Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

On Abadar's Secret Service (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

A game of colonization and exploration in a new land with new dangers and threats.


401 to 450 of 1,224 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

She didn't ; )

Sighing with relief and leaning back, Catila massages her finger and says "Well, if we never run into those things again it will be too soon for me!"

Her gaze then falls on the skeleton revealed by her missed shot. Pushing herself off the log, she wanders over and carefully approaches, looking and stepping carefully so as not too damage anything and humming another quick note that allows her to detect magical auras.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27
And Dectect Magic

While investigating she asks aloud [b]"Orin, or Lena, would either of you have any idea how this being died, or how long it's been here?"[/dice]


The body is that of a small humanoid, wearing a feathered loincloth and matching feathered headdress. He appears to have a hardwood club lined with obsidian, but as you look at it, the club is far too big to be his. It looks sized for a medium sized person. It also appears as if cause of death was a blow from the club, since half his ribs on his left side are crushed and broken or gone. The headdress and club glow with magic.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

As the others examine the remains, Krupt's demeanor shifts back to his usual calm. He pokes around the bodies of the fallen gricks, determining the most intact specimen and tying it in place on his backpack as if it were a coil of rope.


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

"What have you found Catila?" Lena inquires as she approaches the body, sheathing her falcata and stepping carefully over the bodies of the Gricks.

Knowledge (local) to identify creature 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"That maqahuitl looks like the weapon used to kill him but it clearly wasn't his. As for the autopsy... that's probably more Dr. Krupt's specialty. Gellius?"

Survival to search the area for signs of what might have happened? 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 +1 if finding tracks


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Oops! Forgot to ask Krupt! But to be honest though, PC wise, Catila has not yet warmed very much to the good Dr. . I think she finds him a bit...creepy? ; )

Making a whistle of appreciation at the find, Catila picks up the items and begins to examine them more closely, happily allowing any other who wish to help her to do so.

(To Indentify)
K Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Spellcreaft [dice]1d20+7


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan backpedals so that he is closer to where the group is, curiously glancing back every few moments to see what they are discovering, but by and large leaving the investigation to Lena, Catila, and Gellius while maintaining his watch on the jungle around them. Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

S'okay, he's not a very easy fellow to warm to, even when you get past the basic prejudices against Chelaxians.

"Hmm? Yes?" Krupt asks absently, looking up. Seeing he's wanted, he hefts the pack back onto his shoulders, the tentacled head of the grick flopping to and fro as he moves to the remains and gives them a perusal to identify the type of humanoid, double-checking possible cause of death just to be thorough.

Knowledge(nature) check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

"Seems the cause of his demise could indeed be this weapon. Ribs are broken and crushed, and show some incision marks, likely from the stones its lined with. Tissue damage would be considerable. If the broken ribs punctured the heart, then death would have been swift. If a lung were punctured, dying could have been prolonged considerably."


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Orin will take some time to scout out the immediate area to see if there are any other remnants of this old battle.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

"When we get the chance, if someone want's to take a gander at this fancy sword I tripped over, it would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure it's magic, but I'm not sure of the type."

He also tries to determine how long the corpse has been laying in the jungle.
Knowledge(nature):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Wilds

Catila's Spellcraft (headress): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 The headress is a Headband of Alluring Charisma +2
Catila's Spellcraft (maqahuitl): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 It's definitely magical...
Catila's Spellcraft (Orin's Blade): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Seems to be a +1 aberrant-bane scimitar

Lena and Krupt examine the wounds on the small humanoid. It would seem that this was a gnome, probably killed several years ago, by the bleaching of the bones. Prodding around where the body fell from reveals a dead and shriveled assassin vine which must have either grabbed the creature while it lived or shortly after it died. However, you can find no trace of who killed the gnome, but judging by the size of the weapon, it was a medium humanoid and not one using very advanced technology.

Songan's vigil continues. He doesn't see any threats, but he does note that the birds and insects have begun to chirp again.

Catila examines the magical items and is able to determine the use of the headress and scimitar, but the magic on the strange weapon eludes her.


