Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

PFC Scions of the sky key

Game Master Merisal The Risen


1 to 50 of 464 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

link to scions maps

You are in Nantambu a large city in the middle of the Mwangi expanse in the offices of Sharrowsmiths Exports which is also the location of the pathfinder lodge in the city.

Sharrowsmith ,the venture captain who runs the lodge , has not been heard from for some time and you wait outside his office with other pathfinders awaiting your mission briefing.

Feel free to introduce your characters

Scarab Sages

Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 2 - HP 17/17 - AC 11/T: 11/FF: 10 - Perception +8 - F: +2/ R: +1/ W: +3* - CMB: -1 - CMD: 10, Speed: 30, Init. +1

A well-dressed elf with neatly trimmed hair regards the team with cool dispassion, inclining his head slightly towards Ahmande in view of their racial bond. He awaits the pleasure of the Venture-Captain with little display of emotion.

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Elven Bard 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 (11 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

The two elves could hardly be more different, and yet remain kin. Ahmande wears a brightly-colored outfit that is little more than odd costume pieces thrown together in apparent haphazard fashion (though, together, they somehow form a remarkably pleasing whole). His hair is dyed bright green, though it's easy to see from different coloration at the roots and tips that this color probably changes with some frequency.

He carries a big smile and greeting into the room, offering a warm hug to Maranax and all others in the room or who join. Maranax's hug--if accepted--is fuller and held longer in recognition of their connection.

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 2 | Mods: (Shield 19/20) | HP: 12/12 | AC 14 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (15) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +4 (Forewarned) | Spells/Abilities tracked on Character Page | Perc: +2, SM: +0

A little lady bounds into the room, a smile breaking all over her face. She looks around in wonder at everyone. ”Oh My Gosh! I’m so excited to be here!” Her eyes grow wide as she looks around. Her smile retracts a little and her voice drops to a ‘serious’ tone, ”er... I mean, it is great to be here and I look forward to working with all of you professionally. I am Kaya Leafwing...” she trails off as she resumes gazing in wonder at everyone and everything. She is wearing a standard tan and grey exploring outfit with a backpack slung over her shoulders. A bright red scarf wrapped around her neck accentuates her auburn hair and pale skin.

When she sees the two disparate elves standing there she curtsies and speaks, ”Hei, olen iloinen voidessani tavata ja odottaa työskentelyä yhdessä.”

Elven:
”Hello, I am pleased to meet you and look forward to working together.”

She moves up to look closer at Ahmandé's outfit with an envious smile, "oh that is just so vibrant! I love it!

Sovereign Court

half orc Paladin / 2 | AC 18 {T:11/ FF:17} HP: 20/20 [ F:+7 / R:+5 / W:+6] Perception:+0 | Initiative: +1

A powerfully built orc enters the room and looks around. His scale mail and weapons are by no means 'high-quality', but do look as if they have seen recent use. He nods to those already gathered. "Name's Kord. Well met." is all he offers before finding a place to sit. He tests a few chairs, possibly for comfort, or just to make certain it doesn't wobble, before claiming it as his own.

Dark Archive

N Gnome Druid 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC (giants) 15 (19), Tch 12 (16), Fl 14 (18) | F: +4, R: +1, W: +5 (+7 vs. illusions) | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Low-Light, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft, Mounted 35 ft | Wolf HP 16/16, AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

A young female gnome stands before you with her comparatively large white wolf next to her. Her hair is long, fiery red, and pulled into a loose ponytail at the back of her head; the tail brushing her waist. Her skin is pink and a lighter hue of her hair. She wears a pair of red pants and a long-sleeved red tunic both slightly darker than the color of her hair. Her boots, gloves, and belt are golden in tone. Her wolf stares at the group with his piercing blue eyes.

Niza lowers her head in greeting to the two elves and smiles politely at Kaya. She strokes her wolf’s head. “Hello. I am Niza and this is my companion Albis.”

Sovereign Court

CN Half-Orc Bard (Core) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1; +1 vs Fear | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Perform 9/9 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

A tall, green skinned man joins the group. The large blade strapped to his back, next to a stringed instrument, and toned physique seem to be at odds with his demeanor. With a broad toothy smile, he nods to each of the party in turn before speaking.

"Gruk Williamson's the name
And spouting rhymes is my game.
Don't be so nervous
Society will preserve-us
Soon we head out to find me a dame."

Frowning a bit, as he finishes the dialogue, he furrows his brow a moment. 'Been too long....that wasn't good...I'll have to work on it'

Turning to Niza, he offers "Pleased to see you again, M'dear. Hope all is well. Any of you know where the VC went? Waiting seems to be the worst part."

