I haven’t got a lot of time here, so I need your answer relatively quickly before this mystery turns into a fullblown crisis.

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 10 | HP 94/94 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +9; R +6; W +4 | CMB+14; CMD 27 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +19 (1d8+10/x3) | Perc +12

O

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 10 | HP 94/94 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +9; R +6; W +4 | CMB+14; CMD 27 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +19 (1d8+10/x3) | Perc +12

A fine example of a dwarf, his facial hair lustrous and well-kempt, with elaborate braids and clasps, strokes his brown beard as he considers the mission. The hair on the top of his head is swept back, while the sides are shaved and tattooed with elaborate blue runes.

Clandelve knew he was here for his brawn, not for his deciphering of ancient glyphs.

The dwarf spits at the mention of magic.

"We'll board th' craft an' fight our way pest any defenses, rest assured,"

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

Aeris listens intently to Goodman Hugen's briefing, his brow creased slightly in confusion. I'm more suited to freeing slaves and taking out those who would oppress them than puzzling out the nature of a mysterious arcane boat, but I expect there'll be a chance to fight on this mission. There always is, somehow.

With a nod to the others, he introduces himself, "Good morning. I am Aeris, servant of Milani, and freedom." At first glance, he might be mistaken for a tall, slender human. However, what first appears to be an elaborately-cut cloak on his back, on closer inspection is revealed to be a pair of large wings tucked flat. Mostly a dark, smoky grey in color, with touches of crimson, the wings extend from about the level of his ears down to where the tips just brush the floor. His hair, longish and swept back from his face, is of the same dark grey as his wings.

As the other Pathfinders introduce themselves, Aeris stands watchful and still, his head occasionally turning with an abrupt motion, then freezing in a new position, like a raptor scanning for prey. His face is narrow, with large, alert, amber eyes and a hooked nose, giving him a strangely birdlike appearance in keeping with his wings. He carries a long, beautifully-made bow behind his left shoulder, and a longsword and morningstar ride at his hips.

"I agree," he says, gesturing with a tip of his head towards Clandelve, "we'll get in one way or another. Anything more you can tell us about the ship? Did the Harbor Guard meet with any kind of defenses at all? Or does the Society have any further information about this ship, even from legends?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 10 - HP 73/73|AC 30, T 25, FF 17|F:+10,R:+12,W:+8 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 32 FCMD: 19|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +14 Desmond HP 36/36
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (12/12)

Image

A Taldan man dressed in an exotic suit of studded leather armor also listens. He is of slightly below average human physical stature, but the smug demeanor he carries suggests just how highly he thinks of himself despite his size. Short, dark, curly locks sit atop his head around which a single small stone magically floats. A patch of stubble lines his jawline down to his chin.

The cloak he wears is dyed red and trimmed in gold thread in a style popular with Taldan high society. Bandoliers crossing his chest hold a variety of scrolls and wands, while potions and oils line his belt. At his hip is a dueling blade made famous by the Aldori school.

But far more noticeable than his demeanor or mode of dress is the monkey that has been consistently perched upon his shoulder. It too is dressed in colorful clothing over which a suit of leather armor has been fitted. Occasionally this creature draws a nut or piece of dried fruit from the satchel it wears and nibbles on it.

"Fortunately for you, I am not merely an accomplished swordsman, but well knowledgeable about topics of the arcane."

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Paladin 8 | AC: 25/11/24 (22/11/21 without shield) | HP: 86/86 | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F +13, R +7, W +10 | Perc +4 | Init +1
Attack:
Gamin +13/+7 (1d8+12/19-20), +4 (+8) smite evil

A green-scaled humanoid stands with the other Pathfinders. At seven feet high, Silas stands head and shoulders above most others and is bedecked in plate armor, a tower of metal and scales. He carries a shield and a seldom-used bow on his back, and an iron holy symbol bearing the sword-and-sunburst of Iomedae clinks softly against his breastplate. His sword, however, looks somewhat out-of-place: a hilt of gleaming mithral, bedecked in jewels, juts out of an otherwise unimpressive scabbard.