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

His ears perk as the normal sounds of the jungle around them return. "The local fauna have resumed their calls and and chirps. I believe the danger has passed for the moment." he conveys to the group, looking down to the body that the others are now examining.

"Anything of interest on our friend Bones here?"


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

"Yes indeed, there is!" as Catila fills the group in on her findings "I can't seem to make anything of this strange weapon though Songan, perhaps you could take a look at it?"

She then picks up the headdress, loving it's unique and eclectic look, and, slowly and with a great and curious grin on her face, puts it on. She then turns to the others, her smile even wider as she asks brightly "So how do I look??"

Just wanted to point out that I am not claiming any dibs on the headdress for Catila. She's just wearing it for the moment, I'm happy to abide with whatever loot distribution decisions the group makes


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan takes, the strange club-like weapon from Catila, slowly turning it in his hands as he examines it.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Sigh.


Catila does seem more compelling wearing the feathered headdress.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"It suits you, I suppose," says Krupt, grudgingly. "Still, seems better suited to a ball than out here. You'll likely get it snarled in vines and branches at every turn." He then wanders off to retrieve his fallen journal and pen, hoping they haven't been devoured by vines or fire.


Wilds

After gathering gear, the jungle suddenly seems much more alive. Butterflies, brightly colored and large, flutter past. Birds call, monkeys hoot from high places. You take your bearings and head back toward the moving stones. After another two hours of walking, checking your bearing and hacking through jungle foliage, you come to a spot where the trees stop at the edge of a mile-wide depression in the ground. It's around 500 feet deep, but the sides are slanted enough to allow you to safely climb down.

In the center of the depression rise seven bluish stones, seemingly erupted from the ground at odd angles, each at least 1,000 feet high. The bottom of the depression is covered with some sort of moss and the entire area seems to be free of animals.


Fort

The rolled up piece of paper is yellowed, but not with age. A strange mold eats the edge of it, obscuring some of the words. You can make out the following:
..found in the well the day before last... colonists displaying symptoms of devil chills... statue makes Father Uriel nervous... possibly connected to the north field...

A patch of writing has been erased here. The following is all that remains:
..came in the night. Abadar preserve us. Their howls are like... I fear what the pale ones mean... it is over.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt studies the paper, recalling anything of use. About the statue, the mold, and the content.

Knowledge (History, Nature, Planes) and Linguistics
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Ok now I know this dice roller is messing with me, what are the odds.


Male Half-Orc Paladin of the Sacred Shield 4

Mevakh frowns with displeasure. He has long prided himself on his ability to tell if others were spinning falsehoods. Neither, it seems to him, believe that they are in the wrong. Their stories cannot both be true, and there must be a way to tell based on the hammer. He hands it to the blacksmith. "What is this hammer made of? Examine it, please, and let me know what you learn." To the arguing pair, he remains interposed between them with his impressive stature keeping them more than separated. "Surely, there have been those that you would have shown such a treasured possession to. Do you each have any corroboration or witness?"


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Wilds

Did anyone pick up that Maqahuitl? If not, Lena would be interested in keeping it as a 'memento' :D

Casting her gaze over the monolithic structures, Lena is amazed at their size. I wonder if they are natural? she thinks to herself or the product of magic or construction?

She ponders this thought for a moment...

Knowledge checks to identify stones, moss and general area:

various dice rolls:

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

... before turning to the others

"Is this the area you found on your last foray into the Jungles?". Seeing that this area is a lot larger and more open than the jungle trails previous, Lena switches to her crossbow and loads a full clip of bolts, keeping a sharp eye on the clearing and the surrounding woods as she listens to the group's responses.

perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Fort

The blacksmith holds it up, examines it, and even licks it slightly. He shakes his head. "I can't be sure. There's something else mixed in with the steel, but without taking it apart I can't be absolutely sure. I'm sorry."

When you ask for witnesses, several people step forward. Disturbingly, they all corroborate both stories: that individually each has a hammer made of mixed material and of a high quality.


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

No one has claimed it yet, Lena, but we haven't identified it yet, either.

Giving up on the strange, primitive club-like weapon for now, he returns it to Catila, apologizing for not being able to do more to help her identify it.

