Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 00-16 To Scale the Dragon (5-9) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map

Dog Sledding:

There is one person in charge (the musher), who uses handle animal skill to control the sled. Each sled can also carry one other passenger.

Mushers have three actions they can perform.
Mush
Mush speeds up the sled as a move action. Handle Animal DC 12 increases the speed by +1 increment.

Break
Break slows the sled down as a move action. Handle Animal DC 12 decreases the speed by –1 increment. As a fullround action, the musher can also attempt a full stop with a successful DC 20 Handle Animal check. The sled still moves its maximum distance for that round, however at the end of the round the sled’s movement is 0.

Maneuver
Turn
Turn allows a musher to alter the direction of the sled within about 60 degrees to either side of the direction it is traveling. The Handle Animal skill check DC is 10 + 1 per every 5 degrees turned. Sleds moving faster than 5 increments risk tipping over. If a driver attempting a high-speed-turn fails the Handle Animal check by more than 10, the dogs maneuver erratically, causing the sled to tip over.

Slam
An attacker whose sled is parallel to his target can drive his sled into his opponent’s as a slam attack. A DC 18 Strength check in order to muscle the sled into a quick, violent turn that deals 2d6 damage to the sled and knocks it off course, changing its direction by 30 degrees. The musher of the targeted sled must then make a Handle Animal check (DC 10 + damage to regain control of his sled) or he loses his next action. If a slam attack deals more than 10 points of damage, the targeted sled flips

Grapple
Following a successful slam attack, riders within either sled can attempt to grapple the opponent’s sled, or individuals on the sled. This requires a melee touch attack, either against the sled (AC 8) or an individual within reach. All individuals in a moving sled are considered flat-footed. At the start of the next round, grappled sleds make opposed Handle Animal checks to see who controls the movement of both sleds. Individuals on either sled then attack as determined by initiative. They can attempt any partial combat maneuver they so desire (including a move action to climb into the other sled), provided they first make a successful DC 14 acrobatics
check. Anyone failing the check is thrown from the sled.

Regardless, the musher must remain at the reigns of the sled or the sled goes out of control, traveling in the direction it was before the loss of the musher for 1d4 rounds before tipping over and crashing.

Executing the Break maneuver during a grapple always causes one of the grappled sleds to flip, 50% chance for either

init:

[dice=Rogar]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Rocky]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Pierre]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Pittbull]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Hakime]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Kor]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=baddies]1d20+0[/dice]

Chronicles


251 to 300 of 301 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

Pitbull and Asbo run over to lock down the sled (both double moving = 80')

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Rocky sends yet another Musher flying while Pittbull and Asbo rush over to join in the fun.

Status, bless in effect, bold may post
Pierre - 3 damage
Rogar -
Kor -

Red - Musher dead
Red - Passenger
Purple - Musher dead
Purple - Passenger
Blue - Musher dead
Blue - passenger dead
Green - Musher down
Green - Passenger staggered
Hakime - 15 damage;
Pitbull - 14 damage ;
Asbo (Owlbear) -
Rocky - 3 damage , barkskin, heroism

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Aasimar Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 11 | HP 75/92 | AC 27 T 13 FF 26 | CMB +14, CMD 30 | F: +16, R: +11, W: +12 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30/20ft (flying) | Active conditions: None.

Stepping up to the last Musher/passenger of the sled he takes 2 swings at him

Attack 1, bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 = 14
damage attack 1: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Attack 2, bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
damage attack 1: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 08 HP -84/84 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +11 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +14 - CMD +28(32) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Rogar moves near the man threatening Akime:"Where are your manners? Let the lady ALONE!" he says sending his blade towards his skull...

Power attack roll: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 1 = 28 -> Damage roll: 2d6 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 12 + 6 = 21

Silver Crusade

Human (Taldan) Mediator 6 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 20 | T: 11 | FF: 19 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +6 | Will: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1st - 4/4+1 ; 2nd - 4/4+1 ; 3rd - 1/3+0 ; Channel (DC 19): 6/7 ; Touch of Glory (+8): 5/6

Pierre moves closer to the melee, seeing that Kor doesn't seem to need help.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Kor trades blows with the man to the north, but can't quite seem to land any.

Rogar has no such issues, cutting the man in red's arm from his body.

Seeing his allies falling left right and centre, the man facing Kor flees.

