Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Once upon a time...

Game Master Lloyd Jackson

The players and the places


101 to 150 of 288 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"That is fine, we will go from here on foot. I would like to let you stay in the wagon, but I have no idea where I am going. If you can give us a good set of directions, you could hide out here. But then again, I would be afraid to leave you alone if there are nasties about... I am sorry."

Eleanor furls her brow, and debates back and forth, weighing the pros and cons of leaving Ashberry, and settles on needing the youngling to come with her and Dassah.

"So we know there are likely Kobolds ahead of us. Unfortunately I am not entirely sure what that means." Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19. Heading off in the general direction Ashberry indicates, Eleanor takes the lead with Ashberry in between her and Dassah.

"I don't think she likes me much yet. Three days and she still winces a little when I come close. Do you suppose the kobolds look like me? I thought you kind of made me up?"

Eleanor does her best to relieve the Dassah's concerns, "Regardless of what they may turn out to look like, I am certain they are nothing like you. Just look at what they did to Ashberry. Gods know what they did to her kin. I wouldn't worry overly about it, but I am glad you have taken enough of a liking to the girl to be concerned. Maybe we could talk to her about it more as soon as we are done here. For now, I really need you to be her eyes and ears, and mine as well. You are certainly better at noticing stuff than I can hope to be!"

"I suppose... I just wish she was a little less scared. I am not sure seeing me with you makes her like you any better either, but I will do my best."

Trying to distract the halfling from the obvious discomfort and worry she must be feeling based on the events that transpired here last, Eleanor tries to engage the girl in quiet conversation. "You know Ashberry, Dassah and I are looking through these wilds for a place to settle down. Maybe you have some stories about the area you could share? I am sure your family must have had some incredible adventures! I know we have, and we have been here less than a month."


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

As they begin to enter the stony area, caution gets the better of the small band of heroes, and the three lone girls do their best to go unnoticed, keeping their eyes peeled for any potential danger.

"We will keep you as safe as we possibly can. Remember where the wagon is, and run away if this goes badly." Eleanor whispers to Ashberry, giving her a comforting squeeze as they head in. "Just stay between Dassah and me."

Pausing a moment longer, Dassah loads her crossbow, and shows Ashberry how to do the same. Taking the hint, Eleanor follows suit. "Just hope we don't trip," echoes Dassah's voice inside Eleanor's head, followed by a nervous laugh.

"I will do my best if you do!" answers Eleanor, doing her best to sound confident.

Eleanor: Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Ashberry: Strealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Dassah: Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Eleanor: Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Ashberry: Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Dassah: Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


Knowledge: nature doesn't apply to kobolds. Also, are you using any light source. Ashberry doesn't have darkvision. Also, you will have to specifically say you are looking for traps each time you enter a room if want to spot them. (That's what the rules say.)

As you approach the opening the stairs, it becomes obvious that this place was not designed with humans, or kobolds, in mind, but something considerably larger. The steps are too wide and high to make for comfortable usage. Ashberry has to scramble down them, as would any kobolds here.

At the base of the stairs, perhaps thirty feet down from surface, you see the stairs opening into a chamber. A trio of corpses, two the size of adult humans and another the size of a halfling, or child, lie on the ground. Near the center of the room, a broken stump of black rock juts from the floor, smaller pieces of the reflective stone lie scattered around.

Cautiously descending, you see Dassah stop Ashberry and gesture to be quite. Don't move. See those bodies, there are wires running from them further into the room, and something hiding behind the stump. Four of them, and small. A little bigger than ours, but with scales and lizard faces. Kobolds?


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"I think that could be a kobold... Hmm.... Ok, you whisper what you see to Ashberry, and the two of you stay close to me. Don't touch the wires, and help the little one hide."

Quietly as possible, Eleanor reaches out and gently tugs Ashberry's arm, gesturing towards the stump, then holding a finger to her lips, indicating the need for silence. Eleanor then performs a summoning ritual, targeting the top of the stump indicated by Dassah.

If one of the little critters pops up when the eagle appears, shoot it. I hope this flushes them out...

The two small ones hide and ready themselves as Eleanor completes the summoning.

Eleanor Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Ashberry Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Dassah Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

If eagle happens without a hitch:

Eagle to Hit (Smiting): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Eagle Damage, if hit: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Eagle to Hit (Smiting): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Eagle Damage, if hit: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Eagle to Hit (Smiting): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Eagle Damage, if hit: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

I am assuming Kobolds are evil. If I am incorrect, the eagle does 1 less damage per hit.


Alas, there is no place to hide, as the stairs are straight and the kobolds can see in the dark. Will have a map, of sorts, posted sometime. *Edit. Well that roll was convenient. You do go first.Map! Note that something will be different from the map as depicted.