Dark Archive

N Gnome Druid 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC (giants) 15 (19), Tch 12 (16), Fl 14 (18) | F: +4, R: +1, W: +5 (+7 vs. illusions) | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Low-Light, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft, Mounted 35 ft | Wolf HP 16/16, AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Niza smirks at Gruk. "Oh my dear, you shan't fear for the VC is surely near."


link to scions maps

The reputable merchant and ally of the Society Aya Allahe invites you through to one of the back rooms of Sharrowsmith’s Exports, where she paces back and forth nervously.

“I wish I had more to offer,” Allahe apologizes before even presenting what information she has. “Nieford Sharrowsmith never truly retired from being a Pathfinder, even after he started this business. I think, in his mind, he was still the young adventurer that hiked through jungles and fought off troglodyte tribes. Sharrowsmith’s attitude changed over the last few months—I think he was concerned for his legacy and how history would remember him. Would it be for his discoveries or for the export business that dominated his later years? The answer, I fear, was unpalatable."

“It was no surprise when he packed up and left on an expedition. But that was months ago, and neither the Society nor I have heard from him since. Sharrowsmith has never left for this long without leaving some word as to his status or sending rather demanding missives about business decisions while he was waist-deep in some jungle bog. When my own contacts failed to turn up any useful information, I had no recourse but to go through his private notes.” Allahe motions to the mess of documents scattered about the office.

“What caught my eye was this translated rubbing. It appears to be the most recent piece of a very large puzzle Sharrowsmith was researching and indicated that he may be somewhere in the Bandu Hills. Traders from Fort Bandu have confirmed that he paid the garrison a visit, but that’s where my trail ran cold. Something happened out there, and Praetor Sylien—Fort Bandu’s commander—refuses to correspond with me on the matter despite knowing how close Nieford and I are. All I received in response was that Nieford had ‘done enough damage for one lifetime,’ and that if I wanted to discuss the matter further I would need to go to Fort Bandu in person.” Exasperatedly, Allahe runs a hand across her forehead and turns her distant stare out the window. “I cannot shutter the business and travel hundreds of miles on the off chance that the praetor can help; the company would fall apart. I’m hoping that you will be able to go in my stead, speak with the praetor personally to learn what has befallen Sharrowsmith and help him return.”

tablet Aya referred to:

PLAYER HANDOUT #1: DWARVEN RUBBING
… a n d w i t h t hi s e n g r a vi n g, w e c o m mi t t o t h e hi s t o r i e s t h e
f o u n di n g o f a s h k u r h a ll. h e r e w e w ill s t r i k e t h e s t o n e i n
m e m o r y o f o u r a n c e s t o r s a n d t h e p r o mi s e o f t h e s k y t h a t
w a s t a k e n f r o m u s. s o f a r w e h a v e t r a v e l e d a n d s o l o n g
w e h a v e s o u g h t s t o n e t o c a ll o u r h o m e. i n t h e s h a d o w o f t h e m o u n t a i n t h e h u m a n s c a ll n a k y u k, w e w ill b uil d a n e w f u t u r e f o r. . .

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 2 | Mods: (Shield 19/20) | HP: 12/12 | AC 14 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (15) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +4 (Forewarned) | Spells/Abilities tracked on Character Page | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya greats Aya with a smile and 'hello' and follows her into the backroom, listening as she talks.

After Aya finishes, Kaya walks over to the desk and climbs up onto a chair to see the document referenced. If there is the original dwarven rubbing she will attempt to confirm the translation.

After perusing the documents a moment she asks Aya, "may we take this with us? She lets anyone else who wishes read the translation or look at the document.

Translation Options:
Kaya knows dwarven and this would be her first preference. If that fails, she will cast comprehend languages and try to overpower it with magics!

Sovereign Court

CN Half-Orc Bard (Core) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1; +1 vs Fear | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Perform 9/9 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Silently listening to the merchant describe her plight, Gruk contemplates the information for a moment. Turning to the druid he'd met previously, a sly smile over his face, he whispers "Seems you were wrong."

Turning back to Aya, more serious he inquires of her "Any reason we should expect this Praetor Sylien to give us trouble? What kinds of hazards should we be prepared for in this expedition? I don't suppose you plan on funding our travel to this fort of yours?"

Glancing at the nonsensical carving itself, Gruk turns to the translation, skimming the document. Over his shoulder, he adds "Do you happen to know what this puzzle of his was?"


link to scions maps

The engraving is not a puzzle the dwarven unwillingness to use proper spaces is the only issue. It reads

And with this engraving we commit to the histories the founding of Ashkurhall. Here we will strike the stone in memory of our ancestors and the promise of the sky that was taken from us. So far we have traveled and so long we have sought stone to call our home. In the shaow of the mountain the humans call Nakyuk we will build a new future for our

Aya answers Gruk “I know Praetor Sylien only by reputation. The grandson of an old elven explorer, he’s served the garrison for decades, though I hear he’s mostly retired now. My business associates say he is a fair and very pragmatic man, one who respects hard facts and truth. His being dismissive of my request sounds uncharacteristic.”