"No need to worry, First Harbormaster. We'll see this through safely. I'm nothing like a defenseless scholar."

A metallic voice snorts. "No truer words; he is nothing like a defenseless scholar."

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"The harbor guard is just keeping a watch on the ship at the moment. I hope they don't go aboard, just think what a mess they might make of any clues that might be aboard.."

Know planes and/or arcana may help with some background knowledge

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 10 - HP 73/73|AC 30, T 25, FF 17|F:+10,R:+12,W:+8 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 32 FCMD: 19|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +14 Desmond HP 36/36
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (12/12)

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

Aerie scratches his chin, trying to recall anything he's heard about a crystal ship, but he comes up with nothing.

Knowledge (planes), Aid Favian : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

oopse, history, not arcana check. That will net you some extra information

Favian has heard tales of this ship.

He has heard that it roams the Ethereal Plane on some endless mission. Reports have been heard in planar cities and Material backwaters of a crystal ghost ship that plied the gray mists, appearing unexpectedly and disappearing just as suddenly. Boarding parties never found any trace of the original crew and many vanished altogether as the ether ship made a sudden disappearance.

Many an Ethereal treasure hunter sought the King Xeros and the fabled riches or eldritch secrets it was said to carry, but only the occasional report from some itinerant traveler told of sightings of the lost ship as it slipped through the Deep Ethereal.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf Paladin 4 / Oracle 4 AC 23 {T:10/FF:23} HP 72/72 Init+0, Perception +2 / Fort +13, Reflex +7, Will +14

The half-elf clad in red and white plate mail has quietly listened to the exchange. He is quite heartened to see another of Iomedae's holy warriors among those called to board the ship. He steps to the large nagaji's side and nods in camaraderie.

Knowledge, Planes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

I really believed that Iomedae was warning me away from studying when she flooded the library. If she wanted me to focus on the well-being of my fellow man, why does she keep sending me out on research missions?

As the conversation continues, the paladin says a silent prayer as he reverently forms an empathic bond with members of his team.

I can connect with four party members. Forming a Life Link with everyone except Silas Proth. I know my brother will understand.

Better to do this now before I forget. I will ask them later if they wish me to sever the their tie with The Inheritor.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

DM are we still waiting on a Knowledge (history) check or did you already give that info? I'll post as if it's already given, rather than waiting (since I don't have that skill trained).

Aeris feels a divine link connecting him to Caduceus, and is momentarily concerned that the paladin will judge him for a recent compromise he's made, in order to better serve Milani. When this doesn't come to pass, Aeris nods at the half-elf in thanks. He then looks at his new companions and asks, "Shall we be about it? Do we have any way to get back, if the ship decides to make an ethereal jaunt while we're aboard? Perhaps the Society will guarantee our return?"

I should note that Aeris radiates slight evil, due to accepting the boon in a certain scenario.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Waiting on a history check

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 10 - HP 73/73|AC 30, T 25, FF 17|F:+10,R:+12,W:+8 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 32 FCMD: 19|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +14 Desmond HP 36/36
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (12/12)

Not sure we have anyone trained in history. At least it appears that way from the profiles of the players who have joined the game.

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 68/68 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+9* R+9* W+12*| Init +13* | Perc +22 | Bane 14/14 | Liberation 9/9 |Freedom's Call 9/9 |Second Judgement 0/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:greater magic weapon(bow)

Know History: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 That's the way to make an entrance!
Know Planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Edit: I forgot to add this roll.

Herrick's image

The dark eyed inquisitor of Feronia has remained quiet up till now, silently taking in all that has been said and done. Of medium height, long limbs, and slender build, he steps forward with slow, cautious movements. Clad in sturdy leathers and mithril with his head covered by an ornate hooded cowl, what skin he has left exposed shows great weathering. Upon his back he carries a magnificent bow, and a nondescript quiver filled with arrows. The symbol of Feronia, a bonfire under stars, is clearly displayed in more than one place upon his attire.