Crunch:
Initiative
Eleanor1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Dassah1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Ashberry1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
KW11d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
KW21d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
KW31d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
KW41d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
KS11d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
KS21d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Initiative
Eleanor
KS2
KW2
Dassah
KW1
KS1
KW3
KW4
Ashberry

AOO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 ⇒ 6


Once again, you're glad your abilities don't rely on the flashy gestures and incantations of traditional spells. All it takes is a little focus and your summon appears over the rubble. With a shriek it stoops, kobolds scattering before the unexpected attack. One, blood streaming from wounds, disappears with the others.

Dassah is able to shoot, but her bolt misses the agile creatures. From out of sight, the kobolds respond with a shower of bolts directed towards the things which startled them, but all go wide.

Ashberry inexperience slows her, and all the targets vanish before she is able to fire.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Eleanor casts Mage Armor on Dassah before the party slowly and carefully proceeds into the next room, doing their best to avoid the wires.

"Watch these wires please." Eleanor cautions Ashberry as they head into the room, eyes alert for any signs of more Kobolds. "The eagle should keep some of them busy, but it is worth looking for cover as we head in." Eleanor moves carefully, keeping herself between the Kobolds on the right her small friends.

"Keep Ashberry close, and don't let her out of sight please."

Eleanor moves forward thirty feet, to the left hand side of the pile of bodies.

Dassah moves forward 20', sticking to the side of Ashberry, trying to expose herself only to one of the groups of kobolds, then reloads her crossbow.

The eagle, being a bird of prey, charges the kobold fleeing from its attacks.

To Hit: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23 (+3 to hit, +2 Augmented Summoning +2 from charge)
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 (+2 Augmented Summoning, +1 Smite)


Augmented summoning doesn't change the eagle's attack modifier, as it uses dexterity. Does change damage though. Did you want to slow your turn down so that you, Dassah, and Ashberry go at the same time? Also, if you want to run Dassah's actions, feel free. Since you already declared actions, I didn't feel bad about doing it last round. *Edit I am just not rolling well for the minions of evil. So many 1s.

Eleanor
KW2
Dassah
KW1 -2
KS1 -1(S)
KW3
KW4
Ashberry

crunch:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 71d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

You move carefully into the room, avoiding the wires attached to the corpses. A pair of kobolds crouch in the hallway, one frantically fires at you. The bolt nicking your face. The other seems to be unarmed, looking fearfully at you before running down the hall and taking a right. The crossbow wielding one soon follows after. A few seconds later, a pair of scream and a wet squishing sound come from the same hallway. A cry from the hallway opposite the stairs ends abruptly, indicating your eagle has found it's prey.

As Dassah and Ashberry enter the room, two kobolds in the coridor to your right take aim. One shot misses entirely while the other grazes Dassah's tail. Ashberry responds in kind, but Dassah notices her wincing as she hold the bow. Her shot goes wide.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Eleanor wanted to go first so that she could pull any of the bad guys fire before Dassah and Ashberry entered, but we can all move on Ashberry just to make it easier. Until the eagle dies, I am going to assume it just hits the closest kobold. I now have handle animal, but I dont know where my feathered friend is. I will ask Dassah, Ashberry, and the Eagle (when it is around) to do things, and leave their actual action to you.

"We should take it slow to keep with our little one. I don't want her getting lost in the panic. "

Eleanor's long tail snakes a cure light wounds out of her beltpouch as she draws and loads her own crossbow.

"I will do my best to stay between these guys and you two, but you should try to find a spot with cover before you fire."

Eleanor frowns at the sounds of the eagle's victory. Well, thats one down. Shortly thereafter she winces. Well, that sounds like three down. I hope whatever got them is friendly towards us...

"Ashberry, you should hide near those poor folks, I don't think the creatures can fire through them. It will keep you safer, sadly it is a little gross. Better to be safe and alive than squeemish though. I fear something is down there. The good news is it may have slain a couple of our foes. The bad news is that does not necessarily make it a friend. Just try not to shoot at whatever it is until we know for sure, ok?"

Smiling at Dassah, Eleanor adds, "You keep with her, you are doing great so far. Just like helping me learn to fight all over again I bet!"

"You know, if it hurts to use that," Eleanor nods towards Ashberry's crossbow, "you could just load for Dassah, and trade back and forth as needed. If you want to learn though, you should."


Sounds good. I think I actually do have the map for edit, anyone with link, no login. Now at least. It isn't easier or harder, just wondering if you wanted to. The numbers near names are their current hit points. The bolts only did one damage to you and Dassah.

Round 3
Eleanor 15
KW2
Dassah 10
KW1 -2(s)
KS1 -1(S)
KW3
KW4 -2
Ashberry

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d6 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

You hear the sound of feet, and the kobold who shot you runs back into view and darts into the room behind you. In draconic you hear it shout.The ghost! Run!

I will keep trying Patrona. Ashberry says determindly, while moving to crouch near the bodies for cover.

Dassah hisses and takes aim once more, and buries her bolt the in the kobold's stomach. The remaining kobold shoots back, but seeing the snake woman nimble twist out of the way, and taking a second look at his companion, he flees into the room behind him and out of sight.Almost like the ducks you learned on. Those pigs we found were much scarier than these.

