On an Evil Sea-Skull and Shackles

Game Master tumbler

Island Map

Campaign Spreadsheet
Ship Actions
The Wormwood Map
The Wormwood Crew


351 to 396 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

The frog will escape if allowed to do so, but feel free to continue to attack it if you wish. Otherwise we will move on.


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

Scanning around the area for the other frogs to jump out at him. Ordrax keeps a tight grip on his weapon.


Male Hobgoblin Alchemist 1 HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +1 | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Speed 30ft Init +4 Perc +5 Darkvision
Alchemy:
Bombs 1/4 | Targeted Bomb Admixture, Targeted Bomb Admixture | Dex mutagen

Grak scans the water for the frog, not comfortable crossing knowing he could be attacked while doing so. Thinking he sees something, he takes aim with his crossbow and fires.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Ranged: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Confirm crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Hit concealment (high): 1d100 ⇒ 82


Grak's keen eye adjusts for the distortion of the water and lines up his shot perfectly. He skewers the man sized frog with a crossbow bolt.


Once you are ready to move on. I assume there is some sort of grabbing the frog and hauling it off for dinner.

As you continue through the swamp away from the salt river, the air becomes heavy, moist, and warm. It seems almost to cling to you as much as the hanging vines and grabbing ferns. A mile or so further in,

A terrible stench fills the swamp here, a fetid odor of cheap perfume and rotting flesh. A huge tree stands in the middle of a clearing in the swamp, draped with some sort of huge tent. Lurid, painted faces cover both the tree trunk and tent, and both are decorated with rotting humanoid body parts and carpets of squirming insects.


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

Ordrax stares at the scene before him.
This could be why those huts were abandon...


Male Hobgoblin Alchemist 1 HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +1 | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Speed 30ft Init +4 Perc +5 Darkvision
Alchemy:
Bombs 1/4 | Targeted Bomb Admixture, Targeted Bomb Admixture | Dex mutagen

Grak smiles with a level of satisfaction when the body of the frog rises to the surface of the water. He lets Raush climb down to retrieve the carcass as it would be too heavy for him to lift. Relieved that the threat has been removed, he carefully crosses the pilings and continued down the path.

Having grown up in Sargava, he was used to a certain level of humidity, but the stench in the area was even bad for him. A concerned look comes across his face as he takes in the scene.

"Agreed. We need to be careful here," he says quietly, hoping whomever is nearby doesn't hear him.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Know(nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Know(arcane): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Not sure what kind of roll I need here, if any.


Grak doesn't see or hear anything moving. Even the hanging body parts and the flaps of silk are still in the unmoving air.

Tactical map is on the Wormwood Map link.


HP 16/16; AC 13/13/10; Saves +2/+3/+4; Per +1, Init +5; DV 60 Arcane Reservoir 4/5 Male Grimspawn Tiefling Exploiter Wizard 2

Veltisiel stands clear, unsure as to how safe the tent could be given how many had died near it.


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Ordrax take his time as his eye wonder around the area trying to see if anything stands out.


Looks like Ordrax is going to need to get closer in order to see anything.


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

He does not even see his own feet.


Male Vanara Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 2 | HP 1/24 | AC: 16, T: 16, FF: 13 | Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 | BAB: +1, CMB: +4, CMD: 20, M.Attack +4(1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | Fervor 3/4

Happy to have fresh food, Raush hauls the large frog out of the way before recovering the javelins. As soon as they reach the tree, however, he grimaces.
"Oh, just the way to quell my appetite. A proper ****ing sacrificial tree to some dark spirit wh wants nothing better than to eat our faces. The day keeps getting better and better."
Placing the dead amphibian on the ground, he guardedly approaches the tent.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


As Raush moves close to the tent, he finds that the carrion has attracted a wide variety of flies and crawling insects, but no carrion birds are to be seen. Peeking through a he sees two women and a man reclining in a parody of life. They wear rich but tattered clothing, long dresses for the women and a silk robe for the man. Their skin is discolored, bruised and nearly violet in places, while their skin is stretched tightly over muscle and sinew. Their tongues loll slightly out of their mouths, as though perhaps they were choked to death. They move only slightly and occasionally, and don't seem to have noticed your presence.


Male Vanara Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 2 | HP 1/24 | AC: 16, T: 16, FF: 13 | Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 | BAB: +1, CMB: +4, CMD: 20, M.Attack +4(1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | Fervor 3/4

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Raush carefully moves back to his companions, whispering. "It looks like there are three undead inside. I don't know if they did this cheery decoration or there's some necromancer around, but I suppose we should take them out. Concentrate your attacks on one at a time, if possible."
Sneaking forward again, Raush extracts his quarterstaff and sets an ambush at the door, ready to whack the first monster to pass through.