The group trudged the remainder of the way to the strange stones in relative silence; when finally they emerged into the large clearing, Songan's eyes widened in amazement. As soon as they get into the depression, he begins looking alertly about, his bow held at the ready, an arrow nocked should combat become a necessity. He is particularly interested in searching for any sign that the stones may have moved at any time in the last few days.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Krupt stands at the edge of the depression, taking in everything. His hands fumble once more for his notebook and pen, popping the cork on a vial of ink tied to his belt. With a dip of the pen he begins sketching the scene on a blank page.

"Interesting..."

Knowledge(nature) check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24, to see if this phenomenon is like anything he's ever heard or read of before.


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Arriving at the unusual stones, Orin peers around intently to seen what he can see.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Knowledge(nature):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

If it's been less than 3 hours since we left, Catila's song bonus is still in effect. If it's been more, she starts humming it again. So +1 to Perception, Init and Reflex y'all

Catila's eyes widen more and more in avid curiosity and fascination the closer they get to the stones.

Once they get to the edge of the depression she spends a few moments taking in the whole scene and jotting all the details down on her map. When finished she then scurries down to join Songan in looking all around, trying to determine what to make of it all.

Perception from edge: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24

Perception bottom of depression: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21
6 KNOWLEDGE [arcana]:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
6 KNOWLEDGE [dungeoneering]: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
6 KNOWLEDGE [engineering]: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
6 KNOWLEDGE [geography]: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
6 KNOWLEDGE [history]: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
7 KNOWLEDGE (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Guys, I will update tomorrow. I just moved a friend down three flights of stairs and I am bushed. See you tomorrow!


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

no worries! She must have been heavy ;)


She ain't heavy, she's my broth... waitaminute.

Knowledge Nature-Collective Result:
The stones appear to be formed of some bluish rock you've not seen before. Moreover, they seem to be porous and possibly lighter than granite or a similar stone. The moss that coats the ground is a fast growing variety, which may cover an area this size over the course of days or two weeks at the most.

Perception - Collective result:
Given the moss' lack of real root system, it is possible that the stones may have moved and the moss simply resettled around the stones. However, the longer you stand observing the stones, you get a sense of slight, rhythmic motion, as if a long slow breath...

Knowledge Arcana:
You've heard of spells and effects which could lend the appearance of life to inanimate objects. Perhaps there is something occurring here?

Dungeoneering:
While you have heard of strange rock formations in the Darklands, none of them could survive long in the sun.

Engineering:
Even if you assume the stones are half as heavy as commensurate granite, the lack of seams indicate that they are one piece and thus moving them into place here would have been a feat of magic, not of physics.

Geography:
The only place you've ever heard of strange rock formations like this occur in wild magic areas. But this area doesn't share the usual tell-tale signs.

History:
You don't recall anything similar from history, but you do recall a dusty old text that theorized that the first dragons might have emerged from stone eggs laid by the gods.

Local:
Wait. The fort is that way, right?


Also (because I'm a nerd...)

SPOILER ALERT!


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan stares curiously at the stones for a few moments, wondering at what kind of rock this was. He circles the closest one or two of the strange formations, hoping to find a small piece of stone that he can somehow break off to bring back for Leralt to look at.

Once he has determined success (or lack thereof) of this endeavor, he begins moving the moss away from the bottom of the stones in a circular pattern; if the moss had indeed simply re-settled around the base of the monoliths, it certainly wouldn't hide a drag trail in the underlying dirt. Of course, there was always the possibility that there was no drag trail, in which case the most likely assumption would be that they simply sprang forth from the earth...but if that happened, where was the debris they'd have ejected from around them? Gah..! Too many possibilities here, and I'm wasting my time trying to think of this from a strictly geological perspective... Songan thinks to himself, stepping back from the stones for a moment to try and think if there is any mention of a similar geological oddity in history, both worldly and arcane...ly.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Knowledge (Arcane): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Maybe I should stop making Perception rolls. I've rolled 10 of them since we started and only twice rolled higher than an 8. Heck, half of them have been 6 or lower.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

Krupt looks up from his sketching. "This stone is like nothing I've seen before. The fact that such massive monoliths were cast up out of the earth without evidence of massive geologic upheaval suggests a preternatural event. Perhaps someone should use a spell to detect any dweomers present."