Kor can make an AOO against him

The badly wounded man to the south drops his weapon and surrenders.
Combat effectively over

Status, bless in effect,
Pierre - 3 damage
Rogar -
Kor - May make AOO if you wish
Hakime - 15 damage;
Pitbull - 14 damage ;
Asbo (Owlbear) -
Rocky - 3 damage , barkskin, heroism

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

"Ha let them run" Pitbull chuckles with a voice like rough gravel "Looks like they came to give us some sleds for the trip home" she remarks as she starts pulling bodies off and dumping them in the snow.

Silver Crusade

hp 34/36; AC 22 (20, ff18, t18); saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 3; folio reroll 1/1 | qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

"If we can get down with them intact, that would be great... let's do it!" Hakime turns to the one who surrendered, picks up his weapon and pitches it into one of the sleds... "You may run now. GO!" If he doesn't understand her speaking common, she'll wave him away.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 08 HP -84/84 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +11 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +14 - CMD +28(32) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

"... Whatever... Don't we want to know who they are and why they attackjed us?" comments Rogar waving for the man to leave.

"Be careful!" he shouts as the man departs "These mountains are crawling with apemen and burning hot snow worms..."

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

"Thieves and brigands abound up here, but that seemed organised... hang on" Pitbull starts rifling the pockets of the fallen for any valuables or identifying features.

Silver Crusade

Human (Taldan) Mediator 6 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 20 | T: 11 | FF: 19 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +6 | Will: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1st - 4/4+1 ; 2nd - 4/4+1 ; 3rd - 1/3+0 ; Channel (DC 19): 6/7 ; Touch of Glory (+8): 5/6

Pierre makes sign to his companions to come over and channels energy to heal them.

Channel: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) + 1 = 13 For everyone.

Pierre goes towards the last opponent not fleeing or dead and tries to speak to him. "You call mercy and you shall have it, you have my word. Please, tell us why you attacked us."

As he speaks, the cleric begins to glow.

Diplomacy, Touch of Glory: 1d20 + 23 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 23 + 8 = 44

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The man who surrendered is in no condition to run. On closer examination he turns out to be a she. Not that she is in any condition to run.

The fallen have good equipment. Masterwork items in general, several made of special substances (such as silver). You also find (apart from normal coins) a bronze coin on each person (apart from the woman).

The woman looks to Pierre. "Orders. " she says, shrugging.

She points to one of thee bodies. "He wanted some bones"

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

Ahhh Bronze coin has a snake stamped on it?

"Oh well, Pierre says you get mercy, so get on the sled and shuddup unless asked a question and make no funny moves. Otherwise Asbo will be feeding on fresh meat" Pitbull points at the Owlbear.

The Owlbear

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 7 | AC 21 | T 20 | FF 18 | HP: 60/60 | CMD 33+ | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perception +20 | Ki 9/9 SF 7/7

"You don't strike me as the suicidal type. How good are you at driving these sleds?"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Yeap, Aspis agents, all of them.

The woman climbs aboard a sled, very slowly.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Aasimar Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 11 | HP 75/92 | AC 27 T 13 FF 26 | CMB +14, CMD 30 | F: +16, R: +11, W: +12 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30/20ft (flying) | Active conditions: None.

Seeing the man flee he gives a mere shrug before turning his attention to the woman, listening to the exchange he nods before taking the reins of one of the sleds, motioning to whoeever wants to take a seat and get ready to move out.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Not sure if Rocky was talking to the woman, but if so

"I can't drive them. That is what the mushers were for." she explains.

On the body pointed out by the woman, Pitbull also finds a note in some type of a code. Hidden in the seam of the fallen figures cloak she finds another coin, this one silver.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 7 | AC 21 | T 20 | FF 18 | HP: 60/60 | CMD 33+ | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perception +20 | Ki 9/9 SF 7/7

"A pity. You'll note we were walking. Let's hope the trip back will be smoother."

Rocky hops into the back of one of the sleds.

Silver Crusade

hp 34/36; AC 22 (20, ff18, t18); saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 3; folio reroll 1/1 | qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

Hakime will get in Kor's sled again... feeling relatively useless, since she can't help with the sled or the dogs.

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

"Oh well, we can crack the code, and that is what's left of the boss" Pitbull gets back to driving a sleigh, happier not to be on foot still, but wary of the curves corners (and bridges) encountered on the way up.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Aasimar Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 11 | HP 75/92 | AC 27 T 13 FF 26 | CMB +14, CMD 30 | F: +16, R: +11, W: +12 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30/20ft (flying) | Active conditions: None.

