Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Once Upon a Time in Golarion

Game Master vayelan

A Kingmaker game with an emphasis on politics and the mundane

Resources:
Muster and Quartermaster
Map of the Greenbelt
Oleg's Trading Post
Oleg's Bulletin Board

Current Encounter Map:
Old Sycamore - Mites' Lair

Dramatis Personae:
Ahto - Paval - Sams - Teuni-Hexa - Wonky -
Arisl'arial


101 to 150 of 1,088 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 2

Like Ahto, Paval stands up from his chair and he makes a short bow as he speaks "Pleased to meet you madam Vika. And it's Fagyaszt, my surname. Though around here I sometimes go by my mother's maiden name, Aldaar. As in the burned down Aldaar estate an hour orso north from here."

Seeing Wonky's expression Paval smiles, "I'm sure he's a perfect gentleman."

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

"Well now, by my count that makes TWO nobles frequenting your fine inn tonite, Madame!"

She winks in reply to Paval's remark, then turns dutifully to Ahto. "A pleasure to serve you, esteemed sir! A pheasant stew fit for a noble and one house ale - coming right up! And a pheasant stew for you as well, Madame Vika?" The green-headed bundle of energy heads off with the orders to the kitchen and then to the bar, scrambling up behind to pour the requested ale.

Sprocket's a good boy. He should be fine. Besides, Vika is smitten with him.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Barring any interruptions Kalima finishes her bath, gets out, dries herself off with the towels, casts prestidigitation to clean her clothing and then puts her clothing back on. She combs and styles her hair using the room's vanity and once properly good looking leaves the room, locking the door with the room key and heads downstairs to the main tavern room. She then looks around for Ahto Ulrych and heads over to approach him. She then spots Madame Vika and sees she is well dressed and likely a woman of class and importance.

She approaches and gives a respectful nod to Madame Vika, "Greetings Milady. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Kalima Raustald, daughter of Taldan nobility and Great Granddaughter of Anrea of house Lodovka."


N Female Elf Arcanist (occultist) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 12 (+4), T 12, FF 14 | CMD: 11 | F 1, R 2, W 3 | Init +2 | Per +0 (Low-Light Vision)
Other Business:
Arcane Reservoir: 3/5 | Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | Portrait

With the excitement outside resolved, Aris returns to her table and tries her book again. She pays no real attention to Paval and Ahto's discussion about justice; though she has an opinion, it's not a subject she has any desire to discuss. Instead, she reads her book and finishes what she wants of her stew before rejoining the conversation as the Taldan noble arrives again. "Out of curiosity, how far from the throne are you? A lot of Taldans I've met know; my mother Selnar used to say no true Taldan wouldn't."

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima responds the elf's question with this response, "My father is Earl Drukril Raustald, so greater than a mere Baron but lower than a Duke. As for his distance from the throne of Taldor, he is three steps down from the king, with the king's living heirs as the immediate successors being the first step, then the Dukes being the second step, with the Earls being the third step. So I do not see my father getting anywhere close to the throne in his lifetime unless there is drastic change in leadership."


Madame Vika smiles as she listens to Wonky, Ahto and Paval. When Wonky tells her that Sprocket has been calm all night a look of disbelief crosses her face but disappears in a second. With a curtsy she sets the bottle on the table and a glass in front of Ahto she fills half of it with a bright green liquid and prepares the other glass for herself. I've been told you're to thank for saving a life on my doorstep tonight she raises the glass to toast with the Abadarian Where I come from a toast with greenfire is the thing to do

After drinking the glass she leaves the bottle at the table and apologises I'd love to join your conversation but I seem to have lost one of my staff. You can keep the bottle and stay the night for free she moves away from the table and whispers to Wonky Where in the Pit is Topher? That idiot shouldn't leave you alone with so many patrons

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

"I think Bungay saw where he went," Wonky responds, hazarding another half-truth.

I don't want to directly get him in trouble, even if he is a clod.

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 2

Paval almost replied with a "well, my father is second in line for the throne of Brevoy", just to put the woman in her place. He couldn't though. Openness about his mom's line was fine but his father, not so much.