He nods a greeting to his fellow pathfinders, his smile subdued but present.

"I believe I can help. I have some experience with things long since dead and history may very well prove enlightening here." he says in a reassuring tone.

While Herrick will often have heightened awareness up, I will say he will cast it after we expect to be "on mission" and not presently.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Actually in this case I'd be happy for you to cast it during the briefing as you think about what you might know. That said, the DC for the check is so high, even with a natural 20 and HA, you'd not make it.

The group can't think of anything else of relevance.

Any last minute shopping as you head down to the harbour?

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 68/68 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+9* R+9* W+12*| Init +13* | Perc +22 | Bane 14/14 | Liberation 9/9 |Freedom's Call 9/9 |Second Judgement 0/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:greater magic weapon(bow)

Hearing the way the ship appeared and that it has been referred to in legends as a ghost ship, Herrick takes the opportunity before heading to the harbor to gather one more batch of ghost salt weapon blanch. Having already applied one batch to 10 of his arrows, he keeps the second batch as what he hopes is an unnecessary back up. "There is always restless dead where I have recently come from." he explains to the group.

As they near the mysterious ship he casts a series of spells in preparation for boarding.

Heroism, Heightened Awareness(currently he won't dismiss it for the initiative bonus) See Invis, and Sacred Bond that he shares with Caduceus(just in case). All spells will last 80 mins.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 10 - HP 73/73|AC 30, T 25, FF 17|F:+10,R:+12,W:+8 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 32 FCMD: 19|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +14 Desmond HP 36/36
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (12/12)

Before heading to the docks, Favian will remove his armor, cast Ablative Barrier (8 hrs) and don his armor again.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Your Harbor Guard sloop makes its way slowly and cautiously out toward the mysterious visitor. As the sloop draws nearer, details of the vessel become clear. It only superficially resembles a ship, with a symbol-covered hull of quartz glowing with a rosy tint in the wan light of evening. A tall aft castle of strangely faceted crystal rises from its stern sprouting from its sides giant, winglike sails of the same crystal that hang parallel to the water. It bears a split bow, between which rises a gigantic black spike towering over 60 feet into the air. It is the only portion of the ship that does not seem to made of the same opaque crystal. The main deck is uneven, broken into several subdecks. From a distance, one can make out the faint lines of decks and compartments through the crystal hull, but these these fade quickly upon closer inspection.

Arrayed around the vessel at a distance of perhaps a quarter mile is a ring of other Harbor Guard vessels, from sloops to cutters to dinghies; they seem to have turned out everything that could float in order to contain this potential menace. Within this cordone of vessels can be seen the forms of hippocampus-mounted Wave Riders patrolling closer in and even under the derelict hulk. A single accomodation ladder hangs over the port side just abaft of the fore deck, a shallowdraft barge moored at its foot, a sign that at least one patrol of the Harbor Guard still remains on board keeping watch over the upper decks of the mystery ship.

The lapping of water against the ship’s hull is drowned out by the sounds of sudden screams from the ship’s main deck, and flaring bursts from fiery explosions suddenly illuminate its superstructure. The Harbor Guards already aboard appear to have come under attack and cries of pain echo over the waters of the harbor.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf Paladin 4 / Oracle 4 AC 23 {T:10/FF:23} HP 72/72 Init+0, Perception +2 / Fort +13, Reflex +7, Will +14

"BY THE INHERITOR! Hurry, those men need our help!"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Once you put your icon on the map you can take an action. You are in a boat at hte moment, climbing the ladder is a climb check, but only DC 5 as it is a ladder, but note your reduced speed due to climbing.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

Aeris slips his bow off his shoulder and scans the vessel, asking, "Can anyone see what's attacking them?"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

From at sea level you can hear the sound of combat and an occasional jet of flame, but you'll need to climb up to see better, as the decks are ten and twenty feet up from sea level at the moment.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 10 - HP 73/73|AC 30, T 25, FF 17|F:+10,R:+12,W:+8 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 32 FCMD: 19|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +14 Desmond HP 36/36
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (12/12)

Favian quickly uses the wand of shield he carries on himself. Desmond, responds to the command word, grabbing it from his hand. He then easily scales the ladder on the ship's deck.