Once everyone was seated and comfortable he would mush the pack of sleddogs (or something else) to take them down the road they came from.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The trip continues down the mountain. There are a few more hairy moments, but the tired team manages to come through okay. All the way down the sound of drums echo off the mountains around you. Occasion smoke signals are also spotted.

As you approach Cania’s Drop you spot gouts of thick black smoke smearing angrily across the pale sky and smell the scent of burning wood.

The waystation is under siege and its roof is burning. It's brave men rush out. Their clothes aflame, they drop and roll in the snow only to meet with the vicious fangs and claws of waiting beastmen.

We are reusing a map. But each square is 5'. the "Cairn" is the waystation and the Taer on the map are those not engaged at the moment by the defenders. This group is round the back from the main entrance and trying to set further fires.

Behind the burning waystation the sun is going down, adding a dramatic red flare to the sky.

Status, bold may post
Pierre -
Rogar -
Kor -
Hakime - 12 damage;
Pitbull - 1 damage ;
Asbo (Owlbear) -
Rocky -

Taer

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 7 | AC 21 | T 20 | FF 18 | HP: 60/60 | CMD 33+ | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perception +20 | Ki 9/9 SF 7/7

Time since last fight?

Silver Crusade

hp 34/36; AC 22 (20, ff18, t18); saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 3; folio reroll 1/1 | qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

there was a 13 point channel earlier here... Hakime should be at -2 now (was at 16 hp, 13 healed takes her to 29, which is 2 off her maximum.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 08 HP -84/84 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +11 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +14 - CMD +28(32) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Rogar looks at the woman, somehow concerned:"Maybe you can help us crack the code... it could mean the difference between being left here to freeze and be brought back safely. I know I'll vouch for you if you help us" he says.

"Never let a lady get hurt, no matter if she deserves it"

After the party moves back to the waystation Rogar unsheates his sword and moves towards the enemy!

Double move

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

[ooc]Looks like I didn't edit the hp correctly, yes Hakime should be on two. Time passed, a few hours since the last encounter. hour/level buffs will still be up, shorter ones not.

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Aasimar Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 11 | HP 75/92 | AC 27 T 13 FF 26 | CMB +14, CMD 30 | F: +16, R: +11, W: +12 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30/20ft (flying) | Active conditions: None.

Seeing the onslaught happening he regards Hakime for a moment before mushing the sled to go quicker. "Unleash hell, be ready to get for cover, we are going in..."

Handle animal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Not sure about the movement speed for the sled...

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

"Urgh, a bigger fire than I had in mind to warm myself beside, but I not complainging about the entertainment" smiles Pitbull as she pulls her falchion and urges Asbo to follow her in the fray... the pair move up ready for a fight.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 7 | AC 21 | T 20 | FF 18 | HP: 60/60 | CMD 33+ | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perception +20 | Ki 9/9 SF 7/7

swift action Dragon Style then double move.

"If any of you want to surrender or better yet help us put out these fires it will save you a lot of pain."

Silver Crusade

hp 34/36; AC 22 (20, ff18, t18); saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 3; folio reroll 1/1 | qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

When the sled moves in, Hakime hops off and takes a single shot at one of the beastmen... (not sure how far the sled went, but taking a guess at 30, though dogs move faster without a sled, I figure 30 was fair for with the sled, if not, move her back a little... but still outside the 30' point blank range regardless)

to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
dmg if hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Leave them alone!" she cries out to the beastmen, not even sure if they can understand her.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

I'm assuming you are desledded now, so no need to stop as such

Pittbull, Asbo and Rocky close the distance to the beastmen.

Hakime closes a little and snaps off a shot.

Status, bold may post
Pierre -
Rogar -
Kor -

Taer
- pink 6 damage
Hakime - 2 damage;
Pitbull - 1 damage ;
Asbo (Owlbear) -
Rocky -

Remember these guys stink. fort DC 13 save if you get within 10' or you are sickened. One save per creature

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Aasimar Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 11 | HP 75/92 | AC 27 T 13 FF 26 | CMB +14, CMD 30 | F: +16, R: +11, W: +12 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30/20ft (flying) | Active conditions: None.