Songan begins to peel back the moss, only to find more of the bluish stone instead!

Knowledging:
Wracking his mind for similar cases, Songan can only find references to 'living stone' having been found on other planes or worlds. Perhaps this is some sort of elemental intrusion into the material plane?


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Not sure what we're waiting for here, but just in case it's Me...

The diminutive detective gives a harrumph of frustration, for while many possibilities and theories come to her explaining the strange blue rocks.

Quietly exchanging notes with her companions, she quickly comes to realize that none of them seem to have any better ideas. Not one to easily give up though, she next focus her arcane sight on the stones, trying to determine if they give off any magical auras, and if so, what kind and of what strength.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

If that proves fruitless, she then begins looking around the rest of the clearing for any caves, entrances, items or anything else of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Hit it with an axe?


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan eagerly discusses his own recollections with the good doctor, explaining the references to something like "living stone" that he remembers mentioned as being located on other planes or worlds. He makes the suggestion that the stone could actually be some sort of manifestation of one of the elemental planes, likely earth, intruding into the material plane.As he explains this, he shows her that underneath the moss is just more of the bluish stone.

Afterward, he tails her, hoping that perhaps two sets of eyes will prove better than one as they search for anything unnatural in the clearing...aside from the already discovered, of course.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30
Dang! Nice to finally roll something higher than a bleedin' 8. Hopefully not gonna be a wasted nat-20...


Male Half-Orc Paladin of the Sacred Shield 4

Mevakh nods in thanks to the blacksmith. Even if he was ultimately unable to help, he deserved thanks for volunteering. "Please fetch the wizard. He may be able to determine more about it. If he balks, please insist." While what he said is true, Mevakh harbors a secret fear. If both are right, it is possible that their mysterious enemy may have tampered with their memories. Such a thought angers him - there is no greater slavery than taking a person's mind. After all, even in bondage, he always has had his mind as solely his.


Wilds

Catila searches the stones, looking for caves or crevasses, and finally checks them for magic. It is an odd result she finds...

Catila:
The stones exude a sort of Transmutation aura, but innate to the stones, almost as if they were some form of chrysalis. Perhaps something lies within?

Songan joins the search for anything to explain the odd nature of the stone here, and walking over the entire area in his search, he does find something...

Songan:
As you step over the entire area, a part of the ground beneath you suddenly feels more spongy than the rest. Clearing away the moss here, you discover a slightly translucent, almost rubbery portion of the stone. Inside the stone is a creature, curled into a sleeping pose. It is huge in size, almost 30 feet long, and seems to be made of stone or armor. It resembled a shark, but with four powerful legs and in a moment the name of such things occur to you: Bulettes. However, there is something else attached to the creature, almost like a placenta, though this is clearly an adult specimen. The attached creature is red and pulses like a heartbeat, pumping glowing crimson fluid into the bulette. It radiates a sort of malevolence...

Fort

The blacksmith nods and heads off toward the city hall. The man and woman bicker still, each one claiming the hammer and each accusing the other of theft. As you send off the smith, you hear the end of the exchange.

"It's clearly mine! I left it right by my work table!" Says the man.

"Liar! I found it by my bunk where I left it!" says the woman.

"Harlot, I know you stole it from my work table and placed it by your own bunk! How else could it have gotten to your bunk?!" says the man.

"How dare you accuse me of theft, thief! It was by my bunk because that's where I left it, it being MY HAMMER!" screams the woman.


Fort

Leralt, sorry I missed your post in the shuffle. My apologies.

Leralt studies the note, pouring over it for meaning. It seems to be a portion of the missing pages of the log book, but scrawled in the margins instead of recorded property. The hand is similar to the other log entries, but more quick and less measured, as if the author was in a hurry or in fear. The mold seems to be a common wood mold, probably arising from a damp climate and a dark place. As to why the paper was hidden in its strange hiding place? Leralt can make no solid guess without further data.

