Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Once Upon a Time in Golarion

Game Master Keddah

A Kingmaker game with an emphasis on politics and the mundane


1 to 50 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

It's a cold and windy evening in Restov. The rain seems to have stopped for a few minutes and people try to get to their homes before it resumes.

The taverns and inns are bustling with activity, everybody wants to find out more about the rumours of a bold move by the local nobility to try and reclaim the Stolen Lands. Tomorrow's night a great ball will be celebrated and among the guests are strange people and foreigners.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

Ahto takes advantage of the brief dry spell to shake the damp off of his traveling cloak and then resettle it on his shoulders. He pulls the hood back up over his head as protection against the chill.

"We made it," Ahto remarks as the company reaches the streets of Restov. "Perhaps we should find lodgings before the rain starts up again."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima Raustald walks with her group of travelers toward the small outpost of Restov. The trip was indeed uneasy for her, considering the cold weather, the rains, the mud and the discomfort of the wilderness on a woman whose was not raised in such kinds of environment. Still she's kept herself clean through liberal use of Prestidigitation. Along the way they heard constant mumbling and complaints from Kalima who didn't like this at all, but the rumors of the Stolen Lands was too good a prospect to pass up.

Tried from her day of travel, taking her kit of items with her on the long trek to the Stolen Lands, finally the group had arrived at a place with at least some measure of civilization. Sighing thankfully, Kalima looks upon the outpost of Restov, a quaint hovel compared to estates she's seen in the cities, but nonetheless a welcome sight.

Kalima nods to her party and says, "Finally we have arrived. It is hard to believe these lands stretch so far and the travel time exceptionally large. I ought to learn a spell to snap my fingers and travel far in an instant before doing a trip like that again. After so much time sleeping on earth, a warm indoor location with bed, food and lodging is a welcome luxury. Come along then my travelling companions. To Restov and Relaxation!"

With that Kalima quickly moves forward with new exuberance, wanting to get somewhere dry and warm as soon as possible.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 1 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 9/9 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 11 (ff8) | F* +1 R* +5 W** +3 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +1 (Darkvision)

"...and that's two new mutton stews. Sorry about your lap." Wonky offers a cheerful and open grin that's abruptly met with a scowl from the middle-aged smith scrubbing at a dark greasy stain on his tunic. "I wouldn't recommend scrubbing it like that - when I've got stains on my clothing like that, I find that dabbing the spot with vinegar mixed with lemon juice and a few drops of a solvent that---" The smith interrupts her.

"Are you going to clean it for me, Short Stuff?" he asks bluntly.

"Um..." The gnome looks back to the kitchen doors noting the cook, Topher, frantically gesturing for her to return to bring out more of the dinner service to the hungry crowds at The Lord's Scabbard. "Yes! she replies brightly. "But you're going to have to leave it with me overnight..." She turns back to the gruff customer after signalling and mouthing a "two seconds" to Topher just in time to have the fragrant tunic dumped unceremoniously on her head.

"And make certain that it smells like lemons! AH-haha-HA-haha!" The smith raucously laughs to his dining companions as the gnome unsteadily weaves her way back to the kitchen bearing the dirty garment.

Rude. This isn't the Eager Glyptodon, but manners aren't difficult. Perhaps this is an inherited Aldori trait.

Dumping it on the ground next to a wooden box where her beloved Sprocket sits, Wonky bends down and scratches the bulldog behind his ears. Sprocket noses the remnants of mutton stew on the tunic, snorting and licking at the irresistible smells. Wonky sighs.

"What in the Hole of the Hells are you doing?" Topher was a big human, and when he wasn't groping Wonky's hair or shoulders, he was barking orders at a frenetic pace. "I've got three tables of orders to go out that are getting cold, and those dishes that you normally do a s@@*ty job washing aren't getting any cleaner! MOVE!"

Sprocket responds with a growl quickly hushed by the green-haired gnome.