Favian is +10 to climb and can thus automatically make the DC 10 for an accelerated climb to pull himself 15' up the ladder as a move action.

Desmond:
Will use bodyguard to protect Favian if attacked.
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Favian:
If attacked while flat-footed will use his AoO to parry and riposte. (Can draw his sword as part of the AoO.)

Parry: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 -2 to for each size category larger the enemy is
Riposte: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

Aeris calls on Milani to protect him from whatever lies ahead. He waits for Clandelve and Silas to proceed up the ladder, then brings up the rear with Herrick.

Swift action to use Sacred Armor for an additional +1 enhancement bonus to armor for 1 minute, then take 10 to move up ladder. If I can't take 10 since we're sort of in combat, here's a roll:

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 68/68 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+9* R+9* W+12*| Init +13* | Perc +22 | Bane 14/14 | Liberation 9/9 |Freedom's Call 9/9 |Second Judgement 0/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:greater magic weapon(bow)

Accelerated Climb DC10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Without saying a word, Herrick follows Favian, signaling quickly to Aeris his intent to offer backup to the nimble magus. I would wait, but people could be dying! He races up the ladder as fast as possible and is soon on the deck of the mysterious ship. He quickly scans for threats and anyone needing aid.

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32

Double move to deck at half speed. Depending what he sees, Herrick may activate his judgement ability(swift action/2 active judgments at once/type TBD).

Edit: Second climb check if needed.

Accelerated Climb DC10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Paladin 8 | AC: 25/11/24 (22/11/21 without shield) | HP: 86/86 | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F +13, R +7, W +10 | Perc +4 | Init +1
Attack:
Gamin +13/+7 (1d8+12/19-20), +4 (+8) smite evil

With full plate armor, Silas's Climb is a straight roll.

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Keeping his shield on his back and his sword in its sheath, the scaled knight climbs noisily up the ladder and onto the deck.

I've added my two auras to the Buffs page, so hopefully it'll help everyone remember they're there. +4 to saves vs fear and charm effects as long as you're within 10 feet of Silas!

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Favian and Desmond quickly climb the ladder. Aeris takes a little longer, causing Herrick is champ at the bit.

Once he is on deck he detects the sound of combat up the next set of ladders to the right.
These are more like steep stairs, so no climb required, but will count as difficult terrain.

As there are no immediate threats, I'm happy with take ten here, please make sure your stat line AC has your sacred armor bonus updated to be included.

Status, bold may post, Auras of courage and resolve if near Silias
Caduceus
Clandelve

stuff
Favian
Aeris (sacred armor)
Herrick
Silias

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf Paladin 4 / Oracle 4 AC 23 {T:10/FF:23} HP 72/72 Init+0, Perception +2 / Fort +13, Reflex +7, Will +14

climb, attempt #1: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 4 = 2
climb, attempt #2: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 10

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 10 | HP 94/94 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +9; R +6; W +4 | CMB+14; CMD 27 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +19 (1d8+10/x3) | Perc +12

Quick for a dwarf, Clandelve is all action and no talk.

He begins scaling the side of the ship as fast as he can, hurried by magical boots and light mithral armor.

climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

double move

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 68/68 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+9* R+9* W+12*| Init +13* | Perc +22 | Bane 14/14 | Liberation 9/9 |Freedom's Call 9/9 |Second Judgement 0/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:greater magic weapon(bow)

"Glad to have you with us Hammerhand! Sounds like trouble is that way!" Herrick shouts over the sounds of violence. He points up the stairs to the right.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

GM mystery stuff: 1d20 ⇒ 13
The pathfinder team quickly scramble aboard. Another gout of fire jets from the next deck up and your hear the crunch of bones as something big makes contact with something squishy. The cries of the habor watch start to sound paniced.