"Out of curiosity Kalima. Why are you here? It seems with your father being an earl you are set for life." While he feels the need to add something snide he doesn't. Maybe the bath helped her calm down a bit and she'd behave a little more like a decent human being.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

It hits Wonky as she's clearing the dishes from their table...

Kalima wrote:
"My father is Earl Drukril Raustald, so greater than a mere Baron but lower than a Duke."

AND Paval, too. Two nobles staying at the inn that you're sleeping in the back storeroom of because you don't have two coins to clink together. Two nobles who might be interested in hiring you out...

Wonky's original plan was to go to the "big announcement" that was taking place outside of the Mayor's office tomorrow and offer her services to a likely patron. That was a lousy plan. "Hi, my name is Wonky. I'm smart. Hire me."

Paval wrote:
"Why are you here? It seems with your father being an earl you are set for life."

But now...well, things might be a whole lot easier. The gnome piped up.

"Lady Kalima, can I offer you a spearmint tea? Warm oat milk? A digestif? Anyone else?" She looks around the table, smiling widely.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 2 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 21/21 l F +4 R +0 W +5/+7* l Init +2 l Perc +6

Ahto smiles appreciatively at the toast, and flushes slightly.

"You are very generous, Madame Vika," he replies. "I will see the innkeeper about the return of my silver in the morning. My thanks to you, and your fine staff." he raises his glass to her and to Wonky, and then takes a deep drink.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima looks to Wonky and says, "Ah yes, a fine cup of herbal tea would be good for this evening little one. Thank you for the service you are providing."

To Paval's question Kalima says, "You are correct that I could have lived under the Aristocracy for life with few concerns. As for my reasons for being here, they are my own and not something i wish to speak of openly."


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 2

Paval cringes when Kalima calls Wonky "little one". It sounded like an offensive thing to say, even more than just referring to everyone as peasants. He just assumed it was ignorance, it was the only way he could keep silent about it.

"Some things aren't for sharing, I get that. It does make me wonder though. Since you entered that door you have done nothing but comment on how everything here was beneath you, it just seems strange that you come here voluntarily." Odds were she was kicked out, her family lost their standing or she was supposed to marry some old coot to improve the family's standing. Such were the ways of nobility.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

I hope this works. Just a little something to remember the 'Scabbard' by, and perhaps, "little old me".

Wonky will attempt to Craft (Alchemy) a batch of soothe syrup (DC 15) in the back of the kitchen (using some of her alchemy crafting kit that she keeps in a disused cupboard as well as the pantry stores) to put into the after-dinner drink orders that she has taken.

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23

With the major activity in the common room settling down, Wonky has a more relaxed time of it (especially with the sheepish return of Topher to his post), and slips onto a bar stool that she pulls over to the table after serving the table - and Kalima - their post-dinner libations. She turns to the fancy Lady.

"So, you must be in town for the ball tomorrow night in honour of the mayor's announcement! I'm not going to the ball, but I'll definitely be present for the announcement at the mayor's office tomorrow. There's all sorts of rumours floating around about what they're going to say!"

Wonky keeps a dutiful eye out for any late dinner arrivals. She glances at Madame Vika standing at the bar, shooting daggered glares at Topher as he clears dishes from tables. Madame Vika smiles and cocks her head at the gnome.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

"A mayoral announcement you say. Interesting. It seems like something I should attend to get information on the forthcoming events. Thank you for such information good Gnome."


As the dawn arrives at Restov the clouds part giving way to the welcome sunlight. The streets are full and the crowds flock toward the townhall. Mayor Sellemius has sent criers through all the city calling all men and women of good standing to the square in fron of his offices for a very serious announcement.

The inn is empty but for Bungay who is preparing scrambled eggs and tea for the few guests that haven't already left, and Madame Vika who is sitting at a table sipping at a cup of hot cocoa.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

Wonky is up early for multiple reasons - Sprocket needs attention, the floor of the store room is hard and uncomfortable, and she has a job to do. Bustling about the main room of the inn to prepare the fire, empty rubbish, and fill water tureens, the green-haired gnome hears the town criers circulating and redoubles her efforts to finish her duties prior to the announcement.

It must be happening sooner than I thought!