The eagle flies back to perch on the rubble.

As DM fiat, I declare the Dassah is now proficient with crossbows and other simple weapons. I blame you for saying she taught you to fight and the dice for making her a good shot. Her bonus to attack should be +6 now. Yes?


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

If she is proficient, yes.

"I think it is almost time to be considering those potions." announces Eleanor, trying to sound at least slightly jovial about the course of battle.

"My friend, would you mind terribly attacking that pest over there?" she asks the eagle, gesturing to the kobold with the crossbow to the east.Attempting to push (DC 25), leaving eagle stuff to you.

"East or west? It sounds like they believe the north is occupied by a ghost. I have no idea of what or if we can even hurt such a creature."

Turning to Ashberry, and speaking in quiet tones, Eleanor asks, "I don't know if you can speak Draconic, but the creature said, 'The ghost! Run!'. Do you have any idea what they are talking about?"

I will provide cover for the Dassah and Ashberry, moving at their speed and holding action until another Kobold appears. If one appears, I will fire. On Ashberry's initiative, we will all move west.


If you're doing the action, like the pushing, do the roll too. The voodoo must be your own.

Round 4
Eleanor 15
KW2
Dassah 10
KW1 -2(s)
KS1 -1(S)
KW3
KW4 -2
Ashberry

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

The eagle flies after the fleeing kobold, disappearing from view.

Dassah turns her head this way and that. Intently listening for something. I can't hear anything from north or west. East seems safer. The kobold over there is still alive at least. Don't want to be trapped though. Maybe you and the little one should stay by the stairs while I look around. I can spot and sneak better and if something does get me it will be okay. You can bring me back. I can't. This last thought is colored with irritation. It's always upset Dassah that if something happens to you she can't bring you back.

With no visible threat left, Ashberry begins edging away from the bodies. No. I never went further than the stairs. She begins to shake as tears fall from her face. That's my brother. Antal. Gesturing towards the smallest of the three corpses. Why? Why did this happen?


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Push: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Eleanor wraps her arms around the tiny girl, shushing her. "We will do the best for those we can, and we will make sure he is buried however you see fit. You did the best you could. I promise we will try to save the rest."

"I will ready another summoning. If you get in trouble, just send the word, and I will bring in an eagle. It will make you go away in a much more pain free manner than .... than your proposal."

With her crossbow loaded, Eleanor tries to split her attention between the east and west, keeping an eye out for any other kobolds.

"Dassah is going to try and sneak away to find out what she can. You should watch her. It is amazing how quickly and silently she can move. They will never see her coming."

"I will stay here and keep her safe. You be as careful as possible. First sign of trouble, and run. Run as fast as your tail can carry you straight back to me. . . and here." Dassah's barbed tail snakes out, dropping the healing potion in to Dassah's hand. "One more, just to be safe. For me. Load your crossbow before you sneak out. Report back to me, a lot."

Eleanor loads her crossbow, and nods to Ashberry that she should do the same. "We have to be prepared, just in case. No matter what though, don't start shooting at them to make yourself feel better about the loss of your brother. It just makes it hurt more in the long run, I promise."

As soon as the weapons are loaded, and Dassah begins her talk, Eleanor takes the halflings hand in her own, squeeezing gently, doing her best to provide comfort while Dassah completes her reconnaissance.


She clings to you for several moments before retrieving her crossbow. Right. Let's save them. It isn't a confident statement, more like a hope.

Dassah slings her crossbow behind her. One hand holding the escape potion the other the healing one. Oh good. I hate dying. As she slithers off, You know I hate clothing, but right now a sash or something would be really helpful.

Ashberry follows your instructions and stays alert, but once the hand is offered, holds on tightly. As tightly as she can.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
It's good to be awesome. This girl needs something that gives her sneak attack. Just saying.

Despite your darkvision, and knowing what to look for, Dassah vanishes into darkness as though she were a ghost. An astonished gasp resounds in your mind before turning into a chuckle The Ghost! Wait.... No ghost makes slurp, slurp noises, or has a floating, melting kobold in front of it. Eleanor! I'm looking at a giant cube of glowing jello! There's a suit of armor, a full one like the ones in mansions, and sword inside. That's the ghost. Now, what's a giant cube of jelly doing here, and what do we do about it?


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"I have no clue at all. I will ask Ashberry if she has ever heard of such a thing."

Eleanor explains the idea of a giant blob of jelly with armor in the middle.

"Don't hit it, bet it cant move too fast without legs, no offense. Come back please?"

"I wish I knew a little more about the bizzare things in this word. Could come in handy. But, we have crossbows, a little magic, eagles, and last I checked a couple flasks of fire. One of those might have some impact?"[b] Eleanor does her best to sound confident, but secretly holds sincere doubt as to what this thing could be.

[b]"On the way back, see if any of those lizard guys are still alive. Maybe we can question one. They might know."


