Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 00-16 To Scale the Dragon (5-9) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map

Dog Sledding:

There is one person in charge (the musher), who uses handle animal skill to control the sled. Each sled can also carry one other passenger.

Mushers have three actions they can perform.
Mush
Mush speeds up the sled as a move action. Handle Animal DC 12 increases the speed by +1 increment.

Break
Break slows the sled down as a move action. Handle Animal DC 12 decreases the speed by –1 increment. As a fullround action, the musher can also attempt a full stop with a successful DC 20 Handle Animal check. The sled still moves its maximum distance for that round, however at the end of the round the sled’s movement is 0.

Maneuver
Turn
Turn allows a musher to alter the direction of the sled within about 60 degrees to either side of the direction it is traveling. The Handle Animal skill check DC is 10 + 1 per every 5 degrees turned. Sleds moving faster than 5 increments risk tipping over. If a driver attempting a high-speed-turn fails the Handle Animal check by more than 10, the dogs maneuver erratically, causing the sled to tip over.

Slam
An attacker whose sled is parallel to his target can drive his sled into his opponent’s as a slam attack. A DC 18 Strength check in order to muscle the sled into a quick, violent turn that deals 2d6 damage to the sled and knocks it off course, changing its direction by 30 degrees. The musher of the targeted sled must then make a Handle Animal check (DC 10 + damage to regain control of his sled) or he loses his next action. If a slam attack deals more than 10 points of damage, the targeted sled flips

Grapple
Following a successful slam attack, riders within either sled can attempt to grapple the opponent’s sled, or individuals on the sled. This requires a melee touch attack, either against the sled (AC 8) or an individual within reach. All individuals in a moving sled are considered flat-footed. At the start of the next round, grappled sleds make opposed Handle Animal checks to see who controls the movement of both sleds. Individuals on either sled then attack as determined by initiative. They can attempt any partial combat maneuver they so desire (including a move action to climb into the other sled), provided they first make a successful DC 14 acrobatics
check. Anyone failing the check is thrown from the sled.

Regardless, the musher must remain at the reigns of the sled or the sled goes out of control, traveling in the direction it was before the loss of the musher for 1d4 rounds before tipping over and crashing.

Executing the Break maneuver during a grapple always causes one of the grappled sleds to flip, 50% chance for either

init:

[dice=Rogar]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Rocky]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Pierre]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Pittbull]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Hakime]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Kor]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=baddies]1d20+0[/dice]

Chronicles


1 to 50 of 301 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Two weeks ago, Osprey showed up at the Grand Lodge in Absalom, his features shadowed by the long cowl of his heavy leather cloak, his unmistakable voice a sullen whisper of both mystery and urgency.

A grim shadow creeps over Absalom, one that threatens all of us. We know not its source or even its purpose, and need answers to secrets only known to the dead. Your task is one of great importance and urgency. You must retrieve the bones of the ancient mystic Amao from his cairn and bring them to me so our seers can contact his spirit. We need to contact him before these dark forces track his spirit down in the worlds beyond and devour him. Take extra care on this mission, for the Aspis Consortium also dearly desires these bones and their secrets. Amao’s bones rest in a cairn atop a mountain. Go to Cania’s Drop, a small waystation high in the Fog Peaks along the border of Southern Galt. There you will meet with an ex-Pathfinder named Rysam Aklon who will provide you with equipment and directions to Amao’s cairn. You shall hear from me again once you complete your mission, but for now may the gods speed you on your way.