Prior to leaving the inn that morning, Wonky rifles through her alchemical formulae book, deciding what would be most useful to have at her fingertips. It might be necessary to find a better viewpoint for the speech, she calculates, fending off a slobbery Sprocket tongue.

Wonky swaps out 'CLW' for 'Monkey Fish'. She keeps 'Heightened Awareness'


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

As dawn breaks over the city, Aurelius strolls through the streets, chewing on an apple and frowning in thought to himself. He had caught a handful of hours of sleep back at his single cell in the orphanage, before he had arisen, nightmares plaguing his waking moments. He sighed and moved through the city, sword bare on his hip, a challenge against those who watched from the shadows, the drunk and the desperate. He bared them no ill will but neither did he wish to trade blows this morning. The blade saw to that.

He had wandered the city for a couple of hours, till he naturally gravitated towards the Mayors Office, shouldering through the crowd to the front, waiting with the rest of the city to hear what the big announcement would be.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 2 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 21/21 l F +4 R +0 W +5/+7* l Init +2 l Perc +6

Having woken, washed, dressed, prayed and performed all other morning necessities, Ahto shoulders his pack and descends the stairs to the common room.

He approaches Madame Vika's table and greets her with another respectful bow of the head. "Your inn is a warm and comfortable place, Madame Vika. I thank you for your generous hospitality."

Upon hearing the crier's call outside the door, Ahto adds "I must go immediately. If I do not, I shall be late for the task I was called on to perform. Please accept my apologies to you and to the others that I did not stay to break fast."

With one final respectful nod, he exits the inn through the front door and makes his way to the Square.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

As she approaches the town square and sees it rapidly filling up, Wonky weighs her options as a height-challenged creature in a land of tall-folk. Ducking behind a hawker's stand, she pulls out a vial of brown liquid and drops a pellet of fish food into it. Once completed, she looks for a place for Sprocket to rest safe. After taking out her alchemy crafting kit and placing it on her person, Wonky secures the sack strapped to Sprocket and points to the space under the hawker's wheeled stall.

"Sprocket! Stay!"

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Let's see what's going on! Wonky drinks the fizzy extract, giving it a few moments to work.

"Oooh! It tingles!" she says to no one.

Monkey Fish: Gain a climb speed of 10ft. Duration - 1 min

Wonky then begins to systematically, slowly, and unobtrusively climb up the side of a building abutting the town square, looking for a comfortable roof top where she can view things unobstructedly.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Climb: 1d20 - 1 + 8 ⇒ (13) - 1 + 8 = 20


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 2

Paval woke early that morning, the result of routine more than anything else. He had had some small talk with madame Vika over breakfast and had seen a chance to say hi to Sprocket, something he had forgotten the day before.

He was already walking the streets of Restov when the criers starting making their announcement. When they did he moved to the mayoral office and was now standing front row, waiting for the announcement.


As Wonky reaches the roof silence spreads among the crowd. Two armed guards bring out of the townhall half a dozen tied men dressed in rags and move them to a stage set under the balcony where the mayor is watching carefully surrounded by his sworlords council. They prepare a noose around five of the men's necks and force the other one to a block set apart and push his head against it.

With a strong voice carried by magic around the square the mayor announces These men are criminals, bandits that have plagued the lands south of our beloved city for too long. They hurt our people, sack our merchants and claim our lands. he stops for a couple seconds to let the crowd prepare I SAY NO MORE! For we will no longer allow their existence to blight a land that was stolen from us, a land that belongs by right of blood and battle to Rostland. Today, we show the world what will happen to those that commit banditry under our watch. Tomorrow we will send several expeditions to those Stolen Lands to restore order and put an end to these criminals existence he looks down and makes a gesture towards the executioner Let them pay in blood!

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 2 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 21/21 l F +4 R +0 W +5/+7* l Init +2 l Perc +6

Ahto turns to the condemned and addresses them collectively: "You have been sentenced to death, under the laws of the City of Restov. Now is the time for your last words, that Pharasma may hear them and weigh them upon your soul's arrival at her throne. Know that your repentance will not save your soul for this world, only the next!"

He waits patiently for the men respond. His tone is matter-of-fact, and emotionless.