Kor didn't desled right away, he got himself and Hakime in close and then most likely stopped 10" out of the creatures or so... Will move Kor to represent that (see my previous post, I didn't move kor since I wasn't sure about the distance the sled could move)

Being close enough the Aasimar Paladin moves to the nearest of the creatures and takes a swing with the No-Dachi

Fortitude (DC13): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

I'm guessing as they force us to reuse the same map, the desledding is still required a short distance from the waystation. Maybe not enough snow to run smoothly that close. To compensate I've upped the scale to 5' which helps with icon sizes being reasonable

Kor slams his blade into the biggest one. It stands firm against the blow, though obviously hurt..

Status, bold may post
Pierre -
Rogar -

Taer
- pink 6 damage
- black 20 damage
Hakime - 2 damage;
Pitbull - 1 damage ;
Asbo (Owlbear) -
Rocky -
Kor -

Silver Crusade

Human (Taldan) Mediator 6 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 20 | T: 11 | FF: 19 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +6 | Will: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1st - 4/4+1 ; 2nd - 4/4+1 ; 3rd - 1/3+0 ; Channel (DC 19): 6/7 ; Touch of Glory (+8): 5/6

Pierre moves as quickly as he can to join the others.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 08 HP -84/84 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +11 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +14 - CMD +28(32) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Rogar runs towards the fray weapon ready

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Pierre and Rogar close in on the fight.

The black furred Taer raps into Kor with a vengeance. His defences mostly hold, but not entirely..
attacks: 3d20 ⇒ (14, 10, 17) = 41
damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Two others close in on the knight, trying to finish him off quickly.
attacks: 2d20 ⇒ (10, 3) = 13
But can't get past his armor and shield.

Another charges Asbo
attack: 1d20 ⇒ 19
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

While the last intercepts Rocky.
attack: 1d20 ⇒ 14
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The station continues to burn
burn: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) = 8

The stink of so many of the creatures is almost overwhelming.

Status, bold may post
Hakime - 2 damage;
Pitbull - 1 damage ; 4 fort saves DC 13
Asbo (Owlbear) -5 damage 2 fort saves DC 13
Rocky - 6 damage- 3 fort saves DC 13
Kor - 7 damage (saved vs black) 3 fort saves DC 13
Pierre -
Rogar -

Taer
- pink 6 damage
- black 20 damage
- Waystation 8

Fort saves give the sickened condition if you fail

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 7 | AC 21 | T 20 | FF 18 | HP: 60/60 | CMD 33+ | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perception +20 | Ki 9/9 SF 7/7

fort save DC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
fort save DC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
fort save DC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
"Violence it is. Your stench won't protect you."

Rocky will full attack including using a swift action to spend a ki for a 3rd attack. If blue goes down before the 3rd attack he'll take a 5ft step to green and continue his attacks attempting stunning fist DC 16 Fort.

unarmed strike#1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 for magic non-lethal: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

unarmed strike#2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 for magic non-lethal: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

unarmed strike#2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 for magic non-lethal: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Aasimar Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 11 | HP 75/92 | AC 27 T 13 FF 26 | CMB +14, CMD 30 | F: +16, R: +11, W: +12 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30/20ft (flying) | Active conditions: None.

Fort save (DC13): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Fort save (DC13): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Fort save (DC13): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

No idea why I am rolling as I will pass them even with a 1 :P

Seeing the creatures and piercing his skin with the briefest of attacks he returns the favor and attacks the one bleeding twice (should he fall then the next one will be attacked) "Foul creatures, you are nothing before the might of Ragathiel, BEGONE!!!" After the 2 attacks he will step out of the flank and prepare flank for whoever is approaching.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

Asbo moves in to flank off Kor'Sarro.

Fort 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Fort 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Poor Owlbear not liking the smell!

