Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

On Stranger Tides: a Goblin Tale (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

A tale of goblins and piracy and the havoc that the two can wreak...


501 to 550 of 1,276 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

male Goblin Rogue

I try for an attack of opp at a cannibal who is straggling behind so his falling (hopefully) wont alarm others.

Stealth
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

attack (I think it is +4 if unaware/flatfooted)

1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 4 = 15

damage
1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + (4, 2) = 9


Whosi:
I'm a bit confused. What stragglers are you going after? All the cannibals are inside the huts. Also, there is not bonus to hit if unaware. Wrong edition. ;) If they're unaware, they lose their dex and dodge bonuses to AC. You just roll to hit and I'll worry about the rest. Also, just to clarify: you don't have to stab from the back anymore, it's just sneak attack which applies when the target is unaware or when the target is flanked. Since we're not using a map, I try to err on the side of giving you the benefit if there's ever a doubt as to which is the case.

Buz:
Since the blunderbuss fires in a cone, and since it's more expedient to roll once than several times, let's just have roll a single time and we'll compare that roll vs the touch ACs in the room to see who you hit. Since I didn't tell you before you rolled, I'll use the best roll to hit and best roll for damage of the lot. Keep your point of Grit and get an additional one for your truly Piratical entry!

Buz bursts through the doorway of the hut and sees the kobold, the gob girl and the gnome all bending over a stunned Crang, trying to tear hunks out of his still living flesh. A second kobold watches over the scene with a small dinosaur perched on his shoulder. Buz's blast catches the cannibals, but misses Crang since their bodies shelter his! The cannibals scream out a cry of pain and rage, and turn toward the newcomer, hate and hunger in their eyes. They begin making a strange clicking chant...

Whosi circles around the outside of the small hut until he finds a window. Peering in, he sees the exposed back of the magic kobold only a few inches from the window. He attacks the kobold through the opening, painting a spray of blood across the window! The kobold spins around and sees the goblin, and begins to make magic-looking gesture and chant in a high-pitched tongue!

Greblak, then cannibals!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the States. For those of you celebrating, Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for this game, since it allows me to expend my murderous instincts in a socially acceptable manner. Yay, role-playing! ;)


Goblin Gunslinger 3

Well, the rules of the blunderbuss state that you do a separate attack against every target withing the cone. This means a more average damage output, which I would prefer. But it's your call, I understand that without a map this rule might become clumsy to use.

Also, I didn't use any Grit, since they were already within my first range increment, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to target them with the scatter shot at all.

Buz struggles a bit with the recoil of his gun, then puts it away pulls out his loaded pistol.

I'll shot them the next turn, unless they come close: if that's the case, I'll pistol whip the first one that attacks me. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 and target is knocked prone.


Male Goblin Sorcerer 1

Greblak follows Buz as he charges into the hut. Spotting the magic using kobold, he decides on his target.

Elemental Ray(ranged touch attack) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Fire damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


male Goblin Rogue

oh; by straggler i mean the last guy to go to the doorway into the hut; if there are not any ( I thought there might be more on the way) then I will sneak in and turn left to get advantage after Buz and company draws there attention.

Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Buz bursts through the doorway of the hut and sees the kobold, the gob girl and the gnome all bending over a stunned Crang, trying to tear hunks out of his still living flesh. A second kobold watches over the scene with a small dinosaur perched on his shoulder. Buz's blast catches the cannibals, but misses Crang since their bodies shelter his! The cannibals scream out a cry of pain and rage, and turn toward the newcomer, hate and hunger in their eyes. They begin making a strange clicking chant...

Whosi circles around the outside of the small hut until he finds a window. Peering in, he sees the exposed back of the magic kobold only a few inches from the window. He attacks the kobold through the opening, painting a spray of blood across the window! The kobold spins around and sees the goblin, and begins to make magic-looking gesture and chant in a high-pitched tongue!

Greblak, then cannibals!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the States. For those of you celebrating,...


Male Goblin Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7

Crang scratches his nose.


Still sleeping off turkey coma... Will resume game tomorrow.


Initiative:
26 - Buz
21 - Greblak
18 -Splurg and Spots
17 - Whosi
10 - Cannibals
9 - Ank-hore
6 - Crang

Greblak's ray of fire hits the kobold wizard, staggering him backwards. The wizard barks an order in the strange chitter-language, and the cannibals move forward to attack, drawing long knives made of the teeth of dinosaurs as they go.

The cannibals spring at the party.