Now, here in the foothills of a wintery southern Galt, bitter winds blister skin and numbness settles in to exposed extremities. While Absalom isn’t known for its sunshine, at least its foggy shores are more favorable than the bone brittling cold of the Fog Peaks. Before you lies your destination, a mountain waystation run by exiles and recluses.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 06 HP 58/58 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +9 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +11 - CMD +23 - Speed 20 - Init. +6

"Oh joy! One just comes back from the jungle and what does the Society do? It sends him to fetch the bones of some dead hermit up into the Fog Peaks... and on the wrong side of the border too!" mumbles Rogar while rubbing his hands together and breathing on them, trying to keep them warm in the freezing cold.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 17 | HP: 38/44 | CMD 29+ | Fort +7 | Ref +8 | Will +7+ | Init +2 | Perception +12 | Ki 4/7 SF 2/5

You see before you a sight that combines ugly and beauty. A short burly humanoid of ugly brown colors and craggy features. However his skin appears to be polished like smooth glass. He has been called "The Shiny Turd" but not to his face.

At his side is a large 3 sectioned staff and on his back is a rather complicated looking weapon. (Monks Spade)

"I look forward to the mountains. Though not to the cold. Will we need protection?"

Silver Crusade

Human (Taldan) Mediator 6 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 20 | T: 11 | FF: 19 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +6 | Will: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1st - 4/4+1 ; 2nd - 4/4+1 ; 3rd - 1/3+0 ; Channel (DC 19): 6/7 ; Touch of Glory (+8): 5/6

Ah, how charming! I almost missed these flashback mission briefings of Season 0 and 1. ^^

A tall and skinny man looking pretty old stands in the briefing's room as well. His eyes are piercing and seem to judge anyone they encounter.
He's dressed in breastplate and wears a small book hanging from a necklace. This book bears the inscription "Arodenite institution" and the holy symbol of Iomedae. With a wide grin, he wrinkles his eyes and says with a calm voice. "Galt? Strange place to send pathfinders. I suppose we'll give the sage a proper burial afterwards." he says, frowning.

He then coughs lightly and turns himself towards the others. "I apologize, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Pierre Viret, holy servant of the glorious Iomedae. If we need to fight, I admit that I'll prefer any non-violent solution. You can rely on me for the talking, though."

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

The broad-shouldered young woman is unmistakenly half-orcish, the human side has given her a more gentle face - almost handsome, but her bearing and manner appear to have been gifted by the orcs, her black flinty eyes appear as hard as coffin nails and her voice rough and gravelly, her greenish skin is tinged with blue in the cold.

Her armour is of mottled hues of rust red, dark greys, and black. All of her equipment looks to be in good repair and well maintained - though of an unpleasant and orcish design driven by pure utilitarianism, the only dash of colour being a subdued Chelish emblem in blood red on the shoulder of her jerkin.

By her side is a man-sized owlbear on a strong leather leash, the owlbear wears protective leather barding of a similar hue to the half-orc, but the armour is embedded with sharp spikes that look like they'd be vicious in a grapple.

Both the half-orc and the owlbear carry packs and you can see an assortment of survival gear, ropes, grapples, a mining pick and the like.

"Climb the mountain, get the bones, get down. Better than last time in Irrisen. Cold weather, cold people."

"I'm Pitbull, I be your guide today. Asbo here -" she points to the owlbear "will follow behind me and you will follow behind Asbo. Don't move off any trail I mark as we go over the mountain, and don't go running off in front of us when any enemies appear. I guided through the Mwangi, tracked across Irrisen ice, fought Yeti in the snowy mountains of Tian Xa, and not got anyone killed caving in an extra planar crystal cave system. Good record so far, not lot a person along the way, except those that got hacked to death by our enemies, bit that not my fult. So stick where I need ya, and don't go about needing rescuing" she goes back to surly looks as she examines the mountains in the distance and checks her gear.

Pitbull goes over anything she knows about this set of ranges and the local area...
Know Geo 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Know Loc 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Pitbull:

Cania’s Drop is one of several dozen waystations erected in the Fog Peaks highlands, a wild expanse of rock and glaciers that creates a craggy border between southern Galt and northern Taldor.

Situated to provide aid to travelers and keep watch over the surrounding lands, these stations are manned by outcasts, exiles, former criminals, and others who simply seek isolation or penance.