Status: Round 2, bold may post, Auras of courage and resolve if near Silias
Caduceus
Clandelve
Favian
Aeris (sacred armor)
Herrick
Silias

end of round stuff

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

Aeris waits for the others to get up the gangway, then hustles up behind them, taking a position near the top and scanning for targets.

Assuming he sees something to shoot at:

He raises his bow and sights carefully, then lets fly a single arrow!

Longbow, PBS, DA: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 24
Longbow damage, PBS, DA: 1d8 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 12

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Aeris sees a huge crystalline figure smashing guards over the top deck. Two smaller turrets shoot flames over guardsmen.

And realises that he will trigger an AOO if he fires at it. Up to you if you want to or not

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 10 - HP 73/73|AC 30, T 25, FF 17|F:+10,R:+12,W:+8 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 32 FCMD: 19|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +14 Desmond HP 36/36
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (12/12)

Favian moves up enchants his blade and tries to slice at one of the turrets to see how difficult they might be to damage.

Swift: Spend 1 arcane pool to enchant his sword. For 1 minute it becomes a +1 shock, frost, mimetic aldori dueling sword.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 magic, slashing
Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Electricity: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Confirm: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Additional Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Desmond:
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12
GM Aerondor wrote:
And realises that he will trigger an AOO if he fires at it. Up to you if you want to or not

I have Point Blank Master, so no AoO, so I'll shoot at the big figure. Any Knowledge checks we can make to identify our opponents?

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf Paladin 4 / Oracle 4 AC 23 {T:10/FF:23} HP 72/72 Init+0, Perception +2 / Fort +13, Reflex +7, Will +14

climb: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Slightly out of breath, the paladin finally makes it aboard the vessel. He quickly surmises that his aid may be needed. He concentrates on the cloak upon his back and activates it magic.

Activating Bless Morale bonus +1 to: Hit & saves vs fear. Cast from his Cloak of the Crusader Duration: 1 minute, 1x/day.

If it is a full round action to finish climbing onto the ship, then this will be my action next round.

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 68/68 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+9* R+9* W+12*| Init +13* | Perc +22 | Bane 14/14 | Liberation 9/9 |Freedom's Call 9/9 |Second Judgement 0/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:greater magic weapon(bow)

Herrick rushes up the opposite stairs, and as he reaches the top he spins around and takes a quick assessment of the opposition, the turrets and the crystalline behemoth, before shooting. He shouts out a warning to his team regarding damage resistance and special attacks the enemy might have. He then swiftly activates bane vs the enemy upon his bow as he pulls back an arrow and lets fly!

+2 HA and +2 Heroism included
Know Arcana(monster lore): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21 I will assume at least one is a construct, but the big guy could be plannar so I will roll that also.
Know Arcana(monster lore): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
Know Planes(monster lore): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

Move action to get to the fore deck, free action to do knowledge checks and shout to the team, swift action to activate Bane(vs construct if he can't tell what type they are, otherwise he chooses what type he knows them to be.), free deadly aim) and he will choose the proper arrow from his quiver to bypass the DR of the turret currently being attacked by Favian. Suppressing the merciful enchantment of the bow for lethal damage.

heroism +2,PBS+1/+1,Ally Threatens(Coordinated Shot)+1,deadly aim -2/+4,bane+2/+2 +2d6
Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 28
Damage(Magic/Adamantine durable arrow if failed know check: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (1, 2) = 18

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Paladin 8 | AC: 25/11/24 (22/11/21 without shield) | HP: 86/86 | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F +13, R +7, W +10 | Perc +4 | Init +1
Attack:
Gamin +13/+7 (1d8+12/19-20), +4 (+8) smite evil

Hearing the sounds of battle above, Silas climbs the second ladder to bring him close to the action. "Help is coming!" Once above, he readies his shield in case of attack.