The female gnome slashes at Buz! Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage

The female goblin circles Buz to come at him from his left, attacking 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage

The spell-less kobold begins to keen and chitter and points at Greblak Greblak, make a Will save!

The wizard-kobold steps away from the window-ravages of Whosi and begins to cast a spell. As he completes it, his mouth suddenly brightens as flame begin to lick around his lips and smoke expels from his nostrils!

Ank-hore is up and Crang is attempting to scratch his nose, but fails..


Male Goblin Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7

don't worry lads, just hang on in there, three more rounds and Crang is totally going axe-furious on someone


Male Goblin Cleric Level 7

Ank-hore peers through the window looking at the ongoing violence and giggles. Looking for his first target he calls forth a Spiritual Weapon in the form of a sickle and has it attack the Wizard Kobold.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Goblin Sorcerer 1

Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Spellcraft check to recognise the upcoming sneeze 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

I'm into finals season, so I may not be able to post that often for a bit. Actions for next round as follows

Greblak backs as far away from the wizard goblin as he can and blasts another fire ray, trying to kill him before his spell goes off. Ideally, Greblak wants to see what will happen if he hits his target in the mouth.

Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Fire damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Ank-hore completes his summoning and sends his spiritual weapon against the kobold. Unfortunately, his attack is just a bit premature and the weapon passes through the kobold while still semi-solid!

ROUND 2:
Initiative:
26 - Buz
21 - Greblak
18 -Splurg and Spots
17 - Whosi
10 - Cannibals
9 - Ank-hore
6 - Crang

Buz and Whosi, go ahead. Greblak has already posted and Splurg and Spot will arrive on this round. Action!


Goblin Gunslinger 3

Buz pistol whips the female goblin that got him. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 If connects target is knocked prone.


male Goblin Rogue

Did I get one ? am not a great fighter so want to manuever and attack at advantage on wounded ones.


Whosi:
You attacked through the window in round 1. Still waiting on your round 2 action.

Bus pistol whips the gob-girl, knocking her to the ground, while Greblak attempts to blast the fiery kobold. His ray strikes home, hitting the kobold in the mouth and staggering him backwards. Evens he loses the spell, odds he keeps it.. 1d2 ⇒ 1 Even though he swallows hard, his mouth remains fiery!

Splurg and Whosi, then the cannibals' turn!


male Goblin Rogue

Whoosi tries to keep the advantage of being opposite a fighter and taking advantage of a wounded one or fallen one by flanking

hoping I get an attack of Opp
attack
1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12
damage
1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + (3, 1) = 6


M Goblin Druid 7

Seeing a Kobold with fire in his mouth Splurg and Spots jump to the attack. attempting to flank, I'll be adding the +2 in the attacks so if I don't flank you can take it out

Splurg slashs out with his scimitar
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d4 ⇒ 2

Spots spring onto the kobold.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14bite
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12claw
1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29claw
1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
if bite hits will trip
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 to trip


Male Goblin Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7

Actually, you don't need me: you guys are awesome. Not just awesome, relentless, crazy goblin awesome!


male Goblin Rogue

Lol; course we need you Crang, meatshield; comedy; funny antics; flamable earwax.....


Guys, I am honestly sorry that I've been less than attentive here. I've been fighting off a cold that turned into a sinus infection. I think it's on the ropes, but it's a pain in the butt for sure. Let's wrap this fight up and jump back in fresh, shall we?

Splurg and Spots burst into the crowded mud hut where Spots springs at the mystic kobold, tearing into him and pulling him down to the ground. Splurg moves to attack, as well, but the other kobold moves to block him. Splurg's scimitar flashes, and the kobold's arm falls off, shriveling as it falls, bathed in an angry green fire.

As the wizardly kobold falls, his mouth opens and he breathes a cone of blue fire, flooding the small hut with fire. In a flash, the gob girl and female gnome are engulfed. The armless kobold scrambles backward, managing to avoid the fire, but coming into reach of Whosi, who skewers him from behind.

The piratical gobs are not immune to the fire Reflex DC 14 for half, with a bonus of +2 due to the angle of the attack and some take damage, including the hapless Crang, who sits still drooling, still trying to scratch his nose. 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8 fire damage, half on a successful reflex save.

For a long moment, all is calm. Then Crang suddenly springs up, ready for battle. Unfortunately, all his opponents are dead, save a small dinosaur who gives a chirp before flashing out the door, too swift to stop.