Some willfully volunteer for the position, but for others it serves as a punishment. Cania’s Drop is run by Rysam Aklon, an ex-Pathfinder serving a self-imposed penance for murder.

Pitbull knows that the waystation is at altitude and some people may run into issues with that. And the Dragon goes higher yet.

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

With her gear checked, the Half Orc wanders over and starts drawing in the snow.

"This the Fog Peak Highlands" she grunts as she gestures over the outline of a range of mountains "Here is Cania's Drop" she stabs down at a point on the mountain drawing, and then points in the direction of the way station "full of outcasts, exiles, former prisoners, that sort of thing" she pauses as she tucks away her Chelish symbol "and this one run by Rysam Aklon, an ex-Pathfinder serving a self-imposed penance for murder".

"Several dozen of those waystations up here, so I suppose that makes things a bit safer, at least until we get high. The waystation is up in high altitude, if you not used to it, you might have problem. Where we need to go is higher again. If you start getting sick or too cold then you need to say so and say early"

As we are going off to heights and cold, "back in town" Pitbull will insist on every person having Cold Weather gear, a climbers kit, cleats, snowshoes and a blackfire clay (a bit over 100gp the lot). She will also buy a Wand of Endure Elements for 2PP.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 17 | HP: 38/44 | CMD 29+ | Fort +7 | Ref +8 | Will +7+ | Init +2 | Perception +12 | Ki 4/7 SF 2/5

"All good advice. I was born in the mountains but know little of wilderness survival."

Rocky will purchase Snowshoes (5gp 4lbs), Cleats (5gp 2lbs), and Blackfire clay (20gp 10lbs). He already has cold weather gear and will do without the climbers kit.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 06 HP 58/58 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +9 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +11 - CMD +23 - Speed 20 - Init. +6

"Seems like sensible choices. Very well I'll trust in your experience. How much for the whole package?" says Rogar deciding to follow Pitbull's advice.

Rogar already possesses a Cold Weather Outfit, so no need for that purchase

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

Cold weather gear 8, Climbers Kit 80, Cleats 5, snowshoes 5, Blackfire clay 20. So 118gp the lot. Anything you don't buy yourself, Pitbull will buy and loan out for the adventure. I suppose her next purchase is a bag of holding for the environmental costume changes!

COLD-WEATHER OUTFIT:

Price 8 gp; Weight 7 lbs.
This outfit is designed for mountaineering or hunting and traveling in icy climates. It includes a coat of wool or thick animal fur, a linen shirt, a wool cap, a heavy cloak, a heavy skirt or pants, and waterproof leather boots. In some regions, the outfit may be composed primarily of fur and animal pelts. This outfit grants a +5 circumstance bonus on Fortitude saving throws against exposure to cold weather.

CLEATS:

Price 5 gp; Weight 2 lbs.
Cleats reduce the penalty for walking over slick surfaces by 50%. For example, walking across ice normally costs 2 squares of movement (1 square plus a 1 square penalty) for every square of movement, but with cleats it costs only 1.5 squares for every square. Cleats cause damage to any type of finished flooring. They may supplement another outfit.

SNOWSHOES:

Price 5 gp; Weight 4 lbs.
These high-tension nets of rope or sinew in wooden frames are lashed to the feet to spread your weight across the snow, making you much less likely to break through the crust and rendering walking much easier. Snowshoes reduce the penalty for walking through heavy snow by 50%; for example, if moving through snow normally costs you 2 squares of movement (1 square plus a 1 square penalty) per square traveled, snowshoes reduce this cost to 1.5 squares per square traveled. Snowshoes may supplement another outfit.

BLACKFIRE CLAY:

Price 20 gp; Weight 10 lbs.
This pliant black clay is always pleasantly warm to the touch. Working blackfire clay in your hands for a full round causes the clay to grow much warmer, granting you a +4 alchemical bonus on saving throws made to resist cold weather. You can combine five blocks of clay over the course of a minute to produce a source of warmth equivalent to a small campfire, allowing you to heat a campsite and cook food.
Blackfire clay only produces heat, never light, smoke, or odor. The clay emits warmth for 1 hour before hardening into an unusable lump. A newly created brick of blackfire clay is composed of 10 blocks.