"That mutt'd better watch it. The menu could easily be changed - I could just cross out the 'O-N' in our stew and..." Here, Topher draws his grimy thumb across his throat and stomps off to a large tureen.

"He's not a mutt..." the sullen gnome moves to the serving table, grabbing the next tray of dinner orders, hefting it above her head, and struggling back out into the busy dining room.

He'd better not try anything - I can't be sure that Sprocket wouldn't bite his hand off.

Paval and Aris - what are you eating?

Esme was in the throes of childbirth, or at least that was why she hadn't reported to work, Topher had said. This was Wonky's first go at dinner service at the Lord's Scabbard, having only worked as a server two times previously during the midday repast. It wasn't going well - three mistaken orders, four complaints of green hairs in dishes or tankards, and the aforementioned mutton-to-the-lap incident. Wonky wasn't sure if Topher wouldn't complain to Madame Vika about her ineptitude after much longer.

You could always take him up on his offer to spend the night at his house if it came to it. The offer of 'a spot of floor by the fireplace' might be better than another night on the hard floor of the storeroom here. If his intentions were really for you to sleep on the floor...or sleep at all...

The gnome shakes her head with a grimace of disgust, slopping a bit of the dinners on her tray on the ground in front of a table by the door. She smiles brightly at the faces looking down at her.

"Hiya, Paval! Hiya, Aris! Who's got what? Wonky braces the serving tray on the table edge, reaching over her head to offer a plate at the elf.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

Ahto follows after the Lady Kalima as she strides confidently into town.

"Does she know where she's going?" he quietly asks Aurelius from just outside of the woman's earshot.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1

Upon seeing Wonky arrive at their table Paval shakes his head in mock disgust, a big grin adorns his face. "You are the waitress, you are supposed to know the order!" By the time he finishes the sentence the grin broke into a hearty smile.

"I have the lentil soup that you spilled on the tray, though it seems your boss forgot I ordered some bread to go with it."

"So how is the job? And where did you leave Sprocket?" The dog had to be around here somewhere as he didn't think she'd leave it anywhere if she didn't have to.


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

Aurelius slides back the cowl of his cloak as he walks through the city gates, feeling a warm glow of home begin to radiate from the centre of his being. Restoc was bringing out the best in him once again, when before it had only encouraged the bad. This of course was a brief feeling, before he acclimated to the city and suddenly...

He took a few minutes, staring around the area after the gate, checking every alley and building he could with a glance, the slow prickling sensation of being watched, becoming an almost unbearable feeling on the back of his neck. He reached up and began to scratch at it, his search becoming a little more desperate, the sound of his own heart beating like hooves on cobbles, as if he were being chased by some gigantic beast that was slavering and howling for his blood, looking to dev...

"Does she know where she's going?" The Inquisitor leaned closer to Aurelius and whispered, nodding towards the Taldan woman.

Aurelius took a slow breath, his eyes darting after her, to hide any emotion he had just been feeling, befire he laughed quietly. "You have travelled with her this last bit, do you think it would matter if she did or not? I'll steer her on the right path right quick."

He hurried after the woman, coughing slightly so as not to spook her, as he approached her. "Miss Kalima, allow me to lead you to the best Inn in the city. They usually have a delicious stew on the fire and the best ale in the city, Caileans honour they do!" He grinned crookedly at the woman, before turning them all down the right path, towards the Lord's Scabbard.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 1 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 9/9 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 11 (ff8) | F* +1 R* +5 W** +3 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +1 (Darkvision)

"Eh. Serving tables is OK, I guess. Kinda exciting! All sorts of people escaping the rain tonite. Poor Sprocket is in the kitchen - he's got a box that he's comfy in---"

BA-roooOOOOOOOoooo! The unmistakable bay of a dog comes from the back of the inn.

The color escapes from Wonky's face as she slides the lentil soup almost into Aris' lap. Leaving the tray and Aris' actual dinner behind, she bolts back to the kitchen, dodging around a few patrons flowing between the bar and tables.