A few moments later, there is a throat clearing. Leralt turns to see a blacksmith, slightly out of breath. "Please sir wizard, the knight, he requests your presence and aid. He said I was to insist."


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt looks at the paper and statuette. Better to keep it with him then leave it laying around for any fool to pick up. He carefully wraps up the parchment and places it in a case. While wrapping up the statuette in a cloth and pocketing that too. Turning to the blacksmith when he is done.

"This had better be good."

Unless it was magical in nature he would not be pleased. He lets the blacksmith lead the way.


The smith leads you to the bunkhouse, where quite a crowd has gathered, peering in curiously. Pushing through the crowd you enter to see Mevahk standing solemnly between a man and a woman, crafters both, who are shouting at each other angrily, apparently over the ownership of a hammer.


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt gets the gest of it quickly.

"Did you really call me for this. These two are fighting over a hammer. Well if you going to be childish about the matter and not simply share like rational beings on an island. Did you take into account the difference in metals. A hammer with mithral in it will always be lighter then one made wholey of iron. Just place it on a scale. If it its the same wieght or heavier then it does not have mithral in it. That should settle things."

He looks around with magic detecting eyes, just in case it was more then nonsense at work.

I will assume he was told the whole story. Cast detect magic too.


No magic, save what you and Mevahk might have on you. The hammer is a hammer: well-made, but not magical.


Male Catfolk Bard 5; HP 28/28; AC 17/13/14; F+1/R+7/W+4; Init +3; Per +10

Songan's eyes widen by at least a factor of three at what he spies beneath the surface of the moss. He struggles for words for a good five or ten seconds before he finally murmurs in a low voice, "By the gods..."

The sense of malevolence he feels radiating from whatever-the-creature attached to the 30-foot-monster is makes his fur stand on end, a feeling of foreboding creeping through his being. Feeling as if crying out to his companions would somehow wake the beast, he commits this location to memory before going to retrieve the other members of the group.

"You all need to come see this. I...I have no idea what to make of it. All I know is...it isn't good." he tells the group, leading them back to the location he'd found. It doesn't take long to reach the area of strange, spongy stone beneath the moss, which he peels back even more of so that the others can get a better view of what he'd seen just moments before: The 30-foot-long armored bulette seems curled fetally, a strange placenta-like thing attached to it. The thing seemed to pulse regularly, like it was some giant heart, the red hue of it only further adding to that perception. Beyond that, vessel-like tubes connecting the thing to the bulette flow with a glowing, crimson fluid. The malevolence that he first sensed from the sight again makes the hair on his entire body begin to stand on end.

He releases a slow, held breath as he stares down at it, trying to will his primal fear into the back of his mind. "Do you all feel that, too?" he asks, never looking up.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (vivisectonist) 5 (Init +2; AC 17, t12, ff15; hp 18/41; F+6/R+6/W+1)

"I do not know what that is," says Krupt, after several long moments of staring at the scene before him, "but I certainly know that to which it has attached itself. The advisable course of action is to get away from here as quickly and quietly as possible before it becomes aware of us. Of course, if someone sees a sample of this stone that is loose and easily available, then pick it up. I can study it back in the now even more dubious safety of our settlement." His voice is very calm, but quiet.


Male Half-Orc Paladin of the Sacred Shield 4

Mevakh interrupts the conflict between the two by interposing himself between them. Gilded as he is in the trappings of a man of Abadar, his orcish heritage still cuts an intimidating figure. He affords each of them a withering stare in turn. "This will NOT turn into a shouting match, where the winner gets the hammer. I understand that both of you feel that the other is lying. However, this is a land of laws. We have a social contract to uphold to each other to abide by those laws. Stand down and allow the system to work."

When Littlehorn arrives, Mevakh hands him the hammer and says to him loudly, "I would appreciate if you could use your skills to learn more about this item. Please test it as best you can to determine its properties." He leans in much closer and says in a hushed whisper, "I think that they may have had their minds tampered with. Both truly believe that they are right, and one must be wrong. Is there any way that you can check?"