CLIMBER'S KIT:

Price 80 gp; Weight 5 lbs.
These crampons, pitons, ropes, and other tools give you a +2 circumstance bonus on Climb checks.

Silver Crusade

Human (Taldan) Mediator 6 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 20 | T: 11 | FF: 19 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +6 | Will: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1st - 4/4+1 ; 2nd - 4/4+1 ; 3rd - 1/3+0 ; Channel (DC 19): 6/7 ; Touch of Glory (+8): 5/6

Pierre will buy Pitbull's list with a thanks. That's Cold weather gear 8, Climbers Kit 80, Cleats 5, snowshoes 5, Blackfire clay 20. 118gp.

Pierre is glad about the great enthusiasm for the adventure. "Well, well, it seems with have a most capable team! Just a notice: Iomedae has given me the strength to use stone with only my will. It might come handy."

I.e. I have stone shape memorized and it's almost always useful in the mountains *wink wink*

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

A Tiefling woman of indeterminate age enters into the Lodge, her bearing almost regal, but at the same time casual. She is unarmored but wearing elegant clothing that bears the form of fine tooled leather if not the function. Small horns grace the sides of her head and her eyes are quite odd, being blue on blue with pupils in the shape of hourglasses. She bears a finely made composite longbow bearing the symbol of Erastil inlaid in beautiful contrasting woods and ivory. Several quivers bristle with arrows. She also bears a longsword and mace, neither of which show much sign of use.

will also purchased cold weather gear package

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar (Angel-Kin) Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 9 | HP 76/76 | AC25 | T 12 | FF 24 | CMD 27 | Fort 14 | Ref 10 | Wil 10 | Init +2 | Smite 3/3 | LoH 9/9 | Perception +0 (Darkvision 60") | Intimidate +16 | Diplomacy +12

The soft clanking of metal could be heard as the Aasimar made his way into the Lodge. Dressed in full plate armor with a blue cloak to match it the regal features glaring at those present. With a slow move the hood was removed and golden eyes were seen, blonde platinum hair flowed from underneath the hood. Small markings could be seen on his armor (knowledge religion to determine what they are), giving each and everyone a brief nod he speaks up. "Lance Corporal Kor'sarro Khan at your service..." He didn't elaborate on anything more unless pressed for questions. There was something intimidating about him that spoke for him, but also something otherworldly good. On his back there was a large Nodachi that had the symbols over his armor engraved in the hilt as well.

Will purchase the full cold weather package as well, will be added into the gear later on when I update the whole stat block when at home

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

know religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

you didn't list a dc but I bet a 7 isn't good enough, lol..

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar (Angel-Kin) Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 9 | HP 76/76 | AC25 | T 12 | FF 24 | CMD 27 | Fort 14 | Ref 10 | Wil 10 | Init +2 | Smite 3/3 | LoH 9/9 | Perception +0 (Darkvision 60") | Intimidate +16 | Diplomacy +12
Hakime wrote:

[dice=know religion]1d20+4

you didn't list a dc but I bet a 7 isn't good enough, lol..

I would say a dc 10 would be more then enough ;) but yeah, 7 is to low :P

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 17 | HP: 38/44 | CMD 29+ | Fort +7 | Ref +8 | Will +7+ | Init +2 | Perception +12 | Ki 4/7 SF 2/5

Rocky doesn't study religion too deeply but he likes to know which clerics are most likely to try and stab him in the back and which ones might heal him.

Take 10 on kn Religion for a 14. Probably not enough since it isn't one of the core Deities.

Noting the many weapons his companions carry, "I pity the poor bastards who try to hold up this group for pocket change."