Ashberry has never heard of such a thing, though she seems encouraged by the list of assets.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d6 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
The twang of a crossbow echos down the hallway. We can question this one. He won't be getting away.

As you wait, a soft glow become visible in the hallway to the north. It grows steadily stronger. Eventually allowing you to see the bodies of two kobolds lying on the ground. One is struggling to move, but even as you notice this, it freezes like a trap rabbit and utters a pitiful shriek of denial as a glowing transparent wall flows over it and it's companion. And indeed it appears as though a ghostly knight over a few inches above the ground within the thing. A silvery suit of finely made full plate and a slightly curved, single edged sword raised as though to strike. The sword seems to be the source of the light. As you watch, the two kobolds seem to dissolve. Another, slightly less coherent kobold body floats near to front of the... thing.

Dassah comes back into view with a kobold limping along with a bolt through it's thigh. Having had a similar injury yourself, it looks as though this bolt broke the bone, while yours was a flesh wound.

Though you cannot see it, you sense that your summon is still around.

Fear Cubey! The gelatinous cube!


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

If only I had Knowledge(Dungeoneering)!

Eleanor turns to the kobold, and quickly demands, "What can be used to defeat a creature such as that? If we can not stop it, all I can promise is that you will be the first to feed it."

As she finishes her bold statement, she leans down, and whispers into the ear of Ashberry "I would not actually feed anything to a monster like that..."

"You are the smart one. Any thoughts? My thoughts are to try to keep ahead of it and keep trying what we have until something works!"

As Eleanor finishes speaking with her Eidolon, she takes the Halfling by the hand, and leads her towards Dassah, firing a bolt at the looming blob. Moving 20 feet to Dassah, so the Halfling can keep up if she also fires

To Hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Damage, if Hit: 1d8 ⇒ 6


I know right. Those bards with the knowledge:everything abilities. Spoony is what I call it. I'm assuming you spoke in Common? Have you tried using the map?

The kobold looks at you in confusion and terror. Incomprehension showing in its face.

Shoot it and see what happens?

It is almost impossible to miss the thing. All three of your bolts pierce the gelatinous wall, leaving holes that ooze protoplasm. The bolt shafts begins to dissolve inside the cube, and the creature moves in your direction.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 131d6 ⇒ 6

GC 32


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Eleanor patiently herds the group of small ones further away from the cube, taking only a five foot step as she does so. "Down that hall way to the West. Keep an eye on the cube. Don't let it near you. I will try to keep its attention." With that, Eleanor loads her crossbow, lets out a yell, and fires.

To Hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Damage (If hit): 1d8 ⇒ 2

"Let's not stand too close. If it comes within thirty feet, we run away. Keep firing from as far away as possible. Leaking stuff can't be a good sign, I will assume the crossbows are doing just fine... For now. I don't think our little friend here is a threat anymore, and I don't think we have time to baby sit him. If he runs away. . . we will think of something."

As the bolt strikes the strange knight in a bubble Eleanor says (in Common), "I don't know where that eagle ran off to, but I hope he is doing some good!"

I don't want to spend any time trying to control the Kobold. I also don't think Eleanor can shoot a non-threat. So, he is free as a bird. Map: I will use it this turn. I moved Dassah and Ashberry to where I want them to go. I moved Eleanor a five foot step north-west (diagonal). Dassah was in the space Eleanor is currently in, and Ashberry was directly south of the space Eleanor is currently in. I assume the large square is the cube?


Yep

Your bolt puts another small hole in the thing's mass. Ashberry and Dassah stand behind you, loading and readying their crossbows.

GC 30


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"Keep backing down the hallway, Dassah keep your eyes open behind us please."

Eleanor moves down the hall, again loading her crossbow.

Hopefully the other two do the same.


crunch:

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 271d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 331d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 251d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 221d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 321d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 171d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

NOO! CUBEY! Why did you have to be mindless and go after the best food source?! Really Ash. Really? You missed something with a AC of 5!

As you move out of the room, Dassah and Ashberry cover you, Dassah bolt once again pierces the membrane. Ashberry, however, manages to miss the proverbial side of a barn.

The creature begins to move faster, gliding over the rubble to engulf the bodies, and helpless kobold, by the foot of the stairs. As it moves over the bodies, your suspisions regarding the ropes are comfirmed. Three bolts from cunningly concealed traps tear weeping wounds, while from inside the bodies three spears burst forth. With so many gaping holes, the cube seems to collapse within itself, gushing out to leave most of the room foot deep in goo. Though dead, the creature's acid is still functioning, dissolving any organic material it touches. The armor and weapon collapse atop the dissolving bodies.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"Run!" Eleanor runs full speed down the hall, grabbing the smaller two by the hands and pulling them after. "I would hate to see what the goo does to any of us!"

Reaching the room at the end of the hall, Eleanor help Ashberry up onto one of the beds, then Dassah, and after they get atop, Eleanor steps up herself.