She then answers the second half of Gruks question "The Bandu Hills? Most importantly, it’s a dangerous place. This is true of much of the Expanse, but the Bandu Hills have a dozen ways to kill before accounting for living creatures: heat, dehydration, landslides, poisonous plants, carnivorous plants, and so on. Unfortunately, the place is sick with riches like diamonds, gold, and silver—an embarrassment of wealth that only attracts more dangerous occupants. I am surprised that Sharrowsmith didn’t settle down there, to be honest. However I can supply you with provisions for your trip you start by boat heading up river but there is some hiking towards the end"

know geography dc 10+:
Thanks to the rocky terrain and bright sun, the daytime temperature of the Bandu Hills can sometimes reaches lethal extremes. Fort Bandu is the only major settlement for miles, and serves to protect the prospectors in the region.

know geography same check dc 15+:
Regional threats include the often-hostile Bandu tribes, ghouls and groups of kobolds, goblins, and hobgoblins. The one of the highest points in the Bandu Hills is Mount Nakyuk, famed for the veins of gold under it several centuries ago.

know geography same check 20+:
Stories of ghoul activity in the Bandu Hills also include confused accounts of ghoullike creatures that scholars call festrogs—horrific flesh-eating undead that walk upright but run on all fours.

know local prof merch/miner 10+:
The Bandu Hills remain rich in gold, silver, and gems, despite several centuries of colonial mining. Prospectors arrive from throughout the Inner Sea region to seek their fortune. The local Mwangi tribes often retaliate violently.

know local prof merch/miner same check 15+ :
Most of the larger mining operations belong to the Deeptreasure Mining Company, which has dominated the local industry for nearly three centuries. Their onetime competitors, the Gold Crown Company, are now better known for shipping and export services.

know local prof merch/miner same check 20+:
Deeptreasure agents are always on the lookout for independent miners, whom they bully away frompromising claims. A Deeptreasure representative in Fort Bandu is offering a bounty for information regarding any promising unoccupied (or ill-defended) mines.

Sovereign Court

CN Half-Orc Bard (Core) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1; +1 vs Fear | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Perform 9/9 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

K (Geography): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
K (Local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Rubbing his chin as he considers the information, he mutters "As I recall, those hills get quite warm. We may want to dress down...or find a magical means of negating the heat. I also heard somewhere the local tribes tend to resist outsiders...violently."

"Perhaps the Praetor has found himself in some trouble as well and it trying to cry for help... Any of you know anything about this region that I'm forgetting?" he asks the party.

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 2 | Mods: (Shield 19/20) | HP: 12/12 | AC 14 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (15) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +4 (Forewarned) | Spells/Abilities tracked on Character Page | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Kaya responds, "I for one, will be purchasing some better clothing for the weather."

She mulls over Gruk's question, "most of the mining is managed by the Deeptreasure Mining Company. The only other major organization there used to compete with them, but now the Gold Crown Company just manages shipping and exports."

She looks back over the translation, "does anyone know anything about Ashkurnall or the Nakyuk mountain?"

Kaya will attempt to purchase a Hot Weather Outfit (8 gold) after this meeting.

Liberty's Edge

{CORE}Half-Elf Cleric 2 | HP 17/17 | AC:17 T:10 FF:17 CMD: 11 | F+4* R+0* W+6*| Init +0 | Perc +8|SM+7 Channel 5/5|Agile Feet 6/6|Liberation 2/2|Conditions: none| Effects:

Catching up to the group at a rush, a handsome young half-elf with dark brown hair and sparkling blue eyes excitedly bursts in during the discussion, his blue and white cleric's vestments fluttering with his movement...

"Oh Dear!" he says with a puff. "I am so sorry I am late. I am usually much better with directions." <puff> "My name is Ýridhrendir but feel free to call me Ren if that is easier."

Having finally caught his breath, he finally adds "Pardon my interruption. Please continue."

His smile can't be contained as he looks at the varied group before him. This is exciting!

Dark Archive

N Gnome Druid 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC (giants) 15 (19), Tch 12 (16), Fl 14 (18) | F: +4, R: +1, W: +5 (+7 vs. illusions) | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Low-Light, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft, Mounted 35 ft | Wolf HP 16/16, AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Knowledge: Geography: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Speaking to Kaya, Niza says "I know a little about Mount Nakyuk. It is one of the highest points in the Bandu Hills and is famed for the gold under it. The main threats in that area are the often-hostile Bandu tribes, ghouls and groups of kobolds, goblins, and hobgoblins."

Niza will also attempt to purchase a Hot Weather Outfit (8g).

Sovereign Court

half orc Paladin / 2 | AC 18 {T:11/ FF:17} HP: 20/20 [ F:+7 / R:+5 / W:+6] Perception:+0 | Initiative: +1

With nothing of value to offer the group, Kord silently stews over the mission briefing. Why can't these ruins ever be somewhere nice? Well, at least this one ain't in no desert!