During our travels Rocky encourages us to share with each other some basic knowledge of our abilities.

Rocky is an unchained monk. Fairly strong. Mostly fights unarmed. Enjoys fiddling with mechanical things including traps. And is complete rubbish at long range.

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

Pitbull laughs a harsh and guttural laugh at Rocky's comment - whilst it sounds a bit grating and vicious, her expression is that she finds the remark genuinely funny, she even smiles a bit as she goes about checking equipment and ensuring everything is in order.

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

"Well, stony-faced-one, I am Hakime and I'll take care of fighting at range while you close in on our foes... sound fair enough?" She smiles at Rocky and leans closer, speaking softly, "I work for the Pathfinder Society... What's pocket change?...With what they pay, I doubt I'll ever know!"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The Fog Peaks climb thousands of feet into the icy skies of eastern Golarion. In the harsh mountain environment rests an isolated waystation called Cania’s Drop.

Up here the air is thin, so please start off with a FORT check, DC 16 to avoid becoming fatigued. Bonus from Endurance or anything that helps with high altitude (but not cold specifically) apply

At the waystation you can spy a cabin with a small plume of smoke rising up in the cold air. Outside there are rows of sleeping sled dogs, curled up together for warmth in the deep snow. There are two or other other rugged mountain folk outside, each eyes up the pathfinder group with an angry, or maybe worried stare.

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar (Angel-Kin) Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 9 | HP 76/76 | AC25 | T 12 | FF 24 | CMD 27 | Fort 14 | Ref 10 | Wil 10 | Init +2 | Smite 3/3 | LoH 9/9 | Perception +0 (Darkvision 60") | Intimidate +16 | Diplomacy +12

Cold whisps of air slipped from his lips as he made his way effortless towards the waystation. Trusting pitbull with her as a guide he made some small talk, during the travel to the waystation he chuckled at the comment about them being robbed for pocket money, it would be an interesting thing to see happening to them.

When he spotted the mountain folk he pointed them out before wearily making his way towards them.

Fort save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 06 HP 58/58 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +9 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +11 - CMD +23 - Speed 20 - Init. +6

Fortitude check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Damn... I nver thought I would have been missing those serpent infested jungles in such a short amount of time..." mutters Rogar while climbing towards Cania's Drop. Once at the waystation he moves towards the people near the door:"'Evening folks! Nice time for climbing, eh?"

Diplomacy check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

Survival Skill only seems to relate to helping people with the cold and weather, does it do altitude as well?

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar (Angel-Kin) Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 9 | HP 76/76 | AC25 | T 12 | FF 24 | CMD 27 | Fort 14 | Ref 10 | Wil 10 | Init +2 | Smite 3/3 | LoH 9/9 | Perception +0 (Darkvision 60") | Intimidate +16 | Diplomacy +12

Turning his head towards Rogar for a brief moment he shook his head briefly. "Venture into the Gloomspires and this walk is like a vacation trip..."

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Nope, survival won't help with altitude.

Status
Hakime (ok)
Rogar (ok)
Kor (ok)
Rocky (still to save)
Pierre (still to save)
Pittbull (still to save)

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 17 | HP: 38/44 | CMD 29+ | Fort +7 | Ref +8 | Will +7+ | Init +2 | Perception +12 | Ki 4/7 SF 2/5

Fort save inc Mountain-Born: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28

"I have adventured in hell itself, The Plane of Air. This walk is indeed like a vacation. Not quite a trip home but it will do."

Sense motive on the rugged mountain folk.: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

Thanks, back from work - yay to have wifi again that wont eat pages

P Fort 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 4 = 18
Asbo 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Wow! Almost failed!

"The air not real friendly" Pitbull gives the odd cough but keeps putting one foot in front of another as Abso trails just behind her.

With the people in sight, Pitbull pulls her hood down a bit lower "Don't want those button-eyed idiots confusing me for full Orc and starting something dumb I had to finish, bad enough with the stupid pinkskins in Irrisen, now we got this lot of inbred ex-convict runaways hiding in a mountain" she grumbles to no one in particular.