"I'll be back!" Wonky calls.


Get that creature away from me! booms the shout coming from the kitchens even before Wonky has time to arrive and see Sprocket sitting while looking at Bungay the Taldan chef who is backing himself against his fires and trying to keep a pot of his famous pheasant stew over his bald head.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 1 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 9/9 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 11 (ff8) | F* +1 R* +5 W** +3 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +1 (Darkvision)

Oh my springs and whistles, not Bungay the Unfun.

"Sprocket is quite the well-behaved dog, Bungay!" Wonky hustles into the kitchen, putting herself squarely in between the bald chef and the placid dog. "Besides, Madame Vika was quite clear that he could be by the dishwashing---"

And that's where Wonky gets interrupted.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima once within the city limits relaxes somewhat and slows down. Finally she has arrived in civilization. Restov being a pretty large city must have a good deal of places of more luxurious tastes and Kalima is the type who is willing to splurge after experiencing the wilds for so long.

She looks to Aurelius Vitollio when she is addressed and says, "Indeed good Vitollio. I am unfamiliar with this city and a lady of class such as myself would easily get lost among the winding paths of this locale. What prey-tell is the best inn and tavern in this city? Only the most noble of accommodations would satisfy me in a place such as this. A fine meal, a fine bath and sleeping in a fine bed will get the kinks of this filthy journey out of my mind."

After learning of the location as the Lord's Scabbard she says in response, "The Lord's Scabbard you say? Well it does have "Lord" in its name so I suppose it might have some luxury. Very well, lead me to the inn so we can make lodgings as soon as possible."

Soon she enters the inn and looks around the place, not impressed in the slightest. Commoner drinking establishments are never the luxury one expects. Still she restrains her complaints for the sake of politeness and approaches the barkeep or someone who appears to in charge of this place.

"Greetings good sir (or madame if its female). I am a noble traveler from afar looking to arrange a room for the night. I wish to have one of your noble accommodations along with access to a bath this evening. In addition I would like a glass of your fine wine and a well cooked and prepared meal, not the normal gruel you feed the average peasant here. Would you be able to make such arrangements?"

Sorry for my confusion. I thought Restov was the outpost at the start of the AP for some reason. Didn't know it was a city of over 18,000 so adjust my description appropriately replacing "Small" with "Large" and "Outpost" with "City".


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1

Paval can barely contain his laughter as Wonky makes a mess of things once more. When she hurries off after Sprocket calls out he slowly stands up, "I hope you will excuse me Aris, I think our greenheaded friend could use some aid."

As he passes the bar he hears the woman announce herself and sighs. You truly could spot the nobility everywhere. They stuck out like a sore thumb.

Spotting Aurelius he gives the man a short casual salute before continuing to the kitchen.

Seeing Wonky stand between Sprocket and what is most likely the chef Paval stops and looks at the chef. "Ah good man. I missed the bread with my order of lentil soup, do you happen to have it here? I can't have my soup without the bread." Inspired by the lady at the bar he tries to sound as pompous as possible.

Paval then turns to look at Sprocket, "What a delightful dog! Better to feed the kitchen scraps to such a lovely creature than throw them out for the rats."


Of course my lady blurts a flustered Topher I'll send our cleaner to prepare a room for you and will personally prepare a warm bath for you he looks at Aurelius and Ahto and with a bad imitation of a curtly asks Will your servants sleep on the common room or should we prepare a room for them?

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

She looks to the others and then back to Topher, "Indeed, a common room should be good enough for my attendants. Unless they are willing to pay money out of their own pockets for something better I suppose. Thank you for your adequate service to my needs and requests. What shall I owe you for these arrangements?"

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

"What are the rates your for rooms?" Ahto replies politely to the one called Topher.