The Owlbear starts beating on them...

vs Red
PA/Flank/Sick
Bite 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 30
Damage 1d6 + 6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 - 2 = 9
Crit? 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 16
Add Damage 1d6 + 6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 4 - 2 = 13

Claw 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 28
Damage 1d4 + 6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 - 2 = 9

Claw 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 - 2 = 12

If red dies during that sequence, remaining shots on Black, but without the flanking bonus

Pitbull strides into combat too, rejoicing at the opportunity for mass carnage.
Fort 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Fort 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Fort 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Fort 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Melee – +1 Keen Silversheen Falchion +13/+8 (2d4+7/18-20x2)

Green
PA/FF
Attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage 2d4 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 + 9 = 20

Attack 1d20 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 3 = 22
Damage 2d4 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 + 9 = 21
Crit? 1d20 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 3 = 6
Add Damage 2d4 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 + 9 = 20

If green diied, swap to blue

Silver Crusade

hp 34/36; AC 22 (20, ff18, t18); saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 3; folio reroll 1/1 | qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

Hakime fires a flurry of arrows at pink.

to hit: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 22
dmg if hits: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

to hit: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 19
dmg if hits: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 08 HP -84/84 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +11 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +14 - CMD +28(32) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Rogar charges the nearest creature putting all of his might in the blow as he strikes...

Power Attack Roll: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 = 21 -> Damage roll: 2d6 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 12 + 6 = 26

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Rocky flattens the blue creature, and then steps up and puts the hurt on the green one too.

Kor slashes at the big black furred one. Fur flies but it stays standing. His backswing however deals with in finally.

Asbo makes it clear he doesn't like the smell by ripping the red furred creature pretty much in two. Just for good measure it then does the same to the pink one.

Hakime drills two arrows into the last one standing, which Rogar then finishes off.

Combat over

The defenders of the waystation put to flight the remaining attackers and then everyone works together to help put out the fire.

The mountain men, each a hard individual in their own right, are extremely grateful for your aid against the attack, and offer you a few days rest in their small settlement while you recover from the exertions of your trip.

Status,
Hakime - 2 damage;
Pitbull - 1 damage ; 4 fort saves DC 13
Pierre -
Rogar -
- Waystation 8
Rocky - 6 damage-
Kor - 7 damage (saved vs black) 3 fort saves DC 13
Asbo (Owlbear) -5 damage; sickened

Fort saves give the sickened condition if you fail

Liberty's Edge

Male LG Aasimar Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 11 | HP 75/92 | AC 27 T 13 FF 26 | CMB +14, CMD 30 | F: +16, R: +11, W: +12 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30/20ft (flying) | Active conditions: None.

My fort saves were made in my post, as said, useless for me since I have a fort 13 :)

Seeing combat being over this quick he asseses the situation and lends a help for putting down the fire. With everything being done he ensures the prisoner is taken care off before relaxing for a bit.

Silver Crusade

hp 34/36; AC 22 (20, ff18, t18); saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 3; folio reroll 1/1 | qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

Hakime helps with fire abatement as best she can... throwing snow on the flames and embers, or whatever she can do. When all is done, she'll hadn out some healing as needed, laying on hands until her daily uses are gone...

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 7 | AC 21 | T 20 | FF 18 | HP: 60/60 | CMD 33+ | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perception +20 | Ki 9/9 SF 7/7

Note the blue one is still alive if we need to ask them questions.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 08 HP -84/84 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +11 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +14 - CMD +28(32) - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - DR 2/-

Rogar helps as well putting out all the remaining fires. Aftr the outpost is saved he smiles broadly despite being covered in soot and exclaims:"Well done everyone! I guess we've earned a few rounds of beers... on the house of course!"

Silver Crusade

Human (Taldan) Mediator 6 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 20 | T: 11 | FF: 19 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +6 | Will: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1st - 4/4+1 ; 2nd - 4/4+1 ; 3rd - 1/3+0 ; Channel (DC 19): 6/7 ; Touch of Glory (+8): 5/6

Pierre eventually arrives and offers to channel any wounds.

"Indeed, well done, companions. This mission went smoother than I expected."

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

You spend a couple of days resting up and healing and then head further down the mountain.

Sure enough, once you hit the woodline, you see a fire with the familiar figure of Osprey sitting at it watching the logs spit and crackle.

"Did you manage to get the bones?" he asks.

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3
Kor'sarro Khan wrote:
My fort saves were made in my post, as said, useless for me since I have a fort 13 :)

And yet I managed to roll a 1 every time... which meets the DC but is an auto fail :p

***

"Good adventure, I liked it. Yuo all fought well!"

***

"Yeah we got your bones" Pitbull shoves forward the bones.

Silver Crusade

hp 34/36; AC 22 (20, ff18, t18); saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 3; folio reroll 1/1 | qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

i missed that we had a bit more rp'ing to do...

"Aye, as said, we did... now what?"

251 to 300 of 301 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 00-16 To Scale the Dragon (5-9) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.