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

Great...first frogs and now undead.
Ordrax pulls out his tiny little mace and prepares himself.
better get myself into a good spot.
He moves to be opposite the big monkey in order to take advantage of the undead coming between the two of them.


Ordrax Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

Ordrax Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Raush Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Veltisiel Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Grak Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Ravenna Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Undead Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The undead don't notice the movements of Ordrax or Raush as they move toward the tent.

Not sure how exactly you want to start this off. Initiative for undead beats Ravenna, Grak, and Ordrax, but you guys could pull off a surprise attack based on your sneaking so far, or at least take actions that would get everyone into initiative.


Male Hobgoblin Alchemist 1 HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +1 | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Speed 30ft Init +4 Perc +5 Darkvision
Alchemy:
Bombs 1/4 | Targeted Bomb Admixture, Targeted Bomb Admixture | Dex mutagen

Grak listens to Raush's report on what is inside.

"OK. Why don't you two hide around the corner of the tent on each side of the door. I'll stand aways away from the tent and try to call them out. When someone comes out, I'll throw a bomb and then you two can attack. Don't get too close though. I don't have a lot of control on where the splash goes and don't want to hit you on accident," he says looking for agreement on the plan.

Assuming everyone agrees ...

Grak moves into position about 20' in front of the door and waits for everyone else to position themselves. He gets ready to throw a bomb when someone comes out of the tent. When everyone is ready, he calls out. "Hello? Is anyone in there?"

Bomb(touch): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
4 pts splash damage to surrounding enemies. Reflex save (DC13) for half.


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

Ordrax grips his weapon in anticipation.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +6 | Panache 3/3 | Charmed Life 3/3

Ravenna nods in agreement and likewise moves to a ready position, rapier good to go at a moment's notice.


The three undead lumber our of the tent, seeming somewhat put off by being drawn out into the light, but not slowed or weakened. They move like some gross combination of ape and man, their claws digging deeply into the soft ground.

As the first one appears, Grak hurls his bomb.

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

It is the male, and he dodges the worst of the blast, but still takes a direct hit. The fire splashes to his companions and onto the tent. The fire finds easy tinder in the silks, and quickly begins to eat them away.

Raush and Ordrax take your attacks.. Veltisiel and Ravenna take a surprise round.


HP 16/16; AC 13/13/10; Saves +2/+3/+4; Per +1, Init +5; DV 60 Arcane Reservoir 4/5 Male Grimspawn Tiefling Exploiter Wizard 2

Veltisiel throws a quick bolt of lightning from his finger tips.

UNLIMITED POWER
Jolt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d3 ⇒ 1


Female Human Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +6 | Panache 3/3 | Charmed Life 3/3

Ravenna checks to see if she can sneak in the back of one of the tents, in case there's something worth saving from the fire.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Ravenna's quick eyes scan the tent, alighting on piles of rich clothing, a leather hip flask molded into the shape of a crocodile, a small hardwood chest, two small casks, and a fine white dress inlaid with pearls.


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

Stepping in to the swing, Ordrax tries to make contact with the creature but get his weapon tangled up in the tent.

attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Sneak Attack?: 1d6 ⇒ 1
WOW I am off to a Great start..


Male Vanara Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 2 | HP 1/24 | AC: 16, T: 16, FF: 13 | Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 | BAB: +1, CMB: +4, CMD: 20, M.Attack +4(1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | Fervor 3/4

Attack, flurry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Attack, flurry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
And yet again, dice hate us all.

Raush miscalculates the undead creatures' speed, uselessly whirling the quarterstaff around.


Two of the undead continue advancing through the now burning tent door, one sliding around Ordrax and the other moving to take its place between Ordrax and Raush. The male turns and moves toward Ravenna at the back of the tent.

These are 5 foot steps. This is all on the Wormwood map in case you don't know that.

Claw vs Ordrax: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Claw vs Ordrax: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Bite vs Ordrax: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Ordrax Fortitude save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

One of the undead's fetid claws catches the top of Ordrax's head, leaving a trail of blood. Ordrax finds himself unable to respond to the attack, as though he is not in control of his body.

Paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 rounds

Claw vs Raush: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Claw vs Raush: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Bite vs Raush: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Claw damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Bite damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Raush Fortitude save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Raush Fortitude save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The other undead attacks Raush, slashing and biting at him with massive yellow teeth. While Raush feels nearly overcome with a loss of sensation, his powerful muscles shake off the paralysis for now.

Claw vs Ravenna: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Claw damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

Ordrax watches as the things come forward and start the attack him.
I barely touched him...S*!$...F%@#!! why can I not move..not good, not good...Why am I with these people. They are only going to get me killed. I should have left when I had the chance. F%@%!!!