Topher tries to hide the stains on his apron Oh no, my lady you don't have to pay anything the local lords will cover all expenses of their guests we'll just need your signature he turns to Ahto and says bluntly It's 3 copper pieces for a place in the common room and 2 silver pieces per head for a two beds room, food is included but drinks are on you

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

Ahto nods in acknowledgement of the stated price.

He removes his cloak, revealing his armor, great sword in its back-sheath and the iron key symbol of Abadar hanging from a leather thong around his neck.

He fishes into his pouch and pulls out two silver pieces. "I will take a room, then," he replies, handing the coins over to the innkeeper. "One that is unoccupied, if possible."

He turns to Aurelius and says, "You're welcome to share the room. We do not know each other well, but you know me well enough to not fear for your valuables."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima her ego perfectly stroked having the bill covered by the local lords says, "Very well, as a noble-lady I should have everything covered by the coffers of House Lodovka. Present the papers and I shall give my signature to seal the deal. After all, why should I have to pay for noble accommodations."


Topher seems surprised to see the simbol on Ahto's chest but without a word he moves quickly and enters the kitchen to find Wonky, Bungay and Sprocket stuck in a staring match. Come on girl move it! he screams at Wonky We have a LADY under our roof and I will not allow you to get me into trouble with Madame Vika he looks at Sprocket and Bungay and with a sarcastic smile on his face continues And you Bungay, you better show some of that Taldan cuisine you always boast about or I'll have you cook for the mutt for a week


N Female Elf Arcanist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10 | CMD: 11 | F 1, R 2, W 2 | Init +2 | Per +0 (Low-Light Vision)
Other Business:
Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | Portrait

In spite of the chaos, Aris somehow manages to keep her book free of the split pea soup that sloshes out of its bowl. Ignoring the mess (and the flecks of green on her crimson jacket), she continues reading, holding the book high until Wonky’s dog bays again, then snapping it shut and sliding it into a bag. ”This is impossible. Third Period Neo-Classical Taldan journals are hard enough without that dog.” She nods at Pavel as he steps away, then picks absently at her pheasant stew.

Though she takes notice of the newcomers entering The Lord’s Scabbard, she doesn’t make any moves to greet them. Instead, she runs again through what she knows, trying to find connections between the grand ball to be held tomorrow, her expertise on the Stolen Lands, and the rumors flying about a reclamation effort.

Background Knowledge Rolls:

I’d like to make a few rolls, just to see what background knowledge Aris has about some basic things. I’ve spoilered them because there are a few. Feel free to answer in as much or as little detail as you want.
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Those are all in regards to the Stolen Lands. I’d like to know, in order of importance, the basics of what’s there in terms of animals, monstrous/magical creatures, and people.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
[ooc]This one’s for Restov. Local law enforcement, a couple businesses, etc.

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Does Aris know anything about Kalima’s family? She seems to have some ties to the Lodovkas.
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
How aware is Aris of the political situation in Brevoy as a whole? Especially with regards to the Stolen Lands, but also in terms of tensions between different factions.


Ignore my previous post
Topher seems surprised to see the simbol on Ahto's chest but without a word he moves quickly and enters the kitchen just as Paval leaves with some bread acknowledging him with a nod Come on girl move it! he screams at Wonky We have a LADY under our roof and I will not allow you to get me into trouble with Madame Vika he looks at Sprocket and Bungay and with a sarcastic smile on his face continues And you Bungay, you better show some of that Taldan cuisine you always boast about or I'll have you cook for the mutt for a week and not just give it some scraps


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

Aurelius glared a bloody hole in the back of the retreating man, swearing under his breath, wishing the man a codpiece full of crabs and a wife full of ill intentions. He made a sign of a cut throat towards his retreating form, before glancing around and shaking his head.

"No thank you friend Ahto. I have to visit the Orphanage tonight. I will bed down there. I will stay for food and wine though, that much I can do!"