With a furious shout the bandit says F@$& YOU! I don't regret nuffin' I've lived more, f~&!ed more and drank more that any of you f!%~ing c+*$s I hope Rovagug makes playthings of you all before closing his eyes and trying to hide his trembling.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

"Whoa...." Wonky intones as she munches absently on a piece of trail jerky and watches the rough-faced man from the inn speak his words.

You never know the stories that other people tell... The gnome sits, shocked and more than a little saddened.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 2 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 21/21 l F +4 R +0 W +5/+7* l Init +2 l Perc +6

Hearing no other confessions from the accused. Ahto continues. "By the power vested in me by Abadar, and in the name of the people of Restov. I hereby carry out the sentence of death!"

With that he pull that lever for the gallows trapdoor, allowing the five to drop. He watches impassively as their bodies twitch at the ends of the taut lines.

He then draws forth his greatsword and stands near the block.

"Lift his head from the block. Leave him upright on his knees," he commands the guards.

"Do not flinch," he warns the bandit. "If you don't move, it will be quick and painless. Otherwise, you will die slower than your comrades did."

Assuming the man complies, Ahto carefully lines the massive blade up with the back of the man's neck, draws all the way back, and unleashes a powerful swing of the blade.

Coup de Grace: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9 x2 Critical= 18 points of damage. DC 28 Fort Save to survive strike.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 2

The moment is becomes clear this is all just a public execution Paval turns around and starts making his way through the crowd. These things were a tasteless affair. The lack of a Pharasmin priest to perform their last rites only made it worse.

When he hears Ahto he stops for a moment, back still turned to the stage. What a job that man has, it's a miracle he can sleep at night.


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

Aurelius watches the display with a bored, removed expression on his face, his mind already focused on the possibilities this announcement brought forth. To travel to the Stolen Lands, to meet out some justice and explore a place that is, unto now, here to unexplored? The possibilities were endless. He just needed to make sure he was part of that expedition. It would be good to leave the city for good this time.


As the head falls to the ground with a thud the mob erupts in a roar. The mayor smiles and speaks again Tonight in the ball the leaders of the expeditions will be announced he gestures with his open hand toward the crowd but any man or woman wishing to join them may inscribe their name with my scribes


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

Aurelius frowned and tapped his lips in thought. 'I wonder what it would take for me to become a leader of these expeditions. I bet I could get to talk to the Mayor if I tried!'

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

"Whoa..." Wonky says for the second time in a few minutes as she raises her eyes from behind the shield made with her hands to avoid watching the gruesome scene.

This could be my chance to get into the Stolen Lands and get paid doing it!

Her wonderment is cut short by a familiar bark emanating from below.

"Hang on, Sprocket! I'm coming!"

Unfortunately, the impulsive gnome failed to sort out a safe way of descending back to the street.

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

She takes her time to carefully pick her way back down to the street, collects Sprocket (currently in a heated argument with the stall owner over a sausage), and sprints to one of the stationed scribes to sign up.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 2

Now that was more like it. An opportunity to make a place for himself away from the mess that was his life. A fresh start in a new place. He'd have to bring mother over once the whole place got settled but that was it. They also wanted you to kill bandits but he probably could convince Ahto to come along so that he himself didn't have to do the executions.

Paval turned around to make his way back to the mayor's office so he could sign up. First he takes his family signet ring from his pocket and slips it on his finger. If they needed more people to lead expeditions they'd probably look at the nobility first.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima gets up in the morning, cleaning herself with prestidigitation, getting dressed into her noble attire and dolling herself up. She then proceeds downstairs to look for the rest of her entourage as well as get a late morning meal. She eventually joins the rest of the group and heads off to hear the announcement.


N Female Elf Arcanist (occultist) 2 | HP 13/13 | AC 12 (+4), T 12, FF 14 | CMD: 11 | F 1, R 2, W 3 | Init +2 | Per +0 (Low-Light Vision)
Other Business:
Arcane Reservoir: 3/5 | Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | Portrait

For Aris's part, the execution scene that plays out before her bothers her. From her vantage point near the back of the crowd, it's difficult for her to see the details, nor can she decide whether or not the whole thing is justice in action or a spectacle to entertain the masses. She's still deep in thought about justice, discipline, and punishment when the crowd roars, and almost misses the mayor's announcement...and its significance.