In the village, there is no noise. Further exploration reveals that all the mud huts are empty, cooking fires still burning. Behind one hut you find a stack of bones, clearly indicating that this village was the source of the skulls on the skull path. Where the residents have gone, you don't know... Perception checks, please.


M Goblin Druid 7

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 ref Splurg
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 ref Spots

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 perc Splug
Spots will start sniffing around to determine if he can pick up a scent.

Spots takes 4 dmg(evasion) 21/25 hps , Splurg 4 dmg 26/30


Male Goblin Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7

perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Crang snarls and chases after the tricksy dinosaur.


Crang wrote:

perception 1d20+6

Crang snarls and chases after the tricksy dinosaur.

The dinosaur heads straight for the sheer face of the cliff. It catches a glimpse of you and squawks, heading full speed at the rock. With a soft pop! it disappears into the sheer stone face!


male Goblin Rogue

Reflex save; no damage if made due to evasion; half if missed

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26


Goblin Gunslinger 3

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Reflex save
The flames reach Buz as he was trying to shoot the last cannibal, and miracolously don't set his gun off. After saying goodbye to his already flimsy eyebrows, he set out to explore the sorrounding area.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Perception


Male Goblin Cleric Level 7

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


male Goblin Rogue

perception

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Spots immediately picks up a trail leading out of the mud hut, and begins growling softly as she heads out the door and toward a sheer cliff face.

The other goblins search the remaining mud huts, but find very little there, until Buz suddenly notices that a small patch of floor in one hunt looks different somehow. He peers at it, suddenly realizing that it's dustier than the rest of the floor. He leans over, poking at it with a stick and is somewhat surprised when the stick passes through the floor! Exploration reveals a small 2 foot by 2 foot section of the floor near one of the walls is illusory. Looking into the hole he sees a tight passage leading down and toward the walls of the cauldron of the island. There is no sign of the former residents.


M Goblin Druid 7

is this the same cliff that Crang is standing next to? if so!

Splurg comments to Spots "That gud work there Spots"

"Crang you see lizzie run in here? Let get back to captains and tell umz"


Splurg wrote:

is this the same cliff that Crang is standing next to? if so!

Splurg comments to Spots "That gud work there Spots"

"Crang you see lizzie run in here? Let get back to captains and tell umz"

It is! Whoo hoo, party cohesion!


Male Goblin Sorcerer 1

Reflex save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Greblak ducks the worst of the fire sneeze and proceeds to loot the bodies. When he's finished looting, he will then follow the others into the cliff...illusion....thing.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Male Goblin Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7

Come back fast-fast!

Crang stands next to the rock where the dinobird disappeared, his axe raised.


Crang wrote:

Come back fast-fast!

Crang stands next to the rock where the dinobird disappeared, his axe raised.

Wait as you will, the little dinosaur does not emerge...


Goblin Gunslinger 3

Buz sticks his head inside the illusory wall, and if nothing grabs him, attacks him or looks at him funny, he will start crawling inside, but not before making sure that both of his gun are fully loaded.


Inside the illusory wall, a natural cleft in the cliff has been widened and heightened, probably starting a long time ago. A worn stone path descends downward, spiraling to the left as it goes. There are sconces in the wall, each holding a stone bowl with some sort of fuel burning in a low flame. They give off candlelight, illuminating the path, but not much else.


male Goblin Rogue

so; what do we see; any bad guys left; otherwise I help loot and search


There are now two discovered passages: one that is about the size of a garage door opening into which a small dinosaur disappeared, and one that is quite small and functions as a bolthole in the floor of one of the mud huts that Buz discovered. Both disappear downward into a semi-natural cave system that is lined with stone bowls of burning oil carved into the side of the walls.

The rest of the village is deserted; there is no one else besides the crew here. As for treasure or loot, there are stews of unknown origin, though given how the natives tried to eat Crang, you can hazard a guess. There are rough homespun clothing, and some poorly made clubs lined with sharpened flint. You can find a small cask of copper coins of varied minting, amounting to a total of 54 copper pieces. You find no more previous metals and the iron weapons and instruments you find are poorly made and probably worthless.

There is also the path along the interior wall of the cauldron of the island that leads into the jungles below. You've seen evidence of large dinosaurs in the jungle, and random yowls and roars seem to lend credence to this fact.

Lastly, there is the path that you came in on, that leads to both the ship at dock and upwards into the cloud layer of the mountain.

The talking skull is silent at this point; any attempt to coax an answer from it fails.