Accelerated climb (take 10): 10 = 10

-Posted with Wayfinder

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Aeris snaps off a quick shot at the big figure. It chips it. Slightly.
DR effective against the shot

Favian makes a quick attack, slightly damaging the red flame thrower in front of him. But not as much as he was expecting.
DR effective against the blow, and energy resistance against the elemental.

Caduceus also climbs up, and blesses the group.

Herrick climbs the other stairs, and finds himself without opposition. Looking back he identifies the flame throwers as animated objects, but cannot place the crystal creature. His arrow however manages to crack it's hard form.
arrow overboard? 51+ is good for Herrick: 1d100 ⇒ 95

Silias continues his steady climb.

Status: Round 2, bold may post, Auras of courage and resolve if near Silias ; Bless active
Clandelve

end of round stuff
Crystal giant 2 damage
Red flame thrower 28 damage
Aeris (sacred armor)
Favian
Herrick
Silias
Caduceus

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 10 - HP 73/73|AC 30, T 25, FF 17|F:+10,R:+12,W:+8 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 32 FCMD: 19|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +14 Desmond HP 36/36
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (12/12)

What energy types is the turret resistant/immune to? My mimetic weapon would allow me to gain one for the round.

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 10 | HP 94/94 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +9; R +6; W +4 | CMB+14; CMD 27 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +19 (1d8+10/x3) | Perc +12

Clandelve spits, hefts his warhammer, and begins making his way toward the upper deck.

"Le's see what ye got!"

double move

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

@Favian The turrets dont have resist energy as such for the purposes of your mimetic weapon, but rather hardness that reduces energy damage.

The red flame thrower bursts flames at Favian, who ducks underneath it. The yellow one gusts flame at Aeris who is less lucky.

Lastly the huge crystal creature slams inito Clandelve with two massive fists.

Status: Round 3, bold may post, Auras of courage and resolve if near Silias ; Bless active
Clandelve - 41 damage (41)
Aeris (sacred armor) 27 damage
Favian
Herrick
Silias
Caduceus

end of round stuff
Crystal giant 2 damage
Red flame thrower 28 damage

rolls:

touch attack Favian: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
touch attack Aeris: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
attack #1 on Clan: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
attack #2 on Clan: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
fire damage, Aeris: 6d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 6, 5, 6) + 1 = 27
damage, Clan: 4d10 + 14 ⇒ (7, 5, 8, 7) + 14 = 41

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 10 | HP 94/94 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +9; R +6; W +4 | CMB+14; CMD 27 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +19 (1d8+10/x3) | Perc +12

Clandelve reels under the massive weight of the construct's fists, but steps toward it, hoping to give as good as he received.

Each time attack hits a target, gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls against that target, which stacks with each hit against that target and lasts until the end of turn.[/ooc

+2 Warhammer (adamantine) (power attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 291d8 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
+2 Warhammer (adamantine) (power attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d8 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
+2 Spiked Light Shield (power attack): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
+2 Spiked Light Shield (power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
[ooc]Opponents hit with Shield Bash also hit with free bull rush attack, using attack roll +15. If bull rush succeeds, may make trip combat maneuver at end of bull rush. If hit, total of 44 for first bull rush attack.If hit, total of 27 for second bull rush attack.
trip combat maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
trip combat maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 68/68 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+9* R+9* W+12*| Init +13* | Perc +22 | Bane 14/14 | Liberation 9/9 |Freedom's Call 9/9 |Second Judgement 0/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:greater magic weapon(bow)

Seeing the flame throwers scorching his fellow pathfinders and the crystal giant brutally pummeling Clandelve, Herrick swiftly calls forth his judgements of Sacred Justice and Sacred Destruction. "I'll work on taking down the flame throwers and everyone else focus on the giant!"