After another moment or so of contemplating the crowd's fascination with the whole scene, she makes her way to the lines to sign up for the expedition.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 2 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 21/21 l F +4 R +0 W +5/+7* l Init +2 l Perc +6

Ahto sits down on the unused chopping block and begins to clean his blade. Once he has removed the flecks of blood and flesh, and is satisfied that the blade has no significant nicks, he sheathes the weapon.

He then moves beside the trap door, kneels, and touches the neck of each of the hanged men, trying to determine if each was now dead.

Take 10 on Heal Check= 15


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

Aurelius ignores the guards and hops up on to the stage, walking over to Ahto and watching him work. "So, hunting down bandits? Sounds like your line of work. I have a mind to travel the Stolen Lands a bit. I feel we can work well together friend. Do you agree? Can you get us a meeting with the Mayor himself?"

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

"...and I can be contacted at the Lord's Scabbard. Yes, 'Scabbard'. I could spell that for you as well. 'S-C-A---oh, hello there, Aris! Are you signing up for this too?"

Aw, rust buckets. Competition. Oh well - they'll likely be sending more than one team, right? Maybe they'll need more than one walking library...

"Gory stuff what with the executions, right? Hard to think we had dinner with that guy last night!" Wonky eyes Ahto and the other rough-looking swordsman on the platform. "Still - he did seem nice. He had an easy smile ---"

And he has just caught my eyes staring at him.

Wonky gives an embarrassed smile, a feigned wave of greeting, and a half-hearted "Heyyyy there, nice...job?" to Ahto from the sign-up line.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima is somewhat disgusted by the procession of executions. She was not a heavy believer in executions for mere Theft-related offenses. The punishment should fit the crime but she much preferred indentured servitude as a sentence rather than bloody executions.

Still the Stolen Lands expedition would be potential. She had heard these lands are unclaimed by any monarchs and thus could be taken as territory for those bold enough to claim it. Kalima says to Aurelius,

"I shall be taking up this trip to the Stolen lands as well. I can seen potential to build new civilization in these lands if the bandits and monsters are brought to heel. As they are unclaimed, they are ripe for the taking for those who are so bold. Namely myself and my fellow companions of course."

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 2 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 21/21 l F +4 R +0 W +5/+7* l Init +2 l Perc +6

"As a matter of fact, I intend to speak with the Mayor as soon as I am finished here. I will be happy to make your introduction. Bringing law and civilization to these Stolen Lands feels right to me. I will speak to the Mayor, and if it is the will of Abadar, perhaps we will all be selected for this important task."

He turns to finish his work of checking the last of the brigands to make certain of their deaths. Once he has done so, he straps his sword to his back and gives his companions a nod. "This work is done," he says in a flat tone. "The Mayor will most likely leave them for a day or so, until the nobles begin to complain of the flies and the smell of rot."

He looks at the long queue forming up the stairway towards the Mayor's office. "Come with me," he says. "Perhaps he will have a moment between interviews."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

She nods to Ahto and says, "I most certainly would like to meet the mayor to sign onto this endeavor. Still I would ask that we seek to capture over killing bandits if possible. One thing we lack in the Stolen Lands is manpower. If we can offer the Bandits an alternative sentence of Indentured Servitude or Military Service we can put them to work in order to stabilize our dominion. Of course the most unrepentant and despicable deserve the Axe of Abadar as you so skillfully demonstrated."

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

Wonky does that thing where you think someone is looking at you, and you wave, only to discover that they were looking at someone behind you.

Odd, that never happens to me this far down.

Ahto wrote:
"Come with me. Perhaps he will have a moment between interviews."

The gnome whips her head around to see the fancy lady skipping the line and mounting the stage.

Kalima wrote:
"I most certainly would like to meet the mayor to sign onto this endeavor."

Hesitation is the bed-fellow of regret, the gnome realises, taking a deep breath.

"Oh, hello, Ahto! Why, hello there, fancy Lady Kalima!" the gnome broadcasts in a loud and forced tone.

Maybe I should have left out 'fancy'.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 2 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 21/21 l F +4 R +0 W +5/+7* l Init +2 l Perc +6

Ahto turns at the sound of his name being called and sees Wonky, the server from the tavern waving to him from the line.