Pitbull hangs back, trying to just resemble the help - but it's clear she isn't making many efforts to disguise the owlbear accompanying her.

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

Hakime wearily approaches the waystation, and pauses outside to address the mountain folk out in the cold. She keeps her hood up over her horns, small they might be, but they do tend to put some people off when seen. Unsure of what language they might speak, she tries common first, "It's very cold, and the air is so thin, making it seem even colder... why are you outside here, when there is obviously a fire and warmth inside?"

Silver Crusade

Human (Taldan) Mediator 6 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 20 | T: 11 | FF: 19 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +6 | Will: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1st - 4/4+1 ; 2nd - 4/4+1 ; 3rd - 1/3+0 ; Channel (DC 19): 6/7 ; Touch of Glory (+8): 5/6

Pierre sits and drinks from his cup, listening to the younger agents speak between themselves. He smiles. Iomedae, I may not be the most wise of men, I wish I could be younger again.

--------------------

"Wait no one has a spell to endure the elements?" says Pierre, as he seems to be exhausted by the walk, yet his goddess seems to overwatch the ascension.

Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

"The elements aren't the problem, it is the air. No air, no good"

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

"I have a wand to deal with the elements but it seems the altitude is more of a problem here than the cold... If anyone is suffering from the cold and finds it truly unbearable, I will use the wand before we start becoming too adversely affected. I don't want anyone to suffer unduly."

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar (Angel-Kin) Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 9 | HP 76/76 | AC25 | T 12 | FF 24 | CMD 27 | Fort 14 | Ref 10 | Wil 10 | Init +2 | Smite 3/3 | LoH 9/9 | Perception +0 (Darkvision 60") | Intimidate +16 | Diplomacy +12

He regarded his companions for a brief moment before shrugging. "Use the wand on others unless we get stuck in the Ice Age I should be fine with me being able to resist the cold..."

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Then men nod to the small talk made to them. "Gota chop some firewood, or inside will be as cold as outside.." one notes while a second just points to the view. "Can't see that inside."

A burly man emerges from the cabin. He has a shock of wild curly black hair, with strong, rough features that jut through his scraggly, unshorn beard. With ebon eyes gleaming beneath a low-sloped brow, and a demeanor burning bitter as the highland winds, he introduces himself

"Rysam Aklon. And who would you lot be?"

SM DC 15:

He looks wary, examining folk as if wondering if they might be familiar or perhaps law enforcement...

Status
Hakime
Rogar
Kor
Rocky
Pierre
Pittbull

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar (Angel-Kin) Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 9 | HP 76/76 | AC25 | T 12 | FF 24 | CMD 27 | Fort 14 | Ref 10 | Wil 10 | Init +2 | Smite 3/3 | LoH 9/9 | Perception +0 (Darkvision 60") | Intimidate +16 | Diplomacy +12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Removing the cloak from his head as he stepped forward in a way that indicated there was no harm coming from the Paladin he regarded the 3 man for a brief moment before turning his attention to Rysam and speaking up. "I am Kor'sarro Khan, We have been sent here to meet you Rysam, you are to provide us directions to Amao's Cairn..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

sm dc 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"No need to worry about us, good man," she says, despite not being convinced of the fellow's goodness yet. "We are just fellow travelers hoping to perhaps share the waystation for the night."

She will detect evil on the men there while she can.

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

SM 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 17

Pitbull notes the mans furtiveness, unsurprising considering he's a known murderer.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 06 HP 58/58 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +9 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +11 - CMD +23 - Speed 20 - Init. +6

Sense Moive check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"Rogar Valertis, pathfinder agent, and these are my companions, pathfinders as well" Rogar says nodding at the newcomer.