With his bane versus constructs still in effect, he nocks another arrow and lets fly the first of three...

Adamantine durable(aiming for the inside so as not to loose it overboard)Judgements(+2/+3)heroism +2,PBS+1/+1,Ally Threatens(Coordinated Shot)+1,deadly aim -2/+4,bane+2/+2 +2d6, rapid shot -2
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 -> RedFlamethrower
Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 12 + (3, 4) = 23
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 -> RedFlamethrower/unless it falls after first shot, then move to second flamethrower.(-1/-1 no PBS, unless I can 5'step after 1st shot)
Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 12 + (1, 3) = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 -> YellowFlamethrower/unless red is still up(add in +1/+1 if PBS)
Damage: 1d8 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 11 + (3, 2) = 22

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 10 - HP 73/73|AC 30, T 25, FF 17|F:+10,R:+12,W:+8 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 32 FCMD: 19|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +14 Desmond HP 36/36
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (12/12)
GM Aerondor wrote:
@Favian The turrets dont have resist energy as such for the purposes of your mimetic weapon, but rather hardness that reduces energy damage.

Hmm, maybe I was remembering a different edition of the game, and I couldn't find anything conclusive to say how it should work one way or another. I had assumed that being called "extra" damage meant you added up all the damage then applied hardness (since it's all part of a single attack) rather than doubling (or in this case tripling) up on the hardness.

I guess I'll try some knowledge rolls for now and decide on an action based on the results. Assuming they are all constructs.

Knowledge (arcana) vs turrets: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Knowledge (arcana) vs giant: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 68/68 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+9* R+9* W+12*| Init +13* | Perc +22 | Bane 14/14 | Liberation 9/9 |Freedom's Call 9/9 |Second Judgement 0/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:greater magic weapon(bow)

The energy damage of a weapon is always separate from the weapon damage on a hit because one is energy damage and one is physical. Think of it like this: If you hit a monster with DR 5/slashing and Fire Resistance 10 with a flaming greatsword, the great sword bypasses the DR because it is slashing(the physical damage) but the fire resistance nullifies the fire damage(the energy damage). Hardness is really tough because it works vs physical and energy.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf Paladin 4 / Oracle 4 AC 23 {T:10/FF:23} HP 72/72 Init+0, Perception +2 / Fort +13, Reflex +7, Will +14

The link with his companions activates immediately. Unable to reach his teammates, the paladin rushes to the base of the stairs and looses a small burst of healing energy.

Selective Pally Channel (us only): 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) = 10

All things healing:

~Life Linked~
Herrick 53/53
Favian 59/59 (Desmond 29/29)
Clandelve 59/85
Aeris 41/53

Not 'Linked'
Silas 86/86

Caduceus 72/72

Oracle Channel 7/7 @ 4d6 remaining
Pally Channel 8/9 @ 3d6 remaining
Pally LoH 12/12 @ 4d6(5d6) remaining

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Paladin 8 | AC: 25/11/24 (22/11/21 without shield) | HP: 86/86 | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F +13, R +7, W +10 | Perc +4 | Init +1
Attack:
Gamin +13/+7 (1d8+12/19-20), +4 (+8) smite evil

Silas draws his sword. Flames leap out of the scabbard as the sword leaves it; the entire length of the blade is encased in heatless fire. "In Iomedae's holy name, I smite you!"

Using Smite Evil on the probably-not-evil crystal giant. But if it is, +4 to attack and +8 to damage.
Longsword swing: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 68/68 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+9* R+9* W+12*| Init +13* | Perc +22 | Bane 14/14 | Liberation 9/9 |Freedom's Call 9/9 |Second Judgement 0/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:greater magic weapon(bow)

"Flank the giant my friends! Give yourselves some advantage and make room for the backfield to move in and help you." Herrick shouts to his team!

1 to 50 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 00-20 King Xeros of Old Azlant (7-11) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.