Male Tiefling Void Elementalist 5

Leralt looks at the half orc with a an annoyed expression.

"Their is nothing wrong with them besides being greedy and childish, its not uncommon."

Taking the hammer he speaks to anyone near by.

"Do we have a scale I can use, along with a normal hammer?"


Female Half-Elf Rogue 1/ Inquisitor 4. Init: +5, hp: 30/30 F: +4, R: +4, W: +7, AC: 18

Poking her head over the edge to view what Songan mentioned, Lena's heart stops. She had never seen anything like it. A bullette, she had heard of but one growing under otherworldly rocks? Her first instinct was to shoot the cords connected to the creature but Krupt's words sway her in time. This was not the situation to act rashly- it wasn't just her own life on the line here. She had to protect the civilians in the nearby town as well as the lives of her companions.

As the group slowly backs away, Lena attempts to gather some of the strange spongy rock for a sample and covers the retreat to the jungle with her crossbow raised, a sharp eye watching for the slightest movement.


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Need some clarification here. The area that Songan found, is not near to, and not obviously connected to, the blue rocks in any way, yes? And the blue rocks themselves are hard (granite like?) while the thing the bulette is in is spongy rock? Also, in carefully searching the whole area, do we find any other bulette sacks?

Catilla casts detect magic again over the bulette and it's parasite, and then continues using it as she scans over the whole area, looking for another such 'egg sack', praying to the gods that she does not find one. While taking extra care not step heavily, and to watch where she put her feet, she was not too concerned about waking the creature, as none of their explorations had as yet done so.

All the while, he mind is spinning as to what could possibly be the explanation of this newest mystery that have found.

6 KNOWLEDGE [arcana]: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
6 KNOWLEDGE [dungeoneering]: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
6 KNOWLEDGE [history]: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Dwarf Monk(Zen Archer)/Inquisitor 5, hp 60/60, AC 21, (T21/FF18), Init +13, Perc +14 F+8(13)/R+8(13)/W+11(16)

Orin goes over to see what Songan found.

"This doesn't look good. I wonder if this is the only such thing, or whether there are others."

Orin will survey the area looking for more of the same. Taking 20 to do a thorough job. Perception = 29


Female Gnome Bard (Detective)/ 5

Was assuming the same for Catila's search, sorry didn't exactly Say that. So Perception 29+1


Fort

At Leralt's words a scale and normal, slightly sooty forge hammer are found. The scale is placed and balanced and when it settles, the normal hammer and the fought-over hammer are laid. The scale slowly sinks as the forge hammer is definitely heavier than the mystery hammer.

The woman's eyes look triumphant as the man's shoulders slump. He mutters in a defeated tone, "Then where the hell is my hammer?"

Wilds

The place where the bulette lies is inside the blue rock. It only seems that some places in the base of the blue rocks are translucent, like bubbles in liquid or a bubble of air in amber. It is almost as if the inside of the hard blue stone were somehow liquid.

Catila racks her brain, but the only knowledge she can compare this to would a tale of drow fleshcrafters she heard once. Supposedly the drow utilize dark magic and some sort of strange rock to facilitate the shaping of one creature into an aberration of some sort. Perhaps the stories were not so far-fetched as she first supposed.

Between Orin and Catila's thorough searching, an hour later they have identified several other 'birthing chambers', but unlike this one, they do not all contain bulette. One contains some sort of stone creature, one holds a gigantic wolf and one holds, frighteningly, a dragon. The dragon appears to be a green specimen, but the placental thing is changing its appearance to green shot through with red. Each of the birthing chambers is in the blue stone, but in varying degrees of proximity to the flat surface. Indeed, each of the translucent chambers seem to be moving toward one of the nearby stone monoliths. In the hour you search, you can notice this movement, even though it is glacial in nature.

Lastly, their examinations reveal a last chilling fact: each of the stone monoliths jutting from the surface contains a barely perceptible seam running perpendicular to the ground, as if the stones could open and release whatever lies within. Perhaps that was the movement they saw before? And if so, what sort of creature was birthed from this horrid womb?

401 to 450 of 1,224 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / On Abadar's Secret Service All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.