"Well. We may be up here a while... Eleanor spits into the goo, and watches the reaction. "I am sorry we couldn't save your brother, Antal. If you want, we can stop and bury him before we continue on, or we can keep moving towards who ever is left, and make getting there fast our top priority."

"When you came down the hallways, looking for the ghost, did you see any sign of the other halflings?"

Every couple minutes, Eleanor will spit again into the goo. Once the goo no longer reacts, Eleanor will stick in a hoof, and see how safe it is, then hop down once it seems to be safe. Once satisfied the goo is safe, or gone, Eleanor will help the others down.

"Lets check back the way we came, then . . ."

If Ashberry wants to stop and give Antal's bones a proper burial, we will try that before we head out. Otherwise, we continue on. Either way we will stop and pick up the glowing sword and check if the armor will fit Ashberry. (Small kobolds, used to be small halflings. I figure there might be a shot.) Anything immediately identifiable as useful we will pick up as we head back to the main room and through to the east were Dassah has explored a little bit.


Map! My apologies, I meant to have Dassah's comment on the last post.

Not sure. I heard something, sounded like fighting and non-kobold voices, coming from the hallway to the right as we ran past. Earlier, nothing.

He. He was already dead, and someone else could still be alive. We need to help them first.

The goo doesn't spread out much beyond the front room. The vicious fluid keeps a depth of just under a foot. If you choose to investigate the ooze rather than the fighting... Seeing little danger in it reaching the stone beds, you venture closer to investigate. Several minutes of investigation provide little evidence of the acid weakening.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"I agree. Dassah said she heard the sounds of conflict down the hallway ahead. I think we should start there." Eleanor helps the other two down off the bed, then heads the direction indicated by Dassah. "Make sure you bows are loaded and ready, just in case."

As the party begins its journey down the hall, Eleanor dismisses her summoned eagle. [i]"Thank you, where ever you are.[/b]"


crunch:
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 ⇒ 1


Initiatve
Ashberry
Pentu
KW4
BS
KW5
Dassah 9
KW1
Eleanor 15
KW2
KW3

A room comes into view, two stone tables with benches knocked askew and overturned. Six kobolds armed with crossbows crouch anxiously, their attention focus on a corner of the room you cannot see. One of them spots your light and shouts a warning to the others.

Ashberry is ready, but her bolt shatters on the stones near her feet. You hear her curse quietly. It seems the wounds on her hands are affecting her more than she let on. Three of the kobolds, those three nearest you fire at Dassah, the member of your party nearest them. One of the bolts is able to slip past the armor you created, drawing another thin red line along your friend. She responds in kind, though her line is a bit deeper.

One Kobold stands more errect than the others and carries itself with an air of authority. It also seems to be a bit different color than the others, but it is hard to tell with darkvision. And the other two kobolds keep looking between you and the corner, waiting for something.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Muttering something about kobolds, giant ghost cubes, and how she wished the two would meet more often, Eleanor summons an eagle directly on the head of the larger authoritative kobold.

"If you need that potion, drink up. Don't wait until it is too late."

As she speaks, Eleanor's tail slips into her belt pouch and retrieves one of her own potions.

"Ashberry, are you any good at healing? I think we may need some help in that area very soon."


Initiative
Ashberry 4
Pentu
KW4
KW5
Dassah 9
KW1 0
BS 9
KW2
KW3 -1
Eleanor 15
Seagle 6

crunch:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d6 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d4 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 2

I can heal. She says determinedly, before putting a bolt through her leg. The kobolds laugh at the girl shooting herself. Dropping the crossbow and limping behind you, I should stop trying to use that.

The three kobolds once again fire on Dassah, but fail to hit. Her reply is more effective, sinking into her previous kobold's chest. It crawls under one of the tables.

As your eagle swoops down, the three waiting kobolds turn their bows on it, with a bolt clipping the eagle's wing, while it tears at the larger kobold.

Once the kobolds are distracted, you see a small, furry humanoid tackle one of the kobolds to the left.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Eleanor takes a kind, matronly tone, and explains to Ashberry, "We will take some time to help you as soon as we are done. I am sure we can find some way to help your aim a little. For now, focus on how to make you and Dassah heal up a bit."

As she finshes, Eleanor reloads her crossbow, and aims carefully at one of the kobolds not engaged in melee combat.

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage (If Hit): 1d8 ⇒ 7

"Keep the pressure on, I think they will have to break soon. Stay close to Ashberry though, she might be able to heal you."

As the small furry humanoid tackles a kobold, Eleanor asks Ashberry, "Look there, is that one of your family? The one who just tackled the kobold there."

Then loudly, "If any of you are Ashberry's family, we are here to rescue you as best we can! She is here with us, and safe."

I think the eagle will continue attacking the one he found, and I will focus on the kobold who clipped the eagles wing.


Ashberry
Pentu
KW4
KW5
Dassah 9
KW1 0
BS 9
KW2
KW3 -1
Eleanor
Seagle 6

crunch:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d4 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Unfortunately, things don't seem to be going your way this time. Both you and Dassah miss your targets, and right before it is able to close in, a strange weapon, like a claw on a length of rope, disapperating your eagle. You hear the unknown creature give a bestial cry of pain, though it does not appear to have be hit.