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima Raustald waits patiently for the arrangements to be made. House Lodovka would be more than willing to cover a bill considering her Great Grandmother was a member of that house. Such minor costs are but a pittance for them to cover. Being Chaotic Good she didn't stint too much about the morality of having someone else pay her bills. After all, she deserves it for the various inconveniences she had to endure.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 1 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 9/9 | AC 15 (t14;f12) | CMD 11 (ff8) | F* +1 R* +5 W** +3 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30') | Init +3 Perc +1 (Darkvision)
Topher wrote:
"Come on girl move it!" he screams at Wonky.

Wonky turns to Topher with a glare that misses the mark, given that the maitre'd is glaring at the chef. She stomps over to a serving tray of luke-warm dishes, hefts it over her head, and heads back out to the kitchen again, leaving Sprocket wagging his stumpy tail and whining slightly.

"...threaten to cook my dog and see where that gets you..." grumbles the gnome out loud as she loudly dumps a clatter of dishes in front of a table of drovers. She looks bluntly at the surprised group. "Your food!" Wonky growls. On her way back to the kitchen, she attempts to get around a willowy woman in a red silken dress idly moving in a bored and obtrusive fashion in front of the bar.

"EXCUSE me, please!" Wonky's attempts at dodging around the woman and her fastidiously-clean robes wears away at the last bit of her good humour.

How in a Cailean hangover did she keep her dress so clean in the streets of Restov? This city could take some lessons from the Hold of Belkzen in dealing with waste in the streets.

Finally free of the throngs of people, Wonky comes back to the kitchen in time to pass one of the drovers from the table she had just come from, returning the obviously-wrongly-delivered tray of dinner plates back to a red-faced Topher.

B+%+*#@s upon mollusks Wonky curses.

The bitter smile disappearing from his face as he focuses on Wonky, Topher sits the tray down with a bang! and picks up a bucket and mop, thrusting them roughly at the gnome.

"That's it! You're off serving duty. I'll handle it. YOU need to clean one of the double rooms upstairs - one of the EMPTY ones. Get rid of one of the beds in the room - and make it look FANCY. Then get your pert bum back down here, bring a copper basin up to that room, and fill it with hot water."

Wonky cocks her head at Topher. "Are we making her a private dinner by cooking it in her room?"

Topher's teeth crack in frustration. "You gnomes have such small brains. I swear, if you weren't so....NO, we're not cooking in her room! We're drawing her a BATH!"

Bungay chimes in from a large chopping block as he beheads a plucked pheasant. "We do that? Does Madame Vika know?"

"We do now. And if the two of you screw this up, I'll say it was your idea, right? Now MOVE! And take the mutt with you!" Topher storms back into the common room.


Aris knowledge checks:
About the Stolen Lands:
Aris knows that the Stolen Lands are a region North of the River Kingdoms and south west of Brevoy mostly unsettled and devoid of civilization. Its inhabitants are mostly hunters and trappers but lately there's been a huge spike in bandit activity.

She knows the Stolen Lands have a very strong links the First World and fey, both friendly and dangerous, are ubiquitous in the area.

Deers, boars, wolves and bears a frequent sights in the Stolen Lands. And Owlbears are probably the most often found magical creature.

About Restov:

Restov is governed by Ioseph Selemius as mayor with the help of a council of Swordlords. It is famous for its dueling schools. It's most important church is dedicated to Erastil. There's a small local guard that is often supplemented by the students of the different dueling schools if necessary.

About Kalima's family:

The Lodovka family is a northern noble house usually associated with the Lake of Mists and Veils.

About Brevoy:

Brevoy actually encompasses two different Kingdoms with their own cultures northern Issia and southern Rostland. It was united two centuries ago by Choral the Conqueror and governed by his descendants House Rogarvia. Last winter the whole reigning family disappeared overnight throwing the kingdom in disarray. House Surtova has taken control for the time being crowning Noleski Surtova as King but the old wounds have opened again and a war between the two kingdoms looms over the horizon.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

"It looks like he will occupied running and fetching for awhile," Ahto says to Aurelius. "We may as well find a table and see if we can catch the attention of the service."