"You are running from the law, right? You look like the type" shrugs the fighter, apparently unconcerned with the man's reaction.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Oh there are a couple of evil aura's around. But they are all pretty weak ones. Nothing worse than Hakime sees on the streets and taverns of Absalom every day.

"I left the pathfinders. They left me high and dry. Suppose they want to call in a favour do they? Well, I think you should be wary of what they are asking you to do. City folk up here, you'll likely end up frozen solid or eaten by a beastman. But if it clears the slate, I'll provide you some directions and a bit of equipment."

He glares at Rogar. "Folk up here don't talk much about the past, might be best for you to remember that and keep it to yourself."

"Likely sending you to your deaths, but you can reach the cairn by traveling a snaking trail the ancients called Qi-Oamatok Pass, which loosely translates to the Winding Serpent. Locals simply refer to it as the Dragon."

He points to his cabin. "Best you rest up tonight and set off in the morning. I'll provide you some dogs."

He heads into the cabin, and shares his meal with you all. Over the meal you learn The Dragon bisects wild lands sacred to clans of primitive beastmen that roam the high snowy peaks.

The night passes within incident, but in the morning Rysam is good as his word, providing three dog teams and some small supplies, along with a map See the map link

He also provides a set of heavy furs for any who need it, and a large heavy pick.

Along with any other activities you want to do over night, you must pick who will be your mushers- the sled drivers. See the link above.

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

handle animal is trained only... does anyone have that skill?

@ Rysam: "Thank you for your hospitality and your kindness and your advice. I wish you well. We will take good care of your dogs and try to return them to you on the way back, if you will indeed still be here."

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar (Angel-Kin) Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 9 | HP 76/76 | AC25 | T 12 | FF 24 | CMD 27 | Fort 14 | Ref 10 | Wil 10 | Init +2 | Smite 3/3 | LoH 9/9 | Perception +0 (Darkvision 60") | Intimidate +16 | Diplomacy +12

welp... anyone feeling comfortable with a paladin in control of the sled?

Listening to Rysam he enjoyed the meal and contemplated on the warnings that were given. In the morning when they were shown the dogs he made his way to each sled and took in the dogs and mingled with them to see which team he was going to lead. Not feeling comfortable with the second sled he turned his head to the first and third one to take as his own. "I will take the first one, I don't care who will ride with me, but I am confident enough to take control of them..." Turning around he offered his hand to Rysam and thanked him for the warnings, lodging and the sleds. "Go well Rysam and take care of yourself..."

Going to see what team he will likes the best and take that sled
Handle Animal(Sled 1): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Handle Animal(Sled 2): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Handle Animal(Sled 3): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 06 HP 58/58 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +9 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +11 - CMD +23 - Speed 20 - Init. +6

"Abandoned by the Society? Seems like what the higher ups would do... I knew a man called Ven Lorovox once... he had a story much like yours... only he chose to do something about it... he's doing well for himself, all things considered, but I think by choosing the path he chose he lost every last scrap of honor he might have ever had. A sad story, truly, try not to follow his path" Rogar speaks the words carefully, every trace of bravado leaving his voice.

In the morning he follows the others to the sleds:"Not going to lie to you... I can't pilot one of these. Riding an horse is one thing but dogs are really not my style, sorry"

No handle animal and cha 07...

Dark Archive

Fave Terr&Enemy:
Favoured Enemy:Human +4/Outsider (Evil) +2/ Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival, Attk & Dmg. // Favoured Terrain:Urban+2 Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, Survival and Init.
1/2Orc HP:83/83, AC: 23/T:14/FF:20 - Percep: +14*(Dark Vision/Scent) F: +12/R: +9/W: +6 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 26, Speed: 40ft, Init: +6
Asbo:
HP:68/68, AC:24/T:13/FF:21 - Percep: +6(LLVision/Scent) F: +9/R: +9/W: +5 - CMB: +12 - CMD: 25, Speed: 40ft, Init: +3

Pitbull looks at the sleds and checks the dogs, though she's not the warmest person anyone ever met, she seems to get along ok with animals.
She listens intently at the description of the mountain and gets what info she feels she might need for the ascent.