Kord will spend 2 PP on a Wand of Endure Elements before they are dispatched.

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Elven Bard 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 (11 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Ahmandé is painfully deficient in his knowledge of the Mwangi Expanse, and can add nothing to what others have already mentioned. "Hey, there's only one way to learn, right?"
_____________
Ahmandé will purchase a cloak of resistance +1 (from his Master of the Fallen Fortress chronicle sheet) for 1,000 gp

Unfortunately, it looks like a hot weather outfit is not CORE; I don't think we can buy that.


link to scions maps

Once you have finished speaking with Aya Allahe and purchasing supplies, they journey south. The route involves traveling by boat down the Vanji River, then switching to canoes to paddle up the Little Vanji and Dzimmi Rivers. Finally, you wind through several of the lower Bandu Hills through a pass to Fort Bandu.

The fort is a small frontier settlement surrounded by high stone walls located on the northern edge of Sargava. As you approach you can see the end of a caravan enter the fort as the gate closes. A guard with a spyglass monitors your approach. as you get within about fifty feet from the gate he calls out "HALT! State your business in Fort Bandu"

Sovereign Court

CN Half-Orc Bard (Core) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1; +1 vs Fear | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Perform 9/9 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

I'll be purchasing a MWK Falchion (375) and 2 Acid Flasks (10g per) prior to our leaving (395g Total)

"We come per the invite of Praetor Sylien. We had word a friend of ours had ventured this way and when we inquired, he stated we should come to discuss the situation."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Well...that's not gonna help anybody. Kaya! Save us! ;-)

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 2 | Mods: (Shield 19/20) | HP: 12/12 | AC 14 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (15) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +4 (Forewarned) | Spells/Abilities tracked on Character Page | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya steps forward a little bit away from Gruk, "our apologies, we have traveled far and our manners are not as they should be. I am Kaya and my uncouth friend is Gruk. I and my friends come on behalf of Aya Allahe to speak with Prator Sylien about a matter of great importance. If you would allow us entry we would greatly appreciate it."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

I guess I'm supposed to be the diplomatic one then?


link to scions maps

Within the fort’s walls, dozens of mining companies maintain outposts out of pavilion tents, hiring laborers and purchasing necessary supplies brought in by merchants from the north, south, and west. The fort holds a garrison of 150 soldiers that struggle to maintain a balance of defense of the frontier and protection for the miners and traders within its walls.

The atmosphere is noticeably tense. Cold stares and accusing looks greet Kord whose holy symbol of dwarven god on a half orc is not going down well with some dwarves in side the fort. A member of the garrison escorts them to the praetor’s office, a modest and utilitarian space comprised of several tables and a handful of half-stocked bookshelves. A war table featuring a map of the Bandu Hills region sits prominently in the center of the room, and three tall windows nearby let in a great deal of natural light.

Praetor Sylien is in mid-conversation with a lanky Garundi man in fine attire. Their conversation stops abruptly, and the praetor’s guest disdainful glares at the latest arrivals. “Pathfinders. I shouldn’t be surprised. Only your organization would have the gall to so brazenly show its face when you’ve already caused so much damage.” Aspis Consortium agent Amersanus Valacosti seems to have boundless energy. He carries himself with the poise and posture of nobility, affecting a Chelish accent and speech mannerisms. The only tell of weakness Valacosti may have is his noticeable limp and the stiffness of his right leg, which requires Valacosti to walk with the assistance of an ebony cane topped with a black, serpentine dragon coiled into a figure eight.

Praetor Sylien is like a caged lion. The gray in his once coal black hair belies the passing of his youth and the creases in his sun-beaten face tell a story of a lifetime of hard work and little rest. He carries himself with the pride and stature of a man half his age with seemingly infinite patience. “Pathfinders,” the praetor’s voice lacks the contempt of his guest, as if trying to subtly apologize for his tone. “This is Amersanus Valacosti of the Aspis Consortium. We’ve been discussing the troubles Fort Bandu has faced of late—troubles caused by your organization. I was unwilling to disclose the details to Mistress Allahe by courier, but now that you have arrived, I feel it pertinent to explain the nature of Fort Bandu’s… misgivings."

"Venture-Captain Sharrowsmith came through here some months ago, gathering supplies and information before setting off on an expedition into the hills. There, he roused the local kobold tribes and angered them enough that they now actively raid our settlements and mining operations."