Male Vanara Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 2 | HP 1/24 | AC: 16, T: 16, FF: 13 | Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 | BAB: +1, CMB: +4, CMD: 20, M.Attack +4(1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | Fervor 3/4

Attack, Flurry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Attack, Flurry: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Adrenaline surges through the ape as blood is shed, and with a growl the quarterstaff strikes far more precisely at the undead foe.


Raush connects with the undead, bones crack under the heavy blows.


Veltisiel, then me.


Veltisiel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Veltisiel launches another bolt of electricity, but his distraction causes it to launch into the tent.


Both of the female undead shift their focus to attack Raush. One briefly considers ripping Ordrax's neck out, but decides to take the dangerous monkey out first.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Bite damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
double claw damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 2 = 12

I think that puts Raush at 0?

The male undead, dressed like some sort of boudoir pirate, attacks Ravenna, but the dexterous pirate dodges all of the gnashing teeth and claws.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grak and Ravenna are up, then top of the round back to the rest.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +6 | Panache 3/3 | Charmed Life 3/3

Ravenna lashes out at the boudoir pirate undead. "I'mma take that hat, I think," she says, as her rapier jabs, looking for an opening.

Rapier attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Rapier damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Ravenna catches the foul creature, slicing his arm.


Male Hobgoblin Alchemist 1 HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +1 | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Speed 30ft Init +4 Perc +5 Darkvision
Alchemy:
Bombs 1/4 | Targeted Bomb Admixture, Targeted Bomb Admixture | Dex mutagen

A look of concern comes across Grak's face as the undead immobilize Ordrax and then team up on Raush. "Maybe we should have just kept going," he thinks to himself as he tries to figure out how they are going to get out of this situation. He considers trying to threaten the undead to stop attacking but doubts that will work given they are already in combat and that he may not be able to reason with undead. Hoping to take at least one of them out, Grak throws another bomb at the closest undead, this time keeping it low to the ground so that the splash goes back towards the tent and avoids his companions. Precise bomb discovery. Listed in level up post but I see I haven't updated my sheet. Will try to get to that today.

Bomb (touch): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
4 pts splash damage to surrounding enemies. Reflex save (DC13) for half.


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

Ordrax remains still.


Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The undead who is furthest from the tent catches the bomb full on, the fire spreading over its form as it drops to the ground, fire destroying the animate flesh.

The splash artfully misses Grak's allies.

Back to Veltisiel and Raush in any order. We'll bot Veltisiel if necessary.


Male Vanara Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 2 | HP 1/24 | AC: 16, T: 16, FF: 13 | Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 | BAB: +1, CMB: +4, CMD: 20, M.Attack +4(1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | Fervor 3/4

Raush takes a step back, wrestling a shred of power from the Pirate Queen. A small blessing fortifies him, healing some of the most grievous wounds.

Swift to heal with fervor, standard to activate the War Blessing and get +1 to AC.
Fervor: 1d6 ⇒ 1 We're on a roll here, eh?


Veltisiel Arc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Arc damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Veltisiel, sensing that the undead has had about all that it will take, zaps it with another arc of electricity. Convulsing, the undead drops to the ground, still twitching like a galvanized frog.


The third undead, the boudoir pirate, steps away from Ravenna. It says in a raspy, dry voice.

"Argh, enough. Obviously you be to fierce to be food. You've struck down my two companions, weak b@$@#es they be. I be Jack Hornigold, and I will fight ye no more if ye will parley..."

He remains poised to defend himself.

Taking a 5 foot step and readying an action to counter attack.


Male Vanara Warpriest (Sacred Fist) 2 | HP 1/24 | AC: 16, T: 16, FF: 13 | Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 | BAB: +1, CMB: +4, CMD: 20, M.Attack +4(1d6+3) | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | Fervor 3/4

"Fiery blood of saltwater, you can speak? I thought undead were mindless!"

Slack-jawed, Raush relaxes his guard. "What be the terms of your parlay?"


Female Human Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7, Sense Motive +6 | Panache 3/3 | Charmed Life 3/3

Ravenna keeps her sword up in a guard position and says, "Keep talking."


"You have a ship? You've been attacked by the Grindylows? Or are you shipwrecked? I can show you where the grindylows live if they have taken your people? Or if you be looking for someone I might know where they be. There are a few more on the island."

The undead remain wary and defensive.


Male Kobold Rogue (unchained) 2

Ordrax stares in amazement and if he was not paralyzed, his eyes would be very wide with dread.
Great it talks. Not my day


No one wants to talk to the dead guy?

351 to 396 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / On an Evil Sea-Skull and Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.