In the morning she is keen to go, and be gone from this place.

Ranger can mush :)

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 17 | HP: 38/44 | CMD 29+ | Fort +7 | Ref +8 | Will +7+ | Init +2 | Perception +12 | Ki 4/7 SF 2/5

"I will ride with Pitbull. Should there be any trouble can anyone fire at ranged from a moving target?"

Rocky avoids the dogs if possible.

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

"Not sure about firing from a moving target, but I will do my best...I will ride with Kor'sarro... can anyone handle the third sled? Do we need to bring all three if no one can drive the third?"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

You can only fit two to a sled, so you need the third sled. Happy to have folk use handle animal untrained at a -2 for this purpose.

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar (Angel-Kin) Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 9 | HP 76/76 | AC25 | T 12 | FF 24 | CMD 27 | Fort 14 | Ref 10 | Wil 10 | Init +2 | Smite 3/3 | LoH 9/9 | Perception +0 (Darkvision 60") | Intimidate +16 | Diplomacy +12

giving a nod to Pitbull as he made sure Hakime was strapped in well before getting on the sled and the pack in order and see who the leader of them was. "Pitbull, you take the lead, you might be better versed for the way ahead and know how to go... your companion will be able to keep up with us? I will take the rear and the lesser experience team will be in the middle, this should hopefully work well for us and should provide the less experienced team with help when needed be..." Taking a finan look around him he regarded the Tiefling for a moment and grinned. "Ready for the ride?"

Silver Crusade

Human (Taldan) Mediator 6 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 20 | T: 11 | FF: 19 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +6 | Will: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed 20 ft.
Tracked resources:
Spells: 0 - 4 ; 1st - 4/4+1 ; 2nd - 4/4+1 ; 3rd - 1/3+0 ; Channel (DC 19): 6/7 ; Touch of Glory (+8): 5/6

I can try I suppose

Pierre scratches his head and look at the dogs. "Well, I guess that if you bond with them, it's easier to ask them favors..."

The cleric goes towards the dogs and tries to make them do tricks.

Handle Animal untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan) Fighter 06 HP 58/58 - AC: 27 (28* if adjacent to a single foe) /T: 14 /FF: 24 - Perception +2 - F: +9 / R: +6 /W: +7 - CMB +11 - CMD +23 - Speed 20 - Init. +6

"If you are sure..." an hesitant Rogar allows Pierre to take the lead with the sled.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The team sets out early the next morning in the frozen and thin high altitude air.

You start off going up "The Tail" which is flat, but rocky. A couple of times the sleds become unbalance and you find a need to slow down, but all in all it is good terrain to learn to control the dog teams in.

Next comes "The Haunches", a section of the route that has a steep incline. It's not too bad going up (unless you are the dogs), but you note that coming down might be difficult.

As you climb further you entire "The Spine", a sloping field of boulders. By this time it is mid morning and the weak sun shines sickly down upon you.

Okay, three Fort saves for everyone. Feel free to apply Endurance to this save and any other altitude (but not cold) based adjustments. DC 16,17 and 18. Failure leaves you fatigued. I also need a handle animal check from each of the mushers.

Grand Lodge

Male Oread Unchained Monk 5 | AC 20 | T 19 | FF 17 | HP: 38/44 | CMD 29+ | Fort +7 | Ref +8 | Will +7+ | Init +2 | Perception +12 | Ki 4/7 SF 2/5

"I understand simple games are played during long uneventful trips. I spy something that is white... On reflection such games are childish. Tell me Pittbull, Why did you become a Pathfinder?"

You note that Rocky is clearly uncomfortable on the sled and trying to distract himself.

Fort save DC 16: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18

Fort save DC 17: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25

Fort save DC 18: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22

1 to 50 of 301 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 00-16 To Scale the Dragon (5-9) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.