“Amersanus Valacosti and I were discussing how the Aspis Consortium may be able to help repair the damage your Society has inflicted on the people of Fort Bandu. Now that you’ve arrived, perhaps we can have a more balanced mediation. Your Pathfinder Society has a damaged reputation in the Bandu Hills, so I ask you state your business and why you think I should allow you to even so much as stay within the fort’s walls. What knowledge do you have of this land and its people that could prevent this situation from deteriorating further? I will only entertain questions regarding Sharrowsmith once I’m assured that providing you information will not further endanger my charges.”

looking for one character to respond to this with either a knowledge geography or survival check as wll as some speech. The praetor is one who acts on evidence not hearsay according to Aya Allahe so please remeber that in your response. This little scene is set up to give you three chances to impress the Praetor before the final diplomacy check which may gain bonuses. But how you present the rolls will give some bonuses or penalties to your results

Liberty's Edge

{CORE}Half-Elf Cleric 2 | HP 17/17 | AC:17 T:10 FF:17 CMD: 11 | F+4* R+0* W+6*| Init +0 | Perc +8|SM+7 Channel 5/5|Agile Feet 6/6|Liberation 2/2|Conditions: none| Effects:

Both skills are out of my wheelhouse, sorry. I can help talk in diplomatic situations, but I am out when it comes to Knowledge checks. Survival I could do, but since it's untrained the best I could make would be 10.

Sovereign Court

CN Half-Orc Bard (Core) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1; +1 vs Fear | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Perform 9/9 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Survival doesn't have the cap of 10 for untrained

Liberty's Edge

{CORE}Half-Elf Cleric 2 | HP 17/17 | AC:17 T:10 FF:17 CMD: 11 | F+4* R+0* W+6*| Init +0 | Perc +8|SM+7 Channel 5/5|Agile Feet 6/6|Liberation 2/2|Conditions: none| Effects:

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Ýridhrendir thinks hard but can't come up with any relevant information, other than what he has heard before from the others, so he wisely remains quiet, hoping someone else in the group will have some pertinent information to speak of. We did succeed on some knowledge rolls before, so perhaps that info will help whoever speaks up.

Dark Archive

N Gnome Druid 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC (giants) 15 (19), Tch 12 (16), Fl 14 (18) | F: +4, R: +1, W: +5 (+7 vs. illusions) | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Low-Light, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft, Mounted 35 ft | Wolf HP 16/16, AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Niza decides to speak up and repeats what she told the group earlier about the area. She furrows her brow and tries to think of anything else she may know that might be more useful.

Knowledge: Geography: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Elven Bard 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 (11 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Ahmande scours his memories for anything that he can add, but finds--embarrassingly--that he can conjure up no recollections that can assist.

Sovereign Court

CN Half-Orc Bard (Core) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1; +1 vs Fear | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Perform 9/9 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

K Geography: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Looking to his companions as none seem interested in piping up, he tries to think back on what he's learned about the area. Sadly, only recalling the bare minimum, he sneers at the consortium agent and tries to bluster his way into the Praetor's good graces.

"My dear sir, we are well versed in the geography here. Some of the more secreted trails through the region are known to my family and would be quite useful in our efforts to track down our missing companion. That aside, I feel confident we'd be capable of convincing the locals of the futility they'd encounter in attacking your fort. If you'd simply allow us the chance, we can make things here calmer for you again. Heck, we all know the protection and trade you offer here benefits all in the region."

Pausing to assess how his speech is being received, he continues. "We are prepared for the local tribes, the ghouls, the hobgoblins, etc. We can discuss their concerns and alleviate them in your regards. We've no interest in the rare metals and gems in this region. Be there gold in Mount Nakyuk? Fine by me. That's not what we came for. We are only here to help your situation and remove our venture captain from here so he won't be capable of damaging your setup any further."

Sovereign Court

half orc Paladin / 2 | AC 18 {T:11/ FF:17} HP: 20/20 [ F:+7 / R:+5 / W:+6] Perception:+0 | Initiative: +1

"Well, first off, sorry to hear that your settlement here has been inconvenienced of late. However, I feel it's important to point out that Sharrowsmith, despite his former rank, is retired and no longer an active member. While you may feel we are somehow responsible fer what's goin' on, The Pathfinder Society didn't send the old man out here, and technically we're under no obligation to help you out. We came here to find out what happened to an old man lookin' ta recapture his glory days." With a glance or derision toward Valacosti, "We try and do right by lookin' after our own. If that means we have ta help you out, we're happy to do it! I'm just saying we should be lookin' fer solutions and move on. The faster we can find our man, the sooner things return to normal for everyone. We are here to help."


link to scions maps

Valacosti grows increasingly incensed as the Pathfinders explain their case. “Venture [u]Captain[/u] Sharrowsmith, Who as far as I was awre had not been stripped of his rank by the pathfinders, professed an intimate understanding of the region and its delicate balance of power as well, and behold the results: dozens dead, dozens more missing, kobolds attacking our mining operations, and people living in fear of the next raid. Praetor, with all due respect, you cannot allow these Pathfinders to exacerbate an already delicate situation.”
The praetor remains patient. “Amersanus makes a good point. Sharrowsmith was a well-read and knowledgeable man, yet he disappeared in these jungles and caused damage we’re only beginning to feel the impact of thanks to the local kobold tribes. How is your expedition different? Do you have the necessary strength to survive in this environment where so many others cannot? Show me that those weapons and spellbooks you carry are not just for show.”