"Good morning Miss Prong! Please, join us. We were just going to try and have a word with the Lord Mayor."

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 2 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 13/14 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 12 (ff9) | F* +1 R* +6 W** +5 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +5 (Darkvision)

Woo-hoo!!! *does cartwheels*

"Why, thank you. That would be divine."

Wonky mounts the stage and joins Ahto and Co.


As the group awaits its turn at a hall a room opens and the white-haired woman of last night's incident leaves the mayors office. She smiles defiantly at them and with a curtsy towards Kalima says Lady Kalima, had I known there would be such a high company I would have got dressed for the occasion in a mocking tone. The bald man pushes her forward as the other three men keep watch of the group with their hands resting intently on ther sheathed weapons. I'm sure we'll meet at the ball. Please bring your pets so we can all enjoy their presence she shouts from the other side o the hall. Eras, Metus, Zano, come along she says to her men we have much to do before tonight


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 2

Paval is about to join the others when he sees the Chelish woman appear and decides to keep his distance and listen. The moment they move on his moves to join the others.

"A short cut towards the mayor's office, don't mind if I do." As he moves towards the others he makes sure his signet ring, which marks him as one of the nobility, is in clear view for Kalima. While he didn't particularly care for his own status as a noble, at least to some degree, his did like to confront her with his own words from the evening before. "What was that with the Chelish scum? Was that a veiled threat?"

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 2 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 21/21 l F +4 R +0 W +5/+7* l Init +2 l Perc +6

"More an insult," Ahto says in an unconcerned tone. "Cheliax is a nation under-girded by slavery. She, no doubt, has little experience with people serving her out of either loyalty or sense of purpose. Of course, she would assume that we are nothing more than Lady Kalima's property."


The door opens again and a halfling dressed with an elegant grey coat and a yellow vest announces The mayor will now receive Mister Ahto Ulrych of Abadar and companions and steps aside of the door waiting for them to come in.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima responds to the white haired woman, "Oh what do my ears hear? A biting comment from Cheliaxian lady who licks the scaly feet of unsightly devils? Oh how amusing that you think yourself my better that you can call my entourage pets when you are a lapdog to hideous monsters. Such comedy is so unbecoming of you."

When the mayor's herald comes, she says to the woman "Oh I'ed love to here more witty repartee with a courtesan of hell such as yourself but I am afraid I have other engagements to get to. Ta ta!"

And gives her a mocking wave.

She then says to the herald, "Ah yes it is good to hear that the Mayor has been so prompt in granting us his time. Please lead the way."

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 2 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 21/21 l F +4 R +0 W +5/+7* l Init +2 l Perc +6

Ahto opens his mouth to offer a word of acknowledgment and thanks to the herald, but closes it as Kalima interjects. He waits patiently for each of the other members of the group to enter, then follows.

"My thanks to you, sir," he says with a polite nod of the head to the herald.

Once in the office, he moves around to the right side of the group so that he has an unobstructed view of the proceedings.


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

"Eras, Metus, Zano," As Aurelius said each name, his grin became darker, more forced. "Oh it seems like we are to have a full dance card tonight girl!" He laughed sharply, patting the blade on his hip as he watched them leave. "See you tonight you cockless f$@#ers!"

With that he turned, moving up after Ahto, keeping an even closer eye on his surroundings now he knew the whore of Asmodeus was near.


The mayor office is a wooden room with a huge table in its center, a big chair sits behind it and at its back a large grass pane opens giving way to a balcony. Sitting at the chair is the mayor a man in his forties with a waxed moustache and well dressed. On the balcony four men and two women dressed wearing leather armor decorated with the colours of the different dueling schools of the city chat leisurely.

The halfling secretary enters behind the party and announces them.

Standing, the mayor bows to Kalima and with an appreciative nod towards Ahto begins. Welcome friends. I didn't expect good Ahto to bring so many companions but the more the merrier eh? he pauses to flash a smile And Lady Kalima may I thank you for your presence here?

He looks behind for a second and the halfling goes to the balcony to call the Swordlords Council inside.

Take a seat please. My assistant will bring you beverages in a second and we can proceed

101 to 150 of 1,088 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker: Once upon a time in Golarion vol. 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.