However, things are hardly better for the kobolds. A third of their number are down, and they have yet to inflict serious harm on your party. Ashberry provides a bright moment. You suddenly feel a wave of life wash over you and your wounds close.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"Well done Ashberry!"

"no worries, you will get them this time"

Eleanor summons another eagle onto the head of the strange leader kobold.


Pentu 7 12
KW4
KW5
Dassah
KW1 0
BS 2
KW2
KW3 -1
Eleanor
Seagle

crunch:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d4 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Ashberry stays behind you, waiting for her magic to be needed. Dassah follows your lead and aims for the leader. The wound is small, but every bit helps. Your eagle's claws strike true, leaving the kobold badly wounded, but it shows no signs of retreating.

All of the kobolds focus their aim on the furry creature. Dassah's thoughts come to you, Something weird is happening. One of the bolts and the leader's claw weapon both hit, but nothing happened. One of the others though, it's bolt went right to the heart. It should have killed it, but it was mostly stopped, like the skin was wood or something. The bolt got deep enough though. From the way blood is spurting out, one of the arteries near the heart has hit. Thing will be dead in less than minute. What creatures are humanoid, but have a wolf's head?


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Too bad Eleanor is lacking Dungeoneering, again, Werewolves would be nice to be warned about. Note to Self: I need to learn Restore Eidolon, Lesser and Knowledge (Dungeoneering)

"Sadly, I have no idea. We will have to speak to someone back at Olegs. When we are done, you should sketch a picture of what the thing is. Until then, the enemy of our enemy is our friend. Keep focusing on the Kobold leader, and we will let the furry guy have at the lesser creatures. If he attacks, we will act the same as we did for the 'ghost" Keep trying what we have until something works!"

Eleanor Loads her Crossbow again, and fires at a kobold not in melee, or the leader if none are available out of melee, hoping Dassah will follow her lead.

Smiling contentedly at the battle's progress, Eleanor points out the furry humanoid to Ashberry, "Thank you for that healing, I feel perfect, and Dassah looks much better, how is your leg? Do you have any idea what the thing is? Is it one of your family? I have never seen anything like it."

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 ( or 13 for leader with -4 firing into melee penalty) Damage, if Hit: 1d8 ⇒ 8



Pentu 7 12
KW4
KW5
Dassah
KW1 0
KW2 -6
KW3 -1
Eleanor
Seagle

crunch:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d4 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The bestial creature rakes it's claws across the kobold before it, but it's attacks lack strength. It's obviously weakened. You and Dassah bring down another, and the remaining two flee as your eagle's claws and beak tear the leader's face and neck to ribbons.

Well done eagle. 2x15 and 1x19. Kobolds are down/gone, what happens now is up to you..


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"Dassah, I want to take that furry thing captive. Not sure if it meant to help us or not. Think we can wrestle it down and tie it up? Looks like it is weakened."

Eleanor whispers to Ashberry, "Any idea what that thing is, Ashberry? I think we should try and capture it."

Then turning to the furball, "Hello there little one. Are you injured?"

If the creature capable of being calmed and reassured, Eleanor will try to calm it down.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"Thank you for helping with the kobolds, is there anything we can help you with? Have you seen and small people, like my friend here," Eleanore asks, gesturing to Ashberry.


As you move forward into the room, the creature backs away from you slowly, attempting to keep one of the large stone tables between you.

I didn't like the way weapons did so little to it. We should wait, it will pass out soon. Keeping herself, and crossbow ready.

Ashberry replies, That may not be wise Patrona. I think it's a werewolf. At least, it kind of looks like one, though I've never heard of one this small before.

Your overtures are meet by fierce snarls and growls. If it is capable of speech, it doesn't seem to recognize yours. Though it tries to edge past you into the hall, Dassah's prediction proves correct, eventually the creatures tumbles limply to the floor. At your direction, Ashberry releases another wave of healing energy, reluctant to approach a monster. The wound closes and Dassah binds the creature, though she informs you that it is terribly weak now, close to death.

Closer examination seems to confirm Ashberry's suspicion. Wolf head and fur covering a body that looks mostly human, though so small, like a child's.

Once again, you wish you had more of your mentor's knowledge. There are some many things you've encountered that you've only heard stories of. If the tales are true, only silver can harm a werewolf, though that the wound argues otherwise. Those bitten will become werewolves themselves during the full moon, which is when these creatures transform, though it isn't a full moon now. Most importantly, werewolves hunger for the blood of sentient races, particularly their own. They are monsters in the same league as vampires and dragons, though given your own heritage, you've always had a few doubts about those things. Your mentor was a green dragon after all. Hmm, perhaps you should find someone who knows more about them.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Reluctant to kill the infirm, Eleanor and Dassah thoroughly bind the creature, and tie its unconscious body to the top of the stone table. "Perhaps when we rescue your family one of them can tell us what this creature is. I am afraid it could be a cursed member of your family, so lets leave it in peace while we continue on."