Going to change this to a group check as has been the current style in season 8 scenarios. Not only does this give everyone a chance to impress. So everyone make me a CMB or caster level check or spellcraft check I will take the highest and any rolls above 10 are an assist. The DC has incresaed to the high tier version. A round of bardic performance will give a bonus here. Again dont just give me a check give me some explanation of what you are doing. You think your first efforts have gone well especially when Gruk recalled the knowledge you learned at Nantambu

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Elven Bard 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 (11 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Ahmande had been quiet through most of this, but felt the need to speak up when the Pathfinders as an organization--and this group specifically--came under attack.

Ahmande will begin an Inspire Courage performance with the following words.

Perform (act): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 (Acting the role of a professional leader who takes charge of situations.)

"While it's true that Sharrowsmith still represents the Pathfinders, his little excursion here was a solitary mission that he undertook on his own. We understood him to be retired, but we still accept responsibility. We are here, in fact, because we do recognize that he acts in our name, and we look after our own. Just understand that we are as befuddled as you."

Ahmande glares at Valacosti as he gathers his thoughts before continuing. As if an Aspis agent would ever feel the same about their own.

"The Pathfinder Society, though unknowingly involved through the wayward actions of one we thought to be a retiree, will commit to fixing this situation. Frankly, given the history between us and the Aspis Consortium, you know it would be unfair to allow them to lead an expedition to find and help our agent. You can count on us. We are all capable in our own rights."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 2 | Mods: (Shield 19/20) | HP: 12/12 | AC 14 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (15) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +4 (Forewarned) | Spells/Abilities tracked on Character Page | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Kaya remembers back to just before they left, that one of her teammates picked up a special package. "Praetor Sylien. Our group is well versed in magical aids. One of our members has access to a magical ability that will completely negate the heat dangers that we may face out there. As my allies have also mentioned, we are aware of the physical threats and we can also display why those threats won't cause us trouble at all. We came prepared for this mission and we will figure out what happened to Sharrowsmith, why the kobold tribes are up in arms and return stability to the area." She glares at the Consortium Agent, "Mr. Amersanus appears to be merely pointing out problems and blaming our Society without any evidence to support his claims.

Sovereign Court

CN Half-Orc Bard (Core) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1; +1 vs Fear | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Perform 9/9 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Opening his mouth to spout a mischievous limerick, Gruk hears Ahmande begin his oratory and keeps quiet. 'Well put friend' he considers as the casters show off a few magical tricks.

'He wanted to see if our weapons were for show as well...hmmm.' Attempting to further show the groups capabilities, Gruk lifts his large blade and twirls it about in a show of martial prowess.

CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


link to scions maps

Valacosti grows increasingly incensed as the Pathfinders explain their case. “Is this supposed to make an impression?” Valacosti is quick to dismiss the display of power. “If you think this situation can be solved by brandishing some hedge wizardry, you’re as ignorant as your predecessor. These Pathfinders will rush headlong into the jungle and slaughter the kobold tribe, creating a power vacuum among the other tribes and only worsen this disaster. After all slaughter is what pathfinders are notorious for”
Again, the praetor tries to remain impartial, though impressed so far by the pathfinders answers he is not yet convinced “Once more I find myself seeing reason in Valacosti’ words. Strength of arms is all well and good, but this is a situation that also requires a certain amount of finesse. How do I know I trust you to handle this situation with a level head and a delicate touch when necessary?”

Ok as you aced the spellcraft check moving on. everyone make me one of bluff, diplomacy, knowledge history or sleight of hand check. Once again I will take the highest and any rolls above 10 are an assist. The DC has incresaed to the high tier version. Again dont just give me a check give me some explanation of what you are doing.

Liberty's Edge

{CORE}Half-Elf Cleric 2 | HP 17/17 | AC:17 T:10 FF:17 CMD: 11 | F+4* R+0* W+6*| Init +0 | Perc +8|SM+7 Channel 5/5|Agile Feet 6/6|Liberation 2/2|Conditions: none| Effects:

Ýridhrendir concentrates on his reverence for Desna, casting guidance upon himself and the rest of his party as both a way to showcase the requested power and the wisdom of his party.

He then calmly explains, "I have great respect for the position you are in Praetor. It is never easy to make decisions such as these, especially when you must keep in mind the safety of all those in your charge. As a follower of Desna, the builder of the heavens themselves, I am charged with exploration of this grand world we live in, and protecting all those of good intent that would freely travel its beautiful and varied landscapes.

We would never just rush headlong into anything, as this gentleman would have you believe, and we most certainly would not just slaughter a tribe of creatures. We respect life too much for that, and we have the wisdom to behave rationally in tense and trying situations." he pauses to look at the excited and angered Valacosti for contrast.