Noting the crowded conditions of the tavern, Ahto approaches an elvish woman currently sitting alone. She appears to be attempting to read and eat soup at the same time, while also being periodically interested in the goings on in the kitchen.

"Your pardon, Miss," he says to her in a polite tone. "Are these seats taken? We have just arrived, and would like to sit and eat, if it will not overly disturb your studies."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima takes a seat with Ahto and says, "So Restov, a city I have heard about but have never had the pleasure of visiting. The next question is what I shall do next while I am here in this city? Certainly there is something a noble-lady with skills in proper courtly etiquette and magical talent would be useful for. I suppose one would call it employment seeking. I've never had to work you see, as my family is wealthy enough to provide most of my amenities. I have hard rumors that "Adventuring" is a profitable enterprise. Something that makes gentry of commoners due to the vast wealth one can claim if they have the skill and power to do so."

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

Ahto remains standing behind one of the empty chairs. His expression tightens when the Lady Kalima sits down without formal invitation. He waits patiently for the elf woman to accede to his request.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1

Paval makes his way back to the table where he and Aris were seated, only to find the pompous noble "lady" sitting in his place and her pet ape standing next to her. "Good day miss. I'm not sure where you are from but here it's considered impolite to just take a seat at somebody else's table. Let alone behind somebody else's food. My food."

Without noticing it, Paval places his hand so that it is resting on the pommel of his blade.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima Raustald looks to Paval and says, "I merely wish to speak to my companion Ahto while I wait for the meal that was promised. I had no idea this seat was taken for there was no one sitting in it when I last looked. This place is rather crowded after all and I merely took a chair that was unoccupied and where my travelling companion was so hastelly heading to. As for the impolite action, it was not my intention to be offensive. I have little experience with the protocol of these peasant drinking establishments. But if indeed you have claimed this chair first, I will vacate and find another. Still do not presume that a commoner such as yourself has a better claim to a seat than myself, I after all am highborn lady."

With that she stands up and makes space for the man that just approached her and takes a position near Ahto.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

Seeing the man's hand move to rest on his weapon, Ahto turns to the man and says, in the same polite tone.

"Indeed, the Lady showed poor manners; taking a seat without invitation. However, if you feel her disrespect is to be met with bloodshed, sir, then I will have you in manacles and before the magistrate within moments of your first cut. If you do not want our company, simply say so, and we will take our leave, and look somewhere else for a table."


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1

Paval was ready to offer a retort to the lady when the man spoke, sounding more proper than an ape has any business to. He looked at him and then down at his own hand on the pommel of his blade. He slowly slid his hand away. "Sorry, force of habit. People here tend to desire a duel over just about anything." He shook his head. Stupid hand.

"As for you miss, don't presume you have any claim to anything here. I heard you claim relation to one of the Issian houses just now, I'd keep that quiet if I were you. The innkeeper will gladly take your money but in the rest of Restov they aren't too fond of Issian nobility. Trust me, it's best to keep your head down or at least downplay that heritage of yours."

"Beyond that, the bowl of soup you were sitting behind is mine, they just forgot my bread." Paval holds it up as if to make a point, "You are free to take any other seat at the table though. Both of you."


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

Aurelius nods and follows after Ahto absentmindedly. He does not pay too much attention to the goings on at the table, focusing instead on the surroundings in the Inn. The place was packed to the rafters, full of colorful folk of all walks of life. He smiled faintly, sighing as he relaxed, before turning back to the table. He looked confused as Ahto threatened the man, before he glanced down to find the stranger resting his hand on the pommel of his blade.

"You are threatening my friends boy. Probably not a good idea. Ahto is not from around here, but I am. You insult me and mine, I will meet your challenge. A duel, if you wish it. He pushes his cloak back from over the pommel of his dueling sword and gestured towards the door. [b]"What say you?"