And? You've got the map, what's the plan boss? Don't leave me hangin'!


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Once the small werewolf is bound thoroughly and then tied down the the large stone table, Eleanor and the little ones head back to check on the goo levels in the cube's room. As they approach, Eleanor takes a crossbow bolt, and sticks it into the goo to see if the acid harms the wood on the bolt. "I think we should clear this other side so none of these strange beasts can come up behind us and trap us with the others," Eleanor explains to Ashberry as they cross to the other side of the underground complex.

As I recall, there was a room with a large light source inside. Like a golden floor or something on the east side of the cubes room, we will head there, then north to the next room, making sure there is nothing behind us before we continue on.

Assuming it is clear:

Once the group of intrepid explorers makes their way back to the werewolf, stopping to pick up the items formerly held inside the cube, they check the bindings, making sure that none of the ropes holding the creature down are within reach of his bite, and re-secure anything they had missed before.

"I hate to ask again, but would you mind scouting ahead again? I think the voices were coming from that way," Eleanor gestures in a northerly direction. "Once again, please don't try anything alone, we will be here, and I will ask Ashberry to prepare to heal you if you come in injured. You still have two potions to heal yourself as well. Just be careful."

"I am asking Dassah to scout ahead again I need you to wait here with me. Be ready to cast any healing magic you may have just in case." As she finishes explaining her plan to her companions, Eleanor nocks a bolt into her crossbow and readies herself just in case.


There isn't any noticeable difference in the acidic goo, though you're more concerned by the amount between you and the exit. It doesn't show any signs of disappearing. Bother. In the stories, attempts to rescue innocents aren't thwarted by goo monsters, especially not ones that are already dead.

Dassah leads the way as you begin to circle around the entrance chamber. Heading down the west corridor, she peaks around a corner, looking to the north. This room has a fountain and the steam from it feels really hot, and door on the other side, but seems empty, not even any mold or slime.

Continuing to the end of the corridor, Doors to the left and doors to the right, but no creatures.

Following cautiously, you find everything as your companion described it. Other than being boiling hot, the water coming from the fountain seems normal, though you have no idea where it would be coming from, or draining to. Continuing on to the room east of the foyer, you see find the source of the light you noticed earlier. Dimly glowing runes encircle a pit perhaps fifteen feet wide, roughly twice the depth. Bones litter the bottom, some small and others quite large. To tell anything more about them, you'd have to bring them up and examine them in the light. Darkvision is useful, but heat patterns rarely show the details that regular light can.

crunch:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"Good news is it seems clear behind us. Bad news, the door is blocked. We will have to think about that as we continue on."

Looking down into the pit of bones, Eleanor tells Ashberry "I am not fond of finding out who made this pit of bones, but I am less keen on whatever it is coming up behind us. I think it is too dangerous to climb down into a lair though. Better to get back on track to finding any of your family survivors."

With all due haste, the small group returns to the werewolf room, and once again the fearless and intrepid Dassah takes on a scouting role, searching for any signs of survivors as the two less stealthy members follow at a safe distance.


Moving out from the room with tables, Dassah Investigates the room directly beyond. I hear something coming from this room. At the far end, there's an alter. The sound is coming from behind that. Sounds like crying. On the wall above the alter, there's a symbol. A moon that looks like a skull. On either side of the main walkway in the room, there are these niches full of skeletons. They're about nine feet tall, and only have one eye socket. What are they?


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"I have no idea... We should search that altar, and see if we can talk to whoever is behind it."

"Dassah may have found something, follow me, and be as quiet as you can..."

Moving as stealthily as possible and keeping an eye open for trip wires, Eleanor crosses the room to the altar, hoping that Ashberry will likewise move as quietly as possible.

Once across the room, Eleanor will whisper loudly to the crying person behind the altar, "Hello in there. Are you in need of help? We are trying to rescue some very specific halflings. Please tell us some names so we can tell if you are who we think you are."

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Trying to see if they are Ashberry's family by getting them to name her. Not lying to them.

"Regardless of who you are if you need rescue, we will help."

"If this thing has people behind it, it is logical that there would be a secret door or some such thing. Could you check for a button, handle, or lever that might open a secret passage door? Back in the tower, they were usually disguised as books you could pull. Sometimes cleverly disguised with titles no one was likely to read just for personal amusement. "Fun With Foreclosures." for example."

"Does the person sound at all familiar to you?" Eleanor whispers to Ashberry before asking the halfling to help search for a trap door.

Pausing for a moment, Eleanor casts Guidance on all three group members for the search.

Aid Dassah: Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Opps, my bad for not describing more completely. The alter is actually separate from the wall, and there is space behind it, enough for a person to stand behind.

As you whisper to whatever is behind the alter, Dassah readies her crossbow. Just in case.