M Goblin Druid 7

"We be discovered whether we be in true or not... Onward into the rock!!!" Splurg and Spots will follow Buz


Plunging through the illusory wall, Spots and Splurg and Buz and whoever else follows, sees a well worn path heading downward. From some distance far off (the echo makes it impossible to judge distance) they can hear the sound of feet and a clicking sound that seems to pass for language among the cannibals. A warm wind, heavy with wet air, blows in their faces as they head down, cautiously moving to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

After what seems an eternity of creeping down the path, Spots suddenly lays his ears back and lets out a soft huff, a sign of danger ahead. Creeping forward, the gobs peer around a corner to see the end of the path.

The rocky passageway ends in a giant leering demon's head, approximately two stories high. The mouth is open and the path continues inward. In the demon's eyes, two magical green bonfires burn, making the shadows in this room jump and stretch. The stone around the demon's mouth is stained red with blood, old and new; the footprints of long passage have been worn into it. Standing in the doorway is a lone pale kobold. His eyes are milky, as if from blindness and his skin has clearly not seen the light of the sun in a long time. He hisses and sways as he stands sentinel, perhaps high on some drug, as he drools a long string of black drool from between sharpened teeth.

What are you doing? There is only one door, although you think you might be able to climb through the fiery eyes of the demon mouth, though there is the matter of the green fire.


M Goblin Druid 7

Splurg motions to Buz to back away from the tunnel mouth, when they are suitable far enough away... "I think's we shoudl show the skull to the pale one and see what be...let's get the others.."


male Goblin Rogue

if whoosi doent find anything; he will follow along with Slurg and the boyz; stealthily gaurding the rear and ready to give support. shivering a bit looking at the demon head and the creepy kobold[\ooc]

Stealth
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33

Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:

Plunging through the illusory wall, Spots and Splurg and Buz and whoever else follows, sees a well worn path heading downward. From some distance far off (the echo makes it impossible to judge distance) they can hear the sound of feet and a clicking sound that seems to pass for language among the cannibals. A warm wind, heavy with wet air, blows in their faces as they head down, cautiously moving to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

After what seems an eternity of creeping down the path, Spots suddenly lays his ears back and lets out a soft huff, a sign of danger ahead. Creeping forward, the gobs peer around a corner to see the end of the path.

The rocky passageway ends in a giant leering demon's head, approximately two stories high. The mouth is open and the path continues inward. In the demon's eyes, two magical green bonfires burn, making the shadows in this room jump and stretch. The stone around the demon's mouth is stained red with blood, old and new; the footprints of long passage have been worn into it. Standing in the doorway is a lone pale kobold. His eyes are milky, as if from blindness and his skin has clearly not seen the light of the sun in a long time. He hisses and sways as he stands sentinel, perhaps high on some drug, as he drools a long string of black drool from between sharpened teeth.

[ooc]What are you doing? There is only one door, although you think you might be able to climb through the fiery eyes of the demon mouth, though there is the matter of the green fire.


Male Goblin Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7

Crang chews the handle ox his axe to stop himself from just charging straight at the pale one.

He also makes a quiet gurgling noise of frustration.


Goblin Gunslinger 3

Gud idea, but letz find looties firts Buz heard tales of giant skulls and faces carved in the stone on forgotten islands, and they invariably included loot at some point.
Perception: does anything catch my attention? Passageways, shiny things... Also, where is our Talking Skull? Did we left him at the ship?
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


After scanning the skull face for a time, you do notice that the eyesockets of the skull aren't caves, but seem to be passages. To where, you have no idea.

The blind kobold seems to be sobering up. He's shaking less and he's started sniffing the air and clicking softly.

You have the skull with you.


M Goblin Druid 7

"Crang take him quick, get him to stop!"


Male Goblin Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7

Crang hands Splurg his axe, reverentually, stretches his shoulders loose and charges the pale kobold.

raging, can I make a charging grapple? I'm thinking of a rugby tackle.


male Goblin Rogue

Psst; or talk to him Whoosie whispers


Crang wrote:

Crang hands Splurg his axe, reverentually, stretches his shoulders loose and charges the pale kobold.

raging, can I make a charging grapple? I'm thinking of a rugby tackle.

Sure, make a CMB check with a +2 bonus.


Male Goblin Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 7

Crang huffs as he runs.

grapple 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


The blind kobold turns as he hears the huffing and looks straight at the charging goblin! Uncannily straight at him. Crang's flying tackle is effective, however and both tackler and tackee gain the grappled condition!

Initiative everyone!

501 to 550 of 1,276 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / On Stranger Tides: a Goblin Tale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.