"My group and I understand what it is we must do, and with your blessing, we would like to do so as quickly as possible, for we understand that the dangers you face increase every moment that we delay."

Diplomacy+guidance: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18

Liberty's Edge

{CORE}Half-Elf Cleric 2 | HP 17/17 | AC:17 T:10 FF:17 CMD: 11 | F+4* R+0* W+6*| Init +0 | Perc +8|SM+7 Channel 5/5|Agile Feet 6/6|Liberation 2/2|Conditions: none| Effects:

"And as one final point of order, I really must make note of Mr. Valacosti's unwarranted accusations and his disparagement of the Pathfinder Society. He has said we are notorious for terrible behavior, and that is quite far from the truth. Anyone that has actual experience with our organization can attest that we are instead known for our primary tenants of exploration, cooperation and reporting, and not wanton violence. I am saddened that he has had your ear for a time, to fill you with such misinformation."

If this last afterthought is too much, feel free to ignore it.

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 2 | Mods: (Shield 19/20) | HP: 12/12 | AC 14 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (15) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +4 (Forewarned) | Spells/Abilities tracked on Character Page | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya jumps in right afterwards to add, "Oh my no, we absolutely do not condone slaughter, much less wanton violence. We seek answers and to protect the balance in the world, seeking to help those who need it. Why, on my very last mission we were brutally attacked by a large beast and barely managed to fend it off. Yet immediately afterwards our cleric used his very last healing spell to save the beast's life. We only use our martial skills in self defense, as is logical for intelligent beings."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Sovereign Court

half orc Paladin / 2 | AC 18 {T:11/ FF:17} HP: 20/20 [ F:+7 / R:+5 / W:+6] Perception:+0 | Initiative: +1

"As you can see Praetor, we work together to find solutions. That is our way, to bring one another's strength to bare. Unlike Amers...anus was it? Unlike his organization which tends to work in solitary. Remember, the Pathfinders Society is essentially a group of exploratory archaeologists. The Aspis is a profit-driven group that tends to leave those they work with 'short-changed'."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Elven Bard 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 14 (11 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 (11 Fl) | F: +2, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Ahmande adds nothing more in words, simply motioning his open arms towards his fellow Pathfinders with a slight lift to his eyebrows as he looks at the Praetor, wordlessly trying to highlight the way the group works together and plans for all contingencies.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sovereign Court

CN Half-Orc Bard (Core) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1; +1 vs Fear | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Perform 9/9 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"Sir, we don't have money stores and we aren't driven by it. What we do have is experience in these things. We have aquired ourselves a particular set of skills in our travels. A skill set that makes us quite adept at these things. We will use these skills to aid your cause and protect our ailing retiree. My last mission was to save a similar retired member and we even avoided a fight with a bear by using diplomatic relations."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

N Gnome Druid 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC (giants) 15 (19), Tch 12 (16), Fl 14 (18) | F: +4, R: +1, W: +5 (+7 vs. illusions) | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Low-Light, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft, Mounted 35 ft | Wolf HP 16/16, AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Thinking back to her last mission with Gruk, Niza remembers speaking with the bear and preventing injuries to him or her team. Glancing down, she notices a copper coin on the floor. She picks it up and grins. Let’s see if I remember the trick my grandpappy taught me. “Has anyone ever seen a coin disappear?” With a few quick hand movements, she tries to make the coin disappear. Unfortunately, it goes flying across the room. “Oh, oops! I’ve only ever done that successfully with a gold coin. Oh well, my skills come in handy in other ways.”


link to scions maps

Valacosti visibly frustrated he nails the recalcitrant copper piece to the floor with his staff, appeals one last time to Sylien. “Praetor. I implore you, send these Pathfinders back from where they came from. This is neither the place nor the time for their presence. For the sake of the people of Fort Bandu, do not let them worsen this situation.” With reluctance, the praetor acknowledges the Pathfinders with a slow nod. Then, after a brief glance to Valacosti, he appears ready to make his decision With a reserved sigh, the praetor relents. “As the Pathfinders are responsible for getting us into this mess, I see it fitting that we give them the chance to remedy the situation. I’m putting my faith in you, and the lives of the people in Fort Bandu. I pray that you don’t betray that trust, for the consequences could be quite dire for all who call this home.”

“Most unfortunate,” Valacosti observes with disappointment that gives way to menacing resolve. “I believe you are making a grave mistake by placing any faith in these glorified tomb robbers, praetor. Once they fail, remember that the Aspis Consortium has extended a generous offer of aid in this troubling time. One can only hope that this Pathfinder experiment does not exacerbate the situation further and necessitate our renegotiating the terms.” He strides off with a grimace as he tries to hide his limp and mutters to you "I'll be back - you won't be"

Praetor Sylien shakes his head at the antics of Valacosti but then falls back to the business at hand. He tells you "My scouts have Sharrowsmith’s last known location at a Gold Crown mining operation approximately 20 miles away, This is a rough estimate of his travel route." He indicates the location and route on the war table map. "Should you wish to head there now some of that protection from the heat you mentioned is advisable. Actually take these for any Fort Bandu citizens who you feel may benefit from them on your travels" he hands you six endure elements potions

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 2 | Mods: (Shield 19/20) | HP: 12/12 | AC 14 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (15) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +4 (Forewarned) | Spells/Abilities tracked on Character Page | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya glowers at the retreating agent, we'll probably have to face him in the field, I doubt he will give up easily.