When the man apologized, Aurelius sighed, "Pah I have been away from home for too long. I need a drink and a bloody plate of stew." With that he dragged a chair over to himself, but sat back from the table, before calling to a Waitress to bring him some food and wine.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima says in response to Paval Fagyaszt, "I shall claim my noble antecedents as I will, peasant. Do not presume to lecture me about what my claims are."

Without another word she heads off to find another table, hopefully one that isn't occupied by more filthy commoners.


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

Aurelius sighs and follows after the woman, taking a seat without so much as a 'by your leave'. He frowns, putting his back against the wall, keeping an eye on the room, before he addresses Kalima. "Miss Kalima when I took this job, I agreed to keep you safe till we reached the city. I have done that, but damn if I do not feel responsible for you, now that you are here. I respect that you are a Lady of fine blood and birth, and I understand that this has, in the past, given you the right to say whatever the hells you like, to whoever you so chose but..." He gestured around the room casually. "You are alone here, in this new city, without the protection of yer family, without a retainer to guard your back. You paid me, not well, to get you here. My job is done my dear. You can not continue to insult and belittle people as peasants, you will be robbed, beaten and maybe murdered. This place is not the nice lawful halls of your families estates. Just some food for thought m'Lady!"

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

Ahto unshoulders his pack, sets it on the floor beside him, and then takes a seat. In his same polite tone, continues "it appears we all got off on the wrong foot. There is no reason for simple misunderstanding to turn into resentment and anger. First let me apologize for any slight given. My name is Ahto Ulrych, Disciple of Abadar. I came to Restov in the company of the Lady Kalima as we both happened to be traveling the same road and the same time. Brigands being the cowards that they are would be less likely to accost a larger, well-armed party. That fellow is Aurelius," he says, indicating to the man now leaving the table. "My understanding is that he is currently in Lady Kalima's employ, though I'll leave his story to him for the telling, should he return."


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1

Paval just laughed at the lady's comments. "You are free to do as you please. Just stop presume people are commoner's, the local nobles aren't as friendly as I am."

He then turned to the big guy, extending a hand, "Apologies aren't necessary but thank you anyway Ahto. My name is Paval Fagyaszt, just around visiting friends. I would keep an eye on her, she'll get all of you in trouble. Herself most of all."

He then proceeded to eat his tepid lentil soup.


Before the spoon reaches Paval's mouth a cry from outside echoes around the tavern. Everybody stays quiet without daring to pull their gaze from their drinks. Topher turns white and almost lets a bowl of pheasant stew a la Taldan slip from his tray.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1

"What was that?" Without realising Paval had dropped the spoon, spilling soup, and his hand was on the pommel of his blade once more.

With some effort he pulled his hand away from the blade and stood up. He picks up the bowl and puts it to his mouth, downing as much as he can with a single gulp, leaving soup well trimmed beard. He then picks up the bread and walks to the door. His sword hand once more ready to draw the blade while the other brought the bread to his mouth.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

Ahto quickly gets to his feet and move towards the door, shouldering his way through the standing patrons.

"Move aside please!" he says in an urgent tone.


As he walks through the door Paval sees a group of four men dressed in black and burgundy clothes holding two local boys, a third boy lays on the ground his blood mixing with the rainwater. Over him stands a white-haired woman cleaning a rapier on the clothes of the corpse. With a strong Chelaxian accent she says That should teach you a lesson about how to behave in the presence of your betters.

Turning to the men she barks Give those two a good beating but don't kill them, we want the dregs like them to hear what happens to those lacking respect


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

Aurelius lunges to his feet and heads for the door, pushing his way past those standing there, a step behind Ahto. Upon reaching the outside, he takes a moment to take in the situation, before he steps forward, a grim look on his face.

"OI! What the f+~& did they do to deserve that?"