A small face peaks out behind the polished stone, squinting at the light. With a cry, Ashberry rushes forward and cling to a halfing even smaller than herself. After a few moments of joyful tears and reassuring touches, She turns to you. This is my brother, Evan. Evan, this is my Patrona, Lady Eleanor and her servant Dassah. Again focusing on her brother, Where are everyone, are they okay?

The boys eyes are wide and terrified as he looks at you and Dassah. You recognize the expression all to well. Children in particular seem to be unnerved by your appearance. He clutches Ashberry tightly and whispers something to her. He says the everyone else is down. Gesturing down the corridor to the left. They took the children away and put them in their own room. There were other children in there too, some where human. But others had fur, and they couldn't talk to them. Somehow the furry ones got free. One of them grabbed him and brought him up. When the kobolds were chasing them, he left go and ended up here, just kept crawling until he could find someplace to hide behind. He couldn't see what was happening. He doesn't know where mother and father are, but he thinks it's down there too.

Dassah's nostrils flare and her gaze sharpens. You see that? He's wounded. He smells like the were-wolf. Do you think he was bitten?

crunch:

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"First things first, let's make sure he is whole and healthy, then we can check for signs of bites. I hope it is a result of proximity and not a result of infection."

"Ashberry, you are our medic,[b]" Eleanor says as she pulls a day's rations from her pack, "make sure to give him a thorough looking over. Have to make sure he wasn;t bitten my one of the were creatures, and figure out if we can help him if he was."

Handing the rations to Evan, Eleanor clarifies, "The he you mentioned, he is a werewolf like the one tied up there?" Pointing to the small were creature tied to the stone. "And he is making more?"

"I don't know if we are prepared to handle something on this scale, but I think we have to try."

After the boy is cleaned up as best we can, using my cloak and Ashberry's create water ability, we will examine him for signs of bites and make sure he is well fed and calm.

"I don't know if you may have met him, but there was an old apothecary at the Harvest. If your brother is bitten, we have to get him to a real healer as soon as possible. There has to be a way to save him from this furry creature's fate. Do you want to head there now, or look for more survivors? I am not sure a half day's wait will cause any further harm, but I know nothing about were creatures. So I will leave the family decisions to you."


It actually took you three days to get here.
[spoiler=crunch]
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Back in the dining room, the three of you carefully examine the boy's wounds. Ashberry doesn't seem very concerned, but Dassah's tail twitches in frustration. I can't tell! It could have been a fang, or a claw, nail, or almost anything. I'm almost certain it's a claw or fang, but that doesn't tell me anything. The kobolds have claws and fangs too.

Though he takes to the food eagerly, Evan cringes when you address him, whispering his answers to Ashberry. It was too dark. He thinks furry ones were werewolves like this one, they smell the same, but isn't sure because it was dark and he only touched the one's hand. Maybe the same one, maybe different. He also doesn't know how he was hurt, the kobolds were chasing them and then something hurt.

I think we should stay Patrona. He seems fine, and the kobolds could be killing my family right now. Let's keep going, please.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

"Onwards we go!"

Following Dassah, Eleanor makes her way down the hallway. "I am sure we could use the help, but if your brother needs you, you can remain here with him."

"Since we know what they smell like, I suppose we could follow that?"


Ok, that's weird. I swear I posted yesterday evening.
I don't feel safe leaving him alone. We should stay together.

You, Ashberry, and Evan stop at the intersection, as Dassah slithers quietly forward. Empty. A stone alter, some chains, and cages. It looks like there was another alter, but it's gone now. There are drag marks through a door to my right.

Returning to listen at the door in front of you, Come listen. There are voices on the other side. Kobolds I think, but I can't understand what they are saying.


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Eleanor whispers to Ashberry as the two head down the corridor, "Maybe your brother would feel a little safer if you showed him how to use that crossbow really quick like. I am sure he could find something to shoot at soon enough."

Eleanor walks quietly to the door Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 and tries to listen to the talking Dassah mentioned. Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19.


crunch:

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Listening you hear the high, yipping voices of kobolds speaking in Draconic. ...Is not right! Merlokrep is full of Goldfever, not thinking about what happens. That eggsucker Tartuk is doing things bad things, wrong things. Truebloods don't worship skull faces or wiggling things with eyes on tentacles. Wait! Something at the door!

The door is suddenly thrown open. In the dim light, you can see five armed black kobolds, two near the door and the other three clustered around a blue kobold.

Initiative. Remember, even if they win the initiative, you can still speak before they act, if you want to.
K
Ash
Kw4
Kw5
Kw1
Kw3
Eleanor
Kw2
Dassah


Female Tiefling Summoner (Master Summoner) 1

Speaking quickly in Draconic as the door opens Eleanor explains to the kobolds, "Do you need help with Merlokrep? I think we are both after the same thing. I need to rescue the humanoids from him, and you need him gone, perhaps we can come to an agreement that doesn't involve all of us killing each other."

101 to 150 of 288 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The making of a queen. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.