She turns to Praetor Sylien with a measured smile, "Sir, thank you for the opportunity to find our ally and correct whatever ills have befallen this area. We will do our absolute best to not let your trust be wasted."

With that she starts looking over the map and asks, "I have a good grasp of this area, but does anyone have some paper to make a quick copy of the route?"

Dark Archive

N Gnome Druid 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC (giants) 15 (19), Tch 12 (16), Fl 14 (18) | F: +4, R: +1, W: +5 (+7 vs. illusions) | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Low-Light, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft, Mounted 35 ft | Wolf HP 16/16, AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Niza walks towards Kaya pulling a pen, ink, and parchment out of her pack. "Here, you can use this." She hands them to Kaya.

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 2 | Mods: (Shield 19/20) | HP: 12/12 | AC 14 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (15) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +4 (Forewarned) | Spells/Abilities tracked on Character Page | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Craft: Map Making: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Kaya looks up and smiles at Niza, "thank you my dear. Your hair is gorgeous by the way!"

Kaya dips the pen into the ink and starts drawing out a fairly detailed map of the area including the location and route mentioned by the Praetor. When finished she slips the map into a pocket, returns the remaining supplies to Niza and heads out the door with the group.

Sovereign Court

half orc Paladin / 2 | AC 18 {T:11/ FF:17} HP: 20/20 [ F:+7 / R:+5 / W:+6] Perception:+0 | Initiative: +1

Your hair is...Don't these two know that were in the jungle?

Scooping up the offered magical aid, Kord passes them out to the team. "This ain't no fashion show. Besides, even a magic potion isn't gonna stop the heat from straightenin' them curls you got there Kaya. Surprised they lasted this long." The paladin holds up the phial and offers a toast, "To a successful mission and a safe return for all!" Kord swallows the elixir and heads out into the heat.

Sovereign Court

CN Half-Orc Bard (Core) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1; +1 vs Fear | Init: +4 | Perc: +2, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Perform 9/9 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Aye and to our health!" He announces as he does the elixir. "Thank you praetor, we'll shaint let you down." he adds with a bow before following the others outside.

Once out of earshot of the praetor, he looks to Kaya. "Hows my hair look? Is it suitable for our mission?"

:-P

Liberty's Edge

{CORE}Half-Elf Cleric 2 | HP 17/17 | AC:17 T:10 FF:17 CMD: 11 | F+4* R+0* W+6*| Init +0 | Perc +8|SM+7 Channel 5/5|Agile Feet 6/6|Liberation 2/2|Conditions: none| Effects:

Ýridhrendir takes the offered potion and drinks it, expecting the 20 mile to trip to be difficult and arduous. "Here here!" he says in response to the toast. After a polite nod the their host, he follows the group out the door.

Once out of earshot of the praetor, and while walking close to the rest of the group, "Your hair? But you don't ha... Ohhh, well done Gruk. Well done." he says with a grin.

Grand Lodge

NG Halfling Wizard 2 | Mods: (Shield 19/20) | HP: 12/12 | AC 14 (18), Tch 14, Fl 11 (15) | CMB: -1, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft | Init: +4 (Forewarned) | Spells/Abilities tracked on Character Page | Perc: +2, SM: +0

Kaya quaffs the potion as she makes her way out of the fort. When Gruk asks about his hair she gets a very serious look on her face and gives his bald head a full inspection. When finished she exclaims, "my my sir, I have never in my life seen such an exquisitely thick patch of ear fur. I do believe you should have that professionally styled!"

Dark Archive

N Gnome Druid 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC (giants) 15 (19), Tch 12 (16), Fl 14 (18) | F: +4, R: +1, W: +5 (+7 vs. illusions) | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Low-Light, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft, Mounted 35 ft | Wolf HP 16/16, AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Niza covers her mouth and giggles at Kaya’s comment about Gruk’s ear hair. Why am I giggling? This is so unlike me. She finds her vial of elixir and brings it to her lips to drink. She stops suddenly when she notices Albis staring at her intently. Looking at Kord, she asks, “Sir, will you be so kind to use your wand on either my wolf companion or me as I only see this one vial of elixir? After saying this, her eyes scan the room to see if there is, perhaps, another vial for one of them.

Once the issue of enduring the elements is figured out, Niza and Albis will follow the group.

1 to 50 of 464 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFC on sharrowsmiths trail All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.