Aurelius is spoiling for a fight it seems!

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

"DO NOT MOVE!" Ahto says in a booming voice.

"In the name of Abadar and the city of Restov, I order you to stand bound on the charge of armed assault! DROP YOUR WEAPONS, AND RELEASE THEM, NOW!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Ahto brandishes his morning star as he moves towards the group, intent on reaching the injured boy.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima hears Aurelius Vitollio out and is about with a witty retort but she stops when she overhears the trouble outside. Aurelius runs off and Kalima follows behind him to get a view of what is going on. She looks silently at the commotion, waiting to see how the others will react to Ahto before providing assistance as needed. Whatever scuffle this is, it does not concern her directly, but if her attendants get involved, she is obligated to do the same.


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

Aurelius pushed out to the side, circling a little away from Ahto, giving himself some space, his eyes locked on the Chelaxian woman.


N Female Elf Arcanist 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 12, T 12, FF 10 | CMD: 11 | F 1, R 2, W 2 | Init +2 | Per +0 (Low-Light Vision)
Other Business:
Arcane Reservoir: 3/4 | Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | Portrait

Aris sighs, shaking her head slowly as she addresses the pompous noblewoman who'd sat with her before leaving. "As Pavel said, it'd be wise to keep your heritage a secret. Some of the Swordlords don't take kindly to people flouting their station, or to those acting out. This isn't the River Kingdoms."

She stands up, following those heading to The Lord's Scabbard's door. As she goes, she grabs a touch of iron filings from her bag, rubbing them in her fingers and muttering something to herself.

Readying an action to cast Enlarge Person on...probably Ahto. He looks like a big fella. Trigger would be if he goes for a fight.


The men drop the boys who run away without even looking at the body on the ground. Two of them place their hands on the pommel of their weapons but before they unsheathe the shortest of them, an ugly man with a shaved head, steps toward the tavern door with his hands raised and a smile on his face There is no need for this he says calmly those criminals tried to rob my lady who is here under the invitation and protection of Dame Sarrona Lebeda he turns to look at the pool of blood and water forming under the body and a red pentagram under his clothes glints for a second I agree that maybe she was overenthusiatic with the punishment, but let's be fair, the kids had it coming to them.


Male Human Swordlord Fighter Lvl 1 / HP 11 [11] / AC 17 : T 14 : FF 13 / F +3 : R +4 : W +0 / INIT +4 / PER +0 : SUR +4

"Brave brave men, roughing up boys. Braver woman, stabbing an unarmed lad!" Aurelius grins, pushing out of the crowd, dropping his longcoat and cloak to the ground behind him, cracking his neck and circling out to put a clear stretch of ground behind his heels. "Let the man save the lad if he can, no one needs to die here tonight."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Taldorian) Sorcerer 1 (Celestial) l AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 l HP 8/8 l F +1 R +2 W +2 l Init +4 l Perc +0

Kalima steps forward and says to the bald man and the rest of the other people "You are correct sir that there is no need for further violence. If indeed that man and his colleges are guilty of Banditry then they would be hung as criminals for their crimes. These ruffians willingness to assault an emissary in the streets also hints that these men may have been attempting an assassination or at the very least lowly street scum looking to profit off of robbing their betters. Still this is the City of Restov where there is proper constables to deal with criminals and executing a man in the streets and performing vigilante justice is beyond your authority. So everyone, ease your hands from your blades and let us discuss this peacefully."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Knowledge (Nobility) to know Dame Sarrona Lebeda: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 1 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 12/12 l F +3 R +0 W +4/+6* l Init +0 l Perc +6

Ahto grasps the Iron Key around his neck and whispers a prayer to Abadar as he extends his hand towards the fallen boy.

"Master, I beseech thee, bind his wounds, and contain his life's blood. (casts stabilize on the boy.)

1 to 50 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker: Once upon a time in Golarion vol. 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.